PDA

View Full Version : [OWoD Vampire] Character help

Project_Mayhem
2011-11-20, 10:08 PM
So I'm about to start playing in a Vampire game. I haven't played for a while, and I'm not so hot on the rules. We're using the V20 edition, modified slightly in some places.

My ST likes the fae a lot so I decided to gen a Kiasyd - that's a Lasombra bloodline thats been touched by the faeries somewhat.

Name: Edmund Barrie
Clan: Kiasyd
Generation: 10th
Demeanour: Scholar
Nature: Scholar

Attributes:

Strength: ••
Dexterity: ••
Stamina: ••

Charisma: ••
Manipulation: ••••
Appearance: •••

Perception: •••
Intelligence: •••••
Wits: ••

Skills:

Alertness: ••
Athletics:
Awareness:
Brawl:
Empathy: •
Expression:
Intimidation: ••
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge

Animal Ken:
Crafts: •••
Drive:
Etiquette: •••
Firearms:
Larceny:
Melee: •••
Performance: ••
Stealth: ••
Survival:

Academics: •••
Computer: •
Finance:
Investigation: ••
Law:
Medicine:
Occult: •••• (Abyss)
Politics:
Science:
Technology:

Disciplines:

Dominate:
Mytherceria: •
Obtenebration: •••

Devotions:

Backgrounds:

Allies: •
Alternate Identity:
Contacts:
Domain: •
Fame:
Generation: •••
Herd:
Influence:
Mentor: ••
Resources: ••
Retainers: •

Virtues:

Conscience: •
Self-Control: •••••
Courage: ••••

Humanity: ••••• •
Willpower: ••••• •••

Merits:

Eidetic Memory +2
Magic Resistance +2
Faerie Affinity +2
Light Sleeper +2

Flaws:

Eerie Presence -2
Phobia (Bread) -2
Curse (Cannot directly lie) -4

Basically, I'm just checking that build's not got any glaring obvious weaknesses or anything. He has 1 more merit dot than he should. That's fine. The ST's using a houserule where we can chose our appearance score, but get 1 dot less in that attribute group. Also, we start as 10th gen for free, but can't improve that pre game.

He's supposed to be an awkward intellectual, who got embraced because of his polite demeanour and occult interest. He owns a bookshop, managed in the day by a devoted ghoul, and co-habits with a very damaged vision-magnet Malkavian girl.

I'm still working on the background, as the ST hasn't quite finished the setting yet, so any questions or ideas people have would be appreciated

comicshorse
2011-11-20, 10:48 PM
I think Conscience of 1 may be a mistake, unless you are planning a fast drop into monsterdom.

Couple of questions :why has a shy book-keeper got Intimidate and Performance and melee ?

How do you plan for him to feed ?

And you can't lie ! In a Vampire game ! I salute your courage

Also I have to ask how did your character gain a Phobia for bread ?

Is he Sabbat ? (I think the Kiasyd were mostly Sabbat)

Project_Mayhem
2011-11-21, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback! in order:

I'm not too happy with conscience 1, but I'm thinking it represents the alien thought process of the fae, an angle I'm going to play up. I might speak to my ST about being on a modified path or something.

Skill-wise, Intimidate is through being 7 feet tall, glowing, with black bug eyes. Kind of unsettling :smalltongue:. Performance and melee were both picked up at uni - music and fencing respectively. His sire was impressed by such 'classical' skills, which in part led to his embrace. In general, he was less awkward before his embrace.

Feeding, I'm a bit vague about until I get given more info on the setting, but I'm thinking his ghoul helps him. He's got a live-in house guest Malkavian who could help too. Feeding isn't going to be easy though until he learns dominate, true.

I'll address the next two together - they are both classical fairy weaknesses. According to a bit of research, apparently bread is supposed to scare off the elves and such. I was originally going to take church bells, but I thought it would be too hilarious to take this one instead. The lying is technical lying - he can legalese around it and omit truths - he just can't straight out lie. I know its going to be hard, but hopefully also awesome.

As for sect, I'm leaning towards independent, and nominally aligned to whoever is talking to him at the time. What little I know of the game premise has us living in a smallish, mostly unaligned city between a Camarilla stronghold and a Sabbat one. I got the impression the other PCs all wanted to play the factions off against each other and stay independent, which should be fun. At the moment, we've got a Native American/ Hawaiian mercenary Assimite warrior, a creepy doctor/scientist Tzimisce, and an up front, unashamed, magnificent bastard Settite.

comicshorse
2011-11-29, 09:50 PM
Skill-wise, Intimidate is through being 7 feet tall, glowing, with black bug eyes. Kind of unsettling :smalltongue:. Performance and melee were both picked up at uni - music and fencing respectively. His sire was impressed by such 'classical' skills, which in part led to his embrace. In general, he was less awkward before his embrace.

That makes sense and fits nicely with your background

Feeding, I'm a bit vague about until I get given more info on the setting, but I'm thinking his ghoul helps him. He's got a live-in house guest Malkavian who could help too. Feeding isn't going to be easy though until he learns dominate, true.

This is the biggest problem for the character IMHO. Your character is shy so the Seduction method of feeding is out, you don't have the Disciplines to mug prey or the skills for the Sandman method.
I'd suggest maybe putting a couple of dots in the Herd merit and maybe stealing a trick from the Giovanni and having a morgue owner as an ally for a contstant supply of disgusting blood.

I'll address the next two together - they are both classical fairy weaknesses. According to a bit of research, apparently bread is supposed to scare off the elves and such. I was originally going to take church bells, but I thought it would be too hilarious to take this one instead.

I'd heard of the Church Bells but the bread is genuinely a new one on me. Though in a similair vein I once played a Kue-jin with a phobia of ( and who took aggravated damage from) Sticky rice. :smallsmile:

At the moment, we've got a Native American/ Hawaiian mercenary Assimite warrior, a creepy doctor/scientist Tzimisce, and an up front, unashamed, magnificent bastard Settite.

Sounds an intresting group but better watch your back

Project_Mayhem
2011-11-30, 06:39 AM
It's Vampire the Masquerade. One *always* watches one's back :smallbiggrin: