PDA

View Full Version : Therrinsford and Beyond (4.0 IC)

shaddy_24
2011-11-20, 07:01 PM
The time grows near for your appointment. All of you decided to respond to the call for adventurers; some were sent personal requests, some were asked by their superiors, and some noticed a letter nailed to a wall in some tavern. Now though, you all finish getting ready. Armour strapped on, weapons prepared, everything cleaned and in place. Or at least as much as you care to have it. Your destination is the council chambers in Therrinsford’s city hall, to find out what they need an adventuring group for.

Please feel free to describe your character, how they got the request and them getting ready/heading down/arriving.

Stripedshadow
2011-11-20, 07:54 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd strode calmly through town, surveying every individual he passed by. He stopped every now and then for a greeting, asking people what they knew about the paper he found posted before getting half-knowing responses. Generally, his conversation slowly ramped up to the point where one of them walked away, either the other person from being slightly intimidated, or him losing his temper with the commoners' disposition. Anyways, he found his way to the city hall - he was already well informed, the paper was just for reinforcement.

As he approached the city hall, he opened his senses, keeping an eye out for others with the same line of work as his in mind. 'Honor to my mentors, and to Avandra herself, I will help to bring these people better times...' he mumbled, reassuring himself. As he entered the building, he strode swiftly through, merely showing whoever he came across inside the paper with the notice for them to tell him the way or point the way to the council chambers. He gave the door in front of the chambers a loud knock before entering the room and surveying the council there, steeling himself to maintain his patience.

RandomAction
2011-11-20, 08:22 PM
Quynn

The day started normally for Quynn. He rose and dressed himself. Here and there a bit of soreness lingering in his body from the previous night. After placing all his gear and weapons ready, a soft knock comes to his door. With his hand on the hilt of his sword, Quynn listens patiently as the tapping finishes in the correct code for today.
A small slip of paper slides under the door and into his room. Sighing deeply, Quynn walks over to the note and opens it, quickly reading the contents and burning the note with the flame of a nearby candle. When finished, he strides over to the door and grabs the red cloak hanging from the nail he had droven in.
Placing the cloak over his shoulders and glancing in the mirror, Quynn stares at his reflection in quiet thought. His wife, Myrdia, wouldn't recognize him now. His once proud brown locks are now shades at his temples with grey and his dark grey eyes seem a bit more hollow than he remembers. Lingering over the scar that crosses his face, a small spark of anger rekindles inside him.

To city hall then.

Quynn mutters darkly as he leaves his room and enters the streets through a side exit. He quickly joins the crowd heading northwards. Here and there fellow guild members raise hands or nod heads in greeting. Every once and a while a dark blue sash can be seen working its way through the crowd.
Cursing the cowards softly, he continues on knowing that his guildmates would be keeping an eye on them. He stride in quick and full of purpose as he reaches the building and enters inside. He spares a glance around and waits to be summoned inside the chambers beyond.

Creed
2011-11-20, 08:30 PM
Myra

Eyes follow the silver coated eladrin through town. Since she arrived three years before, she has been a nearly permanent fixture in the local tavern, serving drinks and spiced potatos with a smile and a kind word at nearly all hours. When she arrived, the townsfolk were unnerved by the woman, who wandered out of the hills one night, from the wilderness to the east. Never before have the townsfolk, who have since become familiar with the eladrin, seen her dressed in anything sparing a simple garb, much less this extravagent outfit of silver and fine cloth.
Myranathiasa Duyevan, her hair blowing in the slight wind that eagerly sweeps down the streets between the homes of Therrinsford. She approached the designated meeting point for adventurers, the town hall, her pack resting casually on her shoulder, a smooth silver rod gripped in her left hand.

horngeek
2011-11-20, 08:42 PM
Arianna

Arianna walks through Therrinsford, heading for the city hall in her armor. Mostly composed, there are slight signs of nervousness from the princess- after all, this is the first time she's being allowed to go adventuring without any supervision.

All right, any supervision that could act as a 'safety net'. In any case, it was only this morning when the news had come in that the Council was looking for adventurers, and the Knight-Captain had told her that this was a good opportunity.

So, here she was. Walking into the Town Hall and waiting for the Council. In the meantime, Arianna looks around, silently taking the measure of the others here.

Hircine
2011-11-20, 08:48 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian strides purposefully through town a piece of parchment clenched in his right hand. Using his free hand he pulls his cloak tightly around his frame. It took some time for the Eladrin to locate town hall as this was his first visit to Therrinsford.

As he enters the structure he wonders if the information he go from Ralof Keen-Eyes will actually lead him to Aramil Sunstrider and his Drow master. He pushes the thoughts from his mind as he stops just outside the council chamber to prepare his entrance.

He starts with the faint sound of trumpets playing as he makes for the door. He follows that up with a shower of sparks that fall as he enters the room. Finally he creates a small puff of wind that billows his cloak.

With a wide grin on his face he takes a bow. "Lathian Maldranthe at your service!"

horngeek
2011-11-20, 08:52 PM
Arianna blinks at the newest arrival. "Um... pleased to meet you. I'm Arianna."

RandomAction
2011-11-20, 09:06 PM
Quynn

Sitting in the nearby corner, Quynn watches as the door opens and closes a couple of times. Each allowing a different person to enter the hall. The first was a eladrin wearing a silver coat. She swept into the room with the air of authority.

Interesting., he thinks to himself as his human eyes watch the next person enter.

This one looked nervous or excited one. He couldn't tell anything other than she was half-elven. Though the richness of her garb suggests she is not a common adventurer.

My, my., comes the response inside his mind, before a blaring of noise drew his attention back to the door.

The eladrin that entered after the blast and with a quite a show as the sparks rained down around him.

What have I gotten into?, Quynn questions himself quietly.

Hearing the half elf speak, Quynn stands and gives a slight bow of his head. Taking a deep breath, he voice whispers across the room.

I am called Quynn. It seems as though the council is sparing no expense, eh?

Quynn may act a bit sourly for now, but until he gets to know the group he will play most of his cards close to his chest.

Hircine
2011-11-20, 09:07 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

"It is my pleasure, Arianna." Lathian then clenches his right hand and when he opens his palm a golden flower sits there. He then walks over and hands the flower to the half-elf.

horngeek
2011-11-20, 09:19 PM
Arianna smiles as she accepts the flower. "Thank you."

She nods at the comment by Quynn. "You're right. I suspect we're not all, but the people who have arrived already..."

Hircine
2011-11-20, 09:42 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

"I came here looking for a former...acquaintance. I found a notice in one of the taverns here and decided I would help the councils cause."

Creed
2011-11-20, 09:56 PM
The eladrin women in the silver coat speaks up at this point. Among my people, the eladrin, I was called Myranathiasa Duyevan. But you may call me Myra.

Stripedshadow
2011-11-20, 10:10 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd eyed everyone carefully, up and down, before walking up to them and introducing himself with the same simple lines and a nod of his head. "Greetings to you, if you're all here for the council. I'm Lloyd, here to help on behalf of the citizens and the community, chiefly." he emphasized the part about the citizens and the community, making his negative connotation towards the council plain.

spitflame341
2011-11-21, 01:16 AM
Tellyrmis finished washing his face, his hands running across the scarred remains of his right cheek. His milky eye starred back at him from the mirror, his left eye taking in his appearance. His armor was donned, his glaive strapped across his back. He donned his eye-patch, meticulously adjusting it, and left his spartan apartment.

It had been nearly a decade, and still the only residence he could stay in was the church housing. No one was openly hostile to him any more, but most everyone still distrusted him. And who could blame them? He had seen his kin, fought many of them as well. They were savages, devil worshipers and worse. Not like the cultured people of his long distant home. No, it was no wonder the people of Therrinsford distrusted gnolls. For the most part, Tellyrmis was not bothered by this. He had his friends, few though they were, and that was enough.

As he walked through town, people moved out of his way. He was used to it, and it didn't faze him at all. I wonder what Sandra needs? She had asked him to come to the council today. It probably had something to do with the request for adventurers he had been hearing about. Likely some new goblin insurgence.

As he approached the city hall, he heard the unmistakable sound of trumpets. There were some sparks at the door of the building, and a small breeze picked up as an eladrin walked into the hall. Flashy. Heh, this will be interesting.

A moment later he walked through the same doors and down to the council chamber. While the council was not yet present, several adventurers were. The half-elf princess he recognized, having seen her many times in Bahamut's temple. Up close, he did not recognize the eladrin that came in before him, He's new, that one. The eladrin woman he had seen many times around town - how could anyone forget her - though they had never met. The quiet man in the corner seemed familiar, but he couldn't recall him from anywhere specifically.

Ah, Lloyd. Troublesome. They had never gotten along, and had almost come to blows on occasion. This will be interesting. Aloud, he said "Seems an interesting group has answered the council's invitation."

horngeek
2011-11-21, 02:22 AM
"Indeed it has. Hello, Tellyrmis."

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-21, 02:24 AM
Kennard's natural clock awakened him at the appropriate time. He looked out the window towards the crisp dawn, a sense of foreboding in his soul. "There's going to be something different about this one," a voice inside him said, but he ignored it and went about the business of freshening up for the adventure ahead.

He remembered the sign, stuck with a dagger to the tavern's bathroom door. It was the usual call from the council to gather a band of adventurers to tackle this cult of evil-worshippers or that band of monsters. He sighed as he remembered the days before the rise of Sandra within the political ranks and her seeming infinite ability to bend the council to her wishes. Kennard suspected no foul-play; his fellow townsfolk just seemed so much more prone to act on impulse than rationality.

"Thirteen years!" he shouted suddenly, and subconsciously noted the flutter of bird-wings outside his window. "Has it been that long already?" To Kennard, it almost felt as though Sandra had only arrived yesterday. As he was slipping on his usual gear, he made a mental calculation of the time based on the skylight. "Just about time to go," he thought to himself. He dusted off the politicking tools in his head and prepared them for use. Oddly, it was not the capturing of cultists or slaying of monsters that he found most difficult. It was the meeting of the members of the newest adventuring troupe.

He briefly summoned a rose before it whiffed out of existence, and smiled broadly. As he put on his traveller's hat, he pointed his finger over his shoulder and let a burst of chill fly from his finger, pegging the eye of the straw target dummy in the corner. He slung his backpack on his shoulder and headed out of the door, the usual knot of excitement in his tummy.

<...>

He gave nods of recognition to the guards at the front of the council, with they returning the nod. Chamber workers pointed the way as he strode through the building, though they needn't have since Kennard was quite familiar. So familiar, in fact, that he took a side entrance. He stopped just outside the doors to the Council Chamber itself and listened.

As he had planned, it seemed as though all or most of the other adventurers had gathered and met, so he could skip that uncomfortable first phase and just jump in with the rest. He heard Lloyd finish his spiel: "I'm Lloyd, here to help on behalf of the citizens and the community, chiefly."

Kennard put his hand on the doorknob, and next heard a familiar voice. "Seems an interesting group has answered the council's invitation." Kennard thought to himself, "Ah, a friendly face will be here. Excellent." He took that as his cue to enter the Chamber hall.

Hello Lloyd, I apologize for being late. Kennard turned his attention to the other adventurers. He took stock of them but withheld forming opinions about them as people, having learned early (and often) that appearances can be deceiving. His tactical mind surveyed their potential abilities for use in the adventuring troupe.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-21, 02:28 AM
Hello ladies, gentlemen. My name is Kennard Raedos, local wizard, raised in Therrinsford. Assuming we've been gathered on a mission against the local cults, please know that I have spent much time studying them and fighting them. I'm here to aid in any way that I can.

spitflame341
2011-11-21, 12:38 PM
"M'lady," Tellyrmis replied to Arianna's greeting, offering a half-bow to her.

The door opened again and in came Kennard. Excellent. I was wondering when he would show up.

After Kennard introduced himself, Tellyrmis addressed him "It is good to see you here my friend. From the looks of things, it would seem likely that there has been some monster activity. We may well need your power and knowledge before our task is complete."

Turning to the new eladrin he introduced himself I've not seen you around before. Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Tellyrmis. Despite my race, I am not so monstrous as the beasts in this country. My land is from far over the mountains to the west and just as civilized as the town we are in now. I have been living here for about fifteen years, and I assure you I am only as much threat to you as anyone else here in this room. I hope my presence will not disturb you."

shaddy_24
2011-11-21, 01:24 PM
Kennard arrives just barely in time, as the back door to the room opens. All six council members enter, with Sandra walking towards you while the others move over to the table set up for them and stand around it talking among themselves.

Sandra is a severe looking woman in her mid forties. Tall and somewhat imposing, she carries herself like a skilled warrior. While she's unarmoured, she still carries a bastard sword at her waist, though it looks more ceremonial than practical. As she approaches the group however, a wide grin splits her face and her stance relaxes somewhat.

Insight DC 20
While she's trying to hide it, she's nervous and sleep deprived.

Tellyrmis, Kennard or Streetwise DC 17
Sandra's in her early 40's and a local to Therrinsford. She's actually also a retired adventurer, and was fairly active in fighting goblins and cultists before she entered politics. She was a skilled swordmage, and that sword may look ornamental, but she still has the skill to use it.

"Tellyrmis, my friend! I'm glad you could make it." She looks over the rest of the group, stopping a few times to address someone. "Kennard, good to see you as well. And Miss Arianna," she nods her head to the half elf, "I'm sorry, I don't know the rest of you personally, but thank you for coming down. I was not expecting such a large group on such short notice." She waits a moment to allow introductions, then continues (unless you say something specifically to get a response).

"You've been asked down here because of a situation at a monastery about a 2 days journey by foot out of town." Those of you familiar with the town know of the monastery. A group of monks venerating the Raven Queen live there, in contemplation of life and death or something of that nature. They visit town once in a while to purchase supplies and other things. "They send a messenger down each month to meet with the clergy in the church of the Raven Queen here and to purchase supplies. The high priest came to us recently to report that their messenger is late. Almost a week now." She looks over at the rest of the council members, who are paying attention to the conversation. "The council's decision was to wait at least a week longer before investigating. I personally feel that an investigation should go now, so I've decided to fund you myself." The other council members nod at that.

"I can offer each of you 50 gold to make a quick trip to the monastery and check up on them. If all is well, you'll be back in a few days. However, if things are not well and you find something that could be a threat to Therrinsford or the other towns nearby, the council will supplement your pay." One of the other council members, a thin, male elf, steps forward at this. Those of you familiar with the council recognize him as Trinaran, head of the merchant's guild.

"We can provide a minimum bonus of 100 gold above what has already been offered, with options for higher payment depending on the severity of the situation and the personal risks faced."

He leaves it at that, gesturing for Sandra to take the floor again. "So, that's the basic situation. Any questions?"

Insight DC 18
There's more to what she's saying, though it doesn't look like she's trying to hide it. Rather, it seems like she's trying to put it out of mind.

Tellyrmis, Kennard or Streetwise DC 20
Sandra likely has an ulterior motive for this mission. She has a younger brother who recently got out of jail for thievery, and as his community service requirement joined the monastery.
Kennard
Kennard suddenly recalls something he saw almost 15 years ago, when Therrinsford was swarming with demonic cults. A guardsman, one of the few who tried to fight the cultists, sitting beside a house, holding a small, burned body. The door of the house was smashed in, windows broken and carved into the frame "STAY AWAY." Friends and family targetted as revenge for one who wouldn't stop meddling.

Hircine
2011-11-21, 02:05 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian lowers his hood just as the members of the council enter. A rather imposing middle-aged woman then approaches the group who Lathian believes is Sandra. She makes a brief comment to several members of the group, who Lathian assumes she is already familiar with.

The woman then relays the parties job, to investigate a monastery of the Raven Queen.

"May I inquire into why you won't check out the cloister as from what I've heard around town your quite a skilled swordmage? On another note have any strangers passed through town recently, they would have gone by the names Aramil Sunstrider and Ryltar Morvyndis?"

horngeek
2011-11-21, 02:19 PM
"I can answer that first one, with your permission. As mayor, her duties are here, not out on the field."

Arianna doesn't mention her suspicion that Sandra would probably very much like to go out herself. Bringing up personal reasons for a mission in front of the council would not be a good idea.

"Do you have any idea which groups may have attacked the monastery if it was attacked?"

Hircine
2011-11-21, 02:55 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

"That makes sense.", Lathian shrugs.

While the Eladrin runs a hand through his silver locks a thought comes to mind. "Is there any chance that an attack could come from within the monastery? Like say a cultist infiltrated the place to bring it down from within."

Lathian then mutters something under his breath about traitors.

spitflame341
2011-11-21, 05:54 PM
When Sandra and the council walked into the room, Tellyrmis returned her greeting warmly, then listened intently to the briefing. Responding to Lathian's question about cultists, he said "It is doubtful that there was a traitor among them. Those who revere the Queen of Death are loathe to betray her. After all, none can escape her wrath - she claims them all... eventually." His knowing grin shifted to a deep frown, all the more intimidating for his maimed face. "Infiltration, on the other hand, may have been possible. Sandra, do you know of anyone new to the area who would have joined them in the past few months? Or of any monsters gathering together recently?"

RandomAction
2011-11-21, 08:17 PM
Quynn

Listening to everyone speak, Quynn sighs and looks to the ceiling. He walks over and speaks to the council leader in a voice close to a whisper.

Is there a map we can get to the temple?

He stares at the others, before continuing.

Other than the monks' troubles, has anything else been happening around? Any rumors or such that have been going about the surrounding area?

Quynn rubs his chin in thought as he listens to the woman speak. After a few seconds, he speaks again.

I do not know about the others, but I do not have a horse. Will the council, or yourself in this instance, supply one?

