PDA

View Full Version : This Game Will Ruin Your Life

appending_doom
2011-11-23, 08:21 AM
Ryokan is a fantastic city, ruled by the Steel Emperor. It hosts over a million souls, covering the range of nearly every intelligent species found within the planes.

Among the...unique inhabitants of Ryokan are the metal men, the constructs that tirelessly power the city's inner workings.

They search the bags and carts of anyone who enters the city, and to those who announce their reason for visiting, direct them to the Adamant Palace, the central fortress of Ryokan, which stands over a thousand feet tall.

The outside of the fortress is solid adamantine, and shows few features. A pair of metal guards watch a main entrance, through which bureaucrats and ordinary citizens seem to drift in a stream.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-23, 01:00 PM
Jetta walks in the direction fo the palace, but takes time to gawk at the wonders she sees along the way. Like the recently arrived viliage girl she basically is, she is awed by the wonders around her, but then the analytical part of her mind kicks in and she tries to figure out how they work/what they are.

Perception rolls to see how many wonders she notices: (I'm assuming she sees the big buildings and such, at least, and at least notices one member of each common race/creature type in the city.)

Listen:
[roll0]

Spot:
[roll1]

Knowledge Checks (+ Spellcraft):

Arcana:
[roll2]

Arcitecture+ Engineering:
[roll3]

Dungeoneering:
[roll4]

Geography:
[roll5]

History:
[roll6]

Local:
[roll7]

Nature:
[roll8]

Nobility+Royalty:
[roll9]

Religion:
[roll10]

The Planes:
[roll11]

Psionics:
[roll12]

Martial Lore:
[roll13]

Spellcraft:
[roll14]

Psicraft:
[roll15]

ooc
I'm not sure which (if any) of the above checks will have any effect, but Jetta is trying to make sense of the world arround her, with the best tools (she thinks) she has, so I'm putting them out there.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-23, 02:24 PM
The Changeling calling herself Sheena - currently in the guise of a vaguely 'asian' human - stares up at the adamantine-walled monstrosity before her. "...Wow. Not even the castle back home is so..."

She shakes her head. "...Ego," she mutters, heading inside.

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-23, 05:48 PM
Bayard approaches the city gates, and allows the metal men to search him. His wagon is in the nearest stable with his mules right now, so he doesn't have much on him, but looks ready for anything. And hopefully, he is.

Bayard walks more swiftly than most to the Palace, a sense of purpose accompanying each step. If let in, he'll go where directed, but try to stand somewhere where he has a view of everything and has his back to a wall. He'd rather avoid getting stabbed in the back.

Worried he may be a bit paranoid, Bayard uses his ability to detect evil to scan the crowd.

I don't know if I have to make a spellcraft role seeing as how it's an at will paladin ability, but whatevs. [roll0]

appending_doom
2011-11-23, 08:04 PM
@chilings

You see massive airships drifting with glacial slowness. You see carts propelled by magic. You see stores selling magic unknown in your home town, or even smaller nations. You see, above all, the thousand-foot tower that hangs over it all, a mockery of ordinary architectural achievements.

@Techno

You sense occasional, weak and petty auras amongst those travelling into the palace, but nothing that calls out to your soul, nothing like a foul taste of irredeemable evil.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-23, 08:25 PM
Oh... would you look at that!

five seconds later:

Oh... would you look at THAT!

Thus bedazzled, Jetta makes her way to the Adamant Palace, probably tripping a fellow pedestrian or two on the way and all but certainly walking more slowly than some others might like.

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-23, 08:46 PM
((I'll take that to mean I don't need spell checks for my abilities))

Huh. You'd think people like that wouldn't have the conviction to even try, Bayard thinks, enjoying the fact he can hear his thoughts above the crowd. It's not his room to judge, but people with auras like that tend to avoid such onerous tasks as saving the world.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-23, 10:29 PM
As Rurik enters the city, he is focused intently on the architecture and artistry around him. While being directed to the adamantine palace, he asks a few polite questions about their construction and where he is to go.

After this, he closes his eyes and begins to focus on gathering information from Dahver-Nar. As soon as he begins his inner conversation with the once lost soul of his vestige, his stance and demeanor change drastically. The once stoic warrior now gazes upon the world around him with wide-eyed wonder.

: "Oooooohh! Everything is so big and shiny!"

As Rurik walks towards the adamantine palace, he stops again to stare in wonderment at the metallic guards.

[Id]: "*Gasp* You're also big and shiny! Oh! Oh! I want one! Can I have one? Please? Pretty please?!"

[Boss]: "Oh, will you give it a rest. He's not that great. Just a big slab of magic and metal is all."

[Id]: "But he's so big!"

Rurik scoffs momentarily at his own words and pats the metallic guard's groin region with the back of his gloved hand.

[Boss]: "I bet he's not all[I] that big. My money's on there being nothing there. Poor thing. I can sympathize, but not empathize; you know what I mean?"

Rurik laughs boisterously and loudly, then stops and stands completely in silence. After a few seconds he begins to laugh again with a squeaky giggle.

[Id]: "Oh, I get it! Hee hee hee!"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-23, 11:09 PM
As she makes her way to the Palace, Jetts finds herself overwhelmed by the sheer number of sights to behold. Deciding she had best hurry to her destination, she drops to all fours to increase her speed. Before she can stop herself, she slams into a man who seems to be having a conversation with himself near the front gates.

Jetta looks alot like this (except that he's wearing a mithril chain shirt and an explorer's outfit instead of... whatever it is that doll is wearing.): http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x294/chilingsworth/cat-girl-with-lynx-eyes-16inches.jpg(She's not currently using her hat of disguise since there seemed to be enough diversity in the city that her appearance would be unremarkable.)

Oh, I'm so sorry, Mister! I should really be better about watching where I'm going! But, there are just so many sights to see here, I can hardly pay attention to important things like that! Are you okay, Mister? Here, let me fix you up. Again, I'm so sorry!

*She stands up and casts prestdigitation to brush the stranger and herself off.*

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-24, 06:27 AM
Sheena turns to stare at Rurik as he talks to himself. She looks... well, 'horrified' would be a good word to use. "What..."

She continues to stare at Rurik, mouth hanging open slightly.

appending_doom
2011-11-24, 06:45 AM
The guards, busy with the watching of the normal flow of traffic in and out of the palace, take no notice of the gathering band of people near the tower base. Mostly. One of them shoots Rurik an unreadable gaze, a piercing look from glowing red eyes.

