PDA

View Full Version : X-men - deceiving campaign

lorddrake
2011-11-23, 12:23 PM
The other day I saw this thread about this DM that created a game that would be pokemon but his players shouldn't discover it right away...

seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221153)

I was fascinated by the idea and wanted to do it to my players, but I was thinking they would find it better if they knew the reference pretty well. And I decided a x-man-like game.

With some inspiration here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223552)

And I'd love some feedback. What would happen? What characters would they meet? How would they be statted?

Any tips, suggestions, etc is welcome!

Toliudar
2011-11-23, 03:02 PM
toad might be built as a pyrokineticist.
Magneto as a shaper psion.
Mystique as a changeling factotum.
Pyro as a warmage or a Frank & K style Fire Mage.
Sabretooth - shifter frenzied berserker or psychic warrior.
White Queen - telepath psion.

lorddrake
2011-11-23, 05:50 PM
Nice. And how the story would go for the PCs? If I put them in a house for the gifted adventurers with a bold psion would be pretty obvious... Is there an story arc that wouldn't be easily noticeable? What about asteroid M?

Any reading necessary?

And a favor, if you're posting a class, feat or PrC would you be kind to put the book in which it is in? Because I have access to book, but awful memory and don't always know where all the stuff are. I thank in advance.

togapika
2011-11-23, 06:27 PM
toad might be built as a pyrokineticist.

I think you mean Acetokineticist...

suhkkaet
2011-11-23, 06:52 PM
The PC's could be the "new" x-men. That is, a replacement for the standard Wolverine and Co.
They could meet by being shunned by others ("normal humans"), until they found a gathering place somewhere.
You could make it a low magic/psychic game, where "commoners" fear (or desire) the "power" (you know, the standard oppressive magic-users, but here, the magic-users run and hide because their powers aren't all powerful). Whenever the PC's use their "abilities", there are risks that bystanders will attack them. Or maybe they'll flee, and the "news" will be that there are some evil magic/psychic users (the PCs) on the loose.
I'd probably use a modern setting vs. the standard medieval-ish fantasy setting - but it could still work. News would travel slower, that's granted, but there might be other things that are advantageous.

So..
Have the PCs meet because they have been shunned by their (former) peers when they develop their powers.
You can even have them be the new "baddies", if they are more like Magneto than, say, the professor.

Watch the newest(?) X-men movie, and/or read some of the backstory comics, a lot of inspiration should come from that.
I've heard that the newest movie doesn't follow the comics (and general lore) all too well, but by using a young professor, they might not catch the reference.

Zonugal
2011-11-23, 07:03 PM
What level are you ranging for?

togapika
2011-11-23, 07:35 PM
That chick with the psychic armor could possibly be a synthesist summoner

lorddrake
2011-11-23, 07:49 PM
What level are you ranging for?

I haven't really thought about that until now, but I guess 10. This way they have power, but not overpower...

Zonugal
2011-11-23, 11:42 PM
Well it seems like, in my mind, that the quintessential element that one could adapt from the X-Men into D&D would be persecution. I mean that is the signature thematic element of the series and because of its universality it can be used in a variety of different stories.

With that said how do we take that thematic element and mechanically represent it? The first thing that jumps to my head is a campaign setting where arcane casters, manifesters, soul-melders and every other supernatural being is hunted by mage slayers. You have huge platoons of first level rangers with the favored enemy (arcanist) trying to capture or kill you for simply having draconic blood run through your system.

Where do we go with that? Well to be so bold I think you could get away with a fairly large adaptation of the films. Roll with me...

Campaign #1: Magnus, a high-level wizard, has long been the victim of supernatural persecution. With his group he utilizes an ancient artifact that will infuse ordinary people with spell-like abilities. The only problem is the people quickly decompose into oozes, their spirits not able to handle the arcane might now within them. An elite team of supernatural heroes has to stop him.

Campaign #2: The party discovers that the ordinary people have built a large artifact capable of scrying and casting immensely long-ranged save or die spells towards the supernaturals. They have to find it, disable the artifact and save the day.

Campaign #3: The ordinary people have developed a unique poison that systematically cuts off a person's supernatural ability (they are calling it a "cure"). Hearing that Magnus is launching a full-scale invasion towards the engineers of such a poison the party has to save the day.

