PDA

View Full Version : Help with Arkham City

thorgrim29
2011-11-24, 02:47 PM
Hi, I just bought Arkham city, but for some reason it's in French (probably cause windows is set in french on my computer), and while French IS my first language I have zero interest in playing the game in french because I'm used to the english VAs and french dubbing is awful most of the time. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

This is the first time this happens to me with a steam game BTW.

Arbitrarity
2011-11-24, 02:57 PM
That's a Games For Windows Live problem, not a Steam issue.
My assumption is that GFWL read your windows language settings, then copied them into your GFWL profile. I'm pretty sure you can change that, just need to find it...

Eh, apparently http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2245712

"Users\YOURNAME\Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City\BmGame\Config"

Edit the "UserEngine.ini" file. Look for this line: "Language=".
Just replace the three following letters by "ENG" if you want the original voices/texts.

Just remember you'll have to do that EACH time you'll make a change in your settings.
Silly localization.

thorgrim29
2011-11-24, 05:10 PM
Thanks a lot

thorgrim29
2011-11-27, 01:37 PM
Well, I've encountered a main-quest stopping bug, don't know if anyone else had that problem:

This is during protocol 10, I hunted down the chopper with the control program and hacked it, so I have the code. Now my objective marker is the observation deck and when I reload the game I have the picture of batman saying he has the code, so that's not the problem. Thing is, when I go to the observation deck I can't open the damn door and get the message I need the TIGER code. What the hell?