PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon... with zombies.

Loki_42
2011-11-19, 12:27 PM
Okay, so through a combination of me wanting to do a game in an established setting, and my friend talking about an AFMBE game that fell through, I had this idea. This terrible, horrible idea. And I can't shake it. I now have to run a pokemon game set in a zombie apocalypse. I decided to use Pokemon Tabletop Adventures, because there would be less stuff to homebrew, but I'm still a little rusty on the mechanics. Mainly I'd like rules for guns(and other weapons, I'm not sure what the base game says on that), zombies(Which I really don't know how they'd work in this system), and maybe a template for pokemon that could be universally applied to make them zombified.

Is this an insane idea? Can I do it?

Rogue Shadows
2011-11-19, 12:55 PM
Okay, so through a combination of me wanting to do a game in an established setting, and my friend talking about an AFMBE game that fell through, I had this idea. This terrible, horrible idea. And I can't shake it. I now have to run a pokemon game set in a zombie apocalypse. I decided to use Pokemon Tabletop Adventures, because there would be less stuff to homebrew, but I'm still a little rusty on the mechanics. Mainly I'd like rules for guns(and other weapons, I'm not sure what the base game says on that), zombies(Which I really don't know how they'd work in this system), and maybe a template for pokemon that could be universally applied to make them zombified.

Is this an insane idea? Can I do it?

This is going to be a funny zombie apocalypse, right? Like Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland? Because I cannot even concieve of a dead-serious zombie apocalypse scenario set in the Pokemon world.

Loki_42
2011-11-19, 01:44 PM
This is going to be a funny zombie apocalypse, right? Like Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland? Because I cannot even concieve of a dead-serious zombie apocalypse scenario set in the Pokemon world.

Oh yes. The comedy might get a little black, but it's impossible to be at all serious with this idea.

Mando Knight
2011-11-19, 05:25 PM
Zombies... don't really fit as an apocalyptic threat in the Pokémon world. Mindless shambling hordes can't compete with a world where any random kid could be psychic, or carrying a ninja bug or fire breathing dragon in his pocket, and where soul-eating abominations are collected like trading cards.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-19, 06:58 PM
The Pokemon world already has plenty of undead monsters and demonic possessions.

Thane of Fife
2011-11-19, 07:45 PM
Zombies... don't really fit as an apocalyptic threat in the Pokémon world. Mindless shambling hordes can't compete with a world where any random kid could be psychic, or carrying a ninja bug or fire breathing dragon in his pocket, and where soul-eating abominations are collected like trading cards.

They could always be pokezombies.

Mando Knight
2011-11-19, 07:50 PM
The Pokemon world already has plenty of undead monsters and demonic possessions.

Yeah, and none of them have taken over the PokéWorld. Zombies are fairly low on the undead totem pole as-is, mostly being a threat when there's great numbers of them. They'd maybe be the Team Z Mooks' Pokémon or the random junk 'mons you find in early routes in a region, but zombies themselves don't really qualify as an apocalyptic threat in Pokémon.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-19, 07:55 PM
Yeah, and none of them have taken over the PokéWorld.

I'm agreeing with you.

Just felt like I needed to point that out.

Seerow
2011-11-19, 07:57 PM
You should look up the Pokemon Snakewood mod. It's a hack that turns pokemon Ruby into a zombie apocalypse scenario, if nothing else it could give you ideas.

Loki_42
2011-11-19, 11:26 PM
Okay, yes, zombies actually amassing enough numbers to threaten the pokeworld is ridiculous. Zombies being a serious threat pretty much any time they come up is ridiculous. Any reasonable defense system should be able to squash any zombie apocalypse. I don't really have a problem with this kind of ridiculousness, though. Somehow the numbers get to the point where they are a serious threat, and they're really hard to take down. Plus, I'm going to use pokezombies, which would be a whole other degree of difficult.

Cieyrin
2011-11-20, 12:53 PM
...I can only think of Pokethulhu combined with Zombies to double the ridiculousness going on.

Urpriest
2011-11-20, 06:58 PM
While this isn't what you're doing, I've had fun in the past with a pokemon-esque situation in which zombies exist instead of pokemon. Kids go around finding interesting corpses to animate, trading them, and making the resulting zombies duel eachother.

Ashtar
2011-11-28, 02:50 PM
You might want to look at the Shaman King manga / anime. It could be viewed as a pokemon / zombie type world...

As for the rules... no idea ^^. Good luck!