View Full Version : [Magical Burst] In the Abyss of Reverie

Pages : 1 [2]

Lykan
2012-06-12, 11:57 PM
*crickets*

... It may be time for a scene change. :smalltongue:

smuchmuch
2012-06-13, 06:24 AM
from the 2nd of June to the 14th, I'll be mostly, or even completely, Internet-less

(She did warn. No real point in bumping untill Friday)

Lykan
2012-06-13, 05:15 PM
Ah, whoops. I totally missed that post. .-. My bad.

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-15, 06:21 AM
I'm back~
Posting a reply ASAP. Thank you for your patience. :smallsmile:

Lykan
2012-06-17, 06:34 AM
Welcome back! I'm sorry I've been so slow in response. Gonna try my hand at magic in order to help out the whole "bugs are goddamn everywhere" situation.

[roll0]

EDIT: ... Well, obviously Amaya just isn't supposed to look as cool as Akiko. *shrugs*

AmberVael
2012-06-17, 08:09 AM
Akiko is going to try and give a bit of bite to her radiance, given that the other attempts to specifically deal with the butterflies are not going so well.

[roll0]

AmberVael
2012-06-17, 08:11 AM
Joy for overcharge...

[roll0]

AmberVael
2012-06-17, 08:13 AM
Uh oh. :smalleek:

Gonna make a bunch of rolls this time to hopefully end this overcharge multi posting shenanigans. Taking them in order.

[roll0]

Okay... good. At least it ended there.

Akiko ends up with a total of 28, but now has 2 more fury overcharge.
Girl just can't catch a break.

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-17, 08:48 AM
Okay, in complete honesty, I've read the IC thread first, so when I read your OOC note, I thought "such an effect for a "great success"? Hah, heh, why not, it's not against the rules, I'll allow it, let's see what was that roll..."
Then I saw the roll.
Now, I'm more like "look, with a 28, you could just burn the whole forest down until there's only the youma left, and call it a day". :smalleek:

That's just a joke. I don't actually advise burning down the whole Nightmare. That would be an extremely typical PC plan, but Mai's not fire-proof.

AmberVael
2012-06-17, 09:03 AM
Yeah, Akiko isn't quite that overboard. She's intense, but burning the forest down doesn't seem like a good idea to her. :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2012-06-20, 08:09 PM
Yay for Akiko's worst stat. T-T
Stay Calm: [roll0]

Come on, roll that 12, Akiko. You can do it. I believe in yoooouuu.

Edit: Or... not. Whee.

smuchmuch
2012-06-21, 07:20 AM
[[OOC:
smuchmuch:
Checking... there isn't really something like that in the rule (except perhaps trying to Bond, I guess, as trying to save her constitutes a positive interaction; in that case, the Relationship would use the Magic attribute). So if you don't want to Bond specifically, you don't need to do a Social roll, roleplay will suffice

1)Well I realize it's not in the rules, but the rules are very well... light and they mainly concentrate on magical challenges and overcharge. I think it's on purpose, as it's meant to be a rather light rule game for the rest and lot of it is left to your appreciation.
Which is why in these case I'll turn to your judgment as a DM to ask if something that isn't covered but I feel would make sense to do/happen would be necessary/acceptable. (The way I see it unless it's a 'rocks fall everybody dies without saves', GM judgment trumps rules anytime)

If you wish think of it as something covered by the rules, however, maybe I could add at my turn a 'help roll' or heart sorcery roll to help Mai resist the Youma (if she can.) ?

Also, does that mean you confirm that bonding is still roll dependent? (I'm just asking since the possibility of partly changing that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12824068&postcount=181) was discussed)

JIC, I'll just roll for bonding now, though I feel the actual bonding should probably happen after the battle (even if simply because Mai is probably a bit too busy being a victim to make buddy buddy right now :smalltongue:)

[roll0][roll1]+7= 12

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-21, 08:03 AM
Thanks for asking! Well, my appreciation is that in case of doubt, due to the focus of this game, roleplay trumps rolls. Just roleplay your character trying to motivate Mai, and I'll react accordingly. I suggested the Bond move because saving someone is a good occasion for that (though, like you said, the real bonding will happen afterwards... if Mai survives :smallbiggrin:), and it's the only roll that may influence my decision as to how effective verbal help turns out to be.

As for bonding being roll dependent:

[...] I declare that the cap for getting one charge is 10-13, and two charges, 14+. This is a temporary fix.
It applies retroactively [...].
I haven't had the time to make a chart to replace rolls as advertised, and it is unlikely I manage to finish it before the end of the campaign, so that's what we're doing until I rule otherwise.

(By the way, I do remember promising you portraits of your characters. I haven't forgotten, I've just got a lot of RL stuff to do, including other drawings that have higher priority. Apologies if the art was a big incentive for you to join, it will be finished, I just don't know when.)

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-21, 08:14 AM
Gah! I've had it, must double post to show the first one, apologies. :smallmad:
Okay, huh, now, I need content to make up for it. Oh, I know, useless facts about the youma:
- Its name is Anteros, for the butterfly-winged Greek god of unrequited love, brother of Eros.
- When it parasites someone, it causes symptoms related to neurological problems, like headaches, loss of consciousness, spasms, vertigo, nausea, and extreme fatigue.
- It doesn't like sashimi. What? I did warn I'd provide useless facts.

Lykan
2012-06-21, 02:01 PM
- It doesn't like sashimi. What? I did warn I'd provide useless facts.

Too bad none of us have fish-based magic.

smuchmuch
2012-06-21, 02:48 PM
Too bad none of us have fish-based magic.

Given her past record with magic, I'm pretty sure turning a flock of butterflies into a rain of raw fish would be right up Tsukaka's alley.
(that would actualy make a hilarious fumble effect.)

@V works too. :smallbiggrin:

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-21, 04:04 PM
(that would actualy make a hilarious fumble effect.)
*fumble*
"The swarm you targeted didn't turn into raw fish. Instead, the sashimi you ate for lunch change into butterflies in your stomach. You now feel, well, butterflies in your stomach."

Lykan
2012-06-21, 06:07 PM
Alright, time to roll for Amaya to not lose it.

Stay Calm: [roll0]

EDIT: Well, she won't cry, at least.

AmberVael
2012-06-28, 08:16 AM
Forgot to roll for damage, and as I'm pretty sure that hit...

[roll0] (+4 normally, but two overcharge dice means +4 more).

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-28, 09:00 AM
Are you sure you want to do this
*cough*
I mean, please give me some time to think about the proper reaction. Don't worry, you won't have to wait too long either.
There's no need to panic.
Yet.

AmberVael
2012-06-28, 09:52 AM
There's no need to panic.
Yet.

Yeah, I'm just going to get a head start on this.

I didn't think it was such a great idea, but I mean, this is Akiko, and she just got really rattled too. Violence is kind of her default reaction to youma and when she's been provoked like this... I couldn't think of any other actions that seemed appropriate for her to take.

Horrible things are going to happen, aren't they?

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-28, 10:12 AM
That's fair, IC is IC, not all characters are as cautious as their players.

Horrible things are going to happen, aren't they?
Yeah, I'm just trying to determine just how horrible, and not let my coddling GM tendencies get too much in the way.

