PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Slav OOC

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jzadek
2011-12-07, 11:11 AM
By the way, how are we tracking experience/leveling up?

I'm rather looking forward to being able to cast explosive runes, but I have to wait for level 5.

Swordgeo
2011-12-07, 01:25 PM
Sorry Big Orc, and anyone else who's reading my spoilers. I accidently added something to my previous post...man that is just wrong.:smallbiggrin:

And no, Terrial's not a pervert...at least not when humans are concerned.:smallamused:

The Big Orc
2011-12-07, 01:41 PM
he he, I loved playing off of that :P I assumed it was a typo, but so much funnier to play as a slip of the tongue

Swordgeo
2011-12-07, 02:45 PM
Oh...in that case, a slip of the tongue it can be. Let me edit.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-07, 02:47 PM
he he, I loved playing off of that :P I assumed it was a typo, but so much funnier to play as a slip of the tongue

You wouldn't be a halfling in my RL group if you didn't catch on to ever innuendo and double entendre.

GRR, why does the IC thread say the Big Orc has posted when I can't see it?

thedarkstone
2011-12-07, 03:21 PM
Experience, you ask? Well, I'll be giving you experience as you learn and grow; essentially, I'll give you experience from story-based things, combat, and solving puzzles. You'll probably get the most from combat, but you'll have more story-based awards.

Also, I have drum set lessons in a half hour, so I probably won't post until around 5.

Swordgeo
2011-12-07, 04:24 PM
GRR, why does the IC thread say the Big Orc has posted when I can't see it?

Yeah, it's happening to me too, so it might be affecting all of us.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-07, 07:13 PM
Apparently it's called a "bottom of page error," but that's all I know. Now it's viewable, so that's the important thing. Big Orc, I quite like the fragmented wording of Milo's flashback; in fact, I tried to make my first one quite like that. I find that often memories contain jumps and gaps, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be a perfectly flowing narrative. Other memories, however, are etched so deep into our minds that--whether we're remembering every detail or creating them to fill in the gaps--it flows like prose. At least, that's what I did with Luci's more recent flashback (and her first experience with failure at her art).

hpboy111
2011-12-07, 07:35 PM
Hmm, Ishmael is really starting to intrigue me. At first I suspected he was Nuetral Evil, Affabley Evil character. Now I'm wondering if he is evil at all. :smallconfused: I'm eager to see how this a unfolds.

Jzadek
2011-12-07, 07:41 PM
I think he's probably still evil -afterall, he takes a pretty laid-back attitude to the idea of killing us. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have emotions, I guess.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-07, 11:02 PM
I think I'll end up trying to draw you guys again tomorrow: I took a shot at Luci and failed completely, not only because my art is fifty fifty but because it's very difficult to capture a character that deep and intimate with a single frame. Then I tried Arvan, and just ended up with a somewhat human troll in armor. Only thing that came out halfway decent was Terrial, and I cant upload that since I butchered Milo, who he was talking to. Also: Why does Milo have a cast-iron pot on his person at all times? I understand Chaotic Neutrality can be, at times, chaotic, but you're a halfling and didn't reduce the weight figures; that thing must be the same size as him >.< Also: In a very similar fashion to how I realized there was no cleric in the group and needed to up the diversity and fill a role, whilst describing each and every one of your delightfully intense characters to a mutual friend of myself and hpboy's, also a member of our little adventuring party, he announced that he always wanted to play a bard. This being said, I told him I would consult with you all (according to thedarkstone; "the more the merrier', atleast), and that's what I'm doing. Just in case of a yes, I told him to think about and roll it; and what he's come up with is a Human Bard. Since I haven't technically joined yet and was raised by my human parent ( and foster-father) we thought it would be interesting to have Brazious have a half-brother. A bard traveling with an Olidammaran cleric doesn't feel unusual, but there is always the toe stepping issue and I want to hear from you all.
Additionally: Ishmael is tied with Miko for my favorite character ever. And you all are indescribably fantastic. Thank you.

Halae
2011-12-07, 11:34 PM
As far as Arvan goes, he looks like a normal human in armor,but with green hair is all. If you'd like to take another crack at it, that's the sort of thing I always have in mind with him.

The Big Orc
2011-12-08, 12:31 AM
My character does not always have a iron pot on him, at the moment, he has only his daggers, thieves tools and money on him, the rest is sitting in his wagon probably parked at the front of where we are. And I bought the pot because in his past, Milo worked in a kitchen to avoid the suspicions of law enforcement

Edit: and I want to see the butchered version of Milo :P

Halae
2011-12-08, 12:46 AM
aaaaaand there we go. Arvan's first Flashback

EDIT: also, that gather info roll should net me some fairly specific info.

thedarkstone
2011-12-08, 07:20 AM
What does everyone else think (on the Bard)? I can run as many people as you're willing to run with.

EDIT: For those of you who wondered when you would be getting experience:
Everyone present at the meeting with Lord Millen (+75 XP)
Everyone present at the Lich encounter (+100 XP {I was impressed})
+50 XP to Tarn and Luci for meeting with Lord Millen a second time and doing an excellent job of it
+50 to Arvan for not saying, "Evil, kill it!" when meeting a lich

STYLE XP
+25 XP to Luci and Oskar for playing your race well
+25 XP to Luci for pulling the group together (for the most part)
+25 XP to Tarn for actually trying to find something useful in the study
+25 XP to Milo for acting within his class and alignment
+25 XP to Samuel, Luci, Oskar, and Tarn for having a history I could immediately use to my advantage
+25 XP to everyone who has had a flashback (because I approve)

OMG PONIES
2011-12-08, 08:36 AM
My gut is to vote "no" on another player, at least for now. He'd have even more catching up to do than Toska, and we'd be up to 10 including our DMPC. Maybe he could be an alternate in case someone drops?

I could be saying this for selfish reasons, though. While a roguelock and a bard have different roles in combat, out of combat they're both vying for the social spotlight. Just my 2cp, as always.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 10:33 AM
Ha, 2cp, that's great. Yeah, He has a lot of catching up to do, but since I showed him how to work this site yesterday he's read through about half of it. It'd be easy to add him in with my cleric (they could be related, for all I care). He's exactly as experienced as I am, and has always wanted an excuse to try a bard. Idunho: just one more class we don't 'technically' have yet. As far as how the role is concerned, a bard could fit wherever you tell it to. I don't even feel like pushing the point too much, I definitely don't want a verbal-bashing from word artists such as yourselves (that could probably kill a man), but I think it could work. As I said, up to you. ( and rogue-lock or otherwise; nobody could fill your shoes, Ponies.)

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 10:40 AM
Edit: and I want to see the butchered version of Milo :P

You're not going to see that; I will post no art that I am not one thousand percent happy with.

Jzadek
2011-12-08, 10:54 AM
My gut is to vote "no" on another player, at least for now. He'd have even more catching up to do than Toska, and we'd be up to 10 including our DMPC. Maybe he could be an alternate in case someone drops?

I could be saying this for selfish reasons, though. While a roguelock and a bard have different roles in combat, out of combat they're both vying for the social spotlight. Just my 2cp, as always.

I'm going to have to agree on this one. We're crowded as it is, and again, I don't want anyone to compete with Luci for her social role.

Halae
2011-12-08, 12:41 PM
mhm. Often games that take on more than 6 characters at a time are overcrowded. Up to nine, and people would stop feeling like they're having as much of a say in things as they should, and eventually, it e would have people dropping until it was a reasonable level. Just the way it works, from what I've seen in the past. My vote is to avoid another player for now.

So, any thoughts on the flashback with arvan?

hpboy111
2011-12-08, 02:28 PM
I quite liked it, it was well written. I also like that Warforged are now an official part of this world, I've always loved them. A half silver dragon for a master, interesting.

@thedarkstone: Would Liam have left with Arvan when he decided to leave the Lich? Only wondering because I'm waiting for all of them to go.

Swordgeo
2011-12-08, 04:32 PM
I also disagree with another player. I think putting me in at the seventh was too many. I'd say at one more person we might as well split the group into two seperate campaigns going in the same storyline, except it's a bit too late for that(and we might need a second DM anyway).

Just my opinion, but I say no more. Heck, if you guys want me too, Terrial could leave if y'all decided there's too many now. I love you guys, and I'd hate to go, but...I'll just leave it at that.

On a side note, I demand to see the drawing of Terrial and Milo!
DEMAND! Present it, slave!

thedarkstone
2011-12-08, 04:37 PM
I quite liked it, it was well written. I also like that Warforged are now an official part of this world, I've always loved them. A half silver dragon for a master, interesting.

@thedarkstone: Would Liam have left with Arvan when he decided to leave the Lich? Only wondering because I'm waiting for all of them to go.
We'll assume yes.

Also, I finished editing in the experience for everyone. If you didn't get flavor experience, or didn't get much, you should see why others did, and do more flavorful things. :smallbiggrin:

Since players are against it, like with gestalt, the decision has been made. The party is set as it is, so no new players will be accepted. If someone drops, then it is up to a vote to decide if we'll accept new players.

As for any players leaving...I'd prefer not, but if necessary, then so. I'd like all to stay if we can.

hpboy111
2011-12-08, 05:36 PM
I also disagree with another player. I think putting me in at the seventh was too many. I'd say at one more person we might as well split the group into two seperate campaigns going in the same storyline, except it's a bit too late for that(and we might need a second DM anyway).

Just my opinion, but I say no more. Heck, if you guys want me too, Terrial could leave if y'all decided there's too many now. I love you guys, and I'd hate to go, but...I'll just leave it at that.

On a side note, I demand to see the drawing of Terrial and Milo!
DEMAND! Present it, slave!

Don't worry, he has a much better one incoming later tonight, one of the entire party minus himself since he hasn't joined us yet.