Thoughts?

gallagher
2011-11-24, 01:31 AM
i have been recently advised that Xmen characters would work well for E6, which i can see, as Xmen powers arent nearly as good as 9th level magic and whatnot

Zonugal
2011-11-24, 01:50 AM
i have been recently advised that Xmen characters would work well for E6, which i can see, as Xmen powers arent nearly as good as 9th level magic and whatnot

Most superheroes in general work rather well in E6.

lorddrake
2011-11-24, 07:10 AM
Well it seems like, in my mind, that the quintessential element that one could adapt from the X-Men into D&D would be persecution. I mean that is the signature thematic element of the series and because of its universality it can be used in a variety of different stories.

With that said how do we take that thematic element and mechanically represent it? The first thing that jumps to my head is a campaign setting where arcane casters, manifesters, soul-melders and every other supernatural being is hunted by mage slayers. You have huge platoons of first level rangers with the favored enemy (arcanist) trying to capture or kill you for simply having draconic blood run through your system.

Where do we go with that? Well to be so bold I think you could get away with a fairly large adaptation of the films. Roll with me...

Campaign #1: Magnus, a high-level wizard, has long been the victim of supernatural persecution. With his group he utilizes an ancient artifact that will infuse ordinary people with spell-like abilities. The only problem is the people quickly decompose into oozes, their spirits not able to handle the arcane might now within them. An elite team of supernatural heroes has to stop him.

Campaign #2: The party discovers that the ordinary people have built a large artifact capable of scrying and casting immensely long-ranged save or die spells towards the supernaturals. They have to find it, disable the artifact and save the day.

Campaign #3: The ordinary people have developed a unique poison that systematically cuts off a person's supernatural ability (they are calling it a "cure"). Hearing that Magnus is launching a full-scale invasion towards the engineers of such a poison the party has to save the day.

Thoughts?

Nice. But overnight I thought of using the asteriod M. And I liked very much the idea of the mage/arcane/magic user-hunters. And I'll go along with it. (Maybe some warforged or golem to hunt them).

Also this is for one afternoon only. And for that I may be wrong for using the word campaign...

I thought the powers really would work on E6, however I thought would be nice to give them some more power, not too much. So level 10 would be nice. They don't play much past that on normal campaigns.

Maybe next time I put them against the silver surfer on level 20. Just kidding! (Ang galactus epic level).

What's going to happen:

They will come to this psion tower where he keep magic-users safe from the hunters (because they'll be endangered), however this big mage tier 1 of pure hatred against the nonmagic-users creates the worst fortress of doom. A floating castle. Some of the helpers of the psion would be enticed with the idea of never having to live with those evil nonmagic-users and go to live there.

But the PCs discover that the nonmagic-users are planning on attacking the fortress of doom with some antimagic artifact. Killing everyone inside.

This may have one of two consequences:

1- nonmagic-users suceed and kill lots of mutants, I mean, magic-users.
2- nonmagic-users fail and big bad mage goes on a revenge fury killing all nonmagic-users he finds.

The players now should choose their path. Opposing nonmagic-users or going to warn the magic-users of the doom.

Path 1: Facing warforged and golems and fighting rogues, traps, rangers and fighters, etc. Invading the fortress of the artifact and destroy the artifact. That would be a giant warforged that spawns other warforged.

Path 2: Diplomancing their way is hard. They have to find a way to arrive on the fortress (fly is easy, but they may be shot on sight). They'll face the open distrust from the magic-users of the mage's fortress. And will have to find a way to sneak or diplomance their way into the mage's chamber who may or may not trust them. And BAM, flying warforged and golems and all nasties arrive on the fortress undetected. And all out war.

And what do you people think? They have to discover only in the end where they are. Do you think using Genosha would be less obvious than fortress M (not the name in-game. Just a nickname here)?

Characters:

Colossus will look like a warforged all the time, but in the end, when all the fighting and stuff ends, he will dispell the polymorph or the magic that would make him a iron thingy.

All psions will use the psionic from the books (Xavier, Jean and Emma Frost.

I intend to simulate Psylock's power. Suggestion needed.

I won't put wolverine. Too iconic, they will spot him and discover him on sight.

Iceman will be sorcerer. All stuff snow-fluff. (Arcane armor? Ice armor! - but I'll try to be careful with it not to flag him too much)

Any more suggestions?

Thank you, guys!

EDIT: One more thing. Does anybody know a race who can translate well the appearence of Beast? And a winged race for Angel/archangel?

EDIT 2: I thought Gambit would scribe explosive runes all the time, but a friend of mine thought it would make him a little too obvious...

Golden Ladybug
2011-11-24, 07:47 AM
Well, you can't go wrong with Raptorans for winged humanoids.

