PDA

View Full Version : PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ReivaxTL
2011-11-25, 08:21 PM
The S.S. Marine, is about 3 hours out of Vermillion city. it has a crew of 96, and about 250 passengers, all of whom are trainers of varying level.
At the top of the ship is the observation deck, the largest room inside is the grand hall contests are held. the Battle Deck is in the front, battles off the the Battle Deck are uninsured(you pay for the damage you cause.).

4 miles away, the Red Current, (time every five years when so many magicarp leave there feading grounds for the vermillion gulf to breed that they form what looks like red rivers in the water) is in full swing.

Major
2011-11-25, 09:08 PM
Kara skipped along the boot humming to herself as Tina, Chuchu, Star, and Toga followed behind him.

Tina was flying on her left side and Star was flying on her right. Chuchu sat on her right shoulder, while Toga was carried in her arms.

Kara had never been on a boat before so each new sight interested her as she went from one side to the other and explored all over. The young girl looked over at the Magikarp and waved doubting they could see her, but still wanting to wave.

She had been a bit nervous when she had first received the invitation to ride along the boat since there was nobody she knew. However, this nervousness had faded when her new friend Tony told her he had also gotten one. Glad that she would know somebody on the boat, she had decided to go along.

It had been a normal day in the forest with her healing her friends, talking to her pokemon neighbors, and eating berries and apples. However, some man with a weird hat and bag of paperthingys had shown up. He had said he was a messenger for some company that Kara didn't recognize and that they were inviting trainers to come along on the trip. Despite the fact that she wasn't a trainer, they had heard about her and wanted her to come along as well.

And so, with invitation in hand, a friend along with her, and her pokemon pals to travel with her, the Viridian Trainer had gone to Vermillion City and boarded the ship.

She had explored the Battle Deck first, but she didn't like seeing all the pokemon fighting for no reason so she had left there. And now she found herself at the front of the boat looking out at the big ocean in wonder.

Eshkigal
2011-11-25, 09:10 PM
Meanwhile, in cabin 512...
"Relax, Lil' Helper. It suits you."
"Bone, bone! Cubone!"
The little cubone fidgets on a dresser as Tony inexpertly puts a tie on him, fumbling with the knot. Both are in suits, with a mess of a knot on Tony's tie.
"Do too know...no, wait. Over...under...should be at the sides...Well, you're hungry and the buffet has some level of etiquette required, right?"
"Bone?"
Tony pauses, and thinks.
"I...you know, that would explain why none of the other pokemon were dressed up. Alright then, you win. Shovels count as formal wear, right?"
He points to the dinged up shovel, sitting in the corner. Lil' Helper shakes his head rapidly, bone at his side as he begins taking off the itchier parts of his suit.
"If you say so. We ready then?"
"Cubone!"
With a small hop, Lil' Helper dismounts the dresser, and the two go to the door, and out into the hall.
"Wonder who's around."
With that, Tony wanders down the hall, headed left. Which, incidentally, is the wrong way.

Kantolin
2011-11-25, 09:46 PM
Slowly, Douglas' eyes opened.

And he immediately wedged them shut again. Mentally, he sighed at himself - every morning he seemed to forget how sensitive his eyes still were. Reaching, he pawed at the nearby desk - when his hand was gasped firmly but gently by a much larger one.

"Ah. Thanks, Truse."

Reaching with his other hand, he took his shaded glasses, putting them on. He could actually get by without them - keep his eyes dimmed until his eyes finally adjusted to the light, but he wasn't supposed to put excess strain on them, so no sense pushing the issue.

The now-darker room was easier on his eyes. He stretched, and hopped up with all the elegance of a brick.

"Choke?"

Truse was holding his satchel. He blinked for a moment, then nodded. "I guess I could use some fresh air. One moment."

The machoke half-smirked - that wasn't quite what he'd been trying to get across, but it was close enough. He watched as Douglas knelt by his carefully positioned eggs for a moment, readjusting one of them. "Ship's movements is making things a little rough. Oh well."

Standing, he reached for Truse's scarf out of habit. "Let's go."

The machoke opened the door, and led the breeder down the hallway - Douglas' sense of coordination was still pretty shot, and the movement of the boat kept him with a firm hand on the machoke's scarf... until he noticed another walking towards him, a cubone a bit behind him. He halted for a moment, watching him walk.

"Hey, wherever you're going, I'm pretty sure it's not that way. I've got the last room in this hall, and it dead ends after that."

The machoke placed one hand on his side, looking down at the cubone with a bit of a curious look.

Eshkigal
2011-11-25, 10:25 PM
"Oh? Sorry, Lil' Helper. Still not used to the ship."
"Boooone..."
The little pokemon scurries behind Tony's leg, eying the larger pokemon warily. Tony looks back up at the other person in the hall.
"Hi. Name's Tony...and you look familiar, sir, but I can't place where. Pretty sure I've met your machoke before, though. Hey, Mr. Machoke. Have we met?"
(Activating Zoopathy, HP: 75)

Kantolin
2011-11-25, 10:46 PM
Truse looked up, from the cubone to the person. Mostly nonplussed by the human being able to speak to him, he responded with a series of 'Choke's, which actually was, "Yours is a face I wouldn't forget. You came to check on Douglas after Guanaco died."

"I don't remember you either, but maybe you've seen Truse around Goldenrod?" Douglas responded, nodding to Truse for a moment, not understanding a word of that. "But where are you going? This ship is pretty huge, but I might be able to help out."

He glanced at the cubone. "The battle deck, maybe?"

Eshkigal
2011-11-25, 10:57 PM
Tony nods and follows along quite easily, chiming in at the end.
"Right! Hospital, after the explosion! No worries, Guanaco's still comfy on the other side. Reaper said so."
He peers at Douglas's eyes through the glasses.
"You ever get your sight back? Oh, and no, just going to feed Lil' Helper. Wanna come with?"
He picks the cubone up, and holds him in his arms. He waves with the arm not holding his club.
"Bone!" (If you know where the dining hall is, you are a good person.)

Kantolin
2011-11-25, 11:26 PM
"Yes, but I - "

And Douglas recoiled a bit, as if physically struck. "Wait, what?" Who was this guy? How did he know Guanaco? How did he know about the explosion?

Then again, it wasn't exactly a secret back home. Still, who... the hospital? He'd mentioned the hospital, but Douglas didn't actually remember much of the hospital itself.

Although he did remember Raleigh.

"Choke!" (Douglas is good with directions - he'll remember where food is once we walk.)

And with that, Truse took a step forward, gently moving Douglas - who then started walking on his own. "Er, r-right." He said in vague response to Tony's comment about food, as he lost himself in thought for a moment.

Eshkigal
2011-11-25, 11:35 PM
Tony watches the reactions pass on Douglas's face, and frowns, holding Lil' Helper closer.
"I messed up again, didn't I. Don't be mad, please? I just remember it 'cause the situation surrounding it doesn't happen too often! Please don't be mad, please. Can I try again? Maybe I should try that again. Hi, Doug. My name is Tony Melbourne, and I'm the guy who buried your camerupt while you were busted up, and brought you his soul's last message. He had no regrets, since you are alive. Remember?"
He shifts Lil' Helper around to a shoulder, and offers a hand to Doug, awkwardly.
"Pleased to make your acquaintance...erm...again. You have questions, I have answers, and a hungry cubone. Maybe I can better explain this while we go?"

Kantolin
2011-11-26, 12:24 AM
Douglas stopped, and spent a couple moments just staring at Tony.

This was partially as it generally took him a minute to parse information in his head, but also because that did sound familiar. Not really in his core memory - more like a fuzzy feeling of deja vu. This was mixed with an extended swirl of feelings - a conversation about Guanaco was nowhere on his list of expected talks for the day.

Truse nudged him a bit. He glanced at the machoke, who nodded. He then glanced at the outstretched hand he'd been ignoring - upon which he gave it a shake.

"I'm Douglas. Douglas Bóaire."

And after a moment, he forced a smile. "I'd love to hear it - he does seem eager to get food, though, so let's get going."

He turned to walk again, speeding up a bit.

PresentPresence
2011-11-26, 12:32 AM
Peter didn't want to be on this boat. He felt nervous, on-edge. He was surrounded by water, and if there was one thing Peter was afraid of, it was water. He couldn't swim, and neither could his Pokemon. Well, except for Chelonii...
"Tir! Tir!" His Tirtouga was happily swimming in the water off the side of the ship, dipping and diving with some other of the other trainer's Pokemon and s few stray Magikarp that had taken a break from the Red Current.
Peter lowered the binoculars he was using to view his Pokemon at play. "Well, I guess it's time we got going. Chelonii, playtime's over!" As soon as he had returned her to his pokeball, he checked on his other Pokemon. Eihwaz was running up and down Bulwark's back cheerfully, glad to be in such a sunny location. Bulwark and Brain were observing the other Pokemon and the trainers on the cruise. Valiant was standing next to Peter, looking towards the Battle Deck wistfully. "Valiant, you seem to be in the mood for a battle." "Lar." "Let's head that way. Maybe we'll find a good match. Bulwark, Brain! We're going to the Battle Deck." The Roggenrola jumped onto the Rhyhorn's shoulder and then its back in two swift hops. Its eye squinted, revealing what could possibly be a happy face. "Rola!" The Bonsly hopped over to sit next to the other rider, still cheerful as ever. "Alright, let's get a move on."

Eshkigal
2011-11-26, 12:37 AM
"Okay then!"
Visibly relieved, he follows after Truse and Doug.
"Sorry about that. Sometimes I forget who or what I'm talking to."
"Cuubone. Ba bone bone." (Sometimes meaning more often than not, Tony. We really have to work on getting you to the point where you don't have to read people's minds just to get through a conversation...)
"I don't have to resort to that every time. Sometimes I ask trees or their pokemon."
"Bone." (Sorry, but still as bad.)

ReivaxTL
2011-11-26, 01:11 AM
"Valiant, you seem to be in the mood for a battle." "Lar." "Let's head that way. Maybe we'll find a good match. Bulwark, Brain! We're going to the Battle Deck." The Roggenrola jumped onto the Rhyhorn's shoulder and then its back in two swift hops. Its eye squinted, revealing what could possibly be a happy face. "Rola!" The Bonsly hopped over to sit next to the other rider, still cheerful as ever. "Alright, let's get a move on."
the battle deck is a fluster of activity. there are ten league approved battle rinks, as well as enough space for a dozen more flexible battle types. There are all kinds of trainers of all ages, from battered veterans, to a few who could pass for children.
The first thing you see entering is a sign reminding you that even at sea the "earthquake" attack is very dangerous to those on shore and will be inefectivon the ship, followed by other similar notices

PresentPresence
2011-11-26, 03:44 AM
When Peter arrives at the Battle Deck, he and Valiant scout out potential opponents. There are all sorts of levels of trainers, and he didn't want to fight someone who was out of his league. Still, he appreciates a challenge, and wouldn't back down if somebody decided to challenge him. "Look tough, everybody. You too, Chelonii." He sent out his last Pokemon, rounding out his entourage. They each put on their own personal impression of "looking tough". Eihwaz gave his best eyebrow raise, Bulwark hunched his shoulders to try to look bigger, Brain somehow furrowed her ear, Chelonii crossed her fins, and Valiant put on a pair of his favorite sunglasses. "That's...not too shabby."

ReivaxTL
2011-11-26, 12:18 PM
When Peter arrives at the Battle Deck, he and Valiant scout out potential opponents. There are all sorts of levels of trainers, and he didn't want to fight someone who was out of his league. Still, he appreciates a challenge, and wouldn't back down if somebody decided to challenge him. "Look tough, everybody. You too, Chelonii." He sent out his last Pokemon, rounding out his entourage. They each put on their own personal impression of "looking tough". Eihwaz gave his best eyebrow raise, Bulwark hunched his shoulders to try to look bigger, Brain somehow furrowed her ear, Chelonii crossed her fins, and Valiant put on a pair of his favorite sunglasses. "That's...not too shabby."

you are approached by a young girl with a very strange looking scyther* hey! you looking for a battle? She asks I have been looking for some one tough to train some newer pokemon on.

*she is about 3 feet tall which makes her long coat look more silly then dramatic, and her baggy clothse make her look even younger then she is. Her Scyther is Salamence blue , it seems to have scales instead of plates, and its wings seem a bit leathery for a bug pokemon.

Kantolin
2011-11-26, 02:43 PM
Douglas' spirits became high again as he stepped onto the main deck - brisk sea air rushing past his face. He did enjoy being on boats - although as he was forced to clutch heavily on Truse for a moment as the boat shifted ever so slightly, he could do without the balance problems boats caused.

He'd never been terribly coordinated, but the doctor said his balance should return to at least moderate levels eventually.

He stopped, as did Truse - waiting a bit for Tony to catch up. "It's not too far now, just down there, belowdeck."

Discussion was still just a little uncomfortable, thus he kept going. "So that's... uh, little helper, right? He looks pretty happy to be around you."

Truse was actually focusing on looking at the other people on the upper deck as they kept walking.

Major
2011-11-26, 04:11 PM
Bored and not finding anyone Kara sighed and headed back the the battle deck. It seemed like everyone was hanging out there being mean to their pokemon.

She knew it was a boat for pokemon trainer's but it was still lame that they were all fighting. Finally after skipping around the boat she arrived at the battle deck.

Eshkigal
2011-11-26, 04:19 PM
"Yeah. I began raising him after his parents passed on. Kinda like a crazy pink uncle."
He looks where Doug points.
"Thanks, Doug. Say, have you encountered mystics before, by any chance? If so, this becomes a lot easier to explain."

PresentPresence
2011-11-26, 04:25 PM
You are approached by a young girl with a very strange looking Scyther. "Hey! You looking for a battle?", she asks. "I have been looking for someone tough to train some newer Pokemon on.""Someone tough, huh. Tough happens to be my middle name. Peter Tough St-...um Stallone."* He points to his Larvitar. "Valiant here's been itching for a battle ever since we got on this boat. That rink over there seems empty." They head over to one of the empty rinks and stand on opposite sides. "What are the rules for the match?"

*Peter tries to hide his identity when he can. His father is famous and wealthy, and not only does he want to avoid prejudice, but there have been times in the past when criminal organizations have tried to kidnap him.

Kantolin
2011-11-26, 05:38 PM
Douglas waited to respond until they were out of the doorway, and thus in the actual food cabin. It took a moment to find a seat due to the plethora of people therein - the servers were more than a little swamped, so it'd probably be a little bit.

"Mystic? Like Xatu?" He asked - Xatu was the 'mystic pokemon' after all, if he recalled correctly. But that brought up a second theory, which also would've explained a thing or two, "Oh, is that a kind of psychic?"

Truse, for his part, attempted to wave down a server whenever they came nearby - which once earned the group a hurried, "I'll be right with you!" for his trouble.

ReivaxTL
2011-11-26, 06:11 PM
"Someone tough, huh. Tough happens to be my middle name. Peter Tough St-...um Stallone."* He points to his Larvitar. "Valiant here's been itching for a battle ever since we got on this boat. That rink over there seems empty." They head over to one of the empty rinks and stand on opposite sides. "What are the rules for the match?"

*Peter tries to hide his identity when he can. His father is famous and wealthy, and not only does he want to avoid prejudice, but there have been times in the past when criminal organizations have tried to kidnap him.

How does and 3 vs 3 league battle sound?Dragon here is extremely lazy, she says pointing at the scyther. but my other pokemon could use a stretch. she then unleashes a wheel shaped pokemon, and what looks like a surskit except three times bigger.

ReivaxTL
2011-11-26, 07:14 PM
Douglas waited to respond until they were out of the doorway, and thus in the actual food cabin. It took a moment to find a seat due to the plethora of people therein - the servers were more than a little swamped, so it'd probably be a little bit.

"Mystic? Like Xatu?" He asked - Xatu was the 'mystic pokemon' after all, if he recalled correctly. But that brought up a second theory, which also would've explained a thing or two, "Oh, is that a kind of psychic?"

the food cabin is very crowed, not only with trainers but many also have pokemon out. Most of the people are mingling, but the rangers(characterized by the scared, yet meticulously neat appearance, that they sared with their pokemon) tended to keep away from the coordinators(characterized by their polished yet eccentric style), and the coordinators shared the sentiment.

Truse, for his part, attempted to wave down a server whenever they came nearby - which once earned the group a hurried, "I'll be right with you!" for his trouble.
The waiters obviously used to that sort of thing, gave truce a just a minute look, and met eyes with the room security to make sure they were watching.

Eshkigal
2011-11-26, 08:12 PM
Tony sits down across from Doug, after finding a booster seat for Lil' Helper.
"Eh...not quite, but close. Though that does remind me to look for one. More like I can channel pokemon like Truse or Lil' Helper-see through their eyes, understand what they say, borrow powers-that kind of thing, and deal with the occult. Such as, well, talking to the dead when they have not found their rest, which is a bit of a specialty. Like Guanaco, before I promised to tell you. Or the aerodactyl ghost in Eucreteak a few years back that wanted to protect its eggs even in death. Though I did come onboard with someone who's psychic, if you want to meet one."

Kantolin
2011-11-26, 09:18 PM
This again took Douglas a moment - he was a firm believer in taking your time to make sure you get the right answer.

See through a pokemon's eyes? Talk to pokemon?

He'd heard of people who could do that - well, who could do the latter anyway - but never figured he'd meet one. He glanced at Truse for a moment, who glanced back. Maybe that's why Truse seemed comfortable around him... although then again, Truse seemed comfortable around everybody.

Borrowing powers and talking to ghosts was a bit harder of a pill to swallow. On the one hand, he did seem to know Guanaco, but on the other hand it wasn't exactly a secret event. Still, he was a decent judge of personalities - this 'Tony' didn't seem like a bad guy - so it didn't hurt to at least humor him.

"That's okay - I was just curious. I haven't heard of a... a mystic before, though." He glanced back at Truse. "I guess I never thought about not having someone to actually talk to. So you spoke with Guanaco after... wards."

Truse gave a look around as Douglas spoke, before again focusing on Lil' Helper.

"Well, I'm glad he's happy, then." Or at least, he sure hoped so. Douglas readjusted his glasses. "Actually, though, if your psychic friend might want food, maybe we should get him now. This wait is only gonna get longer as time goes on, heh."

Eshkigal
2011-11-26, 09:30 PM
"Her. Her name's Kara, and I don't know where she would be. First time on a boat and all. As for talking afterwards, well, most people and pokemon just go. But it's nice being there for the ones who need it. Besides, talking to the dead's not really any different from me talking to my sableye, or a standard ghost type, right? Just...possibly morbid, now that I think about it."

ReivaxTL
2011-11-26, 10:04 PM
Bored and not finding anyone Kara sighed and headed back the the battle deck. It seemed like everyone was hanging out there being mean to their pokemon.

She knew it was a boat for pokemon trainer's but it was still lame that they were all fighting. Finally after skipping around the boat she arrived at the battle deck.

The battle deck is a sight tom see for sure. The place looks like a fortress turned inside out. there are about a dozen battles happening between all manner of pokemon, and room for at least as many more; the "deck" is made of concrete but covered in dirt, with a canal ruing through the middle for river pokemon.

suddenly you hear a voice behind you say"Stunning isn't it? how willing, and even eager they are to fight without reason."*

* if you look back you will see an older man with a short, neatly kept beard, short white hair, and a well kept officer uniform for a ranger. On his shoulder is what looks like a charizard, but is about the size of a cat.

Kantolin
2011-11-26, 10:10 PM
"Ah, her then. Just checking in case."

Douglas shifted in his seat, nodding after the first half of the response. He was mildly amused, however; why was meeting Kara suggested if he didn't know where she was? Still, no matter - he could be absent minded sometimes and had no desire to be rude.