Jzadek
2011-12-08, 05:43 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing that one, then!

OMG PONIES
2011-12-08, 05:44 PM
Don't worry, he has a much better one incoming later tonight, one of the entire party minus himself since he hasn't joined us yet.

I tremble with anticipation.

Halae
2011-12-08, 05:47 PM

Can't wait to see the team. I think I'll do my own sketches after this as well.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-08, 06:14 PM
Arvan's flashback was great! I loved the mentor's little speech about honor. Tarn, sorry if I'm being too blunt; I figured we were in an empty hallway. If others are around, I'll simply "servant it up" with you until we're alone, but we're not going back into Verona's room.

Swordgeo
2011-12-08, 07:22 PM
Ponies, ask our DM, do NOT use a Russian accent with me. I'll go right into it. In fact, a week agao I was trying to convince him to take us to my own constructed D&D communist nation. I think he agreed, as a far future thing.

Bonus points to anyone who can guess what primary race this communist nation is comprised of?

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 08:29 PM
Communists? Hrm, I cannot possibly guess the race; a certain hat and thick accent could turn anything into a Commie. The picture of Milo and Terrial was destroyed when completed; It was awful and all I was doing was saving your collective sanity. I MAY have taken some, erp, liberties with various traits and whatnot, since as I was in class I couldn't exactly look up the character sheets, but I had done research before and think I can safely call this my 'crown jewel': http://tinypic.com/r/m9reb5/5
Not to mention I am becoming quite anxious about actually joining in on the posting; I may be unable to wait till you all hit the road. In other news; the would-have-been-bard is a little disappointed, but I told him not to expect anything, so he'll be fine. Although he still insists on following the thread. No pressure intended, but now we have an audience.

EDIT: I'm also sorry if it looks cartoon-y, I could sharpen and polish it up a tad, but my scanner seems to hate anything not black or white, and turns most grey white. Most of you will 'HOPEFULLY' end up with solo shots as well, so I can be more detailed and believable.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 08:35 PM
And HP: Nothing but CRAP rolls recently, huh? He could tell you he was crying about the color green right now and for all you know he's not going to lie! >.<

Jzadek
2011-12-08, 08:40 PM
I love it. I absolutely love it. It's really well composed, and has captured how I see pretty much every character.

One minor gripe, though, and one that can be fixed with a little shading - Tarn's skin should be darker, he comes from a nation comparable with Africa.

Halae
2011-12-08, 08:40 PM
That's fine; it looks quite good as is.

I'm actually intending to start up on drawing the different characters myself, and maybe learning how to use Gimp for coloring

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 08:42 PM
I love it. I absolutely love it. It's really well composed, and has captured how I see pretty much every character.

One minor gripe, though, and one that can be fixed with a little shading - Tarn's skin should be darker, he comes from a nation comparable with Africa.

Ahhh, Gotcha. That would make the beard and hair contrast a lot better as well... I'll get on that. I did get the signet ring though! Points for that, at least?

And Harnel: Gah, A computer program! I am defeated! *falls over dead*

Halae
2011-12-08, 08:44 PM
Don't worry, a computer program I have no experience with :smalltongue:

That said, if everybody might be able to send me some particulars that aren't mentioned on their sheets? I'd appreciate it when I get around to drawing.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 08:46 PM
Don't worry, a computer program I have no experience with :smalltongue:

That said, if everybody might be able to send me some particulars that aren't mentioned on their sheets? I'd appreciate it when I get around to drawing.

Oooh! Me too! Send me the pur-tick-yew-lers too! Or just post said particulars? I did a LOT of guesswork with this and would be risking my honor and whatnot if I cannot do these intricate and awesome characters proper justice.

EDIT: http://tinypic.com/r/250s0gn/5 Tarn got a Tan. Tan Tarn. Tarn Tan. Luke can survive in him now. :smallbiggrin:

hpboy111
2011-12-08, 08:54 PM
Toska, what do you mean by nothing but bad rolls?

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-08, 09:00 PM
Toska, what do you mean by nothing but bad rolls?

This is your second Nat One. In a row, I believe.

Jzadek
2011-12-08, 09:04 PM
Perfect!

Now, I'm thinking of jumping on the drawing bandwagon. Harnel, if you have any questions regarding GIMP, don't hesitate to ask - I'm not exactly an expert, but have used it to color drawings before, and for fiddling around in, and once made a campaign map with it. I can give you an idea of anything you need help with, at least.

Now, both of you, a full description of Tarn.

Well, racially he's most comparable to an east african, but with a gnomish twist. He's quite skinny, but in average shape for a middle aged man, good for his age. His eyes are bright green, contrasting with his darker features, and he tends to have a wry smile, as well as a cropped beard - more than stubble, but closer to that than Gandalf. His hair is slightly longer, though not by much, still being quite short. His clothing is somewhere between a robe and a tunic, remaining obviously wizard's garb, but far more practical for getting down and dirty.
He carries a large pack, with Moko generally perched on his shoulder - he is a small monkey.

hpboy111
2011-12-08, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I read your post before I saw the result of the roll.

Halae
2011-12-08, 09:38 PM
Deductive reasoning! BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Jzadek
2011-12-08, 09:50 PM
Harnel, while you're in town, I don't suppose you could ask about Zill on Tarn's behalf?

@thedarkstone - being a wizard, I have to ask this - will we be sleeping, or should I just do that on one of the wagons?

Swordgeo
2011-12-08, 10:31 PM
...little bastard on my cash...

I love it. Love the earring. It wasn't there, but it is now. And I love Alfred in the back there. I really like how everyone meshes and flows together, even the people to the sides are in the limelight!

It sucks...most of my elves, pretty much all but three of my elven males have five o' clock shadows in my mental image, Terrial included, even though elves can't grow facial hair.

Really. All but my first elven wizard(first D&D character ever, in fact) and my two elven psions are all that have been exempt from me wanting them to have beard stubble. Maddening. We need Tarn to learn a cantrip called "Beard Stubble" and Permanency that jazz right on.

Great drawing though. Keep ona rockin. I can't draw worth crap, and my mental pictures have never been entirely...complete so I can never draw my own characters.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-08, 11:59 PM
The picture is fantastic!

As for Tarn's flashback, that was one heck of a write! I found myself engrossed, speechless as I read and yearned for more. It was heartbreaking. I think you've definitely set up Zill as a villain.

The Big Orc
2011-12-09, 02:31 AM
I love it. A little more hair on Milo and a dagger hanging from his side and he becomes perfect. The other 4 daggers are hidden up his sleeves :P

thedarkstone
2011-12-09, 06:52 AM
You'll have your 8 hours before the adventuring part of this adventure begins.

Jzadek
2011-12-09, 10:58 AM
... and now I will always envision Milo as being played by Neil Patrick Harris.

@ OMG Ponies - thank you so much! I was a bit worried I was being a little self-indulgent with it, but I'm glad you liked it.

@ thedarkstone - this is already one of my favorite campaigns and we've not even started adventuring? Nice.

The Big Orc
2011-12-09, 11:00 AM
... and now I will always envision Milo as being played by Neil Patrick Harris.

A very short Neil Patrick Harris

thedarkstone
2011-12-09, 04:18 PM
I try to make my campaigns as excellent at possible. The happier my players are, the less likely they are to see their inevitable doom happier I am.

hpboy111
2011-12-09, 05:06 PM
Awesome, I love games like those. I love anygame in which complete an utter failure is a definate possibility. Makes things more challenging and therefore more fun.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-09, 09:05 PM
Chances for massive, mind-bending, soul-crushing, horrific failure? Hopefully this means that on the other side of things are chances for delightful, fantastic, honor-bound unicorn-ridden success! Which entices me! Huzzah!

EDIT: Crap, now I'm all alone on a page.

Jzadek
2011-12-09, 09:19 PM
Okay, so I'm thinking of having Tarn create a few spells for himself later (mainly for helping to track down Zill), and a couple for Samuel as well, though I'll let him decide what he wants.
I'm interested to know whether any of these would be okay, and what level they should be. Here is the first one I've decided to create at some point - please tell me what you think.

Seeker's Song
Divination (Scrying)
Level: 2 (waiting for approval)
Components: V, S, M, F
Casting Time: 5 Minutes
Range: Unlimited
Target: Anyone already known.
Duration: 1 Min/Level
Saving Throw: Will Partial
Spell Resistance: No

You go into a trance-like state, and a slow song begins to play in your head. As you move around, the song begins to speed up as you draw closer to your target, and slow down even more as you move away from them. Movement, however, is hindered, as moving faster than half your base speed will interrupt the spell, as will talking, making a save or entering a distracting situation. Even someone talking near you forces you to make a concentration check. Any sounds that were there when you began, that aren't something noisy such as battle or a cheering crowd, however, will not distract you.

You can potentially track someone you've never met by holding hands with someone who has, but the spell's duration is halved and both must make a concentration check. As well as this, they must make a will save against magic, which they cannot willingly fail.

The target may be anyone the caster has already met and knows by name, but anyone who was using a pseudonym will not be affected. They are allowed a will save, and if they succeed on that save, the name and appearance of the caster will be transmitted to them, and they too will be able to sense your location in the same way, for as long as your concentration persists or your time runs out.

Material Components: A sketch of the target

Material Focus: A compass worth at least 50 gp

@Toska - Not anymore!

thedarkstone
2011-12-09, 10:19 PM
Chances for massive, mind-bending, soul-crushing, horrific failure? Hopefully this means that on the other side of things are chances for delightful, fantastic, honor-bound unicorn-ridden success! Which entices me! Huzzah!

EDIT: Crap, now I'm all alone on a page.
There may be such a chance, perhaps. Of course, I may not balance it perfectly.

As for your spell, Jzadek, the only problem I can see is that skills are always capitalized. Always. So, yeah. But I approve.

