PDA

View Full Version : Weird Homebrew Trait Begging to be Used

Tokuhara
2011-11-19, 06:05 PM
My DM just e-mailed me a trait he wants one of us to use. I plan on being that guy.

It is as follows:

Primative

You are a throwback to your primative nature. You may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you are the most deadly.

Your INT score must remain 6 or less. However, you cannot suffer Intelligence damage or Intelligence drain. Use your Strength modifier instead of Intelligence to determine skill points

Fully aware that this trait can hurt as much as it can help, but it sounds too fun to pass up.

My plan is to play a Wild Neanderthal Barbarian (because who needs intelligence when you hit things with a big ******* stick?)/Frenzied Berserker/Primeval who smashes people's faces in.

Any ideas on helping a player out??

Diefje
2011-11-19, 06:18 PM
What exactly are you looking for?

Sure Barbarian works fine, the only drawback for you is the limited skillpoints since you normally don't completely trash your int. But you'll get some more space for cha (yay intimidate) or wis (yay not killing your party). I still don't forsee any problems with a standard build.

Tokuhara
2011-11-19, 06:21 PM
What exactly are you looking for?

Sure Barbarian works fine, the only drawback for you is the limited skillpoints since you normally don't completely trash your int. But you'll get some more space for cha (yay intimidate) or wis (yay not killing your party). I still don't forsee any problems with a standard build.

I'm looking for advice/ideas for a super-low intelligence character (6 or less)

Flickerdart
2011-11-19, 06:21 PM
Well obviously you want your Intelligence at 3, so combine this with Pathetic Intelligence for basically a free feat.

Tokuhara
2011-11-19, 06:25 PM
Well obviously you want your Intelligence at 3, so combine this with Pathetic Intelligence for basically a free feat.

But too low and I cannot communicate and I am little more than a feral animal. I love that idea though Flick

Noblesse
2011-11-19, 06:32 PM
If you do go for frenzied team killer berzerker... be sure to get Iron Will or something.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-19, 06:32 PM
Ask your DM if you can change it so that in addition all Int linked skills are forever more not class skills but you can run your skill points off of Con.

Otherwise you are going to have maybe 1 skill point per level, animals with 2 Int are better than that.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-19, 06:33 PM
3 is the bare minimum to be a thinking, sentient being. Any lower, and you are more like an animal. 3 allows you to communicate just fine, though I'm sure you you ill be expected to RP that three. Since you are in no danger of being int-damaged/drained, there's no practical difference between a 6 and a 3, other than minuses to knowledge skills.

Tokuhara
2011-11-19, 06:38 PM
Iron Will is a homebrew prerequisite for Frenzied Berserker for our games.

And Tippy, I forgot to add that your STR modifier is used instead of INT. My bad Playground.

And as I stated in a previous thread. All Hail Emperor Tippy! The God of Win! You have overthrown Charlie Sheen as the God of Winning (simply because he has already won, therefore cannot be winning)

Tokuhara
2011-11-19, 08:14 PM
Here's thus far:

Race: Wild Arctic Neanderthal
Class: Barbarian (some combination of 3.P Archetypes/Variants) 5/Primeval 5/Frenzied Berserker 10

Pathetic Intelligence Flaw+Primative Trait, Probably also grabbing Luposlipaphobia (the fear of Wolves, Kitchen Tables, Newly Waxed Floors, and People Wearing Socks with no shoes)

Tokuhara
2011-11-20, 08:46 AM
Anybody? Any aid would be awesome

Dragonsoul
2011-11-20, 09:01 AM
Well, the thing is that any non-wizard character is fine-Your DM has just in effect said "I've taken all penalties for dumping INT away" (Also remember Class Fluff is Discardable at will, your sorcerer can just be a guy who waves his hand and makes explosions)

Tokuhara
2011-11-20, 09:16 AM
Well, the thing is that any non-wizard character is fine-Your DM has just in effect said "I've taken all penalties for dumping INT away" (Also remember Class Fluff is Discardable at will, your sorcerer can just be a guy who waves his hand and makes explosions)

I still get -3 to knowledge checks, I still can't be wizard, factotum, warblade, Psion and get the ideal level of capability

Dragonsoul
2011-11-20, 09:25 AM
That's it- any non-int based spellcaster is fine, assuming you don't care about knowledge checks.

Tokuhara
2011-11-20, 04:35 PM
That's it- any non-int based spellcaster is fine, assuming you don't care about knowledge checks.

My DM has us making Knowledge: Local checks left and right, along with Perception and Appraise

Flickerdart
2011-11-20, 04:40 PM
Someone else can be the knowledge monkey, and all the perception skills are Wisdom based. Krugg no need know what puny human is or how much puny human necklace cost. Krugg smash puny human and give puny human necklace to puny elf. Puny necklace make puny elf happy. Krugg no understand.

Tokuhara
2011-11-20, 05:38 PM
Someone else can be the knowledge monkey, and all the perception skills are Wisdom based. Krugg no need know what puny human is or how much puny human necklace cost. Krugg smash puny human and give puny human necklace to puny elf. Puny necklace make puny elf happy. Krugg no understand.

You, good sir, are hilarious

Venger
2011-11-21, 11:41 AM
the "throwback" feat from dragon 354 might be fun and fit thematically too:

http://www.oocities.org/fukutomu/history.htm

if you scroll down, you'll see "shuffled interior" which requires thowback and great fortitude but gives you light fortification, which is kind of cool

if you want to do the whole leadership thing, you can always take "might makes right" too to key your leadership score off of str instead of cha, letting you dump that too (moar strength)

Ravens_cry
2011-11-21, 12:09 PM
That homebrew trait is a little silly. I would personally only have the former effect, skill points coming from strength is a little "Whaa . . .?!" for my taste. I really do not see it justified by your being atavistic.