PDA

View Full Version : Needing help with creating a W40k Tech-Priest in M&M

Starsign
2011-11-23, 10:28 PM
So I've been talking with a friend of mine and he mentioned about a tech-priest character he'll be playing in a Dark Heresy game. After getting interest in the concept of it (starting with a pic of one, and then some info on a tech-priest), I wanted to try making one in M&M... Except I have little to no knowledge about the Warhammer 40k series, so I'm a little lost on what or how to make one. Would anyone have any suggestions and ideas for making a Tech-Priest? (I'm going with PL 12 for this one)

Selrahc
2011-11-25, 05:43 PM
So I've been talking with a friend of mine and he mentioned about a tech-priest character he'll be playing in a Dark Heresy game. After getting interest in the concept of it (starting with a pic of one, and then some info on a tech-priest), I wanted to try making one in M&M... Except I have little to no knowledge about the Warhammer 40k series, so I'm a little lost on what or how to make one. Would anyone have any suggestions and ideas for making a Tech-Priest? (I'm going with PL 12 for this one)

Can't help you with system knowledge for M&M, but a Tech Priest has a litany of powers. All powers are technology based, some of which is inbuilt bionics, some of which is external gadgetry, some of which can be either.

The body is rebuilt to be tougher and stronger. A tech priest will probably be more machine than man. Servos and motors giving him inhuman strength.
Combat drugs synthesized for the techpriest, and specific gene enhancements are also common.
Nanomachines will heal the techpriest faster.
The mind is rebuilt to be smarter and more logical(and less emotional). A tech priest will be far beyond human intellect.
Advanced prediction machines can be built into the brain alongside incredible scanning equipment.
Mind Impulse Interfaces allow the techpriests to control machines with just a thought, even odd things like xenotech can be interfaced with.
Energy emitting devices can be built into the body, or merely carried.
Tech priests generate an enormous amount of energy from their Electoo Grafts, which can be utilized in a variety of ways from flinging lightning bolts to powering machines remotely.
Magnetic generators allow techpriests to move metal around at will, and fly.
Voice synthesizers allow a techpriest perfect control over their voice. They can emit perfectly pitched pleasant speech or even song, or intimidation keyed right into the nervous systems of biological organisms. Advanced screeches can leave foes catatonic, or cause receptive individuals to break into worshipful awe. It also allows high speed data transfer and relay of commands.
Mechanendrite tendrils can have a wide variety of functions, serving as extra limbs, weapons, diagnostic tools or record keepers.
Techpriests also have access to powerful weapons and equipment. Laser eyes, digital weapons, powered armour, stasis fields etc.

No tech priest is going to be able to do everything, but they do have a lot of toys that they could potentially have.

Starsign
2011-11-26, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the advice! I tried making him here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348380), What might you think? :smallredface:

Selrahc
2011-11-26, 03:59 AM
Yes, I could see that as a powerful tech priest.