Jzadek
2011-12-10, 05:58 PM
It's quiet tonight...

Halae
2011-12-10, 06:28 PM
I'm still just waiting to find out what Arvan finds out from the constable. It might direct us a bit more to finding out about the circus' actions.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-10, 06:31 PM
Sorry, travelling out of state and posting from my iPod. I only post IC with a proper keyboard.

hpboy111
2011-12-11, 01:34 PM
I was doing some thinking this weekend and I came to a realization. Yes it's fun when you can surprise players just as much as the characters, but that's me thinking like a DM. It's the job of the player to work with other players to overcome whatever the DM throws at them. Therefore I've decided I'm still going to do a big reveal for Samuels secret at level 6, but I'm not going to hide whats going on with him from the players anymore. Take a look a the page in like 20 minutes and you'll be able to start piecing together what's going on.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend by the way.

Jzadek
2011-12-11, 01:50 PM
I don't know, I've got something worked out with thedarkstone to add intrigue. As long as the DM knows, you shouldn't feel compelled to reveal it unless you actually want to.

hpboy111
2011-12-11, 02:39 PM
I won't actually be saying, "ok, this is what's going to happen to him." but I'm dropping real hints now ether than trying to keep it all bottled up until a certain point. We all know you're chasing Zill and why, but none of you really know why Samuel is running and what's happening with him. This also give me the opportunity to place my first flashback. I feel that it's important we all kinda know what's going on, so I want you guys to know what exactly is driving Samuel forward. And the big reveal will still be epic.

Edit: Oh and thoughts on my firstflashback?

Jzadek
2011-12-11, 04:22 PM
I liked it muchly. I'm very interested in Samuel being a tool of the lower planes, and given my hopes of a sort of student-master relationship between him and Tarn, could be full of fun RP opportunities.
Also, I love these flashbacks just in general.

hpboy111
2011-12-11, 08:48 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, 4 hours to fix the Internet, if it were a physical being I would strangle it right now. Anyways, yeah the student/mentor relationship seems like it would work nicely, especially once he starts really seeing you all as friends and gets over his conflicted feelings about you being tools. There's endless roleplaying potential behind this once his "powers" start developing and he begins to go through physical changes. At that point his internal dialogue will also get infinitely more interesting. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to the game as a whole, it's a great opportunity for me to learn from the style of another DM and to interact and make some more friends, which I think I can say I already have.

Jzadek
2011-12-11, 09:03 PM
I think I can say likewise. It's great playing in a party with no real weak role-players, who are also all nice people.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-11, 09:52 PM
I agree. I've got most of my introduction more-or-less planned out, now I just have to find the right opportunity to appear and then I can consider myself participating with, rather than just befriending, all of you. Also: Did someone eat Oskar?

Jzadek
2011-12-11, 10:27 PM
I was wondering about that too - and I loved that dwarf, he was a dude.

EDIT: Sent the Anarresti a message, just to check up on him, because Moko will be sad if he has no barbarian dwarf friend.

Swordgeo
2011-12-11, 11:04 PM
Don't worry, Oskar shall live.

...He must.

Oskar is the man, yo.

Jzadek
2011-12-11, 11:44 PM
Sorry Moko's story took two posts, I couldn't make the second roles through edits.

Jzadek
2011-12-12, 05:52 PM
Is it just me, or has play been exceptionally slow these past few days? Darkstone, where are you? We need our fix!

thedarkstone
2011-12-12, 06:28 PM
Jzadek, you are quite perceptive. I've been sick, quite simply; I tried to fight it off, but I didn't have the "Spirit of the DM" all weekend, and yesterday I was incapacitated. I even stayed home today, since I was still quite ill. However, you can expect something either tonight, tomorrow morning, or tomorrow afternoon. Luckily, sickness on this scale doesn't happen often for me.

Jzadek
2011-12-12, 06:32 PM
Aw, get well soon. Being sick like that is crap.

Anyway, don't feel you have to DM before you're able to. Wait until your muse returns, as it were.

thedarkstone
2011-12-12, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes; I think I should be back to perfect health by tomorrow.

hpboy111
2011-12-12, 09:44 PM
Sorry for your illness. Had I known sooner I would have sent you my well wishes already. I hope your prediction is correct and your back up and ready to go tomorrow. Just take your time and get yourself back into tip top shape.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-12, 11:36 PM
Get well, DM. Expect a Luci post sometime tomorrow.

Jzadek
2011-12-13, 11:58 AM
Anyone who can read through Tarn's fake rant deserves a medal. I had no idea it was quite that long when I was writing it. I'm not even going to bother going back and reading it.

Halae
2011-12-13, 04:05 PM
Anyone who can read through Tarn's fake rant deserves a medal. I had no idea it was quite that long when I was writing it. I'm not even going to bother going back and reading it.

>.>

*read it through*

thedarkstone
2011-12-13, 05:18 PM
I liked the rambling. It was...rambly. Anyways, edited in the other parts of my post. Now, I'll make the other response soon enough, I just have some other things to attend to.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-13, 07:19 PM
Tarn's rant = fantastic. :smallbiggrin:

Swordgeo
2011-12-13, 09:20 PM
Jay, listen to me now...

DO NOT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB DOING THOSE DWARF ACCENTS.

Tarn, screw your job, quit magery, you can make money doing that old man. I was halfway through and started laughing my butt off. Not only could I imagaine it happening, and Tarn saying it, I even imagine ME saying it. Gold.

Er, pennies...as it were.

Jzadek
2011-12-13, 09:29 PM
Hah! Yeah, I have no idea where that pennies thing came from. I just wrote the first things that came into my head, kinda like Tarn would be doing.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Old men are always fun.

Swordgeo
2011-12-13, 09:31 PM
Can't argue with that one. Sucks that my old man is somewhat lacking, at least compared to some of my good ones.

...I forget how many accents I can actually do effectively. Huh.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-13, 09:35 PM
Please, please, PLEASE let Samuel worship Asmodeus. With Luci's powers coming from Asmodeus as well, the RP potential is endless.

hpboy111
2011-12-13, 10:38 PM
Worship is definitely the wrong word. He doesn't like demons or devils right now, and he'd be more than willing to take them all out for revenge if he could. Will this attitude change, maybe, but right now it's not going to happen.

hpboy111
2011-12-13, 11:16 PM
My spells known, save DC's and spells per day seem to have disappeared off of my Myth-weavers sheet. I'm going to fix that tomorrow morning.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-14, 07:10 AM
Worship is definitely the wrong word. He doesn't like demons or devils right now, and he'd be more than willing to take them all out for revenge if he could. Will this attitude change, maybe, but right now it's not going to happen.

All the better. I think once Luci realizes the source of her powers, she's going to try to avoid the whole "thrall to evil for the rest of her life" thing, so maybe we can fight Asmodeus together!

thedarkstone
2011-12-14, 07:12 AM
Heh. Naive children, thinking you can oppose Asmodeus and live... :biggrin:

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-14, 07:17 AM

I skip checking the boards for ONE DAY and now theres talk of demon worship, fighting Asmodeus, owing UNNAMED FAVORS TO LICHES ( Oi, *facepalm*), and little tiny rambly old men. Who are fantastic. I need to check more frequently from now on, I guess :smallsmile:

thedarkstone
2011-12-14, 07:18 AM
I skip checking the boards for ONE DAY and now theres talk of demon worship, fighting Asmodeus, owing UNNAMED FAVORS TO LICHES ( Oi, *facepalm*), and little tiny rambly old men. Who are fantastic. I need to check more frequently from now on, I guess :smallsmile:
That's just what you get.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-14, 07:43 AM
@Jzadek: Sorry if it's unclear in-character, but Luci wants you to make a Spellcraft check when we're with Withers. Using the skill, you can:

identify a spell that’s already in place and in effect. You must be able to see or detect the effects of the spell. No action required. No retry.

The DC is 20+spell level, and Luci's got no ranks in Spellcraft. Hopefully her Detect Magic ability could hold some weight with the "you must be able to detect the effects of the spell" line.

@thedarkstone: Sorry for assuming that Luci sees an aura on Withers, I just did that to make sure we don't hit a snag waiting for me IC to tell Tarn what I see. If there's no aura, assume that I don't nod and I'll change my IC post later. Luci's still going to bite her lip, though.

@Everyone: I was trying to think of what it must feel like to experience magic for the first time, and I kept coming back to one thing. Sorry if the parallel Luci's reaction to Detect Magic draws to "the big O" is too blatant and classless. If anyone feels that way, let me know and I'll work something out. Since Luci's character deals so much with sex, I've tried to be delicate around it so far. Let me know if it ever makes anyone uncomfortable; I'm receptive to feedback.

Oh, I never said anything about living. I'm quite content to have her die facing Asmodeus, should it come to that. Of course, I'm also intrigued in the possibilities of her embracing her connection to him and taking the Disciple of Asmodeus prestige class (found in Book of Vile Darkness). Yes, I know I'm now torn between three half-casting PrCs (Disciple of Asmodeus, Master of Masks, or Mindbender), but I figure we'll make those decisions as Luci levels based on how she's developing story-wise. If she's going good (which is what it seems), Disciple is out and Mindbender might take itself off the table.

owing UNNAMED FAVORS TO LICHES ( Oi, *facepalm*)

On the plus side, writing the DM a blank check like that practically guarantees your character an awesome plot hook later on. On the other hand, it's usually a hook of the "kill everyone" or "swallow this jar full of tacks" variety.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-14, 01:59 PM
On the plus side, writing the DM a blank check like that practically guarantees your character an awesome plot hook later on. On the other hand, it's usually a hook of the "kill everyone" or "swallow this jar full of tacks" variety.

