PDA

View Full Version : Divine version of Arcane Trickster(or...)

Dazed&Confused
2011-11-21, 09:52 PM
I've been looking for a way of mixing Initiate of Mystra with a dual-wielding rogue and Divine Strength to get loads and loads of damage. The rogue is coming at level 9, so I don't have so many options, but it can work a little already, if I do it right. So, is there a PrC that gives you 1/2 sneak attacks and divine spellcasting progression?

Or... A sneak attack + arcane spell progression PrC with a lighter spellcasting prerequisite (3rd level spells mean really low sneaks) could also work, using Arcane Strike instead of Divine Strength, actually could really deal some nice damage. Plus Arcane Disciple could make up for some divine spells aswell and Improved Familiar could save me some rounds with UMD, so... might be the better option if anyone knows any class with those lighter prerequisites.

I just wanna show a friend of mine that rogues can deal a sh1tload of damage if you mix them with casters while also being a little to a lot more resilient, to prove that rogues don't need help from the DM to be good. Since I can't take Leadership, this is the only way I could think of, mixing stuff.

Draz74
2011-11-21, 10:03 PM
I believe Shadowbane Stalker (CAdv) is generally considered the best non-homebrew PrC for mixing divine casting with sneak attacking. In 10 levels, it gives you 8/10 casting and +3d6 sneak attack. Can be entered with only one level of Cleric or Paladin. Requires being Lawful Good, which I believe is still compatible with Mystra worship.

On the arcane side, Unseen Seer (CM) is certainly what you're looking for. 10/10 casting, +4d6 sneak attack, and requires only 1st-level arcane spells to get into. And lets you learn Hunter's Eye (PHB2), a spell that is normally Ranger-only and gives you additional sneak attack dice.

Mando Knight
2011-11-21, 10:12 PM
If you literally want a Divine version of Arcane Trickster, the Giant himself wrote one up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9623145&postcount=7) a few years ago. You'll have to ask the DM if he's OK with homebrew, since this technically is such. Homebrew by a guy who also wrote some official 3.5 material, but homebrew nonetheless.

Dazed&Confused
2011-11-21, 10:47 PM
I believe Shadowbane Stalker (CAdv) is generally considered the best non-homebrew PrC for mixing divine casting with sneak attacking. In 10 levels, it gives you 8/10 casting and +3d6 sneak attack. Can be entered with only one level of Cleric or Paladin. Requires being Lawful Good, which I believe is still compatible with Mystra worship.

On the arcane side, Unseen Seer (CM) is certainly what you're looking for. 10/10 casting, +4d6 sneak attack, and requires only 1st-level arcane spells to get into. And lets you learn Hunter's Eye (PHB2), a spell that is normally Ranger-only and gives you additional sneak attack dice.

Lawful Good is kinda meh, so I'm just dropping divine. Unseen Seer is awesome, but I'd need Still Spell or something, since I'm intending to dual-wield and Hunter's Eye has somatic components. Anyway, really great, already knew the class but completely forgot about it. Ty.

If you literally want a Divine version of Arcane Trickster, the Giant himself wrote one up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9623145&postcount=7) a few years ago. You'll have to ask the DM if he's OK with homebrew, since this technically is such. Homebrew by a guy who also wrote some official 3.5 material, but homebrew nonetheless.

He'd chop my head off for even suggesting homebrew. He has this weird thing in his mind telling him non-translated books (we're brazilians) are already "crazy", which is ridiculous; PGtF is translated and it has Incantatrix, in both our minds the most OP wizard class in the game(it's stupid how good it is with Leadership), but nothing makes him change his mind... :smallbiggrin:

CMage isn't translated but I don't wanna use the char, just wanna show him how good it can get. Unless he allows it for some miracle, then the dude joining in the next sessions is gonna be happy, he wants a rogue - that's when the discussion began btw.