PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Daring Outlaw with some ToB

Laplace's Demon
2011-11-26, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting, so if I don't post something clearly, feel free to criticize. Anyway, here's the situation:

The other night, a game I was helping run got cut short because the DM and I made the encounter way too hard and ended it in a TPK. One of our members decided to go ahead and start a new campaign that he had been preparing that night, and told us all to make characters. Being without a plan and due to the coercion of one of our players, I started off as a grey elf rogue. We leveled up once during the session, and currently I have two more levels to distribute (so we are starting next session at level 4). I'll go ahead and tell you what I have, what I'm considering, and the restrictions my DM has provided, and I would greatly appreciate some suggestions.

The two levels I've locked in are as follows:

1: Rogue taking Improved Initiative
2: Swashbuckler

My stats look like a 20 in both Int and Dex and a 10 in everything else (I really didn't plan this character much).

Outside of the normal rules, my DM has states that there are no multiclassing penalties, but we are only allowed to have 3 base classes and 3 prestige classes (really, such an awful restriction).

No matter what, I'll probably take two more levels of Swashbuckler so I can get Insightful Strike. My idea to build the rest of the character is to either take another level of Rogue, a level of Nightsong Enforcer, and Warblade for all of the other levels or to take 3 more levels of Rogue, a level of Nightsong Enforcer, and Swordsage for the rest of the build. My biggest issue with taking Warblade is that I don't get shadow hand without taking feats, and thus getting Shadow Blade is really hard (and I become less versatile with my attack styles if I do dump three feats into getting Shadow Blade). My biggest issues with Swordsage are that I don't get swift action maneuver recovery, and that I have no wisdom score. My DM told me I could take Carmendine Monk and make it so the sword sage AC bonus would switch to int, but nothing else would switch.

Here are the build orders I've been thinking about

Level Build 1 Build 2
1 Rogue Rogue
2 SwashBuckler Swashbuckler
3 Swashbuckler Warblade
4 SwashBuckler Swashbuckler
5 Rogue Swashbuckler
6 Rogue Warblade
7 Rogue Rogue
8 N. Enforcer N. Enforcer
9 Swordsage Warblade
10 Swordsage Warblade
11 Swordsage Warblade
12 Swordsage Warblade
13 Swordsage Warblade
14 Swordsage Warblade
15 Swordsage Warblade
16 Swordsage Warblade
17 Swordsage Warblade
18 Swordsage Warblade
19 Swordsage Warblade
20 Swordsage Warblade

Some other notes: I'll probably take EWP(Spiked Chain) regardless of path, but I will almost definitely take it if I go Swordsage. If I don't go for Shadow Blade as a Warblade, it might not be as worth it to use a Spiked Chain (of course, I would always change it to whichever exotic weapon I can get my hands on if I'm playing a Warblade).

I might even be willing to just dip Warblade for Sapphire Nightmare Blade and finish out with Nightsong Enforcer or another sneak attack PrC or more Swash levels.

If I was too long-winded, please let me know. I'll try to cut down on post sizes in the future.