PDA

View Full Version : Evil Personified

DonutBoy12321
2011-11-25, 10:52 AM
For a game of mine, I need a final boss for the campaign. This boss is supposed to be the most corrupted, sinister, and generally evil person in the world. I need a build for him, so I turn to the Playground. What is the evilest build you can possibly think of?

elvengunner69
2011-11-25, 11:30 AM
For a game of mine, I need a final boss for the campaign. This boss is supposed to be the most corrupted, sinister, and generally evil person in the world. I need a build for him, so I turn to the Playground. What is the evilest build you can possibly think of?

Some sort of avatar of Asmodeous? What level will they be once they reach the final of the campaign?

Psyren
2011-11-25, 11:32 AM
Tons of baby-eating books out there; BoVD, Champions of Ruin, Exemplars of Evil, Elder Evils, FC1, FC2... read through them and build the most kitten-kicking and puppy-punching baddie you can imagine.

Jheska
2011-11-25, 11:34 AM
Debuffers are a classic way to play on the evil aspect. Somehow lowering your accuracy is more sadistic than boosting their AC and so on.

Tainted characters and PRC's may be your friend, though be warned they can create brutal characters and should be carefully understood.

Devote yourself to an elder evil for 5 free vile feats.

Hell gestalt it up, Paladin of tyrany into hexblade into something on one side from brutal defences and -4 to all saves. Some sort of controller on the other side, really focus on splitting the party cohesion up rather than just raw power.

Ravens_cry
Build hardly comes into it, though it helps. It's personality and character.

You can't just say "Oh, he's Evil Personified ,See, he has this Prestige Class that has Evil as an entry requirement."
You are going to have to show it, describe it.

DonutBoy12321
What level will they be once they reach the final of the campaign?
They'll be around level 20 at the end.

Jheska
2011-11-25, 11:36 AM
If he's a caster nothing says evil like metamagic rod empowered sudden widened etc Apocalypse from the sky.

Heck if he has the metamagic reducers to stack a fell drain on that all the 1 HD critters and commoners will be starting a wightpocalypse very soon.

elvengunner69
2011-11-25, 11:45 AM
They'll be around level 20 at the end.

Make him a level 20 Druid!!!! With a pet Red Dragon. Should make for a interesting last encounter...see if Druid is as overpowered as people say at least :thog:

Tokuhara
2011-11-25, 02:27 PM
My 2c

Race: Vashar
Class: Dread Necromancer 20/Incarnate 10/Necrocarnate 10

Give him a pseudo-ACF that gives him Lesser Worm That Walks instead of Lich at 20. Have him devoted to The Worm That Walks elder evil (focused on Necromancy) and summon Worm-Infested Necrocarnum Undead in the shape of the Army Of Darkness. As a Worm that Walks, he can escape death better than a Lich, and you can have him drag the campaign into "Nosebleed Territory" and make them face him when he becomes an Aspect of the Worm That Walks!!! [Insert Evil Laugh here)

Wavelab
2011-11-25, 02:47 PM
I'd go with a wizard and then just slap a bunch of vile feats on him, use the planar substitution thing to make all his spells evil, and in Fiend Folio(I think :smallbiggrin:) there are rules for doing services for devils and you can get the ability to cast a spell once or something. He can be heavily in debt with the Nine Hells and basically screw the party using only diabolical power.

TroubleBrewing
2011-11-25, 02:53 PM
I'm always an advocate of DMM Cleric of Hextor.

Suddo
2011-11-25, 03:00 PM
My 2c

Give him a pseudo-ACF that gives him Lesser Worm That Walks instead of Lich at 20. Have him devoted to The Worm That Walks elder evil (focused on Necromancy) and summon Worm-Infested Necrocarnum Undead in the shape of the Army Of Darkness. As a Worm that Walks, he can escape death better than a Lich, and you can have him drag the campaign into "Nosebleed Territory" and make them face him when he becomes an Aspect of the Worm That Walks!!! [Insert Evil Laugh here)

These are good, a splash of Paladin and Hexblade might be good though it takes away from him being a caster, though this may not be a bad thing.