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-21, 08:34 PM
Kennard knew Sandra was aware that he'd be hooked at the merest mention of trouble in or near Therrinsford. So, he simply watched the other guests and listened patiently as they asked the questions he would ask anyway.

Creed
2011-11-21, 09:53 PM
Myra smiles excitedly.
I'd be glad to go out on this adventure, no matter the reward or risk. I wish to hear what these holy men have to say, the philosophy behind the one they worship.

shaddy_24
2011-11-21, 10:05 PM
Sandra listens to your questions and begins answering. "There hasn't been many reports of goblins or orcs in the area recently, though that means little. They swarm up from nowhere with the least notice. As for new members..." she hesitates for the briefest of moments. "No one new to the area, at least not to my knowledge. Last I heard there were 18 people living there, but that was when the last messenger passed through."

Insight DC 20:
She isn't lying, but there's something she's not telling you about the inhabitants of the monastery.

As Quynn approaches, Sandra turns to answer his questions. "I can give you a simple map of the monastery and the area. And yes, you will be provided horses. I'll have to ask you to return them though, I don't own them myself and will be borrowing them for you to use." She glances around to see if there are any further questions.

horngeek
2011-11-21, 10:22 PM
"I don't need a horse for myself..."

Arianna pauses briefly, deciding whether to question Sandra further. There's something she's not telling us... but I can't exactly call her out on it in front of the Council.

RandomAction
2011-11-21, 10:42 PM
Quynn

Giving Sandra a nod of acknowledgement on the care of the horses, the dark clad human takes a deep breath. He glances to everyone else waiting to see if they have any more questions about the job. Seeing a chance to speak, Quynn asks.

Is there anything else needed while we are there?

Pausing for a second, Quynn looks to the group and states.

I am at least satisfied with the terms, if all is in readiness then shall we?

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-21, 11:07 PM
"I too will be walking, Arianna."

With a reassuring smile, Kennard directed his attention Sandra. "18 people, was it? Do not fear. I am confident we will be able to keep them all safe while we seek the messenger."

"I am ready to go as well. For those of you new to hunting parties, I recommend double-checking your provisions. Two days on foot is a short trip, but tis better to have too much and not need it than the alternative."

Then, to Tellyrmis more privately: "I look forward to working with you officially for once, as opposed to off-the-record."

horngeek
2011-11-21, 11:10 PM
"...actually, I meant I have my own horse."

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-21, 11:19 PM
With that, Kennard laughed openly. "So you do. You'll have to excuse me. I find people harder to read than books. Much as I dislike the beasts, I suppose I'll take a horse too then, so as not to be left behind."

spitflame341
2011-11-21, 11:28 PM
I doubt any of the horses will be big enough for me... Tellyrmis thought, but decided not to comment aloud.

At Kennard's comment "I too am looking forward to working together once more. More so that our service has been requisitioned."

Addressing his fellow adventurers, "I can be ready to leave within the hour. Where shall we meet, and how soon shall we leave?"

shaddy_24
2011-11-22, 01:24 AM
Sandra joins as you work out where and when to meet before heading out. Noting how many horses you'll need, she sends a runner to deliver the message, as well as to bring a map for you.

As you prepare to leave and gather up the last of what you'll need, Sandra speaks up again. "Tellyrmis, could you stay back for a minute, there's something I'd like to talk with you about. I guess you too Kennard, this likely involves you as well."

As the others head out, she walks up to you and says
"Could... could you please tell the rest of them about Carlose? And pass on my appologies for not saying so myself. I... it's hard for me to talk about it, I'm worried." She glances over towards where the other council members are. They've walked a little distance away to give you some privacy. "I need to put the needs of Therrinsford over my own. But it's hard sometimes." She smiles, though it's obviously strained. The stress on her face is much more apparent now that she's just speaking to you two. "Come back safely, okay?"

Note: Carlose Vermalkin is her brother's name. Six years ago he was caught breaking into houses and fencing stolen property. He was put on trial before the council, with Sandra having to abstain from voting due to conflict of interest. He was sentenced to 5 years in prison, and 2 years community service after his release. During his stay, he apparently found religion, and asked if he could petition himself to the monks at the monastery as his community service. After speaking with the abbot, his request was allowed. He's been living there for the past 8 months.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-22, 01:59 AM
Kennard whispers back to Sandra and Tellyrmis:

"I thought that might explain your putting down of your own personal funds for this issue, though I wasn't certain you'd wanted to release the information to the adventuring group, given a few are unknowns.

You've noticed the pattern too, have you? Attacks against the loved ones of cult-fighters? I must say, I sympathize. Though my family has passed away, at least I can say they are no longer in harm's way.

We will do our best. Do you have any suggestions on how we might best recognize Carlose?"

spitflame341
2011-11-22, 09:53 AM
Whispering back, Tellyrmis says:
"Hmm. I had not known about the cult-fighters being targeted, but then, my ties to the other villagers are limited. Sandra, are you certain you want us to inform them of your brother? I don't trust that eladrin wizard - he seems quick to suspect traitors. I am worried that he may try to pin this on Carlose if he finds out how recently your brother was sent up there, especially if he learns of Carlose's past."

Pausing for a moment, Tellyrmis looks down almost sheepishly - a somewhat comical sight, considering his imposing nature. "I must echo Kennard's last question - I have not seen your brother in years. How will we recognize him?"

shaddy_24
2011-11-22, 12:08 PM
Tellyrmis and Kennard

Sandra nods to Kennard. "That crossed my mind. When the high priest came down to request an investigation, I abstained from the vote. The final decision was 3-2 against.[/colour] She smiles sadly. [colour="indigo]I can't manipulate the council or the town's funding to push my own agenda, but it doesn't mean I can't use my own money to fund it. As for telling the others, I don't want to hide anything from them. If you don't think it's necessary, don't worry about it, but please tell them if it's going to be important."

When both of you admit to needing a description, she laughs. It seems to calm her down a bit. "He's about five and a half feet, and bulky. I think he kept his hair, people tend to assume that monks are required to shave their heads even if that's not the case. If he did, it'll be black.

Hircine
2011-11-22, 03:12 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian gently lifts his hood back onto his head. "I have no need for a mount and would prefer that we get underway forthwith."

Creed
2011-11-22, 04:09 PM
Myra stands and picks up her pack.
I'm ready to leave as soon as everyone else is. I will be borrowing one of the horses, I suppose. Not that I have anything against walking, but it would be a shame to slow ourselves down.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-22, 06:56 PM
Kennard tips his hat to Sandra and briefly puts his hand on Tellyrmis' shoulder, giving him a nod, before turning to the rest of the group.

"It sounds like we're all ready to go. To the stables, then."

Stripedshadow
2011-11-22, 09:03 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd nodded his head in deference, appearing to take little interest in the proceedings, except where the Raven Queen was mentioned. "If horses are being provided, I'll request one." he responded calmly to that point.

As they walked out of the council room, he visibly relaxed. He was much more comfortable around this group of people, though they were strangers, than he was in front of the insufferable council. "I've no love for them yet at least..." he muttered, just loudly enough for those close by to hear. He quickly straightened himself and then turned to Kennard. "To the stables, then." He nodded and followed.

Creed
2011-11-22, 09:14 PM
Myra follows the group to the stabes, smiling sweetly.

Why don't you like the council? Lloyd you said your name was?

RandomAction
2011-11-23, 12:20 AM
Quynn

Following the group towards the stables. Quynn attempts to keep his eyes forward and his hand on his weapon ready for anything. His eyes scan everything as they make thier way to the stables.

I would prefer leaving now as well. I do hope that these animals are trained and docile enough to not throw a rider.

spitflame341
2011-11-23, 02:13 AM
Tellyrmis hesitated, letting the others leave. Speaking quietly to Sandra:
"Don't worry, we'll see your brother safe, and do what we can for the monastery, if something has happened."
He offered a last smile, then walked out of the council chamber, following the others to the stables. I wonder what Sandra has prepared for me to ride?

Stripedshadow
2011-11-23, 10:01 AM
Lloyd

Lloyd nods, and speaks quietly to Myra, as they walk towards the stables. "And your name is Myra? Have you heard the stories of what it used to be like here, and what it is now? These people deserve some peace!" He gritted his teeth in an attempt to control his tone. "And that councilor..." he paused, balling up his fists as if ready to punch something. "She's responsible for most of it." He quieted himself, turning to Tellyrmis as he caught up after his talk with Sandra, giving him a curious, but dirty, look.

Creed
2011-11-23, 10:15 AM
I... see.
The division among the party is blatantly obvious to Myra.
There are those who are supporters of the Council, like the gnoll and the wizard, and then there were those who were suspicious of the Council's motives, like Lloyd.
Myra quietly ponders the notion, mentally seperating the group dependent on where their loyalties lie.
One thing was certain: whoever took charge of this group would have a hards time getting the two factions to work toward a common goal.

RandomAction
2011-11-23, 07:37 PM
Quynn

Quynn is listening to the others discuss the councilwoman. His own political view is in the middle ground. He knows that without the council, things would go back to the way they were before. An internal stryfe in which nobody but the rich or powerful comes out ahead.

Must we talk politics? We could be doing more important things instead., he pauses to take a breath before continuing, Like getting to know each others tactics?

His voice remains flat throughout his whole speech, hiding his emotions behind an icy mask of professionalism.

Stripedshadow
2011-11-23, 08:21 PM
Lloyd

Lloyd sighed quietly, groaning inwardly."I suppose you're right. I was hardly listening as she was issuing her request, to be honest." He admitted his downfall. "If we must prepare then, what are your tactics?" He smiled and raised an eyebrow as he faced Quynn, looking halfway friendly, especially now that he was off the subject of the council.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-23, 11:25 PM
Kennard's attention perked at the mention of tactics.

"As a matter of fact, I have been considering this since our talks with the council began. I know Tellyrmis is a solid fighter, as I've seen him in battle. Arianna too looks capable of defending herself in a fight and is well-armoured. Quynn, the fact that you even asked about tactics suggests that you're no stranger to a fight, and I've noticed a certain grace in your footsteps, so if I may be so bold, I think you would be better placed at the front lines as well."

"Clearly.." he smiled, arms open, and looked down at his ensemble, "I myself am the weakest link in raw physical combat, and given the way Myra is dressed, she too should not be on the front lines. (No offense intended Myra, I am merely making an observation.) I am fully aware of my limitations, so I try to carry a reserve of at least three potions of physical recovery at any given time. You may find I'll spend a good amount of time making more, during downtime."

"I focus primarily on pushing our enemies around the battlefield. In this way, those members of our group who are capable of taking the hits aren't overwhelmed. If my evaluation of any of you is off the mark, please let me know, as I consider it critical to my role to stay on top of your abilities and limitations, so that I am helping to manage combat in a way safest to each of us."

Creed
2011-11-23, 11:49 PM
Myra nods.
Yes, I am indeed more comfortable further back from the combat, but I am more than capable of escaping foes in a fight, or eliminating them from afar.

RandomAction
2011-11-24, 02:54 AM
Quynn

My skills are in my movement in combat. Outside of battle, just leave the shadier things to me. For some reason I have a knack for them.

Quynn gives a confident smile as he lays his right wrist on the hilt of his blade.

horngeek
2011-11-24, 04:43 AM
"I've had training in both leadership and personal combat. Also, I've got a few skills oriented towards healing, so that should help."

spitflame341
2011-11-24, 08:59 AM
Like Arianna, I too am trained in leadership, though my training lies more toward defense and protection. My psionic abilities most often manifest in telekinesis, pushing or pulling enemies as an extension of my physical blows. In addition, I have many talents for punishing enemies that try to ignore me, and Bahamut grants me a small measure of healing to assist my allies."

Stripedshadow
2011-11-24, 10:20 AM
Lloyd

"You all have rather...curious methods of fighting." Lloyd pointed out. "Nevertheless, You will see my support to each and every one of you on the battlefield." He taps the bow on his back thoughtfully, glancing out of the corner of his eye at Tellyrmis with a strange grin. "Also, naturally, through my life of travel, I have an innumerable amount of skills in many areas. If there's something we need to know or find out, I will." he added. Though he sounded confident, almost rash, he was much more friendly now that the council was off of his mind.

Hircine
2011-11-24, 01:41 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

"I am able to perfectly blend spellcasting and swordplay. It is truly a sight to behold."

shaddy_24
2011-11-24, 03:03 PM
Your conversation is interrupted as you get closer to the stables. Those of you with your own horses split off to pick them up, while the rest of you head in. The messenger Sandra sent ahead of time meets you there and leads you over to where several horses have been put aside for you. Most are regular warhorses, though one is gigantic, one of very few horses large enough to carry Tellyrmis.

OOC:
Stats wise, everyone who doesn't have their own horse gets a Warhorse (level 3 brute, MM pg. 159) except Tellyrmis, who gets a heavy warhorse (level 5 brute). It's also got enough strength to actually carry him.

The runner gives you a map as well, showing the basic area around the monastery (OOC: which I don't have yet. I'll try to get one for you over this weekend). The monastery sits out of the way of all the major roadways, in fairly rocky terrain. You'll be able to get to it with your horses though. It's about 45 miles outside of Therrinsford, so you'll have almost a full days travel to get there.

You head out soon afterwards, while it's still mid morning, riding out towards the monastery. The journey is uneventful as the hours pass by.

Quynn, Kennard, Lathian, Lloyd
Passive Perception DC 16: A small figure is lying in the grass off the road when you're about an hour out from the monastery. You can't make out any details from here.

spitflame341
2011-11-24, 03:40 PM
Before they left the stables, Tellyrmis pulled Kennard aside for a hurried conversation:

"Do you think we should mention Sandra's brother to any of them? I believe we can trust Arrianna - she is a noble soul and is honorable in her dealings. I don't trust Lloyd, and I know nothing of Myra, Quynn or Lathian."

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-24, 05:33 PM
Back in town, Kennard replies to Tellyrmis:
I think this comes down to a question of whether any of them are truly evil and what they would do with this information, or whether this is simply politics. I strongly suspect it's just politics, so although we have to be careful, there's no serious threat if the information got out.

That said, I'm not keen to share the information just yet, especially with Lloyd. Although he may not have cruel intentions, it's obvious he has no love of Sandra and may quit the job despite the payment. I think Sandra's motives should be revealed to him slowly.

I'd also rather not share the information with Myra just yet. There's a rumour going around town.. I don't know if you'd heard it.. that she just simply walked out of the forest one day wearing little to no armour and not accompanied by escorts. I'm not one to listen to gossip, but I think it would be best to withhold judgement about her for now.

I don't know anything about the others. I will trust your judgement regarding Arianna, and leave it to you to share this with her, since I've only just met her today.

As they ride, Kennard suddenly withdraws a small, clear crystal orb from his belt pouch and starts scanning the trees ahead in the distance. He breaks the repetitive <clop, clip, clip, clop, clop> sounds of their horses' steps:

"Weapons out please, ladies and gentlemen. Over there, is it a body? I recommend two of us go ahead to check it out while the rest of us come up slowly, in case it's a trap. Arianna, you mentioned you have some ability to aid the wounded. I request that you volunteer first, if you're willing?"

RandomAction
2011-11-24, 06:43 PM
Quynn

Quynn has been somewhat silient throughout the trip while keeping to the back of the group. He has been trying to keep an eye out for trouble ever since leaving the city. He glances at the trees struggling to remember the names of half of them when he notices the body.
He first thought was to ride ahead of the group to check the person for weapons. As he passes Kennard's mount with his own, he hears him alert the group to the possible spy. With a whispered curse, Quynn speaks up.

In case this a trap, it may be a good idea if I went as well.

Hircine
2011-11-24, 06:59 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

The eladrin despite saying he wouldn't require a mount does indeed gets onto one of the beasts of burden. Once the party gets out on the road Lathian tries to stay towards the front of the group.

One of the group stops his horse claiming to spot something in the distance. Narrowing his eyes Lathian manages to spot the figure as well.

"Yes, I see it as well, Kennard. I will go with Arianna to make sure she won't be the victim of some cowards ambush tactics."

Lathian then jumps down from his steed and immediately draws his weapon. As he waits for Arianna and Quynn to join him he again surveys the land looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception Roll:
[roll0]

Stripedshadow
2011-11-24, 07:11 PM
Lloyd Ingram

Lloyd grumbles under his breath as he spots the person huddled in the grass. "What are you all stalling for...someone could be in trouble..!" he snapped. Nevertheless, he pulled out his bow and started spotting, not at their concern, but in every other direction. "If it's a trap as you all so clearly think it is, the threat will be in every other direction." he continued calmly.

Perception Roll:
[roll0]

Creed
2011-11-24, 08:14 PM
Myra

Myra takes glances around.
A body? Oh, I say, I do see it now. I hadn't noticed that before. I sure hope that they are alright!

Perception

[roll0]

RandomAction
2011-11-24, 08:34 PM
Quynn

Climbing down from his horse, Quynn draws his sword and quickly but cautiously makes his way over to the figure. His palms start to sweat as he nears closer. He tries to be silient and hidden from any threats while keeping an eye out.

Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

spitflame341
2011-11-24, 09:38 PM
Back at the stables, conversing with Kennard:Tellyrmis nodded in silent assent, and proceeded to mount his giant of a horse.

Tellyrmis stopped his horse at Kennard's warning. Drawing his halberd, he surveyed the area, as Lloyd did, while Quynn made his way to the body. He scanned the tree line and grassy fields with his eyes while taking a deep sniff of the air.

[roll0]
He gains an additional +5 (from the Gnoll Tracker feat) if there is anything he could smell (like people, or steel, or beasts that aren't horses...).