"I definitely understand wanting to help pokemon." He placed his hands in his arms for a moment, elbows on the table. "I don't think I could really envy you that job, though - meeting with a lot of pokemon who haven't rested peacefully means you've been witness to a lot of tragedy. Going through that for others shows a pretty determined heart."

And finally, there was the waiter. "So thank you for wanting to help Guanaco." Douglas finished, as the waiter finally stepped forward. "You might want to try the buffet." He added, while requesting the same.

Eshkigal
2011-11-26, 11:38 PM
Tony watches Doug leave, before looking to Lil' Helper.
"...I'm messing up somewhere still, aren't I."
"Cu cu?" (How should I know?)
With a mutual shrug, they head over to the buffet. They'd find Kara later. He quickly glances to the waiter.
"Sorry to bug you."

Major
2011-11-27, 12:09 AM
The battle deck is a sight tom see for sure. The place looks like a fortress turned inside out. there are about a dozen battles happening between all manner of pokemon, and room for at least as many more; the "deck" is made of concrete but covered in dirt, with a canal ruing through the middle for river pokemon.

suddenly you hear a voice behind you say"Stunning isn't it? how willing, and even eager they are to fight without reason."*

* if you look back you will see an older man with a short, neatly kept beard, short white hair, and a well kept officer uniform for a ranger. On his shoulder is what looks like a charizard, but is about the size of a cat.

As Kara looks behind her she glances at the old man and the strange thing on his shoulder. As she looks at the pokemon she speaks to it with her special telepathic bond between pokemon.

Hi! I'm Kara! Ummm, I don't think I've seen a pokemon like you. What's your name? Is this guy nice to you? She thinks with a friendly smile. She loved pokemon.

Realizing she was ignoring the old man and probably looking weird she quickly looked back at him, "Oh...um, I'm sorry...I wasn't trying to be ummm rude..." She mumbles softly and shyly. "It's more saddening actually...I can understand fighting in self-defense or fighting to protect your friends...but why do they fight and hurt each other needlessly?" She asked sadly as she glanced over at the battle deck. "It seems strange to force your friends to fight..."

PresentPresence
2011-11-27, 03:00 AM
"How does a 3 vs 3 league battle sound?" "Sounds like a plan. Valiant, you're up first. You guys watch the battle - maybe you'll learn something." The Larvitar managed to contain its excitement as it stepped into the ring. "Is there a ref' around here or something? Not that I don't trust you, just figured we would have some semblance of formality on this ship."

Kantolin
2011-11-27, 05:33 PM
Douglas was having a bit of trouble balancing his plate - he'd overfilled it slightly, and Truse summarily had to help him multiple times on the way back. Times like that made him feel bad with just how clumsy he'd become - I mean, he never was terribly coordinated, but now...

"Thanks, Truse."

And upon sitting, he dug in - as did his machoke. When Tony came back, Douglas nodded. "Spent much time on the battle deck?"

Truse noticed some food was a bit out of the cubone's reach, and nudged that plate a little closer to him.

Eshkigal
2011-11-27, 06:02 PM
"Bone!"
Lil' Helper gleefuly picks up the apple that had been out of reach, nodding to Truse. He then picks up a knife and cuts it in half, offering part to Truse.
"I watched for a bit, but I haven't fought anyone, really. My houndour Flare doesn't really like boats, and Cudgel, my heavy hitter, is likely a bad choice since his pre evolution's going into mating season outside. That leaves Turbo-my skarmory who has a space disadvantage, Lil' Helper, who's still just a baby, and my sableye Reaper, who is physically mature but just starting to grow stronger."
He looks over to Truse and Doug.
"What about you? I've said quite a bit on what I do. What kind of training do you do? Aside from Truse, what pokemon do you own?"

ReivaxTL
2011-11-27, 08:36 PM
"Sounds like a plan. Valiant, you're up first. You guys watch the battle - maybe you'll learn something." The Larvitar managed to contain its excitement as it stepped into the ring. "Is there a ref' around here or something? Not that I don't trust you, just figured we would have some semblance of formality on this ship."

"Yeah, all the league rinks are connected to this computer thing, didn't you read the pamphlet?"* she says and starts walking tword the nearest open rink

* the ship has a central computer that works as a "ref", it has a camera and speakers.

Kantolin
2011-11-27, 09:46 PM
"Choke." Truse nodded smartly, accepting the half the apple returned to him and shoving it in his mouth - his teeth were for tearing, not chewing, and the satisfying lump visibly sank down his throat.

Douglas smiled. "Heh, that's true. Frankly enough - I'm a breeder. My big focus is on having the newer members of my family be the best they can be. My numel Vicuńa is actually the son of Guanaco, although he was newly hatched... then."

He nods. "My family is actually very small at this moment - the third member is Gel, my ditto. He's not terribly fond of battling, although Truse and Vicuńa enjoy it a lot."

"It sounds like you have a pretty wide array of pokemon, though! I love seeing that - it also helps a lot of very rare pokemon have a second chance at a proper recovery."

It was back to food for a moment afterwards, as he contemplated. "I gotta say, though - I've never really thought about ghosts. Can ghost pokemon breed?"

PresentPresence
2011-11-27, 10:06 PM
"Yeah, all the league rinks are connected to this computer thing, didn't you read the pamphlet?""I'm not really much of a reader, I guess. Well, it's going to be my Valiant against your...?"

ReivaxTL
2011-11-27, 11:09 PM
"I'm not really much of a reader, I guess. Well, it's going to be my Valiant against your...?"

hmm, larvitar huh. I think I will use my Surskit Skippy. She said as they reach the battle rink, and turned it on

mean while the ship turns north towards the "Red Current"

Eshkigal
2011-11-27, 11:55 PM
"...Huh. What kind? Because I think normal ghost types can, but I'm not sure. No clue about the other kind of ghosts."
He pulls out a pokeball, etched with a black mark.
"Want to ask, or finish eating first then ask?"

Major
2011-11-28, 12:19 AM
I replied to the old man on the last page btw :P

ReivaxTL
2011-11-28, 01:08 AM
As Kara looks behind her she glances at the old man and the strange thing on his shoulder. As she looks at the pokemon she speaks to it with her special telepathic bond between pokemon.

Hi! I'm Kara! Ummm, I don't think I've seen a pokemon like you. What's your name? Is this guy nice to you? She thinks with a friendly smile. She loved pokemon.

Realizing she was ignoring the old man and probably looking weird she quickly looked back at him, "Oh...um, I'm sorry...I wasn't trying to be ummm rude..." She mumbles softly and shyly. "It's more saddening actually...I can understand fighting in self-defense or fighting to protect your friends...but why do they fight and hurt each other needlessly?" She asked sadly as she glanced over at the battle deck. "It seems strange to force your friends to fight..."

the little pokemons thoughts reply,"you ask for my name? My name is burned into the last memories of a thousand rivers, my name is scarred into lands some have never seen, my name is what make vast forests shake in fright, my name...*"

well even ifyou do not share my sentiments exactly, it is nice to meet someone who sees more in pokemon then the warrior side. as his tiny charizard seems to glow in its monologue the man raises his eyebrows. Well your certainly proud of your self to day, then turning back to her he says not that he doesn't deserve it though, he may be small but he has taken on gyaradoes on his own, and he is by far the best partner I have ever had.

* he goes on like this for some minutes

Major
2011-11-28, 01:28 AM
"I just don't see what is enjoyable about forcing them to fight..." Kara said softly. "Would you throw your children into a ring and force them to beat up their friends?"

PresentPresence
2011-11-28, 02:56 AM
"I think I will use my Surskit Skippy.""I don't think I've ever heard of one of those." He pulls out his Pokedex and aims the camera at the Surskit.

ReivaxTL
2011-11-28, 09:44 AM
"I just don't see what is enjoyable about forcing them to fight..." Kara said softly. "Would you throw your children into a ring and force them to beat up their friends?"

They just do not think that way, for many pokemon are just tools for power. He then looks to the side as a gyaradoes breaches then dives back to the depths(Making many nervous.). Well would you look at that wounder why we are so close to the "Current"?

ReivaxTL
2011-11-28, 09:45 AM
"I don't think I've ever heard of one of those." He pulls out his Pokedex and aims the camera at the Surskit.

your pokedex gives you the data for surskit as well as the sedgestion that this one might be "Giant".

Kantolin
2011-11-28, 11:20 AM
"I'd like to finish eating first, if you wouldn't mind waiting - although it won't take me much longer to finish up." He glanced at Truse, and half-smiled. "Although it may take him a little longer, but that's neither here nor there."

"This will be very helpful for information, though! To be honest, I've never actually seen a sableye before - I know they're ghosts from your statements, but they're not from Johto or Kanto, are they?"

He also wondered what breeding classification they were part of, but that was secondary; food first while he had a moment.

Eshkigal
2011-11-28, 11:40 AM
"They're from Hoenn. Actually, they're kind of interesting in that they aren't a full ghost, but one of only two ghost/dark types, and in this case more dark type as she's not incorporeal, or ethereal, or however you wish to put it. They're highly flexible in case of cave ins, and eat gems and soil. However, she's my expert on ghost types, so she can answer any questions."
Lil' Helper nods approvingly at Truse, before devouring most of the fruit he put on his plate rapidly. Tony finishes what's on his plate before pushing it away a bit.

PresentPresence
2011-11-28, 01:14 PM
"Hmm...so this Surskit is a larger variant, huh? That's very interesting. Your other Pokemon seem to be special, too." He scans the strange looking Scyther and the wheel Pokemon quickly, saving the information until he has time to review it. "I'm ready to fight when you are." He let Valiant stand in the middle of the ring, and backed off to a point just outside the rink. He nodded his head, signaling that he was ready to engage.

ValiantName: Valiant
Level: 19
Total XP: 6,860
Species: Larvitar
Type: Rock/Ground
Nature: Brave (+2 Attack, -2 Speed) Egg Group: Monster Height: 2’0” (Small) Weight: 158.7 lbs. (4) Diet Terravore STAB: 3

Stats:
{table=head]Stat|Base|Added|Total
HP|5|3|8
Attack|8|9|17
Defense|5|3|8
Special Attack|5|0|5
Special Defense|5|3|8
Speed|2|0|2[/table]

Max Health: 43 Current HP: 43 Current Status Effects: None

Abilities:
{table=head]Ability|Cast|Effect
Mountain Peak|Last Chance|Rock[/table]

Capabilities:
{table=head]Capability|Value
Overland:|4
Jump:|1
Power:|2
Intelligence:|3
Sinker:|The Pokemon cannot swim, or move in water. For every round of an encounter the Pokemon is in water that is deep enough for them to stand submerged in, or is submerged in they lose 25% of their max HP. If the Pokemon is lowered to -100% HP, make a Deaths savings roll as usual. If a Pokemon gains a Surface or Underwater capability, they lose their Sinker Capability.[/table]

Moves:
Natural (Level/Egg)
Bite
{table=head]Type|Dark
Frequency|At-Will - 2
Range|Attack - Melee
Effect|1 Target
Damage|1d10+5
Special Properties|Bite Flinches the target on 15-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]
Sandstorm
{table=head]Type|Rock
Frequency|Battle - None
Range|Field - No Damage
Effect|Target Area, Weather
Damage|-
Special Properties|For 2 minutes (12 rounds), the area is considered Sandstorming. At the beginning of each round, all non-Ground, Rock, or Steel Type Pokemon lose 1/16th of their full HP. Rock Type Pokemon are treated as if their Special Defense is raised 2 Combat Stages while Sandstorming.[/table]
Screech
{table=head]Type|Normal
Frequency|EOT - 4
Range|No Damage - Ranged
Effect|No Target, Burst
Damage|-
Special Properties|Screech creates a 4-meter Burst. All Legal Targets have their Defense lowered 2 Combat Stages.[/table]
Rock Slide
{table=head]Type|Rock
Frequency|Battle - 4
Range|Attack - Ranged (4)
Effect|1 Target, Column
Damage|2d12+21
Special Properties|Rock Slide creates a Column 4-meters wide. Rock Slide Flinches all Legal Targets on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]
Leer
{table=head]Type|Normal
Frequency|At-Will - 2
Range|No Damage - Ranged (5)
Effect|1 Target
Damage|None
Special Properties|The target's Defense is lowered 1 Combat Stage.[/table]
Chip Away
{table=head]Type|Normal
Frequency|EOT - 2
Range|Attack - Melee
Effect|1 Target
Damage|2d12+16
Special Properties|Ignore any changes in the target’s Defense or Special Defense when calculating damage.
[/table]
Bio:Valiant was given to Peter by his father when he was a young boy. Peter gave him this name after he protected Peter from a swarm of Rattatta whose nest the boy had accidentally upset. He has been his constant companion throughout his travels. He is a heroic young Larvitar, and he often sacrifices himself for the good of others. He prefers to stay out of his pokeball, but does not dislike being inside of it when traveling long distances.

Major
2011-11-28, 02:47 PM
They just do not think that way, for many pokemon are just tools for power. He then looks to the side as a gyaradoes breaches then dives back to the depths(Making many nervous.). Well would you look at that wounder why we are so close to the "Current"?

Kara is about to reply when she glances out the window and looks down at the magikarp. "Oh! I hope the boat doesn't hurt them!" She exclaims worried.

ReivaxTL
2011-11-28, 03:32 PM
"Hmm...so this Surskit is a larger variant, huh? That's very interesting. Your other Pokemon seem to be special, too." He scans the strange looking Scyther and the wheel Pokemon quickly, saving the information until he has time to review it. "I'm ready to fight when you are." He let Valiant stand in the middle of the ring, and backed off to a point just outside the rink. He nodded his head, signaling that he was ready to engage.

yeah, I am just lucky I guess. Skippy this foes looks tough, but you not going to let some rock eater beet you, Are you! she says as the surskit enters the far-side of the rink

before putting the pokedex away you see the wheel pokemon is "Whirlpede"

{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
1|||||||||||
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||V||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10|||||||||S|[/table]

V=valiant
S=Skippy

Kantolin
2011-11-28, 09:18 PM
"Hoenn! I've heard interesting things about Hoenn, but I've never really been around there myself besides spending a couple moments in a port."

Douglas finished eating a little bit afterwards - polishing off his plate. Truse took a little bit longer - the machoke could definitely eat when things were put in front of him - but it wasn't too long afterwards that they both were sitting in front of empty plates. The machoke did, however, slip an extra apple into Douglas' bag for later.

"Okay! Why don't we talk more on deck - there'll be less people about and more room, heh. Unless you think... Reaper, right? Unless you think Reaper is hungry."

And, as an afterthought, "Although I don't know if she'll like the food much regardless - it's a far cry from gems and soil."

He stood to leave, unless Tony suggested otherwise.

Eshkigal
2011-11-29, 12:38 AM
It was a nice place to visit. Let's head up."
As Doug gets up, he gets up, as Lil' Helper contentedly pushes his plate away.
"No need to worry about her, I brought some food in my room for her."
He picks up Lil' Helper, and goes to the door with Doug and Truse.
"Oh, hey! Maybe after we introduce you to Reaper, we could look around for Kara so you can meet her."

Kantolin
2011-11-29, 02:07 AM
Douglas idly took out his pokedex, fiddling with it for a moment until he recalled how to scan with it - testing it on lil' helper, partially to confirm that the pokemon was in the 'monster' egg category.

He leaned against the railing - to find Truse there just in case. Nodding thankfully at the machoke, he glanced at the red current - was it closer? Nah, probably his imagination.

"Choke? Machoke." (It almost looks like we're going to hit them...)

"Never hurts to meet with new people, heh. I do have to go check on my eggs in an hour or so, though - should be plenty of time to find someone and chat for a bit." He paused there, checking a box on his deep green notebook which was full of breeding information. "Yeah, a bit over an hour ideally. Don't want them to take too long to hatch!" Plus, although he didn't mention it, the ability to broaden one's horizons was vital for a breeder and something he did enjoy doing.

His mental picture of what a sableye looked like would have been somewhat laughable to one who knew the truth, and slightly eerily similar to machoke. "Hope I make a good first impression to Reaper." He commented - pokemon generally liked him, but he could never be sure.

And he waited.

Eshkigal
2011-11-29, 02:26 AM
"It does, doesn't it..."
Tony stood a little bit away with Lil' Helper at his side. Huh, the current shouldn't be that close, should it? Deciding to ignore that for now, he pulled out the pokeball from earlier.
"C'mon out, Reaper! Time to meet someone new!"
He opens it, and out comes a small, purplish black, clawed hominid with what looks to be a pair of gemstones for eyes, with several smaller ones dotting its back. It opens it's mouth to reveal sharp teeth, and Doug swears he hears a slightly gravelly voice against light, hissing laughter.
"Greetings."
He attaches the ball back to his belt, before looking at a greatball.
"Eh, we're out here, why not. Go Turbo."
He pulls it off and opens it. Out comes a gigantic skarmory, that must be 10' tall at least. on it's back is a saddle and reins. With a booming cry it regards Tony.
"Skaaaa?" (Now what? :smallannoyed:)
"Figured you could use a stretch too, Turbo."

ReivaxTL
2011-11-29, 11:54 AM
if you are ready then. Skippy, use Scald!
the pokemon unleashes a shot of boiling water at valiant,
how ever the attack misses

1|||||||||||
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||V||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10|||||||||S|[/table]

V=valiant
S=Skippy
Accuracy [roll0], Strength [roll1]

PresentPresence
2011-11-29, 01:59 PM
"Alright, Valiant, that looked like a Water-type move. We'll have to watch out for that. Sandstorm will help you out!" The Larvitar focused his energy and summoned a whirling cloud of sand that filled the entire rink, exhaling with a "Lar!". Peter squinted his eyes, but only a little. He had practiced this move a lot with his teammates, and knew of its benefits. His Larvitar was a Rock-type, so not only was he immune to the abrasive winds of the dust devil, he was empowered by it. The Larvitar steps forward a short distance towards his challenger.Sandstorm
{table=head]Type|Rock
Frequency|Battle - None
Range|Field - No Damage
Effect|Target Area, Weather
Damage|-
Special Properties|For 2 minutes (12 rounds), the area is considered Sandstorming. At the beginning of each round, all non-Ground, Rock, or Steel Type Pokemon lose 1/16th of their full HP. Rock Type Pokemon are treated as if their Special Defense is raised 2 Combat Stages while Sandstorming.[/table] Special Defense is now 12, Evasion is now 2. Shift to G7.

Kantolin
2011-11-29, 03:16 PM
"Whoa, heh."

Douglas' first thought was that... actually his first thought was one of surprise, as he hadn't expected it to be so short. But his second thought was to be a bit impressed - he'd really never seen a pokemon quite like sableye.

He had then forgotten that ghost pokemon could talk, and thus was a little startled when Reaper did just that.

But, from a breeder's eye, he was a little surprised by what he was looking at. For all of the unusual nature of the dark/ghost, enough of it looked familiar to him from a breeder's perspective. He could see what Tony meant, comparing the pokemon to a liquid, but there were none of the telltale signs that other vaguely humanish pokemon that actually weren't humanshape seemed to have. Was it a humanshape group?

It then occured to him that he was holding a pokedex still, and summarily he activated it.

Before he could respond, however, the enormous Turbo was released - and Douglas noticed Truse flinch. Right, primary-flyer types. He patted Truse on the shoulder for a moment, before squatting a bit to chat with the sableye.

"Hello there, heh. My name's Douglas - Tony told me yours is Reaper, right?"

He then paused - really noting the enormous Turbo. "Whoa - that's huge! And he looks so healthy, too."

ReivaxTL
2011-11-29, 03:35 PM
keep going, Water Pulse with all you have!