Psyren
2011-11-25, 03:01 PM
Vashar Necrocarnate dedicated to Sertrous? :smalltongue:

Zonugal
2011-11-25, 03:15 PM
What about taking some inspiration from LOST?

A sentry ooze living spell of Mindrape, Shapechange and Telekinesis, after that throw some class levels on top of it?

Calanon
2011-11-25, 03:27 PM
I believe this is going to turn into a "Who can make the most messed up encounter for a party" thread :smallamused:

DonutBoy12321
2011-11-25, 11:14 PM
I believe this is going to turn into a "Who can make the most messed up encounter for a party" thread :smallamused:

What other logical path is there for the thread?
Thanks to Psyren for the baby-eating book list. I'll have to look at those.

Dragonsoul
2011-11-25, 11:47 PM
I do believe its all about style, you can have all the fancy classes you like, but it isn't worth a damn if you as a DM can't pull it off. (Although that said I tend to go for the more outgoing villains, depraved villains could probably be exemplified through there actions easier, for example a caster who casts Hold person before slitting your throat with a knife-Just so he look into your eyes as the light fades...

Psyren
2011-11-26, 03:09 AM
A sentry ooze living spell of Mindrape, Shapechange and Telekinesis, after that throw some class levels on top of it?

Zero for three: Not one of those is legal for Living Spell.

Thanks to Psyren for the baby-eating book list. I'll have to look at those.

No problem, and I forgot to add Libris Mortis and Heroes of Horror (for tainty squick if nothing else.)

Calanon
2011-11-26, 03:34 AM
My 2c

Level 40 YES!!!!.
Why not just go with Atropus?
Put the phylactery on the Atropus Moonlet.
What is this "Aspect" you speak of?

Zero for three: Not one of those is legal for Living Spell.

If i remember correctly the Legal targets for them are, Evocations, Illusions, Abjurations, and I THINK Necromancy... Can't remember the name of the book living spell is from...

EDIT: Silly me, it only works on spells that have an Area or an Effect :smallbiggrin:

Endarire
2011-11-26, 03:39 AM
Alamar the Benevolent - Level 26 Important Character
Note: All base classes indicated use their Ultimate (http://antioch.snow-fall.com/files/members/Endarire/DnD/) versions when available.

Lawful Evil Divine Rank 0 Warforged bard1/scourge1/bard+3/ur-priest2/dragonslayer1/divine oracle2/sublime chord1/fochluran lyrist9/sublime chord+1/exotic weapon master1 (exotic flurry)/marshall1 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030906b) (motivate charisma)/warblade1 (iron heart surge)/archmage1 (mastery of counterspelling).

His ECL is 26 aside from the divine rank.

House Rules
No alignment restrictions on bards.
Warforged suffer no ASF.
Divine rank 0 grants immunity to rust.
Prescient sense counts as evasion for prereqs.
No favored classes nor multiclass experience penalties.
BAB and saves continue progressing into epic at their pre-epic rates.
Some feats are given without regard to the rules.
I use fractional BAB but not saves.

"Base" Attack Bonus: 26 with divine power, 21.25 total, 17.5 pre-epic

Stats
HP: 440, 170 base (All creatures with a divine rank have max HP per HD)

29: (18 base + 5 from a tome + 6 item)
29: (18 base + 5 from a tome + 6 item)
31: (20 base + 5 from a tome + 6 item)
27: (16 base + 5 from a tome + 6 item)
30: (18 base + 5 from a tome + 6 item + 1 level)
32: (16 base + 5 from a tome + 6 item + 5 level)