Hircine
2011-11-24, 10:46 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Seeing Quynn make his way over to the prone form, Lathain follows behind his eyes darting furiously trying to take in the surroudings.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-25, 12:41 AM
Kennard's eyes narrow and his brows furrow as he starts to concentrate deeply.

OOC:
Perception Check: [roll0]

Arcana Check using the minute while Quynn and the others walk up; detecting any unexpected magic in the area):
[roll1]

shaddy_24
2011-11-25, 01:18 AM
The group slows to a halt as several members notice a small body in the bushes off the road. Quynn and Lathian dismount and move to investigate, while the rest of you keep watch on the surrounding area. Nothing else appears to be within line of sight. Tellyrmis picks of a faint scent from the body, the wind had shifted to blow towards the group. A horrible scent, of foul clothing and unwashed skin. Smells like goblin. However, there was no sign of their scent anywhere else around.

As Quynn and Lathian approach the body, they begin to pick up more details. It quickly becomes obvious that the body is that of a goblin, not lying as if in ambush, but rather collapsed in a heap on the ground. It's not moving, but no wounds or blood is visible anywhere.

Kennard meanwhile begins to check for magical auras in the area, though none appear as he concentrates.

horngeek
2011-11-25, 02:39 AM
Arianna nods as she dismounts, and heads over to the body to check if there's any signs of life left, and if so, to do what she can for it.

Heal: [roll0]

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-26, 04:51 PM
When Arianna bends down to attend to the body, Kennard clearly relaxes. He coaxes his horse up and dismounts.

I'm much more used to seeing such a creature either fiercely attacking or with a sword sticking through it. Arianna, do you see any wounds? Is it possible it could have just simply passed from natural causes?

Kennard sneers at the smell and the filth, and quickly summons a mystical, incorporeal hand beside the body, but sighs and dismisses it shortly thereafter. He bends down to the body to begin checking what the creature was carrying.

Ugh.. might as well get our hands dirty. No point in wasting an excellent chance to discover evidence of these creatures' intentions. I think we have reason to suspect that these attacks aren't as random as they may once have been. We should get moving quickly though, for the sake of the Raven Queen's monks.

shaddy_24
2011-11-26, 05:30 PM
As Arianna goes to check the body, she finds to her suprise the goblin is still alive, only unconcious. Looking it over, it appears to have collapsed from exhaustion and hunger.

RandomAction
2011-11-26, 07:55 PM
Quynn

Laying his blade along the goblins throat, Quynn's voice hisses.

We need to make a decision quickly. It may know something about the Queen's order, then again it may not. Either way, I believe that it should be silienced to keep our group a secret.

horngeek
2011-11-26, 08:39 PM
Arianna glares at Quynn. "Put that sword away, because we're not murdering anyone."

RandomAction
2011-11-26, 09:18 PM
Quynn

Glaring back at Arianna, the human keeps his tone the same and his weapon held to his side.

First off, this thing is either part of the group that attacked the monks or not at all and it is still a threat to those who live in the area.

He steps away from the goblin, before finishing.

It'll be on your head then. But if it has information on the monks, it must be made to talk.

Quynn stays silient afterwards. His eyes never leave the goblin as the others tend to it.

horngeek
2011-11-26, 11:31 PM
"Right, because all members of a species fit the same mould, and all act alike."

Arianna shakes her head, before attempting to bring the goblin to consciousness, at least.

Heal: [roll0]

shaddy_24
2011-11-27, 12:09 AM
Arianna tends to the goblin for a few minutes, and he eventually wakes up again. However, the moment he sees the group of you he cries out in terror and curls up into a ball, shivering violently.

spitflame341
2011-11-27, 02:21 AM
Tellyrmis dismounted and walked over to the group around the goblin, catching the Arianna's response to Quynn. "She's right you know, you regardless of what you think of me, at least you don't see me worshiping devils and rolling in my waste as my... kind... do here."

Turning to Arianna, he heard the goblin cry out. Walking over to it, he knelt and spoke "Calm yourself, little one. We mean you no harm if you mean us none. We just need to ask you a few questions."

[roll0]
OOC: I'm kind of counting on the fact that I'm a fellow monster to offer some kind of bonus

Creed
2011-11-27, 02:33 AM
Myra watches the others and the goblin from horseback, disinterested with the pitiful creature.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-27, 09:10 AM
After the initial startle of realizing the creature is still alive, Kennard composes himself. As the colour returns to his face, he rejoins the group.

I swear I almost jumped out of my skin!

Careful there, Tell.

If I may offer my opinion; I too do not wish to shed blood where not necessary. Though we shouldn't judge the creature for his species, we must be prepared for whatever is truly in his soul, and quite frankly, it seems highly probable to me that it contains darkness. Just because an evil being suffers from a stroke of bad luck, the being does not necessarily deserve our sympathy.

Quynn, I do not believe your reaction was entirely unjustified. I don't think we or the monks will necessarily be safe if he escapes.

OOC:Readying an action to cast "Ray of Frost" if the goblin gets violent or tries to run away. It should allow us to recapture him without significant damage to either side.

shaddy_24
2011-11-27, 12:28 PM
The goblin spins and stares blankly at Tellyrmis as he talks to it. Then it suddenly begins screaming something in goblin.

Goblin
the elf wouldn't stop laughing as they screamed! he just laughed and laughed and laughed... he continues repeating the last statement until interrupted.

Hircine
2011-11-27, 02:03 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian groans as he listens to the goblinoid chattering in it's native tongue. "Creature can you speak Common? We can't understand you."

RandomAction
2011-11-27, 07:32 PM
Quynn

Pointing his sword at the goblin, Quynn's harsh voice strains itself to be heard over the noise it is making.

Does anyone know what the hells it is saying? Shut it up or I will.

Stripedshadow
2011-11-27, 08:00 PM
Lloyd Ingram

Lloyd had approached the group after scanning the area. "Stop threatening his safety already. It's getting us nowhere." he responded, only slightly impatient. Lloyd knelt down next to the goblin with the others, though he feared it would intimidate the goblin more, he was sure he could control the situation. Speaking calmly to the goblin, he remembered a few of his (quite rusty) oratorical skills. He held out his hand in a friendly gesture. "Stay calm, we noticed you were troubled." He made a gesture to signal the goblin to calm down. "We only wish to help." he finished, with a half-forced smile.

OOC:
Words of Friendship, Diplomacy roll.

horngeek
2011-11-27, 08:01 PM
Arianna steps in between Quynn and the goblin. "I said put that sword away. He is not attacking us, so if you want to kill him, you'll have to go through me first. Understand?"

Creed
2011-11-27, 08:53 PM
Myra speaks up.
He says that the elf wouldn't stop laughing as they screamed. He's repeating it, over and over, she dismounts and walks over.

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-27, 09:40 PM
Myra, you speak Goblin? asked Kennard, with a raised eyebrow.

Can you ask .. him? .. for more details? Maybe where it happened, and a physical description of the elf?

.. hrm, he looks hungry.

Kennard pulls out some jerky from his travel rations and bends back down to the goblin, again.

shaddy_24
2011-11-27, 10:15 PM
The goblin abruptly goes silent as Lloyd speaks to it. He stares blankly at Lloyd for a second, before it silently curls up into a ball again. 'they went below. elf sent them below. then screams. so many screams. elf laughed, and dead began to walk. ran away. others too. captured by hunters. only me now." His common is heavily accented, but clear enough for all of you to understand. He doesn't respond to the rest of you.

Creed
2011-11-27, 10:21 PM
Yes, I speak many tongues,
Myra looks at the goblin curiously,
An evil elf? Walking dead? Hunters?
This one's tale gets more interesting be the minute.

Stripedshadow
2011-11-28, 10:06 AM
Lloyd Ingram

Lloyd smiles warmly at the goblin, keeping face in front of him. "Thank you. Please, stand up and talk to the others here. he chided, turning around and glancing warily at Quynn. Lloyd tried to help the goblin up, but was preoccupied contemplating the situation. "Below....might he mean underground...?" He spoke aloud to no one in specific.

shaddy_24
2011-11-28, 07:32 PM
The goblin resists Lloyd's attempts to stand it up, though it seems to be more aware of its surroundings now. "no! angry! tall ones hate goblins, kill me!"

RandomAction
2011-11-28, 08:26 PM
Quynn

Staring hard at Arianna, Quynn steps back and keeps his blade handy. He narrows his eyes as he speaks.

I have concented to stop my threats towards the goblin. However, I will be cursed to the twelve hells if I shall sheath my sword while we are going on a mission that involves a temple and people, who may or may not have been killed.

Using one hand, he lifts the hem of his cloak to show the irate eladrin. A faint symbol that bears the shape of a pair of wickedly crossed daggers.

By this mark, I work for the Crimsoncloak guild. Once we have taken a job it shall be finished, reguardless of the price involved to complete it.

Raising his hand to point at the goblin, he continues in a raspy voice.

This thing has given us information on our contract. If it has any more than it would be best to get it from it. If it doesn't, then I do not wish to risk the mission on a chance that it could run off and be captured by this elf who plays with corpses. Which in turn, would allow us to be discovered and plans placed to stop us.

Figured that I would introduce the guild a bit here and set the tone for most of his actions.

Quynn doesn't care either way about the goblin's fate, but since he is mercenary minded and has taken a job.........

Hircine
2011-11-28, 10:59 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

"Goblin. What did this elf look like?" Lathian then turns to Quynn. "If you have a problem with letting him go then we'll bring him with us. There is need need to murder this creature.."

rpgZenMaster
2011-11-29, 06:19 AM
I tend to agree with Lathian. I am eager to get back on the road and travel quickly, due to the stakes involved and the risks inherent in our arriving late on the scene.

Does anyone care to take responsibility for the creature? I prefer not to, but will volunteer if no one else does.

RandomAction
2011-11-29, 07:57 PM
Quynn

Spitting onto the ground, Quynn slamws his sword into his sheath. He quickly turns and before walking over to remount his horse, whispers harshly.

Do whatever you wish with it. Just remember that I was against this, if this turns out to bite us in our collective arse.

Creed
2011-11-29, 08:08 PM
Myra

The eladrin glares at Quynn.
I will take the goblin with me, since I am the only one among us who knows it's native language. It seems fitting for no one else.

shaddy_24
2011-11-30, 05:11 PM
A little more egging and Myra revealing to the goblin that she can speak its language gets him off the ground and onto one of the horses with the rest of you. While he still seems suspicious of all of you, it opens up more to Myra in goblin.

Goblin
"My name is Shin. I am a member of the Wolf's Paw tribe. Why are you big people out here, it is far from any of your camps." He's much clearer and better spoken in goblin than common.

You all mount up again and begin heading out again.

OOC: I'll update again tomorrow with more stuff, leave this for a little in case you guys want to question the goblin more before anything else big happens.

Stripedshadow
2011-11-30, 05:36 PM
Lloyd Ingram

Lloyd nods to Myra and accepts his decision. He decided to stay quiet to the goblin now, his unfortunate response unsettling him. "We'll arrive at our destination soon, I suppose. Make sure the...goblin...stays safe." He twitched in annoyance. "Could you ask him his name Myra, so we can address him properly?"

Creed
2011-11-30, 06:17 PM
Myra
He says his name is Shin, of the Wolf's Paw. He asks why we are so far from any of our cities.

Myra turns to the goblin and switches to goblin.

We are here to make sure a group of our shamans that live outside our camps are safe. Not to pry, Shin, but can you tell me more about the elf you spoke of earlier?

Diplomacy Check:
[roll0]

RandomAction
2011-11-30, 07:46 PM
Quynn

Glancing over his shoulder and seeing the goblin riding with the goup, Quynn growls quietly. He spurs his horse to move a little faster as he nears the front of the group. Once there he tries to keep an eye out for any signs of trouble while muttering to himself.

Perception: [roll0]

shaddy_24
2011-12-01, 05:23 PM
Goblin
"The elf... looks like other elves. Wore black leather, used a bow and evil magic." He huddles up while riding and appears very nervous.

You cover another few miles, just entering the rocky hills surrounding the monastery.

Lloyd
You barely catch sight of something dodging behind a large boulder further down the trail.

Tellyrmis
Your nose is assaulted by the smell of dead bodies.

Creed
2011-12-01, 05:26 PM
Myra

Myra smiles.

In Goblin:

Well there's no need to be worried now. My clansmen are powerful warriors and shamen. You don't have to be afraid as long as you're with us.

spitflame341
2011-12-02, 01:55 AM
"By Bahamut and all that is holy..." Tellyrmis growled. He spurred his horse to move faster, drawing his glaive. More loudly, and to the group in general, he said, "We must hurry! I can smell death on the wind, and plenty of it!"

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-02, 03:11 PM
Kennard charges up to the fore, just behind Tellyrmis, preparing to get the jump on whatever threat the team may face.

OOC:
Perception, checking the trees and the road ahead: [roll0]

Creed
2011-12-02, 03:13 PM
Myra

Myra whips out her rod and turns to the goblin again.

In goblin:
Stay nearby me, it's wear you'll be safest.

Stripedshadow
2011-12-02, 08:31 PM
Lloyd Ingram

"I saw something!" Lloyd snapped. He pulled out his bow, aiming it in the direction of the shadow he saw, riding slightly closer, and riding to where he'll be closest to the boulder, but still near the group. Though he still didn't trust the Gnoll entirely, he figured he should be fair. You smelled something, large one? Might we check the boulder?" he said, motioning towards it, bow still ready.

shaddy_24
2011-12-03, 12:51 AM
Tellyrmis, Kennard and Lloyd all rush forward suddenly, pushing past Quynn before he can react. Myra merely pulls out her rod and tries to calm Shin, though it doesn't seem to help as the goblin begins panicking. "hunters! no no nonono, not safe!" His cries and flailing spook Myra's horse, though it doesn't begin bucking yet.

Here's the map. (http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/?action=view&current=EncounterontheRocks.jpg) Please place yourselves within the highlighted area, accounting for your horses taking up 4 squares. Lloyd spotted movement from the right of column AE. Please take note of the order you're in now (Tellyrmis, Kennard and Lloyd moving ahead, Quynn being in front before).

Also, roll initiative.

Passive Perception above 13:
As people begin rushing in, there is suddenly a lot of movement all around you.

RandomAction
2011-12-03, 01:39 AM
Quynn

Ini roll: [roll0]

Starting location: Z-8/AA-9 (Mounted)

Quynn shouts to the others, his voice rasping loudly.

Beware! We are being surrounded! Prepae for anything!

A clear ring of metal fills the air as he draws his blade in his left hand and then spurs the horse to move closer to the three rushing forward. After switching the reigns to the weapon hand, he summons a globe of shadow that covers his fist in inky blackness. His eyes wait for whatever action they plan.

If this isn't a surprise round then here is my turn.

Minor to draw weapon.
Move to ride horse closer. (Unknown end location.)
Ready an Action - standard.
Trigger:
Attack one of the enemies if the come within ranged and attack one of the group using the Shadow Darts power.

Creed
2011-12-03, 01:54 AM
Myra

Myra brandishes her magical rod and whispers under her breath.
Exrolda, your power is called upon again...
Myra breathes deeply.
"So the sheep returns to the fold..." the voice pierces Myra's mind like a sharply-honed spear of ice stabbed into her brain.
The voice was immediately subjugated.
Myra was in control, not the spirit of winter.

Initiative Roll: [roll0]
Move to AC-8
Ready an Action, Target the first enemy to enter 10 squares of Myra's line of sight with Eldrich Blast

Stripedshadow
2011-12-03, 08:16 AM
Lloyd Ingram

Initiative: [roll0]
Starting Point: X-9/Y-10

No Move Action
Minor Action: Inspire Competence (Perception)
Standard Action: Ready Jinx Shot on any target I spot (Anything near the boulder, if that matters)

"Keep your eyes sharp!" Lloyd bellows, his words formed to aid his allies. He stood even more alert, but still focused on the boulder.

spitflame341
2011-12-03, 06:47 PM
Tellyrmis growls at the stench of death and enemies, lowering his glaive as if for a charge. His posture and form are easy, displaying decades of practice and experience.

Starting Location: V7-W8

Free Action at the start of an Enemy's turn (reserved for the most threatening Enemy that Tellyrmis sees): Wild Focus

If before Free Action triggers:
Move: Move to within reach of an Enemy (Enemy by the boulder if none other).
Minor: Battlemind's Demand (No Augment) on the Enemy I moved to.
Standard: [roll=Concussive Spike (No Augment)]1d20+9.

If after Free Action triggers:
Move: Move to within reach of the marked Enemy
Minor: Battlemind's Demand (No Augment) on the Enemy I moved to.
Standard: Concussive Spike (No Augment). (see above spoiler)

Immediate Reaction: Mind Spike vs. a marked Enemy.
Power Descriptions:
Wild Focus: Encounter, Psionic; Free Action, Close Burst 10; Target = The triggering enemy in burst; Trigger = An enemy starts its first turn during an encounter; Effect = You pull the target a number of squares equal to your Cha Mod and Mark it until the end of your next turn

Battlemind's Demand: At-Will, Augmentable, Psionic; Minor Action, Close Burst 3; Target = Once creature in burst; Effect = You mark the target until you use this power again or until the end of the encounter

Concussive Spike: Augmentable, Force, Psionic, Weapon; Standard Action, Close Blast 3; Target = One creature you can see in blast; Attack = +9 vs AC; Hit = 1W + 4 force damage. You push each enemy in the blast other than the target a number of squares equal to 1 + 3

Mind Spike: At-Will, Force, Psionic, Psychic; Immediate Reaction, Melee 1; Target = The triggering enemy; Trigger = An adjacent enemy marked by you deals damage to your ally with an attack that doesn't include you as a target; Effect = The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to your ally.