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-29, 03:51 AM
Rolling the youma's defense here:
[roll0]+3

EDIT: Normally, attacking a youma possessing a human should kill the human, but I'll accept consequences for the fact I left bits of the youma outside the victim's body. I've decided to take special measures considering you made the effort to only attack a specific piece of the youma.
Whether that is a blessing or a punishment is your call. :smallwink:
I did say Talking Is A Free Action in case your characters wanted to devise quickly some strategy to face the monster while it was busy showing off its meat shield, but after all, some characters are less talkative than others. :smallamused:

smuchmuch
2012-06-29, 06:46 AM
You know even disregarding the possible complications (can go up to amputation necessary depending where and how bad she was burned) and permanent scarring short of surgery (I'm sure mai parent will somehow find the way to pay for the skin grafting despite their money problem), extensive severe burns are among the most common causes of PSTD, degrading mental health and depression with a fairly good chance of suicide atempt.

Oh well, her element was joy she'll cope. Probably not

When the nighmtare will disspitate and we're standing in the middle of the room with a half dedd severly burned girl, that's going to be fun to explain to the hospital staff, though.
Gives an entirely new meaning to "baking club."

Normally, attacking a youma possessing a human should kill the human

Wasn't Mai in magical girl form when she took the most of the blast, though ?

I mean Aino took a column of flamme in the face in their little dual and she didn't seem to mind, so that seem to indicate a highned toughness.

AmberVael
2012-06-29, 07:05 AM
Well, we do have two magical girls with healing powers. Though one of them is burned.

And yeah, I was thinking about the fact that Mai was in magical girl form too, when I did this. Guess appearances are deceiving?

Also, I no longer have any ideas on what to post for Akiko.

Oh yeah, and here is a stay calm roll: [roll0]

Mono Vertigo
2012-06-29, 08:15 AM
Yeah, Mai being in her Magical Girl form contributed to my decision. She was greatly weakened by the youma using her body (emphasis on that, they shared damage of a powerful attack) and powers, but she still had a little Resolve.
So, we get the best... worst... something of both worlds.
(Don't do this at home, guys, especially if the possessed person has no monstrous parts you can interact with, or is a completely mundane human.)

I had expected you would either sacrifice her and attack her directly, or devise a strategy and use your powers creatively or even Read it to have an idea of what to do, but not that you would do a mix of the first two options.

EDIT: also, Mai's element is Love, not Joy. Small difference at that point, admittedly.

Ecksdee
2012-07-03, 04:13 AM
Rolling stay calm here... [roll0]

smuchmuch
2012-07-03, 05:03 AM
yes, let's all calm the hell down here. [roll0][roll1]+5=16
Rolled lucky here. Though, I guess it does fit her egocentric side not to get too bothered about the pain of others.

(Weird that Mai still seems to remember though. I wondered in fact Sakado's if magic would be the only way that would actualy clear her mind as much as her body since it 'normalize' tingsand put them back in time, rather than just heal.
Unless if she's been pulling back in time, her haunted look could be from reviving being parasited or the pain of the illness ?)

AmberVael
2012-07-03, 06:47 AM
As a note, the stay calm challenge cannot incur overcharge. Overcharge and the extra rolls from rolling a 6 (also known as exploding dice, by the way) only occur from magical challenges, and stay calm is a normal trait.

Oh, and here's Akiko's defense roll:

[roll0]
Some extras...
[roll1]

Edit: I hate you too, dice. I hate you too.
Akiko takes the damage.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-03, 07:09 AM
Sorry Vael, seems I stole your 6s. :smallbiggrin:

(Unless if she's been pulling back in time, her haunted look could be from reviving being parasited or the pain of the illness ?)

:smallwink:

EDIT: hm...
Okay, I think I slightly screwed up my roll (nothing big though, the attribute modifier needs to get, well, modified). The youma used an Extra Action. In my IC post, I applied the -2 penalty relative to multiple attacks; rereading the rules though, it only makes sense applying such a penalty when the attacker is using a single action to attack multiple targets. Here, the youma is using one full action per target.
Long story short, if there's no objection, I'll cancel that penalty, and add +2 to the Binding Attack. Sorry for the confusion.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-08, 04:53 AM
... is it something I said, or is it just summer? :smallconfused:

smuchmuch
2012-07-08, 04:57 AM
No; Sorry, it's my turn in game to act but I've been a bit busy with other projects and IRL so I jkept postponing answering this game for three days or so because stuf came up.
And well to be honnest I'm not really sure what to do in game. Sorry.
I'll post today

Lykan
2012-07-08, 04:58 AM
Butterfly chains are offensive to my culture! D=

... Err, not really. I've just been waiting on smuchmuch. I imagine we're not supposed to go out of order, but if we can I'll get to it. <.<;

EDIT: Well, analyzing the thing might be helpful. You have your main attribute in support right now, right?

smuchmuch
2012-07-08, 05:22 AM
I though of that, but I though Tsukaka coud also try to break the chains that are attacking Amaya or disrupt
(It has a love and buterfly theme and originate from Mai, so I think assuming it's stronger stat is heart doesn't seems to much of a stretch. And I think it's using it for defense seein as it doesn't atack with much strength. Forcing him to use another atribute (furry) for defense would allow someone to hurt it bad next round.)

Anyway, writting post now., so I'll just chose soemthing. I guess reading the opponent is the best choice here.

edit: Done.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-08, 06:39 AM
It's okay, I just wanted to know if you were still interested and RL problems hadn't popped up. :smallsmile:

AmberVael
2012-07-08, 10:08 AM
Weak to Fury. How lovely. And here I was planning to have Akiko take up a more passive role given that she already has more fury Overcharge than can possibly be good for her- if she takes one more, we're moving into giant overcharge doom explosion territory.

smuchmuch
2012-07-08, 11:16 AM
You have seven charges already ? Ouch.
This look bad. Oh well the good news is, since it's furry overcharge, it's not 'giant explosion of doom', it's 'turn anyone into a murderous raving lunatic radius' (In an hospital.. that should be rich.)
Welp, if you manage to keep it at only 8 dice, it'll be only a couple of rooms worth of epople trying to beat each other with their baxters.
(9 however, should get... pretty horrific.)

Hmm, in theory, sorcery can do about anything, cann't it ?
With two 'magic' and one 'heart' magical girls, maybe someone could come up with a sorcery to help (to not get rid off the overcharge, that'd be too easy so I doubt its a valid effect of sorcery, but maybe share overcharge ? As in transfer some overcharge from one person to another, maybe ?)

(Except, even if it's a valid effect, I can't think of any character whose element, power or even prsonality would easily justify coming up Ic with such an idea, the only one I can think off present as the scene would be .. Mai. who I guess isn't really an option a the moment.)

------------
On a perfectly unrelated matter, I have to wonder: why are magic changes so much better than the others ?
(I mean: Rococo Style, Madening costume pattern (can i have a downed version of this for free, pretty please ? It's even in her costume description.), Technicolor yawn, Doll joints or Theme Music)

Heart has a few good one, too. (Miniaturization, Elasticity, Memory Leech. Imaginary Friend has got to be the best.)

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-08, 12:26 PM
Sorry, Vael, but that youma's attributes were calculated long before even this campaign's first fight. You may only blame the dice for the current situation. :smalltongue:

@smuchmuch: err... you'd need a very, VERY good justification for trying to transfer Overcharge, and the best you'd be able to do is transfer the Overcharge to yourself (else it's too easy giving a little to everyone else in the party and have very minor manifestations). So yeah.

