PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Aging on a Timeless Plane

zimmerwald1915
2011-11-25, 02:35 AM
Normally, creatures on planes or demiplanes with the Timeless quality will not age while they remain on that plane or demiplane. Even outsiders (not Outsiders, non-natives to the plane or demiplane in question) would have to exit the plane in order for the time spent there to affect them. Normally this isn't a problem, but I had an idea I can't let go that involves a denizen of a Timeless demiplane having to selectively breed a number of humanoids that made their way to their domain. I should mention that this denizen, and all the denizens, cannot leave the demiplane on their own or create exits from the demiplane for others. The point of the program is to take advantage of the humanoids - who stumbled in and can presumably stumble out - so that when they leave they can summon the native denizens from their prison. In order to make such a program work, the offspring need to grow and develop to maturity, that is they need to age.

My trouble is that I can't find a good way to make them do this. At the moment the best idea I can come up is that every few hours an 11+ level cleric or monster with 11+ level cleric casting would cast Mass Planar Adaptation on the offspring until they'd reached sexual maturity and could be used in the breeding program. Is there a better/more permanent way to accomplish what I want?

I would prefer it if the solutions offered were achievable by characters of level 11 or lower.

deuxhero
2011-11-25, 03:51 AM
Think with portals.

Either send them off plane or into a planar bubble.

zimmerwald1915
2011-11-25, 05:06 AM
Think with portals.

Either send them off plane or into a planar bubble.
I wish I could. It would make things easier.

Analytica
2011-11-28, 08:52 AM
Sands of Time spell with some strange enhancements on it?

EDIT: Or creative use of Threefold Aspect? Mother/Father aspect should be fertile.

charcoalninja
2011-11-28, 08:58 AM
The domain could be cursed, Bestow curse can age people and so use that. People on the plane are affected with a curse until they reach sexual maturity/adulthood.

Or since you're the DM making a crazy demiplane of crazy, just say the timeless only kicks in at adulthood and call it a day. You don't need a spell description for awesome.