Hircine
2011-12-03, 10:48 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian upon receiving word of trouble from the others leaps from his horse, his eyes shifting in every direction. He draws his blade from his sheath waiting for battle to be joined.

Initiative Roll:
[roll0]

Lathian will be at AF 9.

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-04, 02:08 AM
As the group approaches the boulder, Kennard pulls beside Tellyrmis but shifts his horse to face towards the undergrowth just in case any unseen threat lies hidden. He quickly withdraws his clear crystal and studies it carefully.

Please keep alert behind us, Arianna, if you would be so kind. Yell if something pops up.

Moving V11/W12 near Tellyrmis and Lloyd
Readying Thunderwave and withdrawing +2 orb
Perception in a South-Westerly direction from my position (i.e. the undergrowth/difficult terrain): [roll0]

shaddy_24
2011-12-04, 11:59 AM
Encounter in the Rocks, Round 1:

You all quickly draw weapons and look about, Lathian dismounting quickly while the rest of you remain on your mounts. Lloyd yells "Keep your eyes sharp!" calling on his magic to enhance the senses of the entire party. It's a close thing too; you are not caught off guard as about a dozen creatures suddenly begin closing in on you. Small, grey skinned creatures that appear to be undersized ghouls approach from all directions. A normal ghoul crouches atop one of the taller boulders, glaring down at you. The creature Lloyd spotted before is revealed to be a wight, with another also moving towards the party. Arianna meanwhile spots a ghostly figure moving behind a rock at the rear of the party and readies to deal with it. Lloyd's magic allows you to pick up another few creatures that were starting to move; another pair of ghouls, these ones in the undergrowth flanking the path, and what seems to be a pair of unarmed goblins.

The general carelessness of the undead as they launch their attack gives you time to prepare and some of you even have a chance to proactively attack them:

Initiative:
I rolled for Kennard and Arianna. If either of you wish to roll it yourselves, let me know.
27: Kennard
25: Lathian
24: Quynn
20: Enemies group 1
16: Lloyd
12: Shin
9: Enemies group 2, Myra
7: Arianna
4: Tellyrmis
Enemies group 2 acts before Myra (+7 modifier).

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound1Start.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound1Start.jpg)

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-04, 03:47 PM
Damn! Our front lines are cut! snarls Kennard. If you lot can hold the front, I'll try and clean out our ranks.

Struggling against combat-riding inexperience, Kennard manages to do a near 180 degree angle turn. There are undead here Lloyd. Be careful! he yells, waving generally towards the undergrowth. Kennard heads back towards the middle of the team.

OOC:

- Moving horse to Z13/AA14
- Casting Thunderwave, Origin AA14, Blasting AB14-AD16
- Close Blast 3; Hit: Thunder Damage [roll0] and push all victims 2 (WisMod) squares

If possible, I'm trying to angle it so the SG, G, SG, and SG on the bottom of the map are knotted together.

Aiming south, Kennard's fingers and arms gyrate in a wild flare as sparks of electricity form and fly off. He holds out the crystal sphere in front of him, and with one final sweep with his other arm, an ear-shattering crash resounds, blasting towards one of the ghouls and a goblin with sheer force.

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-04, 03:52 PM
OOC:D'uh! I just realized I haven't included any attack rolls in my shortcuts.

Attack roll for the Thunderwave - [roll0]

RandomAction
2011-12-04, 11:47 PM
Quynn

The darkness at the hobgoblin ghoul's feet seems to get a little darker to the group, but in Quynn's eyes the Queen is guiding his path. Moving his horse a bit closer, his blade takes on an ebon glow before he slashes the air in front of him which emits a black wave to arc towards the ghoul.

Great, anyone got any grand tricks?

Free action - Assassin's Shroud on G in Z-5, 1 shroud.
Move horse to Z-7/AA-8.
Attack G with Inescapable Blade -standard.
Dex vs AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Hircine
2011-12-05, 03:23 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian upon seeing the enemy disappears from sight momentarily. He reappears with his blade sticking through the back of an undead.

Move:
Teleport to AD 14.

Free Action:

MBA vs SG at AB 14 Intelligence vs AC

[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

OOC: I assume that's a miss.

Hircine
2011-12-05, 03:31 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Having his first attack fail the eladrin follows it up by withdrawing his blade from the living corpse and striking again.

Standard:
MBA vs SG at AB 14 Intelligence vs AC
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-05, 04:15 PM
For Hircine, OOC:
Oops .. careful, that undead is in the bounds of the Thunderwave I'm casting. The area of the wave is AB14 - AD16

shaddy_24
2011-12-05, 04:25 PM
Encounter in the Rocks: Round 1;

Kennard: Damn! Our front lines are cut! snarls Kennard. If you lot can hold the front, I'll try and clean out our ranks.

Struggling against combat-riding inexperience, Kennard manages to do a near 180 degree angle turn. There are undead here Lloyd. Be careful! he yells, waving generally towards the undergrowth. Kennard heads back towards the middle of the team. Moving closer, he gets a better look at the small undead. It does appear to be a goblin, with grey skin, blood red eyes, claws and fangs.

Aiming south, Kennard's fingers and arms gyrate in a wild flare as sparks of electricity form and fly off. He holds out the crystal sphere in front of him, and with one final sweep with his other arm, an ear-shattering crash resounds, blasting towards one of the ghouls and a goblin with sheer force. The goblin ghoul is hurdled into the bushes, it's body broken and shattered and caught in the branches. The larger ghoul braces itself as it's pushed back, caught in the branches itself. (Both hit with 19, SG killed. From now on could you roll against each opponant individually?)

Lathian: Lathian upon seeing the enemy disappears from sight momentarily. He reappears with his blade sticking through the back of an undead goblinoid. However, the ghoul had a brief moment to respond as the eladrin reappeared, and twisted out of the way, with the bladesinger's sword only ripping into the tattered remains of the creatures armour. A burst of force energy hit one of the goblin ghouls behind him, shattering something vital and sending the creature flailing to the ground.

As he pulls his sword back, a brief glimps reveals the clean tip of the blade. No blood yet. Another attempt to drive his blade into the creature's stomach, but his sword glances off the remaints of it's chain shirt, twinging Lathian's wrist and leaving the creature further unharmed. (G1 is hit for 15 damage, and SG is killed).

Quynn: The darkness at the hobgoblin ghoul's feet seems to get a little darker to the group, but in Quynn's eyes the Queen is guiding his path. Moving his horse a bit closer, his blade takes on an ebon glow before he slashes the air in front of him which emits a black wave to arc towards the ghoul. The wave cuts through the bushes, glancing off the ghoul, shaking it, though it's not seriously injured yet.

Great, anyone got any grand tricks?

Enemies Group 1: Wights, Specter, Human Ghoul: The wights begin moving, when Tellyrmis' psionic abilities suddenly grab one and haul it forward, crashing it into the rock in front of it. It spins off balence and crashes to the ground (W1 targetted by Wild Focus. Pulled into rock, fails saving throw and falls prone). It scrambles back to its feet and begins running towards Tellyrmis furiously. The other jumps up onto the rock in front of it and runs over it, closing in on the party.

The ghostly figure at the rear of the party fades from sight, though Arianne sees it begin moving forward before it disappears.

The ghoul on top of the rocks snarls as everyone reacts to the ambush and drops down the back of the rock it's on, and though it lands loudly and everyone can hear it as it begins creeping around behind the rock.

Initiative
27: Kennard; moved back, killed SG, hit G2 for 9 damage and pushed 1 square (difficult terrain prevented further pushing)
25: Lathian; Teleported adjacent to G1, hit for 15 damage, killed SG, missed second attack.
24: Quynn; moved, attacked G1 for 7 damage
20: Enemies group 1; moved, no attacks. Specter turned invisible, green letters indicate last known spot. Ghoul rolled a natural on Stealth, everyone knows its location behind the rock.
16: Lloyd
12: Shin
9: Enemies group 2, Myra

Lloyd is up.

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound1Mid1-1.jpg (http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/?action=view&current=RocksRound1Mid1-1.jpg)

Hircine
2011-12-05, 06:22 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian upon seeing the enemy disappears from sight momentarily. He reappears with his blade sticking through the back of an undead goblinoid.

Move:
Teleport to AA 5.

Free Action:
MBA vs G at Z 5 Intelligence vs AC
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Free Action:
Use Unseen Hand against SG at AD 3. It takes [4] force damage and I'll slide it to AD 6.

OOC: I'm assuming that's a hit. I'll finish my turn once the results of this action is known.

shaddy_24
2011-12-05, 07:16 PM
Yep, that's a hit. Go ahead and finish your turn. SG's a minion, so damage will kill it, but G's fine.

Hircine
2011-12-05, 07:56 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Seeing his foe still standing from his previous attack Lathian withdraws his blade before driving it back into the zombie's gut.

Standard Action:
MBA vs G at Z 5 Intelligence vs AC
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

OOC: Wow two 1's that's awful. I hate this die roller it constantly gives me crap rolls.

Stripedshadow
2011-12-06, 09:43 PM
Lloyd Ingram

Lloyd shudders at the number of undead he hears, sees. "Watch your step, all...." he mutters under his breath. Quickly, he fires off an arrow at the threatening-looking Wight. "Turn away!" he threatens, aiming his trick shot carefully.
Turning every which way, he revels in his preparations to change the tide of combat quickly, attempting to take every advantage from these fiends.

Standard Action: Lloyd uses Saga of Rivalry on W2.
Attack Roll: [roll0] vs AC
Damage Roll (Half on Miss): [roll1]
Effect: The target takes 5 damage at the end of its turn if it is not adjacent to Tellyrmis (save ends). Tellyrmis gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls against the target until the end of the encounter.

Move Action: Move to V-8/W-9.

Other Notes: Lloyd is ready to use Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade on W1, W2, G1, or G2 should anyone miss them with a melee attack and he has line of sight. He is also prepared to use Virtue of Prescience to protect someone from the Spectre(if needed).

Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade (rolling ahead of time)

Trigger: Ally misses with a melee attack
Attack Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]
Hit: The target takes a -6 penalty to all defenses from the triggering ally's attack.

shaddy_24
2011-12-07, 01:12 AM
Lloyd: Lloyd shudders at the number of undead he hears, sees. "Watch your step, all...." he mutters under his breath. Quickly, he fires off an arrow at the threatening-looking Wight. "Turn away!" he threatens, aiming his trick shot carefully. The creature unfortunitely dodges the shot, though Lloyd's magic still draws it towards Tellyrmis. (attack misses, W2 takes 4 damage)

Shin: The goblin shrieks as the undead swarm out of hiding towards the party. He looks in all directions, but seeing no safe place to flee, instead huddles up on the back of Myra's horse, trying to look as small as he can.

Enemies Group 2; Goblins and Ghouls: The two goblins close in on the party. One sprints up beside Tellyrmis, and slashes at his leg with a claw. It drags along his armour, gouging the greave, but the real problem is the draining energy that punches through. Tellyrmis' leg burns and he feels his leg weaken from the necrotic energy. (R1 moves to V6 and attacks. It rolls 22 vs. AC and does 16 necrotic damage) As he's distracted by the pain, the goblin dodges a few steps over, getting ready to flank with the incoming wight. (shifts to X6) The other contents itself with merely moving around behind its cover, closing in with Arianna slowely.
Lloyd:
As the goblin moves in and begins attacking Tellyrmis, you're able to see through whatever illusion it's got up and clearly identify that it's one of the undead.
The two hobgoblin ghouls begin launching attacks on the party. The one to the north of the path, launches an attack on Lathian as he recovers from his missed attack. It scores a direct hit, slaming into his stomach and winding him momentarily. (G1 attacks Lathian, rolling a 24 vs. AC and dealing 11 damage and immobilizing Lathian (save ends)) Meanwhile, the one to the south snarls at Kennard, then turns and runs north east, breaking out of the bushes and charging Arianna. She's distracted by the specter at that moment, and has no time to prepare as the ghoul smashes hard into her, nearly knocking her off her horse. (G2 moves to AH14, then charges to AJ12 and attacks Arianna. It rolls 19 to hit and deals 17 damage and immobilizes Arianna (save ends))
The smaller ghouls meanwhile begin swarming onto the trail, tearing at the horses. (one rolls 25 vs. Arianna's horse and deals 6 damage, 2 roll 21 and 25 vs. Lathian's horse and deal 12 damage, one rolls 20 vs. Tellyrmis' horse for 6 damage and one rolls 28 vs. Lloyd's horse for 6 damage. All horses that have been hit are slowed until the end of the goblin ghoul's next turn.) The strong training of the horses shows through as they do not panic at the pain and the ones that still have riders continue to obay commands. Lathians however, begins getting ready to flee.

Initiative
27: Kennard; moved back, killed SG, hit G2 for 9 damage and pushed 1 square (difficult terrain prevented further pushing)
25: Lathian; Teleported adjacent to G1, hit for 15 damage, killed SG, missed second attack.
24: Quynn; moved, attacked G1 for 7 damage
20: W1; moved, no attacks. (marked by Tellyrmis)
W2: moved, no attacks. (-4 hp, affected by Saga of Rivalry (Tellyrmis))
Sp: turned invisible, green letters indicate last known locaton.
F: rolled a natural on Stealth, everyone knows its location behind the rock.
16: Lloyd: moved forward (V8-W9 occupied by Tellyrmis, moved you to V9-W10), missed W2 with Saga of Rivalry (4 damage)
12: Shin: stayed on horseback, cowered.
9: R1: moved, hit Tellyrmis for 16 damage and shifted
R2: moved
G1: hit Lathian for 11 damage and immobilize (-22 hp)
G2: charged Arianna for 17 damage and immobilize (-9 hp)
SG: charged various horses for damage and slow
Myra:

Myra, Arianna, Tellyrmis, Kennard, Lathian and Quynn can declare actions.

Map
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound1Mid2.jpg (http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/?action=view&current=RocksRound1Mid2.jpg)

Hircine
2011-12-07, 02:28 AM
Lathian Maldranthe - Eladrin Bladesinger
HP 34/45, AC 21, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 16

As Lathian pulls his blade from the zombie's gullet he is slammed in the chest by his opponent. As he tries to move he realizes his body isn't responding, however his armor begins to glow.

Triggered Action:
Flowform Armor: You're subjected to an effect that a save can end. Effect You make a saving throw against the effect.

Saving Throw:
1d20

Hircine
2011-12-07, 02:29 AM
OOC: Previous roll didn't work.

Triggered Action:
Flowform Armor: You're subjected to an effect that a save can end. Effect You make a saving throw against the effect.

Saving Throw:
[roll0]

RandomAction
2011-12-07, 06:06 PM
Quynn Ebonhand - Human Assassin
Hp: 40/40, AC:21, F:17, R:19, W:16

Quynn summons another shard of darkness to settle upon the hobgoblin ghoul revealing to him a weakness in it's defenses. He then pulls the reigns of the horse to make it step back. Removing his hand from the sword, Quynn calls upon the powers of shadow to form a small writhering ball of blacknees in his hand. With a quick nod to Lathian, he thrusts his hand forward and emits a blast of shadow upon the enemies.

Use Assassin's Shroud on G1 (2 total) - free.
Move horse to AA-7/BB-8 - move.
Attack with Cloaking Mist, Blast 3 into Z-6 - standard.
Dex vs G1's Fort: [roll0]
Dex vs R1's Fort: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] cold.

Creed
2011-12-07, 08:06 PM
Myra

Myra turns to Shin and mutters something in Goblin:

Stay here. If I fall, ride this horse as fast as you can away from here to one of our camps and tell them that we need help. Stay safe, Shin.

With that, Myra dissapears.
Literally.
She reappears a second later on the ground, hands glowing with blue energy. Seeing Arianna surrounded and suprised, Myra waves her hands and blue flames sputter to life around the feet of the hobgoblin ghoul, shrounding it in flame.

Move Action to Fey Step to teleport 5 squares to AH9
Minor Action to cast Warlock's Curse on G2, and it takes one damage from my Rod of Reaving +1
Standard Action to Cast Witchfire on G2:
To hit: [roll0] versus Reflex
Damage: [roll1] fire damage
Warlock's Curse damage: [roll2]
G2 has a -5 to all attack rolls until the end of Myra's next turn.
Myra has concealment (Shadow Walk) until the end of her next turn.

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-07, 11:45 PM
Pulling himself together from the spell, Kennard curses and he glimpses the ghouls scattering around the rock and out of sight. As Kennard steps off his horse, his form dissolves while horses whinny in fear on the other side of the rock.

Kennard's form reappears suddenly, behind the backs of two of the smaller and arguably uglier ghouls. Summoning up another storm, Kennard sweeps out a crashing wave with his arm, catching the two ghouls in the wake of the wave.

Free Action: Curse at the ghouls :smallbiggrin:
Move Action: Fey Step from AA14 to AD14
Standard Action: Thunderwave, Origin AD14, AE13-AG15

Attack (against SG at AF): [roll0]
Attack (against SG at AG): [roll1]

Close Blast 3; Hit: Thunder Damage [roll2] and push all victims 2 (WisMod) squares.

Shaddy, should I be rolling damage twice also? If so, [roll3]

Hircine
2011-12-08, 10:42 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Still unable to move Lathian attempts to shake off the undead goblins effect.

Saving Throw:
[roll0]

shaddy_24
2011-12-09, 12:54 AM
Round 1:

Myra: Myra turns to Shin and mutters something in Goblin:

With that, Myra dissapears.

