PDA

View Full Version : Adding A Lot of Uses on a 1/day SLA

Tokuhara
2011-11-27, 11:57 AM
Specifically for something like Dromite or Uldra. How can I make their SLAs into "At Will?"

Fax Celestis
2011-11-27, 12:07 PM
CPsi has the Dromite Ray feat, which gives you +2 uses per time you take it. As a [Psionic] feat, it qualifies for psywar's bonus feats.

Big Fau
2011-11-27, 12:10 PM
Specifically for something like Dromite or Uldra. How can I make their SLAs into "At Will?"

Generally, it isn't worth it. The SLAs you are referring to are weak DD effects, and you'd be better off with levels in Warlock than trying to improve those SLAs.

deuxhero
2011-11-27, 12:29 PM
While you don't qualify, there is a FR 1st level feat for Planetouched, Gnomes and some other stuff that triples uses of racial SLAs (which includes templates, giving it its most famous use with Phrenic or half-fey)

Talk with the DM about a variant.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-27, 01:12 PM
While you don't qualify, there is a FR 1st level feat for Planetouched, Gnomes and some other stuff that triples uses of racial SLAs (which includes templates, giving it its most famous use with Phrenic or half-fey)

Talk with the DM about a variant.

The Otherworldly feat from PGtF makes you a native outsider, which should qualify you for that. There's racial prereqs, or you can bypass those with the appropriate 2 skill points in Knowledge (Local) for that region.

Flickerdart
2011-11-27, 01:14 PM
It doesn't triple, it just gives you 3 uses for every ability that used to have one.

gorfnab
2011-11-27, 01:21 PM
Magic in the Blood (PGtF)

Big Fau
2011-11-27, 01:37 PM
It doesn't triple, it just gives you 3 uses for every ability that used to have one.

Isn't that what tripling means? Doesn't 3*1=3, or did math do that weird thing where numbers mean nothing again?

Flickerdart
2011-11-27, 01:38 PM
Isn't that what tripling means? Doesn't 3*1=3, or did math do that weird thing where numbers mean nothing again?
If you had two uses, it would not give you six. Hence it is not tripling.

Big Fau
2011-11-27, 02:38 PM
If you had two uses, it would not give you six. Hence it is not tripling.

Yeah, but the feat says it only affects the 1/day ones anyway.

Tokuhara
2011-11-27, 04:11 PM
This is for a player who is playing an Uldra Dragonrider.

I'm playing a Fireblood Dwarf Armored Hulk (with an ACF from Dragon Magic)

nedz
2011-11-27, 05:09 PM
There seems to be a lack of options, probably since these are fairly obscure races without much splat book support.
Can you tell us what classes you have in mind because we might be able to simulate this ?
I'm thinking Reserve Feats, but whilst we can do small ray effects for Acid or force there is no cold version. Winter's Blast does seem theamatic though - 15' cone.
A second level DFA can do frost breath at will, the default is fire however.
Both of these options could be re-spec'ed as frost - with DM approval. There is no power bump here.

Tokuhara
2011-11-27, 05:46 PM
There seems to be a lack of options, probably since these are fairly obscure races without much splat book support.
Can you tell us what classes you have in mind because we might be able to simulate this ?
I'm thinking Reserve Feats, but whilst we can do small ray effects for Acid or force there is no cold version. Winter's Blast does seem theamatic though - 15' cone.
A second level DFA can do frost breath at will, the default is fire however.
Both of these options could be re-spec'ed as frost - with DM approval. There is no power bump here.

He is an Uldra Dragonrider (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/s/dragonrider) who will be multiclassing into the Dragon Rider PrC from Draconomicon(Houserule: They stack for his Dragonic Mount). I am not playing this. My fellow Player wants to play Uldra (since the DM ruled they count as a PF-Worthy class) Dragonrider riding an Amethyst Dragon