1|||||||||||
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||V||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10|||||||||S|[/table]

V=valiant
S=Skippy
accuracy[roll0], damage[roll1], +12 special attack,

PresentPresence
2011-11-29, 04:39 PM
Peter blinks in amazement as the giant Surskit launches a huge blast of water at his Larvitar. Valiant is knocked off his feet and sent flying backwards a few meters. He is obviously knocked out by the powerful blast. "Valiant? Are you alright? Take a rest!" He pulls out the Larvitar's Pokeball and returns the battered Pokemon. "Wow, that Surskit of yours is tough! It took out my Pokemon with one hit!"

ReivaxTL
2011-11-29, 04:44 PM
Peter blinks in amazement as the giant Surskit launches a huge blast of water at his Larvitar. Valiant is knocked off his feet and sent flying backwards a few meters. He is obviously knocked out by the powerful blast. "Valiant? Are you alright? Take a rest!" He pulls out the Larvitar's Pokeball and returns the battered Pokemon. "Wow, that Surskit of yours is tough! It took out my Pokemon with one hit!"

whoa, I am surprised to. but If you had used a physical attack on your first turn I am sure that ower roles would have been reversed. but that guy looks like he needs healing . Come out Joy she ays as she releases a chancy and uses healing wish on on the Valiant

PresentPresence
2011-11-29, 05:12 PM
"Let's call it a lucky shot, then. Let's try this again, Valiant!" The Larvitar returns to where he received the blow, looking wary this time around. Peter is impressed that he does not seem to have a scratch on him. His brave Larvitar nods his head, expressing his determination. "Don't give up! Show them what you can do! Get closer, then use Rock Slide!"Shift to I8.
Rock Slide
{table=head]Type|Rock
Frequency|Battle - 4
Effect|1 Target, Column
Damage|2d12+21
Special Properties|Rock Slide creates a Column 4-meters wide. Rock Slide Flinches all Legal Targets on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]Accuracy Check: [roll0]
Damage Check: [roll1]

Sandstorm in effect for 10 more rounds. (Surskit takes 1/16th HP damage each turn.)

Major
2011-11-29, 05:25 PM
Kara watches the magikarp for a while and then gets distracted as she hears something. Glancing across the battle deck she looks over to see a cute kitty and a little rocky pokemon fighting.

She stares in shock watching it get pulverized and almost murdered and quickly starts rushing over. Luckily the Chansey heals the pokemon and Kara lets out a sigh. The pokemon was saved. She is just about to turn around when she sees the person send out the larvitar again right after.

Kara's face turns red with annoyance. This guy had nearly gotten his pokemon killed and then due to a miracle it was saved just for him to send it right back out to 'try again.'

She quickly stormed across the battle deck heading towards where the trainer was trying to figure out what she should do. In her annoyance she didn't notice her strange powers were acting up and random objects were getting thrown around as she moved across the deck.

Lots of strange looks were being given as anything below 50lbs that wasn't bolted down went flying leaving a little messy trail in her path. However, the girl didn't notice she was viewing the world in tunnel vision focused on the one trainer.

Yay telekinesis!

Eshkigal
2011-11-29, 05:43 PM
"I don't know how he grew so big, just that he was like this for as long as I've known him."
Turbo looks down at him with mild annoyance.
"Skraaawr!" (I thought we agreed to never bring that up again!)
"Oh just fly off and relax for a bit, Turbo. It wasn't exactly fun for me either. Unless you want me to start about how-"
Turbo suddenly takes off, and begins doing laps around the boat. Meanwhile, Reaper has been ignoring the two and studying Douglas and Truse.
"That is correct. Excuse me for a second-"
She leaps up, grasping onto Truse's arm before flipping about it, then clambering onto his shoulder and sitting.
"There. I am sorry for that behavior, but I find it easiest to talk to people when I can be on reasonably similar ground. Also, ignore those two. From what I understand, the capture was neither one's finest moment."
Lil' Helper, meanwhile, is poking about the deck near Tony.

Kantolin
2011-11-29, 09:22 PM
Truse defensively flinched again when the Skarmory took off. Douglas watched him soar upwards for a moment, as the Sableye leapt onto his machoke's shoulder. Truse relaxed once the Skarmory was gone, but kept an eye on him nonetheless as he flew about.

Douglas observed the points of contact between the two - the sableye was certainly quite solid. His pokedex blipped - he wished he'd had that when he was practicing his breeding beforehand, as he'd have had a lot more pokemon within it.

His sense as a novice dcotor was also beginning to ping - he couldn't tell at a glance what he'd do if that pokemon became sick. Which worried him a little, as he'd never thought about it.

"Huh. Well, my questions are partially because I'm not terribly familiar with ghost pokemon." He part-explained, part-admitted. "But to be blunt - how are additional... uh, sableye formed? Is it generally via egg, a'la most other types?"

Having a conversation with a pokemon was a little weird. No, that wasn't right - he spoke to Truse all the time. It was having a conversation with a pokemon with the expectation of her responding back that was a bit unusual.

He then was curious about where Tony had found or caught Reaper, but something made him a little leery to ask that just yet.

Eshkigal
2011-11-29, 10:19 PM
"Heh...we are little different from others you know, such as your friend here. We still live, in our own way. The truly dead, on the other hand, are different. They're...complicated. It all depends on what they have to act through. Like the ones around human Ghost Aces. the ones that aren't normally ghost types...I think they can do what you wonder about."
She pauses for a minute, before smirking.
"Just don't ask how gastly can make eggs. It's hard to explain."

Kantolin
2011-11-30, 12:49 AM
Douglas laughed. "Haha, that was one thing I was going to ask! Man, you won't believe how much I've tried to figure that one out for pokemon in general. I've even gone so far as harassing a pair of pokemon every hour."

"Choke." (On the hour.) Truse muttered, despite still looking up and not completely paying attention to the conversation at hand.

"Either way, though - that's a question for later."

He squinted at the sableye, talking to both Reaper and Tony. "I'm also looking at... uh, well I suppose I didn't mention it as it's still kind of new, but I'm also working at becoming a doctor of sorts. Looking at you up close, not to mention hearing you - things look similar to...."

He paused. "...to...."

Then smiled again. "Ha. I think I was about to say, indirectly, that Muk and voltorb have similar makeups. Nope, I suddenly don't know where I was going with that. Thanks, though."

He stretched. "Here - Gel?"

And with a toss, out came a ditto. It slid up Truse before noticing that Truse's shoulder was occupied, and summarily it zipped to the other shoulder.

"Ditto!" It called out, not actually meaning anything in particular with that other than an exclamation. Douglas glanced at his remaining pokeball.

"Uh... Vicuńa then gets seasick pretty quickly and hates boats, so I'll hold on for a second on him, heh."

He crossed his arms. "Are you from Hoenn as well? How did you meet Tony?"

Eshkigal
2011-11-30, 05:49 AM
"Hoenn? I'm from there, but Tony's from Lavender Town. As for how we met...It was in Hoenn. Just another capture that went better."
You feel like she isn't telling the truth, as she regards the Ditto.
"No worries. Fire types and boats don't really mix, do they?"
He picks up Lil' Helper, who looks at Gel too before experimentally poking the Ditto, causing it to jiggle like jello.
"Hey, that's impolite, Lil' Helper."
He pulls out his pokedex, and scans Gel and Truse quickly, though.

Kantolin
2011-12-06, 12:08 PM
Douglas nodded, opting not to press Reaper's point - he presumed that it was another unpleasant capture.

He paused for a moment, looking first to the sky, then to Reaper. He had to marvel for an additional moment at how different it was talking to Reaper from talking to Truse.

"Did you -" He began to ask Reaper, when he paused a moment at Tony's first response. His old camerupt had hated water, but loved boats. This prompted another sigh, as he shook his head - sometimes, he wished he could forget.

Out loud, "Oh, Gel doesn't mind too much. A lot of people do that to him."

The amorphous creature watched the cubone curiously for a moment. Douglas was a little surprised he didn't transform into him was was more typical for him.

He locked eyes with Truse, then. The machoke seemed to have finally stopped watching the skarmory - having apparently accepted the fact that it was flying about. That was a relief for Douglas - it happened moderately often given how common flyers were, so whenever you interacted with a trainer...

He'd actually forgotten his original question.

Major
2011-12-07, 07:51 PM
As the young girl got up close she looked angry. "You are an idiot! Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She said as she kicked right for his nuts. "Do you not realize pokemon are living things? Did you leave your brain at home?" She asked clearly very pissed off.

A faint aura started to become more noticeable as her anger caused more and more of her psychic powers to start going haywire as more objects flew around the room slamming into things.

Eshkigal
2011-12-07, 08:00 PM
After letting Doug and Reaper have idle conversation, and watching Turbo finish a few laps, Tony speaks up.
"Anyway, wanna find my friend?"
He recalls Turbo, before undoing his tie and Lil' Helper's. Setting the cubone down a safe distance from the railing, he tosses another ball.
"Sorry Flare!"
A houndour comes out, and immediately clutches at the deck and whines.
"Doooouuuu!" (I told you I didn't wanna come out here!)
"Sorry Flare. But we'll be going down, probably. Can you smell Kara at all? We want to find her."
He makes an impromptu rope out of them and makes a leash for Flare.

Eshkigal
2011-12-16, 05:03 PM
(Puts up "under new management" sign)
Valiant charges the surskrit, who jumps up over the attack.
"You know, you shouldn't send out pokemon healed by others too much. People tend to get agitated-
She stops as Kara stomps over and plants a firm kick to your tree and apricots, Peter. Most of the people and telepathic pokemon around wince at that.
-like that. Ah, can we pause the match while you two resolve that?"

PresentPresence
2011-12-19, 12:47 AM
Peter coughs a little as he attempts to absorb the surprise blow to his Stones. He was almost tempted to ask if she knew who his dad was, but his indignation quickly blew over. He cleared his throat before managing to croak out a sentence. "You-you don't understand, do you? The bond my Pokemon and I share? People like you, *cough*, they haven't been through what we have together. We've both proven our, *grunt*, mettle to each other. I know what he can take, and he knows what I can take." He managed to stand to his full height, despite his body telling him to lay down and curl up into a ball. "That's why he will keep up the attack, and I will keep up the coaching. Even though we've both suffered surprisingly powerful blows. Valiant, another Rock Slide, and make this one count!" "Lar! Vitar!" Peter looks back to his offender after issuing the command. "And, I didn't want to pull this card, but this is a League-sanctioned battle, and if you continue to interfere, they may arrest you. I'm sure you'd rather cool your head in the open breeze than in the brig."
Shift to I8.
Rock Slide
{table=head]Type|Rock
Frequency|Battle - 4
Effect|1 Target, Column
Damage|2d12+21
Special Properties|Rock Slide creates a Column 4-meters wide. Rock Slide Flinches all Legal Targets on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.[/table]Accuracy Check: 1d20
Damage Check: 2d12+51 (2d12+21+3 STAB, +5 Improved Attacks+, +5 Improved Type Attacks+, +17 Attack)

Sandstorm in effect for 10 more rounds. (Surskit takes 1/16th HP damage each turn.)

Major
2011-12-19, 01:20 AM
Kara crossed her arms still not happy. "Just because you both know each other doesn't mean that you can toss him out to get killed like he is some sort of replaceable toy." She said angrily. "If you could really sense and feel how things went you'd realize how close to dying he was. It's a miracle he isn't dead already. Then rather than learn a lesson you toss him right against the thing that nearly murdered him just so you can show off!" She yelled still not controlled. "Aside from how stupid that is since you run the risk of him dying WITHOUT a miracle this time it also seems rather pathetic and petty. The actions of a spoiled child who just loss and wants to prove he could win given enough tries."

She wanted to smack him harder and the threat of being arrested wasn't going to stop her. She'd grown up with pokemon and could talk to them and understand their feelings. She loved pokemon more than people and didn't care what the guards or anyone else thought. "Someone who shows no restraint after watching their pokemon almost get killed and instead tosses it right back at the thing that nearly killed them shouldn't be allowed to have them. It's trainers like you and most the people in this room that prove pokemon shouldn't be owned by humans!"

PresentPresence
2011-12-19, 02:17 AM
"No! Bleeding hearts like you...you coddle Pokemon. You're so arrogant and holier-than-thou! When you put Pokemon on a pedestal, you just alienate them! I don't own Valiant - we forged our friendship through fire. When you turn your partner into a cuddle-buddy, you refuse to unlock their true potential. Pokemon are amazing, powerful creatures. I do know how they feel, and I can sense their thoughts. And it's not just because we've been through so much together; I can speak with my Pokemon in a tongue you couldn't possibly hope to understand." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before emitting a rumbling noise that sounded like a distant rock slide. "FO KOOR...MARRA SA...HARATHMA?" [Isn't...that right...Valiant?] His question must have distracted his Larvitar, because its attack missed the nimble Surskit. "KOROMAS...JA RAKA-SOOR!" [Peter...I'm busy (out of breath)!] "Sorry, Valiant. I'm a little distracted myself." He turned back to the girl he was arguing with. "Look, my Larvitar is as hard as the rock formed in the center of the earth. He has been hardened through our diligent training and the experiences we have shared together. But, do not misunderstand me - my heart has not hardened as my hands have. I push my Pokemon because I want them to exceed. I have no other agenda. I seek out hardy Pokemon that desire to become more powerful, and I do my best to facilitate their wishes. I don't hold any selfish ambition. How about you? You are a Pokemon trainer, are you not? Do you have any goals? Or are you simply content to be a demagogue, preaching your dogma of weakness on those flippant enough to listen, and attacking those who ignore your pandering?"

Major
2011-12-19, 02:32 AM
Kara didn't look impressed at the man mumbling in his rock language. She could speak to a pokemon's very heart and soul and understand their deepest desires and feelings. However, that wasn't the time for such cases.

"So because you've fought a bunch that means you can throw him at a pokemon that killed him once? The only reason he survived is because of DM kindness some miracle from Arceus. Or are you too big an idiot to realize that? If you are so in touch with your pokemon how did you not realize that he will DIE if he takes another hit like that." She took a deep breath seeing he had missed his attack and drew on her own power. If that pokemon looked like he'd die again she'd have to use her power to absorb some of the damage and keep him alive. "Apparently your heart IS just as hard since you seem to not be able to realize the sheer pain your pokemon went through!" She yelled. "May I kick you again? It would strengthen you and build up muscle." She asked crossing her arms, "How would you like it if I'd kicked you even harder in the balls until you were put in the hospital? And then when you recovered I kicked you in the balls again? If that little bit of pain from a kick isn't something you'd enjoy how is it you don't see a problem with DYING twice?"

She looked at her various friends who had grown up with her. "Actually I'm NOT a pokemon trainer. These are my family members who I live with and grew up with in Virdian Forest if you MUST know." She states.

OOC: Not sure if your character would know about Viridian Trainers, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know about Kara unless he listened to rumors and such about a girl who lived with pokemon, could talk with them, and could heal them with a touch.

Eshkigal
2011-12-19, 04:08 AM
"Well, if you're sure you want to keep at it..."
As Valiant goes into attack again, Skippy gives a quick whap upside the head on the struggling pokemon in self defense before simply rising above the attack. It's beginning to look agitated from the sandstorm, as abrasions cover it.
(Quick attack)
[roll0]
[roll1]-let's say Attack has been elevated to 6.

Not bothering to wait for Doug's response, Tony just grabs him by an arm (the other holding on to Truse) and pulls. He's surprisingly strong, and actually manages to get the machoke to budge as Flare picks up the scent.
"C'mon, Kara'll love to meet you and your pokemon."

Kantolin
2011-12-27, 03:26 AM
Douglas had been lost in thought for a moment when he felt his arm pulled. Due to his tremendous lack of coordination, this pretty much pulled him off his feet and caused him to stumble slightly.

Truse had to pause for a moment - he hadn't expected Tony to be anywhere near that strong - but then yanked free, helping Tony up.

Tony, for his part, chuckled. "Thanks, Truse. Yeah - let's go find... Kara? That's her name, right?" He responded, as he followed Tony, who was following Flare, to what looked like was going to be the battle deck.

Eshkigal
2011-12-27, 10:09 AM
"Whoops. Sorry about that. But yeah, come on! I think I hear...well, hopefully not her."
The two of you arrive with your pokemon around the bit about dying twice, next to a pair of guards trying to pry their way out from behind a registration table that had its legs shoved through a wall. Most of the trainers are staring at the angry girl near a guy who looks to be having some trouble standing.
"Aw, dammit."

PresentPresence
2011-12-28, 01:51 AM
Peter drew a deep breath and called upon the patience of the stones. They had withstood eons of abrasive winds and sandstorms, stood by while rushing waters withered them away, only for them to be reborn elsewhere. But DAMN, this girl is annoying. "When you become one with the earth, pain...it doesn't mean as much anymore. It's a constant thing for the rocks, an inherent annoyance that is part of our very being. We are almost deaf to it, but the buzzing is still there. It reminds us of our past, and gives us hope for the future. That's why I know, just like I know that the tide will come in and out, that Valiant can do this. I'm not some Pokemon sadist. I'm sorry, but it's something you just can't understand. Did you know that seventy percent of the rocks in this world are sedimentary? I know it may sound strange to you, but my Pokemon and I - we do not fear death. Death is just a process, where we fade away and meet each other in the river. We may no longer be in our original compositions, but one day, we will all be part of the same rock."
He took another deep breath and called out to his Larvitar. "Rock Slide, once more!"

Eshkigal
2011-12-28, 08:47 AM
At long last, a blow connects, this time before the surskrit can attack. It stumbles back from the blows, before landing at the challenger's feet. The chansey gives off another healing pulse, and it wearily looks around.
"Good work, Skippy! Now, return! Into the fray, Spinner!"
The pokemon you identified as a whirlepede earlier spins its way onto the arena floor, at a location that I'll show once I finish with the map.

Major
2011-12-28, 03:17 PM
"I'll take that as permission to kick you in the nuts again!" She said swinging for his nuts again. "Death is still pain and until you die and participate in a battle yourself you have no right trying to kill your pokemon!" Kara was so angry at the man that she didn't see her friend enter. "You think you are a good pokemon trainer yet you just lost a match and rather than try something different you do the exact same thing that ended in the death of your last pokemon! You are hoping to get lucky and not caring what happens as a result!" Kara yelled. "To have a pokemon almost die, get it saved, and then toss it right back out isn't just poor sportsmanship, it is also cruel and stupid!" She said crossing her arms. "People like you shouldn't have pokemon!" She shouted.

On a side note I want to point out that pokemon emotions and feelings are controlled by the DM. I forgot to mention it earlier when you talked to him... Just wanted to clarify since once the battle ends Kara is most likely going to be emotion reading.

PresentPresence
2011-12-28, 04:41 PM
Peter deftly jumped back to avoid the blow. He could feel his patience beginning to crack. A small tremor inside of him was starting to build up.
"I told you before. My Pokemon and I have stood together in battle. And I'm not talking about the league-sanctioned battles you see televised here, where the trainer stands back and calls out orders like a slave master. We have faced foes that only seek death, and we have survived. Now, I will warn you once more - do not attempt to attack me again, or I will be forced to do something I'll regret."
Rocks from the nearby field began to roll steadily towards Peter.
I'M A' PREPARIN' TO FIRE MAH LAZER!!

Major
2011-12-28, 10:22 PM
"I asked you before if my kick would strengthen you. You said pain didn't mean as much. So why are you getting so defensive? Take the kick." She countered. "For someone who thinks that being a rock means no pain and getting stronger you sure don't seem to enjoy getting hurt. At the same time you don't tend to mind your pokemon getting hurt and killed."

Kantolin
2011-12-30, 02:28 AM
Douglas' eyes widened, as he walked into what was obviously a heated argument.

Truse stepped forward when he was paused by a hand from Douglas, who was listening intently. The first spoke, then the younger girl, and a second back and forth.

