PDA

View Full Version : The Purple Lotus [3.5] ~IC~

Zazori
2011-11-24, 12:48 PM
You're all on your way towards the church, the time is 23:30, (11:30PM).

It's a dark and cold night, but there is not a single cloud on the sky.

ebbsorcerer
2011-11-24, 01:13 PM
A halfling in all black walks calmly down the street, the wind chilling him to the bone as he wishes he'd brought a warmer coat. He keeps an ear open for any unusual sounds in the dark, taking his time to ensure he arrives at precisely midnight.

Listen: [roll0]

BelGareth
2011-11-24, 04:15 PM
Ban looked at the hourglass watching as the sand fell away to the bottom of the glass container, shaking himself back to reality he saw it was time for him to go. dropping a few copper pieces on the table to pay he exited the door and quickly made his way into the shadowy recesses of the street.

Mmmm, No clouds tonight

He thought to himself as he moved to the meeting area, he wanted to scope it out before the meeting had happened.

Move Silently : [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

He moves to the church and locates the exits and entrances, noting the darkest ones, then moves to the darkest one and attempts to search it, checking to see if it is locked, unlocking it if it is and then sneaks inside.

Search: [roll2]
Disable Device: [roll3]
Open Lock: [roll4]

Checks for inside of church
Move Silently : [roll5]
Hide: [roll6]

AshesOfOld
2011-11-24, 04:24 PM
A shade melts out of a nearby building, and into the shadow of the next. A second halfling, short and sinewy, in dark tight-fitting clothing. His feet tread soundlessly on the ground, fifteen paces behind the other halfling. He keeps to the dark side of the street, trying his best to look inconspicuous.

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]

Chilingsworth
2011-11-24, 04:50 PM
A short bald man, dressed in grey, drives a muledrawn carriage to the church. His palid skin and pale yellow eyes are hidden by the darkness and partly obscured by his hood.

Reaching the church, he finds a place to park his carriage and tie his team.

He speaks to the horses: Stay here, girls. He pats each on the flank.

He then quickly pokes his head into the carriage and speaks to some...thing inside: Stay here. If anyone other than me opens the carriage, attack them, pursing them until they are dead. Then return to the carriage and close the door.

He then enters the church, removing his hood and bowing his head respectfully.

The Big Orc
2011-11-24, 09:31 PM
Drath walks into the church, "Well, you told me to be here, now who is it? Got a job offer? I will probably accept." The brown eyed, brown haired man looks terrible in a torn tunic under his set of full plate armor. While his shield is worn on his back, his hand and a half (bastard) sword is in hand.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 12:16 AM
Hollin turns at the sound of the unknown voice, then relaxes (slightly)

You can put that weapon down, sirah. Sorry to disapoint you, but I'm just another fellow looking into this promise of employment. I'm sure we'll meet the writer of our letters, or more likely an agent of his, hers, or its at the appointed time.

Zazori
2011-11-25, 02:33 AM
A halfling in all black walks calmly down the street, the wind chilling him to the bone as he wishes he'd brought a warmer coat. He keeps an ear open for any unusual sounds in the dark, taking his time to ensure he arrives at precisely midnight.

Listen: [roll0]

You arrive at the church, just before midnight, someone else is standing by the door. (Caden)

Ban looked at the hourglass watching as the sand fell away to the bottom of the glass container, shaking himself back to reality he saw it was time for him to go. dropping a few copper pieces on the table to pay he exited the door and quickly made his way into the shadowy recesses of the street.

Mmmm, No clouds tonight

He thought to himself as he moved to the meeting area, he wanted to scope it out before the meeting had happened.

Move Silently : [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

He moves to the church and locates the exits and entrances, noting the darkest ones, then moves to the darkest one and attempts to search it, checking to see if it is locked, unlocking it if it is and then sneaks inside.

Search: [roll2]
Disable Device: [roll3]
Open Lock: [roll4]

Checks for inside of church
Move Silently : [roll5]
Hide: [roll6]

You manage to sneak inside and shortly after 2 other people enter, (Hollin & Drath)

A shade melts out of a nearby building, and into the shadow of the next. A second halfling, short and sinewy, in dark tight-fitting clothing. His feet tread soundlessly on the ground, fifteen paces behind the other halfling. He keeps to the dark side of the street, trying his best to look inconspicuous.