Literally. Shin, caught off guard, shifts into the saddle as best he can, considering his small size.

She reappears a second later on the ground, hands glowing with blue energy. Seeing Arianna surrounded and suprised, Myra waves her hands and blue flames sputter to life around the feet of the hobgoblin ghoul, shrounding it in flame. The creature is faster than she expected though, and it avoids the rising flames.

Arianna: The half-elf grips her sword with both hands momentarily and takes a quick swing towards the ghoul next to her, calling down Bahamut's attention upon it as well. However, she nearly loses her balance on her horse, and the attack swings wide of its target. (Mark G2. Rolled 11 vs. AC with Holy Strike; miss. Rolled 8 for saving throw; failed, still immobilized)

Tellyrmis: The gnoll looks at the situation quickly, and realizes he's about to be surrounded. Thinking quickly, he uses his psionic abilities to continue to hold the attention of the wight he targetted earlier, then stabs his glaive towards it. It ducks low, avoiding both his blade and Lloyd's arrow. Tellyrmis looks over at Lloyd and says "Move back as soon as you can, I need to take some cover." He leaps off his horse, landing on the ground beside the goblin and takes up a defensive position there. (mark W1 with Battlemind's Demand, then attack it with World-Slipping Attack: 17 vs. AC (miss). Lloyd's Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade is triggered, but misses as well. Dismount into X7).

Round 2 Start:

Kennard: Pulling himself together from the spell, Kennard curses and he glimpses the ghouls scattering around the rock and out of sight. As Kennard steps off his horse, his form dissolves while horses whinny in fear on the other side of the rock.

Kennard's form reappears suddenly, behind the backs of two of the smaller and arguably uglier ghouls. Summoning up another storm, Kennard sweeps out a crashing wave with his arm, catching the two ghouls in the wake of the wave. The closer of the two responds quickly, diving low to the ground and allowing the shock wave to pass over it harmlessly; the other, caught unawares as it harrassed the horse, is blasted into the air and crashes limply to the ground several feet away. The survivor growls and wheels about towards the wizard. (SG at AG13 killed, other missed. Roll attack and damage separately for each creature in bursts or blasts please.)

Lathian: The bladesinger, paralyzed to the spot for the moment, lashes out against his target again. A slight breeze of cold air springs up as his sword finally tears accross his target properly, slicing open its side and drawing dark blood. A blast of cold strikes the furthest of the wights, locking it up momentarily and leaving it isolated. A moment later, he recovers his breath enough to move again. (Attack G1; 28 vs AC, 9 damage and bloodying it. Use Frostbite on W2; deals 4 cold damage and slows it until end of next turn. Saving throw successful, no longer immobilized.)

Lathians horse surprises Kennard and the small ghoul at that moment, rearing up and visciously kicking the small undead. It's body is flung through the air as the horses hoof collides with its skull, crushing it beyond recognition and hurdling it into the bushes behind Kennard. (Horse rolls 21 vs. AC: hit, SG killed) The horse then shuffles away from the rest of the undead, though it can't move very far yet.

Quynn: Quynn summons another shard of darkness to settle upon the hobgoblin ghoul revealing to him a weakness in it's defenses. He then pulls the reigns of the horse to make it step back. Removing his hand from the sword, Quynn calls upon the powers of shadow to form a small writhering ball of blacknees in his hand. With a quick nod to Lathian, he thrusts his hand forward and emits a blast of shadow upon the enemies. Both the goblin and the ghoul are caught in the assault, but when the shadow fades both seem unaffected. (Miss both targets)

Enemies: The wights are both momentarily stymed. The first, in a blind fury, sprints past Tellyrmis' horse in order to reach the battlemind, avoiding a kick as it goes. It swings its claw at Tellyrmis from around his horse, but the horse pushes into the undead as it makes its attack, throwing its aim off and fouling the blow. (W1 draws an attack of opportunity from Tellyrmis' warhorse, which rolls a 13 vs. AC and misses. It then attacks from W6, barely missing Tellyrmis with a 20) The second, slowed by Lathian's wind, stumbles forwards a few steps. It's still drawn towards the gnoll by Lloyd's magic, failing to resist the effect. (W2 moves forward 2 squares and takes 5 damage. Fails saving throw to remove Saga of Rivalry)

The other ghoul snarls and changes direction as it stumbles over loose rocks, giving away its position. It dives into the bushes farther away from Lathian and begins sneaking forward, before it catches its leg on a branch and breaks it off with a loud crack, signalling its position again (F moves into the bushes at AK4, then rolls a 13 on its stealth check and continues to remain on the map).

The spectral figure fails to reappear.

Initiative
27: Kennard; teleported, killed SG at AG14, missed other
25: Lathian; hit G1 for 9 damage, bloodying it, hit W2 for 4 damage and slow
24: Quynn; shifted back, missed G1 and R1
20: W1; moved, missed Tellyrmis. (marked by Tellyrmis)
W2: moved, no attacks. (-13 hp, Saga of Rivalry (Tellyrmis), slowed)
Sp: did not reappear, green letters indicate last known locaton.
F: rolled a natural 2 on Stealth, everyone knows its location in the bushes.
16: Lloyd: moved forward (V8-W9 occupied by Tellyrmis, moved you to V9-W10), missed W2 with Saga of Rivalry (4 damage)
12: Shin: stayed on horseback, cowered.
G1: hit Lathian for 11 damage and immobilize (-31 hp, bloodied)
G2: charged Arianna for 17 damage and immobilize (-10 hp)
SG: charged various horses for damage and slow
Myra: teleported, missed G2
7: Arianna: marked G2, missed attack (immobilized)
4: Tellyrmis: marked W1, missed attack, dismounted

Lloyd's up.

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/EncounterontheRocksRound2.jpg (http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/?action=view&current=EncounterontheRocksRound2.jpg)
Red letters indicate bloodied opponant.

Stripedshadow
2011-12-10, 03:46 PM
Lloyd Ingram

Lloyd quickly restrings and shoots his bow - his clever trick shot, the arrow meant to knot around the target. Then dismounting his horse, he turns his attention to Lathian. "Don't let these half-living creatures contain you!" he shouted, granting a burst of movement, a reprieve from the monster.

Standard Action: Jinx Shot on W1.
Attack Roll: [roll0] (16 with the +2 from lvl, which I forgot about)
Damage Roll: [roll1] (same +2)
Move Action: Lloyd dismounts his horse to X-8

Minor Action: Majestic Word on Lathian.
Heals for 17 (+6 Temporary hitpoints) Slide him to AB-6.

Lloyd is prepared to use Virtue of Prescience to help protect from the Spectre if possible, or protect from W1 or to keep Lathian on his feet if absolutely necessary.

shaddy_24
2011-12-11, 12:23 AM
Encounter in the Rocks: Round 2

Lloyd: Lloyd quickly restrings and shoots his bow - his clever trick shot, the arrow meant to knot around the target. The tattered remains of the creature's armour deflected the arrow away, barely disuading the creature from its attack. (miss) Then dismounting his horse, he turns his attention to Lathian. "Don't let these half-living creatures contain you!" he shouted, granting a burst of movement, a reprieve from the monster.

Shin: the goblin spins the horse about, driving it as best he can over towards Myra and between her and the ghoul in the bushes. He yells at the horse in goblin, though it doesn't respond.

Goblin
"Kick! Stomp! Kill the dead!"

Enemies: The goblin in front of Tellyrmis dives into the bushes next to it, provoking a quick stab from the gnoll and a kick from his horse as it left itself open (opportunity attack; 22 vs. AC, 7 damage; horse rolls 17: miss). The glaive crashes into the goblin's side, spinning it around, though it doesn't fall. Tellyrmis' hand suddenly burns, as dark energy burns up the weapon's shaft (Tellyrmis takes 5 necrotic damage). When the goblin reaches a flanking position it lashes out, smashing the battlemind's side and burning him visciously with more negative energy (goblin moves to and attacks from Y7 with flanking; rolls 23 vs. AC; 9 necrotic damage and 5 ongoing necrotic damage). His skin burns and withers, tearing open from the influx of negative energy (Tellyrmis is bloodied). The goblin dodges out of Tellyrmis' reach again, ending behind Lloyd (shifts to X9).

The goblin near the end of the group hops up onto the rock next to it slowely, seemingly unconcerned about reaching the group.

The hobgoblin ghouls lash out again. Lathian's opponant jumps forward, snarling at the wizard (ghoul rolls 27 vs. AC; 16 damage and Lathian is immobilized (save ends). It claws at him, savagly tearing at his flesh, though the boost from Lloyd prevents the creature from harming him too greatly.

Arianna's opponant grabs at the paladin's leg, trying to take advantage of her imbalance to bite her. Arianna counter's its attack quickly though, hitting it in the forehead with the hilt of her sword and nearly knocking it down when it leaves itself open (G2 rolls a natural 1 on its attack. No damage or other effects, just fluff for a critical miss).

The various small ghouls continue to swarm about the battlefield and claw at the horses, seemingly intent on bringing them down (Tellyrmis' horse is hit for 6 damage, Lloyd's is hit twice for 12, and one misses Arianna's, even with flanking. Tellyrmis' and Lloyd's horses are slowed).

Initiative
27: Kennard; teleported, killed SG at AG14, missed other
25: Lathian; hit G1 for 9 damage, bloodying it, hit W2 for 4 damage and slow
24: Quynn; shifted back, missed G1 and R1
20: W1; moved, missed Tellyrmis.
W2: moved, no attacks.
F: rolled a natural 2 on Stealth, everyone knows its location in the bushes.
16: Lloyd: missed W1, healed Lathian for 15 hp and 4 temp hp, dismounted
12: Shin: directed horse over towards F, failed charisma check to make it attack
G1: hit Lathian for 16 damage and immobilize
G2: critical fail on attack roll vs. Arianna
SG: attacked various horses for damage and slow
Myra: teleported, missed G2
7: Arianna: marked G2, missed attack
4: Tellyrmis: marked W1, missed attack, dismounted

Myra, Arianna, Tellyrmis, Kennard, Lathian and Quynn can declair actions.

Status

Enemies:
W1: W6, marked by Tellyrmis
W2: T10, -13 hp, slowed, affected by Saga of Rivalry
Sp: invisible, hidden
F: AK6, DC 13 Perception check to see
R1: X9, -7 hp
R2: AQ7
G1: AA5, -31 hp, bloodied
G2: AJ12, -10 hp, marked by Arianna
SG: U6, U10, U11, AL10

Allies:
Kennard: AD14
Horse: A13-AA14, 58/58
Lathian: AB6, 34/45, immobilized (save ends)
Horse: AG13-AH14, 46/58
Quynn: AA7-AB8, 40/40
Horse: AA7-AB8, 58/58
Lloyd: X8, 43/43
Horse: V9-W10, 40/58, slowed
Myra: AH9, 32/32
Horse: AI7-AJ8, 58/58
Arianna: AK11-AL12, 36/45, immobilized (save ends)
Horse: AK11-AL12, 52/58
Tellyrmis: X7, 28/58, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends), bloodied
Horse: V7-W8, 67/79, slowed
Shin: AI7-AJ8, 35/35

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound2Mid.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound2Mid.jpg)

Creed
2011-12-11, 01:42 AM
Myra

Myra turns as Shin rides up to her, shouting wildly, and she runs to the other side of the horse with a clump of energy in her hand, tossing it towards the ghoul in the bushes.

Move to AH6
Minor to cast Warlock's Curse on F, F takes 1 damage from Rod of Reaving
Attack F with Eyebite
To Hit: [roll0] versus Will
Warlock's Curse Damage: [roll2]

spitflame341
2011-12-11, 04:21 PM
Tellyrmis gritted his teeth in pain as a cold fire shot through him from the wound in his side. Thinking quickly, and reacting even faster, the warrior reached into a satchel on his side and withdrew a small, black potion. Bringing it to his mouth and breaking the seal in one smooth motion, he downed the bottle. Immediately the necrotic energy seemed to lessen to a low pulse - one he could easily ignore. Focusing his resolve, Tellyrmis unlocked a barrier in his mind (OoC: Concussive Response). A halo of psionic energy ringed his head, the purple light emanating from his eyes as well, though it was tinged red from his fury (OoC: Blood Fury activates).

Trusting Lloyd to handle the goblin, Tellyrmis barked an insane laugh, the hallmark of his race, and thrust his weapon at the wight. Channeling his power through the blade, he withdrew his weapon and struck again, arcing it back and around, bringing it in counter-clockwise sweep into the wight. As the blade hit, concussive energy shot out from him, sweeping past the wight and knocking the nearby goblin further away.

All the while, Tellyrmis's barking laughter grew more hysterical.

Action BlockActions:
Minor - Draw Potion of Resistance
Move - Drink Potion of Resistance
Feature - Blood Fury
Free - Concussive Response
Standard - Wrenching Claw vs W1: : [roll=Damage]2d4+1d6+6 (choosing not to slide the wight)
Action Point - Concussive Spike vs W1: : [roll=Damage]2d4+1d6+6 (pushing SG from U6 to Q4)
Saving Throw - Ongoing Necrotic Damage: [roll2]

Current Status:
HP: 23/58 (Bloodied)
AC: 21 Fort: 17 Ref:14 Will:18
Passive Perception: 15 Passive Insight: 13
Action Points: 0 (Used)
Ongoing Damage: 5 Necrotic
Resistances: 5 Necrotic
Blood Fury: +2 damage
Concussive Response: +1d6 to unaugmented psionic attacks

Powers and ItemsPotion of Resistance (Necrotic) [Power: Consumable, Minor Action, Drink this potion and spend a healing surge. You do not gain hit points as normal. Instead, gain resist 5 to necrotic damage (only one potion of resistance can be in effect on you at once).]
Blood Fury: While you're bloodied, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls.
Concussive Response [Encounter; Free Action; Requirement: You must be bloodied; Effect: Until the end of your next turn, your unaugmented psionic attacks deal 1d6 extra force damage]
Wrenching Claw
[U]Concussive Spike [Unaugmented, Psionic; Close Blast 3; Target: One creature you can see in blast; Attack: +9 vs AC; Hit: 2d4+1d6+6 force damage. You push each enemy in the blast other than the target 4 squares]

Edit: I guess I'm not taking the ongoing damage anymore. I'm assuming the Wrenching Claw missed, so I'll just attempt to roll damage for Concussive Spike. Forgot you couldn't roll 2 dice in one roll...
2d4+4 + 1d6+2
hmm... see OoC...

RandomAction
2011-12-11, 09:33 PM
Quynn Ebonhand - Human Assassin
Hp: 40/40, AC:21, F:17, R:19, W:16

Seeing Lathian getting clawed by the ghoul, Quynn decides to take the creature eriously. Summons a quick shard of shadow to settle on the undead hobgoblin. His eyes easily can see the flaw in it's defenses. He quickly dismounts the horse and readies his blade for an attack. He swings the weapon two-handed at the ghoul and releases a wave of darkness at it aiming for the vital area show by the shadows.

Shroud G1 (3) - free.
Dismount into Z-9- move.
Attack with Inescapable Blade, invoking all 3 shrouds - standard.
Damage: [roll1] weapon + [roll2] shroud.

Hircine
2011-12-11, 09:47 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Rendered immobile again Lathain attempts to free himself from the ghouls power.

Saving Throw [roll0]

Hircine
2011-12-11, 10:54 PM
HP 35/45, AC 21, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 16

Sensing the battle is going against the party Lathian spins his blade and it begins to sing through the air. Lathian then focuses on his target and takes a precise stab at the zombie hobgoblin's head.

Actions:
Minor - Use Bladesong
Standard - MBA vs G1 Intelligence vs AC [roll0]

Damage:
[roll]1d8+10

Hircine
2011-12-11, 10:56 PM
HP 35/45, AC 21, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 16

Sensing the battle is going against the party Lathian spins his blade and it begins to sing through the air. Lathian then focuses on his target and takes a precise stab at the zombie hobgoblin's head.

Actions:
Minor - Use Bladesong

Damage:
[roll1]

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-12, 08:23 AM
Clearly frustrated at the loss of control in the battle, Kennard swifly heads by Lathian's horse, trying to stroke and calm it with some mumbled words, but he doesn't stay. Instead he continues past and towards Myra's position to get a better view of the whole battlefield.

Eyeing the Hobgoblin Ghoul that had been harrassing Arianna, Kennard gyrates his hands in a peculiar fashion until a giant icy duplicate of his left hand appears beside the undead, and attacks it.

OOC:

Move - to AF10
Free - Talk to and rub Lathian's horse as I pass it
Standard - Bigby's Icy Grasp

Conjured in AJ11
Attacking target Hobgoblin Ghoul G2
Attack Int vs Reflex - [roll0]
Hit - [roll1] Cold Damage and target is grabbed.
Escapes attempts are against Kennard's Reflex defence.

shaddy_24
2011-12-13, 12:27 AM
Round 2:

Myra: Myra turns as Shin rides up to her, shouting wildly, and she runs to the other side of the horse with a clump of energy in her hand, tossing it towards the ghoul in the bushes. The ghoul starts as the blast of energy washes over it and Myra fades from its view (Myra hits).

Myra:
Getting closer, Myra can make out more details. The ghouls appears to be wearing the remaints of grey and black robes, with what appears to be the symbol of the Raven Queen across the front.

Arianna: Recovering her breath and balance in the moment she has while the ghoul reals, Arianna grips her sword and swings it into the ghoul right as it lunges back towards her. The sword smashes into its chest as it lunges back forward, tearing its remaining armour off and throwing it backwards again (Arianna rolls 22 vs. AC with Holy Strike, dealing 20 damage after radiant vulnerability. Rolls a 20 on the saving throw vs. Immobilize). She then shifts her horse further down, away from the goblin (shifts to AK12-AL13).

