PDA

View Full Version : Alternate dispels

Talesin
2011-11-25, 06:01 AM
Is there a way for a fighter to get a dispel? I'm currently level 8 and our group is really struggling with buffed enemies.

We have a fighter, a Fighter/Barb/Thief, Sorcerer and a Ranger. The Sorcerer doesn't have dispel magic yet, though i'm sure he'll take it soon, but I was wondering whether there are other ways that I could do it.

I know in 2ed there were arrows of dispelling, or something similar, and there's an antimagic field which would pseudo solve the problem. However given i've not got a huge amount of gold i'm looking for other ways to solve this problem. Any ideas?

supermonkeyjoe
2011-11-25, 07:09 AM
Oil of dispel magic? Technically RAW legal but not very practical.

Feytalist
2011-11-25, 07:16 AM
So you... rub it onto your target?

Yeah, I'll pay to see that.

CTrees
2011-11-25, 08:04 AM
Iron Heart Surge?

Golden Ladybug
2011-11-25, 08:14 AM
The Dispelling Weapon quality (and its big brother, the Greater Dispelling property) from the Magic Items Compedium seems like its just up your alley. Costs a +1 or +2 enhancement, depending on what you want, and can be used 3/day when you hit things with the enchanted weapon.

Darrin
2011-11-25, 08:15 AM
If you use the Dispelling property from MIC, you could create arrows of dispelling (or any other ammunition, such as shuriken) for about 166 GP (actually, 166.05 GP to be exact). Caster level is 5th, although you can upgrade to Greater Dispelling (CL = 15) for 366 GP.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-11-25, 08:57 AM
So you... rub it onto your target?

Yeah, I'll pay to see that.

Exactly, not very practical but you could always label is as "Oil of invulnerability" and sneak it into the enemies camp :p

Ravens_cry
2011-11-25, 09:38 AM
Exactly, not very practical but you could always label is as "Oil of invulnerability" and sneak it into the enemies camp :p

Or, if your using Pathfinder, Beguiling Gift (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/beguiling-gift).
Give it to the sorcerer/sorceress and grab the popcorn.