Those are, unfortunately my favorites. Argh, My RL groups have been impossible to organize and get involved, I'm going to need to get further into this!!

Jzadek
2011-12-14, 04:51 PM
I await confirmation of Tarn's spellcraft check, then, hopefully, I'll be able to work out what's going on.

hpboy111
2011-12-14, 06:54 PM
Transmutation, not enchantment. And a wink. Hmm, I've come to the premature conclusion that withers must be Zill in disguise. :)

In all reality, transmutation, hmm. Lots of possibilities there. I am convinced that Withers, or possibly the Withers Luci and Tarn just met, is someone taking his form. The reall question is who is taking Withers' form and why they would be doing it.

Curious, very curious.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-14, 08:08 PM
Transmutation, not enchantment. And a wink. Hmm, I've come to the premature conclusion that withers must be Zill in disguise. :)

Aye, I've come to that conclusion myself as well. The wink? Well played, Mister DM, well played indeed. I need the night to digest and think how Luci would react, but expect an IC post tomorrow morning. This just got interesting; do we confront "Withers" directly? Go to Millen? Discuss secretly within the party? Ignore it? Perhaps we should put it to an OOC vote so we can act IC in a way consistent with both our characters and intraparty dynamics?

Luci would vote to bring the matter to Millen, though it will be hard to get an audience without either including "Withers" or raising his/her suspicion. My secondary vote is to confront "Withers" directly, but it could get messy trying to explain that one to Millen. Either way, Luci's last option is to ignore it. An unknown sneak has seen her true form. If she finds out this sneak is connected to the circus, all the more reason to silence them. This could get ugly for Luci.

Thoughts from the others?

hpboy111
2011-12-14, 08:30 PM
Well as soon as Samuel finds out he's not himself for whatever reason he's going to want to watch. Keepin it a secret within the party would be a first option just so he could observe Withers. However if the others wanted to do something else he could be talked out of it if Luci, especially Luci, Arvan and Tarn all believed I a different course of action.

Jzadek
2011-12-14, 08:45 PM
Speaking partly as myself, and partly as Tarn - with an intelligence of 18 and wisdom of 16, as well as a constant suspicion of anyone who could be remotely related to Zill, I think I can safely say it wouldn't be metagaming for him to come to similar conclusions as us, though perhaps on more of a hunch - narratives aren't a force in this universe (unless it's like the Discworld) - I think that we should probably get out of the house and find the party, and discuss it with them.
I'm also considering getting Ishmael involved, because if that is Zill, we'll need the big guns ready to fire if it comes to that.

Halae
2011-12-15, 05:16 AM
Hey guys, sorry I'm not posting. I'm pretty badly sick, so posting isn't going to be common for the next couple of days -.-

thedarkstone
2011-12-15, 06:53 AM
Hey guys, sorry I'm not posting. I'm pretty badly sick, so posting isn't going to be common for the next couple of days -.-
Yeah, well, I may have just gotten grounded, so my internet rights were revoked. Oops. This will last for two weeks, and I'll only be on a short period of time each day; at school, and in the morning, if I can wake up early enough.

Plot twists make life so much more fun, don't they? Speaking of the Withers situation not my own.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-15, 07:05 AM
Yeah, well, I may have just gotten grounded, so my internet rights were revoked. Oops. This will last for two weeks, and I'll only be on a short period of time each day; at school, and in the morning, if I can wake up early enough.

Gah, curses! In the meantime, should the party gather back together and chat? It seems like we'll have a lot to discuss without the need for DM interaction, between recounting the lich's tale, discussing the manner with "Withers," and the small item of planning our actual mission to rescue Verona.

hpboy111
2011-12-15, 07:10 AM
Man, that sucks, both for Harnel and thedarkstone. My heart goes out to the both of you, wishing Harnel a quick recovery, and thedarkstone a quick resolution of the situation.

Yeah it seems like the best option is to get together and discuss what's been happening. We can do that with thedarkstone so... seems like the logical choice.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-15, 07:19 AM
Yeah Harnel, get well soon! On an unrelated note, did we ever hear anything back from The Anarresti?

thedarkstone
2011-12-15, 07:23 AM
Well, my mother forgets that I have internet capabilities on my phone, as well as a full keyboard. It may take slightly longer, but I can use my phone to post. Don't count me out of the fight yet!

OMG PONIES
2011-12-15, 07:25 AM
Well, my mother forgets that I have internet capabilities on my phone, as well as a full keyboard. It may take slightly longer, but I can use my phone to post. Don't count me out of the fight yet!

The grounded one speaks! Just do us all a favor; don't get your phone taken away, too. Maybe start sucking up & doing household chores in hopes of getting your sentence reduced for good behavior?

The Big Orc
2011-12-15, 10:49 AM
I know I haven't posted in a while, I am still here and watching the thread, just waiting for people to go to sleep so Milo can start pulling pranks.

Jzadek
2011-12-15, 11:12 AM
Yeah Harnel, get well soon! On an unrelated note, did we ever hear anything back from The Anarresti?

Yes, actually - I was just about to post that. He says he's been busy, and in a couple of days will be able to say whether he's able to return properly or formally bow out.
I've said that if that happens he could just take a leave of absence, but he hasn't yet replied.

thedarkstone
2011-12-15, 04:07 PM
I throw so many obstacles in your path...how shall you ever see clearly through the mess? :smallbiggrin:

Swordgeo
2011-12-15, 04:09 PM
I know I haven't posted in a while, I am still here and watching the thread, just waiting for people to go to sleep so Milo can start pulling pranks.

Same here...minus the pranking...and waiting for people to go to sleep in general. Other people are doing stuff Terrial's not involved in, and there's nothing to really post on. The time is not right for flashbacks or anything, so I'm just reading what's going on with y'all.

I'm actually waiting to go to sleep.

Jzadek
2011-12-15, 05:04 PM
Well, Tarn and Luci will be over soon to discuss what to do about Withers. We can all work on that.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-15, 11:27 PM
Just dropping in again, want you all to know I love what Ive read and cannot wait for more, but as for posting I want to wait for JUST the right time. Till then, I shall refresh constantly and otherwise twiddle my thumbs.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-17, 08:07 AM
Did Tarn just tell Luci to get prostitutes for the others MID possession? Why am I not here yet? Gah!

Jzadek
2011-12-17, 10:27 PM
Yep. That gnome knows how to party!

In more serious news, I'm planning to have Moloch analyse the psyche of everyone, and use it to disturb them deeply. It should be fun...

hpboy111
2011-12-17, 10:37 PM
Another demonic connection to the party, and Moloch no less. This is going to be quite entertaining. Can't wait for Ponies response.

Jzadek
2011-12-18, 07:48 AM
Samuel's in the area? He's going to be fun to tear apart psychologically. Hannibal Lecture time, anybody?

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-18, 10:10 AM
Do it do it do it do it! Gah, Hannibal's speeches give me goosebumps every time. If you can pull that off I would be immensely impressed!

hpboy111
2011-12-18, 10:35 AM
Not yet but he's making his way to the mansion. Ebony flew on ahead and heard some of what Tarn said to Luci.

Jzadek
2011-12-18, 06:21 PM
Is it me or are we really slow at weekends?

thedarkstone
2011-12-18, 07:39 PM
Is it me or are we really slow at weekends

For truth. I believe most post when they should be working or doing school things. But, I can't complain. We have pretty good activity during the week.

Jzadek
2011-12-18, 08:15 PM
I know, and I'm not really complaining, but it tires me out, having to post so late at night during the week. Eh, it's worth it for this game.

thedarkstone
2011-12-18, 08:51 PM
This game makes it worth it to post on my phone. Yeah, that's something I thought I'd never do. It's worth staying after school until five to post. It's worth getting up at 5 am to post.

Yeah, this game is worth a lot to me.

Jzadek
2011-12-19, 01:27 PM
*Presses refresh*
No replies...
*Presses refresh*

thedarkstone
2011-12-19, 07:25 PM
*Presses refresh*
No replies...
*Presses refresh*

xD
I know how it is. The only reason I'm not is because I'm grounded. >.>

OMG PONIES
2011-12-19, 08:58 PM
@Jzadek: most unexpected indeed! I'll have a blast figuring out how Luci will react as I drift off to sleep tonight. All I know for sure is that Tarn's getting slapped. :smallamused:

@hpboy111: You pick up that familiar somewhere near Dagoba? :smalltongue:

Is it me or are we really slow at weekends?

For truth. I believe most post when they should be working or doing school things. But, I can't complain. We have pretty good activity during the week.

Agreed. Especially during the holidays, real life happens on the weekends. I post weekday mornings before work, or during the day AT work. Unfortunately, I have a management position in a call center for a large financial company, so these next few weeks are hectic with year-end reviews, agents calling to make sure they get production credit for 2011, and the beginning of tax season.

This game makes it worth it to post on my phone. Yeah, that's something I thought I'd never do. It's worth staying after school until five to post. It's worth getting up at 5 am to post.

Yeah, this game is worth a lot to me.

Seconded! This game (and this group) carries more weight for me than a RL group that hobbled along for SEVEN YEARS with some of my good friends. I don't know if it's because I've been envisioning the character of Luci for so long (about 3 years now), because of the camaraderie I feel with this group, or because I feel that I do some of my best writing in this game [no offense to my other DMs, Jzadek included], but I'm investing in the long-term success of this game.

To be fair, I'm still a bit leery, though. I was in another PbP on these forums that went about 20 IC pages. It was the first PbP where I actually went up a level, and we had a great party of well-developed characters. Then, the DM's computer went kaput, and it was over in a flash. So here's to hoping that doesn't happen here. I wish us long gaming, good internet connections, and great manufacturer's warranties!

thedarkstone
2011-12-19, 10:02 PM
Agreed. Especially during the holidays, real life happens on the weekends. I post weekday mornings before work, or during the day AT work. Unfortunately, I have a management position in a call center for a large financial company, so these next few weeks are hectic with year-end reviews, agents calling to make sure they get production credit for 2011, and the beginning of tax season.