Hide [roll0]
Move silently [roll1]

You get to the church safely.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 03:17 AM
After speaking to the man with the large sword, Hollin takes a look around:

spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

I do hope there are enough openings for however many folks show up.

AshesOfOld
2011-11-25, 05:46 AM
Caden steps out of the shadows and into the church.

I wouldn't worry. I assume the amount of letters correspond loosely to the number of participants needed for whatever task our mystery employer has waiting for us.

He bows slightly to the pallid-looking man and the warrior.

In the meantime let me introduce myself. My name is Caden. And you are?

ebbsorcerer
2011-11-25, 09:20 AM
"Ben," the halfling says, stepping forward with a hand on his own chest. He mulls over Caden's words, thinking to himself, wouldn't be the first time I had to kill the other applicants to get a job, and analyzing the fellows nearby for any apparent weaknesses, a favored knee or the like.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 12:12 PM
The stunted, pallid man considers for a moment.
You may call me Hollin.

I'm sorry to say, Caden, that your assumption could easily be misplaced. Indeed, from any employer's perspective, it generally makes sense to attract as many applicants as possible, and then chose the best from them. Given the method and circumstances of our recruitment, I would further guess that any rejected applicants would be unlikely to have the luxuries of life and freedom after their rejection. I certainly this is not the case. None of you folks seem deserving of my ire and I have quarrels with none of you as of yet. Still, it is entirely possible we will not all live to get this job or these jobs.

*he pauses as he considers something*

It is also possible that we have been summoned into a trap of somekind. I have no idea how likely it is, but such things are always possible.

Zazori
2011-11-25, 12:49 PM
Just as Hollin finishes his last word, you are overwhelmed by the loud sound of the ringing of the midnight bell.

From a shadow in the opposite side of the church you see someone step towards you, when he is halfway he stops.

"I see only 5.. I guess the rest did not want to embrace the power and beauty of The Purple Lotus, I will be your guide and I will answer your questions and most of all I will give you your test."

BelGareth
2011-11-25, 01:14 PM
Ban looks as the hidden man reveals himself, his attention piqued by the mention of a test. He was only slightly surprised at the off handed mention of seeing him, shrugging his shoulders he moved forward into the light.

"What is this test you speak of?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 02:15 PM
Hollin

I'm also interested in this test, but first I'd like to hear more of the Purple Lotus. What do you ask us to do for you, and what do you offer to do for us?

The Big Orc
2011-11-25, 02:23 PM
"Yeah, what is the Purple Lotus?" Drath asks sheathing his sword.

Zazori
2011-11-25, 02:45 PM
"The Purple Lotus brings order to the chaos that the kingdoms of this world have brought upon us, your first assignment will be your test, you'd have to assassinate a very dangerous count, you will be offered a sanctum where you can buy and sell almost any goods and of course you will be paid in gold for completed assignments, but tell me.. What in specific would you want to know about that which does not exist?" he says with a calm voice.

ebbsorcerer
2011-11-25, 03:55 PM
Slicker than dwarf guts on a doorknob, Ben thought, strongly considering membership in this organization, but said only, "Who is this count? What can you tell m--us about him?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 04:43 PM
Yes, that information would be useful... sir. (unless you have a prferered title or psuedonom?) Also, as far as whatever others you sent missives to, is it possible they were closer to a one of the other churches when they got their copies?

Zazori
2011-11-25, 05:25 PM
"Good sir Hollin, If they went to another church, another guide would have taken care of them, and I would have known.
You will achieve information about the count if you wish to join The Purple Lotus.
I can however tell you that the sanctum will provide you with free beds, free food and water and if you prove yourself worthy, they can even get rid of any bounty that would be on your heads, but of course we want the assignments to be completed in silence."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-25, 05:53 PM
I'd definatley be willing to join your organization, but silence might be a problem. skeletons and zombies aren't known for their stealth, especially the zombies. Unless you mean secretly, or rather, that we don't mention our doings to non Purple Lotus members?

BelGareth
2011-11-25, 06:40 PM
Ban was listening to the whole conversation, content on the 'bigs' to ask any questions he might.

Free Food, Beds, and gold for misisons?