AC, Initiative, and Saves
AC: 40 = 10 + 13 (Armor) + 4 (shield) + 3 (DEX) + 5 (Natural) + 5 (Deflection) + 1 (Haste) - 1 (Trait)
Fortitude: 28 = 11 (Base) + 11 (CHA) + 6 (Resistance) [Mettle]
Reflex: 27 = 10 (Base) + 11 (CHA) + 6 (Resistance) [Evasion]
Will: 43 = 26 (Base) + 11 (CHA) + 6 (Resistance) [Mettle]
Initiative: 17 = 9 (DEX) + 4 (Imp Init) + 2 (Axe) + 2 (Trait)
Grapple: 36 = 27 (BAB) + 9 (STR) [Freedom of Movement]

Caster Level = HD+X
Bard: 28
Scourge: 27
Ur-Priest: 27
Sublime Chord: 28 + arcane power (4)

Bard Spells Known
0 (Infinity, DC30)
Whatever

1 (6, DC31)
Beastland Ferocity
Grease
Whatever

2 (4, DC32)
Blur
Glitterdust
Whatever

3 (3, DC33)
Haste
Displacement

Sublime Chord Spells Known
4 (12, DC34)
Charm Monster
Enervation
Evard's Black Tentacles
Fire Shield
Wraithstrike

5 (10, DC35)
Dominate Person
Feeblemind
Wall of Force

6 (10, DC36)
Antimagic FIeld
Disintegrate
Otto's Irresistable Dance

7 (7, DC37)
Forcecage
Limited Wish
Reverse Gravity
Superior Dispel
Teleport Errorlessly

8 (7, DC38)
Dimensional Lock
Maze
Horrid Wilting
Superior Invisibility

9 (5, DC39)
Dominate Monster
Reaving Dispel
Shapechange
Time Stop

Typical Ur-Priest Spells
1 (7, DC30)
Sanctuary

2 (7, DC31)
Enthrall
Silence

3 (6, DC32)
Knight's Move (Self, swift, Move up to 65' to flank a creature)

4 (6, DC33)
Assay Resistance
Delay Death
Greater Blindsight (60' blindsight)

5 (6, DC34)
Flame Strike
Righteous Might

6 (6, DC35)
Bestow Greater Curse
Harm
Heal

7 (4, DC36)
Blasphemy
Dictum
Repulsion (Self, 10'/level radius, creatures can't enter repulsed area, 1 round/level (D), Will neg)

8 (3, DC37)
Greater Spell Immunity
Unholy Aura

9 (2, DC38)
Energy Drain
Gate (primal elementals, elemental monoliths, balors, solars)
Implosion
Mass Heal

Warblade Maneuvers Known (3)
Disarming Strike (Standard): Make a single attack. If you hit and deal damage, initiate a disarm attempt without provoking.
Iron Heart Surge (Standard)
Iron Heart Endurance (Standard): When your HP is at half max at most, you may heal 52 HP.

Warblade Maneuvers Readied (3)
Disarming Strike
Iron Heart Surge
Iron Heart Endurance

Warblade Stances
Thicket of Blades: Any creature that moves within your reach provokes, even via a 5' step.

Continuous Effects (CL=HD), Items, Permanencies, Nonmagical
Bardic Music x20
Blindsight 60'
Blur
Contingencies:
ON DEATH/DESTRUCTION ASSUMING I WANT TO: Revitify/+125 HP/15 levels of Spell Turning (22 times)
ON DEATH ASSUMING I WANT TO: Plane shift me to a random spot on the plane of earth, revivify, and heal (x2)
WHEN I WANT TO: Superior dispel area around me (+25), open Gate above me to Gralkor's site, Reverse Gravity on me (x3)
Crit Immunity
Deeper Darkvision
Displacement
Divine Power
DR 10/epic
Evasion
Fast Healing 10
Fire Resist 5
Fire Shield (Anti-Cold)
Fly
Foresight
Freedom
Freedom of Movement
Haste
Lyric Spell
Mettle
Mind Blank
Misleading Alignment (LG)
Ray Deflection
Rebuke Undead x18
Retribution (Half damage taken in melee is reflected to the dealer)
Shield
Sonorous Hum
Spell Resistance 43 (12+HD+5)
Spell Resistance 32
Spell Immunity (Antimagic Ray, Black Blade of Disaster, Holy Word, Horrid Wilting, Silence, Word of Chaos)
Spell Turning (15 levels of spells)
True Seeing
Universal Elemental Immunity
Wraithstrike

