PDA

View Full Version : Question about spell traps in my campaign

JoeYounger
2011-11-21, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, in the campaign I'm running I've decided I'm going to take a protip from Tippy and start using some spell traps.

My party has just recently fallen in love with a small trading outpost and we've decided to make it our base of operations. In doing so we've started fortifying it, and we're building it into a proper town, and eventually we'd like for it to get up to a real city. Being a pathfinder cleric, and having craft wonderous items I'm able to make any spell trap that I want, and I've been trying to think of beneficial spell traps I could set up for our citizens.

So far I have:

-Cure Minor
-Mending
-Create food and water
-Neutralize Poison

As I get a few more levels I plan on picking up

-Sending
-Heroes feast (to replace the Create food and water)
-Heal (to replace Cure Minor)
-Control Weather

Any ideas of other spells that I could set up that would make life easier and make this more of an attractive town for people to come live in?

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-21, 04:46 PM
Why would you need to replace the Cure Minor Wounds trap? Assuming it's self-resetting, all the Heal trap saves you is time, and it's a whole lot more expensive.

Psyren
2011-11-21, 04:49 PM
Why would you need to replace the Cure Minor Wounds trap? Assuming it's self-resetting, all the Heal trap saves you is time, and it's a whole lot more expensive.

Keep in mind though that there are some really nasty maladies that only Heal (or Miracle/Wish) can fix, such as a ceremorphosis in progress. HP isn't all it does.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-11-21, 05:33 PM
Restoration, Lesser, Regular, or Greater as your funds allow, would be good for traveling adventurers other than yourself. Heck, its good for your party too.

Rubik
2011-11-21, 08:05 PM
Heroism is pretty nice. Good for boosting skill checks for shopkeeps and such, as well as adventurers, sick people trying to throw off disease and/or poison, and a number of other things.