PDA

View Full Version : Bearbarians and control shape?

Rossebay
2011-11-27, 01:50 PM
So, if I'm an afflicted werebear barbarian, and I'm raging, and I take that 25% of my health in damage, I'm supposed to make that control shape check of DC 25.

But, raging barbarians can't make skill checks based on Wisdom, right?
So, upon taking 25% of my health in damage, I automatically turn into a bear, no?

Fax Celestis
2011-11-27, 01:53 PM
Amusingly, yes.

Rossebay
2011-11-27, 01:54 PM
Amusingly, yes.

I love you, 3.5. Hahaha.
This is awesome, actually. Today's going to be a fun day.

limejuicepowder
2011-11-27, 02:18 PM
I think that makes sense, actually. Raging is already about getting more in touch with the primal side; it follows that afflicted Weres would change form more easily. Personally, I might even houserule that the character make a Will save when they begin their rage to not shift immediately.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-27, 02:20 PM
Also, you should go into Bear Warrior.

Then you can be a bear warrior bearbearian werebear.

Kaeso
2011-11-27, 02:34 PM
But a werebear raging so hard he becomes a bear..... does that make him a double bear? With eight paws and two heads? Does that mean he gets eight natural attacks per turn, in addition to his unarmed strikes?

The Underlord
2011-11-27, 02:38 PM
For maximum bear, totem AND bear spirit totem allows you to be a bearbeararian. Bear warrior and lycanthropy for a bear warrior bearbearbariab were bere. Hilarity ensues when you multiclass into druid and start riding/summoning bears.

tl;dr BEARS!

Flickerdart
2011-11-27, 02:40 PM
So, upon taking 25% of my health in damage, I automatically turn into a bear, no?
No. What does happen is that you are forced, on your next turn, to spend a standard action to turn into a bear. And not a hybrid form, the full bear form, meaning your cool weapons just went poof.

Diefje
2011-11-27, 03:02 PM
While raging, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except ...
Or it would be "GRAAAARGH I'm so pissed I cannot see or hear". You will fail it because you cannot use anything that requires your concentration (like controlling your shape).

And keep in mind that you might get stuck in animal form for the rest of the day.

Rubik
2011-11-27, 03:36 PM
How about a barbarian bear warrior were-wolverine? Do you double-rage as a wolverine bear?