Feats
Arcane Strike (9)
Auto-Still & Silent Spell
Chain Spell
Cleave
Combat Reflexes
Divine Metamagic (Persistent)
Divine Might
Extend Spell (1)
Extraordinary Concentration (21)
Extraordinary Spell Aim (24)
Great Cleave
Improved Critical (Unarmed)
Improved Counterspell
Improved Initiative
Improved Spell Capacity (10)
Improved Unarmed Strike
Iron Will (1)
Multispell
Persistent Spell (1)
Power Attack
Quicken Spell
Reactive Counterspell
Skill Focus (Bluff) (3)
Skill Focus (Knowledge (Religion)) (6)
Skill Focus (Diplomacy) (24 - Marshall1)
Spell Stowaway (Time Stop)

Weapon Stats
Midsection
Rod of Absorption

Heads
Thinaun (weapon captures 1 soul per head)
Base: +1
Enhancements (CL27): +5 (GMW), ghost touch, flaming burst, acidic burst, sonic, disrupting
Proficiency, Ready, Weapon Focus, Imp Critical, TWF, ITWF, GTWF, Perfect TWF
Other Enhancements: Everdancing, unholy, axiomatic, wounding, speed, major spell storing, metalline, throwing, returning, distance (30' range), sure striking, spellblade (Prismatic Sphere, Prismatic Wall)

Damage:
(TWF: Primary Head) +39/+39/+39/+34/+29, d8+14+d6 fire+d6 acid+d6 sonic+1 CON +2d6 vs good +2d6 vs chaos, 19x3 +3d10 fire and 3d10 acid on a crit
Spell Stored: reaving dispel
(TWF: Off-hand) +39/+39/+39/+34/+29, d8+9+d6 fire+d6 acid+d6 sonic+1 CON +2d6 vs good +2d6 vs chaos, 19x3 +3d10 fire and 3d10 acid on a crit
Spell Stored: reaving dispel
^Add 2 accuracy if not TWFing and another 2 if not flurrying. -5 accuracy if not using divine power.^

Unarmed Strikes
Enhancements (CL27): +5 (GMW), ghost touch, flaming burst, acidic burst, sonic, disrupting
Proficiency, Ready, Weapon Focus, Imp Critical, TWF, ITWF, GTWF, PTWF
Other Enhancements: Wounding, sure striking, unholy, axiomatic, metalline

Damage
Unarmed: +43/+43/+39/+34/+29, d8+9+d6 fire+d6 acid+d6 sonic+1 CON +2d6 vs good +2d6 vs chaos, 19x2 +2d10 fire and 2d10 acid on a crit

Flaws & Traits
Aggressive (T)

Resistances & Immunities
DR 10/epic (Rank0)
Fire resistance 5 (Rank0)
Immortal. He doesn't need food, sleep, or air. (His stats are for a standard warforged.)
Immunity to ability damage/drain, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, transmutation. (Rank0)
Immunity to nausea, poison, disease, sleep, paralyzation, fatigue, exhaustion, and sickness. (Warforgedness)
Immunity to rust. (House rule.)
SR 32 (Rank0)