Tellyrmis: Tellyrmis gritted his teeth in pain as a cold fire shot through him from the wound in his side. Thinking quickly, and reacting even faster, the warrior reached into a satchel on his side and withdrew a small, black potion. Bringing it to his mouth and breaking the seal in one smooth motion, he downed the bottle. Immediately the necrotic energy seemed to lessen to a low pulse - one he could easily ignore. Focusing his resolve, Tellyrmis unlocked a barrier in his mind. A halo of psionic energy ringed his head, the purple light emanating from his eyes as well, though it was tinged red from his fury

Trusting Lloyd to handle the goblin, Tellyrmis barked an insane laugh, the hallmark of his race, and thrust his weapon at the wight. It avoids the blow yet again, pushing the glaive up as the gnoll stabbed forward. Channeling his power through the blade, he withdrew his weapon and struck again, arcing it back and around, bringing it in counter-clockwise sweep into the wight. It dodges the blade itself, but a concussive energy shot out from Tellyrmis, catching the wight in the burst, sending it reeling. The wave sweeps past the wight and knocking the nearby goblin further away where it crashed into the bushes (hit, 12 damage).

All the while, Tellyrmis's barking laughter grew more hysterical.

His horse meanwhile, slowed by the attack of the goblin, lashes out towards the wight, but misses.

Round 3 Begins:

Kennard: Clearly frustrated at the loss of control in the battle, Kennard swifly heads by Lathian's horse, trying to stroke and calm it with some mumbled words, but he doesn't stay. Instead he continues past and towards Myra's position to get a better view of the whole battlefield.

Eyeing the Hobgoblin Ghoul that had been harrassing Arianna, Kennard gyrates his hands in a peculiar fashion until a giant icy duplicate of his left hand appears beside the undead, and attacks it. The ghoul, still reeling from Arianna's attack, is caught up by the icy hand, flesh frozen and cracked by the bitter cold (G2 is hit and grabbed, takes 16 damage and is bloodied).

Lathian: Sensing the battle is going against the party Lathian spins his blade and it begins to sing through the air. Lathian then focuses on his target and takes a precise stab at the zombie hobgoblin's head. It ducks low however, and avoids the attack.

His horse, calmed down slightly by Kennard's passing, wanders a touch further from the fight, stopping by the rock nearby.

Quynn: Seeing Lathian getting clawed by the ghoul, Quynn decides to take the creature eriously. Summons a quick shard of shadow to settle on the undead hobgoblin. His eyes easily can see the flaw in it's defenses. He quickly dismounts the horse and readies his blade for an attack. He swings the weapon two-handed at the ghoul and releases a wave of darkness at it aiming for the vital area show by the shadows. The ghoul avoids most of the wave, but the observations Quynn has been making up to this attack allow him to still cut the creature, staggering it further (miss with the attack: 2 shrouds still hit for 8 damage).

Enemies: The wight wounded by Tellyrmis attempts to retaliate, staggering forward again after his attack and claws at the gnoll. It swings wildly as it recovers, allowing Tellyrmis to easily avoid the attack (W1 rolls 20 vs. AC). The other, still drawn towards Tellyrmis, circles wide around Lloyd's horse and the bard himself to close in on the battlemind. It rushes into position, though it can't attack yet (W2 has to double move to get adjacent to Tellyrmis without provoking opportunity attacks. Fails save against Saga of Rivalry again).

The ghoul in the bushes snarls and lashes out at the horse next to it, smashing it in the leg (rolls 22 vs. AC, 8 damage and horse is immobilized (save ends). It then dodges further back into the bushes again, drawing a viscious kick in the side (horse rolls 21 vs. AC for 7 damage), but disappears out of sight (Perception check of 27 to find).

Once again, the ghostly figure fails to reappear. On what is most definitely an unrelated note, Shin suddenly shrieks and begins shivering. "cold!"

Initiative:
27: Kennard; move, summon Bigby's Icy Hand & grab G2 for 16 cold damage
25: Lathian; miss G1
24: Quynn; dismount, miss G1 but deal 8 damage from shrouds
20: W1; missed Tellyrmis.
F: attacked Myra's horse for 8 damage, fled into bushes
16: Lloyd: missed W1, healed Lathian for 15 hp and 4 temp hp, dismounted
12: Shin: directed horse over towards F, failed charisma check to make it attack
G2: critical fail on attack roll vs. Arianna
Myra: move, curse F (1 damage) and hit for 9 more
7: Arianna: hit G2 for 20 damage, shift
4: Tellyrmis: miss W1, action point and hit for 12 damage & push SG

Lloyd's action is up.

Status

Enemies:
W1: W6, -12 hp marked by Tellyrmis
W2: Y8, -13 hp, affected by Saga of Rivalry
F: hidden, last known location AK3, -7 hp, DC 27 Perception check to see, cursed by Myra
R1: X9, -7 hp
R2: AQ7
G1: AA5, -39 hp, bloodied
G2: AJ12, -46 hp, bloodied, marked by Arianna, cursed by Myra, grabbed by Icy Hand
SG: S4, U10, U11, AL10

Allies:
Kennard: AF10
Icy Hand: AJ11
Lathian: AB6, 34/45
Horse: AF14-AG15, 46/58
Quynn: Z8, 40/40 (I moved him to Z8 so that G1 would be within range of Inescapable Blade)
Lloyd: X8, 43/43
Horse: V9-W10, 40/58, slowed
Myra: AH6, 32/32
Horse: AI7-AJ8, 50/58, -2 all defenses
Arianna: AK12-AL13, 36/45
Horse: AK12-AL13, 52/58
Tellyrmis: X7, 28/58, bloodied
Horse: V7-W8, 67/79, slowed
Shin: AI7-AJ8, 35/35, -2 all defenses

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound3Mid1.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound3Mid1.jpg)

Stripedshadow
2011-12-13, 06:54 PM
Lloyd Ingram, (Human) Prescient Bard
HP: 43/43 AC: 16 Fort: 14 Ref: 16 Will: 19

"This is going far from well...." he uttered, turning his attention towards Tellyrmis and giving him some light encouragement; "This is only a test of the undeads' mettle...!". He shifted away from his most recent assailant and then aims his deadly bow at the target directly in front of him, unafraid of the lashing attacks that came at him as he aimed.

Minor Action: Heals Tellyrmis for 17 hitpoints (and 6 temporary).

Move Action: Shifts to Y-8

Standard Action: Jinx Shot on W2. (Yes I take an opportunity attack)
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Once again, having Virtue of Prescience ready in the case of the reappearance of the Spectre and his subsequent attack.

Stripedshadow
2011-12-13, 06:59 PM

"This is going far from well...." he uttered, turning his attention towards Tellyrmis and giving him some light encouragement; "This is only a test of the undeads' mettle...!". He shifted away from his most recent assailant and then aims his deadly bow at the target directly in front of him, unafraid of the lashing attacks that came at him as he aimed.

Minor Action: Heals Tellyrmis for 17 hitpoints (and 6 temporary).

Move Action: Shifts to Y-8

Standard Action: Jinx Shot on W2. (Yes I take an opportunity attack)
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Once again, having Virtue of Prescience ready in the case of the reappearance of the Spectre and his subsequent attack.

shaddy_24
2011-12-13, 08:05 PM
Encounter in the Rocks Round 3:

Lloyd: "This is going far from well...." he uttered, turning his attention towards Tellyrmis and giving him some light encouragement; "This is only a test of the undeads' mettle...!". He shifted away from his most recent assailant and then aims his deadly bow at the target directly in front of him, unafraid of the lashing attacks that came at him as he aimed. Both attacks strike true. The wight lands a glancing blow on Lloyd's arm, dealing little direct damage but draining him significantly. His aim holds true though, and the arrow hits the undead in the chest, spinning it off balance for a second. It recovers quickly though, and Lloyd sees his shot failed to punch completely through its flesh (hit, 10 damage. wight rolls 29 on its opportunity attack, dealing 4 damage and weakening Lloyd (save ends). I didn't weaken the provoking attack, as I figure they happen simultaneously, so effects don't take place yet).

Once again, the horses surprise, Lloyd's lashing out and killing one of the assaulting goblins (rolls 22 vs. AC, SG at U10 killed).

Shin: The goblin tries to get the horse to move, though it's been paralyzed by the ghoul's attack. Glancing warily at the bushes where it disappeared, he crouches low, ready for trouble (full defense).

Enemies: The goblin behind Tellyrmis frowns as it can't reach a flanking position. It lunges forward towards the gnoll anyway, confident that it can hit even without the flank. This time however, it is unsuccessful, Tellyrmis avoiding its claws even while pressed by the wights (another 20 against Tellyrmis). The one on the rock displays impressive speed, sprinting around to finally engage the group. It moves around behind Arianna when she's paying attention to the ghoul and claws towards her leg (19 vs. AC for 12 necrotic damage and 5 ongoing necrotic), then dodges back out of her reach.

The wounded ghoul next to Lathian growls in frustration as he throws off the paralysis again, and it claws towards him (23 vs. AC for 16 damage and immobilization). The other ghoul makes every attempt to escape (fails first attempts with an 11 vs. 17, second attempt is 19, escapes and shifts), scrambling away as it manages to tear itself out of the frozen grip.

The smaller ghouls continue to swarm the horses, apparently ignorant to the losses they've faced (25 vs. Lloyd's horse, 6 damage. 12 vs. Tellyrmis', miss. 28 vs. Arianna's, 6 damage. Lloyd and Arianna's horses are slowed).

Initiative:
27: Kennard; move, summon Bigby's Icy Hand & grab G2 for 16 cold damage
25: Lathian; miss G1
24: Quynn; dismount, miss G1 but deal 8 damage from shrouds
F: attacked Myra's horse for 8 damage, fled into bushes
16: Lloyd: moved, hit W2 for 10 damage, healed Tellyrmis for 17 hp and 6 temp hp
12: Shin: full defense
9: R1: moved, missed Tellyrmis
R2: moved, hit Arianna for 12 damage and 5 ongoing, shifted
G2: spent all actions to escape grab
Myra: move, curse F (1 damage) and hit for 9 more
7: Arianna: hit G2 for 20 damage, shift
4: Tellyrmis: miss W1, action point and hit for 12 damage & push SG

Myra, Arianna, Tellyrmis, Kennard, Lathian and Quynn can declare actions.

Status

Enemies:
W2: Y8, -23 hp, affected by Saga of Rivalry and Jinx Shot
F: hidden, last known location AK3, -7 hp, DC 27 Perception check to see, cursed by Myra
R1: X8, -7 hp
R2: AO12
G1: AA5, -39 hp, bloodied
G2: AJ13, -46 hp, bloodied, marked by Arianna, cursed by Myra
SG: U7, U11, AL11

Allies:
Kennard: AF10
Icy Hand: AJ11
Lathian: AB6, 18/45, Immobilized (save ends), bloodied
Quynn: Z8, 40/40
Lloyd: Y7, 43/43
Horse: V9-W10, 34/58, slowed
Myra: AH6, 32/32
Horse: AI7-AJ8, 50/58, -2 all defenses
Arianna: AK12-AL13, 24/45, ongoing 5 necrotic damage
Horse: AK12-AL13, 48/58, slowed
Tellyrmis: X7, 40/58, 6 temp hp
Horse: V7-W8, 67/79
Shin: AI7-AJ8, 35/35, -2 all defenses

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound3Mid2.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound3Mid2.jpg)

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-13, 11:40 PM
Using well-practiced powers of concentration, Kennard managed to stabilize the existence of the icy hand through the struggle with the ghoul. He directs it to follow the surprise attacker. Though the goblin is fast, Kennard manages to dog it with the icy hand. The hand lunges..

Moving with expert proficiency and drawing from his inner reserves of power, Kennard points at one of the enemies and whips off another spell, an icy bolt.

OOC:

Minor Action - Sustain Bigby's Icy Hand
Move Action - Move the Icy Hand six squares, around SG, to AN11 which is adjacent to R2.
Standard Action -
Attack R2 with the hand, though I'm not sure if the "Hit" or "Sustain" damage applies, so I'll roll both.
Attack: [roll0]
If Hit - Cold Damage [roll1] and victim is grabbed
If Sustain - Cold Damage [roll2]

Free Action - Spending an Action Point to gain another attack action
IF Arianna BOTH hits and drops G2, then Kennard will "Ray of Frost" enemy R1 at X8.

If Arianna EITHER does not hit enemy G2 or does not drop it, then the "Ray of Frost" will be directed at G2.

Ray of Frost -
Attack: [roll3]
Hit: Cold Damage [roll4] and the victim is slowed (speed=2) until the end of my next turn.

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-13, 11:59 PM
<OOC> I'm going to add some yelling.

Shin, Myra. I suggest you move into the middle of the group! Arianna and I should be okay against the remaining sneaks, and we need to be working together against our foes or we're lost!

spitflame341
2011-12-14, 02:24 AM
As Lloyd healed him, Tellyrmis seemed to come to his senses, though in truth they had never left. The barking laughter subsided, and both the purple psionic energy and the blood red glow left his visage. Seeing the other wight, the gnoll swapped his weapon to his left hand and reached out, slashing at the creature with his claws, and augmenting it with a massive rush of psionic energy that manifested as a harrying pack of hyenas.

Action BlockActions:
Minor - Battlemind's Demand on W2
Move - None
Standard - Wrenching Claw vs W2 (Augment 2): [roll0]: [roll1] (Slide W2 from Y8 -> Z7 -> Y6 -> X6)

Current Status:
HP: 40/58 (Bloodied) Temp HP: 6
AC: 21 Fort: 17 Ref:14 Will:18
Passive Perception: 15 Passive Insight: 13
Action Points: 0 (Used)
Resistances: 5 Necrotic

Powers and ItemsBattlemind's Demand [At-Will, Psionic; Minor Action, Close Burst 3; Target: Once creature in burst; Effect: You mark the target until you use this power again or until the end of the encounter]
Wrenching Claw [Augment 2, Force, Psionic, Weapon (Claws); Melee Reach 3; Target: One creature; Attack: Con vs AC; Hit: 2d6 + 4 force damage, and you slide the target 3 squares to a square adjacent to you]

Creed
2011-12-14, 04:07 PM
Myra

The eladrin woman nods at Kennard, dashing off towards the fray, prepping another burst of magic to attack the foes with. She stops once she passes one of the horses, then begins invading the mind of the goblin next to Tellyrmis, causing it to dash away from the fray.

Move to AB10
Attacks R1 with Curse of the Dark Dream
To hit: [roll0]

If it hits:
Slide R1 to X11
Sustain Minor to Slide R1 to W12

RandomAction
2011-12-15, 10:44 PM
Quynn

Summoning another shard of darkness to settle upon the hobgoblin ghoul revealing another chink in it's armor. The assassin spins around the wight to flank it with Lloyd. He then adjusts his grip on his blade before spitting upon the edge. Slowly the weapon begins to glow a purplish hue. Smiling wickedly, he attacks the wight.

Sorry for my lack of activity, but I have been out of town and without internet access.

Free action to Shroud the hobgoblin ghoul.
Shift to Y-9.
Attack with Daily Power (Heart of Dust) - standard.
Damage:[roll1] and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends). Whenever the target takes this ongoing damage, each enemy within 2 squares of it takes 5 poison damage.
Miss: Half damage, and each enemy within 2 squares of the target takes 3 poison damage.

Hircine
2011-12-16, 03:02 AM
HP 29/45, AC 21, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 16 SU 1/8

Lathian feeling that the fight is going against him snatches a potion from his belt. In a swift motion he pops the cork and downs the liquid in one gulp. He then launches the empty vial at the ghoul before following it up with a slash from his blade.

Actions:
Minor - Draw Potion of Healing
Minor - Drink Potion of Healing

Damage:
[roll1]

shaddy_24
2011-12-18, 11:59 AM
Round 3:

Myra: Moving closer to the main fight, Myra drives a spike into the goblin's mind, sending it fleeing around behind Lloyd's horse and away from the others. (Attack hits, 19 damage)

Arianna: Calling out a prayer to Bahamut, Arianna infuses her blade with divine power and strikes out at the ghoul again. Distracted while breaking free from the hand, it's caught off guard and the blow decapitates it, sending the body crashing to the ground (Arianna rolls 22 vs. the ghouls AC with Radient Smite, dealing 21 damage after vulnerability and killing the ghoul. Uses Inspiring Word to recover 15 hp. Saved vs. ongoing damage).

Tellyrmis: Lashing out with his claws, Tellyrmis catches the nearby wight with his psionic powers and drags it around Lloyd and Quynn until it nearly crashes into the other wight adjacent to him. Bloody slashes are torn accross its shoulder by the assault (27 hits, 16 damage and the wight is bloodied. You forgot to include pack attack in the damage).

Round 4:

Kennard: Seeing that the ghoul is dead, he directs his summoned hand to move around to the goblin and grab it. The goblin tries to avoid the hand, but is caught up and frozen by the hand (25 vs. reflex: hit and the goblin is grabbed). Turning around, he then sends a burst of cold energy at the other goblin, coating it in a thin layer of ice. It shieks and begins thrashing about to free itself, its skin tearing and bleeding as it does so (17 hits fortitude, 13 damage and R1 is bloodied and slowed).

Lathian: The bladesinger quickly gulps down a healing potion, then hurdles the bottle at the ghoul, following up with his sword. The bottle is casually batted away, which leaves the ghoul open to the sword strike, stabbing through its shoulder and blasting it backwards, staggering it again (30 hits AC, 18 damage). The undead stumbles as it barely keeps its feet, unable to take much more abuse.