Concerning changes:
Rococo: ... ok, yeah, it's not really negative at all, unless you're diabetic, I guess.
Maddening Costume Pattern: as long as you don't stay transformed too long in the presence of muggles, it's benign too, I guess. (And request accepted! Now people get more confused the longer they're looking at it, but it's just distracting, not maddening.)
Technicolor Yawn: well, you're still puking every once in a while. It's not fun for most. :smallbiggrin:
Doll Joints: sure it's amusing, but don't even think about going to a doctor ever again.
Theme Music: if someone gets this, I swear I'll search for relevant songs on Youtube. :smallbiggrin:
Miniaturization: congratulation, your mundane life is going to get very weird.
Elasticity: not so problematic either if you're a little careful, I guess.
Memory Leech: ... maybe I have that and that's why my mother forgets everything? No, seriously, your close friends and family are going to believe they have Alzheimer.
Imaginary Friend: yay, schizophrenia light. It's all fun and games until it tells you to set something on fire. :smallwink:

It's true that Fury gets the short stick when it comes to Changes (except for Heavy Metal Costume if you're into these things), but at least, they've got the least dangerous Burst, and don't risk turning into a youma this way. A little weird, but that's how it works for the time being.

AmberVael
2012-07-08, 01:55 PM
5 overcharge at the moment, but given that we haven't really started in the fight, and I reaaaally want to avoid permanent changes, let alone Burst, I'd be very happy to just not use Fury more.

I dunno if that's gonna work out though. So, I wanna ask a question-

Can I have some level of control over a change if that occurs? Part of what I dislike about the system is how inexplicable and random it is- it'd be nice for Fallout to be a bit appropriate and thematic, you know? I've been handling it well so far, but if Akiko were to get the permanent or temporary change, say... Flesh Costume, I would have zero idea of how to work that in, let alone interest in it.

smuchmuch
2012-07-08, 02:24 PM
Well Akiko first minor fallout was to pass out and have horrible nightmares (which made sense for the situation and the state she was in) rather than snapping out angrily and getting violent (as the rules would dictate), was it not ?

So I think we can take it as a good sign Musashi is giving storry and character priority over rules randomness when she feels it's apropriate.

That said, while I agree it'd be better if the fallouts made a bit of sense for the characters, I will say the sheer randomness is a small part of the interest of the game, finding way how your charater can cope with the unexpected and weird. Think of it a chalenge, no only for the characrter but also for the player. And a small part of it should remain. (so if anyone should have some control over what the fallout will be, it'll be the Dm.)

edit: @VV
Oh.
My bad, then.

Well I kinda have to agree then, though I still feel my last point stands.
(of course it's easier for tsukaka, since her element is randomness.)

@V Glad to hear it.
I'm liking the game so far.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-08, 02:28 PM
@Vael:
You'll surely be able to negotiate with Octar next time he appears (which should be very, very soon). He has powers that can help with permanent Changes. If you get an unwanted result in the meanwhile, you'll have to put up with it until he can do something about it.

EDIT: what happened to Akiko was the result of a Flare which happened to be a temporary Change to herself, actually. A "lucky" roll in that it made a lot of sense with the rest of the narrative!
As a general rule, yes, I'll try to privilege fluff over randomness, in order to make the story more interesting or coherent, though I still appreciate when players manage to integrate random results.

AmberVael
2012-07-08, 02:29 PM
Er, all that stuff happening the way it did was a combination of good luck and interpretation on my part, Smuchmuch. It's all been die rolls so far, not anything Musashi has done (not to belittle the story thus far, it's great, it's just not what accounts for this particular item).

Edit: Ninja'd! That's not quite what I was shooting for, Musashi. I'm just looking for narrative sensibility as opposed to just complete randomness.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-08, 02:37 PM
@Vael: Changes are one of those things where I would really prefer let the dice decide (Magic being a fickle and mysterious phenomenon), but just for this time, for you, I'll allow one exception:
if you end up with a Change and are not satisfied by the particular result, I'll allow you to switch the numbers (so that 45 - Fleshy Costume becomes 54 - No arm, etc), and if it still doesn't work or you roll the two same numbers, you'll be allowed a reroll.
If that still doesn't work, well, there will still be the other solution mentioned previously.
Are you okay with that proposition?

AmberVael
2012-07-08, 02:52 PM
I can definitely understand wanting some level of randomness. Having potentially three rolls sounds like it could give me something to work with- I do think I'm pretty good at interpreting and reinterpreting things.

Of course, knowing my luck, Akiko will end up with all the overcharge and will in fact just shoot straight into Burst. :smallamused:

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-08, 03:05 PM
Great!

Look on the bright side! At least, you're not going to annihilate the whole building and everyone in it, or create a youma worse than the one you've just fought. There's only going to be a big Fight Club in a place where half the people can't even move, and there are doctors nearby. That's pretty damn positive. :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2012-07-10, 10:08 AM
Look on the bright side! At least, you're not going to annihilate the whole building and everyone in it, or create a youma worse than the one you've just fought. There's only going to be a big Fight Club in a place where half the people can't even move, and there are doctors nearby. That's pretty damn positive. :smallbiggrin:

Everyone was kung fu fighting ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0) ♪

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/small/tsukaka02.png

Those docs cut fast as lighting
The nurses were pretty frightning
and some were even bitting ♫

They were furious wounded men in funky patient gowns
they were chopping them up and chopping people down ♫

.. what ?

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/tsukaka01.png

I'm giving moral support here !
Sorry.

-----------
On an unrelated matter, about Deafnotdumb, maybe send one last Pm to ask if there are still exams or if (s)he officaly could confirm (s)he lost interest ?

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-10, 11:59 AM
... okay, you win one Internet. *slow clap*

Thank you for reminding me, I'll do that tonight. Hope s/he'll be back very soon, I like Ami's characterization. :smallfrown:
If s/he doesn't come back... well, I'll have to find a plot with her that involves something more creative than youma possession.

Lykan
2012-07-11, 04:36 AM
*raving gibberish* Ack I'm sorry I took so long to get to this the past few days have been kinda busy. >.< Anyways, I seem to have quite a few rolls to take care of, so I'll do that now. Don't let me down, diceroller thingie!

Stay Calm! [roll0]

Defense Roll v. Binding Attack! [roll1]

EDIT: Okay, so that's a fury overcharge, which I should probably now factor into her defense. I also have to add another fury overcharge for the one I gained for the defense roll. Bluh.

Lykan
2012-07-11, 04:41 AM
Please don't add any more. >.<

Added to Defense [roll0]

Edit: This is not pleasant in the slightest.

Lykan
2012-07-11, 04:43 AM
Even MORE added to Defense: [roll0]

EDIT: Phew! On the plus side, I think I dodged it. <.< >.>

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-11, 04:57 AM
Okay, wait a second. I'm not seeing any 6 in the Defense roll, only the Stay Calm (which can't incur Overcharge unless you're substituting the Cool attribute for a magical one somehow).
Unless you're voluntary taking Overcharge to boost your roll, in which case, yes, you're getting even more Overcharge.

smuchmuch
2012-07-11, 04:59 AM
(I think she meant she took overcharge because she botched the stay calm roll, no ? It's either that or a strain on a relastioship with Akiko.)

