PDA

View Full Version : Fragarach

Teal Arch
2011-11-26, 11:08 PM
I am in need of source materials for a story based off Genius the Transgression and my own personal stories. You see I want to write about an Inspired who Catalyzed after becoming a Christian. You see if you become Inspired after receiving the Holy Spirit, you retain your Morality and it is not replaced by Obligation, so you gain the power of Inspiration without sacrificing your humanity. Since mankind is made in the image of God, I figured that having the Spirit of God taking up residence in you would reinforce that image or your humanity. You are truly "saved" in more ways than just forgiveness of the Wrath to come. LOL. Anyways, I wanted to write about the Catalyst of Enthusiasm, Begeisterung. (German for Enthusiasm.) Any ideas?

llamamushroom
2011-11-27, 10:44 AM
Sorry, man, but due to the overtly real-world-religious aspects of your idea, this might not be the best forum to discuss such things. There's also an Arts and Crafts section which has more stuff about writing, and that would be a better place to put it (though it still might be in breach of forum rules).

Finally, you use a lot of vocab that makes me think that Genius the Transgression is a game of some description. Who's the publisher? Could you lay out the details a little more clearly? It'd be a help for those of us who aren't familiar with many systems.

GolemsVoice
2011-11-27, 05:57 PM
I think it's one of the X: the Y line of roleplaying games from White Wolf, but other than that, I can't really say much more. By the way, the German word for enthusiasm is... Enthusiasmus :smallsmile:

Eldan
2011-11-27, 06:12 PM
Yeah. Begeisterung is really closer to, hmm. Elation? Excitement?

Mono Vertigo
2011-11-27, 06:16 PM
Actually, it's a fan-made game set in White Wolf's New World of Darkness system. Basically, it deals with, well, Geniuses, people who become obsessed with/able to perform what qualifies as mad science, ranging from freeze rays, to time machines, including sandwiches of doom. The objects and phenomenon they cause, sadly, don't follow the rules of science as we know them, and can never be repeated in future experiments again. Plus, the weird inventions are negatively affected every time someone normal tries looking at them sanely and scientifically.
And that is still the bare skeleton of the roleplay.

Zeb The Troll
2011-11-30, 02:46 AM
Troll Patrol: Due to the aforementioned prohibition on the discussion of real world religion, even when it intersects with gaming, this isn't a conversation we can have here.