PDA

View Full Version : Ioulaum's Imbue Mythallar

Calanon
2011-11-23, 02:51 AM
I saw this spell on an old Blog on the Wizard site and after searching for it for what can only be described years (more like 2 days) I can't seem to find an archive of it or any other source of it besides on that blog (The blog in question (http://community.wizards.com/cheyne_daak/blog/2009/09/09/stats_for_karsus)) Its an epic spell that allows a caster to create a Mythallar, I'll level with you on this. I'm pretty desperate to know how this spell was made or any details at all if you have any information (Or would like to take a crack at remaking it) then please, PLEASE help me :smallfrown:

EDIT: Reverse engineered the spell myself :smallredface:

bloodtide
2011-11-23, 01:19 PM
Well, I can tell you that this spell was made by Seth Cole (aka Karsus The Mad on WoTC boards), but I don't have a copy of it. The whole of the WoTC boards, like all the Epic spells, was deleted long, long ago.

Unless someone saved them somewhere....

Calanon
2011-11-23, 02:07 PM
Well, I can tell you that this spell was made by Seth Cole (aka Karsus The Mad on WoTC boards), but I don't have a copy of it. The whole of the WoTC boards, like all the Epic spells, was deleted long, long ago.

Unless someone saved them somewhere....

Well I can work backwards on alot of his other Epic Spells and figure out what seeds they used just by the names (Karsus' Contingent Duplication obviously uses a Shadow Seed) but I can't figure out the factors which is clearly a problem. The only Spell on that list that I can't figure out is that one spell

Since Karsus prohibited field is Invention I can safely assume that it uses non of the following seeds: afflict, armor, conjure, destroy, energy, slay, summon but that was a little obvious :smallannoyed: meaning it can either use Mentalism (banish, compel, conceal, contact, delude, forsee, reveal, shadow) or Variation (animate, animate dead, dispel, fortify, reflect, transform, transport, ward, mythal). This would be a lot easier if I knew Ioulaum's Field Specialization, but I can't seem to find any book that knows that :smallfrown:

I tried finding the old Wizard forum archives but they don't seem to exist... at all. So I've been trying to remake these spells (or find the original sources)