PDA

View Full Version : Unique & Limited Use but Necessary Concepts

Xalops
2011-11-27, 12:26 PM
Hello All!

I am new here and this is my first post. I have read through the rules to the best of my ability and I think I can post here without worry. I am writing a Windows Base Program to be a D&D Character Database of sorts. I've gotten most of it done, but I still need to add support for unique abilities that would be mandatory for the program to be able to try to encompass as many character concepts and abilities, from both official sources and homebrew.

An example of whats left would be a character that found a way to alter the HP amounts in which he became staggered, unconscious, or dead. Another example would be if a DM allowed a character to use Intelligence for Use Magic Device Checks, Wisdom for Concentration Checks, or Charisma for Initiative. Things like this are what I'm looking for.

I've already included a way to change the Governing Stat for almost everything you would use. I've also included the ability to have bags that always maintain a specified weight, no matter the contents. Also, I've included all the possible effects (stunned, dazed, etc) that could happen to a character that I could find.

The concept of the program is to offer a space for the data in an easily loaded, viewed, and manageable format, as well as to automatically compute calculations when certain situations arise (like a Stat mod changing, so all skills with it as a governing stat will change).

Any feedback you can provide would be greatly helpful. If you could also reference the source of the ability, concept, etc that would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Xalops

PS: If I've put this in the wrong section, directing me to the appropriate section would be awesome. I figured since its based on 3.5 this section makes the most sense.

Varil
2011-11-27, 04:16 PM
Oh, neat. I approve.