Also, are you set on an Asteroid M campaign? Because, being the comic book nerd that I am, I can't help but love the idea of you running the Dark Phoenix saga. Depending on whether your Gaming group is really comic book-y or whether they watched the X-Men Cartoon in the '90s, you can tailor it to fit just enough for them to (maybe) catch on to what you're doing.

I think running the X-men cartoon version would get you more recognition, if they're not big fans.

And regardless, running a quest where you attempt to rescue the redheaded Psion from an organisation of chess themed/Burlesque NPCs, only for the influence of the Mindrape spell they cast on her to send her over the edge and unlock her dark powers, destroying a city and eating the energy from the surrounding area before returning to her normal self, before being roped into an unwinnable battle against powerful foes in an attempt to defend her after they order her executed... well, yeah, that'd be a cool campaign, methinks.

EDIT: On your Gambit problem, have him be a Wizard (wearing purple/pink segmented armor of some kind?) whose Spellbook is stolen at the start of the campaign, and because of his Spell Mastery, only has access to his Explosive Runes spell.

It would seem totally legit :smallwink:

lorddrake
2011-11-24, 07:57 AM
Well, you can't go wrong with Raptorans for winged humanoids.

Also, are you set on an Asteroid M campaign? Because, being the comic book nerd that I am, I can't help but love the idea of you running the Dark Phoenix saga. Depending on whether your Gaming group is really comic book-y or whether they watched the X-Men Cartoon in the '90s, you can tailor it to fit just enough for them to (maybe) catch on to what you're doing.

I think running the X-men cartoon version would get you more recognition, if they're not big fans.

And regardless, running a quest where you attempt to rescue the redheaded Psion from an organisation of chess themed/Burlesque NPCs, only for the influence of the Mindrape spell they cast on her to send her over the edge and unlock her dark powers, destroying a city and eating the energy from the surrounding area before returning to her normal self, before being roped into an unwinnable battle against powerful foes in an attempt to defend her after they order her executed... well, yeah, that'd be a cool campaign, methinks.

EDIT: On your Gambit problem, have him be a Wizard (wearing purple/pink segmented armor of some kind?) whose Spellbook is stolen at the start of the campaign, and because of his Spell Mastery, only has access to his Explosive Runes spell.

It would seem totally legit :smallwink:

I loved the idea (being a total comic nerd as well - even studing it as academic subject and giving speeches about the comic history in the world). But my friends LOVE Jean too much and a powerful redheaded psionic in a fit of powersurge would be too obvious to them at the start.

But I loved the idea of Dark Pheonix saga. Maybe if they like it, I may do this as a second adventure.

By the way, I haven't set on stone the asteroid M idea. I thought Onslaught saga a little too much, days of future past would be confusing in a first adventure. Any suggestion on a famous arc - not involving Mojo - because they already know that guy?

I hope no time travel as well, beacus, you know, headache. Epic headache.

Golden Ladybug
2011-11-24, 09:00 AM
Not a problem, the sheer amount of X-Men Knowledge I have tucked away in my brain is astounding; my childhood was pretty much spent reading X-Men comics.

But are you sure no Time Travel? All the best ones have at least seven time travellers :smallbiggrin:

So anyway, if we're going to go iconic X-Men, I think we should go Krakoa the Living Island. Replacing the (at the time, at least) new team of X-Men with your Players so they get to go save five powerful NPCs from a hostile, living island. Once they fight their way through the undergrowth, beating puzzles and things and finally save the NPCs and get to see their powers, then they get it and have that moment of realisation.

How about the illegitimate son of a Shifter who was raised to hate anything that isn't a pureblooded human and started a movement to attempt to destroy non-humans by creating Huge Purple Constructs? When he is told about his mother and siblings being not humans, and his own not-quite-human-ness by the PCs, then we have a some angst and stuff.

Maybe some Savage Lands stuff? Meeting a buff, shirtless guy with a Sabre Toothed Tiger to fight against a Pterodactyl-Man and a Golem that shoots yellow lazers from its eyes and is worshipped as a god could be cool.

If those don't seem that interesting, than I would say going for Age of Apocolypse, Days of the Future Past or Beyond Good and Evil from the '90s show will never go wrong. I don't know how you'd be able to throw in that brilliant part with Bishop walking along the time streams, but you could try. You could minimize the Time Travel aspects of all three, if you wanted to avoid the headache of time travel... but really, all the really memorable and well known arcs that aren't so "Summers Family Tree" (and even a pretty large amount of those as well) have a fair bit of Time Travel.