From that look, it is clear that the guard's forehead, and, as you look, the others' as well, is marked with an arcane symbol.

@all

Trained only, roll Spellcraft or Knowledge (arcana)

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-24, 06:51 AM
Sheena studies those arcane marks! Hmmm.

Spellcraft! [roll0]

Chilingsworth
2011-11-24, 09:23 AM
Jetta tilts her head quizzically, studying the symbol:

Arcana: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-24, 12:18 PM
Bayard, being a bit further from the palace, notices nothing of the goings-on, though he does look about to see if he recognizes any nobles or any famous figures in the crowd. He cranes his neck to look about, and strains to set apart the sea of words so as to listen to the individual sounds around him instead of one big mess of noise. Hopefully somebody's saying something interesting.
knowledge (nobility and royalty) [roll0]
spot [roll1]
search [roll2]
listen [roll3]

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-24, 11:25 PM
As she makes her way to the Palace, Jetts finds herself overwhelmed by the sheer number of sights to behold. Deciding she had best hurry to her destination, she drops to all fours to increase her speed. Before she can stop herself, she slams into a man who seems to be having a conversation with himself near the front gates.

Jetta looks alot like this (except that he's wearing a mithril chain shirt and an explorer's outfit instead of... whatever it is that doll is wearing.): http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x294/chilingsworth/cat-girl-with-lynx-eyes-16inches.jpg(She's not currently using her hat of disguise since there seemed to be enough diversity in the city that her appearance would be unremarkable.)

Oh, I'm so sorry, Mister! I should really be better about watching where I'm going! But, there are just so many sights to see here, I can hardly pay attention to important things like that! Are you okay, Mister? Here, let me fix you up. Again, I'm so sorry!

*She stands up and casts prestdigitation to brush the stranger and herself off.*

Rurik looks down upon Jetta with the open shocked eyes of child, a massive smile covering his face.

[Id]: "Oooooh! You're so cute! Can we keep it, please? Oh, pretty please?!"

Rurik begins to try and pet Jetta, then his hand pauses in mid-air and curls into a fist and it drops back to his side.

[Boss]: "Foolish child! Can you not see it is a beast? It looks like sewer rat. Though, I didn't know they could grow that big. You should keep your hands back; it might maul you."

[Id]: "Huh? It doesn't look like a rat. It looks like a kitty! I think it's cute. Pretty please!"

Rurik begins to blink uncontrollably and his face becomes stoic and somber. Rubbing his eyes, Rurik looks back down and his stature straightens in shock. He shakes his head slowly and looks back down at Jetta.

[Rurik]: "Hello stranger. I apologize. I did not see you."

Rurik checks his equipment then looks at Jetta's wears.

Spot to see if anything is damaged: [roll0]

[Rurik]: "Nothing is damaged, I hope. If so, I will replace it."

The guards, busy with the watching of the normal flow of traffic in and out of the palace, take no notice of the gathering band of people near the tower base. Mostly. One of them shoots Rurik an unreadable gaze, a piercing look from glowing red eyes.

From that look, it is clear that the guard's forehead, and, as you look, the others' as well, is marked with an arcane symbol.

@all

Trained only, roll Spellcraft or Knowledge (arcana)

ooc: I'm assuming it's obvious to Rurik that he is being stared
at.

Rurik looks intently at the metallic guard and studies the symbol.

If there are similar symbols in psionic arts, he could possibly understand them. If not, then he knows nothing of what is going on. Knowledge Psionics: [roll1]

Feeling a little uneasy about the golem's glare, he asks calmly:

[Rurik]: "Is there a problem?"

Rurik closes his eyes and takes a deep slow breath, attempting to clear his mind and focus.

Concentration: [roll2] (move action to enter psionic focus)
EDIT: Success!

In this moment of meditation, Rurik feels the call of Dahlver-Nar and looses himself again within the depths of his own mind. Eyes still closed, his mouth cracks into a sadistic smile and he stands taller than he did before. His eyes shoot open and looks up at the guard again with a cocky glint in his eyes.

[Boss]: "What're you starin' at ugly? Jealous of my good looks? I don't blame you; if I were you I'd be jealous of the sewer rat-"

[Id]: "It's not a sewer rat! It's a kitty! And I think it's cute. Besides, he doesn't look that...I mean he's not...It's more a...Ummm...Hrmm."

[Boss]: "He's ugly, and I don't like the way he's look at us."

[Id]: "Maybe he's mad. We could make him something to say sorry. Oh, I like that idea! What should it be?"

[Boss]: "I say we make him hurt."

Rurik continues to look at the guard, snarling slightly in irritation, with a mix between a smirk and a scowl on his face.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-24, 11:45 PM
Hey, mister! What's wrong with you, I'm no sewer rat! I'm also noone's pet! *Jetta stands up as straight and tall as she's able (2'10")* (in a meeker voice) Though, as far as mauling you... I doubt I could if I wanted to... Wait, you want to what!? Attacking the guards of a city this size would be suicide, besides I'm pretty sure smashing your fist into metal would only make YOU hurt.

As the man continues to do... whatever it is he's doing, she tries to figure out just what that is, (also, tries to figure out just what he is:

Knowledge Checks:

Arcana: [roll0]

Dungeoneering: [roll1]

Martial Lore: [roll2]

Nature: [roll3]

Psionics: [roll4]

Religion: [roll5]

The Planes: [roll6]

Spellcraft: [roll7]

Psicraft: [roll8]

I'm not sure exactly which of those are applicable to identifying a Manead performing under the influence of psionics and binding, or for recognising mental illness, but I'm putting them all out there. I could add the knowledges I skipped, too, but I'm having trouble seeing how local, history, geography, or arcitecture would help me here.

appending_doom
2011-11-25, 05:57 AM
@Bayard

You see a man with strangely speckled skin wavering between arguing with one of the guards, and talking to a three-foot-tall...rat?

@Sheena

It looks like an arcane mark. Each of the six guards at the tower appear to have different marks.

Roll an Intelligence check

@Jetta

Each soldier appears to have a different mark on their forehead, perhaps the sign of a spell cast on them. Either that, or some sort of modified spell to uniquely identify each guard.

The man appears to be a maenad, which as far as you recall are weird-looking humans with psychic powers. The way he's acting, however, is consistent with rumors you've heard of small sects of magicians who give over their souls to the control of demons for power. Such people show erratic, unpredictable moods and fantastic powers to match.