Lykan
2012-07-11, 05:05 AM
Okay, wait a second. I'm not seeing any 6 in the Defense roll, only the Stay Calm (which can't incur Overcharge unless you're substituting the Cool attribute for a magical one somehow).
Unless you're voluntary taking Overcharge to boost your roll, in which case, yes, you're getting even more Overcharge.

... I probably shouldn't be doing this in the middle of the night. You're right on the defense. I just completely misread my own rolls. .-.

However, I gained a point of Fury overcharge from not completely surpassing the Stay Cool roll, which I thought would get factored into my defense since I'm using my Fury attribute for it right now.

So how much overcharge would I take? Should I redo it entirely or just go with the amount of overcharge I've incurred, subtracting the one I added by accident?

smuchmuch
2012-07-11, 05:13 AM
Actualy Amaya has a relationship with akiko (wich I believe she has) , you didn't take overcharge, just a strain.

Unless somehwere you used a dice to augment your defense, I don't think you gained any ovecharge at all since you rolled a 1 and a 4 on your defense roll.
And you dodge since you rolled more than the Youma, if I'm not mistaken.

edit: @V ah well then it's one overcharge.

Lykan
2012-07-11, 05:15 AM
Actualy Amaya has a relationship with akiko (wich I believe she has) , you didn't take overcharge, just a strain.

Actualy, unless you used a dice to augment your defense, I don't think you gained any ovecharge at all

Akiko has a relationship with her, but not vice versa. I failed the Bond roll because Amaya is an awkward buttface who has difficulties getting attached to people. :smalltongue:

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-11, 06:03 AM
... I probably shouldn't be doing this in the middle of the night. You're right on the defense. I just completely misread my own rolls. .-.

However, I gained a point of Fury overcharge from not completely surpassing the Stay Cool roll, which I thought would get factored into my defense since I'm using my Fury attribute for it right now.

So how much overcharge would I take? Should I redo it entirely or just go with the amount of overcharge I've incurred, subtracting the one I added by accident?
The Overcharge you're getting on the attribute you happen to also be using for defense doesn't trigger exploding dice, because it was caused by an unrelated event (aka another roll).
So you're getting 1 Overcharge from the failed Stay Calm challenge, and nothing from your defense roll (which barely succeeded anyway, by the way).

Lykan
2012-07-11, 06:35 AM
The Overcharge you're getting on the attribute you happen to also be using for defense doesn't trigger exploding dice, because it was caused by an unrelated event (aka another roll).
So you're getting 1 Overcharge from the failed Stay Calm challenge, and nothing from your defense roll (which barely succeeded anyway, by the way).

What about the +2 bonus the binding attack is supposed to have? Didn't I just barely fail it, rather than barely succeed?

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-11, 06:46 AM
What about the +2 bonus the binding attack is supposed to have? Didn't I just barely fail it, rather than barely succeed?
What +2 bonus?

smuchmuch
2012-07-11, 10:39 AM
Binding attack on Amaya: [roll2]

Concerning the binding attack, I seem to have misapplied a penalty (see OOC thread for explanation), so please add +2 to that last roll to compensate.]]

Uhm. That one ?

edit: .....Unless I horribly misunderstood and you actually meant the +2 should be added to the youma roll ?

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-11, 11:04 AM
Oh, yeah, THAT one. Where am I going if I start forgetting what I typed. *facepalms*
I meant it to add +2 to the youma's attack roll for Binding (so that's +5 total, not +3). Therefore indeed, Amaya barely missed instead.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-11, 02:31 PM
By the way, DeafnotDumb is officially dropping out of the game.
I have a shiny new pawn
I mean
I'll try and make the character justice.

Lykan
2012-07-13, 05:58 AM
T-T Goodbye Deaf. It was fun.

At any rate, my support skill being my highest stat has a use now, at least. So let's take care of that.

Support Roll to Escape the Chains! [roll0]

EDIT: Well, great. Continue being useless, Amaya! =D

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-20, 02:26 PM
So, it's Sadako's turn.
Summer break, I guess? If that's the case, I hope the weather's better than here, it's way too rainy for July. :smallsmile:

smuchmuch
2012-07-21, 02:51 AM
Hmm, Ecksdee hasn't ben ont he forums since the 16, so I assume she's very busy or had some kind of serious setback IRL.
Anyhow, hoping she's okay and back soon-ish In the meantime, no one willl mind if we act out of turn, I suppose ?
(if Ecksdee hasnt posted byt he tim everyone else is done, maybe put her an aoutpilot untill her player gets back ?)

Also for the next 10 days, i will be away from my home and usal computer. i don't know weither I'll have a stable internet connection or not yet.
i should still be able to gt a postot two even in worst case.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-21, 04:20 AM
I'll wait one more day, and if she hasn't replied since, I'll skip to the youma's turn and do as you suggest.
Thanks for the warning!

AmberVael
2012-07-22, 01:12 PM
Akiko is going to clash.

[roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Just in case it's relevant, here are some extra rolls (hopefully it won't be): [roll2]

Edit: Well, on the good side, Akiko's roll was successful. On the bad side, she just took two more fury overcharge in one go.

smuchmuch
2012-07-23, 01:01 PM
Defense [roll0][roll1]+6=11
Welp.

Good thing her turn is next.

AmberVael
2012-07-24, 08:00 AM
Well... being at 7 overcharge means that if Akiko gets one more, she hits burst. Rash and crazy as she is, Akiko wouldn't want that.

The implication of having 6 or more overcharge is that you can immediately dispense of it though- doesn't even specify having to take an action or anything. So I'm assuming Akiko can voluntarily just take all her overcharge and get a permanent change rather than wait a little longer and probably explode everyone.

Sooo... assuming that's right, that's what I'm going to do. So this is the roll for that.

[roll0]
Just in case that one is really lame or something: [roll1]

Edit: Bloody eyes? I guess I can work with that.

Lykan
2012-07-24, 08:46 AM
Alright, rolling to escape the chains.

[roll0]

EDIT: Huzzah!

smuchmuch
2012-07-24, 09:00 AM
(I would have taken the risk of one more overcharge ebfore getting rid of overcharge and gone with the furrysplosion personaly. Furry burst are really weaksauce compared to the rest and only last 1D3 round of so.

A nice 8 dice explosion you would have affected only a couple in a place where most people are sickly or rooms at a late hour where there aren't many visiors. Seems more manageable
Okay so a 9 dice or more would have a real chance to get really horrible really fast...but hey)

@Musashi: If you take Sakado as a temporary NPC, could she be an active one, maybe ? (let's just have her act after everyone else so Ecksdee can post if she can show again)
If those continuous binding attacks are any indication, I'd say this youma was made to be fought by five (and we're already down to four with DfNDb out)

AmberVael
2012-07-24, 09:58 AM
A nice 8 dice explosion you would have affected only a couple in a placewhere most people are scly or rooms at a late hour where there aren't many visiors. seems more manageable

Despite this opinion being expressed by you and Musashi, I'm inclined to think that having a mad fury descend on a place where half of the people are sickly or incapable of moving and the other half have scalpels and dangerous medical equipment close to hand is not a good idea.

And for all her anger and rage, Akiko wants to protect people- in character, she'd rather take the magic on herself.

