PDA

View Full Version : [4e] A few Human feats. PEACH

Reluctance
2011-11-26, 05:45 AM
Action Advantage
Prerequisite: Human, Level 21
Benefit: You start each day with one additional action point.

Unstoppable Action
Prerequisite: Human
Benefit: At the start of your turn, you may spend an action point to remove any one effect on you that a save may end. You may do this even if you are normally prevented from acting. At 11th level you may remove two effects, and at 21st level you may remove three.
Special: This counts as using an action point for all purposes, including paragon path special features and the normal limit of spending one action point per encounter.

Human Feat Expertise
Prerequisite: Human, Human Bonus Feat racial trait
Benefit: All your ability scores are considered two higher for the purpose of meeting prerequisites.

(The last is meant as something of an alternative racial feature for humans, as their bonus feat feature goes from doubling their number of feats to adding 1/18 as many. The other two are just because I like humans and think they could use more cool racial feats.)

Dust
2011-11-26, 05:53 PM
Action Advantage is freakishly good, to the point that you'd be silly to not pick human at that point.
Human Feat Expertise is also really neat, but I suspect most people would use it for armor pre-req feats.

Unstoppable Action requires more elaboration as to what counts as a condition. Ongoing damage, certainly, but how about the effect of an aura the player is currently standing in? Prone?

Dimers
2011-11-27, 05:46 AM
Unstoppable Action requires more elaboration as to what counts as a condition. Ongoing damage, certainly, but how about the effect of an aura the player is currently standing in? Prone?

Yeah, that gets rather "3.5 Iron Heart Surge", doesn't it? Well, you can't use it to turn off the sun, but you could make yourself no longer affected by sunshine.

@OP: I think Unstoppable Action is overpowered and would suggest limiting it to one condition. Alternatively, make it available earlier and usable against one condition per tier (two in paragon, three in epic) or simply against two conditions when you hit epic. You need to indicate "no action" somehow. Additionally, I think it'd be good to specify that it can work against the effects of auras (without turning the aura off for everybody else) while the character remains in the aura, and I'd suggest against allowing the expenditure while unconscious.

I really like Human Feat Expertise. It's a good idea.

Reluctance
2011-11-27, 07:58 AM
Unstoppable action was inspired in part by IHS, and is meant to cover everything on P. 277 of the PHB1 as well as ongoing damage. The intent is twofold; on the fluff side, humans are portrayed as the action hero race, and shrugging off debilitating conditions when the chips are down is what epic level action heroes do. On the crunch side, it's a way of using an action point to counteract action denial effects instead of using it for a proactive extra action. Still, if the consensus is that it's overpowered, I can clarify it and tweak it down a bit at the same time by having it only affect Save Ends effects.

Edit: Took one of Dimers' ideas and weakened it a touch more to take it out of epic territory.

Yakk
2011-11-27, 11:07 AM
Action Advantage
Prerequisite: Human, Level 21
Benefit: You start each day with one additional action point.
Extremely strong.

Unstoppable Action
Prerequisite: Human
Benefit: At the start of your turn, you may spend an action point to remove any one effect on you that a save may end. You may do this even if you are normally prevented from acting. At 11th level you may remove two effects, and at 21st level you may remove three.
Special: This counts as using an action point for all purposes, including paragon path special features and the normal limit of spending one action point per encounter.
Nix the entire Special section. It mixes between overly confusing, redundant and a bad idea, mechanically. When you spend an action point on something other than getting an extra action, you don't get the extra action riders. That is pretty clear.

Have it grant a power that is "no action", trigger "you start your turn". There is little need for it to strip multiple effects. (While feats that grant powers end up crossing two subsystems, the power subsystem is much better for this kind of thing.)

An alternative way to approach this would be to make it a human utility power. Encounter, No action, Trigger: you start your turn with an effect that as save can end and an action point, Effect: You lose your action point and the effect that a save can end ends.

This could also apply to the previous feat -- a human level 26 racial utility power that is a daily that gives you an extra action point.

Human Feat Expertise
Prerequisite: Human, Human Bonus Feat racial trait
Benefit: All your ability scores are considered two higher for the purpose of meeting prerequisites.
Errata: Meeting feat prerequisites