He thinks to himself,

I am your man, tell me the location of this 'count' and he shall be eliminated with the silence you require, Silence is my specialty.

Looking around, he looks at the group "Are we to be working together as a team?"

Zazori
2011-11-25, 06:42 PM
"For non-members, The Purple Lotus does not exist, but this specific assignment must be done without anyone knowing who or what were behind."

After speaking to Hollin he turns his attention to Ban,

"Your chances of survival and success is better in a group than alone."

ebbsorcerer
2011-11-25, 07:16 PM
"Silence is my middle name. Consider me your servant, so long as you uphold your end of the agreement. The Count, then?"

The Big Orc
2011-11-25, 08:50 PM
"Why does the non existant Purple Lotus want the count to be eradicated? While I am very intrigued by the notion of free food water and bedding as well as work, I need to know that in the end, what I do will help the world as a whole."

AshesOfOld
2011-11-25, 09:30 PM
Having observed the others in silence, Caden finally speaks his mind

I don't care much for titles. I'll kill the count if there's something to be gained, and it sounds like there is. How much 'we talking about here? I don't kill people for scraps, you know.

Caden wipes his nails on his shirt at his last sentence, and calmly awaits an answer.

Zazori
2011-11-28, 12:39 AM
"First of all you have to travel to the desert nation Vesjild, travel to the town Tekkha, There you will find a great manor, inside lives the count.
The count poses a great threat to us, as he have snatched one of our letters and probably is trying to decode it right now, your mission is to find him, kill him and bring back the letter and any kind of translation he made, the manor is guarded but you should easily be able to sneak past them, however his main chamber, which lies in the upper floor, is heavily guarded.
If you complete this assignment, you will be allowed to join The Purple Lotus' and you will be able to enter our Sanctum, you will also be paid 150gp, each and every item you find on your assignments, you may keep for yourself."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-28, 12:47 AM
Hmm... a reward of salvage plus 150 gp? And membership privilages in your organisation? It would be good to have some allies at my back incase my "mentor" sends his minions to hunt me down. You can count me in.

ooc:
how far away is our destination, or better yet, might you have a map of our operational area?

ebbsorcerer
2011-11-28, 07:41 AM
"Indeed," Ben nods, his mind racing with possible strategies.

AshesOfOld
2011-11-28, 08:26 AM
Caden grins widely, teeth all shiny.

Well, sounds like my kinda party. Count me in, mystery man. By the way, you got a name to go with that glorious offer of yours?

Zazori
2011-11-29, 07:31 AM
"I will not participate in The Purple Lotus's and their assignments." Ban says.

"Very well." The guide nods.

The guide melts into his own shadow and then re-appears in Ban's shadow, at the same time he draws his swords, he swings them at Ban's neck, Ban's blood fly through the air, seconds later Ban's head lies on the floor and his body collapses.

The Big Orc
2011-11-29, 10:15 AM
"Well, seeing that display, I am definitely in."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 12:54 PM
You couldn't have killed him with a stab to the heart? Do you have any idea how much less useful a headless corpse is for crafting udead?

*hollin sighs* Oh well, that was an impressive display of swordsmanship. So, would you be adverse to my claiming the corpse for such purposes? Also, might you have a spellcaster at this sanctum capable of casting make whole?

He pauses:

Also, what's to be the fate of his gear?

AshesOfOld
2011-11-29, 10:00 PM
Caden twitches, trying to shrug off what the disturbing man has just said.

That was... horrifying. This is my third death-threatening situation in the last month. I really need to have a heart to heart with Mack when I get back to the guild.

Anyway, we should get back to business. How about you give us the need-to-know and we get moving. I mean there are people who need killing somewhere!

Caden finishes with another dashing smile, immediately regretting it.

Apparantly, my charm is wasted on the guy. Why do all these murderers have to be so serious about it?

Chilingsworth
2011-11-29, 10:44 PM
To the guide:

Hmm... Sir, if you don't mind, I'll cast gentle repose on the traitor's corpse now. And put it in my carriage out front.

To Everyone:

Umm... also, would anyone happen to have cleaning supplies or a prestidigtation spell to clean up the blood? I'd rather not leave it staining Pelor's church. I'll gladly do the cleaning if none of you are willing to do it. If I were a less specialized caster, I could prestdigitate it away myself, but sadly, I cannot.

