PDA

View Full Version : Question about thread necromacy

The-Mage-King
2011-11-21, 02:52 AM
Right. I have a handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205030) that I've finally managed to get the time to finish, and I'm wondering if the rule about homebrew (OP may bring it back with new content) also applies to handbooks. Any firm ruling on that?

Zherog
2011-11-21, 12:01 PM
I would recommend sending a PM to the mods of the forum and ask them directly. You can find the list at the bottom of the forum, but for easy reference in this specific case, the list is: Grey Watcher, Vaynor, The Glyphstone, averagejoe, Mark Hall.

Be polite (obviously), and explain why you'd like to be granted an exception to the necro rule.

Even if they say no, though, restarting it in a new thread with "ver 2.0" or similar in the title isn't the worst case scenario.

Good luck!

The-Mage-King
2011-11-21, 06:36 PM
I had actually thought about doing that, but figured getting a firm ruling on it for future handbooks might be a good idea, too. You know?

Zherog
2011-11-21, 06:38 PM
I think it's going to be a case-by-case thing, given how the rule is currently written. *shrug*

Zeb The Troll
2011-11-22, 03:37 AM
I wouldn't expect to get a blanket exemption to the rules for something like this. I am not going to speak for the admins, but I can imagine several reasons not to grant such an exemption for this kind of low density discussion type. If your contention is that this should be regarded as homebrew, is there any reason this thread shouldn't be in the homebrew section and therefore subject to the existing exemption?

An alternative to the PM option (which is always valid) is to report the thread and explain your intent in the report.