Quynn: Quynn, seeing the ghoul blasted outside his reach, turns on the nearby wight, sending a shadow blade towards it. The agile undead dodges the attack though.

Enemies: One wight continues to attack Tellyrmis, but is once again foiled by the battlemind's canny defenses (W1 rolls 19 vs. AC; miss). The other, wounded, attempts to flee, suffering attacks from Tellyrmis and his horse, both of which hit. Tellyrmis nicks it with his glaive, but his horse lands a viscious blow right in its back, nearly breaking its spine. It staggers from the assault, but continues to flee, running through the bushes and past Lathians opponant (Tellyrmis rolls 20 on the attack of opportunity, and deals 6 damage, his horse rolls a natural 20 and deals 12 damage).

Kennard feels a sudden, horrible chill, and the specter reappears behind him, lashing out with an attack. The chilling blow would surely have landed, if not for Lloyd suddenly calling out a warning and imparting a touch of magic into Kennard, boosting his reflexes just enough to avoid the hit (Sp reappears behind Kennard, giving him a -2 penalty to all defenses and rolling 17 against his new Reflex of 15. Lloyd uses Virtue of Prescience, boosing Kennard's Reflex up to 18 and making the attack miss).

The human ghoul does not reappear.

Quynn can declair a new action, and Lloyd can declair his actions.

Initiative:
27: Kennard; Icy Hand moves and attacks R2 for 16 damage and grab, use Ray of Frost on R1 for 13 damage and slow
25: Lathian; use Potion of Healing, hit G1 for 14 damage
24: Quynn;
W2: flees, taking 19 damage from attacks of opportunity
Sp: attacked Kennard, missed due to Virtue of Prescience from Lloyd
F: hidden
16: Lloyd: moved, hit W2 for 10 damage, healed Tellyrmis for 17 hp and 6 temp hp
12: Shin: full defense
9: R1: moved, missed Tellyrmis
R2: moved, hit Arianna for 12 damage and 5 ongoing, shifted
G2: spent all actions to escape grab
Myra: move, hit R1 for 19 damage and slide
7: Arianna: hit G2 for 21 damage, killed
4: Tellyrmis: hit W2 for 16 damage and slide

Status

Enemies:
W2: off top of map, -48 hp
Sp: AG10, all adjacent enemies take -2 to all defenses
R1: W12, -39 hp, slowed, bloodied
R2: AO12, -16 hp, grabbed
G1: AA5, -57 hp, bloodied
G2: AJ13, -67 hp, dead
SG: U7, U11, AL11

Allies:
Kennard: AF10, -2 to all defenses
Icy Hand: AN11, grabbing R2
Lathian: AB6, 29/45
Quynn: Z8, 40/40
Lloyd: Y7, 43/43
Horse: V9-W10, 34/58, slowed
Myra: AB10, 32/32
Horse: AI7-AJ8, 50/58
Arianna: AK12-AL13, 34/45
Horse: AK12-AL13, 48/58, slowed
Horse: V7-W8, 67/79
Shin: AI7-AJ8, 35/35

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound4Mid1.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound4Mid1.jpg)

Stripedshadow
2011-12-18, 01:45 PM

"Peg him! Now! Before it's too late!" Lloyd says, turning his attention towards the Specter. He whips around, his bow ready, firing his bow, a sign of what's to come.

Prophesied Strike
Attack Roll: [roll0] vs AC
Damage Roll: [roll1] (so 6 damage)

Next time an ally attacks it, roll two d20s and use either result (if it hits).

Stripedshadow
2011-12-18, 02:01 PM
Saving Throw:
[roll0]

Hircine
2011-12-18, 08:13 PM
OOC: I forgot to trigger my bladespell.

As Lathian strikes the ghoul he motions with his free hand sending an invisible burst of force to shove his foe back.

Actions:
Trigger Unseen Hand on G1 - it takes [4] damage and I will slide it to AA 2.

RandomAction
2011-12-18, 08:38 PM
Quynn

Summoning another shard of darkness to settle upon the hobgoblin ghoul revealing another chink in it's armor. The assassin spins around the wight to flank it with Lloyd. He then adjusts his grip on his blade before spitting upon the edge. Slowly the weapon begins to glow a purplish hue. Smiling wickedly, he attacks the wight.

Sorry for my lack of activity, but I have been out of town and without internet access.

Free action to Shroud the hobgoblin ghoul.
Shift to Y-9.
Attack with Daily Power (Heart of Dust) - standard.
Damage:[roll1] and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends). Whenever the target takes this ongoing damage, each enemy within 2 squares of it takes 5 poison damage.
Miss: Half damage, and each enemy within 2 squares of the target takes 3 poison damage.

Quynn moes past Lloyd to threaten the nearby wight.

Move to X-6
Keep the same actins other than the move and attack the wight in Y-6.
Use the same rolls, but with a -2 for the loss of flanking.

shaddy_24
2011-12-19, 06:28 PM
Round 4

Lloyd: Turning on the finally reappearing specter, Lloyd fires an arrow. His aim remains true, even if the attack from the wight weakened his pull, so the arrow barely touches it, but that is still enough for the spell to take affect. Any who attack the specter will find their attacks drawn towards it as if the attack had already been made (attack hits, but after weakened and incorporial only does 3 damage. All attacks made against the specter before the end of Lloyd's next turn can be rolled twice and whichever result prefered taken).

Shin: Finding the horse still unmoving, the goblin bails off and lands next to the specter. The cowering, terrified figure before seems to be gone, as he flails about towards the specter, screaming insults at it. While he does no damage, he does draw it's attention and give Kennard an opening (Shin dismounts and uses Aid Another, rolling 9 and 23 vs. AC 10, giving Kennard a +2 bonus with his next attack roll). The horse choses this moment to throw off the ghoul's immobilization.

Enemies: The various wounded enemies around the map seem to take stock of their situation. The slowed goblin begins struggling to get away from the combat, retreating towards the rocks. The goblin in the Icy Hand manages to break free quickly and moves away from the hand. Realizing the only ally it has on this side of the field is a single goblin ghoul, it sprints towards the rocks, dodging behind cover. Meanwhile, the remaining hobgoblin ghoul begins limping away from the battlefield, snarling one last time at Lathian as it goes. The small ghouls suddenly seem to notice that they're alone, and begin acting more cautiously lashing out one final time before begining a cautious retreat (28 vs. Tellyrmis' horse, 26 vs. Lloyd's and 23 vs. Arianna's. All three horses take 6 damage and are slowed, and all goblin ghouls shift away and begin circling the fight).

Initiative:
27: Kennard; Icy Hand moves and attacks R2 for 16 damage and grab, use Ray of Frost on R1 for 13 damage and slow
25: Lathian; use Potion of Healing, hit G1 for 14 damage
24: Quynn;
W2: flees, taking 19 damage from attacks of opportunity
Sp: attacked Kennard, missed due to Virtue of Prescience from Lloyd
F: hidden
16: Lloyd: hit specter for 3 damage with Prophosized Strike
12: Shin: Aid Another on specter, bonus to Kennard
9: R1: slowed, moved 2 squares away from fight
R2: rolled 23 Acrobatics to escape hand, moved away from fight
G1: fled battlefield
G2: still dead
SG: attacked various horses for damage and slow, began moving away from fight
Myra: move, hit R1 for 19 damage and slide
7: Arianna: hit G2 for 21 damage, killed
4: Tellyrmis: hit W2 for 16 damage and slide

Everyone except Lloyd can declair actions.

Status

Enemies:
W2: off top of map, -48 hp, bloodied
Sp: AG10, -3 hp, subject to Prophosized Strike, all adjacent enemies take -2 to all defenses
R1: U13, -39 hp, slowed, bloodied
R2: AM19, -16 hp
G1: off top of map, -57 hp, bloodied
SG: V13, X12, AM3

Allies:
Kennard: AF10, -2 to all defenses, +2 to attack specter
Icy Hand: AN11
Lathian: AB6, 29/45
Horse: AF14 -AG15, 46/58
Quynn: Y8, 40/40
Lloyd: Y7, 39/43, weakened (save ends)
Horse: V9-W10, 28/58, slowed, bloodied
Horse: AK12-AL13, 42/58, slowed
Horse: V7-W8, 61/79
Shin: AH9, 35/35

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound4Mid2.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound4Mid2.jpg)

rpgZenMaster
2011-12-19, 07:37 PM
Responding to Lloyd's shout, Kennard focuses his attention on the spectre. With a glint in his eye and a wave of his arms, a burst of thunder emanates from his crystal.

Kennard brings up the Icy Hand from behind, intending to trap the spectre between a rock and a hard place (or in this case, a crash and an icy place).

Minor: Maintain Icy Hand

Standard: - Thunderwave
Attack: Best of [roll0] and [roll1]
(+2 from Shin's aid)
Close Blast 3; AG10 - AI12
Hit: Thunder Damage [roll2] and push all victims 2 (WisMod) squares.

Move: Move Icy Hand to AJ10, behind the Spectre if the Thunderwave hits. (Otherwise AH11)

RandomAction
2011-12-20, 09:42 PM
Quynn

The assassin stares at the wight in front of him. He knows that if it touches him that he is in trouble. Calling upon the shadows to guide his blade, a small figment drifts up to cover the wight. Takng a deep breath to focus on his rangerly training, Quynn summons a small ebon tornado to cover his blade. With a grim look he attacks the wight.

Move to X-6. Map wasn't updated with my last move so adding this to be safe.
Free - Assassin's Shroud on W1. 1st
Minor to designate W1 as quarry.
Attack with Shadow Storm, invoking shroud and usingHunter's Quarry ability. - standard.
Damage, weapon: [roll1]. Shroud: [roll2], Quarry: [roll3]

Hope the dice roll well. - Free?

Hircine
2011-12-22, 03:17 AM

Seeing his cowardly foe run Lathian moves to assist Kennard. Upon reaching the spectral figure he lashes out with his blade.

Actions:
Move to AG 9.
Standard - MBA vs SP Intelligence vs AC
[roll0] [roll1]

Damage:

[roll2]

Creed
2011-12-22, 10:45 PM
Myra

Myra turns and blasts a goblin with blue-grey energy.

Minor to curse SG in X12
Standard to attack with Eldrich Blast
To hit: [roll0]

horngeek
2011-12-23, 12:39 AM
Arianna raises Bahamut's Storm, holy flames running along the blade, before they shoot out towards the spectral figure.

Using Sacred Flame on the spectral figure.

Attack roll: [roll0]

And I think Kennard could do with an extra saving throw, but I'm not sure. :smallconfused:

shaddy_24
2011-12-26, 01:10 PM
Round 4

Myra: Myra drops her curse on the nearby goblin, and is somewhat surprised when it is simply torn apart by the effect of her rod (SG takes 1 damage from Rod of Reaving, dies), and so redirects her attack towards the specter behind her. The attack lances at it, directed by Lloyd's magic, but it manages to slide out of the way (extra roll was 14, both attacks miss).

Arianna: Turning on her slowed horse, Arianna raises her sword and channels Bahamut's power through it. The attack almost misses, but the specter's dodge takes it right into the path and it hits. The attack does little damage itself, but the radient energy seems to affect the specter in an unusual way. It's shape seems to solidify, it's features become clear. Rather than a grey shape, it appears as a floating human male, wearing black and grey robes which bear the symbol of the Raven Queen (extra attack is an 18, hits. 3 radient damage and specter loses incorporiality, meaning it takes full damage from all attacks until the end of Arianna's next turn).

Tellyrmis: Lashing out with his glaive again, the battlemind calls upon his psychic powers, tearing a hole in reality and appearing behind the wight as his attack tears into it. "Quynn! Move over and flank it!" (Tellyrmis uses World-Slipping Advance, Augmented twice. Hits with 25 and deals 11 damage before teleporting behind the wight).

Round 5

Kennard: Calling his summon towards him, Kennard blasts the specter with a crash of thunder, impacting on its solid form and sending it flying backwards (17 hits Fortitude, 11 damage).

Lathian: running towards the specter, Lathian lashes out with his sword, finding something solid to cut with his attack. While no blood flows from it, it looks like Lathian almost cut it in half (26 hits, 6 damage. Specter is bloodied).

Quynn: Quynn moves forward to take advantage of the flanking opportunity and draws upon all of his training. The agile creature is unable to avoid this time, and Quynn stabs his sword straight through the creature and sideways, tearing a chunk out of its side and leaving it staggered (with flanking Quynn's attack hits, dealing 21 damage to the wight with the shroud and hunter's quarry. The wight is bloodied).

Enemies: The wight, surrounded on all sides, tries to attack Tellyrmis again and push its way out towards safety. Its flailing attacks fail to punch past the experienced adventurer's defenses, and he easily pushes it back towards the assassin (W1 rolls 13 vs. Tellyrmis' AC).

The specter, badly injured and lacking its incorporial defense, draws back and suddenly screams. Lathian, Kennard and Shin are all caught in its focus, and all feel fear clawing at the back of their minds. Kennard manages to resist it and continue facing the specter, but Lathian and Shin are overcome by fear and sprint away from the undead for a few steps. Lathian crashes into Kennard and and is knocked off balance, tumbling to the ground, catching Shin with his arm as he does so (specter uses Spectral Scream against Kennard, Lathian and Shin. Rolls 11, 17 and 12 vs. Will, hitting Lathian for 5 psychic damage and Shin for 8, pushed 3 squares and knocked prone).

At this, the last ghoul leaps over the rocks behind which it had moved and sprints forward, tackling the unprepared Kennard. He's knocked to the ground and the ghoul laches onto him and begins trying to tear him apart (F moves from hiding and attacks Kennard, rolling 23 vs. AC, dealing 11 damage, knocking Kennard prone and grabbing him. Kennard cannot stand until he escapes the grab and he takes a -2 penalty to do so).

Initiative:
27: Kennard; Thunderwave on specter for 11 damage
25: Lathian; moves, hit Sp for 6 damage
24: Quynn; flanks W1, hits for 21 damage
W2: fled battlefield
Sp: Spectral Scream, hits Lathian for 5 damage, Shin for 8 and pushed both and knocked prone
F: attacked Kennard from hiding, dealing 11 damage, knocking him prone and grabbing him
16: Lloyd: hit specter for 3 damage with Prophosized Strike
12: Shin: Aid Another on specter, bonus to Kennard
9: R1: slowed, moved 2 squares away from fight
R2: rolled 23 Acrobatics to escape hand, moved away from fight
G1: fled battlefield
G2: still dead
SG: attacked various horses for damage and slow, began moving away from fight
Myra: killed SG by cursing it, missed specter
7: Arianna: hit specter for 3 damage and removed incorporial
4: Tellyrmis: hit W2 for 11 damage and teleport

Lloyd can declair his action

Status

Enemies:
W1: W6, -44 hp marked by Tellyrmis, bloodied
W2: off top of map, -48 hp, bloodied
Sp: AI10, -23 hp, subject to Prophosized Strike, bloodied, all adjacent enemies take -2 to all defenses
F: AF9, -7 hp, cursed by Myra
R1: U13, -39 hp, slowed, bloodied
R2: AM19, -16 hp
G1: off top of map, -57 hp, bloodied
SG: V13, AM3

Allies:
Kennard: AF10, -11 hp, prone, grabbed by F, cannot stand until escape grab, -2 to escape attempts
Icy Hand: AJ10
Lathian: AE10, 24/45, prone
Horse: AF14 -AG15, 46/58
Quynn: X6, 40/40
Lloyd: Y7, 39/43, weakened (save ends)
Horse: V9-W10, 28/58, bloodied
Horse: AK12-AL13, 42/58
Horse: V7-W8, 61/79
Shin: AE9, 27/35, prone

Map:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound5Mid1.jpg (http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc435/shaddy_24/RocksRound5Mid1.jpg)

shaddy_24
2012-01-05, 08:16 PM
Encounter In The Rocks End:

The party had turned the tide of the battle, and it swept towards its forgone conclusion. One of the goblins, seeking to return to the fight, is cut off and destroyed by Arianna as she moves in on the specter. Myra, seeing an opportunity while its incorporiality is faded, lances it through with an eldritch blast and is satisfied to see it desintigrate and fade away, howling at you as it goes. Tellyrmis and Quynn finish off the wight they have hemmed in between them, and the final ghoul, suddenly alone and surrounded, is quickly crushed by the combined might of the party. As everyone catches their breath and survays the field, you get a final good view of what attacked you; the specter and the final ghoul had been human at one point, and both appeared to wear grey and black robes bearing the symbol of the Raven Queen over the heart. The rest of the attackers were hobgoblins or goblins, and many of them lay scattered about the battleground. A single hobgoblin ghoul, a wight, one of the goblins and one of the goblin ghouls had successfully fled. The rest lay scattered about.

Battle Complete. Level 6 Encounter, 275 XP each.

As you clean up and prepare to move on, you notice that Shin has moved away from you and is huddling near one of the rocks, looking at you very nervously.

horngeek
2012-01-07, 02:26 AM
Arianna

Arianna sighs as she sees the marks of the Raven Queen on the bodies. "Does anyone know the last rites for followers of the Raven Queen? We should probably expect more of the same as we go towards the temple...

Anyone need healing? I'll take care of that if someone will go to reassure Shin."

Hircine
2012-01-07, 05:29 PM

Breathing heavily Lathian picks himself up from the ground favoring his right arm. "Healing would be most appreciated. Though I hope our rest period is short as I am worried of another attack."