McToomin
2011-11-24, 09:00 AM
I intend to simulate Psylock's power. Suggestion needed.

Psylocke is literally a Soulknife. No multiclassing or changes needed. There's even a picture of "her" on the front of Complete Psionic

http://www.iconusa.com/online/Images/D&D/Complete_Psionic.jpg

even though Soulknife appears in Expanded Psionics.

For Colossus, I think just a Fighter or something similar that can cast iron body on himself as a spell-like ability would be pretty appropriate. Just scale down the buffs it gives at first, since it is a level 8 spell.

Storm would be a pretty simple sorcerer. There are plenty of spells that are air/lighting/weather themed. Just give her those. As a sorcerer she doesn't need to prepare, just start blasting people with them.

Rogue: low-level fighter with a single ability. Her touch attack transforms her into her opponent. Each round she spends touching her opponent (as a full-round action) bestows a negative level on the target. The target is afforded a Reflex save each round in order to not be touched. She gains their full powers and abilities for 1 minute (which include anything granted by racial traits, class levels, currently-active spells, or literally anything else that is affecting the target) per full-round spent touching the target. If the target is a different race than Rogue, she looks like a hybrid of human and the target race. Each round spent touching Rogue, the target takes the following effect:

{table=head] Number of Rounds | Effect
1st | dazed
2nd | shaken
3rd | staggered
4th | stunned
5th | paralyzed
6th | helpless
[/table]

After 6 rounds, the target remains helpless for as long as Rogue has their powers. It is possible for Rogue to level-drain someone into death with this ability. If she level-drains someone until they are dead (regardless of the amount of rounds she touched them), she permanently takes on their powers. However, Rogue never loses her original power of level-draining by touch.

Jubilee I'm thinking sorcerer with flare and color spray. If you want to make her not sh*tty, when she levels up just continue to give her prismatic and rainbow-themed spells.

I think explosive runes is appropriate for Gambit. Just give him throwing feats and he'll be set.

Nightcrawler is a swashbuckler/sorcerer multiclasser. His spells include dimension door, spider climb, and invisibility (only works in shadow or other areas of at least partial darkness). Nightcrawler is clearly a drow. Just give him a tail and make him take the Prehensile Tail (http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-2238-prehensile-tail.html) feat (along with its prerequisites) so that he doesn't just get a tail for free. I'm thinking 1d3 damage for his "tail attack" since I don't think I've ever seen Nightcrawler really attack with his tail. He just uses it to wield swords and do other prehensile things.

And yeah, I'm not sure where the Toad = pyrokineticist is coming from. Toad has no fire-based powers.

lorddrake
2011-11-24, 09:52 AM
Thank you!

I don't know what happened to me. How didn't I think of soulknife?

I think Colossus I got it (being a warforged till the end, otherwise all my players will see through him at once).

I loved some of the ideas Golden Ladybug and I'll definitely meditate about it. Some of those were interesting, but wouldn't catch the players who are not hardcore x-men fanatics.

Zonugal
2011-11-24, 05:03 PM
EDIT: One more thing. Does anybody know a race who can translate well the appearence of Beast? And a winged race for Angel/archangel?

The feral template (from Savage Species) can help in building Beast. He'll take a hit to his intelligence but you'll just have to plan accordingly for that.

For Angel check out the Winged template (also from Savage Species) for him.

lorddrake
2011-11-25, 06:59 AM
The feral template (from Savage Species) can help in building Beast. He'll take a hit to his intelligence but you'll just have to plan accordingly for that.

For Angel check out the Winged template (also from Savage Species) for him.

Good idea, Zonugal! Thank you!

I preffered your idea over raptoran. I'll check those out.

EDIT: How could everyone forget Lockheed? He would be innocuous in a fantasy medieval setting!

McToomin
2011-11-25, 11:22 AM
Well, I think that one's pretty obvious. Lockheed is a pseudodragon:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/pseudodragon72_med.jpghttp://www.8daysageek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lockheed.jpg

Also, feral template may be right for Beast, but in no way should he take any hits to Int. Despite him being a tough physical warrior, Int should be his highest ability score.

elvengunner69
2011-11-25, 11:28 AM
So what about Cyclops? Is it just a really strong Magic Missile?

suhkkaet
2011-11-25, 11:51 AM
So what about Cyclops? Is it just a really strong Magic Missile?