It took him a moment - it always did. And having not been there since the beginning, he was at a disadvantage as he had to partially guess what had been occuring, and hope nobody had actually tried a normal talk or he'd look more foolish than he probably already was about to.

"Whoa! Whoa - wait!" He actually nearly paused as he stepped forward, psuedo-shoving his way in front of Kara - just a momentary flash of an old friend - but now wasn't the time for that.

"Wait - yelling isn't really helping anything." He said to both, before turning to Peter. "And well... at this point, the battle's been interrupted - several times. You got one in, you had one gotten to you, tempers are high, and there's quite a bit of both internal and external problems."

He shook his head for a moment, which was mostly an attempt to collect himself as he had to hope that either he was right with 'got one', or that Peter would make the connection himself. If he stopped, she'd... probably stop.

"And at this point, this isn't really a test of the la.... of Valiant's abilities. Instead of starting again with whirl... Spinner over there, why not pause the match, just for awhile? Give everyone a bit to rest up."

He glanced at Peter, then back to Kara, keeping his face level. Inwardly, he was hoping fervently that he'd agree, and then she'd halt.

He'd seen plenty of arguing.

...plus, he'd noticed all of the everything floating around, which was itself perplexing. More... uh 'mystics', like Tony?

Eshkigal
2011-12-30, 11:09 AM
"Y...yeah, I think I could go for a break. Now...can I get down now?"
Looking over, your challenger is roughly 30 feet off the ground, clutching to a tile that got torn up and is orbiting the two.
"Gently, please?"
Meanwhile, the currently silent Reaper speaks up, understandable to the three near each other.
"Kara, have you been working on your telekinesis? This looks like more than normal."
"Yeah, it does, doesn't it."
Tony has walked up behind Kara, Flare sitting by her pokemon, with Lil' Helper still on Tony's shoulder, waving happily at his friend and the person she's yelling at.
"Unless this is you, sir. In which case, impressive. Now, why are you guys fighting?"

Major
2011-12-30, 02:51 PM
Seeing some guy step in front of her Kara looks him up and down as he speaks. Before she can reply however she hears two familiar voices, that of Reaper and Tony.

She looks around as he comments on the telekinesis, finally noticing the mess and chaos she made on her way when her telekinesis went out of control.

"Uhh...that would be me." Kara says a bit embarrassed before turning to glare at the guy. "We are fighting because this idiot abuses his pokemon and disregards their life and doesn't care if they get killed!" She snaps.

She looks at the other trainer, glad the battle was being stopped at least for now. She blushes seeing where they were and lowers the trainer carefully. "You could have won the second time just as easily as the first if you did the water attack again. Even if he beat you, you were holding back out of kindness for his pokemon." Kara comments a bit softly. "I'm glad you cared enough about his pokemon not to finish it in one strike again."

Eshkigal
2012-01-01, 08:35 PM
Touching the ground, the challenger looks around, before looking at Kara.
"It's something I hope many others would do. Listen...pokemon and humans can be motivated to get stronger to protect their allies and family. We fight each other to do this in a controlled environment, and to strengthen the bonds of our families. While accidents do happen, like this, those of us here try to avoid it. This guy may just have not been thinking about that part, but it's best to let his pokemon speak to him."
Peter feels a tugging on his clothes, before Valiant climbs up to his shoulder.
"Lar!"
He gives his trainer a light rap on the head. One he's used before when Peter's been reckless.
"Lar. Larvitar. Lar larvi tar lar." (Think. Careful. Next time may not have the same luck.)
He then gives a smile and hugs his master's head.
"See? While it was reckless, they understand each other enough to think they had the ability to succeed. It just showed in a way that was fairly reckless this time."
(Looking at the rules, Valiant gains 20 experience points!)

PresentPresence
2012-01-02, 12:16 AM
Peter crouched down to his Larvitar's eye level. "I...I'm sorry, Valiant. I got so caught up in proving this girl wrong that I forgot about your health. I can be a bit stubborn sometimes, can't I?" The Larvitar socked him lightly in the arm and winked. "Lar! Larvitar!"
Eihwaz jumped off of Bulwark and ran to Valiant, snuggling up against him and crying big tears. "Bon, bon!" Bulwark stomped its foot in a Rhyhorn thumbs-up gesture and Chelonii grinned and waved a fin. Brain did some sort of a wobbling dance.
Peter stood back up and looked at the small crowd of people surrounding him and the girl. "I think a break might be a good idea for everyone. Give us a chance to cool our heads a little. I'm Peter, by the way. These are my friends." He points to each Pokemon and lists their names.

Esprit15
2012-01-02, 01:33 AM
"Arceus judge it, what is that racket!?" Zachariah woke up In his room, sun light shining into the opposite side of the room, even through the curtains. Several impacts were audible from the deck, as well as the smashing of wood. By his bed, Ambrule sat, like a regular candle, dimly illuminating the rest of the room. "Just ignore it and go to sleep," the Litwick mumbled. But Zachariah got up anyways, dressed, and started towards the battle deck. Ambrule reluctantly sighed and followed. "Bullet, watch the egg. We'll be back shortly, hopefully." The Metang, despite appearing to sleep, nods and opens it's eyes, now paying attention to the predominantly green egg aquired three days ago, now sitting partially wrapped in a warm towel.

Ambrule and Zachariah finally arrive on the deck mid-argument. Rather than interviene, even if he could probably defend himself if it got bad, Zachariah goes to help members of the crew with freeing a man pinned to a wall by a table. He keeps an ear out for any re-ignition of the argument as things begin to appear to simmer down.

Prospector
2012-01-02, 02:24 AM
Nikolas Tesla awoke in his cabin, the bright morning light streaming striking him in the face like a wet towel. "Why does the sun have to be so bright?" Slowly he rolled out of bed and got dressed. One must look their best, even during the most mundane activities. He then slipped on his 'glove', and smiled. I still have a ways to go with you, don't I? Finally he got his bag and Pokeballs.

After getting properly prepared to face the day, Tesla headed to the buffet. He piled up the food thinking, You never know when your going to get your next meal. He sat down by himself and had his meal.

Just as Tesla finished he heard some shouting off in the distance. One of the voices sounded familiar. Having piqued his interest, he quickly put away his dishes and headed to the familiar voice.

Coming upon the aftermath of a fight, he sees one familiar face though much older than when he last saw it. "Kara, is that you?"

Major
2012-01-02, 05:01 AM
Kara watched the larvitar and saw that the pokemon was fine now and didn't seem to be too unhappy with the guy. He must have been doing something right. However, before she could say anything else she was distracted by someone calling her name. She was confused since not many people knew her much less her name.

As she looked behind her she saw a tall teenager who looked a little older than her. His clothes was rather strange, but her living in the forest caused her not to recognize most fashions so he wondered if perhaps he was from out of Kanto and they wore clothes like that. The outfit actually looked rather pretty. However it was the strange thing on his arm that really confused her. She hadn't seen anything like it the entire time she'd traveled around Kanto.

As she looked him up and down she tried to figure out how he knew her name. She didn't remember him ever passing through Viridian, she hadn't introduced herself to anyone on the boat yet, so how did he know her?

"Ummm, yeah?" She said a bit confused, "It's me."

Eshkigal
2012-01-02, 09:16 AM
There's a tall woman with a mankey next to you, trying to do the same. Along the battle deck, people begin reattaching pokeballs to their belt and return to fighting or helpng those caught, now that the strangest part was over with.
"Thanks, mate. Think the table just has to be torn off, though."
Her fist gets enveloped in a blue aura as she pries half of it away. Together, the two of you unpin the guard that was struggling with it, who slumps to the ground slightly.
"Augh...why did I think this would be an easy job?"
He looks up at the two of you, slowly standing back up.
"Thanks."

Prospector
2012-01-02, 12:22 PM
Seeing her blank stare at him, Tesla sighed. "I would have thought I would have left more of an impression. Anyway, it is I Nikola Tesla! Inventor extraordinaire!" He paused for dramatic effect. "We were in the orphanage in Saffron City together. I made you that wind-up Ponyta for your 6th Birthday, remember?" He extended out the struts on the arm to have it rest comfortably while they talked.

Esprit15
2012-01-02, 02:35 PM
"It's nothing at all."Zachariah then responds more quietly to the man so Tara and the others can't hear. "It's not every day you see a psychic loose their temper. We tend to be pretty well controlled, or at least that's been my experience." After helping a few more people, Zachariah goes back to the battle deck to find Ambrule. He finds her watching a battle between a Rattata and a Shuckle. Neither was doing much to the other. "Just watching battles can get so boring. Can I try one?"
"What do you mean try? You've been in plenty!"
The Litwick just laughs, which from a ghost, even friendly, is always an unpleasant sound. "You know what I mean."
"Yes, but you know I have to mess with you just like you with me. Come on." He then goes into the crowd of trainers, asking for a friendly 1v1 battle.

Eshkigal
2012-01-02, 03:53 PM
"Orphanage?"
He glances to Kara, then to Tesla.
"I think we...ah..."
"Cubone?" (Should let them talk?)
"Thanks, Lil'Helper. Name's Tony, this is Doug, maybe we should stand out of the way for this one?"

Meanwhile, Flare has picked up a familiar scent. Wandering into the crowds of trainers, she eventually finds the source as Zach looks for a fight. Zach, you and Ambrule run into a familiar houndour, tail wagging at the sight of you two.
"Howoo!" (Cousins!)

Major
2012-01-02, 04:37 PM
"Oh!" Kara said recognizing him and feeling a bit embarrassed. Sure it had been eight years, but she still had the wind-up toy back at Viridian forest in the tent she slept in.

She blushed a little feeling embarrassed about forgetting and also when she heard Tony ask about the orphanage. She hadn't told him much about her life before Viridian. "I'm uhh...I'm sorry, I try to forget about those times." She mumbled looking away.

Her Pichu sensed her unhappiness and patted her on the check while her eevee purred against her leg. Her dratini and staryu floating on each side of her eased a little closed while the togepi in her arms looked up and gave a cute smile.

"Sorry, I didn't recognize you. Why are you on this boat?"

Esprit15
2012-01-02, 06:48 PM
"That looks like Flare."
"It is Flare. Tony was going to get on the ship as well, remember?"
Zachariah goes up to the Houndour and pets it, while Ambrule floats happily over it's head, occaisionally dripping a bit of wax, which fades into smoke after a few seconds and doing no harm to the Houndour. "Ambrule, I'm going to get some food. You want anything?"
"That joke was never funny."
"Yeah, I know. You and Flare play nice." Zachariah goes over to get some food while the two fire types play. He has to go to a different area of the ship thanks to the mess made by Tara, but eventually he finds an undestroyed section of the buffet. He returns with a plate of food and begins eating by the fire types while switching his attention between Ambrule and Flare, several battles, and the group that until recently was fighting.

PresentPresence
2012-01-02, 07:27 PM
"Nice to meet you, Tony and Doug. So, how did you come to be on this boat?" He subtly uses his terrakinetic ability to settle the remaining sand clouds and put the rocks back in their place.

Prospector
2012-01-02, 07:28 PM
"Your one of few people from back then I'm happy to see again. As to why I'm here, I've been in a bit of a creative slump at work as of late. My adoptive father suggested I go on a journey into the world at large. He sent my a ticket after I had been on the road for a few months. Seemed like a nice change of pace from walking everywhere. And what about yourself? How have you been?"

Major
2012-01-02, 08:39 PM
"I've been much better since..." Kara said nodding at the pokemon all around her. "I've got more control over my powers...I mean I uhh tend to lose control sometimes when upset, but mostly I'm good." She says looking around at the mess. "Umm I eventually got tired of being kicked out from one orphanage to another and I went back home to Viridian forest and made a new family." She says with a smile as she indicates each of her pokemon. "I found I can use my powers to understand their thoughts and purest emotions. I can heal them with just a touch and if I focus on my necklace I can even channel some of their power." She said with a smile. "I like them much better than most the humans I know...you were one of the few who wasn't a jerk. I'm really sorry I didn't notice you of all people."

Prospector
2012-01-02, 09:44 PM
"Well I'm glad your doing well. I know you had as rough a time as I did with those ignorant neanderthals. I some times wonder if life punishes us for being gifted individuals." Tesla sighs, then glances at her friends. "You seem to be keeping some interesting company." He pauses as if a thought suddenly occurred to him and he smiles. He reaches to his belt and pulled out his pulls out his Pokeballs. "Speaking of company, would you like to meet my research team?"

Eshkigal
2012-01-02, 11:05 PM
"Got a ticket through Morty for helping with some restless spirits, personally."
Lil' Helper jumps off Tony's shoulder and walks over to Peter's team, before patting Eihwaz on the back.
"Bone ba bone bone." (It's okay. Tony here can help any time.)

Meanwhile, a grinning man with a limp, cane, and seviper sits near Zach, watching the litwick and the houndour. He begins rubbing the seviper under a milky white eye, which doesn't seem to track any of the movement around it. Both seem to sport several scars.
"You were looking for a fight earlier, correct?"

(Someone give me a spot check, d20+ wis)

Major
2012-01-02, 11:53 PM
"Well I'm glad your doing well. I know you had as rough a time as I did with those ignorant neanderthals. I some times wonder if life punishes us for being gifted individuals." Tesla sighs, then glances at her friends. "You seem to be keeping some interesting company." He pauses as if a thought suddenly occurred to him and he smiles. He reaches to his belt and pulled out his pulls out his Pokeballs. "Speaking of company, would you like to meet my research team?"

At the thought of meeting more pokemon from different areas a big grin crossed Kara's face. "Of course!" She said excited. "I love pokemon!"

Prospector
2012-01-03, 12:57 AM
"Well then, you heard the lady," Tesla said as he released his Pokemon. After the flash of light stood four Pokemon. "This one here is my oldest colleague Melchoir. He and I met during the Silph Co. incident that occurred a little after you left. He also plays a mean game of chess."

"Pory pory gon gon pory gon gon pory. (If by 'mean' you beats you on a regular basis then yes)"

Tesla glances at his arm as screen pops up and text scrolls along it. "In your dreams maybe. Moving along, this one here is Caspar. I found him as a literal ghost in the machine. Melchoir and I played quite the game of meowth-and-ratata with him till we finally got him to catch himself in a Pokeball. He still likes to pull techno-pranks every once in a while."

"Ro ro ro tom ro ro tom ro ro tom ro ro tom. (I like to think of them as a means to keep your head from collapsing on itself like a neutron star.)"

"Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. Anyway, the next Relic. He still is a bit of mystery to me but seems agreeable enough fellow. Encountered him on a company dig. And this little one I just caught the other day. I named him Foo, and he is quite young. He was wondering around aimlessly in an industrial park, so I caught him. Now say hello my old friend here gents." And in unison the Pokemon greeted Kara.

Prospector
2012-01-03, 01:42 AM
OOC: I'll try again for the Wis check
[roll0]

Major
2012-01-03, 03:04 AM
Spot check: [roll0] She's not quite the most...aware girl.

Kara looked over each of the pokemon with a grin. She looked them each up and down and telepathically wished them both hello and channeled her emotions and friendship towards them.

She also nodded at each of her pokemon to say hello and although she didn't say a word it was as if an entire conversation occurred. Her ability to communicate at such a pure and wordless form was one of the reasons she had started to like her powers again. She could carry on conversations in moments and share a bond hardly anybody else could.

She didn't want to seem anti-social however, especially not to Tesla, so after a conversation with her pokemon and his she spoke.

"Umm that's Tina." She said pointing at Dratini. "She was my first friend in Viridian Forest. Not sure why she was there. I've not seen many others like her."

She then pointed at the Staryu, "And that's Star. Star was trapped in some stupid human's filthy fishing net and was in bad shape. Luckily I was able to free and heal them. I never found that hunter, but if I do I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!" She said with a frown.

"Next up is Chuchu," She said scratching the Pichu's ears. "She's just a baby I got from her parents while she was an egg." She pointed at the cute flower attached to the Pichu's ear. "Isn't that flower adorable? It grows in a beautiful meadow deep in Viridian Forest. Most people don't ever see it because of how deep it is...which is good since people would probably ruin the land."

"Toga here I found all alone. I couldn't find his parents and eventually he hatched. He was also left alone without a family..." She says softly as she hugs the togepi close to her.

"My newest one here is Alba," She states as the eevee purrs against her leg. "The boat had some kinda drawing when I first got on board and I got lucky to win her! She is sooooo cute!"

Esprit15
2012-01-03, 03:16 AM
Spot check: [roll0]

Zachariah starts looking around, only partially paying attention to the man at first. "Yep, Ambrule here was apparently getting bored. Interested?"

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 08:35 AM
(The sad thing here is that all you need is a ten.)
"Well, Jormungandr here seems to want one. How many pokemon do you want to use?"

Esprit15
2012-01-03, 10:06 AM
(Wait, couldn't I have taken ten on that? I actually don't have a negative modifier, so I'd have made it. Oh well, too late now.)

"Well seeing as Ambrule here is the only member of my team currently on me, nothing other than a 1v1 battle would be fair. That sound good to you?"

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 11:16 AM
(Don't worry, we're still in full comedy mode. It wasn't anything except the incoming of two new pokemon.)
"Sounds good to me. C'mon, let's find an open arena."

Meanwhile, over by Doug, Pete, and Tony, a small cry can be heard directly from above, and it's getting closer.
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!
"Geo!"
"What in Giratina's depths was-ack!"
He falls over as a charmander falls directly into his face, squirming and gasping from the sudden stop. Above the two, a shiny, larger than average geodude slows before helping the charmander up.
"Way to go, you twits!"
Looking up, there is an adult male glaring at two poochyena, for some reason in the vents. The man has several scars, and a green scale on a rope necklace in view.

PresentPresence
2012-01-03, 01:07 PM
Peter helped his new acquaintance up before turning his attention to the scarred man. He called out to him, "What's going on here?" Peter knew, however, that sometimes humans can be harder to understand than Pokemon. He reached out to the mind of the strangely-colored Geodude. He skimmed his surface thoughts, looking for signs of danger or distress.

Prospector
2012-01-03, 01:22 PM
Kara looked over each of the pokemon with a grin. She looked them each up and down and telepathically wished them both hello and channeled her emotions and friendship towards them.

She also nodded at each of her pokemon to say hello and although she didn't say a word it was as if an entire conversation occurred. Her ability to communicate at such a pure and wordless form was one of the reasons she had started to like her powers again. She could carry on conversations in moments and share a bond hardly anybody else could.

She didn't want to seem anti-social however, especially not to Tesla, so after a conversation with her pokemon and his she spoke.

"Umm that's Tina." She said pointing at Dratini. "She was my first friend in Viridian Forest. Not sure why she was there. I've not seen many others like her."

She then pointed at the Staryu, "And that's Star. Star was trapped in some stupid human's filthy fishing net and was in bad shape. Luckily I was able to free and heal them. I never found that hunter, but if I do I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!" She said with a frown.

"Next up is Chuchu," She said scratching the Pichu's ears. "She's just a baby I got from her parents while she was an egg." She pointed at the cute flower attached to the Pichu's ear. "Isn't that flower adorable? It grows in a beautiful meadow deep in Viridian Forest. Most people don't ever see it because of how deep it is...which is good since people would probably ruin the land."

"Toga here I found all alone. I couldn't find his parents and eventually he hatched. He was also left alone without a family..." She says softly as she hugs the togepi close to her.

"My newest one here is Alba," She states as the eevee purrs against her leg. "The boat had some kinda drawing when I first got on board and I got lucky to win her! She is sooooo cute!"

