PDA

View Full Version : Poseidon's favorite weapon.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-22, 12:28 PM
Trident

Can be thrown, se against a charge, and not awful in melee. Nice flavour, but is there anyway to make them a viable primary weapon choice other than flavour? I know of the Trident/Net combo, but I find hat the feats are a little, I dunno, they're not much of anything really. Thoughts and Experience?

Darrin
2011-11-22, 12:34 PM
I know of the Trident/Net combo, but I find hat the feats are a little, I dunno, they're not much of anything really. Thoughts and Experience?

Net & Trident Style is great for scouts and swift hunters: 5' step, throw net, 5' step (activate SKIRMISH), full attack with trident.

Diarmuid
2011-11-22, 12:35 PM
What do you mean when you say "viable"? Are you looking for ways to optimizer them? Pretty much any tactic used for any 1H weapon should be viable.

silver spectre
2011-11-22, 12:40 PM
Trident

Can be thrown, se against a charge, and not awful in melee. Nice flavour, but is there anyway to make them a viable primary weapon choice other than flavour? I know of the Trident/Net combo, but I find hat the feats are a little, I dunno, they're not much of anything really. Thoughts and Experience?

In real life the trident was often used when hunting large animals to keep a charging animal from reaching the hunter when it was impaled on the fork, but I think the D&D version only reflects the gladiatorial variant.

Diarmuid
2011-11-22, 12:46 PM
I think the whole "can be set to receive a charge" reflects that homage to the intended use quite well.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-22, 12:48 PM
Net & Trident Style is great for scouts and swift hunters: 5' step, throw net, 5' step (activate SKIRMISH), full attack with trident.
Not to mention you have an excuse to look like aretiarius Gladiator.