Special Abilities
Bard Song: This is mostly for Fochluran and Song of Arcane Power since inspire courage is a mind-affecting effect to which Alamar is immune. (Bard1)
Tyrant: -2 saves on all enemies within 10 feet (Scourge1)
All Nonexotic Weapon & Armor Proficiencies (Scourge1)
Lesser Dark Blessing/Lesser Divine Grace: Use either CHA or the normal stat for determining saves. (Scourge1 with my house ruling)
Rebuke 13x Daily: Divine Metamagic, baby! (Ur-Priest2)
Prescient Sense/"Evasion": Evasion regardless of his armor or load (Divine Oracle2)
Song of Arcane Power: +4 arcane caster level (Sublime Chord2)
Exotic Flurry: What's -2 with a total bonus of over 40? (Exotic Weapon Master1)
Twin Exotic Weapon Fighting (Exotic Weapon Master2)
Motivate Charisma (Marshall1)

Vulnerabilities
-Area direct damage spells: He'll probably beat SR and pass every save, thereby taking nothing; however, in the slight chance this works, it has some potential. Spell Compendium's moonbow works well as would an energy subbed scorching ray.
-Plane shift or gate: If it works, it's a very short victory. This isn't very viable.
-Area dispels.
-Physical damage: He gives it and takes it. A slugfest is the most reliable way to kill him.

the_david
2011-11-26, 03:49 AM
What do you want him to do?
In Bastion of Broken Souls the BBEG Ashardalon is a Great Wyrm Red Dragon with a Half-Fiend template. His heart is a Balor. (Yes, a whole Balor) When the Players find him he is eating unborn souls, somewhere in the Positive Energy Plane. (Causing children to be born without a soul)

That is Evil.

Luka
2011-11-26, 10:46 AM
An Unholy Scion from Heroes of Horror would've one possibly?
it's so bad it hurts good-aligned people just by touching them.

limejuicepowder
2011-11-26, 01:56 PM
I second other posts and agree that class levels mean almost nothing as far as making evil villains. Demeanor, attitude, catch phrases, and actual acts make a person evil - not what spells they can cast and what feats they have. With that in mind, I think it's easier to work backwards: think of what awful things you want the BBEG to do (and what he will probably have to escape from), then pick his classes based on that.

Personally, I'm a fan of the calm sophisticate, carrying out despicable acts with nary a twitch or hesitation. He (she) keeps cold eye contact with the PC's while lazily slaughtering captives to bolster his own power. "Did you think you would get here in time? So did they...I wonder what the last thing that went through their minds was, before their souls were devoured by the Elder One..."

I think a major aspect of making someone sufficiently evil is controlling the encounter: one of the players in my group has a hair-trigger initiative-rolling finger; the second I mention the BBEG is in the room she's declaring her charge attack. While it's not terribly realistic, having time to trade some banter and for the evil guy to monologue a bit goes a long way towards painting a picture of vileness. I often give the BBEG some way to delay combat for that very reason (minions, CC, etc).

Rubik
2011-11-26, 02:40 PM
I don't remember where it was, but I saw a build with thrallherd (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/thrallherd.htm) and body leech (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040925a) that used the armor from the Book of Vile Darkness that casts Shield Other on the victims shackled to the armor by chains and collars. The guy leashed children, and in order to kill him, the PCs had to slaughter all the children first. Of course, since they were drawn to the thrallherd, the children begged the PCs to stop hurting their friend, and I believe one of the players (not the PCs, the players) had to leave the table because he couldn't handle the encounter (though I could be wrong about that).

deuxhero
2011-11-26, 02:42 PM
Daemons are made of evil (Demons are evil and chaos Devils are law and evil, but Daemons are made from evil alone).

Rogue Shadows
2011-11-26, 02:54 PM
Build hardly comes into it, though it helps. It's personality and character.

You can't just say "Oh, he's Evil Personified ,See, he has this Prestige Class that has Evil as an entry requirement."
You are going to have to show it, describe it.

This. Build a character right - and by this I mean personality, motivation, and actions - and you can pass off the LG paladin as an unstoppable evil force that must be stopped no matter the cost.