The metal man who had glared at Rurik turns its head slowly to face him. "Not empty. We've plenty inside these skulls. And I must ask you, sir, if you have a purpose being here. Our Lord is not amenable to allowing people to make scenes outside his palace."

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-25, 08:26 AM
@Bayard
The metal man who had glared at Rurik turns its head slowly to face him. "Not empty. We've plenty inside these skulls. And I must ask you, sir, if you have a purpose being here. Our Lord is not amenable to allowing people to make scenes outside his palace."

Rurik's facial expression changes completely after the guard's words.

[Id]: "Oh, ignore him Mr. He's crazy!"

Immediately after he used the word "crazy", Rurik seems worried about the word's negative connotation. Not wanting to be thrown from the city he starts desperately looking for a better word.

[Id]: "Not crazy, no...Umm...Ballistic!...Wait! No! Ummm...Violent! Yes, violent. I mean, not violent. Uh, volatile! No, not that either. Umm..."

[Boss]: "Daring, dangerous and dashing."

[Id]: "Yes, that...Wait, what? No. Not "dangerous"...Uhhh. Oh boy."

Rurik smacks himself on the forehead in exasperation. Following the metallic thud of a gauntlet hitting the side of a helm, Rurik looks around slightly confused, but with an overall quiescent demeanor.

[Rurik]: "Ah, good day metal man. Where do those seeking to fulfill the kingdom's quests head?"

Rurik peers over his shoulder and spots Jetta again.

[Rurik]: "Ah, yes, so is anything broken? I did not notice any damage. If there is, please inform me and I will cover the replacement costs."

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-25, 08:39 AM
Sheena peers over at Rurik again, before going back to the puzzle of the arcane marks.

Intelligence check a-go-go: [roll0]

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 12:02 PM
Jetta checks herself and her equipment

Hmm... I seem to be fine, other than a bit of dirt from my fall, but I've already fixed that *she smiles* I'm Jetta, by the way, a fellow applicant and most definately not a sewer rat nor a pet, you silly! *she giggles*

She turns to the guard:

I'm sorry, Mr metalman... umm, is there something specifc it would be better to call you? This man and I are both here to answer the Emperor's call. I wouldnt worry about this fellow, his behavior is just a natural sideaffect of the same gifts from which he draws power. I'm sure he's quite functional underneath the eccentricities.

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-25, 01:08 PM
Bayard chuckles to himself and attempts to push through the crowd to the scene, hoping to garner himself some entertainment.
That, and, those three aren't exactly lacking in the looks department.

So a cat, a man with many voices, and a young lady walk into a bar...

Bayard is currently wearing his armor in case anything happens, but I'm certain many people are.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-25, 01:12 PM
Sheena is wearing armour! But she's absolutely unarmed, apparently. Go figure.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 01:50 PM
Jetta is wearing a mithril chain shirt, has a shortbow on her back and a dagger on her belt. She also has retractable claws, being a catgirl and all.

appending_doom
2011-11-25, 01:52 PM
The outward appearance of the guard's expression does not change, but there is a definite shift in its demeanor. "Are you present...together, ma'am?" it asks. It does not seem to recognize her questions about its name.

@Sheena

Every spellcaster's arcane mark is unique. It seems there must be quite a lot of casters marking the guards' foreheads.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 02:25 PM
Jetta's checks turn crimson

To-to-together? No. We're not, we just met here. Umm... does that matter?

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-25, 06:44 PM
Apparently needing no rolls to make it through the crowd, Bayard approaches the trio and the guard with a wide grin on his face.
"Well hello. Whattabouts do we have going here? One can't become a hero if they spend all day chatting up the guards."

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-25, 09:21 PM
Jetta checks herself and her equipment

Hmm... I seem to be fine, other than a bit of dirt from my fall, but I've already fixed that *she smiles* I'm Jetta, by the way, a fellow applicant and most definately not a sewer rat nor a pet, you silly! *she giggles*

She turns to the guard:

I'm sorry, Mr metalman... umm, is there something specifc it would be better to call you? This man and I are both here to answer the Emperor's call. I wouldnt worry about this fellow, his behavior is just a natural sideaffect of the same gifts from which he draws power. I'm sure he's quite functional underneath the eccentricities.

Rurik looks puzzled at Jetta's remark.

[Rurik]: "My martial training has had little effect on my mind set. We Maenads are a sternly logical and quiet group. Does my lack of expression seem eccentric to you?"

Rurik believes he is suffering from short term memory loss, and isn't not entirely aware that other facets of his personality are surfacing, though he has had some hints; he hasn't put the pieces together yet.

Rurik is wearing all of his equipment and his backpack. He rarely removes, or does not don his armor when he wakes up. After awakening, he swiftly equips himself; a lesson learned at the academy.

The outward appearance of the guard's expression does not change, but there is a definite shift in its demeanor. "Are you present...together, ma'am?" it asks. It does not seem to recognize her questions about its name.

Jetta's checks turn crimson

To-to-together? No. We're not, we just met here. Umm... does that matter?

[Rurik]: "But I imagine we are together. If we are both here seeking employ from the Emperor, logic would dictate far greater success rates with a larger group of companions. If our goal is the same, should we not unite your forces?"

Apparently needing no rolls to make it through the crowd, Bayard approaches the trio and the guard with a wide grin on his face.
"Well hello. Whattabouts do we have going here? One can't become a hero if they spend all day chatting up the guards."

[Rurik]: "Agreed. It would seem most of the well equipped and worn warriors are entering the black palace over yonder. I imagine our charge-to-be lies within. Shall we?"

Rurik makes a brief sweeping motion with his hand, indicating the others should lead.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 10:21 PM
Rurik looks puzzled at Jetta's remark.

[Rurik]: "My martial training has had little effect on my mind set. We Maenads are a sternly logical and quiet group. Does my lack of expression seem eccentric to you?"

"No, it's not your lack of expression that seems eccentric, it's your apparent rapid mood swings, as if you have different people occupying your body simultaneously, that seems eccentric. Judging form this and other symptoms, I'd guess your training is not entirely martial, though I'll refrain from discussing my actual suspicions in public for politness' sake. Suffice it to say I'm not so superstitious as some rumor mongers seem to be, judging by what I've heard said about people with symptoms like yours."

