PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls: Dungeons and Dragons (WIP, PEACH)

Vrythas
2011-11-22, 12:01 AM
Alright,

this thread was created in response to my narrowing of another one of my homebrewing threads (found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222956)). the idea is that i thought it would be cool to make an elderscrolls game for D&D. what my last thread was supposed to be doing, was making Morrowind into a D&D 4e campaign setting. what started happening was a TES game based loosely on 4e D&D rules. so this thread is for the progress i am making concerning a Morrowind table-top game, based off of the 4e rule mechanics. expect lots of adjusting. so to start off, i'm going to post material applicable to this thread, that i posted in my other thread. One more thing. please, please, PLEASE don't talk about Skyrim. i really don't want any aspect of it spoiled for me. i will play it in about 60 days. and then you can mention it. thanks for putting up with my eccentricities :smallbiggrin:.

General Info

regarding magic in Morrowind: i thought that it would be a good idea to break up the Arcana skill from 4e, into Arcana(school of magic from Morrowind) (e.g. Arcana(Destruction)). when a person creates a character, they select their major and minor skills, and depending on various factors, would have a set amount of Magicka (i'm coming up with a conversion chart for skills and what a D&D 4e equivalent would be. e.g. speechcraft would give a bonus to the diplomacy skill). when a spell is cast, the player has to make an Arcana() check to see if they successfully cast the spell. the spell being cast would have a DC that would need to be overcome, as well a magicka cost. likewise, certain spells would only be available after the player is a certain level or higher. thus you have the (somewhat) random chance of failure, as well as a means of making sure the player can't just spam a particular spell.

for the armorer skill, i was thinking something along the lines of, whenever a character takes a critical hit, a die rolled to determine how much the armor is damaged (appropriate to the armor's material, and out of 100). after reaching 75/100, the armor would lose 1 AC bonus, at 50/100 it would lose another, at 25/100 it would lose anther, and at 0/100, the item wouldn't provide any bonus. something like that.

for block, i am still thinking about what i could do... there are some ideas in my old thread, to help get people thinking.

Skill Info

what i have made, is a table with all the skills from Morrowind (organized by specialization) and a D&D equivalent. please note that when i refer to points i am talking about this: i've come up with an idea for leveling. whenever a character levels up (obtaining a certain amount of XP), they can spend a certain number of points improving various skills. when they first make their character, they can choose 5 major skills - which will start with 4 points already invested in them - and 5 minor skills - which will start with 2 points already invested. any distinction between major and minor skills beyond that, i have yet to come up with. anyways, without further ado, the table:

{table=head]{colsp=2}Stealth|{colsp=2}Magic|{colsp=2}Combat
Skill|D&D Equivalent|Skill|D&D Equivalent|Skill|D&D Equivalent
Acrobatics | +1 to Acrobatics for every 2 points | Alchemy | Gain Brew Potion Ritual; reduce cost of components by 2 gp per 2 points | Armorer | Still figuring out
Hand to Hand | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points, and +1 to damage for every 4 points when unarmed | Alteration | +1 for every 2 points for Arcana(Alteration) | Athletics | +1 for every 2 points for Athletics
Light Armor | Gain training with Hide and Leather armor (after first point, +1 to AC when wearing hide or leather armor for every 2 points) | Conjuration | +1 for every 2 points for Arcana(Conjuration) | Axe | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points, and +1 damage for every 4 points when using an axe
Marksman | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points, and +1 damage for every 4 points when using ranged weapons | Destruction | +1 for every 2 points for Arcana(Destruction) | Block | Still figuring out
Mercantile | +1 to diplomacy checks for every 2 points (only applicable when dealing with merchants) | Enchant | Add "Enchant to skill list; +1 for every 2 points | Blunt Weapon | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points, and +1 damage for every 4 points when using clubs, maces etc.
Security | +1 to thievery for every 2 points | Illusion | +1 for every 2 points for Arcana(Illusion) | Heavy Armor | Gain training with scale armor and plate armor (after first point, +1 to AC when wearing heavy armor for every 2 points)
Short Blade | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points and +1 to damage for every 4 points when using light blades | Mysticism | +1 for every 2 points for Arcana(Mysticism) | Long Blade | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points, and +1 damage for every 4 points when using long blades
Sneak | +1 to stealth for every 2 points | Restoration | +1 for every 2 points for Arcana(Restoration) | Medium Armor | Gain training with chainmail (after first point, +1 to AC for every 2 points when wearing chainmail)
Speechcraft | +1 to diplomacy for every 2 points (not applicable when dealing with merchants) | Unarmored | +1 for every 2 points to AC when wearing cloth armor | Spear | +1 to attack rolls for every 2 points, and +1 damage for every 4 points when wielding a polearm
[/table]

Monsters

I am not posting any of the monster stat blocks that i have made, because they are in need of revision. however, if you would like to review what i have made, feel free to visit my old thread, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222956).

so yeah. that's all the stuff i have so far. let me know what you think i should work on next.

Vrythas.