PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Relic prices?

JoeYounger
2011-11-23, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know if there is a table for price modifications for crafting relics? All I'm finding is the stuff in SRD. I've looked thru the Complete Divine where they have the Sanctify Relic feat, but it doesnt list modifiers or anything, just says that you can. I'm looking to make an Enveloping Pit, and I thought I'd toy around with changing the relic power, but I don't know how it will affect the price!

slaydemons
2011-11-23, 01:09 PM
I am pretty sure you cannot craft relics /artifacts, wondrous items yes but not artifacts to my knowledge

JoeYounger
2011-11-23, 02:18 PM
I don't think thats right. I know you cant craft artifacts, but there's a feat that lets you craft relics, called Sanctify Relic that specifically allows you to craft them. It just doesnt say how to calculate price. =/

You can create magic items that are imbued with a connection to your deity.

Prerequisite: Any other item creation feat

Benefit: Relics are magic items--often but not always wondrous items--that rely on a divine connection to a specific deity to function. They are described further in Chapter 4.

slaydemons
2011-11-23, 02:36 PM
I don't think thats right. I know you cant craft artifacts, but there's a feat that lets you craft relics, called Sanctify Relic that specifically allows you to craft them. It just doesnt say how to calculate price. =/

then use normal magic item crafting stuff, also it says look in chapter four have you tried chapter four

JoeYounger
2011-11-23, 02:39 PM
Yes. I have looked in chapter four, like I said in my original post. There are no rules for pricing. Which is why I was asking here.

And Normal item crafting rules don't really help.

slaydemons
2011-11-23, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sanctify Relic - Item Creation Feat - Complete Divine
You can create magic items that are imbued with a connection to your deity.

Prerequisite: Any other item creation feat

Benefit: Relics are magic items--often but not always wondrous items--that rely on a divine connection to a specific deity to function. They are described further in Chapter 4.

if its armor use magic crafting guide for armor,(meant to be generic term I know its not armor) this is what I am thinking and sorry about asking the chapter four thing some of my players don't read it and think I can just explain away.

and it seems to be a wondrous item so find as for the other part if your looking to make it a better item increase the price (I don't know this feat so I will leave others to judge) if your looking to make it a more limited item where you can't use none stop decrease the price.