[Rurik]: "But I imagine we are together. If we are both here seeking employ from the Emperor, logic would dictate far greater success rates with a larger group of companions. If our goal is the same, should we not unite your forces?"
"You have a point, I guess, I just didn't want anyone to think... you know... uh, not that I mean to say you're repulsive or anything.. umm... umm "*she stammers*

[Rurik]: "Agreed. It would seem most of the well equipped and worn warriors are entering the black palace over yonder. I imagine our charge-to-be lies within. Shall we?" *She nods, recovering her composure and henceforth acting like nothing happened* "Yes, lets."

Rurik makes a brief sweeping motion with his hand, indicating the others should lead.

"Good point, sirah. Care to join us as we see what his Majesty's viceroy can make of us? For that matter, why not you as well, miss (to Sheena)? The more, the merrier, afterall! I'm Jetta, by the way, and what might I call you all? Come on, we can talk as we walk!(To Sheena, Rubik, and Baynard?)"

*As she says this, she goes to all fours and walks into the palace.*

Jetta's race can move at a rate of 30 feet on all fours as opposed to 20 feet on two legs, so long as they are lightly armored and carrying no more than a light load.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-25, 10:24 PM
The 'human' looks rather taken aback as she's talked to. "I... what? Bu..." but she's lead along anyway. She sighs a bit. ...I hope this is a good idea, Father...

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-26, 01:14 AM
[Rurik]: "Agreed. It would seem most of the well equipped and worn warriors are entering the black palace over yonder. I imagine our charge-to-be lies within. Shall we?"

"Ah, smart man. Quick thinking. Good habit, that. I'm not here to be a savior, though. Related business."

"Good point, sirah. Care to join us as we see what his Majesty's viceroy can make of us? For that matter, why not you as well, miss (to Sheena)? The more, the merrier, afterall! I'm Jetta, by the way, and what might I call you all? Come on, we can talk as we walk!(To Sheena, Rubik, and Baynard?)"

*As she says this, she goes to all fours and walks into the palace.*

Jetta's race can move at a rate of 30 feet on all fours as opposed to 20 feet on two legs, so long as they are lightly armored and carrying no more than a light load.
"I'm Sir Bayard Lightsmith, Knight-Cavalier-Errant of the Order of the Hound," Bayard bows, but when he stands back up, Jetta's already started heading towards the palace, so he speaks to Rurik and Sheena as he follows.
"Ooh, energetic. I like it. Can we keep her," Bayard asks as if he's been a major friend of Sheena and Rurik for some time.

The 'human' looks rather taken aback as she's talked to. "I... what? Bu..." but she's lead along anyway. She sighs a bit. ...I hope this is a good idea, Father...

"No need to force words if you haven't got 'em yet, come on. The little...cat has it right! Sure to be an interesting day, now, innit?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-26, 12:12 PM
*One stopage by the guards later*

Oh, sorry, wasn't we supposed to go in here?

*Jetta looks confused and her cheeks turn red*

Umm... could you tell us where the answerers of the Emperor's call are supposed to go, then?

appending_doom
2011-11-26, 01:37 PM
"Well, if any of you had planned to arrive with...other companions, you must remain out here until they arrive. If you were otherwise traveling alone, or if these are your companions, I can lead you right inside to where you need to go," the guard says. "The vice-roy will explain everything you need to know."

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-26, 02:14 PM
"These are my companions," the 'human' says, suddenly. "We're not waiting for anyone else. May be enter? We think that one of us may be a hero foretold by the prophecies."

Should I roll Bluff or something?

appending_doom
2011-11-26, 02:35 PM
The guard laughs, an oddly mechanical, metallic sound that echoes in its chest. "That is for the viceroy to determine. Come."

He turns, and steps to the side of the door to the palace. Another guard appears from within to replace the prior guard, while the one leading the small group walks several dozen feet around the palace base before stopping at an unremarkable stretch of wall. "Takeli-uur," he states, and a five-foot-wide section of the wall's surface ripples, as tall as a standard door. "Step inside, and you will have your interview with the viceroy," the guard commands.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-26, 02:43 PM
As they are lead to the viceroy, Jetta speaks her mind.
Actually, I just met these guys, but sometimes fate determines who your companions will be rather than your plans. So, I'm willing to link myself with them. *Jetta smiles*

*She seems thoughtful, as she considers Baynard* (Knowledge Checks here)

Let's see what I know about the Order of the Hound:

Knowledge: History [roll0]

Knowledge: Nobility [roll1]

Knowledge: Religion [roll2]

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-26, 02:46 PM
Sheena looks at Jetta quickly, then sighs. THen, she attempts to engage the metal man in conversation! "I notice each of your kind bears an arcane mark. There appear to be several. Do you have many mages working in the citadel?"

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-26, 06:42 PM
"Hey, who makes a better ragtag team than a bunch of odd ones out and a human girl who just met? Friends under fire? Battle forged bonds? Better in bed? Something along those lines," Baynard chuckles until the magic door is opened.
"Sometimes I think I should've been a wizard..."

((For appending doom))
I dunno what the DC would be for it, but a nobility or history roll would reveal that the Order of the Hound was a small group of highly active knights that was torn apart by a civil war in some northern countries. The survivors tend to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders about the ordeal.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-26, 09:18 PM
As the others banter back and forth, seemingly engaged in conversation or deep thought, Rurik simple remarks:

[Rurik]: "Excellent."

as the magic door is opened before their eyes.

He turns to the guard in a moment of query.

[Rurik]: "Excuse me, sir, but will your viceroy have tests for us or will this be a peaceful meeting of minds?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-26, 09:33 PM
Jetta tut-tuts at Baynard, her tone suggesting (mostly) mock outrage:

"Better in Bed?!" What kind of girl do you think I am?!

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-27, 03:10 AM
Bayard flashes Jetta a mischievous smile as he peers inside the doorway.
"Hopefully the flexible kind."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-27, 11:32 AM
*Jetta snorts and shakes her head at Baynard, then enters the newly revealed room*

appending_doom
2011-11-27, 11:45 AM
The guard glances at Sheena and shrugs. "That question is not within my purview to answer." He offers a similar shrug to Rurik. "We were directed to deliver self-proclaimed heroes to this entrance, and to instruct the heroes that they would secure an interview with the viceroy. If there is more, I was not told as much."

