PDA

View Full Version : looking for A weapon enchantment

agahii
2011-11-23, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know of some weapon enchantments which grants a fly speed of some sort?

Keld Denar
2011-11-23, 01:39 PM
Not a weapon, but there is a shield enchant. Check out Ernir's guide to necessary magic items. It's hard for me to link it, but you should be able to find it quick with Google. It's even in his sig if you go to his user profile.

Darrin
2011-11-23, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know of some weapon enchantments which grants a fly speed of some sort?

The Flying property in Magic of Faerun turns the weapon into an animated object with a 30' fly speed.

Put this on a Variable Riverine Sizing Buckler, and you can "fly" on a 15' x 30' "wall of force" surfboard.

Lateral
2011-11-23, 03:18 PM
The Flying property in Magic of Faerun turns the weapon into an animated object with a 30' fly speed.

Put this on a Variable Riverine Sizing Buckler, and you can "fly" on a 15' x 30' "wall of force" surfboard.

Plus, if you get it made as a Fine buckler and have it just size up, the Riverine cost is negligible- it's priced by the pound.

agahii
2011-11-23, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. My reason for asking was from a post I read about kensi monk with vop getting back some of the essentials VOP makes you lose. Flight is a major one, so that flying property would work.

Rubik
2011-11-23, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. My reason for asking was from a post I read about kensi monk with vop getting back some of the essentials VOP makes you lose. Flight is a major one, so that flying property would work.
Also check out Throwing and Distance.

Add in Far Shot, and you can hurl yourself pretty darned far as an attack action. Aim for a space (AC 5), and you can flurry your way really really far, every round.

Get enough multipliers and you can 'fly' faster than any fly speed out there. AND you can melee at a distance.

maximus25
2011-11-23, 11:56 PM
Plus, if you get it made as a Fine buckler and have it just size up, the Riverine cost is negligible- it's priced by the pound.

Makes me think of ways to break the economy. Buy fine sizing shield of Riverine, size up to colossal, sell, buy 10 more fine sizing Riverine shields with the money you made, repeat. Infinite gold. It's like the breaking a 10 foot ladder into 2 10 foot poles to sell trick, but faster.

agahii
2011-11-24, 09:59 AM
Also check out Throwing and Distance.

Add in Far Shot, and you can hurl yourself pretty darned far as an attack action. Aim for a space (AC 5), and you can flurry your way really really far, every round.

Get enough multipliers and you can 'fly' faster than any fly speed out there. AND you can melee at a distance.

That is hilarious. Ill check that out for a concept build.

Rubik
2011-11-24, 10:13 AM
That is hilarious. Ill check that out for a concept build.Oh, and...um... sizing, morphing, ghost touch (go incorporeal at will), splitting...