In my most recent campaign, I had my players in the end fight a gauntlet of the most evil beings in the Universe (here defined, in order, as: Devimon, Hexxus, Him, and Chernabog), finishing the whole thing off with them fighting Darkness.

Not the incarnation of darkness, not the god of darkness, but Darkness, itself. Here personified as the demon from Legend.

"There is a balance to the Universe. The struggle to maintain that balance is the stuff of legends...for there can be no good without evil. No love without hate. Life needs death - innocence creates lust. There can be no Heaven without Hell...no light...without...ME! I am Darkness..."

Morph Bark
2011-11-26, 02:55 PM
No problem, and I forgot to add Libris Mortis and Heroes of Horror (for tainty squick if nothing else.)

Let's not forget Lords of Madness for a different flavour of Evil.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 02:57 PM
Something that heavily realizes on cha: I can imagine them playing all sides against each other so he stands victorious when they all manage to destroy themselves. Best to go caster and use illusion and enchantment spells.

Rubik
2011-11-26, 03:04 PM
Not the incarnation of darkness, not the god of darkness, but Darkness, itself. Here personified as the demon from Legend.Meh. I cast Magic Missile.

Victoria
2011-11-26, 03:05 PM
As for a personality, I've always been a fan of the "fallen hero" archetype. It's always felt a bit more sinister for me to see someone who used to be doing so much good in the world turn into a force of evil.

For popular media inspiration, think Anakin Skywalker -> Darth Vader.

Rogue Shadows
2011-11-26, 03:08 PM
Meh. I cast Magic Missile.

Wasn't available. We were playing my Saga Edition D&D, which didn't include magic missile because I couldn't reconcile the Skill-based casting system with my innate need to make it never miss.

I'd rather not include the spell at all then include it and make it have a miss chance, so, no magic missile.

Rubik
2011-11-26, 03:11 PM
Wasn't available. We were playing my Saga Edition D&D, which didn't include magic missile because I couldn't reconcile the Skill-based casting system with my innate need to make it never miss.

I'd rather not include the spell at all then include it and make it have a miss chance, so, no magic missile.As a fan of geeky gaming humor, I find myself mortally offended.

HAVE AT THEE, KNAVE!

DonutBoy12321
2011-11-26, 03:11 PM
This. Build a character right - and by this I mean personality, motivation, and actions - and you can pass off the LG paladin as an unstoppable evil force that must be stopped no matter the cost.

In campaigns I DM, paladins generally go a little overboard (delusionally slaying innocents because they are a Drow. Could be a mild-mannered carpenter, but he's a Drow.) This might actually be valid as an option.

Calanon
2011-11-26, 03:18 PM

I'd rather not include the spell at all then include it and make it have a miss chance, so, no magic missile.

I cast Magic Missle at the darkness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsCHIKTRYRk) Set to My little pony just for you.

:biggrin: ANYWAY~

I always enjoyed the Idea of evil being born (See Heroes of Horror Page 155-156 for Unholy Scion) Let the heroes see that Evil comes in all shapes, sizes and age categories... The idea is that the Heroes have to kill the baby inside of a women before she gives birth to an evil spawn that will usher in a new age of darkness the world has never seen... However to kill the baby would mean they have to kill the women first... bonus points if you do the whole Thrallherder thing except instead of children they are charmed pregnant women :smallamused:

Wings of Peace
2011-11-26, 03:41 PM
Dread Necromancer 12/Dread Witch 5/Nightmare Spinner 3

Rogue Shadows
2011-11-26, 03:43 PM
As a fan of geeky gaming humor, I find myself mortally offended.

HAVE AT THEE, KNAVE!

You try coming up with -

- hang on *draws sword* need to defend myself here -

- you try coming up with a balanced Skill-check based version of magic missile that both doesn't miss and gets more powerful the higher check result you get.

In campaigns I DM, paladins generally go a little overboard (delusionally slaying innocents because they are a Drow. Could be a mild-mannered carpenter, but he's a Drow.) This might actually be valid as an option.