Creed
2012-01-08, 10:25 PM
Myra

The eladrin warlock takes a deep breath, and she reassures her control over the spirit inside of her, attaching her rod back to her belt.
I, being the only one capable of speaking his tongue, will converse with the goblin.
I require no healing at this time.
Myra smiles and walks over to Shin.
In goblin:
Are you wounded, Shin? There is no need to worry, we are safe again now.

spitflame341
2012-01-14, 12:19 PM
Tellyrmis - Gnoll Battlemind/Cleric

"A pity. I know not the last rights specific to the Raven Queens followers, but I will say a quick prayer none the less." Tellyrmis knelt, facing east to his homeland. Softly, and in his own tongue, he said a quick prayer for the dead. When he was finished, he stood again and turned to Arianna. "I would benefit from some small healing, though I am hardly the worst off here. Attend to the others first, and if you can spare a prayer for me after, I would appreciate it." After that, the battlemind began the meditative process of wiping clean his weapon.

shaddy_24
2012-01-15, 05:33 PM
Quynn wipes off his blade as he walks over to answer Arianna's question, "The Queen has no specific rituals for the dead. The important aspect of a person, their soul, has passed on, leaving only an empty husk. The body is usually destroyed, to prevent it raising in undeath, unless requested otherwise by family or friends. Do as you will with him."

Myra moves over at attempts to comfort Shin. He seems very calm as he replies in goblin.
Goblin
"I am fine. Not hurt." He looks up at Myra nervously. "You are not mad?"

Creed
2012-01-17, 07:24 PM
Myra

The eladrin smiles at Shin and replies in Goblin.
Angry? Me? Of course I'm not! You were just scared, is all. It's fine, really.

shaddy_24
2012-01-18, 10:53 PM
Shin looks up at Myra, and anyone paying attention to the conversation can see a very resigned look in his eyes.

Goblin
"You do not see yet? The body of a human, wearing the robes of your mystics, dead and walking with dead goblins?" He points towards the scattered bodies of the goblins your group is ignoring."Humans and goblins, dead together. You are not angry?"

rpgZenMaster
2012-01-19, 08:06 PM
With a half smile, Kennard says Anyone willing to let us non-Goblinspeakers in on the conversation, or is it private?

Dusting himself off, and with a bigger smile than he's given thus far into the expedition, he continues That didn't go too badly.

Hircine
2012-01-23, 04:54 AM
Lathian Maldranthe

"I believe we were very fortunate to emerge relatively unscathed. Though I wonder why those goblins were fighting alongside the undead?"

Creed
2012-01-29, 11:23 PM
Myra

Shin is worried that we are... displeased with goblin dead falling among these human dead.

She returns to goblin:

Why would I be upset, Shin?

shaddy_24
2012-01-30, 08:25 PM
Lloyd moves over to the goblin slain by Arianna and examines it closely. "I thought so. Look closely, the goblins were not alive to begin with. More undead creatures, with a slight illusion of life. Probably better used for luring people in by feigning injury."

Quynn begins to pay further attention at Myra's words. "I think I'm beginning to see what the goblin is getting at..." he holds his sword out and says, "Speak, goblin. In a tongue we will all understand."

Shin stares at Myra and begins speaking in common. "you not see. goblin dead and human dead together. died at same time, begin walking together. goblins destroy human camp, place where mystics live. i help destroy mystics. you did not see." He curls up again, having resigned himself to whatever the group decides.

Quynn raises his sword. "I thought so. Can't trust these creatures. We should kill it and move on."

shaddy_24
2012-03-07, 07:35 PM
Shin's comment and Quynn's respons shock the group into silence for what feels like weeks, but in reality was probably only a minute. Without a word to each other, everyone packs up and prepares to move out. Despite his threat, Quynn does not approach Shin; perhaps he realized that even after that information, there were those in the group who were not convinced the goblin needed to be killed.

Horses are gathered, straps are tightened and bandages are used where needed. The group is only a short distance from the monestary now; you should be able to make it an hour or so before nightfall. The news that the monestary has been wiped out does not deter anyone yet, there could be survivors of the raid, someone who'd escaped the fight and was lost in the wilderness with hostile undead, and for a few, the knowledge of one who someone back in Therinsford would want to know the fate of. There was also the question on who this elf was, and what their connection was to this whole thing.

The group sets out in silence, arranging themselves much as they had before, keeping a wary eye out for the escaped undead and whatever others might be hiding out there.

Creed
2012-03-07, 08:40 PM
Myra

The eladrin woman's gaze wanders off the road, coming to rest on the back of Quynn's head, wanting nothing more than to send a shard of magic ricocheting through the back of his insolent skull.

Hircine
2012-03-07, 09:40 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

The eladrin grumbles quietly under his breath as all the time he spends wasting time with problems in Therrinsford the longer his quarry will have to move on. He diligently scans the environs to ensure another attack by the undead doesn't catch them off guard.

Perception Roll:
[roll0]

spitflame341
2012-03-07, 10:56 PM
Tellyrmis rode at the back of the party, acting as rear guard. He didn't say much, but kept a wary eye, and nose, out for trouble

Perception:
[roll0]
And +5 more for scents ;)

shaddy_24
2012-03-14, 06:20 PM
The next three quarters of an hour are covered in wary silence, until the monestary comes into view ahead of you. Those of you with the best eyes can pick out immediately the signs of battle; doors and windows have been destroyed, the gardens and meditation areas outside the building have been trampled and destroyed, and the remains of a few bodies still lie about the place. Lloyd choses this moment to speak up.

"I think we should probably turn back and report this to Sandra. Between what Shin told us and what we can see, I think we can report back what happened. As well, I don't like the idea of storming a building that may be filled with undead and that elf Shin spoke of."

horngeek
2012-03-14, 06:24 PM
Arianna frowns at Lloyd's comment. "...and if there are survivors? They might be dead by the time that people get back with support."

spitflame341
2012-03-14, 07:01 PM
"I agree with Arianna. If there are any survivors, it will be unlikely that they will survive long enough for us to go back, convince the council to send support, and then return." Tellyrmis scrutinized the ruin before him, attempting to learn anything he could about what had happened.

Perception check to see how old the wreckage looks, signs of anything recent, and if anything smells off - aside from the dead bodies.
[roll0] (+5 more for smell)

Creed
2012-03-14, 07:08 PM
Myra

Myra sighs.
As much as I desire to return and request aid, I too, realize the haste our mission requires. Whatever the outcome, we must push onward.

Hircine
2012-03-15, 05:27 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

"We've already come all the way out here. No sense in leaving before we investigate."

shaddy_24
2012-03-25, 01:03 PM
Lloyd hesitates at the responses to his suggestion. It's obvious that he doesn't want to push forward, but he seems uncomfortable with going against the group. Quynn moves next to him and speaks up, "I feel we should return as well. The goblin said that everyone was killed, and I don't doubt the savage nature of such creatures to do so. Any survivors would be well outside the area by now, so storming the place won't help."

Kennard moves over close to Tellyrmis and whispers to him.
"If those two leave, I may go with them. Someone should be there to help Sandra when she learns of what has happened, and I wouldn't trust either of those two to be very supportive or understanding"

spitflame341
2012-03-26, 07:43 AM
Tellyrmis

The gnoll regarded his friend thoughtfully, then whispered back.
"That may not be a bad idea, my friend. Sandra will need some comfort, for I do fear the worst."
Aloud, Tellyrmis spoke, "I would then propose that we split up. The four of us would like to at least scout out the monastery, and it would be prudent to have someone alert Therrinsford as soon as possible. Kennard - you Lloyd and Quynn should head back to town and alert Sandra and the council to the events that have occurred here, while Arianna, Myra, Lathian and I will stay and see the extent of what has happened. Hopefully, there will be at least one or two survivors..."

horngeek
2012-03-26, 08:10 AM
Arianna nods at that suggestion. "The four of us should be able to at least investigate, so I agree as well."

Hircine
2012-03-26, 01:52 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

The eladrin looks to the monastery, wondering what horrors await them within. His right hand rests uneasily on his scabbard. "I am certain we should easily be able to handle a simple reconnaissance mission."

Creed
2012-03-26, 08:03 PM
Myra

Myra nods,
Sounds good.

shaddy_24
2012-03-26, 10:54 PM
Lloyd collects his horses reigns silently as the rest of the group agrees to the split. Quynn glares at Shin, saying "Watch that one closely. It cannot mean anything but danger to you." Kennard nods to Tellyrmis as he moves away again. Stay safe friend. I don't think Sandra would be happy to hear her friend has fallen." He keeps his eyes fixed on Tellyrmis as he says this, before turning to gather with the other two. The groups split with little more said between them, four members readying to move on the monastery, while the other three turn back to the path they took to arrive.

horngeek
2012-03-30, 01:58 AM
Arianna

Arianna sighs at Quynn's statement, and turns to the others. "All right. Let's go, everyone."

Ascy
2012-03-30, 01:56 PM
Davion

As the mighty heroes are just about to move towards the monastery, they pick up a strange noise, like.. music.
And indeed, just a couple of seconds later, the first words of a song can be heard, moving closer, accompanied by a lute playing.

".. on the coouuuurt.
And whenever Lord Hugo had one of his fiiiits..
His lady becalmed him with her big soft... "
The last notes of the song come to a screeching halt along with the voice, as a curious looking half-elf comes into sight of the adventurers.
"Huh!"
Clad in colorful clothing, bordering on the ridiculous, the black-haired figure makes a cautious step towards the armed group, before bowing in a wide, dramatic motion.

"My lords - and especially my ladies!", he adds with a look towards the female adventurers,
"May I introduce myself. I am Davion Dawnsong, bard extraordinaire, and on my way to the monastery of the Lady of Winter's followers. I assure you, I intend no harm if you don't either."

With a quick look towards the obviously raided building, he raises his right brow a bit, and mumbles:
"Well. So much about that."

Creed
2012-03-30, 09:25 PM
I thought we had gotten rid of all the weirdos...

Myra sighs.

horngeek
2012-03-30, 09:30 PM
Arianna sends a look at Myra, before smiling at Davion. "Pleased to meet you, Davion. I'm Arianna."

spitflame341
2012-03-31, 12:37 PM
Tellyrmis

"An honor, I'm sure," the gnoll said, not impolitely.

Ascy
2012-04-02, 02:22 PM
Davion

The half-elf looks slightly confused about the mixed reception. Although he presence of a civilized gnoll might be a factor in this, too.

"The pleasure is all mine, fair lady.", he answers with a smile.
Pointing towards the monastery, he continues:
"Could someone explain to me what happened here? I was on my way to talk to the brothers about rumors concerning mysterious sightings in this region."

Hircine
2012-04-06, 01:05 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

The eladrin gives a momentary glance of indifference to the newcomer before returning his attention to the monastery.

"If were finished with the meet and greet we really should check out what's going on inside."

shaddy_24
2012-04-09, 08:48 PM
Introductions go around as the group, with its new member, closes in on the building. The building looks to be two stories tall, with stone walls and a flat roof. The grounds around it were once gardens and a few training areas, though they've been trampled and burned. Getting within about a hundred and fifty feet of the building, the bodies become clearer. About a dozen or so bodies lie about near the entrance; mostly goblin in size, though a few larger bodies are visible among them.

Passive Perception 20
There's some movement in one of the windows of the second story. It's too far to tell anything about them.

spitflame341
2012-04-10, 11:33 AM
As they approached the building, Tellyrmis saw the bodies. "Looks like the monks put up a decent fight. We may find survivors after all..." His words trailed off as he looked around*, his military mind forming quick plans. "Stealth isn't really going to be an option for this group, I don't think. Not for Arianna or myself at least. I'll take the lead. Lathian, if you'll accompany me I believe we will make a strong front line. Arianna, would you follow us and guard our rear? Myra, you and Davion should stay between us - if we run into another fight, I'd rather you two were not caught up in the melee." The gnoll then paused, waiting for assent or disagreement from the others.

*GM Only
Perception to see if any of the bodies resemble Carlose [roll0]
Possible +5 to smell if any of them smell like Sandra (might be reaching, but would use his nose to discern if any body smells a little familiar).

Ascy
2012-04-12, 12:54 PM
Davion

"Well, I'm okay with staying in the second rank. That is, if you allow me to accompany you. I'd like to find out more about this destruction, too. After all, this looks like an exciting story to tell."
, the half-elf adds with a smirk.

Hircine
2012-04-12, 09:42 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

Lathian moves closer to inspect the bodies of the deceased in an attempt at discerning how they died. He then turns to Tellyrmis as he speaks.

"I have no complaints.", he answers rather flatly.

Perception Roll:
[roll0]

shaddy_24
2012-04-18, 01:28 PM
As the group moves within 60 feet of the building, more details come into view. Out of 12 bodies, 6 are goblin, 2 are hobgoblin and 4 are human. Gardens to either side are trampled and burned, though the fires have long since been extinguished. Tellyrmis can tell by the smell that the bodies have been dead for some time, nearly a week.

Tellyrmis only:
You can't quite be sure at this distance, but you don't think Carlose is among the human bodies.

Lathian however catches movements in one of the windows to the right of the building.

Map. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtSIgrPE9zeTdEliR2x3N3JzaHhUVEdiTDAtSHQ5U lE)

Please place yourselves within the light blue starting zone, and roll initiative. It may become important very soon. Anyone should be able to edit the map.

horngeek
2012-04-18, 02:31 PM
Arianna frowns, looking around at the bodies. "...well. Everyone, be on guard. I'll take front."

She makes her way to the front of the group.

Initiative check: [roll0]

Hircine
2012-04-18, 04:46 PM
Lathian Maldranthe

While inspecting the bodies of the deceased he catches movement from one of the upper levels of the monastery. Quickly getting back to his feet he points to the window where he saw the figure.

"I am fairly certain I saw something move in one of those windows. I am obviously unsure whether whoever or whatever was there is a friend or a foe, but I am certain we will now be unable to catch our enemies off guard."

Initiative Roll:
1d20+6

Hircine
2012-04-18, 05:31 PM
Initiative Roll:
[roll0]

spitflame341
2012-04-19, 11:46 AM
Tellyrmis stoically readied his halberd, prepared for whatever creatures that might pop out at them.

Initiative: [roll0]

Ascy
2012-04-19, 12:44 PM
Davion takes his position in the middle of the group, cautiously watching the entrance of the ruined monastery. He covers his nose with a dark purple piece of cloth, clearly disgusted by the stench of the bodies.

[roll0]

Creed
2012-04-24, 07:11 PM
Myra glances around and draws her rod, feeling power begin to flow into her.

Initiative:
[roll0]

shaddy_24
2012-04-27, 11:37 AM
Outside the Monastery

As Lathian warns the party of movement inside the building, the bodies lying about outside suddenly begin moving. Shambling to their feet, you suddenly find yourselves facing a dozen zombies, all turning towards you.

Initiative:
Lathian: 17
Arianna: 10
Enemies: 10
Davion: 9
Tellyrmis: 8
Myra: 6

Updated Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtSIgrPE9zeTdEliR2x3N3JzaHhUVEdiTDAtSHQ5U lE)

OOC:
If any of you would like to, you can play Shin as a companion character. If not, I'll control him again. He'll act on your initiative, and use the following stats:
Shin, Goblin Skullcleaver, Level 4 Striker
Initiative +4 Senses: perception +4; low-light vision
HP: 40, Bloodied 20, Healing Surge 10; 7 surges/day
AC: 19, Fort 17, Ref 17, Will 17
Speed 5
Standard Actions:
Attack: (weapon)
+7 vs. AC; 1[W]+5 damage, or 2[W]+5 while bloodied
Triggered Actions:
Goblin Tactics:
Trigger: When missed by a melee attack
Effect (immediate reaction): Shin shifts 1 square
Other Actions:
Bloodied Rage: while bloodied, Shin loses the ability to use Goblin Tactics and can do nothing but attack the nearest enemy, charging whenever possible.

Stealth +10, Thievery +10
Str: 19 Dex: 15 Wis: 14
Con: 14 Int: 9 Cha: 9
Alignment: Unaligned Languages: Common, Goblin
Equipment: Chainmail

Hircine
2012-04-27, 03:53 PM
Lathian will delay until after the enemies turn.

shaddy_24
2012-05-03, 07:49 PM
Arianna and Lathin both hold actions to prepare for the zombies' actions.

The goblin zombies each ready a shortbow and fire on the front row of the party. Two aim for Lathian, one for Arianna and three for Tellyrmis. ((24 and 27 vs. Lathian, 28 vs. Arianna, 20, 21 and 24 vs. Tellyrmis. Any hits deal 6 damage)).

The rest of the zombies begin swarming towards the party. The hobgoblins both move forward and charge Lathian and Arianna ((26 vs. Lathian, 11 damage and marked; 19 vs. Arianna, 11 damage and marked)). They draw towards each other, locking shields as they may have done in life. The humans shamble forward, but can't cover the distance fast enough to make attacks.

Initiative
Lathian: 17
Arianna: 10
Enemies: 10
Davion: 9
Tellyrmis: 8
Myra: 6

Updated Map. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtSIgrPE9zeTdEliR2x3N3JzaHhUVEdiTDAtSHQ5U lE)

Everyone can take their actions.

Ascy
2012-05-06, 03:48 PM
Davion

Shocked, the bard takes a sharp breath as he sees the undead creatures rising and moving closer.
"What did I get myself into?", he mutters under his breath. He makes a subtle gesture with his right hand, instinctively trying to manipulate his enemy into targeting someone else.

Standard Action: Hypnotism vs. Hobgoblin 2
[roll0]
On Hit: The target uses a free action to make a melee basic attack against Hobgoblin 1 with a +4 power bonus to the attack roll.