Mono Vertigo
2012-07-24, 12:30 PM
@Vael: Well, my opinion is just that, a personal opinion. And it was mostly meant tongue-in-cheek: compared with many other situations where a Fury Burst could occur, it is relatively tame, but I agree it's not great either.
Also, due to its purely aesthetic and minor nature, Bloody Eyes is a truly permanent Change. It's not on when it amuses me or according to the whims of the dice, Akiko's eyes are always blood red from now on. Fair enough?

@smuchmuch: fine, I'll make Sadako participate actively again, but I'll do what I can to avoid gathering Overcharge, because it could result in permanent and unwanted consequences for Ecksee. No Finishing Moves. And you should be quite able to defeat the youma yourselves. Trust me on this.

AmberVael
2012-07-24, 01:05 PM
That was my assumption, yeah. It doesn't make sense as a sometimes feature like say, Agony.

Oh, and Akiko did just kinda deal like... 16 damage to the youma with that clash, so I'm pretty sure we can take it out.

smuchmuch
2012-07-24, 02:06 PM
@smuchmuch: fine, I'll make Sadako participate actively again, but I'll do what I can to avoid gathering Overcharge, because it could result in permanent and unwanted consequences for Ecksee. No Finishing Moves.

Fair enough.
Even no direct attacking would have ben fine, just things like 'joining if
another character start a conjointed attack' is fine.

-------------
Red eyes do go well for Akiko. Could easily imagine them slighlty glowing like ambers as well.

Going to be one pain in her mundane life though. Hope she never needs to go to the ophtalmologist or something like that.

AmberVael
2012-08-02, 07:57 AM
Haha! Two hits despite my terrible rolls. Eat searing fire and light in the face, youma!

Granted, Akiko is now at like, 1 resolve. So hopefully the youma doesn't survive that.

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-02, 08:18 AM
It didn't! Great fight, really. :smallsmile:
Oh, wait, right, the Nightmare is going to collapse at any moment, and there's a disoriented weakened girl with you. Good luck. :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2012-08-05, 10:40 AM
Er, i'm not sure what to put in my post right now.

Oh, wait, right, the Nightmare is going to collapse at any moment, and there's a disoriented weakened girl with you. Good luck.

Is there a way to guess something bad is going to happen (for those who haven't been in a nightmare before) ?

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-05, 04:34 PM
Oh, right, the new recruits haven't been briefed by Octar yet concerning Nightmares.
You're gonna have to wait for a veteran to tell you to run for your lives, or for the environment to start breaking down menacingly in my next post. :smallamused:

smuchmuch
2012-08-10, 01:05 AM
..ah... so, I assume Lykan has other things that are keeping her busy IRl but maybe it'd be time to send a Pm to Ecksdeeif (it hasn't already been done) and consider re recruitement even if jsut to replace DeafnotDumb ?

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-10, 04:22 AM
Already PMed Ecksdee, and as you can guess, I haven't received a response since. Hope she's okay IRL, at the very least. :smallfrown:
I'l reopen recruitment during the downtime between this Episode and the next.

Lykan
2012-08-10, 07:58 PM
Alright, I'm alive (sorta). Hopefully I can make Amaya do at least one useful thing during this adventure.

Locate Exit! [roll0]

AmberVael
2012-08-10, 10:22 PM
Glad to see you back, Ecksdee. :smallsmile:

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-11, 03:45 AM
Welcome back! Apologies for controlling your character briefly, the plot had to be advanced. :smallsmile:

smuchmuch
2012-08-13, 05:19 AM
Nice to see everyone's back.

Starting tomorow, up to the 22, i'll be away from my computer.
I'll probably still have some kind of acess to internet but likely very sporadic and limited.

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-13, 02:07 PM
Alright, thanks for the warning!

AmberVael
2012-08-20, 03:40 PM
*cough*

So um, what are we waiting on here?

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-21, 08:47 AM
My most sincere apologies, this time it's me who's being busy.

Lykan
2012-08-21, 12:35 PM
Is okay! Hope stuff gets cleared up soon. :smallsmile:

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-21, 02:51 PM
It's just stuff typical to summer holidays, but thanks. A reply will come at most on Thursday. :smallsmile:

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-30, 04:09 AM
My turn to check for interest.

AmberVael
2012-08-30, 07:56 AM
I was kinda hoping/waiting for Lykan or Ecksdee to post, honestly. I'll try and get something up today though, it has been too long since someone posted.

Lykan
2012-08-30, 08:19 AM
I'm sorry, I've been busy moving to the other side of the country and subsequently getting kinda sick. .-.

Mono Vertigo
2012-08-30, 08:56 AM
That's okay, Lykan, I hope you'll get better soon.
Sorry if things are not very interesting in-game now that the battle is finished. At least, the Episode's end is near, as well as more explanations concerning what's going on.

smuchmuch
2012-08-30, 09:01 AM
(Actually I'm very okay with having a breather after the battle, it's an occasion to talk between ourselves and to NPcs (As far as I'm concerned more character interraction couldn't hurt.))

Lykan
2012-09-13, 04:48 AM
I'm sorry I've been so inactive as of late. School is smacking me rather hard for not managing my time better and as a result I have to either spend a lot of time unconscious, working on homework, or without internet. I'll try and get a post up tomorrow, it's just been a bit of a busy week (that will hopefully not become something of a trend).

Mono Vertigo
2012-09-13, 08:59 AM
Alright, thanks again for telling us, and hope things will get less hectic soon.

Mono Vertigo
2012-10-10, 07:22 AM
Heya!
The forum has unexpectedly been down for a few days, which understandably hindered everyone's creativity and motivation.
I'd like to know, however, who is still in, and who is still having problems with RL being uncooperative (again, take your time, RL>RP, hope things get less hectic for you soon).

AmberVael
2012-10-10, 08:23 AM
I'm still here! I was mostly hoping someone else might post, but I can go ahead if you want.

smuchmuch
2012-10-10, 08:25 AM
College has been stepping up a lot lately but nonetheless, I'm still here.

Lykan
2012-10-10, 09:45 AM
I'm here, just a bunch of things might have prevented me posting lately.

Mono Vertigo
2012-10-10, 12:49 PM
Good! I'll wait a little for Ecksdee, and if no one replies to the IC thread by tomorrow, I'll move things along.

Ecksdee
2012-10-12, 06:07 PM
Still here! Sorry for being so quiet. Got a reply up, so I'm no longer holding things up!

Mono Vertigo
2012-10-18, 04:06 AM
So, you may have noticed I haven't posted a reply yet.
That's because I have very unexpected Internet stability issues.
At worst, I'll be able to get a steady connection by Friday evening.
Sorry, and thanks for your patience.

Lykan
2012-11-17, 07:03 AM
Who's being waited on?

AmberVael
2012-11-17, 10:40 AM
Well, for my part at least, I was kind of assuming Akiko wouldn't be showing up until there was some kind of scene change, so that's what I'm waiting on.

smuchmuch
2012-11-19, 07:38 AM
(I think we're all waiting for the scence change but Mahushi hasn't connected to the forums in a week.)

Mono Vertigo
2012-11-20, 04:18 PM
Apologies, I got busy. Nothing unplanned, but I severely overestimated the free time it would leave me, hence no preemptive warning.

EDIT: so, we're reaching the end of the episode. Anything you'd still like to do before I wrap it up and post the epilogue?

Lykan
2012-11-24, 07:11 PM
Well, I'd imagine Amaya would go and sneak into the hospital to tell Mai about what's going on in regards to her magical burn thingies, and probably take the fall for Akiko in doing so.