The two most important things I ever read concerning Paladins: the Heirs of Ash trilogy, a series of Eberron novels which contain the paladin Eraina d'Deneith, who's possibly the best example of a good paladin ever, and the following part of an essay from the D&D wiki:

Nothing causes more arguments in-game than Paladins. Can Paladins kill baby kobolds? What about baby mind flayers? Honestly, while these questions have generated a lot of ink and a lot of bad feelings, they aren't important. Paladins are Lawful Good, but they aren't "champions of Law and Good" – that's an Archon. A Paladin doesn't get Smite Chaos, they aren't forced to abandon team members who behave in a Chaotic fashion (whatever that means). Paladins are Champions of Good™ and they are required to be Lawful. Whether or not that makes any sense depends on how you're handling Law and Chaos.

Paladins are as Good as any character can be, and they are required to follow a code of conduct. However, following this code is no what makes them Good, we know this because Clerics of Good (who detect as being just as Good as Paladins) don't have to follow that code. The code is completely arbitrary, and has no bearing on the relative Goodness of a character. Paladins also lose their powers if they don't drink for a few days, but that doesn't put Blackguards in danger of losing their alignment when they quaff a glass of water.

The Paladin's code is uncompromising, but it is also exhaustive about what it won't allow:

The Use of Poison: If a park ranger hits a bear with a tranq dart, that's not an Evil act. Poison isn't any more or less Evil than a blade. Paladins can't use poison because they agreed not to – not because there's anything wrong with poison. Maybe Paladins only get to keep their magically enhanced immune system so long as they don't take it for granted by using things that would tax it on purpose. Maybe their concern for public safety is so great that they are only willing to use weapons that look like weapons. Whatever. The point is that Paladins have to be Good and they can't use Poison, and these are separate restrictions.

Lies: A Paladin can't lie. Whether telling a lie is a good or evil act depends on what you're saying and who you are saying it to. But a Paladin won't do it. That means that if the Nazis come to the door and demand to know if the Paladin is hiding any Jews (she is), she can't glibly say "No." That does not mean that she has to say "Yes, they're right under the stairs!" – it means that she has to tell the Nazis point blank "I'm not going to participate in your genocidal campaign, it's wrong." This will start a fight, and may get everyone killed, so the Paladin is well within her code to eliminate the middle man and just stab the Gestapo right there before answering. That's harsh, but the Paladin's code isn't about doing what's easy, or even what's best. It's about doing what you said you were going to.

Cheating: Paladin's don't cheat. They don't have to keep playing if they figure out that someone else is cheating, but they aren't allowed to cheat at dice to rescue slaves or whatever. Again, there's nothing Good about not cheating, it's just something they have to do in addition to being Good all the time.

Association Restrictions: Paladins are not allowed to team up with Evil people. They aren't allowed to offer assistance to Evil people and they aren't allowed to receive assistance from Evil people. Intolerance of this sort isn't Evil, but it isn't Good either. It's just another thing that Paladins have to do.

Zale
2011-11-26, 06:39 PM
I don't remember where it was, but I saw a build with thrallherd (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/thrallherd.htm) and body leech (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040925a) that used the armor from the Book of Vile Darkness that casts Shield Other on the victims shackled to the armor by chains and collars. The guy leashed children, and in order to kill him, the PCs had to slaughter all the children first. Of course, since they were drawn to the thrallherd, the children begged the PCs to stop hurting their friend, and I believe one of the players (not the PCs, the players) had to leave the table because he couldn't handle the encounter (though I could be wrong about that).

This is the most evil thing I've seen so far.

The rest are sort of "Evil because the game says so"..

hamishspence
2011-11-27, 06:28 AM
Association Restrictions: Paladins are not allowed to team up with Evil people. They aren't allowed to offer assistance to Evil people and they aren't allowed to receive assistance from Evil people. Intolerance of this sort isn't Evil, but it isn't Good either. It's just another thing that Paladins have to do.