"Looks like you have fine colleagues on your team. And congratulation on winning the contest. I'm sure she couldn't have found a better human to work with. I still remember you arguing with those neanderthals when they picked on that Pidgey. *shakes head in disgust* I really would love the opportunity to wipe the floor with them now." Tesla took a moment to take a deep breathe and calmed himself. "Anyway, why are..." Just then he noticed the weird commotion. He stared in disbelief for a moment, saying, "What...?"

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 01:28 PM
You get distress, panic, and fear. Images of a cliff, and a shadow. Images of the man, from the wrong side of bars, and talk of profits. A zangoose*, chasing after next to that man...maybe a poacher?
Next to you, Tony has gently grabbed the charmander. A green rune you recognize to mean soul flares upon his forehead, as he holds the fiery lizard. The same rune glows on the charmander's forehead, and it calms down considerably.
[roll0]
"Hold those for me!"
The geodude, in a panic, looks around. Others like it. Man who smells of soil and home nearby. Deciding you're a safer bet, it darts towards a vacant pokeball they were giving as souvenirs for boarding. There is the customary flash, and you hear the ball click.
Capture successful! Would you like to give your geodude a nickname? (Stats after work)

EDIT: Why do I always sub zigzagoon for zangoose?

Major
2012-01-03, 03:36 PM
Kara turns confused as to what the reaction was about. She looks where everyone is looking and sees the strange man. She frowns as she looks at the Poochyana and sees the man. He didn't look like a good person and those pokemon looked scared.

"Leave them alone you bully!" She yelled angrily as her eyes started to glow a bit from drawing on psychic power. Suddenly there was a flash of light as her outfit started to change and her necklace started to glow. A bright flash of light came from her and in a moment she was in a strange blue and white outfit with a strange looking hat. The hat had strange ear looking things that looked similar to dratini's head and a white gem in the middle. All in all the outfit looked strange and abnormal, not clothing people would typically wear and seemed to be similar to a dratini.

Pointing at the man a beam of energy fired from Kara's hand right at the man.

Magical Transformation into Dratini form! (Kara is now treated as a dragon type)
Charge beam attack: (-7 HP: 113/120)
Accuracy: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If accuracy is above 11: Add [roll2] to damage

Edit: ...god damn it. I guess my anger at this guy made her not aim at all >.>

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 05:04 PM
Elsewhere, Zach and the trainer find a free arena on the battle deck not too damaged from Kara and Peter's respective outbursts, of which there is a notable shortage.
"This one'll do. Jormungandr, go!"
The seviper slithers into the fighting ring, tail blade poised on it's blind side menacingly. He leans against his cane, waiting for you to send out Ambrule - at least, until he has to duck an errant beam of energy, anyway. Pretty fast for a guy with a busted leg.
"Hey, watch it!"

1|||||A||||||
2|||||||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||||||
8|||||J||||||
9|||||||||||
10||||||||||[/table]

A=Ambrule
J=Jormungandr

Choose a spot for Ambrule, and we'll get started. Be warned that this is the first time I've run one.

Esprit15
2012-01-03, 07:36 PM
"Judgeit, are they fighting again? *sigh* No, I'm helping Ambrule train. Ambrule, keep some distance. That blade looks wicked." Ambrule floats out to E1.

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 09:22 PM
(Ambrule has a much lower speed than Jormungandr, so Jormungandr goes first)
The other trainer slowly gets up and dusts himself off, before going back to leaning on his cane.
"Let's start with a Bite, Jormungandr."
The seviper slithers forward, before springing at Ambrule.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]*2+15(Jormungandr's attack)-12(Ambrule's Defense)
She's spared the fangs, but still gets wounded by the jaws. Flare, who had followed you, whines at seeing the blow.

1|||||A||||||
2|||||J||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10||||||||||[/table]

Ambrule loses 25 HP! Ambrule's turn to attack!

On the other side of the stray beam, Tony stands back up, the now calm charmander perched on his shoulder, looking at the path of prone people picking themselves up after Kara's beam hit a curved piece of metal near the opening and bounced back.
"...We may need to get you to a shooting range."
"Chaaaar."
"Anyway, want in this little guy's head too?"

Esprit15
2012-01-03, 09:46 PM
"You're doing fine Ambrule! Don't take any chances. Use Heat Wave!"
Attack: [roll0] (Must roll a 4, plus Seviper's evasion for special attacks, burns on an 18-20)
[roll1] (3d10+15, plus 5 STAB, plus 18 Sp. Attack)

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 09:53 PM
(Wait...I have to roll a six or better for melee attacks to hit you due to your Defense. You have to roll a five.)
The serpent barely avoids having its mouth burned, rearing back and hissing.
"Careful, Jormungandr, that kind of blow could end this! Now, while it's distracted, show'em your Poison Tail!"
While Ambrule was distracted, the Seviper's tail darts behind her, and slaps her hard with the flat.
[roll0]
[roll1] (2d10)+15 Attack-12 Defense+5 STAB=
17 Damage! Ambrule has lost 40 total.

Esprit15
2012-01-03, 10:29 PM
"How did that miss!?" Ambrule screeched to no one in particular, being audiable to everyone in the battle.
"Relax, just keep calm. You'll be fine. Phase and float up. We'll go from there." Ambrule becomes semi-transparent, like mist, and floats up thirty feet.

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 10:32 PM
(Not seeing anything specific, so let's just say 1 square=5 feet. It tends to work well.)

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 11:11 PM
Jormungandr follows the progress with it's one good eye, curiously.
"Hm...Jormungandr, down below! Dig up everything we can!"
"Sev!"
Cutting up the tiles with his tail, Jormungandr dives below the arena, tossing up dirt placed in each arena to make it easier on digging pokemon.

PresentPresence
2012-01-03, 11:17 PM
Although Peter cannot communicate with the frightened Geodude with words, he sends waves of positive emotion to the scared Pokemon. "Listen, Kara, was it? I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm getting the impression it's not good. I'm going after that guy. Maybe I can show you that I do care about Pokemon." Looking at the man up in the vents, Peter can't immediately see anything around that can help him climb up into it. Then how did he get in there? He summons a thin, flat stone from the nearby battlefield to him. Then he calls out to the minds of his Tirtouga and Roggenrola. "Chelonii, Brain, you're light enough for me to control. Step on this stone. I need you to stop that man in the vents." It takes him a moment to center himself, but he manages to lift the rock platform up to the vents. "Try to break through those bars!"

[Too much is going on to nickname this Geodude right now! :smallbiggrin:
I can use Terrakinesis to lift 80 pounds. Brain and Chelonii's combined weight is 76.1 pounds, and let's say the stone weighs 3.9 pounds. :smalltongue:
Brain has a Power Capability of 3, and Chelonii's is 2. Brain might also be able to use Headbutt or Tackle on the bars.

Perception roll to find a way into the vents: 1d20-3]

Eshkigal
2012-01-03, 11:32 PM
You're so intent on getting into the vent, you barely notice that the grate the guy was looking through earlier was already removed. Chelonii and Brain manage to work their way into the vents, where the man has already gotten a decent way away-it seems the entrance was somewhere on the outside of the battle deck.

Esprit15
2012-01-03, 11:46 PM
"Great! Now what?"
"Fire a Flame Burst into the hole the Seviper left. Can't go back to the ground since Jormungandr will just pop back up and bite you again." Curious to see if it will work, Ambrule fires off a Flame Burst at a good sized hole.

(Add any DM fiat to the AC you feel is necesarry)
Attack: [roll0] (AC of Flame Burst is 2, plus Jormungandr's Evasion)
Flame Burst: [roll1] (2d6+16, plus 5 STAB, plus 18 Sp. Attack)

Eshkigal
2012-01-04, 12:01 AM
Jormungandr screeches as fire covers his body, rolling to put it out. The blow leaves several burns, and the seviper is left the worse for wear.
"Jormungandr! Do you need to stop?"
The seviper raises it's head, staring up with his one good eye. It Screeches its defiance towards Ambrule, before digging below and away.
"Just be careful, Jormungandr! Make it your terms!"
[roll0]
If Screech works, Ambrule's defense goes down two combat stages. Jormungandr has dug under the arena.

1|||||A|||||J|
2|||||H||||||
3|||||||||||
4|||||||||||
5|||||||||||
6|||||||||||
7|||||||||||
8|||||||||||
9|||||||||||
10||||||||||[/table]

H=Hole
Tunnel is not straightforward.

Jormungandr has lost 38 HP after special defenses! Jormungandr has 17 HP left!

PresentPresence
2012-01-04, 12:19 AM
Peter starts off running, looking for the other entrance to the tunnels. He looks back over his shoulder to Kara and calls out to her, "I'm looking for another way in. See if you can't cut him off somewhere!" Did she transform or something? Before he gets too far away, he communicates telepathically with his Pokemon in the vents. "Chelonii, if it's too crowded in there, try Rolling! Brain, follow as closely as you can. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that we need to stop this guy. I'm trying to find another way in." He looks around again for the other entrance to the vents.

[Not sure if you want me to roll anything for Rollout. Feel free to roll for me if you need to. Perception Check #2: [roll0]]

Eshkigal
2012-01-04, 12:26 AM
You begin moving forward. There's no sign of him physically, but you think you hear some banging in a passage to the left.
(Rollout is inadvisable, as the way to stop would likely be by falling down a hole. Just saying.)

Esprit15
2012-01-04, 12:33 AM
"Nice hit! Okay, now use Confuse Ray over there." Zachariah points to a particularly disturbed area of soil (J1).

Jormungandr is now confused.

Kantolin
2012-01-04, 01:45 AM
Once again, immediate action was met with hesitation. Douglas simply did not react quickly to events happening. Energy went flying, people were rushing in - he'd pick up on it, but it was a lot to take in at once.

Fortunately, Truse reacted before he did - the machoke moved between most of the people and his trainer. Douglas nodded to Truse, then glanced up - to see 'Peter' trying to trail a man in the vents.

There wasn't too much that Truse could do about it even if he wanted to - it was far too big. So Douglas tried to follow with his eyes where he thought the vents would lead to - the upper deck, perhaps? Better to try to figure out the ending location than to rush on after.

Eshkigal
2012-01-04, 09:01 AM
"Uh oh...Jormungandr, relax!"
[roll0]
Jormungandr instead crashes back out, nicking its sides a bit. It is looking pretty beat up.
"Or not."
The man begins limping around the ring, to be closer to his seviper.
"Don't mind me. The next hit decides this bout. I just want to make sure no permanent damage is done."

Major
2012-01-04, 09:17 AM
Kara frowned as her beam didn't get anywhere close and the man disappeared into the vents before she could fire again. Hearing the guy she disliked talking to her she nodded. She might not like the guy, but if he was trying to help those pokemon she'd work with him for now.

Quickly she scanned the vents and followed them laying out a blue print of the ship in her mind. If she had her calculations correct she knew exactly where the vent would exact and with that she raced off the battle deck and towards the entrance with Tina and Star flying behind her, Alba chasing after, and Chuchu and Toga sitting on her shoulders or being held.

I have 22 intelligence, I can roll if you'd like, but I figured it was in character to be smart like that :P

Esprit15
2012-01-04, 10:27 AM
"Nice job, Ambrule! Now a nice and easy last hit. Night Shade!"
Attack: [roll0] (AC of Night Shade is 2)
Damage=25 (Ambrule's level)

Eshkigal
2012-01-04, 10:41 AM
With the last blow, the seviper collapses, unconscious until the man pulls several items out of various pockets and applies them to wounded areas. The seviper blinks, then looks up at his trainer.
"Good job, Jormungandr, you nearly had her."
He stands back up with some help from the seviper, and turns to you.
"Good match. My name's Matt. Want me to heal your litwick?"
Ambrule floats down, and gets treated. Ambrule is at full health! Flare sniffs her, tail wagging in congratulations.

Prospector
2012-01-04, 01:28 PM
(Before the man disappears)

Tesla conitnued to be baffled. Charmanders and Geodudes seemed to be raining from the sky. Kara did a costume change and shot a ray at rather vile looking adult man. What the hell is going on?

Once his initial shock wore off, Tesla recalled everyone but Caspar. "Caspar, Gauntlet Mode." Caspar shot into his mech arm at lightning speed. The arm started to crackle with electric energy as he walked forward. "I don't know what's going on here but I think everyone needs to calm down. I would hate this to get violent, since between her and me I doubt it will turn out well for you."

(After he leaves)

"Wait up Kara!" He chases after her, having a bad feeling.

Eshkigal
2012-01-04, 03:11 PM
Tony looks at Doug, patting the charmander on the head.
"Think they realize the guy said he was going to come here yet?"
He kneels down, and lets Lil' Helper up onto a shoulder before straightening out.
"You gonna be okay if I break the channel, little guy?"
"Ch...charmander, char."
"Alright then."
The sigil glows bright before disintegrating into little wisps. The charmander is now more nervous, but still okay with being held.
"C'mon, Doug. We should probably find Flare before things get messy."

Kara, Tesla, you both run off into the hallways. Both of you give me an Intelligence check to see how much of the ship's design you can either extrapolate or hack.

Eshkigal
2012-01-04, 03:49 PM
Brushing your fingers against an elevator system, Caspar is able to get a general blueprint of each floor, including primary access ports to the ventilation system. There are four on this floor, two of which are closer to the lower decks and storage, two near this floor's rooms.

PresentPresence
2012-01-04, 06:15 PM
Peter listened closely to the banging noise in the vents next to him. He's in there, alright. He followed along the noise like a cat chasing a rat in the walls.
"Chelonii, use your best judgement on how to proceed in there. I wouldn't want you and brain falling down any holes, alright? Just be careful."
His mind was temporarily filled with a horrifying image of sharp rotating fan blades. He shook his head to dislodge the thought.
He sent another wave of reassuring telepathic energy to the frightened Geodude. I guess this guy doesn't really belong to anyone, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to jump into that souvenir ball of mine. Does that mean he's mine now? Peter was distracted from this train of thought by another loud bang and what sounded like muffled cursing. Good, I'm still on the trail.

[Perception Check #3 (I guess I'll keep rolling these periodically): 1d20-3]

Esprit15
2012-01-04, 08:07 PM
"That you did. Glad that confusion hit him, or we'd have just been playing a waiting game for quite some time...we both had moments of good luck. Thank you for a great match. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go check on some things before seeing what all that commotion was all about." He shakes the man's hand, and head's back to his room. "Ambrule, let's go check on Bullet." And the egg (spoken telepathically to Ambrule). "Hey Flare, want to go see Bullet again? Or do you want to go back to your master?" Him and Ambrule and Flare return to their room to find Bullet sitting obediently by the egg, currently shifting a different towel under the egg so that it doesn't get too cold. Bullet, upon seeing Zachariah, finishes adjusting the towel and moves away from the egg. "You seem irritated, Bullet. What's up?" Bullet pulls Zachariah's knife towards him and begins stenciling letters into the carpet of the room (not damaging the floor, just making clear lines between the fibers). Eventually he has a message: NEED HATCHEr. I SMArT, BUT WANT BEST FOR Eqq (egg). FIND HATCHEr SOON. "Why can't Bullet spell or English?"
"It's hard to make curves with a knife, like in an R or g, and short phrases are easier to make. Don't worry Bullet, I saw a few trainers who seemed to know their stuff up on deck. I'll see if one of them is a breeder and if so if they can take care of this egg for us until it hatches. By the way, I somehow always forget that despite being steel, you need to eat. I'll go find someone to take care of what is hopefully going to be the next member of the team while you go catch something to eat. I think I saw the Red Current going by here, if you want to actually hunt somthing." The Metang just looks at Zachariah. "Okay, hunting might have been a bad choice of words. And the suggestion of actually trying to eat a Magikarp. Fine, there's a buffet on the upper deck. I'm sure you could get an uncooked steak or something." The Metang hums happily at the suggestion and flies off. Zachariah wraps up the egg in the towel. "Ambrule, hold onto the other towel so that I can swap them around and keep the egg warm." The trainer, dog and candle leave the room, only to see the chaos still unfolding as they get back onto the deck. "Judgeit, this crap. Okay, Flare, can you stay here and stay close to this egg? It's very important that it stays warm until I can find it someone who actually knows what they're doing. Ambrule, if he doesn't understand me, can you tell him? I might need you otherwise I'd let you stay with it." Zachariah and Ambrule go looking for someone to ask what exactly is going on. At the same time, he sends out a thought to Bullet every thirty seconds or so until he finally feels the Metang's mind to come find them when it's done eating.

Major
2012-01-04, 11:14 PM
Kara moved in the opposite direction heading deeper into the boat. "This way guys! We gotta catch him!" She said.

Prospector
2012-01-04, 11:46 PM
"Wow, hold on Kara. Caspar just acquired the floor plans on the ship. Give me sec to review them." He stares intently into his goggles as the images as the floor plans filled his vision. "He definitely did not go that way," he said pointing the direction Kara wanted to go. "There are four vent access sites, two are near the storage and lower decks," he points in the appropriate direction, "and two are near this floor's rooms," and again points.

Kantolin
2012-01-05, 02:48 AM
Douglas took a deep inhale, then exhale. He was very hesitant about just walking away, but he had to admit - he was neither fast nor the best of battlers, nor as driven.

"...I suppose you're right." Maybe it was a series of misunderstandings. Douglas nodded to Tony. "Alright - where did Flare go?"

Truse shifted as the boat rocked slightly.

Eshkigal
2012-01-05, 10:11 AM
"Come on, she has to be here somewhere."
Still holding the charmander, he puts his other hand to his lips and gives off a shrill whistle.
Flare's ears perk up, but she can't leave the egg.
"Hou!"
Nodding, Tony pointed towards the howl.
"Just saying, though. While wanting to help is all well and good, it helps to know where you're going, first. Now, this little guy is looking for a trainer, since there are a lot of humans and his life until recently was scavenging through trash. He trusts the two of us after my little talk with him. Want a charmander? If not, he can come with me."

Zach: As you ask, you find out that apparently there was some person in the vents, who was apparently chasing a charmander and a geodude. The geodude was caught, but there's some guy walking around carrying the charmander still, while the angry magic beam tossing girl ran off. Following pointing fingers, you spot Tony and a guy with a machoke.

Pete: You head that way, and you think you see movement. Whether it's him or not, you're not sure.

Tesla and Kara: Tesla, you are unsure if you can figure out where he'll come out. If he had a map as well, yes, you could. However, if he's just going in blind, he could conceivably come out of any of them.

Pete, Kara, and Tesla, roll 1d4.

Major
2012-01-05, 01:59 PM
"Oh...right, sorry." Kara said feeling a bit embarassed about going the wrong way. Her annoyance was distracting her and she needed to focus. Going through vents was slower than walking. She had time to calm down and think.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-01-05, 02:16 PM
With both of you looking at the map, you determine he probably came from the rooms and would backtrack. However, you disagree on which one's more likely. It'd be fast enough to check both for signs of access, however.
(One of you got it right, the other wrong. Once Presence rolls, I will reveal who.)

Kantolin
2012-01-05, 04:20 PM
Want a charmander? If not, he can come with me."

Douglas smiled - he opted not to respond to the first half of Tony's statement, but he did tap the chamander gently with two fingers.

"He seems very fond of you - why break up a good thing?" He responded, before glancing up - and blinking. "Actually, isn't that Flare? I remember him being unhappy around boats - granted, as you pointed out, most fire pokemon are."

He pointed towards the unfamiliar Zachariah.

Eshkigal
2012-01-05, 04:42 PM
He peers over towards where Doug points, while the charmander cautiously accepts petting.
"Yeah, that is. Oh hey, she's with my cousin, Zach! Hey, Zach!"
He begins walking towards his cousin, and gestures to Doug.
"C'mon, he's pretty friendly when you get to know him. Also better control of his powers than Kara, but that's probably from family support."