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-27, 12:23 PM
Sheena stares straight ahead. "...Well, let's get to the Viceroy as soon as possible, hm?" It's unclear who she's talking to.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-28, 09:01 AM
Upon hearing Sheena's words Rurik replies emotionlessly, sounding more like a soulless construct than the metal man before them.

[Rurik]: "Agreed."

Assuming they are now permitted to enter the secret room, Rurik advances. Before entering he seems ponderous, but shakes away the nagging thoughts at the back of his mind and continues, following Jetta through the doorway.

Expecting some kind of "test of mettle", a hand is casually resting by his side almost touching the pommel of his longsword and his shield is partially raised to protect his ribs but not so much as to appear threatening.

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-28, 01:59 PM
Bayard shrugs and strides proudly into the room, a wide grin on his face.
"Onward and upward, then!"

appending_doom
2011-11-29, 05:21 PM
The passage beyond is almost pitch-black, and, at first glance, of indistinguishable size. Sounds echo oddly within it.

Jetta, Bayard

The room is about 60 feet across, and wholly unremarkable except for its adamantine construction. The wall behind you appears unmarked, and ahead of you, it opens into a simple five-foot passageway

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 06:52 PM
does Jetta's 60 darkvision make things any clearer for her?

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-29, 06:57 PM
I'm assuming he told us that because of our darkvision.

Bayard calls out.
"Hello? Viceroy? Anybody waiting on us in there? Perhaps a test of skill or valor?"
Bayard looks back at Rurik and Sheena, and thinks for a moment.
" Hold on, I've got an extra sunrod in here, I just know it..." he digs around in his belt pouches and withdraws one of the golden sticks. He strikes it across his shield, lighting it.
"Any better?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 07:23 PM
I forgot you had darkvision, too.:smallredface:

(looking at her other teammates) Hmm... is it too dark for you guys in here? I can fix... ah, nevermind, thanks Baynard. I can save the spell for another use.

*she smiles*

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 07:30 PM
Yes, where are you, Viceroy?

Oh... *her face lights up with an idea*

She sings:

"Oh Viceroy, viceroy, wont you hear what we have to say/ Viceroy, viceroy, what is this game you play?/ Viceroy, viceroy your heroes are here, don't you see?/ Viceroy, viceroy those heroes be we!"

perform check:
[roll0] And yes, I pulled the lyrics out of my... and judging from the check roll, it shows!
Also, as part of this performance, using inspire courage with inspirational boost. Everyone has Inspire Courage bonuses +3.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-11-29, 10:23 PM
As the light from Bayard's sunrod shines, Rurik steps forward.

[Rurik]: "If you will, please allow me to go first. You light permits me vision and I would rather myself or Bayard engage any unfriendly foes first."

Rurik draws his longsword slowly and methodically. the shine from the sunrod dances across the blade and Rurik taps the point of his sword across the painted symbol of the Red Knight on the metal plate of his shield, causing a sharp metallic beat to coincide with Jetta's music.

Rurik whispers:

[Rurik]: "And the knight said, let the unholy fall upon me like snow upon the mountain tops, so that they may know the righteous resign them to fail."

TechnoScrabble
2011-11-29, 10:53 PM
Bayard grins at Jetta and Rurik.
"Catchy tune and a catchy quote. You fellows are alright," he steps to the side to let Rurik take the lead, then steps up beside him, but a little behind him, and motions for Jetta and Sheena to follow them closely, but not too closely.
"For I am Alpha and Omega, the first and last time of defense. Let it be known that no matter the challenge, no matter if I fail again and again, no matter if my fellows before me are swept aside like sands in the tide, I shall always stand, I shall always protect, I shall always cherish."

Bayard chuckles a little bit once his little speech is done.
"Meat shields always get the best speeches, don't we, eh buddy?" he nudges at Rurik.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 11:16 PM
*Breaking her bardic music to allow communication, and allowing her "meatshield" companions to take point*

Thank you for the compliment, Baynard, but I'm pretty sure I would have sounded utterly horrible had I not invested some of my magic into that song. My mentor would have had me returning to the Do- Ra- Mi's for a week after that one. And, yes that was a nice speech. Is that your order's creed? In anycase, I don't think of you guys as "meatshields." No, I hope we'll be friends, as well as allies, and protect eachother using our own specific skills. *She smiles*

for appending_doom:
did the knowledge checks you had me roll on Baynard's order give me anything? They're posted a few posts up.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-01, 06:09 PM
Bayard shakes his head.
"The Order didn-doesn't have a creed. Well, there is a battle cry or motto of sorts that I guess could be called a creed. Ut bonorum praesidium quam canem. Roughly translated, it means 'We guard as the loyal hound'."
Bayard calls out into the tunnels again, his shield hand also holding his sunrod and his free hand going to the pouch by his sword.
"Haaallloooo? Anybody in there? We'd like it if any nearby beings would state their intentions and whether or not they include harming us!"

appending_doom
2011-12-01, 06:21 PM
The shouting doesn't appear to attract any response from down the passageway. If the group wants a response it's going to have to chase it down themselves.

The Order of the Hound

The Order is a defunct order of knights, since disbanded due to the northern nations it functioned in falling into complete civil war. The actions of a number of dark cults appeared to have led up to the dissolution of the order; no more than a few members of the order can be found anywhere, and they are often close-mouthed about it.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-01, 07:10 PM
'Guard like a failthful hound,' eh? Hope that doesn't include cat-chasing. *she winks teasingly.* Hmm... I think we have to go inside. *she sighs* Maybe this is part of our test. What kind of heroes would we be if we can't face a little darkness? Come on, Baynard, guys who haven't told me their names yet, let's go! *she then enters the hallway, beconing the others to follow her.*

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-01, 07:40 PM
Baynard not only follows but charges forward without warning, grinning gleefully and bending down to scoop up Jetta and put her on his back if able! He holds his shield out front (hand still grasping the strap alongside the sunrod), and his left hand stays on the hilt of his longsword!
"ALLONS-Y! Heroes go where angels fear to tread!"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-01, 08:43 PM
EEP! Wha...what are you doing? Oh, piggyback ride? OKAY! *holds on* You could have asked me first, though! (sounding a trifle cross)

ooc:
Jetta is 2'10" and 22 lbs. (something like 40 lbs with her gear) I'm pretty sure you can carry her, though you might be put to a medium load, depending on your gear.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-01, 09:14 PM
Bayard left anything he didn't think he would need in town in his cart, so he's just under his light load limit of 76.

appending_doom
2011-12-03, 04:47 PM
Exploration yields a short hallway, which gives way from adamantine to rough stone almost immediately. The hallway branches into a left and right pathway after twenty feet or so. The left path stretches about thirty feet out, and the other forty. There looks to be a path branching off from the left path about twenty feet along. The halls are oddly quiet.

