PDA

View Full Version : Attune Gem and a few questions

Dazed&Confused
2011-11-26, 09:43 PM
I'm getting some levels in Mystic Wanderer and the next one will give me Attune Gem. At first I wasn't so interested in it, getting the class mostly for reflexes and familiar, but now I've thought of some possibilities and I wanted to know what you think of it, and also some shenanigans from your own devious minds.

First, it says The character attuning the gem can set the caster level anywhere between the minimum necessary to cast the spell and his own level.

That said, how would you rule using Divine Spell Power while attuning? Would you make the char use the whole levels, or would you still allow him to use anywhere between the minimum and the maximum?

Another thing. I'm interested in using them in some specific situations for the amazing lvl 1 cleric buffs, like Divine Favor. I don't go melee though, since we have 3 meatshields in the group, so I would give it to one of them or all three at once. It can be triggered by touch or the proximity of a creature; how would you rule it by touch, if he put it in his pocket to touch when entering combat, and what kind of action would it be? I can't figure it out because a touch is a touch, doesn't matter if you're wearing gloves, so maybe it could be activated by him involuntarily if he just put it in his pocket?

Anyone has had experience with it? Does seem to be a bit unusual to me, never seen anyone mentioning it anywhere. Is it really horrible, sleeper op, or what? Anyone knows good ways of using it?