PDA

View Full Version : Floating Feat Fighter

Tvtyrant
2011-11-21, 01:56 PM
I was thinking about the fighter and its ability to be replaced by the spell Heroics, when I realized that a fighter needs to have all of its fighter feats be floating feats that it resets everyday! There are so many stupid feat trees that are never seen in play because they are only useful in a particular circumstance (I am looking at you Whirlwind Attack and Two Weapon Rend) that having locked feats makes no sense for a class that is only about the feats.

So my basic question is how much more fun would a fighter be if they could change their bonus feats everyday?

Flickerdart
2011-11-21, 02:06 PM
It's one of the suggested fixes. The problem is, while this lets a Fighter be good at all fighting styles, there are so few useful Fighter feats that you're always either tripping, Dungeoncrashing, charging or dying. In order to make Fighter better, you need to let him do stuff that isn't fighting.

Tvtyrant
2011-11-21, 02:07 PM
It's one of the suggested fixes. The problem is, while this lets a Fighter be good at all fighting styles, there are so few useful Fighter feats that you're always either tripping, Dungeoncrashing, charging or dying. In order to make Fighter better, you need to let him do stuff that isn't fighting.

Give him access to none fighter feats? There are a number of feats that grant maneuvers, binding, and low level spells.

Flickerdart
2011-11-21, 02:12 PM
But then you still don't gain anything that another class wouldn't have. By the nature of how 3.5 works, having the binding of a 5th level Binder, the spells of a 5th level Wizard and the maneuvers of a 5th level Warblade are not as good as being a 10th level Binder, Wizard or Warblade. So you're still better off playing a different class.