@all

Listen checks

Chilingsworth
2011-12-03, 05:55 PM
Jetta listens as best she can:

[roll0]... Surprisingly well for how ditzy she is.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-03, 06:02 PM
[roll0]

Bayard looks down one hallway, then the other.
"Huh. I hate making choices like this. Let's pause here and search for any traps or secret doors real quick. That's what dungeons usually have, right?"

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-03, 08:46 PM
Sheena makes a Listen check!

[roll0]

Chilingsworth
2011-12-03, 09:16 PM
From Baynard's back (where she's made herself more or less comfortable)

Yes, dungeons usually have traps. Are any of us skilled in dealing with them? I know I'm not, any way. I could inspire a searcher, though. It would cost me some of my musical magic to do it, and it isn't the best use of that magic, but it is an option. Umm... a better use might be to inspire skill in disarming traps if we find any?

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-03, 09:53 PM
Having followed absentmindedly, Rurik snaps back to reality in light of the conversation at hand. He give no more than a slight nod, then tilts his neck t an awkward angle, as if a noise has caught his attention.

[roll0]

Rurik then shakes his head slightly, as if waking from a dream or attempting to ignore his imagination running wild.

[Rurik]: "I believe your magic would be better suited elsewhere, should we have a skilled trap-smith. If not, we should find one."

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-04, 02:58 AM
"I wasn't trained in trap-smithing as a squire, but I'm certain there's some way or another we could figure out if there are any traps. I wasn't expecting a dungeon delve today, most of my equipment is in my cart...but perhaps..."

Bayard looks about the hall the group is already in, not risking going down either of the pathways. He's hoping to find some stones or similar objects that could be tossed down the halls to activate any pressure or proximity traps.
[roll0]

Wow...the forum roller hates me. I should've taken ten.

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-04, 04:50 AM
Sheena says nothing about traps, although she does begin to pay a little more attention to their surroundings.

Gonna roll Search to see if I can find any traps. [roll0] Just in case. :smallwink:

Wow, okay, that was awful. 6?

appending_doom
2011-12-04, 09:19 AM
No traps make themselves evident at the party's search, and most of the group hears nothing of interest.

@Jetta

You hear...something that you think echoes from the right passage. The distance and echoes conspire to keep you from identifying anything more than that.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-04, 02:52 PM
Jetta's ears twitch

I... think there's... something down the right passage. I have no idea what, though.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-04, 09:46 PM
Bayard turns to the right path.
"Hmmm..."
He fishes a copper coin out of his pocket and throws it down the hall as far as he can.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-04, 10:25 PM
Rurik looks ponderous for a moment. As he watches the copper coin fly down the path he shakes his head slowly.

[Rurik]: "If none of us are trained to dismantle traps, I would request to go first. I think it unlikely that the cooper coin is heavy enough to activate any of the mundane traps ahead, should their be any, though it may gain the attention of magical wards.."

Rurik looks over at Bayard and taps him on the shoulder to get his attention.

[Rurik]: "If I may, Sir Knight, have a word..."

He peers over his shoulder with some worry in his eyes.

[Rurik]: "...in private."

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-05, 03:10 AM
"A good point, I was just hoping...Er...yes, just a moment," Bayard will gently lower Jetta from his back and follow Rurik to a quieter corner.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 03:15 AM
*Jetta Pouts and sniffs*

And I was just getting comfortable!

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-05, 03:24 AM
"Don't worry, there'll be plenty of other times you can get comfortable on me," Bayard says.
"Pfft! I just realized that could be taken a certain...ah, to hell with formality, I meant it that way, too."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 03:49 AM
*Jetta coughs*

You realise the difficultlies our size difference could cause, I hope, Big boy?

ooc:
Jetta is 2'10" (about 86.4 cm) tall and 22 lbs. (just under 10 Kg)

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-05, 03:52 AM
"Eh, that or it'll be more fun. The gnomish women in the caravan that came by the keep every so often thought so," Bayard smirks. It's a rather odd smirk, given his differently shaped lips (being draconic, his are thinner but more pointed).

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-05, 09:10 AM
Sheena facepalms a little bit. "...Can you please save the flirting for when we might not currently be in danger?" She looks down the right corridor... then tentatively starts to walk down it.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-05, 03:29 PM
Err... sorry! *Jetta's face turns crimson* Yes, you have a point.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-05, 08:46 PM
Rurik wraps his sword-bearing arm around Bayard and pulls him aside gently. As he speaks, he does so with a self-conscious whisper.

[Rurik]: "My abilities, Sir Knight, permit me to share my burdens and injuries with others, if they be willing. Seeing as we have no trained trap-smith among us, I would request to go down the right path ahead of the others; perhaps 10 or 20 feet. Any traps meant to deal heinous wounds may fall upon but will not harm our cohorts. With this in mind, however, success and survivability for our group would be increased by having another to share my pain. As the others are not suited well for such a task, will you aid me?"

Rurik sighs softly.

[Rurik]: "This is not something I ask lightly, but having another to share my sensations would permit you the ability to tell what lies ahead without verbal communication, which we should keep limited if foes await our approach."

As he finishes talking, Rurik turns around to observe the others. Noticing Sheena walking ahead he turns quickly to Bayard and says:

[Rurik]: "If yee be willing, let me know...quietly. I will not have our companions fall due to some minor test of mettle."

Then, he clasps Bayard on the shoulder and hurries to match Sheena's pace and position. Once he has caught up, he begins to peer about cautiously. He throws a quick, curious glance to Sheena.

[Rurik]: "What do you see?"

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-06, 12:08 AM
"I agree. It would be wiser for you and I to take any wounds, especially considering my...skills when it comes to treating said injuries, though I think my armor may be better for blocking any blows..." Bayard turns to Sheena, "Hey, I'd flirt with all three of you and my reflection at once, but it'd get a bit distracting then."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-08, 12:44 AM
Jetta sniffs at Baynard's idea of multitasking

Listen check:
[roll0] wait, did you just continue your secret conversation out loud?

appending_doom
2011-12-08, 07:34 AM
Sheena's venture down the right corridor is uneventful; it turns left after about forty feet, yielding about another 20 feet of hallway, and yet another turn.