Seconded! This game (and this group) carries more weight for me than a RL group that hobbled along for SEVEN YEARS with some of my good friends. I don't know if it's because I've been envisioning the character of Luci for so long (about 3 years now), because of the camaraderie I feel with this group, or because I feel that I do some of my best writing in this game [no offense to my other DMs, Jzadek included], but I'm investing in the long-term success of this game.

To be fair, I'm still a bit leery, though. I was in another PbP on these forums that went about 20 IC pages. It was the first PbP where I actually went up a level, and we had a great party of well-developed characters. Then, the DM's computer went kaput, and it was over in a flash. So here's to hoping that doesn't happen here. I wish us long gaming, good internet connections, and great manufacturer's warranties!
Ooh, good luck with that. Anything financial related sucks during the holiday season.

I'm glad you do well writing in my campaign! As for computer death, the only thing I can see being a problem is that I am going off to college next year, so that may cause time issues. But I'm getting a laptop for my birthday (March 19th), so I should have something to post from. If I consider library, school, laptop, and both home towers (as well as dad's tower), I should be set.

The Big Orc
2011-12-19, 10:08 PM
But I'm getting a laptop for my birthday (March 19th)

Dude, Im the 18th!

thedarkstone
2011-12-19, 10:11 PM
Dude, Im the 18th!
THAT IS AWESOME. WE ARE ALMOST BIRTH-BROTHERS! I currently have two or three people who share my birthday. One is a good friend of mine IRL (Swordgeo here)'s dad. There's more, but I can't remember for the life of me.

hpboy111
2011-12-19, 11:00 PM
@ OMG Ponies: Yes, yes I did. Just wait till he starts with the quotes. :smallsmile:

OMG PONIES
2011-12-20, 07:20 AM
As for computer death, the only thing I can see being a problem is that I am going off to college next year, so that may cause time issues.

Your mileage may vary, but my freshman year was one of the most low-stress times of my life. You're forced to take a bunch of intro classes that require about half of your brain power. Your shiny new laptop + the other half of your brain = D&D in class. Just remember, Bs get degrees. Heck, they got me three! Err, I mean, study hard, eat your Wheaties, and perform to the best of your ability. Oh yeah, and don't forget to clean behind your ears.

@ OMG Ponies: Yes, yes I did. Just wait till he starts with the quotes.

Good, I'm just glad that I wasn't imagining it. Now to go tackle this IC post.

Jzadek
2011-12-20, 12:44 PM
She'd take her chances with a polite, fake Withers over a rude, possessed Tarn any day.

I couldn't stop giggling at this!

Jzadek
2011-12-20, 01:48 PM
Grab Attempt: [roll0]
Luci's Touch AC: 13

Grapple Attempt (To twist Luci's arm): [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

2nd Grapple Attempt:
[roll2]Damage: [roll3]

I'm just going to warn you guys now, I just watched a Firefly episode, and will now be quoting it every opportunity I get for the next few days. I apologise.

Swordgeo
2011-12-20, 08:42 PM
*Presses refresh*
No replies...
*Presses refresh*

Yup yup. Back when I first started I joined three games and even no none of tem posted often, I would do that all the time...and I'd get on TVTropes.

Ya, my father and my step-grandmother(which you've never met I think) are on the 19th. Though our friend T comes close on the 16th.

...I'm suprised that for once I've found two people that I know are Scorpios like myself...I know we're supposed to represent roughly 1/12th the population, but I know close to none. Surrounded by Pisces, Aquarians, and Capricorns...and Aries I guess...and just about everyone really, except for, well, everyone else.

Yup...even online I ramble on, but online I know when to stop myself.

Sanity nooooo! Come back to meee!

Jzadek
2011-12-20, 09:11 PM
Sanity is overrated. Insanity brings you happy colours. It's a clear win.

Incidentally, Swordgeo, you've not been able to post in a while. Why not bring Terrial over to Tarn and Luci, and, soon, Samuel? It'll be fun. All the cool kids are doing it!

hpboy111
2011-12-20, 09:32 PM
Yes yes, it will be most fun. I'm not sure when exactly he'll get there since I have no idea how far the circus campsite is from the mansion but it should only take 10-15 minutes, depending on how big the city is.

Jzadek
2011-12-20, 09:34 PM
Well however long it takes to get here, I think we should start to re-unite the party, to deal with 'Withers' and now, it seems, Tarn!Moloch, and the results of Tarn's unlucky will save.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-21, 07:14 AM
I've got to admit, Jzadek, this has really thrown me for quite the loop. Nice twist!

Jzadek
2011-12-21, 09:03 AM
Thanks! Thedarkstone and I have had this planned since the start. Basically, whenever Tarn is put in a situation where he or I judge he'd be under extreme stress, I roll a will save (in another thread previously so as not to give the game away) to see if he becomes possessed. He failed the first one. So now we have Moloch...

EDIT: How are we going to run him vs Luci's bluffs? We can't use Tarn's skills like that, as they're pretty innappropriate for an Arch-devil, and Moloch's mind is an entirely seperate entity, and we don't really have any rules for his own mental stats - should we draw one up now? Find stats for the non-possessing Moloch?

EDIT 2: Also, could anyone could check Tarn's sheet for his social skills, as I'm using a computer that doesn't support Javascript at the moment.

hpboy111
2011-12-21, 11:37 AM
Here's you're social skills.

Bluff +5
Diplomacy +5
Sense Motive +3
intimidate +3

Also, awesome. I love the Idea of a timebomb sitting within our party. Also, Moloch has stats somewhere. Todka and I where talking about it earlier today. He remembers seeing him in a source. We'll look for Him and let you know once he's found.

hpboy111
2011-12-21, 02:01 PM
Ok, I did some searching, and I've found several versions of Moloch in different sources. Before I say where to find them I just have one major question. When in the timeline of the Nine Hells in this taking place? Is Moloch still a Duke of the Nine Hells? Or has he already been banished?

Jzadek
2011-12-21, 04:04 PM
I've been playing him as having already been banished, which is why he was summon-able so easily for Tarn to meet him.

hpboy111
2011-12-21, 05:15 PM
Here you go, a direct copy and paste from Dragon Magazine Issue 360. After getting defeated by Asmodeus and replaced by Glasya, Asmodeus' daughter, he was reduced to this. Although reduced is a bit of a misleading term in this case considering he can still walk over most devils.

Moloch CR 22
LE Large outsider (baatezu, evil, extraplanar, lawful)
Init +3; Senses see in darkness; Listen +46, Spot +46
Languages tongues; telepathy 100 ft.
AC 42, touch 12, flat-footed 39
(–1 size, +3 Dex, +8 armor, +22 natural)
hp 459 (34 HD); regeneration 10; DR 15/epic and good
Immune fire and poison
Resist acid 10, cold 10; SR 30
Fort +30, Ref +24, Will +30
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee 2 hellfire claws +41 (1d8+8 plus 1d6 fire and 1d6 against good) and
bite +39 (2d6+4) or
Melee Moloch’s scourge +47/+42/+37/+32 (2d6+8 plus variable fire)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Base Atk +34; Grp +46
Atk Options Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Flay, Great Cleave, Power Attack, aligned strike (evil, lawful), improved grab
Special Actions breath weapon, summon baatezu
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 20th):
At will—confusion (DC 22), create undead, fireball (DC 21), fly, geas/quest, greater fireburstSC (DC 23), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), limited wish (fulfill another’s request only), permanent image (DC 24), see invisibility, suggestion (DC 21), wall of fire (DC 22)
1/day—blasphemy (DC 25), flame strike (DC 23), symbol of stunning (DC 25)
Abilities Str 26, Dex 17, Con 28, Int 15, Wis 29, Cha 27
SQ planar commitment
Feats Ability Focus (breath weapon), Cleave, Combat Reflexes, FlayPH2, Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Multiattack, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-like Ability (greater fireburst), Weapon Focus (scourge)
Skills Concentration +46, Diplomacy +45, Intimidate +45, Jump +45, Knowledge (history) +39, Knowledge (religion) +39, Knowledge (the planes) +39, Listen +46, Spot +46, Survival +46 (+48 on other planes)
Possessions Moloch’s scourge, amulet of health +6, bracers of armor +8, gem of seeing
Tongues (Su) As the tongues spell, always active, caster level 20th.
Regeneration (Ex) Silver and good-aligned weapons deal normal damage to Moloch. If Moloch loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 1 minute. Moloch can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
Hellfire Claws (Su) Moloch deals 1d6 points of fire damage and 1d6 points of unholy damage with his claw attacks. A creature struck by this attack must make a DC 35 Reflex save or catch fire. The flames burn for 10 rounds if not extinguished sooner. A burning creature can use a full-round action to put out the flame (see Catching on Fire, DMG 303). The save is Strength-based.
Moloch’s Scourge This massive weapon has four flexible metal strands. When swung, they erupt in pale blue flames. Moloch’s scourge deals up to 20 points of fire damage in addition to normal damage from the weapon. Moloch may divide this extra damage
as he sees fit between each attack. He must decide prior to making the attack roll.
Improved Grab (Ex) To use this ability, Moloch must hit an opponent of any size with a claw attack. He may then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If he wins the grapple check, he automatically deals bite damage.
Breath Weapon (Su) 30-ft. cone, at will, affected creatures become panicked for 10 rounds, Will DC 36 negates. A creature that successfully saves against this ability cannot again be affected for 24 hours. The save is Constitution-based.
Summon Baatezu (Sp) 80% chance to summon 1d3+1 horned devils; 1/day; caster level 20th. This ability is the equivalent of a 9th-level spell.
Planar Commitment (Ex) As an outcast devil, Moloch is teleported 100 miles in a random direction whenever he is exposed to any effect that would force him to leave Avernus.

thedarkstone
2011-12-21, 06:09 PM
Yes, a CR 22 timebomb that not even Ishmael and Lord Millen together can save you from.

hpboy111
2011-12-21, 06:34 PM
Yep, looking forward to it :smallsmile: But seriously, we're in some serious trouble if he ever actually materializes. As long as he's in Tarns body, his physical abilities and special stacks get removed, but he's still quite the intellect, don't say anything you may regret later, he will find a way to use it against you.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-21, 06:38 PM
Eh, I'm not too worried; he doesn't have any ranks in Sense Motive. Worst case scenario, there's never anything wrong with lying to the devil, right? :smalltongue:

@Swordgeo: liking the Terrial post--a little insight into the mind of the quiet archer!

