PDA

View Full Version : Divine Minions! Rise and Fight.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-23, 05:02 PM
Right, so Divine Minions.. Found
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a
There

They get fear immunity (nice) and a wild shape, that isn't, into one or more forms. Based on the ones listed what other forms could be assumed, namely (dire) wolf as a form(e) and what LA would it merit? From my math it would be about a +1 because it is similar (not exact) to Anhur and his lion. However Geb and Brown Bear has the same HD as the Dire Wolf and +1 CR(4) and ranks in at a +2. Further to the point of the Dire Wolf being only +1 LA is that HD won't affect anything when used as a Wild Shape.

Summary,
Alternate Divine Minion Wild Shape forms determined by CR or HD
Lion 5HD, 3CR, LA +1 (Anhur)
Bear, Brown 6HD, 4CR, LA +2 (Geb)
Therefore
Dire Wolf 6HD, 3CR, LA +?

T.E.A. Time
Thoughts? Experience? Advice?

Psyren
2011-11-23, 05:27 PM
What do you mean by "what other forms could be assumed?" It seems to me that the shapes they can take are fixed to the table. Or are you homebrewing something?

DoctorGlock
2011-11-23, 05:30 PM
It's a little known fact that all divine minions, regardless of base forms, take aberrant and draconic wild shape, occasionally exalted wild shape. Interestingly enough, this in no way effects the level adjustment while giving forms far more potent than dire wolf.

In all seriousness, the wolf isn't that uber, I doubt it deserves any more than +3 and even that is pushing things. 2 max, and everyone will pick the 1 LA versions and just grab the feats.

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-23, 05:35 PM
What do you mean by "what other forms could be assumed?" It seems to me that the shapes they can take are fixed to the table. Or are you homebrewing something?

Homebrew, or at least table expansion.

It's a little known fact that all divine minions, regardless of base forms, take aberrant and draconic wild shape, occasionally exalted wild shape. Interestingly enough, this in no way effects the level adjustment while giving forms far more potent than dire wolf.

In all seriousness, the wolf isn't that uber, I doubt it deserves any more than +3 and even that is pushing things. 2 max, and everyone will pick the 1 LA versions and just grab the feats.

Alright.

nedz
2011-11-23, 05:53 PM
All of these feats are interesting, especially when they are at will as a swift action.
Blindsense (CAdv p114)
Cheetah’s Speed (CDiv p79)
Base move 50' and charge at 500'
Dragon Wild Shape(Dcn p105)
Eagle’s Wings (CDiv p80)
Fly 60' Average
Elephant’s Hide (CDiv p81)
+7 NA
Exalted Wild Shape(BoED p42)
Lion’s Pounce (CDiv p82)
Natural Spell (PH p98)
Savage Grapple (CAdv p114)
Add sneak damage when grappling
Scent (CAdv p114)
Swim like a Fish (CDiv p85)
Swim 40' breath underwater
Wolverine’s Rage(CDiv p86)
Rage

How do you acquire this template again ?

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-23, 06:28 PM
All of these feats are interesting, especially when they are at will as a swift action.
Blindsense (CAdv p114)
Cheetah’s Speed (CDiv p79)
Base move 50' and charge at 500'
Dragon Wild Shape(Dcn p105)
Eagle’s Wings (CDiv p80)
Fly 60' Average
Elephant’s Hide (CDiv p81)
+7 NA
Exalted Wild Shape(BoED p42)
Lion’s Pounce (CDiv p82)
Natural Spell (PH p98)
Savage Grapple (CAdv p114)
Add sneak damage when grappling
Scent (CAdv p114)
Swim like a Fish (CDiv p85)
Swim 40' breath underwater
Wolverine’s Rage(CDiv p86)
Rage

I'm just taking it for the large wolf and a charging bite smite as a wolfish paladin. I vote check the link.

nedz
2011-11-23, 06:44 PM
I'm just taking it for the large wolf and a charging bite smite as a wolfish paladin. I vote check the link.

I did check the link, but then all sorts of possibilities swirled through my mind :smalltongue:
I wasn't sure how you were looking at this. If you were looking at it from a DM's POV then you would need to be aware that this can be a little broken. But, as you say, you just want a Wolfadin.:smallsmile:

Psyren
2011-11-23, 06:45 PM

A Mulhorandi god chooses to bestow it on you, judging from the text. (Read: ask your DM for it.)

If you get it, it could be nice with Wild feats as you mentioned. You basically have unlimited Wild Shape after all, and without even a cooldown to muddy thngs.

kardar233
2011-11-23, 08:02 PM
IIRC, the original Pun-Pun was done with a Divine Minion Kobold Wizard1/Master of Many Forms3. I guess that decides the top limit of the template's power.