To the Guide:

Hmm... pity you couldn't have finished him off outside, sir.

To Caden:

Oh please, it's hardly surprising that the fellow was liquidated! He accepted an interview with a secret society, learned that said society's purpose involved killing people and required the maintainence of said secrecy, and then refused to join! He would have been a security risk if left alive and free.

There's no need to treat me like a monster for wanting to put his remains to use, either. I'm just making the best of a suboptimal situation. I'd rather have the live ally he could have been, had he been reliable, than the undead rewarmed leftovers I'd be turning him into. By turning him into a minion, I'm simply trying to ensure we get some use out of him.

Zazori
2011-11-30, 02:25 AM
He turns to Hollin and says "We do have magicians that can cast said spell, but we also got something better, if you can preserve the corpse and it's head."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-30, 04:35 AM
I can indeed do so. As I said, I'll cast gentle repose on them to preserve them for later use. *casts gentle repose on the body parts* Might I ask what better option you have? I was thinking of keeping him preserved long enough for me to learn how to make him into some form of undead that retains the abilities it had while alive, combined with a make whole spell to put the body in reanimatable condition. That's the best option that I can think of without further research. I'd be facinated to learn of a better idea.

*Hollin smiles, then turns more serrious*

I'd still like to request help with cleaning this mess up, though. Leaving blood in a church of Pelor seems to me to be not only rude, but unwise. It'll get people wondering how the blood got here, and clerics can often use magic to lean such things

for DM:
So, will that cost me one or two gentle reposes? Also, hope my post was clear enough, 4am here, no sleep, lol.

Zazori
2011-11-30, 06:09 AM
I can indeed do so. As I said, I'll cast gentle repose on them to preserve them for later use. *casts gentle repose on the body parts* Might I ask what better option you have? I was thinking of keeping him preserved long enough for me to learn how to make him into some form of undead that retains the abilities it had while alive, combined with a make whole spell to put the body in reanimatable condition. That's the best option that I can think of without further research. I'd be facinated to learn of a better idea.

*Hollin smiles, then turns more serrious*

I'd still like to request help with cleaning this mess up, though. Leaving blood in a church of Pelor seems to me to be not only rude, but unwise. It'll get people wondering how the blood got here, and clerics can often use magic to lean such things

for DM:
So, will that cost me one or two gentle reposes? Also, hope my post was clear enough, 4am here, no sleep, lol.

"You may remove the blood if you wish, I don't care, however you must wait until you can raise him yourself, but we have another, a better method to make him whole, than just using said spell.
As said earlier, head to Tekkha and find the count." he replies.

OOC
I'll rule that it's just one gentle repose, as it's the same person.

ebbsorcerer
2011-11-30, 02:53 PM
"Alright, then. Anyone have anything to take care of before we depart?" If no one does, he starts them on the road to Tekkha.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-30, 04:24 PM
After casting gentle repose on Ban's corpse, Hollin struggles to carry it to his carriage, being as careful to drip as little additional blood on the temple grounds as possible.

I'll take this to my carriage. While I'm doing that, would one of you folks find me something to clean up the mess with?

ooc:
the body is within Hollin's "lift off ground" wieght limit. So he's moving at a rate of 5ft/round. Also, how the *bleep* does a small creature weigh 75 pounds? :smallconfused::smallannoyed:

AshesOfOld
2011-11-30, 04:54 PM
Can't help you out with that, I'm sorry to say.

If Caden has enough rations for the trip, then he's ready.

The Big Orc
2011-11-30, 05:03 PM
"All I need to do in preparation is to get my horse. When and were should we meet?"

Zazori
2011-12-01, 11:51 AM
"Hollin wait, please let me take his gear first." without letting you answer he rushes to you and takes Ban's gear, he then says "You should seek out Yuck, she normally stays at the inn, The Broken Leg, in Tekkha, if you cannot find her, she will find you."

AshesOfOld
2011-12-01, 08:19 PM
That sounds manageable. Well, my new fellows and partners in crime, let's get this show on the road!