@Toska: I'm hoping class has become interesting or you're on holiday break having a ball, but either way I'm missing my drawings! Come on, we need a "Moloch/Tarn grappling tearful Luci" portrait...stat!

Swordgeo
2011-12-21, 09:18 PM
@Swordgeo: liking the Terrial post--a little insight into the mind of the quiet archer!

Why thank you, I try when I have the mind to. I'm really waiting for when it's time to sleep, I have a flashback to pull to provide a little more insight into Terrial's past(though I don't want to fall victim to any tricks, and I hope certain agreements are honored). I've done what I could to make it known that Terrial was never really accepted by his people, and that has left him a cold, friendless, hateful bastard; though I'm sure y'all can change that. Oh, and there's the racism too, but that's how he was raised, not how he was treated.

He's as good a person as he can be though. Which reminds me, I didn't even put his alignment down. I usually do that for a reason though, takes me a bit to make up my mind sometimes, but I think Terrial is True Neutral, most of my guys are.

Toska Moriarty
2011-12-22, 07:41 AM
@Toska: I'm hoping class has become interesting or you're on holiday break having a ball, but either way I'm missing my drawings! Come on, we need a "Moloch/Tarn grappling tearful Luci" portrait...stat!

@ OMG PONIES : Gah, no, the day classes become interesting is the day I end up six feet under. And I'm not quite on holiday break yet, but I did need to handle all the pre-break work. I'm here, checking and reading atleast twice daily, but there's not much I can add at this point. As far as Tarn and Luci fighting, I'd love to draw that. But frankly, I've never been able to draw a Luci I was proud of, it just never seems right enough, despite me trying say, oh, once a day over two weeks. The non-static nature of changelings MIGHT contribute, but no excuses. Possesed Tarn will come soon, and probably Milo and Terriel.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-22, 07:52 AM
The beautiful thing about Luci is that, no matter how you draw her, she's right! Just say she's mid-morph or something. If you're an X-Men fan, think of her like Mystique. She parades around in any number of looks, but her natural one is truly alien. Rather than blue skin, yellow eyes, and red hair, she's got gray skin, lavender eyes, and opalescent hair. Basically like the below:

http://tehgamegroup.com/images/7/7d/Burningsky_changeling.jpg

Except with different eye and hair color, and perhaps a little more definition to the nose and mouth.

Halae
2011-12-22, 04:44 PM
*is suddenly back*

So, went to the doctor a little while ago. I apparently have Mono. Certainly explains why I've been feeling so terrible.

I'm gonna catch up and start posting again soon.

Jzadek
2011-12-22, 05:00 PM
That's not nice to have. Still, good that you're back, or going to be back soon.

A lot of us in this thread have become ill, it seems. I'm beginning to become concerned for my own health. Seems to be a pattern. :smalltongue:

OMG PONIES
2011-12-22, 07:15 PM
That's not nice to have. Still, good that you're back, or going to be back soon.

A lot of us in this thread have become ill, it seems. I'm beginning to become concerned for my own health. Seems to be a pattern. :smalltongue:

It's what happens when you stay up all night refreshing. *cough*

Jzadek
2011-12-22, 07:40 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one. My timezone is killing me, but as I've said before, it's totally worth it.

Anyway, how should we handle the skills on Moloch? I reckon you can bluff him, but I'm not sure about the diplomacy (mostly because the skill is so badly handled). Should we treat him as a PC or an NPC? Something in between?

Swordgeo
2011-12-22, 08:25 PM
Heh. Go Indiana.

Jzadek
2011-12-22, 08:42 PM
:smallannoyed: GMT 0 is not amused.

Swordgeo
2011-12-22, 08:52 PM
Heh, apologies for the British.

...but it's still funny.

Jzadek
2011-12-22, 09:43 PM
I can see how it would be, but still, 2:42 AM is a gruellingly late night.

Swordgeo
2011-12-22, 09:53 PM
Trust me...nothing is keeping you up this late tonight. Nobody is on, nobody is posting, and if some does, I doubt you'll be missing much. I'd advise just going to sleep and check tomorrow.

...I've been thinking about Terrial's exact features...but it' proving difficult. My characters are always a bit featureless, or at least not defined feature-wise. The only character of mine that I could describe physically with accuracy is Nupo, my first D&D character ever.

...but he was special. Lots of my characters are special but, ya know. Long live Po the war-mage, and long live 2nd Edition.

Jzadek
2011-12-23, 09:29 PM
Okay, to speed up posting, I'm going to treat Moloch as a PC, since he's a part of Tarn, and if we control our familiar's actions, we may as well do so with our possessing archdevils.
If you disagree with this call, thedarkstone, when you return I'd be happy to change it, and anyone else, I'd happily discuss changing it.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

Also, going back to check Moloch's stats, I realised that they are on page 13. That's pretty awesome.

thedarkstone
2011-12-23, 09:33 PM
Jzadek, I trust your judgment.

Jzadek
2011-12-23, 09:47 PM
Thanks. I'll post Moloch's next move either tonight or tomorrow, depending on inspiration levels.

Swordgeo
2011-12-25, 12:12 AM
Merry Christmas from America, folks. Since I was checking for new posts anyway.

For ye non-Christmas peeps, loudly proclaim thy holiday of choice, and tell us non-believers of your holiday to suck it!

Happy Kwanza y'all!

Jzadek
2011-12-25, 05:37 AM
Yep, Merry Christmas/Whatever Else.

The Big Orc
2011-12-25, 10:28 AM
Merry Christmas to all! And to all, a good post! :smalltongue::smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Jzadek
2011-12-26, 04:29 PM
[roll0] - Moloch's bluff, with ability modifier applied.

Actually, I forgot to add that to his sense motive check. Well, his wisdom modifier is 9, and he rolled a 13, so his overall roll is 22... which still doesn't beat Luci's bluff.

Swordgeo
2011-12-28, 11:54 AM
Well aren't we active?

I mean really, even the OOC thread, this page hasn't been visited by more than what, four? five? I understand 'tis tha season, but dang people!

...I even spied on all of you...cause I'm bored...and all but Toska and the Annaresti have been on in the last 24 hours(Anneresti in the last 48).

...hm.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 12:06 PM
Indeed we are. Quite so, in fact.

hpboy111
2011-12-28, 03:33 PM
I'D post if there was anything for Damuel to do yet but I already decided to wait a few more posts before he reaches Tarn and Luci. And on the OOC, there wasn't much to talk about.

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 04:59 PM
Darkstone, I'm waiting for Liam to catch Tarn (or let him fall to the floor, Moloch has plans either way).

So, for conversation OOC... what's Terrial going to do next? We should probably think of getting the party together again, and I want to try and solve this Wither's thing before we leave.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 05:22 PM
Darkstone, I'm waiting for Liam to catch Tarn (or let him fall to the floor, Moloch has plans either way).

So, for conversation OOC... what's Terrial going to do next? We should probably think of getting the party together again, and I want to try and solve this Wither's thing before we leave.
Ah, okay. that would make sense. I'll post that up then.

As for the second...hehe, you guys figure that out.

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 05:32 PM
Thanks.

Also, yay! We have activity, such as it is. Hopefully, it won't be long until we're all here again.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 06:10 PM
And posted. Should add to the group dynamic. :smallamused:

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 06:16 PM
That's an ominous smily. Checking it out now.

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 08:48 PM
Can I assume that it's been one round so far?

hpboy111
2011-12-28, 09:33 PM
An awesome post Jzadek. Loved it, I feel somewhat sorry for Liam right now but I can't help but love Molochs response. And I don't even know why I loved it so much.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 09:59 PM
I hear that voice in my head! That was so...argh, I don't even have the words to express it. It was...perfect. It was. Absolutely so.

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm glad you liked it.

Hpboy, surely we're getting to the point where you can arrive. I've already planned so much to say to Samuel.

hpboy111
2011-12-28, 10:28 PM
If you guys want me to show up then maybe we can say that I was a little closer than I had originally thought. I wanted to wait a little bit longer but this would be a nice time to enter now that you bring it up.

Swordgeo
2011-12-28, 10:35 PM
Oh, that was nice..."Things might get...Heated."

Brilliant, I laughed.

Anywho, Terrial doesn't plan to get involved with the possessed Tarn conversation. Terrial would do nothing to help it. I thought about what Terrial would do if he knew Tarn was possessed, I even talked to our DM about it.

Terrial would say something to the effect of, "The gnome is cool and all, but we can't keep him around to mess with us as we try to recover Millen's kid. As Terrial would see it, we have three options:

1. Kill Tarn. Sorry, just can't have a crazy devil following us, or he'll prolly kill us instead. Then again, that won't work out so great. Even if we managed to kill the li'l bastard, Moloch could just possess another.

2. Leave him with Millen. Terrial is not going to run aound with no devil-infested gnome. Terrial is here to rescue Millen's daughter, not deal with this crap. So either Milen can deal with Moloch while we save the day(excluding Tarn) or screw it all, this was not in the job description, and Terrial leaves.

