PDA

View Full Version : Running a witch hunt

Heliomance
2011-11-22, 02:55 PM
I don't know if any of the players for my upcoming Candles In The Dark game are on these forums, but if you are, stop reading now.

About to start a new campaign, and wanting some help with a memorable first session. The game starts out in a small underground village. Tech level is low, and day to day life is mostly about survival - think the beginning of Gurren Lagann. Society is very magic intolerant. Unfortunately for them, the PCs are manifesting magical powers. I've got two starting to show signs of Sorcerer hood, one manifesting divine magic a la Favoured Soul, one displaying a burgeoning talent for Totemist meldshaping, one starting to show powers from the Harrowed homebrew class from these forums, and one as yet undecided. The first session will largely be them being discovered as magical and chased out of the village torches and pitchforks. I'm wondering how best to do this so that they end up as a party, and manage to take enough gear with them to be able to survive.

Traab
2011-11-22, 03:55 PM
Id say, have them be captured, and in the way of stupid npcs everywhere, the jailhouse they keep these people is also where they store the gear they confiscate. So after the inevitable breakout, they go to the armory/warehouse/whatever, and are able to find some decent makeshift gear they can use. Then before they can loot the warehouse to the bedrock they get spotted by an army of villagers who chase them out of town trying to recapture them. They hate magic, so should have ways of blocking it from working, or the players havent had time to prepare any spells yet so they cant just fight it out.

The_Admiral
2011-11-22, 03:59 PM
Watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jt5ibfRzw&feature=channel_video_title)
run it