Eshkigal
2012-01-05, 05:15 PM
(Since Present has rolled, off we go!)
Pete: You are certain he headed right! Making your way through the vents, you, Chelonii, and Brain eventually find an entrance labeled cargo maintenance bay. It has been disturbed recently.
"Who the **** are you?!"
By a rather irate looking couple, one apparently a part of the maintenance crew, with a hostess next to them, both of which were had apparently just climbed in.
"This is the fifth time in the past hour! Dear Arceus, why is it so hard to find a secluded spot on a ship FULL OF ROOMS?!" :smallmad:
(Engineer Bob and Hostess Ana would like you to leave them alone! They sent out general anger and frustration!)

Kara and Tesla: The two of you have much better success on the other side of the boat. From outside, you come across an open hatch where Tesla thought he'd come out. Your timing is impeccable, as he has just finished clambering out.
"Can't believe I lost them like that..."
He turns and sees you two. He had left before you began shooting, so he doesn't recognize you two.
"Can I help you?"

Prospector
2012-01-05, 07:40 PM
"I think my friend here wants to have word with you. Wait a sec," Tesla stares long and hard at the man. He knows him but he can't put his finger on it. It drives him crazy. "You look familiar. I've seen you in the news, now haven't I? Who are you?"

Eshkigal
2012-01-05, 07:54 PM
"Luthor Belfast. You probably saw my interview after buying the Safari Zone to help protect the endangered species within. Wait...Crikey, you were by the charmander and geodude! They haven't grown fond of people yet or captured, have they? They'll be impossible to introduce to their respective populations then!"
(Congratulations, you have avoided shooting this world's version of Steve Irwin while not knowing you were shooting this world's approximate version of Steve Irwin.)

Esprit15
2012-01-05, 10:52 PM
"Hey, how's the cruise going? Hope you don't mind me using Flare as a makeshift heater for the egg. She just ran up to me and started following me around. I'd have let Ambrule take care of the egg, but open flames near an egg is probably a dad idea, and you guys seemed to need help so... Oh, sorry, and might I ask who your friend is here?"

PresentPresence
2012-01-05, 11:39 PM
"Dear Arceus, why is it so hard to find a secluded spot on a ship FULL OF ROOMS?!"
Peter pulls the keycard for his room out of his pocket. "Listen, this is the key to my room. I'll let you have it on one condition: I need to know if any of the people who have recently disturbed you looked particularly suspicious, or if any of them had a dark grey colored dog Pokemon or a white Pokemon with claws and a red stripe with them."

Kantolin
2012-01-06, 01:10 AM
I'd have let Ambrule take care of the egg, but open flames near an egg is probably a dad idea

Douglas chuckled at that suggestion. "Yeah - unsteady flames near an egg's a good way of separating the inner membrame. Especially if there's a Chalaza in there - course, then you could easily fix it with proper rotation."

He then shook his head. "Sorry,though. My name is Douglas - Douglas Bóaire. This is Truse." He thumbed to the machoke behind him.

"Ma-choke?" (What egg?)

Douglas glanced between the two, looking for a family resemblance. "So you two are cousins? Does that mean you're a... mystic, right?"

Prospector
2012-01-06, 01:27 AM
"Luthor Belfast. You probably saw my interview after buying the Safari Zone to help protect the endangered species within. Wait...Crikey, you were by the charmander and geodude! They haven't grown fond of people yet or captured, have they? They'll be impossible to introduce to their respective populations then!"
(Congratulations, you have avoided shooting this world's version of Steve Irwin while not knowing you were shooting this world's approximate version of Steve Irwin.)

Tesla holds up a hand to indicate Kara should hold off on blasting the poor bloke. "Hold on Kara, this bloke is a Pokemon Preservationist. He tries to help endangered species of Pokemon to come back from the edge of extinction." Turning to Belfast, "I think I saw the Charmander land on someone's head. I don't know if that qualifies as being 'fond' of people or not. Mind explaining exactly how Charmander and Geodude fell from the upper area?"

Esprit15
2012-01-06, 01:36 AM
"Oh, Arceus no. Mystics are pretty rare in our family. We're still pretty well connected with the dead, however. I'm a psychic, actually. My line of the family is predominantly Hex Maniacs, but I'm a Fire Breather, much to my parents' annoyance." He flicks a small flame up into the air and then extinguishes it to prove his point. "Of course I hate the term. Makes me sound like some sort of sideshow character. Anyways, our families are somewhat distant genetically. We moved to Unova...quite a while ago, but we stayed connected. Several generations at least. But that's never interesting to people in the family, let alone non-family. So what about you? You seem to know your way around eggs."

Kantolin
2012-01-06, 02:29 AM
Oh 'what' no? Are zus? Was that a psychic term?

"Heh, I've always found lineage to be fascinating myself - it's great that you keep in touch despite such distance."

He stretched. "I'm a breeder and hatcher myself - my focus is on ensuring that family becomes the best that they can be."

"Choke." (He's really good with eggs.)

"Ah right - thanks, Truse. I'm also working on being a medic - I'm just a novice there, though."

The machoke half-smiled - it was easy to be misinterpreted when the two couldn't actually speak. Douglas nodded. "Sounds like you just recieved a new egg?"

Major
2012-01-06, 03:09 AM
Kara frowns. She had just been pointing her finger to shoot the guy when Tesla blocked her hand. "Then why was he chasing those pokemon? They looked scared!" She said with a frown. "If he is scaring and hurting pokemon I'm going to kick his ass." She turned and glared at the guy, "You got lucky I missed the first shot. You better explain yourself!" Kara demanded. She hadn't watched much TV during her travels and as such her knowledge was mostly academical.

Eshkigal
2012-01-06, 03:40 AM
Kara and Tesla: "I don't speak pokemon is what happened, unfortunately. Frankly, does every wild pokemon you meet understand what you're doing, or would they freak out a bit if you put them in a cage so they didn't put themselves in danger until you arrived? I am not a ranger, after all. I can't make companions like they do. No, the best I can do is rely on my pokemon to get the message across or quickly and nonlethally knock'em out if they begin causing chaos with my false swiper Shugo, and a quick tackle from one of the twins. Those pokemon are both rare, and the charmander breeding population is still being built up. The geodude is just different from most, which when you think about the standard trainer mindset, could have been a danger to his fellows. Either of which would help the preserve keep up profits too, as trainers pay to get unique data."

Pete: The two grab it out of your hand, grateful.
"There was that guy on the other side of the boat, about...fifteen minutes ago?"

Esprit15
2012-01-06, 10:14 AM
"Ar-see-us. Pretty much the god of...well, everything.

Good to hear it interests you. All it really means to me is my parents send me off to Kanto every now and then to stay in touch.

Yeah, it was a gift from a trainer who had lost both their Gardevoir and Gallade. They had had a clutch of eggs before dying and they asked me to have one as a thanks for Ambrule here," he motions towards the Litwick on his shoulder, "communicating with their ghost before they finished passing on. You know, making sure they had no hard feelings, final goodbyes. Anyways, we've been trying to take care of it, but right now that has been predominantly wrapping it in warm towels and swapping those around. I'm worried that we're just going to end up killing it. I can feel a living mind in there, thankfully, but... Could you give us a hand with it?"

Prospector
2012-01-06, 11:18 AM
"Well not everyone can perfectly communicate with Pokemon like you can Kara. Some mis-communication is to be expected." Tesla turned and spoke into his gauntlet, "Caspar, Disengage Gauntlet Mode." The small Rotom popped out of the Gauntlet, and hovered around his shoulder. "Now shall we help Mr Belfast try and recover the Pokemon? You might be able to better communicate his intentions to them."

Eshkigal
2012-01-06, 11:56 AM
"Wait, she can do what now?"
He looks curious. He pulls out a pokeball and releases a grovyle.
"Can I see that? Please?"

Kantolin
2012-01-06, 12:29 PM
Huh. Granted, he had been told that Zach was psychic, so maybe reading his mind shouldn't come as a surprise. He had to... think about that one, though, as he liked what was in his head remaining there.

"I definitely wouldn't mind taking a lot at the egg - depending on how far along it is from hatching, warm towels might not be a terrible idea, heh. I'm pretty familiar with the humanshape egg group." He added, glancing at Truse for a moment.

PresentPresence
2012-01-06, 01:59 PM
Peter slaps his hand to his forehead. "Enjoy your, uh, alone time, sir and madam."
He heads off to the other side of the ship, stopping to meet up with Brain and Chelonii. "Okay, guys, we seem to be on a bit of a wild Zangoose chase. But we're not giving up! Come back into your Pokeballs." He shoots the laser through one of the grates in the vents, and runs back to where he had originally seen the man.
There he meets up with Eihwaz and Bulwark. "W1e're going to do this together. Bulwark, Eihwaz, we're looking for the guy we saw up in the vents earlier. You two go on ahead and try to find him. We'll follow as closely as we can."

Esprit15
2012-01-06, 02:33 PM
"Here, Flare is sitting right by it keeping it warm." Bullet finally shows up, partly red and holding a torn piece of steak.

Eshkigal
2012-01-06, 02:54 PM
There is s surprised bark from Flare, then. Turning, you see cracks beginning to form in the top. Grabbing two ends of the towel, she drags it closer to the group, as the charmander, Reaper, and Lil' Helper hop down from their perches to help move it. As it gets to roughly the middle, the egg's top shatters, revealing the top of a Ralts's head.
Congratulations, your egg hatched into Ralts! Apply Doug's breeder bonus as you see fit!
(Thus, the chain reaction begins. Next time those of you with eggs visit your room, your egg will hatch.:smallsmile:)

Major
2012-01-06, 03:29 PM
Kara frowns, "So you just care about protecting them so you can make money?" She asked.

However, upon being asked about her ability she sighed. She didn't feel like being a freak show. However, when he released the pokemon she looked at it. She hadn't seen a Grovyle before.

"There isn't much to see...it happens quickly and it isn't verbal." She mumbled.

Without saying a word she used her telepathic powers to send emotions of friendliness and curiosity. Hi there. I've not seen a pokemon like you before. She said with a smile on her face. What's your name?

Eshkigal
2012-01-06, 03:46 PM
He shrugs at that.
"It takes money to keep facilities up to date, expand the preserve, keep inexperienced visitors safe, workers paid, and guards able to handle poachers. So profit is a little important, yes."
The Grovyle moves its head to the side, and looks at you.
Grooov? (Verdant Blade is my name. What about you, human?)
You both see it glance to Luthor, before miming several things.
"'She...is...in...my...head. Ha! Someone like you could solve plenty of my transport problems, if you're willing."

Major
2012-01-06, 04:17 PM
"Why do people charge you to handle poachers?" Kara asked confused, "You can't get volunteers for something like that?"

Then she looked back at the pokemon. My name is Kara. Does this man treat pokemon fine? He claims to be a good guy. You can tell me if he is really a bad guy I won't tell him you told me.

Eshkigal
2012-01-06, 05:23 PM
"Well yes, there are volunteers. But employing people ensures better security in this case, as they can then stay around longer."
The grovyle narrows its eyes, and you can sense potential hostility.
What exactly are you implying?

Kantolin
2012-01-06, 05:31 PM
Douglas stepped towards the egg as he noticed it hatching, and knelt by it.

He did not, however, touch it. For humanshapes, it was especially important that they got out of the egg on their own.

Still, everything looked good - and thus before the Ralts finished hatching, he backed away. Which was reflexive to avoid imprinting, but that didn't actually mean anything from a Ralts as they didn't. Everything looked good.

"Looks like everything worked out well after all! Heh, maybe you have a knack for this yourself."

Prospector
2012-01-06, 10:16 PM
Tesla watched as Belfast tried to recruit Kara. Based on her reactions, Kara had no intention on taking him up on his offer. Tesla decided to step in and steer the conversation in a new direction. "Mr Belfast, should we not get going and find those missing Pokemon? I mean the more time we spend here, the more likely a trainer will try and catch them."

Eshkigal
2012-01-06, 10:33 PM
"Poke-OH MEW I FORGOT THE POKEMON! Verdant, return!"
The grovyle returns to his ball as he runs off towards the battle deck.

Esprit15
2012-01-07, 12:04 AM
Zachariah carefully walks up to the Ralts, trying not to scare it. It was so small, just over half the size of a "grown" Ralts. (Directed at the Ralts only, trying to "sound as friendly as possible) Hi. It's good to finally see the body attatched to the mind that was sitting in that egg with us for three days. Do you have a name? I'm Zachariah.
Seeing as the Ralts is not technically caught yet (do we have to catch them?), I figured that technically the Ralts is not under my control. I can finish this if the DM disagrees.

Eshkigal
2012-01-07, 12:50 AM
(It's yours now)
The ralts looks at you curiously. You feel the baby probe around in your own mind. You hear it giggle, in both your mind and the real world.

The ralts is not able to move quite yet, just having hatched. The body's muscles have not gotten set up at all, and it is still too young to put in a ball-generally, humanforms take a couple days to grow accustomed to moving and to be safely moved in a pokeball, with ralts becoming able to psychically talk around the same time. Seems to like you, though.

[roll0]
1 Male, 2 Female
(In case you hadn't decided yet)

Esprit15
2012-01-07, 01:39 AM
Wow, and I deceded on female anyways. It happened for a reason. :smalltongue:

"Heh, seems that you can't quite form words yet. Well that's okay. Ambrule, Bullet, any ideas on what to name her?" He sends a calm, reassuring thought to the Ralts as he picks her up telekinetically, so as to avoid damaging her in any way by moving her, and holds her in his arms like a child.

"She's adorable-" The Ralts at once began to start crying when Ambrule began to speak. Small nails and debris begins to swirl around as though blown by a non-existant wind.

"Oh crap. Um, what would set her off... Ambrule, did you direct your speech at her?"

"No."

"It's probably the sound of you speaking but not being understandable. They few times you aren't speaking so I can hear you, it still gives me chills. Just talk so we can all hear." Zachariah again begins sending more reassuring thoughts to the newborn. She begins to calm down, and the dust settles to the ground.

"Judge... powerful little thing. Just wait until she can actually control herself! Hm... Vis? She strikes me as a Vis." The Ralts doesn't react to the sound this time, and doesn't seem to respond to the name. She yawns and falls asleep.

"Little thing's tired out after getting scared. She needs to rest." Zachariah drops off the Ralts on the bed. "Ambrule, you're going to watch her. Remember that she's very young and very shy. If she get's scared, just talk to her as kindly as you can. Psychics aren't exactly friendly towards ghosts..." Ambrule nodded and sat by the bed like she did earlier in the morning. After a few minutes, he was back to the small group. "Ambrule's keeping an eye on her while she sleeps."

Prospector
2012-01-07, 12:37 PM
"We should follow him. You can thank me later. Caspar, thanks for the support. Return." Tesla quickly followed after Belfast, making sure he did not get mistaken for a villain.

Eshkigal
2012-01-07, 02:33 PM
Peter, as you exit with your pokemon, you spot that guy, and Tesla seems to be in pursuit! You don't immediately spot Kara, but she is kind of short.

Outside, trainers notice the sky seeming to spontaneously create storm clouds, as the waters around the ship become choppy. What's more, the Red Current seems to have picked up on something, as even the gyaradoses are swimming as far and fast away from the ship as possible.

Esprit15
2012-01-07, 03:00 PM
"Judge, this doesn't look good. Bullet, keep close. You might be needed." Zachariah feels around mentally for Ambrule and the Ralts, and keeps an "eye" on them to make sure things are going fine (would I need to make some sort of concentration check for this? As of now if taking ten is possible I have a nice 16 if it is based on either CON or INT, which Voltorb Flip, another thing that requires focus, uses as the stat). "Hey guys, weather is looking kind of nasty up there. Gyrados don't just flee." Zachariah checks the Pokédex for anything that would cause weather like what he's seeing right now.

Eshkigal
2012-01-07, 03:43 PM
(I'll let you keep it active for now)
As you look down, the screaming begins, as the thunderous clapping of thousands of wings begins around you. Looking up, dozens, maybe hundreds of flying types pierce the cloud cover, most notably salamences, charizards, dragonites, and even aerodactyls, more than you've ever heard of in the same place and heading towards the ship.

This isn't the cause of the screaming, however. That goes to the absolutely gigantic green, serpentine dragon barreling down towards the ship, bellowing rage and fury as the storm clouds open, lashing the ocean with lightning, twisters, hail, and torrential rain as it dives under the water. Your pokedex flashes one word at you, as green coils rise up around the ship: Rayquaza. Dragon god of weather, as some call it. And it seems to be taking the ship, as you feel it lift the entire ship out of the water.

Below, great, terrible green claws shred into the hull, piercing the battle deck. Then, the ship gives a mighty lurch up, sending people and pokemon sprawling. But even the tumult here is drowned out by the roar outside.

Prospector
2012-01-07, 04:10 PM
"Holy..." Tesla quickly grabbed the nearest handhold he could find. He also whips out his Dex and starts scanning the Legendary. He then moves onto the other myriad of 'dragon' Pokemon.

Esprit15
2012-01-07, 04:26 PM
"Oh ****, oh ****, holy ****. This is bad. This is very very bad!" Zachariah begins running across the deck to his room to get Ambrule and the Ralts while scanning the many draconic Pokémon. (to Ambrule) Ambrule, gently wake the Ralts! Things are going very badly out here! (switching to the Ralts, thinking as calmly as he can) Okay, it's time to wake up. You have to wake up now.

Eshkigal
2012-01-07, 04:49 PM
They are awake and screaming, as Ambrule phased through a wall to see what was going on. Bullet is the main reason you are able to move, as the ship begins rising higher and higher into the sky, being circled by riled up dragon and flying types.

Both of you, add one trainer level for sheer number of pokemon scanned.

Prospector
2012-01-07, 05:12 PM
Tesla dexterously sends out Melchior, Caspar and Relic. "Melchior and Caspar, infiltrate the ships system and provide as much support as you can to keep the ship intact and sea worthy. Also feed me updates on the ships condition. And if it looks like it is lost, you get back to me and into your balls." The zip off into the walls of the ship. "Relic, you help from falling overboard. I'm heading to the bridge." He calls back to Kara, "See if you can do anything about calming down the big one." He then proceeds to make his way to the bridge.

Major
2012-01-07, 05:20 PM
OOC: I'm REALLY sorry about the delay. There was a major accident today doing fair stuff and someone got stabbed in the mouth. Thus lots of chaos today

Kara was about to assure the pokemon she meant no harm when it was returned as the man realized he had to chase after the pokemon. She had quickly raced after them when the giant dragon pokemon had shown up.

She quickly scanned all the pokemon's minds as they flew around trying to learn names and species for her own personal knowledge. However her main target was the big green one that seemed to be ridiculously powerful.

Still in her dratini costume she quickly ran towards the railing trying not to fall so she could get as close as possible. She sent thoughts of peace and friendliness through her telepathic link with pokemon trying to calm it. What's wrong!? Stop there are lots of innocent pokemon on this ship! They might be hurt! Please listen and calm things! Tell me what is wrong I can help! She sent. She hoped her current connection to dragon types granted by the dratini costume would help get attention.

Not sure it matters but I AM currently the dragon type.

Esprit15
2012-01-07, 05:43 PM
"Well so much for keeping them calm. Ambrule, get over here." He opens the door and finds the Ralts screaming in terror, with bits of paper and debris again flying around randomly. Please calm down. Relax, Era. That's what I'm going to call you, now. Era. Just relax, and rest. You'll need your strength later. The Ralts relaxes a bit as the calm thoughts get into her head. Zachariah picks her up and carries her in his arms. "Good, at least you calm down quickly. Okay, Ambrule, Bullet, we need to keep the passengers safe. Tell everyone that they need to get into their rooms. Running around outside is just going to get people hurt and posibly flung off the ship. I'll take Era here and do the same. Ambrule, you're the slowest, so you take the area that's closest here, Bullet and I will take opposite ends of the ship." The Metang flies off to the front of the ship, trying to warn people to stay inside, while Zachariah does the same at the back.