In the novels- and sometimes the gaming modules, this is relaxed somewhat- the only major restriction is that a paladin may not knowingly continue to have an Evil fellow party member.

The "Nonassociation clause" can have a degree of flexibility in it's interpretation.

sonofzeal
2011-11-27, 06:45 AM
The last character to come out of my Random Character Generator was perhaps not optimal, but kind of terrifying...

Daelkyr Half-Blood Hexblade who worships Diinkarazan, the mad god of Vengeance.

Since Hexblade is kind of underpowered, you could compensate with a couple extra levels over what you'd normally do. This has the side-effect of making him noticeably more durable, which is a prime asset against a heavy action advantage the PCs will probably enjoy.

Not quite force-PCs-to-kill-children evil.... but still creepy as heck. This guy is a nasty mix of all kinds of badness, and the symbiont thing is seriously squicky if you play it right.

And perhaps most importantly... the Dice Gods have told you to play this. Defy them at your peril.

dspeyer
2011-11-27, 07:27 AM
You have to build up the evil...

His demonic assistant wants to join the party because the BBEG has gone too far. If he is allowed to, he causes constant trouble by killing and maiming random bystanders (just so no one gets the idea that he's basically good inside).

All of his mooks whisper "thank you" when you kill them.

DonutBoy12321
2011-11-27, 10:51 AM
All of his mooks whisper "thank you" when you kill them.

Actually, with a Fiend of Blasphemy, he can force people to become cultists, then torture them at will if they disobey.

hushblade
2011-11-27, 11:32 AM
The last character to come out of my Random Character Generator was perhaps not optimal, but kind of terrifying...

Daelkyr Half-Blood Hexblade who worships Diinkarazan, the mad god of Vengeance.

Since Hexblade is kind of underpowered, you could compensate with a couple extra levels over what you'd normally do. This has the side-effect of making him noticeably more durable, which is a prime asset against a heavy action advantage the PCs will probably enjoy.

Not quite force-PCs-to-kill-children evil.... but still creepy as heck. This guy is a nasty mix of all kinds of badness, and the symbiont thing is seriously squicky if you play it right.

And perhaps most importantly... the Dice Gods have told you to play this. Defy them at your peril.

I am interested in your random character creator. link?

Rubik
2011-11-27, 02:21 PM
I had a Chaotic Neutral ghost build that could be serious creepy-evil. Originally, he was the stillborn spawn of Cthulu, and was far less EVIL than cleverly INSANE, but it could easily be turned Evil if you played him that way.

Try a changeling ghost 5/psywar//erudite/thrallherd with Illithid Heritage and Illithid Grapple x4. He would possess his enemies and the Illithid Grapple feats would kick in and make those he possessed explode into tentacles. And you wouldn't even need body leech here.

Have him do awful things, like haunt hive minds. Find a halfling were-rat-swarm to possess, and have all their beady little eyes follow the party creepily. Then change shape and turn into a pale little human child beggar and beg for some change, using Steal Item to take one of their items. Follow them through the crowd, and have your entire thrall network watch them. Have the PCs make Spot checks to notice that people in the crowd are watching them eerily. All of them have faintly glowing green eyes, but they otherwise seem to have nothing in common. Play up the creepiness angle. Then have him explode into a giant tentacle monster out of random people, only to escape right as they kill his body. Then do the same with something else later. Sacrifice your bodies evilly; you can always get more.

Do everything you can to make your players paranoid without actually screwing them over.

sonofzeal
2011-11-27, 05:45 PM
I am interested in your random character creator. link?
I made it in Excel (OpenOffice Calc, actually), so I'd have to email it to you. I have one that generates Race/Class/God, another for Sorc spells known, and a third for FvS spells known. I don't mind generating individual character for you if you want, though!