Chilingsworth
2011-12-01, 08:56 PM
To the Guide:

Oh, yeah, go ahead. Your kill, and all, not like we earned any of the spoils on him. *he stops and puts the helps the guide remove the traitor's gear.*

To everyone else:

Right. Umm... I don't think I got any of your names. I suppose we should call eachother something to make communication easier. Err... would one of you guys be willing to help me carry this corpse to my carriage. Let me get the door, though. I've got minions inside it ordered to attack anyone else that opens it. Infact, if out guide hadn't decapitated the traitor, I might have offered to let him use the carriage, telling him my driver was inside and just needed to be woken up. *He flashes a mischievious grin*

Zazori
2011-12-02, 03:51 PM
"Hey Caden, Catch!" He throws a small gem to you, as you grab it you notice it shifts colors, first black to yellow, then shifts to red and then purple and then blue and on.
"Give it to Yuck, then she knows that I send you."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-02, 04:24 PM
Seeing noone is willing to help him carry the unusually heavy gnome, Hollin finishes carryin the body to his carriage. He takes any adequately clean clothes off the corpse, and puts it into the carriage, ordering his minions not to damage the corpse. He then reseals his carriage and returns to the temple with his new "cleaning rags." He looks around for a water source.

Finding the supply of holy water, he uses an amount sufficent to lossen the blood and wipes it up. Satisfied, he returns to his carriage to toss the rags in with the corpse and returns.

Right, I'll need to purchase rations. Other than that, I'm ready. How long is this journey?

Zazori
2011-12-03, 05:41 PM
OOC:
I guess everyone is ready.
Everyone have used 2 rations.

The desert is hot, but you manage to make it without dehydrating.
After 2 days travel:
Around mid-day you can see Tekkha out in the horizon, as you come closer you can see that a wall runs all the way around this small town, as you reach the gate on of the guards ask "What's your purpose here in Tekkha?".

Chilingsworth
2011-12-03, 05:58 PM
Hollin clears his throat:

We are mercenaries looking for work. Might your town's army have need of a few good men?

Bluff
[roll0]

Zazori
2011-12-04, 02:40 AM
"Our town army needs nothing, but if you really are mercernaries you should go to the count, he is the one in charge of mostly everything here." Says while looking at you with disgust, and opening the gate so that you can pass through.

The Big Orc
2011-12-04, 02:43 AM
Once out of earshot of the guard, Drath comments on the guard, "Well he was a bit more than rude wasn't he? Now then, were did we have to go to find that Yuck person?"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-04, 03:44 AM
*Hollin looks around before he answers Drath*

Before we meet with our potential meal ticket, we should find an inn and learn more about this town.

ooc:
what do I know about this town? I don't have any knowledge (local) skills, unfortunately, so I'd be limited to common knowledge.

ebbsorcerer
2011-12-04, 08:41 AM
"Folks are distrusting of mercenaries, and rightly so." the halfling remarks from the top of the carriage. "Let's find an inn, then find this count."

AshesOfOld
2011-12-04, 03:18 PM
Caden is awakaned for the third time by almost falling down the carriage.

Huh? Oh, I couldn't agree more. Let's see if we can find this Broken Leg Inn. And pray that Yuck doesn't live up to her namesake.

With this he gallantly jumps down the carriage and finds the nearest local-looking person.

Excuse me? Yes, down here. Do you by chance know where the Broken Leg Inn is?

Zazori
2011-12-09, 12:46 PM
Oh, yes over there! he points at a rather large building.

ebbsorcerer
2011-12-09, 01:57 PM
"Let's go there," Ben says.

Zazori
2011-12-09, 02:07 PM
As you step into the inn you see a large room, right in front of you there are tables and on the other side of the room there is a large fireplace(not burning), the room turns to the right a few feet ahead and there is a small stage up there.
To the left, in the far corner, there is a stair upwards, and in the near left corner there is a stair downwards.
In between of the stairs there is a large bar, with one rather fat man standing in the middle speaking with 3 hooded people, there are also 2 young boys(around 16 years of age), that serve drinks, 7 ladies walk around serving drinks and food to the costumers at the tables.

The Big Orc
2011-12-09, 02:20 PM
"Could someone lift the item that we were given?" Drath asks the others. Shouting "We are looking for Yuck."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-09, 05:21 PM
Hollin looks for some place to tie up his mules and park the carriage, also making sure the carriage is locked up tight.