After that she'll probably just go to her hidey hole.

Mono Vertigo
2012-11-26, 07:18 AM
Okay, I'll write a post as soon as possible.
Sorry for not posting earlier, crap happened again. I guess it's my turn for RL-induced exhaustion. :smallfrown:

Lykan
2012-11-26, 07:20 AM
It's alright. Hope you're feeling better.

smuchmuch
2012-11-27, 03:57 PM
(So we're waiting till the scene with Amaya is done before posting again, I guess ?
The idea occurs that if you intend to rerecruit to replace DeafnotDumb, right bow might be the best time to do so; so the new player(s) might be introduced directly when the new scene starts.)

Mono Vertigo
2012-11-27, 05:13 PM
(- If your [general "you"] character watches the news on TV, I can already post the part of the epilogue that's taking place while Amaya is sneaking in.
- Noted.)

smuchmuch
2012-11-27, 06:35 PM
"Please leave right now or I'm calling security! This is the maternity ward!"

(*snicker* For some reason that amused a lot.
Amaya should have sticked a pillow under he gown, just to see her face.)

Just out of curiosity, how late is it in the vening in the game, at this point ?

Lykan
2012-11-28, 04:06 AM
"Please leave right now or I'm calling security! This is the maternity ward!" she says, emphasizing the last words, certain there was no way a teenager would belong there.

Sheesh, like there's no such thing as teenage mothers? Formerly-preggers lady needs to think outside the box a little.

Mono Vertigo
2012-11-29, 04:31 PM
Sheesh, like there's no such thing as teenage mothers? Formerly-preggers lady needs to think outside the box a little.
If all the NPCs were as thoughtful or open-minded as we are, I can guarantee we would have a lot less conflict. :smallwink:

smuchmuch
2012-11-30, 12:19 PM
(Well to be fair, fourteen years old is still pretty awfully young for motherhood (nowadays at least), so I can understand if it at least raise a surprised eyebrow..)

Also...

Once she finds one, she assumes magical girl form, dons a spare hospital gown,

Doesn't Amaya's costume have black armor like plates (some of wich are vaguely helmety and cover part of her face) and clawed gauntlets wich I'm pretty sure an hospital gown wouldn't hide ? (at least not the gauntlet, hospital gowns generaly have short sleeves) cause that toaly sound like the kind of accessories that'll look inconspicuous while sneaking in a maternity ward or even an hospital in general :smalltongue:

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/Amaya01.png

Mono Vertigo
2012-11-30, 12:26 PM
I believe I already gave you an Internet, Smuchmuch. Well, have a second one.

Ecksdee
2012-12-01, 10:03 AM
Hey guys. Sorry for disappearing like I did. I do still want to play with you all! Real life just kicked my butt -- I'm just getting over a cold/cough that stuck with me for a week or so. :smalleek:

Lykan
2012-12-06, 11:37 AM
I apologize for taking so long to post. Finals week is being a monster. x.x

I'll try to post before (and if not then, definitely on) the weekend.

Mono Vertigo
2012-12-07, 05:38 AM
Thought so.
Hope finals are going well for you and everybody else who still has them!

Lykan
2012-12-13, 08:11 AM
I'm free! And my only assignment for over the vacation is to play games that aren't videogames!

So, uh... Yeah. I will be here! Because school demands it! :smallbiggrin:

Lykan
2012-12-18, 05:40 AM
Because I'm a doofus I did 1d20+3 for the social roll instead of 2d6+3. So it's time to rectify this.

Social Roll go!: [roll0]

EDIT: AMAYA IS THE MASTER OF SOCIALIZATION

Mono Vertigo
2012-12-18, 08:50 AM
:smallbiggrin:

Announcement to other players: things are moving. If your character is watching TV that evening, please read my latest post's spoiler. The footing in the 7PM news will be broadcast again a couple more times in that same evening, so you don't have to worry about your character missing it out the first time.

Mono Vertigo
2012-12-24, 06:09 AM
Merry Christmas, and thanks everyone to put up with me (especially Lykan and Vael, still in after one year)! It's been a good time GMing this game, and I hope the rest goes even better. :smallsmile:

Lykan
2012-12-24, 06:46 AM
Happy holidays to you too. :smallsmile:

I'll try to post sometime a little bit later. The past few days have been rather rough on my sleep schedule due to jetlag and attempting to try new medications that supposedly lack any sort of drowsiness side effects.

Lykan
2012-12-27, 10:06 PM
I'll try to post sometime a little bit later.

"A bit later" in Lykan-ese apparently means a few days later. Sorry. <.<;

AmberVael
2013-01-01, 05:27 PM
While Akiko did text Ami (since calling her would be... something of a waste of time), she actually called Mai. Normally I'd just roll with the texting, but I feel the distinction is rather important here. Could you edit your post to reflect this, Musashi? :smallsmile:

Mono Vertigo
2013-01-01, 05:29 PM
Apologies for the mix-up, today's night/morning yesterday's evening left my brains a little scrambled. Corrections will be made.
By the way, happy new years everyone!

smuchmuch
2013-01-01, 05:50 PM
Hey
Sorry not to have posted lately, I haven't had much inspiration and stuff on the side and all that. Well sorry anyway. i'll try to make a small post tonight.

Happy new years to you all.

Mono Vertigo
2013-01-04, 06:21 AM
Edited my post, just so you know!

Mono Vertigo
2013-01-23, 09:00 AM
Lykan, AmberVael, if you'd like Mai to participate in the discussion between Amaya and Akiko, just tell me. It doesn't seem to me like it does, but in doubt, I'd rather ask.

Lykan
2013-01-24, 04:55 AM
I think we might be good. I appreciate it though.

Let me go nom on Amber to encourage her to post.

Lykan
2013-02-08, 05:03 AM
... I'm not sure if I should post. It kinda feels like Mai is talking to Akiko.

If everyone's been waiting on me I sincerely apologize and will get to posting soon. <.<;

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-10, 06:01 AM
She's talking out loud, so Akiko and Amaya can both hear her clearly.

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-18, 05:03 AM
So, we've reached the end of the Episode.
Amaya, Akiko, Tsukaka and Sadako all get 1XP for participating.
They all get an addition 1XP for fighting the youma.
Everyone who formed a new relationship gains 1XP (that should be Akiko and Amaya; if I missed someone, just go ahead and take your 1XP).
Amaya and Sadako got a little closer to their wish (Amaya by starting to use her powers in a way that's definitely interesting, and Sadako by having turned both objects and people back to their original state), and both get 1XP for it.
And, finally, every player gets to give 1XP to another player.
Therefore, before players mutually exchange XP, here's the rewards:
4XP for Amaya.
3XP for Sadako and Akiko.
2XP for Tsukaka.
Ami, as you have noticed, is officially NPC'ed.

As for Oblivion Seeds, 2 more were obtained, and Mai wants to give up the one she's already got to Amaya, but the IC distribution got skipped (for justified reasons, may I add). If you want to do the distribution OOCly before the next mission begins ICly, go ahead.

Last thing: once again, that was quite a nice Episode. This time, we've got a bunch of hooks, and the ages-old GM's fear of seeing them ignored turned out to be unfounded. Seriously, you're the best players I could have hoped for as a first-time GM. :smallwink:
If there's nonetheless anything you'd like to tell me, especially constructive criticism or requests, go ahead.
The next Episode will start in exactly one week. That should give you time to do everything you need.

