PDA

View Full Version : Explosion Hans

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-24, 06:28 PM
So for an impromptu campaign tomorrow I hope to use a part of my PHB that has seen little to no light of day. Alchemical Items: Acid, Fire, Thunderstones, Tanglefoot bags, sunrod or smoke sticks. As well as some little explosives Incan think of, first thought was a Pathfinder Alchemist, but DM will have enought to deal with in the form of the other players. So I'm hoping to keep as much to the books as possible. I'm thinking some form of Gnome Fighter with the Grenadier feat and the Mad Alchemist feat that gives those combat maneuvers. However beyond those bits, I'm stumped. I've seen home brew all around the playground to make it better. But none that really follow core. Looking for like lower level advice.

nedz
2011-11-24, 07:17 PM
Do you want to make these things, or just throw them ?

I don't see much point in the usual throwing feats with the exception of Quick Draw, for when you get multiple attacks.

Rather than throwing things you could dip a level of Sorc or Wiz for Launch Item [SpC]. This cantrip would allow you to place things at medium range: 110'+

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-24, 07:43 PM
Do you want to make these things, or just throw them ?

I don't see much point in the usual throwing feats with the exception of Quick Draw, for when you get multiple attacks.

Rather than throwing things you could dip a level of Sorc or Wiz for Launch Item [SpC]. This cantrip would allow you to place things at medium range: 110'+

Both if possible.
And really? Wow, that's far.