PDA

View Full Version : The Prince of the Nibelungs (Quest Help - 3.5)

Dulenheim
2011-11-24, 01:50 AM
This is the second quest line my party is facing, and so far, everything went well. the story so far:

The heroes had been rewarded with lands and tittles at the end of their last quest, and thus Dhomil, the elven wizard, Lundal, the half elf wizard, and Alessa, the human sorcerer and "queen" of the desert Goblins, formed alongside with Ionaeol, the Goliath, and Hir, the swordsage, the band of the Bronze Rhinos.

They traveled for a month, until they arrived at the village they were now lords of. Helmdar could have once been a beautiful, prosperous city, but now it was merely the shadow of what once was. the village had but 300 people living in it, and the old keep that was once used by the lords of the land was run down and in need of repair. After some talking with the villages, and burning half a nearby forest in order to complete a sub quest, the party fully Establishment themselves in the village and started to work to repair the keep and help the town prosper once more.

-1 month time skip-

The band of the bronze rhinos have managed to recruit 15 young soldiers to their ranks, to funcion as guards of the city and trained blades if anything that required force to be solved was required. they also managed to recruit an elderly half orc warrior, who agreed to train these lads in the arts of fighting.

The keep was starting to look better, as new rugs and candles had been placed, and the banners of the rhino's hung from the ceiling.

It was starting to snow, and winter was coming once more to the lands of Tarsus.

one day, the smith of the town, and a member of the band of the rhino, found a goblin badly hurt in the woods nearby the village, and took him to the nursery of the keep, for the maester of the band to heal him. He had a smooth mask of iron nailed to his face, and was barely able to stand. after a few days, the goblin managed to recover.

Dhomil, who had become the leader of the band interrogated him, and asked him for his name. The flamboyant and egocentric goblin said his name was not his own anymore, but that he could be called Smiley.

Smiley told dhomil and the maester of the keep his tale. he had traveled south from the Goblin Icelands. a small patch of land, which has belonged to the smallfolk since the dawn of the age of heroes. He was the son of the leader of the strongest and most numerous goblin clan, the nibelungs, but was tricked into killing his older brother by his half sister. His father had no choice but to brand him an exile, a faceless, and send him away from the lands of his ancestors.

He, however, was not going to leave his sister be so easily. in the night he was thrown into his cell, the night before he was to be thrown into the wilderness with nothing but himself, he broke out of his cell and managed to reach his father's chambers, and steal the one thing the nibelung's needed the most, the ring. It is said that without the ring, a leader of the nibelungs is not accompanied by their gods, and without their gods, he was no leader.

He escaped the icelands by taking a giant raven from his clan, and flying the beast as south as he could, but was attacked by his sister's men, and almost captured before he reached the village of helmdar.

Dhomil offered him help, and thus called his men, and formed an expedition to travel north, and settle matters with smiley's sister.

long huh? well, that summed up the prologue of the quest, as of now the party, which is formed by:
-Dhomil, Lv5 wizard.
-Smiley, Lv5 Rouge.
-Ionaeol, Lv 6 Marshal. Npc
-Girhilde (The smith), Lv5 expert + Lv1 Fighter. Npc
-Leuthea, Lv5 Monk. Npc
+3 Lv2 warriors Npc.

have managed to reach a city named cadman, which was under siege by the saphir Goblin clan, and fought them off. Now they need to travel further north in order to reach the goblin icelands.

If anyone has a good idea for monsters that can be used in this setting (mostly looking for monsters from cold regions.) that would be greatly appreciated.

But here is my main issue with what I have planned: at some point during their journey north, the party can sidetrack and reach a region that is even further north of the icelands, which is the region of the far north, the seat of the giants, Asgard.

The giants could have a problem that the prty needs to solve, as always, in order to gain their help and blades, but what kind of problem could a giant have, and I'm talking about storm giants, that a party of lv5 could solve?

any ideas? :smallfrown:

Ps: I post too many questions, I'll try to be more helpful from here on out. DX

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-11-24, 03:55 AM
giants are very large. have the party access a place that is very small.