Lykan
2013-02-18, 05:37 AM
My XP goes to Vael. I kinda feel like she deserves it for doing something as risky as attacking the youma while it had a hold of Mai, even if it didn't really turn out for the better. It was very in-character for how Akiko was likely feeling at the time, with the magic-fueled rage clouding her judgement and stuff.

... Amber please don't be sad it's a compliment. .-.

As for Tsukaka and Sadako, I liked how they performed as well. I look forward to continuing the adventure with you two and I'm sincerely sorry for taking up so much time with the solo adventure thing. >.<

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-18, 08:27 AM
By the way, for those who're interested, here are some ways the encounter could have gone (though I'm, as a GM, quite satisfied with how things went):

- Reading the enemy would have indicated that pulling on its chains was the default way to separate it from Mai.
- Had Akiko attacked any other part of the youma, Mai would have died. Since I had not expected the chains would be specifically targeted, I improvised and ruled it would have the same effect as pulling them + injuring Mai (not killing her outright, as she'd not been directly hit, either).
- Had Mai not been quickly healed, she would probably have died from her wounds in the following days.
- @Lykan: I obviously didn't tell your chances when you asked, but your plan would have worked.

AmberVael
2013-02-18, 09:52 AM
Hmm. I'm a little concerned that Akiko is never going to get XP for moving towards her wish, since neither are actually things she can move towards without just picking up oblivion seeds. Maybe I should define it a little differently so I don't just completely cut myself off from XP gain?

Also, I do think it's a compliment to have others think I play my character appropriately even when their actions don't turn out well. It's certainly tougher than playing them when their actions turn out nicely.

My XP goes to Lykan. It's the little details that make me like Amaya. Her actions tend to add to the game, rather than just follow the story. Even if it did go on long, the visit to Mai in the hospital is something I support. Plus, I really just can't shake the feeling that Amaya is the force that really holds the rather more eccentric group together- and that mirrors what happens OOC, because I feel like Lykan's persistence helps keep this game alive, which I really appreciate.

smuchmuch
2013-02-18, 10:20 AM
Ecksdee hasn't posted on a while. Are you still in the game ?
If yes, my point goes to her. I simply like sakado's concept.
Else it goes to Vael.

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-18, 11:28 AM
@AmberVael: yeah, I haven't really integrated your Wish yet, but the next Episode should include the opportunity to make at least the first step in working toward it. Therefore, I'd personally advise against you changing your goal. (Also goes for the others; I used this Episode to truly introduce your characters to the nasty side of magical adventures and tie up looses ends with the last NPC'd character, but I've seen that if I do it more, your own characters' goals will be neglected.)

@smuchmuch: Concerning Ecksdee, I've seen her post somewhere else recently, so that's at least something. I'm going to PM her to ensure she's still in. Ecksdee's in!

AmberVael
2013-02-20, 04:11 PM
Oh, I wasn't thinking of changing my goal, just... rephrasing and reframing it in such a way that some of it might actually be possible outside of magic. For example, instead of making her sister's wish, it might be to take her sister's place as a guardian or something, which is pretty much what she's trying to do already, if... with some failures.

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-21, 04:54 AM
Okay, I understand, it's fair and it stays in line with the previously stated one. If you do it before the next Episode starts, I'll give you one more XP for that.
By the way, has everyone kept track of their one XPs? I think there are level-ups in order.

An intermission was posted in the IC thread. Nothing your characters should be aware of, obviously, but you may find the peek into the backstage instructive.

Lykan
2013-02-21, 05:07 AM
Okay, I understand, it's fair and it stays in line with the previously stated one. If you do it before the next Episode starts, I'll give you one more XP for that.
By the way, has everyone kept track of their one XPs? I think there are level-ups in order.
I got one! No idea what I'm spending it on yet, though.

An intermission was posted in the IC thread. Nothing your characters should be aware of, obviously, but you may find the peek into the backstage instructive.
So we have a world-turtle, a cthulu dog monster, and a hindu cloud spirit. Should be interesting.

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-21, 05:45 AM
And that's just in Tokyo.
For all you know, there's Godzilla, Frankenstein, and the Sphinx walking in a bar in Hokkaido.

Lykan
2013-02-21, 05:50 AM
There's also the Easter Bunny down in Kyoto.

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-21, 06:07 AM
How could I forget him? And he's a major actor in the magical world, too! He turns Oblivion Seeds into colorful eggs and keeps them in his basket. But don't talk to him about the case of the Nekomata and the Imp, he's still depressed about the whole deal.

smuchmuch
2013-02-21, 09:46 AM
Well, at least it all stays in Japan.

Come to think of it, the whole 'get closer to her wish' isn't going to be easy for Tsukaka either, since for now her main wish/motivation is kind of 'I want the earthquake who ruined my life nevert have happened/I want my parents back".

Using magic for that kind of thing is something that feels way more up Sakado's alley, and I don't think Tsukaka has reached the point of hanging around shallow graves while muteing thing about "bringing them back, faster, stronger, better" (yet.). I'm not going to change it unless the character herself has some major character growth of a sort, because it just makes plain sense to me due to her backstorry but I don't really see what she can do to get that much 'closer' to it.
Except possibly haggling and grabbing for every possible oblivion seeds she could get her hands on. I apologize in advance if it gets obnoxious fast.

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-21, 12:41 PM
Haggling for Oblivion Seeds is however a problem that is very likely to happen in that setting (wish as an explicit milestone, not much time to goof around, freakin' teenagers as the main actors). While I trust none of you is going to push it to the point it's OOC-ly irritating, it's a part of the game that's as expected and important as rivalries, bad Changes, and mascot creatures that are not so cute and helpful.
So, don't worry too much about it.

AmberVael
2013-02-21, 12:50 PM
Done!

I have. I now have 9xp, so I have one advance, and almost a second advance.

I'm honestly not sure how I'm going to use it. I'd like to get an effect, but none of the existing ones appeal hugely to me, though I could get some use out of Magic Shield or Healing Touch. It might be nice to have a sort of Regeneration upgrade as well, if that might be allowed. I may just go with pushing Fury to 10 though.

Innnteeeereeesting. Apsaras, huh?

AmberVael
2013-02-28, 07:34 AM
So, um, are we supposed to post now? Or is there going to be a post from you after the intermission, Musashi?

Mono Vertigo
2013-02-28, 11:44 AM
I was actually waiting for Ecksdee to say who she was giving her 1XP to (yes, she knows the game is on-going, and she's still in). Should I start the new Episode without her?

smuchmuch
2013-02-28, 12:49 PM
I suppose you could start the new chapter up in the this evening/tomorow ? That should leave the oportuniy for Ecksdee to catch up during the week end without much lateness (seeing as this game isn't exactly the most fast paced ever) if she's busy now.

AmberVael
2013-03-01, 01:44 PM
I was actually waiting for Ecksdee to say who she was giving her 1XP to (yes, she knows the game is on-going, and she's still in). Should I start the new Episode without her?

At this point... yeah. It's been nearly two weeks since you PM'd Ecksdee. Waiting further is probably inadvisable.

Edit: For the record, I went with the Fury advance. It's on Akiko's sheet.

smuchmuch
2013-03-01, 08:10 PM
(Just to check, how long as it been since end of chapter 2 ? Just the one night or a few days more ?)