Eshkigal
2012-01-07, 06:39 PM
Kara: You get one thought, with enough power behind it that your head is left ringing.
WHERE IS IT?!?!
The dragon does not calm, and you feel its fury tearing at your mind. It finally stops its ascension, roughly 200 feet above the water. It shifts its coils, wrapping around the ship multiple times before bringing its face directly down to look at you.
WHERE IS MY EGG?!?!

You also happened to scan enough pokemon to level up!

Tesla, Zach, as you go, you notice people have fallen off, only to be scooped up or bitten by the flying pokemon and tossed back onboard roughly. It's almost as if they don't want anyone to escape. Belfast is amongst those who get this treatment, as the circle closes in and pokemon begin landing on the deck.

Tesla, when you get to the bridge, you notice it is in utter chaos. People and pokemon are scrambling everywhere, trying to get anything to respond, send out a signal, really do anything.

Zach, you head back to the battle arena to find it in utter disarray. Thankfully, most people didn't have the really heavy kinds of pokemon out, though there is one or two people pinned by a rapidash. Others who managed to get out alright are going about, including Matt, despite a decent gash in his forehead. Doug and Tony are buried somewhere, apparently. There's a pair of legs sticking out from behind a group of geodude near the wall you last saw them by, as well as a cubone's club, at least.

Prospector
2012-01-07, 08:53 PM
Looking at the chaos on the bridge, Tesla sighs and shakes his head. You would think the captain of a ship would have better control of his crew. Taking a deep breath, Tesla shouts, "I am Nicola Tesla, an engineer from Silph Co!" He pulls out his Silph Co. Employee I.D. and displays it before everyone. "I am here to offer my services to the Capatain! So where is the one in charge of this miserable excuse of a bridge crew?!" That should get their attention.

Kantolin
2012-01-07, 09:34 PM
Douglas smiled as Zachariah visibly got along quite well with the Ralts. He nodded at Truse, who nodded back.

Douglas then paused, glancing up. He felt rather than saw the overal feeling of unease about the boat, then screaming. "What is - "

He didn't get further as the entire boat was shaken violently. He fell; his machoke clutched him tightly and grabbed onto something he thought was sturdy that turned out to not be terribly so. All Douglas could do is hold tightly as the two found themselves jostled, buried, and a bit bruised.

"What is causing this?" Douglas was scared; extremely scared. But he was very good at not /looking/ like he was scared when he didn't want to, and right now seeming relatively calm could only help. "Truse, can you get - "

He was interrupted as the ship lurched, but fortunately Truse knew him relatively well - as the startled machoke pulled free. Simultaneously, he hesitated.

"We have to see what's causing this - did we hit something?" 'Or are we still hitting something', he thought but did not say.

He thought to Tony, but the Mystic was stronger than he - so since he wasn't crushed, odds were neither was he, and Truse had no hands open (using one to grab hold of things to move safely, the other to physically carry Douglas around the waist). Still, he looked intently, not wanting anyone to be hurt.

What was that?

And, it occured to him, he had a device specifically for telling him what pokemon were, and thus used it to scan the enormous array of dragons about. Truse held back, unsure of what to do and more than a little worried; the machoke wanted to get back below decks, and Douglas knew this.

"Wait." As Douglas' eyes were on the oddly-dressed girl from before. He then looked up at the enormous.... thing, and then back at her - the big creature looked almost like it was sizing her up. It then lunged towards her - Douglas tried to run forward himself as it didn't look like she was dodging but couldn't move, given he was physically being held off the ground.

Not that he's sure what he would've done anyway.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Douglas called to her, shouting to make himself heard over the noise of both panic and dragons - obviously she had frozen from fear. "Get out of there!"

He could feel Truse tense - obviously not wanting attention being drawn their way, but he couldn't just watch the giant eat the girl without /trying/!

Eshkigal
2012-01-07, 10:37 PM
Tesla: One crew member stops and looks at you.
"Whoop de doo, our engines aren't busted and if we get dropped it won't matter anyway. Although we're currently having issues reaching anyone for help, so if you're going to be up here you may as well give that a go."

Doug: The rayquaza looks at you, and screams in your brain.
MY EGG! I KNOW ITS HERE! TELL ME WHERE IT IS, NOW!
Everyone on the ship cringes as if they hear the same thing. You also gain a level from pokemon scanned.
(Checking the DMG, it's telepathic! Didn't realize that. Also, you all hear it's voice.)

Esprit15
2012-01-07, 11:38 PM
Stopping for a second from pulling a pinned man from the Rapidash, Zachariah respond to the voice. "We'll gladly help you if it means we'll be safely returned to land! What does the egg look like?"

Prospector
2012-01-07, 11:43 PM
Damn neanderthals. Tesla sighs. "Fine, show me to the equipment." He walks over to the communication equipment and placed his Gauntlet on it. "Melchior give me a report on the communications array, I'll examine the console from here. Caspar, please get in touch with Kara and ask her what the big dragon wants." Seeing both text him an affirmative, he proceeds to examine the console.

[roll0]

Major
2012-01-08, 12:34 AM
Kara waves her hand in dismissal to shoe the person near her away.

I can help you find your egg, but please I need more information. Did somebody on this boat take it? I promise to find the person for you and deal with them, but don't destroy the boat there are lots of innocents on board! You can read my mind. You can see I don't know where the egg is, but am willing and even WANT to help.

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 02:59 AM
Tesla: You think it's an aspect of the situation you find yourself part of. Everything is working properly on this end, but there's something just causing too much interference to let you reach anyone. You're not sure you can fix it.
Then you feel rayquaza scream in your head exactly what it wants. It wants its egg back, and it wants it now.

Kara and Doug: Face to face with a snarling legendary, feeling its contempt for fools and those that look similar enough to make this difficult, you make an offer. It gives an ultimatum.
BRING THEM TO ME. THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE.
It shifts its coils around, and slams a hand down into the platform nearby, caving in a portion and sending its claws into the metal with shrieking protestations. You get the feeling it doesn't really care what you have to say, so long as it gets what it wants.
THE MORTALS HAD THIS UPON THEM. YOU HAVE THREE HOURS TO FIND MY EGG AND THE THIEVES BEFORE I JUDGE YOU ALL GUILTY AND LET THEM FIND IT.
The claw lifts up, showing a heavily bloodstained and torn black shirt, which judging by the pieces of meat on it, was not so much removed as what little was left. A red R is just barely noticeable. With it's other claw, it gestures to the dragon pokemon and the bird pokemon, still swarming the ship like something out of The Birds, particularly violent in places where trainers think to heft pokeballs at any of them. There is more than one spot where a trainer is left bleeding badly but still alive. There are a few who seem like they will not live another day, too. The dragons for their part seem to be herding the trainers who stand down, and tossing those who don't indoors after them.
(Everyone gets the message from Rayquaza by the way.)

Zach: As you receive the ultimatum, you hear from your pokemon that people are being herded indoors by the dragons. You and three others manage to get the man out from behind the rapidash. He has a few broken bones, but he'll live as you telekinetically lift him over to where the main group of healers to be. On the way, you see Tony extract himself, Flare, the charmander, Lil' Helper, and Reaper from under some trainers and geodudes, all somewhat battered but otherwise okay. He spots you, even as Lil' Helper goes to grab his bone club.
"Zach, are we really being held hostage by an angry legendary?"
He goes to the guy stuck in the jigglypuff, and gives a sharp pull. The man with the miniature charizard gets dislodged from it.

Esprit15
2012-01-08, 03:41 AM
"It would seem so." He takes the badly injured man to a room, and makes his way to where Rayquaza placed/slammed the remains of whoever stole its egg, calling Ambrule and Bullet over when they had finisged helping show people to a safe place. As they arrive, he finishes studying the remains.
"I taste old death in the air." Ambrule grumbled as she floated over. "That thing is angry sounding. Glad I can float."
"Well it seems we have a hunt ahead of us. Anybody got a Pokémon who can track at all?"

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 03:49 AM
Tony recalls Lil' Helper and Reaper, before picking up Flare.
"Flare's good at that, though trying to track a dead dude will probably be less than useful." :smallconfused: "Huh. There are Rockets on this ship?"
He tucks Flare under an arm, as she whines about the deck and that the water is so far below. The charmander holds onto his leg, panicked again. With his off hand, he scans the pokemon around them all.

Esprit15
2012-01-08, 04:43 AM
"You have to think differently. If that man or anyone he associated with was on this boat, his remains would have some of their scent. And since as far as we know legendary eggs are just a complicated form of budding, he could track the scent of Rayquaza inside the boat, where the current Rayquaza has not been and thus would lack a scent."

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 10:10 AM
"Point."
He slowly walks to one of the spots rayquaza is looped around the ship, and lets Flare sniff it.

Prospector
2012-01-08, 11:55 AM
"Hmm," Tesla says as he mulls over the problem. "Seems to be to much electromagnetic interference in the the area. Let's see what we can do about that." He dives into trying to create a filter to screen out all the interference. While doing this he has a thought. Speaking int the Gauntlet he says, "Caspar,see if Kara would be willing to ask Mr. Belfast what he knows about the egg. I saw him here (indicates the position) recieving treatment. Melchior see if can search through the cargo manifest to see if there is anything odd that could be the egg. I imagine that the egg will need to be heated, so look for odd power consumption on the grid. If you find anything, let Kara and me know." And with that he gets back to work.

Caspar zips along the electrical cables of the ship at near lightspeed going near Kara. Once near her, he relays the message. The Oh So Humble one suggests you talk to the one known as Belfast. He was last scene here (position on ship) recieving treatment. After delivering the message he waits for a reply (though if there is none then returns to Tesla).

Taking a twenty, so 29 to fix the comms.

Major
2012-01-08, 02:57 PM
Kara sighed. She could tell the legendary dragon was angry, but she needed information and she needed him to stop hurting innocents. I promise I will find the egg, but PLEASE put the ship down somewhere safe and stop hurting people! Not all of these pokemon are bad people...please. She thought with sweetness and a bit of sorrow.

Then she heard the other pokemon come up to her. Why would he know about the egg? He didn't have a shirt like that one. She thought as she pointed at the rocket shirt. She had no idea who Team Rocket was.

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 05:14 PM
CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY I AM GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO PROVE THAT, MORTAL. FIND MY EGG, AND THESE PEOPLE WILL BE SAVED. FAIL, AND NONE ARE SAFE. STOP WASTING TIME AND GET TO WORK.
He doesn't seem to be feeling talkative any more.

Tesla, you work at the radio for some time as your pokemon check the cargo manifest. As you finally get a shaky line to the outside that with some minor tweaking should be fairly reliable, Melchior comes back on, using the system to translate.
I've got something-well, really a lack of things, but they're promising. The cameras in Cargo Compartment 9 are suspiciously down, with a notably large crate listed as property of a trainer that never boarded.

Major
2012-01-08, 05:26 PM
Fine...I'll find your egg. Kara thinks sadly, And I understand you are upset but you should still be nicer to people that just want to be your friend... She said trying to hold back tears. She liked all pokemon and normally they weren't mean to her. Having a pokemon be so mean reminded her of her time at the orphanage.

She turned away, Alba...please smell that shirt and see if you can pick up a scent similar to it. Those people have to work together so they would share a similar scent. If we don't get one we will look for that one guy.

Tracker: Need an 11 or higher.
[roll0]

PresentPresence
2012-01-08, 05:27 PM
When Peter spotted the poacher, he connected to Bulwark and said, "There he is! Don't let him get away!" Before his Rhyhorn could react, a great green dragon and a host of flying Pokemon swarmed the ship! Peter knew of Rayquaza from his national heritage. It's real. It's really real. He even spotted a Pokemon that had been revived from a fossil! That Pokemon looks familiar. I think I saw its skeleton at the museum! I thought that that kind of Pokemon were supposed to be extinct...But this is no time to get excited. People are in danger! Peter sent out his other Pokemon, including his new Geodude, but he returned Eihwaz to its ball. "It's too dangerous out here for you right now, little one. You'll be safe in your Pokeball."

Peter pulled out his Pokedex, scanning all of the Pokemon, searching for some kind of clue as to what could be happening. That's definitely a Rayquaza alright, and that is an Aerodactyl. What is going on?! As he scanned the Pokemon, he also scanned the surrounding area to see if any Trainers or Pokemon were in danger.
A young girl trainer was hanging on to the ledge of the damaged boat, in danger of falling in. "Chelonii! That girl's going to fall in to the water. I need you to go catch her if she can't hold on. Brain, go with her and see if you can help."
A sailor was pinned under a cargo box that had fallen on top of him. "Bulwark, go and free that guy! You're strong enough, I believe in you!"
"Valiant, you come with me. I'm going to see if I can speak with that Aerodactyl like I can with Chelonii."

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 05:36 PM
Bulwark trundles off, and sends the crate flying over the edge to plummet 200 feet down. Chelonii and Brain nod, and go to help-only to have an invading charizard reach over the edge and toss the girl back aboard, grunting at them. Meanwhile, you and Valiant scan the skies for an aerodactyl. You also gain a trainer level!
(Roll 2 d20's+wisdom, please)

Kara: Despite the blood and viscera, Alba gets a scent! You also spot Tony and a stranger near a coil of Rayquaza's, with Tony holding Flare near it.

Major
2012-01-08, 05:41 PM
Good girl! Quickly let's go! Kara said quickly moving after the Eevee. She looked back at Rayquazza, I got a scent!

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 06:47 PM
Alba has a scent, yes. However, the eevee begins wandering in circles, trying to find it.
They weren't up here!

Meanwhile, Flare gives an affirmative bark, before sniffing the air. Tony turns to Zach.
"Well, she has the scent. It'd probably be smart to grab a few others, though, right?"
He spots Kara watching her eevee, Pete scan the sky, and Doug and Truse trying to help anyone they can, really.
"Kara! Doug! Pete! Wanna help us go beat down some Rockets? Also, know anyone else that'd be useful for this?"

Major
2012-01-08, 07:02 PM
Alright, good work. Let's head down into the lower decks then. Passenger areas first unless you pick up a sent near the stairs. Kara thought moving towards the stairs to go deeper into the ship.

Kantolin
2012-01-08, 07:16 PM
...what?

But that didn't at all make sense. Three hours, and the remainder of the enormous pokemon will rampage? How will chaos result in actually finding his(?) egg?

Then came the second telepathic call to everyone - to stop wasting time. Douglas bit his lip - that would result in people panicking! People will, especially as it gets close to time, start being less and less reasonable in their attempts to not be murdered.

But it seems that the old adage is true about power. Powerful people and pokemon both pay no attention to those they decree beneath their notice.

Douglas exhaled. To be fair, though, losing one's child would be a good cause for panic and worry - he did understand the value of family.

And then more importantly, all he could do right /now/ is try to find that egg. He shook his head to clear it - he was reminded again that he wasn't very intelligent - now was not the time to stop and plan things, it was time to go look.

...which was when he noted that Truse was frozen. He smiled. "Here - let's go check the..."

He paused, noting Kara nod to her eevee. He blinked for a moment, then glanced towards Tony - who responded. Of course, the scent.

"I do have one - Gel! That's a good idea - focus on Flare there."

The ditto blinked as he was released, glancing at Douglas for a moment as he nodded. "Try to get the scent." He hurried towards Kara as she stepped towards the lower decks. "One moment - I'll help you look. We'll get more searching done with more noses on it." And, after a moment, "Make that we'll. There are a lot of rooms." He nodded to Tony.

Gel, transformed temporarily into a houndour, took a couple moments to get his bearings - he was in a completely different form, after all.

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 07:57 PM
"Excellent, Doug!"
He grabs his hand and Kara's while Gel gets set up.
"We need to be able to contact each other. Kara, either get your friend Tesla in on this or choose to go with Doug or me and we split up, with you and Zach keeping in touch with telepathy and both of you scanning thoughts as we go. Zach has a less physically stressful time of that than I do."

Prospector
2012-01-08, 08:07 PM
Tesla whispers, "Good job Melchior. Meat me outside the in a minute." He stands up, dusts off his hands, and announces to the nearest crewmen, "I'm done. Got a shaky line going, your coms officer should be able fine tune further. Now I'm off, got a lead I need to follow." He walks out of the bridge, meeting with Melchior. "Gauntlet mode, if you would."

"Yeah, yeah, you slave driver," and jumps into the Gauntlet.

"Yes, because we are not in a life or death situation. Your such a drama queen at times. Inform Caspar to inform Kara of where I'm headed. Relic keep me steady as we go." Melchior sent Caspar the message and Caspar confirmed he would deliver it. Tesla proceeded to make his way to the security disabled area.

To Kara: Caspar popped out of a seemingly random wall. The Hubris One says that he is proceeding to an area of the ship that had its security cameras disabled and received a large peice of cargo for trainer that never arrived. He proceeded to instruct her where it was.

PresentPresence
2012-01-08, 09:35 PM
Peter barely has time to congratulate his Pokemon on their good work before a powerful voice rings through his mind. The Rayquaza, it's speaking to me! I wish I could converse with it, but I'm only telepathically attuned to grounded Pokemon. If I could find that Aerodactyl, it may be able to translate for me.

Perception Checks (-3 WIS mod): [roll0]
[roll1]

In the middle of his search for the Aerodactyl, Peter meets up with Tony and the others. "Beating up rockets? What could that possibly accomplish? Oh, they're a criminal organization, hm? Do you think they're the cause of Rayquaza's distress? I've dealt with my share of the criminal element, and I'd relish the chance to fight some scum. As would Valiant, right?" The Larvitar nods in affirmation.* "I don't know of any humans that could help, unless you think we could convince some of these sailors. However, I may be able to enlist the help of some of them." He points up to the sky filled with draconic Pokemon.

[*Peter and Valiant have a history of crime fighting.]

Eshkigal
2012-01-08, 09:54 PM
Tony looks up at the flying dragons, and gets a fairly evil looking grin.
"Heh...Hehehehe! I always wanted to try being a dragon for a bit! Truse, make sure I don't fall over the edge, I'm gonna try dragonite jacking!"
[roll0]

I believe that just succeeded pretty well.

Green light suffuses his forehead again, and the head of a nearby dragonite. The dragonite blinks, before lumbering over. Meanwhile, Tony collapses to the ground, with both foreheads glowing. The charmander panics, and finds another person to cling to.
HA! It worked!
He picks up his own body.
(Current HP: 59)

Major
2012-01-08, 11:11 PM
Kara nods and smiles at Caspar then describes the location to eevee. Does the scent seem to be coming from that way? She asked mentally. We might be able to speed this up if that's the case

Then she looked back at Caspar, I'm following Alba who has a scent. However, that might narrow it done so we will be moving that way soon.

She sighed before finally speaking outloud to the humans. She didn't want to seem like she was ignoring them. Why couldn't people be as easy to talk to and communicate as with pokemon. "I don't like people in my mind and don't like going in people's mind." She mumbled in regards to the telepathy. "I think I know where they are anyways. Just follow me. Caspar here gave me a lead and if it matches Alba's lead then I know exactly where they are." The entire time she spoke she kept her eyes straight ahead following Alba and not looking back at the group. She didn't mind Tony, but all the others made her a bit uncomfortable.

"Did you have to take that Dragonite's body?" Kara asked a bit annoyed. "You are probably just going to anger Raquazza and all you are doing is enslaving the poor thing..." She mumbled. "Besides, how are you going to fit him below deck and past humans without them freaking out?"

"And don't worry about recruiting help. Right now they are angry and rightfully so. Let the dragons and Raquazza be. We have our own pokemon and allies." She added in regards to the trainer with his Larvitar commenting about recruiting.