3.(Should our DM approve this) Get a butt-load of clerics to come try to exorcise the 22CR devil. I don't even think they'd really have to cast a spell. Depending on our house rules(which prolly wouldn't allow this)...even though chucking holy water and screaming "The power of Christ compels you" will do nothing to this devil...what if they roll a 20 on their "improv exorcism roll?" Natural success? Even a 1st level could do that!
Of course, everyone that fails this trial will surely be killed, which is WHY we use the 1st levels. Who cares? They're 1st level! You can make more. Just get a bunc of 1st leves from all the good gods, all the neutral gods that give a crap, and all the evil gods tht hate Moloch, and they all join hands and pray.
One of them will succeed.

Well, Terrial wouldn't think of number 3, but whatever. Point is, discussing Withers is fine, but Terrial shouldn't be here with the Moloch stuff. Wouldn't be good.

Speaking of which, if Terrial was here he would have oddly stood up for Liam. Very strange, but I feel as if despite Terrial's chauvanistic nature he would be insulted at that.

For even though he would gladly point out that a half-orc is a stupid beast and a mutt...I don't know. Probably the nature thing, that Liam is a druid shifter but he also makes his way with the world as a trader.

Maybe Terrial would say it isn't a gnome's place to say who in human lands is or is not n'wah. I'm not sure.

EDIT: Besides, darkestone didn't comment on Terrial's shot.

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 10:58 PM
See, its posts that long about character motivation that is why I love this game.

Well, I see your point there. With that in mind, I'll try to wrap this up a little more quickly. Though I do actually have something with Moko planned to interact with you guys.
And Milo thinks he's the prankster...

EDIT: Also, I'm sad that Moloch won't get the chance to call Terrial N'wah. Ah, well, maybe another time.

thedarkstone
2011-12-28, 11:18 PM
1. Didn't comment on the shot because it was an obvious miss.
2. Sounds like fun, Jzadek!

Swordgeo
2011-12-28, 11:19 PM
Well, my character's usually have odd though processess about as messed up as my own, but about as simple as well. And it sucks, because they're usually not emotions that I would agree with. MY characters...if thy existed, I could while away the hourse chatting with them, even arguing with them.

But yeah, that's why Terrial shouldn't be involved in this. He's a pretty stubborn dude, like I would be if I didn't think things through as much as I usually do.

Well, Moloch can't do anything to Terrial that hasn't been done before. Besides, Moloch on the Prime is about as n'wah as it can get, except if he ws here in person. I dont't know, hearing the devil call him n'wah, even maybe bringing up some of Terrial's memories through mind-reading might make Terrial homocidal, and then extremely depressed.

I don't mind that much, but it is holding up everyone else a wee bit. I'm enjoying it, it's just not OUR scene. It's Luci and Tarn's.

But yes, let us discuss killing Withers.

Jzadek
2011-12-28, 11:43 PM
Well, I am still convinced that Wither's is in fact Zill. In which case, Tarn, while normally pretty level-headed and plan-y is likely to do something very rash.
However, he's still a tactician, even then, so I'm not breaking character by considering a strategy.

Personally, since if it does come to combat, we'll either all die or go to sleep soon after, I'm going to go completely nova. Lore-wise, Zill is pretty powerful. I'm not sure of the level that thedarkstone has given her, but if it is Zill, we're going to want everything we can.

Secondly, I think, if we do a lot of persuading (Luci, I'm looking at you) we can get a high level mage on our team, to even the odds. There's a lot less that'll stand against us if we have Ishmael helping us. Plus, I just love the idea of walking into the household with a lich.

Finally, Lord Millen sounds pretty powerful. After all, darkstone saw fit to include him along with Ismael in people who wouldn't be able to stop Moloch. That means that if we can reveal Withers to be someone else, he might also be a valuable asset. And it just so happens that Tarn has found that he's under the effects of a Transmutation spell. That would just be my word against Wither's, if it weren't for the fact that that reading can be verified with a quick dip into Tarn's mind. And a high level, well I'm guessing Psion, is not to be sniffed at.

So, while narratively I wouldn't be surprised if Withers/Zill? evades us (I'd like a recurring villain anyway) we can make damn sure whoever it is doesn't have an easy job in their escape.

Strategically, if I slap a load of strength buffs on Arvan, invisibility on Milo (repeated sneak attacks for the win!) and fill the battlefield with illusions, that should give us some nice things. And I reckon that if we get Luci into a place for subterfuge, we should be able to catch Withers by surprise. We ought to try and fight in a hallway, which I can fill with grease, allowing Arvan and Oskar to act as meatshields while Samuel and Terrial fire from range, against a target slowed by the oily floor. And if we have Toska at this point, we'll have two divine casters - a whole load of buffy, heally clerical/druidic goodness to utilise.

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 12:04 AM
Strategically, if I slap a load of strength buffs on Arvan, invisibility on Milo (repeated sneak attacks for the win!) and fill the battlefield with illusions, that should give us some nice things. And I reckon that if we get Luci into a place for subterfuge, we should be able to catch Withers by surprise. We ought to try and fight in a hallway, which I can fill with grease, allowing Arvan and Oskar to act as meatshields while Samuel and Terrial fire from range, against a target slowed by the oily floor. And if we have Toska at this point, we'll have two divine casters - a whole load of buffy, heally clerical/druidic goodness to utilise.

Ha! I love you man, platonically of course. That is some strat. Stil though...if Zill is a mega-caster, she can prolly just blast us from range, though putting grease on him/her could orve difficult casting. And with Oskar's dwarven stability, he might be able o stay footed even in the grease, and pound him/her and keep 'em down.

Well, my bet is that if Withers is Zill, it's only cause you THINK it's Zill and gave darkestone the idea. And if he isn't Zill, maybe vice versa. He kinda sucks like that from time to time.

Heh, but I can't complain. I'm faaaar worse. I don't know, our DM never has just NPCs, they gotta be actual people. So yeah, Withers is prolly a badass, but one would think that Millen would know. They prolly even have an arrangement.

And if he isn't, then my sentiments go out to the poor butler. Poor old dude...nobody ever trusts him, nobody thinks he might even be a cool guy...who likes to walk on the beach, and talk philosophy, or...I don't know, play hockey or something lame like that. Who cares.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 12:07 AM
Swordgeo is right on that account; I don't like straw NPCs. So, I make them all memorable. In a variety of ways. But I also like to toy with my players' minds, see if I can mess with them a little bit.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-29, 07:16 AM
It seems I've missed a bit. I am eagerly anticipating my lunch break, when I can comb through the IC and make a post there. Eh, couldn't wait--I've posted IC. That should do it: a combination of lying to friends, appealing to a devil's ego, and reminding him that we can end his wild ride (at least temporarily) should hopefully make him a tad more helpful. The Bluff check is for her PC friends, while her Diplomacy check is for Moloch. I don't know how much Moloch knows, but I'm hoping he's aware that we're discussing what to do with 'Withers,' and the possible destruction of either the fake butler or ourselves should hopefully be enough to appease Moloch for the time being.

A few thoughts from the OOC so far:

We don't need a bunch of high-level clerics; we need one first level cleric. Protection from Evil prevents mind control :smallamused:. That's the reason I was waiting before posting IC--I didn't know if our new cleric would be a good deus ex machina to pop in and "dispossess" Tarn the old-fashioned way. Failing that, there's always scrolls and potions.
Luci wants to go to Millen, make damn sure he puts up some kind of psionic "block us from snoops" mumbo jumbo, and tell him about "Withers." She's well inclined to let him sort it out.
To stay true to character, Luci will take some convincing if the party decides to stay and fight someone who MIGHT be Zill rather than pursuing the circus.

The Big Orc
2011-12-29, 10:51 AM
Well, I see your point there. With that in mind, I'll try to wrap this up a little more quickly. Though I do actually have something with Moko planned to interact with you guys.
And Milo thinks he's the prankster...

Milo doesn't think he is the prankster, he just likes to have fun, and pranking is one method of achieving a quick laugh.

Terrial, I was just looking for a reason to post, I don't really want to go deal with my new party members problems just yet :smalltongue:

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 02:07 PM
Milo doesn't think he is the prankster, he just likes to have fun, and pranking is one method of achieving a quick laugh.

Terrial, I was just looking for a reason to post, I don't really want to go deal with my new party members problems just yet :smalltongue:

Yeah, same here. But depending on our rolls, we might as well spy on them. If we can successfully sneak, we can listen in without getting really involved.

My psychic powers tell me we won't be able to keep uninvolved if I sneak over there.

Big Orc, I think you and me; Terrial and Milo are gonna be great pals. I don't see any way anything is going to happen with us without us meddling...so we might as well go over there. It's expected of us.

I KNEW I was gonna roll bad...my psychic powers never usually don't lie. But I thought I was gonna roll a three on both.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 03:03 PM
Moloch's Eldritch Blast: [roll0]

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 03:10 PM
Did you make an attack roll, ser Jzadek?

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 03:11 PM
I did, but don't worry, it's not what you think. Check the IC post, everything will be explained.

EDIT: I ignored most of the complexities of combat in favour of a more simple thing, since this wasn't actually combat, just an action for dramatic effect. I hope that's okay, if it isn't I can change stuff.

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 03:45 PM
Sorry Swordgeo, but Samuel needs to talk to Tarn alone for a few seconds.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 03:46 PM
You're absolutely fine. Just making sure you know the mechanics!

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 03:54 PM
Sorry Swordgeo, but Samuel needs to talk to Tarn alone for a few seconds.