Mono Vertigo
2013-03-02, 04:05 PM
Just the one night. You poor guys are overworked.

Ecksdee
2013-03-12, 03:34 PM
If it's not too late, I'd like to give my 1XP to Tsukaka. :3

Mono Vertigo
2013-03-12, 03:44 PM
It's not too late!

smuchmuch
2013-03-15, 05:12 PM
For bonding, you roll 2d6 and add your Social. 10+ gives a single charge, 14+ two charges.

(should be noted: Tsukaka already has a bond (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12836196&postcount=193) with Hana (starting bond) , dont know how many charges since it's a starting bond.
Renforcing it if it's possible (I need to reread the rules when I get the time>_<)

Also i'm going to update the post with her sheet on with all her bonds, that'll make it easier to find.)

Social roll [roll0]

Mono Vertigo
2013-03-15, 05:52 PM
Whoa, nice roll!
There's no Strain on that relation yet (unless I missed something keeping track but it's fairly unlikely :smalltongue:). So you can put one, and only one, extra Charge on that relation to instantly get rid of one Strain on it in the future.
You may also change the relation's attribute if so you wish.

AmberVael
2013-03-20, 10:46 AM
Stay Calm roll (this will totally end well): [roll0]

AmberVael
2013-03-20, 10:55 AM
Since Akiko is not feeling very calm or wise at the moment...

Sorcery: [roll0]

Mono Vertigo
2013-03-28, 06:08 AM
You know what we've not had since last year? A character portrait by myself.
Heeeeeere's Tsukaka! (http://i.imgur.com/4CqBhcS.png)

@Ecksdee: PLEASE DON'T FEEL LEFT OUT but I'm only restarting drawing for the game, and Sadako's costume is rather complex (though awesome), and I would like to respect the reference you gave me instead of just putting frills everywhere and calling it a day. So, it's going to take me a little longer to draw.

smuchmuch
2013-03-31, 03:45 PM
Aha, funny it's almost exactly the same pose I've imagined her when I made an atempt (http://s917.photobucket.com/user/smuchmuch/media/Illustrations/mgirl.png.html?sort=3&o=10) to draw her myself.
I like how you manged to make her costume painfull enough to look at and still fitting for a magical girl. Love it.

sorry for having neglected this game for a little while here. I'm doing an internship lately, it's taking a lot of my posting time away.

Mono Vertigo
2013-04-02, 09:01 AM
Has Easter kept everyone busy? :smalltongue:
If/when you'd like to end your current scene, just say so. Also tell me if you enjoy them. I have the feeling simultaneous individual scenes with the focus on relationships and small possibility to learn more about the plot work well, but I want to make sure it's not just my personal opinion.

AmberVael
2013-04-02, 09:05 AM
Ah, I've liked this section too, I've just been really distracted by a number of things lately.

I think I have just about one post left for Akiko before I don't know what to do though, so unless you've got something in mind, a shift of scene and direction soon might be good.

Mono Vertigo
2013-04-02, 09:09 AM
Okay, thanks for the feedback. Akiko will arrive to the shrine (or anywhere she wants to go) once she leaves. Do you think I should offer the opportunity for these scenes again before the end of the Episode?
By the way, I've decided to have each PC arrive at the shrine once their scenes are finished, regardless of the in-game schedule, is that fine with everybody?

Lykan
2013-04-02, 09:37 AM
It's alright with me. I'm sorry I've been so slow with the posting lately.

Mono Vertigo
2013-04-02, 09:40 AM
No problem, it's not the speed that worries me, just that posts are being made at all and that it stays fun for everybody. Real life comes first.

AmberVael
2013-04-20, 10:02 AM
As a note, Akiko doesn't intend to leave the tower until the others leave Octar- she'll join up with them then. Which is why I'm not posting- there isn't exactly much for her to do at the moment unless she wants to leave her post.

...also as a note, as I recall, Akiko still has the oblivion seeds from yesterday, so unless Tsukaka is expecting Octar to hand over the seeds he already has, she won't be getting one from him. Not that I would put it past him to do something like that.

Mono Vertigo
2013-04-30, 04:07 AM
We're baaaaack~!

Lykan
2013-05-04, 01:52 AM
Sorry I've been inactive, I've had a busy past couple of weeks. I'll get a post up later today.

smuchmuch
2013-05-04, 03:07 AM
still here too. Just a bit busy IRL; (Also thinking about what to answer.)

Mono Vertigo
2013-05-04, 04:58 AM
Glad you're here and still in! Take your time. A few more days won't hurt more than the initial DDoS did.

Lykan
2013-05-10, 10:04 PM
... I don't want to keep making excuses but this time my computer kinda kerploded. Thankfully, I can use my parent's desktop but their work takes precedence over anything I do here, so... Still might be slow. Sorry. T-T

Mono Vertigo
2013-05-11, 04:16 AM
:smalleek:
Hope it gets fixed quickly. Kerploded computers suck.

Lykan
2013-05-18, 03:26 AM
Computer's fixed! :smallbiggrin: I do have a question now, though. Does Octar have anything to say about Amaya's first question?

Mono Vertigo
2013-05-19, 04:40 AM
Yay! :D
No, Octar doesn't have anything to add. It's beyond his power to guess what patterns youma follow. He could investigate further, sure, but it would surely be more fun (for you) and faster (for your characters) if they did the work, wouldn't it? :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2013-05-19, 06:36 AM
I'd like to know if you were able to play, or if you still wished to do so.
Thanks in advance for your reply! Hope everything is going well for you IRL.

As I said ealier, I was quite busy IRl lately (final and repports in the same week, ugh). But as of yesterday's evening i'm starting to have a bit more free time so expect a post soon(-ish because it alway takes me forever to write, sorry about that)

Mono Vertigo
2013-05-19, 06:49 AM
No prob, I wanted to know if anything had changed since. :smallsmile:

AmberVael
2013-05-19, 08:34 AM
As a note, Akiko doesn't intend to leave the tower until the others leave Octar- she'll join up with them then. Which is why I'm not posting- there isn't exactly much for her to do at the moment unless she wants to leave her post.

Akiko's situation hasn't really changed, which is why I haven't been posting. I can make something up for her if you'd like me to, but it'll probably just be something passing time.

Mono Vertigo
2013-05-22, 05:38 AM
Want me to shift the scene to the crime scene, or did want to do something else first?

Lykan
2013-05-22, 06:01 AM
I think it might be time for a scene change. That way Amber can actually start doing things with us again. =)P

Mono Vertigo
2013-05-30, 02:44 PM
I should probably have asked it earlier, but: Ecksdee, is Sadako present at the scene? Her presence or absence will determine what's going on next.

AmberVael
2013-06-08, 08:36 PM
Hm, I was looking to make a post, but to be honest I don't think Akiko is doing much of anything worth posting about. She doesn't know the girls, she's feeling rather reticent, and the others are handling the talking just fine. I might post something later on if I'm inspired, but don't feel you need to wait on me.

Mono Vertigo
2013-06-09, 02:47 AM
Alright, thanks for the heads up.

Mono Vertigo
2013-07-21, 07:29 AM
Hi!
I'm currently at my workplace, which turns out has a much scarcer Internet access than expected.
I can probably manage to get online only every 3 days or so.
Situation will be resolved within a month.
Thanks for your understanding!