PDA

View Full Version : Glass Canon and Tank pair [3.5]

kulosle
2011-11-27, 06:33 PM
So in an up coming campaign I am trying to make some insanely challenging fights for my party. One idea I have, that fits great into the story, is making a glass cannon and tank team. The basic idea is that the Tank will do nothing but protect the glass canon and who will be doing all the damage. For the glass cannon I was thinking a Spell warped Sniper. What I am stumped on is the tank. There is a fighter ACF that gives his dodge and shield bonus to an adjacent ally which sounds very easy to optimize and there is the devoted defender from defenders of faith that also sound very useful. I'm strictly a wizard man myself so and I don't delve to much into fighters. I was thinking just make another wizard that specializes in abjuration and defensive spells but that just isn't the feel i'm going for.

So if you have any ideas for a Class Canon or a Tank, I could really use the help. Thanks playground.

Rhaegar14
2011-11-27, 06:39 PM
Crusader makes for a great tank.

Tvtyrant
2011-11-27, 06:44 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#friendShield

Have that equipped between them, and have the Tank be either a Crusader or a con devoted Barbarian. You basic goal as the Tank is to have as much HP as possible, and also to draw attacks from your partner. Crusader gets a lot of health, both temporary or normal, and it can draw attacks. Have it be Con devoted (at least a 22) for extra HP, and then draw attacks to itself while the glass cannon shoots people.

kulosle
2011-11-29, 01:48 AM
I've also hear good things about a wendigo half golem? Sounds like it would be great for absorbing damage. Could the tank really be just crusader 20 or should I take some prestige classes. Also would a one level dip into the bodyguard variant fighter be a good idea so that he can give the wizard his dodge and shield bonus?

Is it a bad idea to turn the Spell Warped Sniper into a 10 level prestige class so that he can warp all of his spells? I don't feel like that is unreasonable. Also what should his other levels be? No other class really seems to fit.