That feat which lets you shoot rays out of your eyes, perhaps? Ocular Spell.

vitkiraven
2011-11-25, 11:52 AM
Well, I think that one's pretty obvious. Lockheed is a pseudodragon:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/pseudodragon72_med.jpghttp://www.8daysageek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Lockheed.jpg

Also, feral template may be right for Beast, but in no way should he take any hits to Int. Despite him being a tough physical warrior, Int should be his highest ability score.
Quite true, although there was a period of time when his intellectual ability was decreasing. What about adding an additional template to balance off the intelligence penalty?

And what about Avariel for WW thw third? And Raptoran could easily have a place, with Tito, aka Beak, right?

Cyclops should probably use a ray of some kind or maybe reskin a dragon fire adept? In the comics, he does trick shots with it, so a focus on rays might be better.

EDIT: Toad should totally fill the role in D&D that he does in the comics, he should be a Monk, with Leap of the Heavens, and maybe a tongue graft that simulates Gut Snake or something.

Zonugal
2011-11-25, 03:03 PM
Lorddrake, if you have an idea on which mutants you would like to make an appearance in your game I could start throwing out some very brief, short builds for them. They'll be a bit stretched out level wise as I have been building superheroes in E6 (I started with the Fantastic Four).

Golden Ladybug
2011-11-25, 06:54 PM
For Cyclops, why not try Warlock? It nevers says where Eldritch Blast is fired from; he just shoots it out of his eyes :smalltongue:

lorddrake
2011-11-25, 07:28 PM
Lorddrake, if you have an idea on which mutants you would like to make an appearance in your game I could start throwing out some very brief, short builds for them. They'll be a bit stretched out level wise as I have been building superheroes in E6 (I started with the Fantastic Four).

I thought Gambit, Beast, Psylock, Colossus, Xavier (for the good ones)

Gambit is going for the mage with lots of explosive runes

Beast with that template sounds good with a high enough INT

Psylock - checking soulknife

Colossus will be a mage in polymorph (or something) in a warforged or iron-something form. In the end he reverts making everybody surprised

Xavier - won't appear much. Will only make an appearence in the beggining... Psy-something.

I'm avoiding Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine specially because it would be too obvious the moment they pop up on the game.

For the Evil mutie team: Magneto, Pyro, Fabian Cortez, Mystique and Irene Addler

Magneto won't have "only" power over metal. He will be a full-fledged tier 1 might. Wizard.

Pyro - sorcerer with a thing for burn things to the ground

Fabian Cortez won't leave Magneto's side. Buffing him like there is no tomorrow

Mystique - I thought changeling rogue (almost said rouge, but she's kinda blue)

And Irene Addler, duh, diviner cleric?

And for the human hatred team: Sentinel, Nimrod (maybe) and (surely) Master Mold

(My first thought was some leveled warforged for the sentinels and iron golem for the nimrod (specially because - bonus points for magic immunity)

But what would Master mold be? Some iron golem with this Huge progression?

And that's what I thought, mostly...

Zonugal
2011-11-25, 08:42 PM
Hmm... Okay let us go down the list?

Gambit: A mage who uses the quarterstaff and flings around explosives is a very workable concept, there is only one problem I have with it. To properly utilize Explosive Runes your opponent has to read the rune (and they simple aren't going to do this during battle). So that is an issue you'll have to handle. Now, an alternative option may be found in the obscure prestige class The Ballisteer... (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030426b)

Beast: I honestly think this is the easiest build. A Feral Human Artificer X/Barbarian (with the spirit lion totem & wolf totem acfs) 2/Artificer X can bring a lot to the table. It'll depend though which aspects of his personality you'll want to focus towards.

Psylock: While a soulknife sounds like a rather simple fix I have a problem with just that, it is very simple. Soulknife is regarded as a bad class and for someone of Psylock's skills perhaps we can do better. I personally think a Psychic Warrior using the Soulbound Weapon ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) can bring a lot more to the table...

Colossus: What about a Sorcerer who's primary spells are Fist of Stone and Alter Self (transforming into a Dwarven Ancestor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060704a&page=3)). You'll need to be an outsider or pick up the Otherwordly feat but I think that works rather well for transforming into a force to be reckoned with.

Xavier: Another very easy one, Human Telepath 5/Thrallherd X.

Magneto: Here is where I am going to get weird with you. Now when I imagine Magneto I sort of go high-end with power. So with that said here is my proposal, we stop thinking of Magneto as a Human and instead go with a vampire. He's aristocratic, European, charismatic & honorable. He's got all of the trappings besides undeath and that should be the real item that throws off your players. So a very powerful build for THE big boss of a campaign setting would look something like Vampire Lord (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a) Human Wizard 5/Red Mage 5/Tainted Sorcerer X

Pyro: An Imix-Blooded (MM5) Sorcerer focusing on fire-themed spells and utilizing the Fiery Burst reserve feat can do wonders here.