@Sheena

Listen

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-08, 07:59 AM
Sheena uses those ears her mother gave her. Badly. She's going to have to invest some ranks in Listen one of these days.

[roll0]Now with added roll tags!

Edit: Jesus Christ how did I manage to screw that up twice in a row.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-08, 10:29 AM
"WAIT!" Bayard calls to Sheena, running forward to grab her and pull her back, "'s not safe! I mean, probably not, it might be, but we don't know!"

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-08, 08:51 PM
Rurik looks at Bayard and Sheena, then brushes past them.

[Rurik]: "That is why I will go first. If I am incapacitated or others are wounded, we need you, Sir Knight. It is only logical that I proceed ahead of the rest of you to guarantee your safety."

He proceeds to move slowly down the path, taking cautious steps and moving slowly. He peers about with determination in his eyes.

Moving 15ft per round instead of 20.

Spot: [roll0]

Take Total Defense and Ready and an action to attack any opponents that appear.

I'm assuming that if I'm entering the same area and proceeding past Sheena, I would also be permitted a listen check. If not, disregard the roll below.

Listen: [roll1]

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-10, 02:06 PM
"Erm...sir...guy...person, don't you think you should form that wound link you were talking about earlier?" Bayard calls softly.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-10, 03:34 PM
Wait... what's this about a wound-sharing ritual?

And, yeah... you two *points at Rurik and Sheena* haven't given us names to use for you. Feel free to give us pseudonyms if you want, but if you don't give us something, Baynard and I will have to give you nicknames, and you know how embarrasing those can be!

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-10, 05:58 PM
Sheena flinches at Bayard's touch, shrugging him off. "...Don't. Touch me."

Jetta is glanced at for a moment. "...Sheena."

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-11, 11:30 PM
Rurik closes his eyes i concentration for a moment, then lets out a strange moaning sound, which seems to come forth from multiple areas at once. Afterwards he coughs, both out of need and due to the awkwardness of the ritual.

Rurik activates Shield Self as a standard action, with Bayard as the target.

Then, with great pride, Rurik stands tall and at attention, shield and sword at his sides. He turns to bow slightly at his compatriots and says:

[Rurik]: "I am Rurik Vanvordian, fourth of ten, finder of the lost and defender of the Maenad people."

As he turns back to continue down the passageway, he accidentally knocks his head against the wall, causing a quiet but audible metallic bonking noise. After, he continues his advance down the passageway, but says quietly to himself.

[Boss]: "And I'm a boss."

Then giggles under his breath like a little child.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-12, 11:41 AM
"Apologies," Bayard removes his hand and bows his head.
"And nice to finally get your name, Sir Vanvordian. Lead the way and I'll watch your back with a VIGILANCE YET UNSEEN BY MORTAL EYES!" Bayard grins cheesily. He LOVES adventures!

appending_doom
2011-12-12, 06:48 PM
"I don't much trust the vigilance of your eyes," a quiet voice mutters from up ahead the next bend. A moment later, a stocky half-elf woman appears from behind it. Her clothing, worn and torn, shows evidence of long time without access to a clothing store (and her odor long distance from a bath). She wears a long staff over her back, but otherwise looks mostly harmless.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-12, 07:35 PM
(Huh. Thought I had a better spot modifier than that.)

Bayard grins slyly at the woman.
"And I don't much trust the vigilance of your tailor. Is that the new fashion in Highdown? Because I love it. Now, since you've been so kind as to reveal yourself, mind telling us what's around that corner?"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-12, 08:25 PM
Umm... Baynard, I'd be more polite. In all probability, she's our equal in capabilities, or nearly so at the least. Also, her manner of dress and choice of equipment makes me guess she may be one of the spellcasters known as "druids." The elven village in which I was raised had one, they can be quite powerful, possibly more so than a priest or arcanist, depending on specific situation.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-12, 10:49 PM
"I spent a year with a druid. And a year with some nixies and a nymph. I gotta say, the fey were a lot more hospitable than the Greenfather and his bears. I wasn't trained to look for things in dark places, unfortunately, I was trained to apprehend them, befriend them, kill them, or serve them, depending on the situation. I've added sleeping with them to the list only recently," Bayard grins, but keeps his free hand on his sword.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-12, 11:45 PM
Rurik regards the woman in tattered attire peculiarly. His eyes narrow and his sword rises, but only slightly, the tip forward but still pointing at the ground (45 degrees from his leg). As he speaks, his words come out gruff and low.

[Boss]: "I've never taken to trusting strangers met is dark places. I don't know about them-"

Rurik tilts his head, gesturing to his compatriots.

[Boss]: "but I'm a little preoccupied with who in the blue hell you are and what you're doing here."

After addressing the lady in the torn clothes, his eyes open big and he begins to smile and giggle uncontrollably.

[Id]: "Oh, oh! I know! We're here to meet the...vise...vises...eviscerator or something right? Maybe she's here for the same thing.
"
After a few words he looks starkly down upon the floor as if judging the stones for their idiocy.

[Boss]: "Don't be stupid, moron. Who'd visit some pompous royal fart wearing that? I've seen better dressed slaves and prisoners of war."

[Id]: "So she's in trouble...?"

[Boss]: "That's not what I said!"

[Id]: "We should help her."

Rurik begins to nod sagely and with determination, his head bobbing up and down before it is stopped mid-bob, as if by an outstretched hand.

[Boss]: "Will you shut up! She probably a very scantly dressed trap. I know people like Sir Pious the Perverted who'd fall for that. I say we cut her down now and save the 'I told you so's for later."

[Id]: "You're just a big meany! I say we let the other people and the kitty decide. They seem nice."

Rurik sighs and shrugs.

[Boss]: "Fine, but if anything starts to smell fishy, I reserve the right to say 'I told you so' right before we die."

Focusing back upon the lady in the torn clothing, Rurik shakes his head irritatedly.

[Boss]: "Don't try anything funny, tuts. This sword isn't just a piece of life-sized phallic imagery."

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-13, 12:38 AM
Bayard looks confused at first, when Rurik begins speaking to himself. Towards the end, though, he's chuckling uncontrollably and finally, he guffaws, a tear rolling from his eyes.
"I'm sorry! That's just...what just happened was...ooooh-ho-ho, that was glorious!"