Esprit15
2012-01-08, 11:51 PM
Zachariah turns to the girl with a strange resemblance to a Dratini, holding back a chuckle as he saw her. "Oh don't worry so much. Mystics don't hurt the Pokémon when they posess them. And I'm sure he had a reason to do it. Tony was always very rational, even if he wasn't always the brightest. Well let's get going. The more time we spend worrying about irrelivent things, the less time we have to search for the egg. Ambrule, Bullet, let's go." The boy gets a better hold on the Ralts in his arms and begins following the Eevee, Ambrule by his shoulder and Bullet going ahead, looking around areas that the Eevee stops at briefly and moving any obsticals in the way.

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 05:07 AM
Can you tell my cousin I said thank you for defending me on this one? Besides, Rockets are poachers, murderers, and gangsters. Some are competent, some aren't, but all are in it for greed and profit. Best to assume they are.
As they move on, he adds one last thing.
Besides which, this one understands revenge and I have a score to settle for Lil' Helper, and this looks like a good start.
As you go, following the eevee, ditto, and houndour, you spot the less wounded rummaging through rooms, trying to save themselves and their fellows. Apparently, they are starting from the top and working their way down, and assume he belongs to one of you as he's with you and hasn't maimed anyone. You make your way through and down, however.

(Pi, this is as good a time to join as any.)

PresentPresence
2012-01-09, 02:14 PM
"They may be angry right now, and I understand why, but Rayquaza has shown that he is willing to be reasoned with. Therefore its subordinates can probably be reasoned with as well. It never hurts to have a man on the inside." And I know I would like to see that Aerodactyl up close.

More Perception Checks: [roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 02:28 PM
You see an aerodactyl out a porthole.

Major
2012-01-09, 02:45 PM
"Then ask them to join...would you like it if I took control of YOUR body without asking?" Kara said still annoyed and still not looking at the group and focusing on her eevee.

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 02:48 PM
You...I never explained how this works to you, have I. They have to let me in. Technically, I can force my way in, but that shows fatigue on both of us and is normally counterproductive. Though that threat reminds me of the time I became a spinarak and made my body dance with webbing.

Major
2012-01-09, 03:33 PM
"They just let you in without talking to you or anything ahead of time?" Kara asked confused. She hadn't heard how his power worked or anything so this was new. "Is the dragonite still able to hear me?" She asked.

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 03:49 PM
Who needs words in a meeting of souls? And yeah, but talking can come later. Now it's time to kick some ass.

Major
2012-01-09, 03:57 PM
"We can't kick ass till we track down these thieves..." Kara mumbled.

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 06:58 PM
Tony's temporary antennae droop a bit.
Point. Oh, you should talk with Zach at some point. It'd do you good to get a repetoire going with another psychic, and my cousin's a good guy when you get to know him. More focused in the living world than I am too. Also, he can light fires with his brain, which I always thought was cool.

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 08:02 PM
Tesla, as you head down, you note people panicking and trying desperately to find the egg on the upper floors. Making your way through is somewhat slow, but after about 40 minutes, you manage to arrive at the cargo bay, before the others. Is there anything you would like to do?

Esprit15
2012-01-09, 09:30 PM
Ambrule begins making what sound like ghostly whispers to everyone else. "Ambrule, focus on searching. You'll be able to feed in a bit if things go either sort of well of very badly... No, she's a friend as far as I can tell, so no. You don't even need to feed anyways; it's a luxury." Ambrule hisses, sounding like a mix between a wetted flame and an angry cat. Bullet helps Alba over a large crate that seemed suspicious, but turned out to be false. A low rumble emits from the robotic Pokémon as it expresses its displeasure over doing such a menial task. "Don't worry Bullet, we'll do something mentally stimulating after this is over. Maybe Chess, or possibly Go. Wait, judge it, I forgot the board. Hm..." He then actually notices that there is a person next to him. "Sorry, I had completely forgotten you were here! And...somehow have changed clothes." (Assuming an hour has passed)

Major
2012-01-09, 09:39 PM
Waiting to change clothes, so haven't changed yet other than the Dratini one I originally changed into. :P

Esprit15
2012-01-09, 10:05 PM
He meant changing back into normal clothing.

Eshkigal
2012-01-09, 10:20 PM
(Talk IG or ignore each other IG, it's up to you.)
It takes time, between shoving your way through masses of trainers, navigating the halls where items have been strewn about, and occasional dead ends, but you arrive downstairs where Tesla is.

Tesla, you see Kara and a few of the others from earlier, with the one whose face seemed to be a landing beacon for charmanders unconscious in a dragonite's arms. One of the people near her is trying to engage her in conversation. The charmander, seeing a chance for relative safety, does a springing jump off of...let's say Kara's back and shoulder and does a swan dive down the stairs into your souvenir ball. There is the flash, and the beep.
Charmander has been caught! Would you like to give your charmander a nickname?

(Want me to roll it up or shall I let you?)

Okay, everyone with pokemon smelling things out give me 1d20, everyone else give me 1d20+wis for searching for signs of life down here.

Major
2012-01-09, 11:46 PM
He meant changing back into normal clothing.

I'm still in my dratini outfit...I can change hourly, but it doesn't have an expiration.

Kara doesn't speak to the person as if unaware he is talking to her. Finally she sighs, "Who are you?" She finally ask.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2012-01-10, 12:08 AM
[roll0]
Esprit glances around while he waits for Kara to respond. While looking, he finally hears her response. A small flame flicks in his eyes as he detects the bit of irritation at a simple question. He takes a deep breath before responding. He begins to mumble to himself. Control yourself, Zachariah. Don't do something stupid. Control. "I am Zachariah, and my Metang has been helping your Eevee get over obsticals and being overall quite helpful, so I see no reason for the malice that I seem to be hearing in your voice, kid." He says the last word as though it were somehow a threat, even though both are moderately powerful psychics and neither is particularly strong physically. Ambrule and Bullet are too busy looking around the room to notice the interaction.

Eshkigal
2012-01-10, 12:13 AM
He shook his borrowed head a bit. This was going to be harder than he thought...and he communicated as much to Ambrule in a series of growls.

Zach, Bullet seems to have picked up something! Signs of life, specifically. He comes back with food wrappers and a drink bottle. Someone's definitely been down here, at least.

Major
2012-01-10, 12:47 AM
Kara let out a sigh hearing the tone of his voice sounding a bit threatening and angry. This was why she didn't speak. It seemed people didn't like the way she asked simple questions. She had merely wished to know who she was, but her inability to communicate with people too well had already upset him. With pokemon however it was much easier to communicate since it was all about feelings, souls, and the heart.

"I merely asked a question no need to get angry." She stated bluntly. "There was no malice intended." She nodded towards the Eevee, "And she has a name. Her name is Alba. Do I call you human? The least you could do is ask for someone's name. Or do you call people you don't know human?"

Esprit15
2012-01-10, 01:10 AM
"Yes, actually. Did I not refer to you as kid?" Before anything could get out of hand, Bullet taps Zachariah's shoulder.
"Found something." The voice is smooth, almost like a hum, yet somehow the words make it out. In his claw, there are the remains of food.
"Either one of the crew is a messy eater, or someone has been hiding here. Kid, erm...I know it...Kara, check under, in and behind any boxes you can lift or open. Bullet, Tony, you and everyone else do the same. We need that egg."

Kantolin
2012-01-10, 02:02 AM
Truse was a bit hesitant due primarily to not completely understand, but indeed hoisted Tony's body.

It took Gel a moment, before the clearly-a-houndour-now gave a pleasant, "Ditto!" and got tracking. Douglas followed as best he could, keeping a hand on Truse for balance sake.

Rockets!

He'd heard of them, but it was a very tangental 'heard'. Still, the mild things he had heard were unpleasant at best, and the suggestions he was hearing further cemented the idea.

And it was back to reality as he heard the beginnings of an argument - now was an awful time to be fighting amongst each other. Fortunately, before he could attempt to interrupt, Zachariah gave a nice lead-in, so he jumped into the conversation there.

"That's a good idea - we have to find this egg, and culprit. Gel, keep looking around in case, alright? Truse - Truse?"

The machoke turned to look at him, making Douglas wonder what he'd been distracted by. "Mind opening some of those bigger crates?"

"Choke?" (Those?)

"I'll be fine - thanks, though."

Douglas steadied himself, then started to search as best he could as well. Truse kept near his trainer with a half-smile, but aimed for larger containers.

(The initial statement can be negated if necessary; I don't... think anyone was looking after Tony's body, so I apologize if I'm wrong, heh.)

Smelling pokemon roll: [roll0]
Requested Wisdom roll: [roll1]

Prospector
2012-01-10, 12:52 PM
Tesla, as you head down, you note people panicking and trying desperately to find the egg on the upper floors. Making your way through is somewhat slow, but after about 40 minutes, you manage to arrive at the cargo bay, before the others. Is there anything you would like to do?

Tesla observes the entrance for anything suspicious. He also requested Melchior to bring up the floor plan of the area and see if there other ways to get in.

(Talk IG or ignore each other IG, it's up to you.)
It takes time, between shoving your way through masses of trainers, navigating the halls where items have been strewn about, and occasional dead ends, but you arrive downstairs where Tesla is.

Tesla, you see Kara and a few of the others from earlier, with the one whose face seemed to be a landing beacon for charmanders unconscious in a dragonite's arms. One of the people near her is trying to engage her in conversation. The charmander, seeing a chance for relative safety, does a springing jump off of...let's say Kara's back and shoulder and does a swan dive down the stairs into your souvenir ball. There is the flash, and the beep.
Charmander has been caught! Would you like to give your charmander a nickname?

(Want me to roll it up or shall I let you?)

Okay, everyone with pokemon smelling things out give me 1d20, everyone else give me 1d20+wis for searching for signs of life down here.

Tesla almost made a noise when the Charmander suddenly caught itself with one of his Souvenir Balls. Well that is not something you see everyday. I'll deal with that later, if there is a later.

He then glared at the group for making so much noise. He held up his Gauntlet hand and made the hand gesture of be quiet without the sound of 'shush' behind it. He looks at the ones talking the most while doing the motion so they understood to be quiet or at least lower their voices.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-01-10, 04:48 PM
So far, your friends with more sensitive noses are finding traces of the scent, but it's moved around so much that they cover the entire area.
However, none of them have left the room.

Doug, you think you spot a box big enough to fit a few people in. Somewhat suspicious, considering the circumstances.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kantolin
2012-01-10, 05:28 PM
Douglas glanced up from a potential cabinet, noticing Gel's reactions. He was getting more and more frustrated - technically you couldn't see it as he presently looked like a houndoom, but Douglas knew his ditto.

"Gel - hey buddy, come here."

And the ditto/houndoom plodded over. Douglas patted his head. "Hold on for a second - there are a lot of people looking around in here. Mind waiting by me for a bit?"

The ditto relaxed a bit, and Douglas smiled - there, that solved the frustration. He then glanced up, and paused.

"Hm. Truse?"

"Choke?" (Yeah?)

"Can you... try that." He pointed to the large box. And, shrugging, Truse mosied on over and did just that, opening and peering in.

Eshkigal
2012-01-10, 06:25 PM
"-still can use this to negotiate a way-****!"
Two very startled humans in Rocket uniforms and a magmar clutching a strangely patterned egg stare up as light pierces their hiding spot.

Roll for trainer initiatives, and list your pokemon and their speeds! The surprise round is yours! (1d20)

Flare: 10
Dragonite Tony: 8

Major
2012-01-10, 07:18 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Speeds: (all my pokemon are out, but Dratini is the current 'active' one if that matters)
Dratini: 20
Staryu: 15
Pichu: 7
Togepi: 5
Eevee: 10

"You jerks! Hand over that egg!" Kara yelled extremely upset. "You shouldn't steal eggs or be mean to pokemon!" She brought up her finger and fired a blaster of energy from it.

These are bad men! Run before they hurt you! Kara willed the Slugma mentally.

You said surprise round so we can attack right?

I'm targeting the Rocket member not holding the egg.
(-7HP 110/124 HP remaining)
Charge Beam Accuracy: [roll1] <-if 11 or higher add 1d4
Damage: [roll2]
Possible Bonus damage: [roll3]

Edit: AGAIN?!?!?! SON OF A BITCH!

How many ones is that?

Eshkigal
2012-01-10, 07:27 PM
(Here's a tip. Aim. :P)
The electric beam passes directly over the box, and blasts a crate.
The Magmar thinks back to you, with a mournful tone, as it lets off a low growl.
What can I do save honor my brother in arms' last request? I despise these two, but...he told me to help them keep this egg safe before he was torn apart. Would you have me dishonor him?

Esprit15
2012-01-10, 10:32 PM
Initiative - [roll0]
Speeds
Bullet (active): 5
Ambrule (inactive): 0
Era (Ralts, inactive): 4

"Rockets! What are you doing with that-" And then Kara sent off the Charge Beam. "Or we can fight them. Bullet, slash them up!" At the second man, he fires a ball of darkness as well.

Move: Move up and Metal Claw both human Rockets if possible, avoid hitting Magmar
Attack: [roll1] AC is 3, 5 for the second Rocket, attack raises on 18-20
Damage: [roll]1d10+24

Lose 10 HP (114/124), use Shadow Ball.
Attack: [roll2] AC is 2, Lower Sp. Defense on 17-20 they're human, so yeah...
Damage: [roll3]

Major
2012-01-10, 10:40 PM
And taking a baby from its mother is honorable? Working for men who don't care about your safety or the safety of other pokemon is honorable? Your brother's last request was to keep the egg safe. These men aren't trying to keep it safe. Surely you realize that! They care not for safety of you, the egg, or any pokemon. The only place that egg will be safe is with its parent. Kara begged the Magmar. Think of the many innocent people and pokemon on this boat that will die if they keep that egg! Is leaving the egg in their hands really the best way to keep it safe like your brother requested?

Prospector
2012-01-10, 10:42 PM
[roll0]
Melchior: 6
Caspar: 11
Relic: 3
Foo: 3
Agni: 6

"Ah there are the braggarts! Have at thee!" Tesla shouted as he threw his knives, the non mechanized arm, at the one of the two rockets. He then holds up his Gauntlet and let's it take aim. "Melchior, Psybeam same target!"

Knife Throw: [roll1]
Knife Damage: [roll2]

Psybeam AC: [roll3]
Psybeam Damage: [roll4]

Eshkigal
2012-01-10, 11:17 PM
(Kara, give me a diplomacy check, +5 for having valid arguments, +3 for not being a jerk like these two. Would any of your powers give you bonuses?)
Where Kara missed, Zach and Bullet have much better luck, tearing at the trainers with claw and psychic power. Tesla, you feel your knife dig into the flesh of the one Bullet shreds, as does Melchior's beam. Between the claws of a metang to the gut, a knife in the shoulder, and a blast from Porygon cause one to faint.

Pokemon gain 300 experience before modifications.

Kantolin
2012-01-11, 12:30 AM
Douglas' eyes opened as he saw the two. Perfect! They'd even mentioned something about being able to negotiate - and now several people who aren't rockets can give back the egg unharried. Now the group could figure out why the heck they stole the egg, and why they were so unwilling to give it back in the face of an angry shout from -

- and then lazers, and steel punching, and more lazers, and knives, and even more lazers!

It... took his mind a second to parse what just happened. "Whoa - guys, Guys!"

He pushed forward as well as he could with his lousy strength and coordination. "You can't just kill them, yeesh!" His voice was definitely more one of worry than one of accusation.

He only hazily noticed the Magmar as he shoved towards the box, fumbling with his surprisingly complex medkit. Truse, who had been just as surprised as Douglas and thus just as slow to react, kept a very guarded eye on both the conscious Rockets and the not-downed Magmar - he lacked the trust Douglas was giving to the conscious rocket and was ready to give a fierce blow should he try something.

Douglas, however, was only focusing on essentially stabalizing the unconscious rocket just in case - casting an eye over him with his talents as a medic. Hopefully the other rocket would allow him to help ensure that said fallen comrade didn't die.

Now, ideally, the other rocket would take this as a chance to talk - at least to Douglas himself - but with Douglas' side having assaulted his buddy he may not be so amenable. Still, the breeder left the ball in said rocket's court on 'will the beatings continue'.

Prospector
2012-01-11, 11:28 AM
Looks to Doug, "We are not trying to kill them, just knock them out. Anyway, come on out Foo." With a flash of light an extraordinarily large Magnemite appeared. "Now Foo, watch this." Tesla whispers into the the Gauntlet saying, "Caspar Thunder Wave the other Rocket please."

Caspar drops down from the ceiling opposite side of the bandits from the rest of the group. He unleashes an electrical wave at the still standing Rocket. It hits, encircling him in a paralyzing chains of electricity.

Trainer Action: Release Foo
Caspar's Action: Thunder Wave (Cannot miss, target is Paralyzed)

Major
2012-01-11, 01:13 PM
Diplocamy: [roll0] Only other bonus would be the fact that I'm an empath and talk with souls and am open and honest letting the magma sense me.

"Speak for yourselves..." Kara mumbled about not killing the Rockets while she waited for the Magmar's reply.

Eshkigal
2012-01-11, 01:42 PM
The magmar pauses for a second. It is weighing the chances of its fellows should it turn over the egg.
Then one goes down and the other gets blasted with a shadow ball.
...Take Rayquaza's next incarnation. Turn these two in at port if you can, or at least wait until I am out of sight. I am tired of seeing people I know torn apart.
With that, it turns the egg over to the Dragonite, before wearily climbing out of the box.
"Hey! Where are you going! Save us!"
The magmar doesn't look back. Meanwhile, the dragonite flies out of the room, as Tony gets back up.
"And you said borrowing a dragonite was a bad idea, Kara. Nice work, by the way."
[roll0]
Meanwhile, Flare spits fire on the conscious one.
[roll1]
[roll2]
The Rocket looks heavily wounded and slightly burnt, but is still conscious. Peter, your turn.

Major
2012-01-11, 01:50 PM
"Not looking so tough now are you?" Kara smirked, looking at the Rockets. She cracked her knuckles. "You know...I REALLY don't like people that are mean to pokemon." She said her eyes starting to glow with psychic powers.

Might I recommend someone send her to talk to Rayquazza so she doesn't kill these guys :P

Esprit15
2012-01-11, 02:54 PM
"Kara, settle down. The egg has been retrieved. They're incapacitated, and we can turn them over to the police when we dock. The Magmar looked like it didn't want them harmed, anyways. Go give the egg to Rayquaza. Hm...I'm going to go talk to that Magmar I think. Tony, you and the others seem able to deal with these men." Zachariah gives her a light psychic push towards the door, and goes looking for the Magmar after she leaves, however long that may be. Ambrule follows, while Bullet stays and watches what the rest of the group does to the men.

Eshkigal
2012-01-11, 03:14 PM
"Go ahead you two, we have things in hand."
In between his hands, a small twister forms, ready to use. The egg went with the dragonite, you better hurry to keep up if you decide to return it with said dragonite.
"So...lie and say we killed them and give them a fighting chance in a port city prison, or toss'em to rayquaza?"
"I ain't goin' down like Nick!"
Looks like he's going for a pokeball on his belt.

One person gets to try and sell them a pitch to give up. Otherwise, you have to beat on the remaining conscious one until that gets fixed. If Kantolin wants Truse to react to him going for a pokeball before he can actually do something, this is the time.

Major
2012-01-11, 03:31 PM
"The police are stupid..." Kara mumbled, "These idiots will just get free. Can we at least hand them over to Rayquazza?" She asked.

Then she saw the Dragonite starting to leave. Wait! Can I come with you? She asked rushing after it.

Eshkigal
2012-01-11, 03:38 PM
The dragonite pauses before kneeling down.
Get on. I'm in a bit of a rush, and I don't want to wait up.