PDA

View Full Version : half-minotaur goliath build: a question on feat and variant interaction

valoia
2011-11-23, 04:32 PM
i've been working on a seventh level half-minotaur goliath build, barbarian 1, fighter 2, crusader 1. for feats so far i have selected: "power attack", "improved bull rush", and "powerful charge". he has also taken the "dungeon crasher" variant fighter level from dungeonscape. i am allowed a flaw, and for this fourth feat i was looking at the "awesome blow" feat from monster manual IV.

my question is this: would the awesome blow trigger the dungeon crasher variant when the target hits a solid object?

i would also welcome suggestions for feats or future level progression (or revamp of the current).

thanks all!

The Glyphstone
2011-11-23, 04:40 PM
No, it would not. Dungeoncrasher specifies that it only works when Bull Rushing into an object or wall, and even if it didn't, Awesome Blow specifies what happens when your target collides with an object.

Really, Awesome Blow Isn't (Awesome). Take Knock-Back instead, for free Bull Rushes on every hit, and get a method of flight ASAP (so you can move above an enemy and repeatedly 'bull rush' them into the ground).

valoia
2011-11-23, 04:54 PM
good to know. i suppose that's true to raw, so we'll see if i can't talk to my dm about tweaking it a little ;)

having said that, if i do go for the more traditional knock-back feat, does anyone have any suggestions for reliable methods of flight? items etc that are affordable for a level 7?