Fabian Cortez: A bit harder to approach but a War Weaver type of mage with a level of Marshal and Dragon Shaman can probably pull this off.

Mystique: A Changeling Rogue 1/Monk 2/Rogue X/Thief Acrobat X is a fairly solid build.

Irene Addler: A Diviner 3/Master Specialist 10 could work here.

Sentinel: Hmm... I think because of their physical strength, height and endurance you may want to go with a Stone Golem (even a Greater Stone Golem possibly).

Nimrod: I think you hit the nail on the head with using a golem. If you aren't absolutly tied to using an Iron Golem perhaps take a look at the Gold Golem (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030901a)?

Master Mold: This one may have to be home-brewed because I don't know of any Golem-type creature that can create other Golems. I mean this guy is huge and just pumps them out in addition to his power. I'd say making him actually a living dungeon or environment might work well.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-26, 01:23 AM
Rogue is clearly an illithid savant.

Zonugal
2011-11-26, 02:36 AM
Rogue is clearly an illithid savant.

Or a spellthief?

lorddrake
2011-11-26, 08:28 PM
Hmm... Okay let us go down the list?

Gambit: A mage who uses the quarterstaff and flings around explosives is a very workable concept, there is only one problem I have with it. To properly utilize Explosive Runes your opponent has to read the rune (and they simple aren't going to do this during battle). So that is an issue you'll have to handle. Now, an alternative option may be found in the obscure prestige class The Ballisteer... (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030426b)

Beast: I honestly think this is the easiest build. A Feral Human Artificer X/Barbarian (with the spirit lion totem & wolf totem acfs) 2/Artificer X can bring a lot to the table. It'll depend though which aspects of his personality you'll want to focus towards.

Psylock: While a soulknife sounds like a rather simple fix I have a problem with just that, it is very simple. Soulknife is regarded as a bad class and for someone of Psylock's skills perhaps we can do better. I personally think a Psychic Warrior using the Soulbound Weapon ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) can bring a lot more to the table...

Colossus: What about a Sorcerer who's primary spells are Fist of Stone and Alter Self (transforming into a Dwarven Ancestor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060704a&page=3)). You'll need to be an outsider or pick up the Otherwordly feat but I think that works rather well for transforming into a force to be reckoned with.

Xavier: Another very easy one, Human Telepath 5/Thrallherd X.

Magneto: Here is where I am going to get weird with you. Now when I imagine Magneto I sort of go high-end with power. So with that said here is my proposal, we stop thinking of Magneto as a Human and instead go with a vampire. He's aristocratic, European, charismatic & honorable. He's got all of the trappings besides undeath and that should be the real item that throws off your players. So a very powerful build for THE big boss of a campaign setting would look something like Vampire Lord (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a) Human Wizard 5/Red Mage 5/Tainted Sorcerer X

Pyro: An Imix-Blooded (MM5) Sorcerer focusing on fire-themed spells and utilizing the Fiery Burst reserve feat can do wonders here.

Fabian Cortez: A bit harder to approach but a War Weaver type of mage with a level of Marshal and Dragon Shaman can probably pull this off.

Mystique: A Changeling Rogue 1/Monk 2/Rogue X/Thief Acrobat X is a fairly solid build.

Irene Addler: A Diviner 3/Master Specialist 10 could work here.

Sentinel: Hmm... I think because of their physical strength, height and endurance you may want to go with a Stone Golem (even a Greater Stone Golem possibly).

Nimrod: I think you hit the nail on the head with using a golem. If you aren't absolutly tied to using an Iron Golem perhaps take a look at the Gold Golem (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030901a)?

Master Mold: This one may have to be home-brewed because I don't know of any Golem-type creature that can create other Golems. I mean this guy is huge and just pumps them out in addition to his power. I'd say making him actually a living dungeon or environment might work well.

I really apreciate all your help. It is almost done now. I'm really grateful. All you guys helped a lot (and I don't really know much about the system).

I'll be DMing this on january. And I hope my players like it.

Venger
2011-11-27, 09:42 AM
this thread is amazing

suhkkaet
2011-11-28, 02:08 AM
Will you be posting more details? Such as builds, world, etc?

lorddrake
2011-11-28, 08:21 AM
Will you be posting more details? Such as builds, world, etc?

I'll post it as soon as I finish everything.