Zazori
2011-12-10, 12:12 PM
"Could someone lift the item that we were given?" Drath asks the others. Shouting "We are looking for Yuck."

No one answers, but the barkeep tries to catch you attention.

Hollin looks for some place to tie up his mules and park the carriage, also making sure the carriage is locked up tight.

You quickly found a spot, and are now inside with the others

The Big Orc
2011-12-10, 12:39 PM
Drath walks over to the bartender, "Hello, can you help us? We are looking for a business associate named Yuck."

Zazori
2011-12-10, 01:52 PM
Shut up!, Are you trying to get yourself killed? He says.
Yuck is not to be mentioned loud, if you really seek her, be here at 11:00pm tonight. he adds.

The Big Orc
2011-12-10, 01:53 PM
Whispering, "Why would this name get me killed? What do you know about my business associate?"

Chilingsworth
2011-12-10, 02:06 PM
Please forgive my companion's naivete, Barkeep. Might your inn have a room or two to let? Also, might you have a stables where I could properly store my carriage and horses, or should I leave them where I tied them?

Diplomacy Check:
[roll0]

Zazori
2011-12-10, 04:30 PM
I do have a stable around at the back, here is the key. He hands you the key while he says I got some rooms, it'l be 3sp each room.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-10, 04:43 PM
Thank you, Barkeep. We'll be needing at least one room. If you'll excuse me, I'll go deal with my carriage and mules and we'll decide among ourselves exactly how many rooms we need. *takes key* Actually, guys, mind helping me? We can discuss desired sleeping arrangements while we get the carriage dealt with. (to his companions)

AshesOfOld
2011-12-11, 02:44 PM
Yes, looks like we may as well hole up until nightfall.

Caden brushes some dust off his cloak and turns to Hollin.

I'll give you a hand, friend. Just keep whatever's in there in there.

The Big Orc
2011-12-11, 03:01 PM
"I will take care of my horse first, but I am going to stay down here for a while. I want to talk to some locals, get some information," Drath says before heading to stable his horse. After brushing his horse down and feeding him, he returns to the bar. "Two pints of ale please."

Zazori
2011-12-11, 04:01 PM
That will be 6cp, sir. The barkeep answers.

----------

The other two find their way to the stables at the back.

ebbsorcerer
2011-12-11, 04:04 PM
Ben stays behind at the bar as well. He sidles up to the bar after Drath, pays for his own drink and sits down a few seats away from him, so as not to interfere with whatever his plans are but close enough to hear what is going on and potentially provide backup.

The Big Orc
2011-12-11, 04:12 PM
Drath drops a silver on the counter and heads to a table that looks lively with conversation, "Well hello, hope you don't mind me droppin in on your talk." Drath adopts a slightly giddy tone. "I was wunderin if any of you knew the Count for these areas." Drath takes a large swig of one of his drinks.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-11, 04:28 PM
(At the stables)

Thanks, Caden So... how many rooms do you think we need?

Zazori
2011-12-12, 02:24 AM
Drath drops a silver on the counter and heads to a table that looks lively with conversation, "Well hello, hope you don't mind me droppin in on your talk." Drath adopts a slightly giddy tone. "I was wunderin if any of you knew the Count for these areas." Drath takes a large swig of one of his drinks.

They look at you quietly and then turns their attention back to their own conversation.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-12, 10:13 AM
I'd reckon we could do with one for every two of us. Less chance of being robbed. Besides we may wanna stay close. Something about this Yuck fellow doesn't seem right to me.

Caden helps him stable the horses, and brush them down.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-12, 05:53 PM
*as he and Caden finish dealing with the mules and carriage*

Yes, that makes sense. How about you and I take a room, and Drath and Ben take the other. The rooms should have sufficent space for a human and a halfling, but might not have enough for two humans, even if I'm not... much bigger than one of your kin. Also, such an arrangement would ensure that each room has one arcanist, or as close as we have available, should that prove useful.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-12, 06:09 PM
Haha, you're still plenty big in my eyes.

Caden mulls it over for a second.

But that's not a bad idea at all. Though we'll probably need to move to another inn soon. If anyone knows Yuck, they know we'll do business with him, thanks to our loud companion, so we'd better change habitat if we wanna avoid being sniffed out.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-12, 09:01 PM
Heh.