He's suddenly grim.
"Seriously, though. Try anything and I promise, it'll be the first time a woman didn't enjoy me running them through. With my sword. That's the joke. Spook us, and we go shankity shank, not smoochity smooch," back to smiles again!, "That's the worst case scenario, though. I'm sure we can all get through this with smiles, good humor, and each other's inn numbers."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-13, 02:13 AM
Please calm down, Rurik.

*Jetta simply glares at Baynard, her claws twitching in and out of their fleshy sheaths*

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-13, 02:23 AM
Sheena lets out another slight sigh. "If we're going to be working together we need to work out some sort of role system or something. This is getting to be a little ridiculous..."

She doesn't react much to the presence of the half-elf, except to keep her eyes on her.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-13, 02:54 AM
Distrated from her glowering, Jetta retracts her claws and turns to Sheena.

I'm sorry, Sheena, I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Do you mean our combat roles? devising such a system would be difficult since we don't really know eachother's abilities. Hmm... maybe we should find some sort of training ground to practice on?

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-13, 04:49 AM
"I think she means, 'That annoying as all swirly hell knight needs to learn his place'," Bayard keeps his eyes on the tunnel elf, "And whatever of the many stupid things I just said insulted you, I apologize. It's how I deal with things. Things like creepy tunnels and strange people in said creepy tunnels. Better for my nerves."

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-13, 06:04 AM
"More along the lines of who gets to do the talking to strangers, yes. Rurik, for example, should not be allowed to do the talking." Sheena manages to stay relatively composed.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-13, 11:15 AM
"Hmm. We're going to need to work out a circle of mutual respect here if we're going to work together. Pardon us for a second, ma'am," Bayard nods to the elf.
"Firstly, I would like to apologize for my entirely unchivalrous behavior previously."

appending_doom
2011-12-13, 05:32 PM
The elf listens to this exchange with far less alarm than most people would when hearing significant portions of a heavily-armed party advocating gutting her (whatever the circumstances). When the group steps away, she merely watches with an even smile, although her eyes are fixed quite intently on Sheena.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-14, 01:15 AM
Rurik blinks surprised when he hears his name uttered by Sheena. With a squeaky and gleeful voice he states:

[Id]: "Oh, you've got it all wrong. Rurik isn't the problem, he just works too much. Boss on the other hand is a loud-mouthed meany!"

As he finishes his sentence, an angry growl comes from between his lips.

[Boss]: "Will you shut up, you little worm! I'm just looking out for us; someone has to and you sure as hell won't do it. You'd rather prance about with your paintbrushes and chicken legs."

Then Rurik begins to sob and sniffle.

[Id]: "See what I mean!...You're a jerk!"

The tears stop almost as suddenly as they started and Rurik stammers to himself at a loss for what to do.

[Boss]: "Oh jeez. Come on kid, don't cry. I was just...wait-"

Rurik stops mid-sentence and peers over at the half-elf woman.

[Boss]: "Why haven't you tried to gt us yet? We're all busy arguing like a bunch of school children after the same toy. It would have been the perfect chance. If you are a slave, then go, get! The exit is that way."

Rurik bobs his head int he direct from which the group just came.

appending_doom
2011-12-14, 05:42 AM
"I'm not looking for the exit," the woman says, rolling her eyes. "I've been wandering around here for several days already - that way leads nowhere interesting." She jerks her head back from the way she's come from. "I'm trying to find the Viceroy. And I'm afraid that the odds are far too good for me to try and take all of you on at once." She offers a thin smile, so it's not clear whether she's actually joking or not.

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-14, 12:26 PM
Sheena peers equally intently at the elven woman, studying inquisitively, although she doesn't say anything.

Does Sheena recognise her?

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-15, 01:20 PM
"I'm...not sure I believe you, ma'am. No offense meant, but when somebody randomly shows up in a dark tunnel you're traversing to find the Viceroy of a nation-which I find rather odd-It's a safe bet to see them as a test or a threat at first," Bayard explains.

Yuki Akuma
2011-12-15, 01:23 PM
Sheena peers at the woman curiously, then glances at Bayard. "...We're here to find the Viceroy. Remember? We can't imagine we're the only prospective heroes."

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-18, 02:25 AM
"Seems sensible enough, though I worry these tunnels may lead to unworthy aspirants being injured..."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-21, 06:11 AM
Indeed it would be unlikely we'd be the only candidates.

*Jetta then turns to the half-elf*

So miss, if you're a fellow applicant, maybe we could work together? Afterall, There's sure to be ample work for heroes with the crisis the emperor is concerned over coming down. So, we need not treat eachother as competition.

Diplomacy Check:
[roll0]

appending_doom
2011-12-29, 07:24 PM
"Well, as long as you're heading there, I might as well join you. But I'm afraid fate isn't as accomodating as you," she says with a wink. "Those of us destined to do so will be heroes, and the others...won't."

appending_doom
2012-01-02, 01:00 PM
"If you're up for it, we can head down the left path, as there's nothing worth seeing this way."

Chilingsworth
2012-01-02, 05:30 PM
Sure, why not? I'm Jetta, by the way. I'll let the others introduce themselves, miss... ?

Yuki Akuma
2012-01-02, 05:34 PM
"Sheena," the one who calls herself Sheena replies, giving the absolute-stranger-honest a look, before heading down the left path!

She keeps her eyes open for traps and stuff, too.

Search! [roll0]

appending_doom
2012-01-04, 06:26 PM
The left path reveals no traps, but quickly opens on the right through a stone archway into a large room populated by a medium-sized flock of chickens.

The half-elf trails at the back of the group.

TechnoScrabble
2012-01-05, 12:32 AM
Bayard has no ckue how to rreact, and it shows.

Chilingsworth
2012-01-05, 08:16 AM
For some reason, I suspect we would be unwise to attack or otherwise annoy these chickens overmuch.

Yuki Akuma
2012-01-05, 09:17 AM
Sheena stops dead in her tracks. Her eyes widen.

"Chickens!" she exclaims, letting out a giggle of glee, before promptly running towards the feathered fowl.

She seems to have lost about ten years of her emotional age, right there.

"Look, look! Chi-" she says, looking towards the elven woman, before suddenly stopping herself.

Chilingsworth
2012-01-12, 03:45 AM
Yes, chickens.

Good for their eggs, and for their tasty meat. But some chickens, it is said, have a racial memory of sorts of wrongs done to them and others of their kind. It would be unwise to attack or otherwise molest these without knowing they aren't of such a variety.