Yeah, our friend is quite niaive. I do hope we can manage to train him before he gets us killed. Anyway, we should get back before he says or does something else that causes us problems.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-13, 09:58 AM
Nah, I like it. He keeps it from being boring.

Caden follows Hollin back to the inn and lays out their idea to the others.

Zazori
2011-12-14, 02:14 AM
As you come inside you see Drath trying to communicate with some of the people in the inn.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-14, 04:51 AM
Alright, thank you, Barkeep. Do I return the key to you now, or when my companions and I check out? In any case, my companions and I would like two rooms, please. How much will this cost us?

Zazori
2011-12-15, 11:20 AM
Alright, thank you, Barkeep. Do I return the key to you now, or when my companions and I check out? In any case, my companions and I would like two rooms, please. How much will this cost us?

I'd like the key back please.
Two rooms will cost 5sp he answers you.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-15, 04:02 PM
Right.

Here's you key, then And *returns key, then digs in his pouch* hmm... seems I forgot to break any of my big coins. Umm... how much for meals for my companions and I? Would a gold cover them and the rooms? *pulls out a gold*

Zazori
2011-12-16, 02:05 AM
Right.

Here's you key, then And *returns key, then digs in his pouch* hmm... seems I forgot to break any of my big coins. Umm... how much for meals for my companions and I? Would a gold cover them and the rooms? *pulls out a gold*

Sure, it will He says with a smile.

ebbsorcerer
2011-12-16, 08:24 AM
Great, Ben thinks, Now we're marked for sure. I'll be sleeping on all my possessions, tonight.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-16, 11:07 AM
Caden catches the barmans smile, and tries an obvious bluff, hoping the others will support it.

Thanks Hollin. I am all out after the last inn we stayed at.

Bluff: [/roll]1d20+7[roll]

I'd better not wake up without my wallet tomorrow. Or my spleen. Caden thinks, and shudders.

Zazori
2011-12-16, 11:28 AM
The barkeep hands you the keys to two rooms.
Number 35 and 36, just up the stairs and keep going until you see them. he points at the stairs up.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-16, 05:58 PM
Hollin hands the barkeep a gold piece and takes the keys, keeps the key to room 35 and hands the key to room 36 to Ben. Alright, guys let's make ourselves comfortable, shall we? Do you serve meals at a particular time, or should we just come down whenever we're ready to eat, Barkeep?

Zazori
2011-12-17, 05:49 AM
Hollin hands the barkeep a gold piece and takes the keys, keeps the key to room 35 and hands the key to room 36 to Ben. Alright, guys let's make ourselves comfortable, shall we? Do you serve meals at a particular time, or should we just come down whenever we're ready to eat, Barkeep?

Whenever you're ready he nods.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-18, 11:11 AM
Caden climbs the stairs to their room and unpacks. Checking everything is in order, and that he still has the multi-colored gem, he awaits nightfall and the meeting with Yuck.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-21, 06:20 AM
Hmm... Caden, might you care to search the room, incase there's anything... interesting... to be found in it? I can help you, abit, if you like?

Seach Check (If Caden agrees to search, it's an aid another attempt, if not it's a normal search attempt. I don't have trapfinding, so I suppose I can't help with that, but I should be able to help with secret doors and other misc. things.)
[roll0]

ebbsorcerer
2011-12-21, 12:24 PM
Ben heads up to Room 36 with whoever else cares to join him, and after examining the room (Take 20) for anything out of place, sets his backpack down on the bed to serve as his pillow before going to bed.

AshesOfOld
2011-12-21, 04:00 PM
Certainly.

Caden searches the room with Hollin, albeit a bit unenthusiastically.

search [roll0]

The Big Orc
2011-12-21, 08:58 PM
Drath will head up with Ben to room 36. "We really have no information about our target. What are you searching through the room for? Did someone know we were coming, going to be in this room and plant a trap?" Drath laughs at this last bit. "Ah well, I am not the one who others will talk to so no point in me attempting to get any information." Drath starts taking off his armor, occasionally asking for help with a strap or a buckle.

Zazori
2011-12-22, 11:07 AM
You find nothing, do you intend to wake up at night or in the morning?

Chilingsworth
2012-01-02, 06:52 PM
at night. We have an 11pm appointment.