That's cool. I'm going to help him anyway, but I'm a jerk, so I gotta make the roll anyway(and note that should I succeed, I'll know you tried to cast a spell on me. I won't know what it is, but I'll still know you tried doing something)

[roll0]

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 04:00 PM
Ouch for Sam.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 04:10 PM
Well, there goes a post for Liam.

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 04:17 PM
Kinda messed up. Didn't know you would post before me, and I deleted my post(copying beforehand) not quite reading the bit I read, and misinterpreting.

Reading it, I reposted, and then edited that.

Sorry Sam :smallamused:

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 04:19 PM
You suck at making checks, you know that?

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 04:22 PM
Oh well, it will make for interesting interactions in the future. Especially once Sam goes through some character development and actually cares about all of you, and tries to make up for any crap he's pulled in the past.

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 04:29 PM
You suck at making checks, you know that?

You know I suck at making checks. That's how it's always been. No matter what kind of dice roller too. The dice are always funky with me.

Halae
2011-12-29, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been away. Still have Mono -.-

I think it may be best if I drop entirely. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I can't keep up with the post rate. Especially when sick for potential months.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 04:43 PM
Harnel, if you still have mono, you're fine. We haven't finished a single day yet. So, don't worry about it, really.

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 04:47 PM

I think it may be best if I drop entirely. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I can't keep up with the post rate. Especially when sick for potential months.

I agree. We've done very little already to have you drop. You can't drop yet. We need you and besides, you shall get better.

EDIT: As a sidenote, you don't have to post as often as us, just enough, and I'm sure you'll be able to do that.

Halae
2011-12-29, 04:50 PM
I know, but I feel like I'm holding you guys down, and I don't like that feeling. The anxiety is actually making me worse, I think >.>

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 04:55 PM
No no, you're not keeping us down. We would let you know if you are.

No need for anxiety, you are fine. Should you not be up for continuing if we need you, then we can discuss you leaving us.

As it stands, you are perfectly fine. But we do need you. Who else will act as our self-sustaining tank?

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:00 PM
Swordgeo has a valid point. You are our tank; without you, we lack one of our main combat roles. The only thing holding us back is being awesome roleplayers, and me liking throwing twists at everyone, sometimes one after another.

So, you're not holding anyone back from anything.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 05:01 PM
Yeah, we started a month ago, and we're not even finished day one. We've not even got on the road to adventure. There's no reason you have to drop, or worry about holding us back.

Halae
2011-12-29, 05:02 PM
*nod*

Alright then. Just let me catch up, as i haven't read anything from the IC thread in about a week >.>

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:03 PM
A month and a day, in fact. We've spent a month and a day RPing one day of time. If I was worried about time ever, I know enough not to be now. So, yeah.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 05:06 PM
Also, months is worst case scenario, isn't it? Generally, it resolves itself in a few weeks.

Halae
2011-12-29, 05:08 PM
Not in my experience. I don't get sick often, but when I do it hurts hard and long. :smallsigh:

Besides, my brother got over it not too long ago, and that took him a month and a half

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:11 PM
Well, you'll be fine. If need be, I can pull some DM magic, and have you be kidnapped by the circus. Maybe the constable is a co-conspirator, or was bribed.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 05:12 PM
He's right, actually. I had a friend who had to stop playing for a long while in a campaign. He got taken by giants, and didn't return for about half a year.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:14 PM
He's right, actually. I had a friend who had to stop playing for a long while in a campaign. He got taken by giants, and didn't return for about half a year.
Yeah, in one of Swordgeo's campaigns, I joined, but had to leave early, came back mid-second session. They were about to fight bridge bandits, so my characters were being held captive by said bandits.

I can work something up if need be, so you really don't need to worry about it.

Halae
2011-12-29, 05:32 PM
nah, I'll keep going, if you're willing to work with my spotty posting. No worries on that.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:35 PM
All right, then. If you so choose.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 05:36 PM
That's great. Spotty posting isn't a problem, and we really wouldn't want you to leave over it.
Talking of leaving, has anyone heard from the Anarresti?

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 05:41 PM
Not since you talked to him, no.

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 05:45 PM
Don't worry about it Harnel, we need you and we'll miss you. Being sick sucks, but it's only temporary, don't let it drive you away from something that you enjoy.

And I hope you all like Samuel's motivational speech, or at least Uzi attempt at one.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 05:56 PM
I loved it. I think it gave me the perfect thing to work with, as well.

It's time for Tarn to take care of unfinished business.

EDIT: Also, do you have any idea when Toska will be back?

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 06:10 PM
Liam's a-okay. Tarn has no need to fear retribution from the druid. xD

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 06:23 PM
Todos hasn't been watching as often because he figured we were still several weeks from his entrance, which is sometime tommorrow in game. I keep him posted, but he just hasn't seen the need to post recently.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 06:51 PM
Okay. I was just thinking that if thedarkstone and he wanted to, he could potentially play the journey up to that point.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-29, 07:07 PM

Between Samuel's dark secret and Tarn's dark secret, you're the closest thing Luci has to a normal relationship. Don't go! :smallfrown:

*nod*

Alright then. Just let me catch up, as i haven't read anything from the IC thread in about a week >.>

Sweet! :smallbiggrin:

So, I finally finish typing up an elaborate IC post after a long afternoon of work just to realize that I missed pages of IC posts. Yeesh, I'll have to read and edit as appropriate. Here I just assumed Tarn ran into the woods.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 07:13 PM
Eh, just say that's what she did before he was caught by Terrial. That's too good a post not to keep.

OMG PONIES
2011-12-29, 07:31 PM
I think it all flows perfectly as written, as follows:

Tarn zaps Liam, regains control, and runs off.
Terrial bumps into Tarn in the woods.
Samuel tells Luci to tend to Liam, catches up to Terrial and Tarn, charms away the elf, and talks with Tarn.
Terrial returns to the manor (missing Luci as he knows his way around whereas she's fumbling blind), chats with Liam, and retires to his nearby campsite.
Samuel & Tarn turn back toward the manor just in time to meet up with Luci, who is running into the woods.

Does that sound about right, or should Terrial be present with Samuel and Tarn as they meet back up with Luci? I've edited my post a bit to reflect Luci's reaction to others as well as her reunion with Samuel and Tarn. The flashback still fits, but now there's just something that snaps her back to reality afterwards.

Let me just say, what a great set of posts from everyone!

"...the things that I'm going to do?"

This (and everything that came after it) gave me chills. Samuel, your entire post felt very cinematic--good rousing "I'll kill you if you want but please don't make me kill you" speech :smallbiggrin:. Terrial, good job bringing the loose threads of our party back together in an organic way and reacting entirely in-character. Darkstone, good job facilitating all of our craziness. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am truly blessed to roleplay with this entire group. Yes, even the ones with mono :smalltongue:.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 07:44 PM
This is such a great game. And a really good evening of roleplay, too.

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 07:50 PM
Ah, I love you all. Platonically, of course, but regardless. I throw you plot twists and you deal with them with aplomb. Wonderful, wonderful. I can't wait until this starts to get even more interesting...

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 07:52 PM
Why is it that that just chills my bones? In my experience, "more interesting" tends to mean very bad things are coming.

I can't wait. :smalltongue:

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 07:56 PM
Nor can I, the greater the challenge, the more enjoyable the whole thing becomes.

Thank you ponies, glad you liked it. I pride myself on my motivational speeches both in the realworld and the world of fiction. I
They have saved me and many of my friends and family a lot of grief, so if you ever need to talk down someone or role somebody up, just drop me a message.

Halae
2011-12-29, 08:03 PM
I'll likely be making my next IC post tomorrow. I'll be spending tonight catching up, of course

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 08:04 PM
Oho, you've got some interesting stuff to read through...

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 08:05 PM
Indeed so. Indeed so. And more to come... :smallamused:

I just love to make you guys wonder.

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 08:21 PM
I'm a little nervous we'll end up encountering this, now:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d7bafoAVEwM/Tej7DUftl2I/AAAAAAAAAck/Ajn2vCIJVXs/s1600/CthulhuPowerArmor.jpg

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 08:25 PM
Silly, I won't send Cthulu at you. At the most, you'll just have to fight Asmodeus eventually. :smalltongue:

hpboy111
2011-12-29, 08:26 PM
Love it! And if we should face it, then so be it. We will overcome or die trying, and it will be an awesome fight regardless :smallamused:

Halae
2011-12-29, 08:47 PM
Hell yeah. I love how this is going so far.

Am I the only guy with a character not sitting in the center of dysfunction Junction, though? :smallconfused:

thedarkstone
2011-12-29, 08:48 PM
Liam isn't dysfunctional, but he's a DMPC. Or NPC. Depends on how attached you guys get.

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 09:16 PM
Hell yeah. I love how this is going so far.

Am I the only guy with a character not sitting in the center of dysfunction Junction, though? :smallconfused:

Disfunction junction, that's my function baby. These are some interesting plot twists indeed.

I'm actually surprised that people don't hate Terrial as much as they prolly should. Especially at the moment, after his recent display. I meant for him to be a bit suspicious and untrusted, but as it's gone on he's been quite the jerk.

In fact, he's still uneasy with Luci(but not that bad), he has a large contempt for Sammy, he thinks Tarn is just kinda loopy, and all in all everone buddies with Luci and/or Samuel Terrial has distrust for.

He's cool with Milo though, and he has respect for Liam as a druid. With anyone not already categorized as such, Terrial's just sorta suspicious of them. He's not the trusting type.

Anywho, I'm eager to find out how this is all going to resolve.

On a sidenote, Ponies, I love your big giant flashbacks, but they are freakin' LONG! Too long for me at the moment, as I am not feeling well. I shall try to read it tomorrow.

Which reminds me! With all the "platonic love" going around, I have something to say to all of you.

I love each of you, in a very lustful and perverted way! I advise you to be offended! You should prolly hide as well...

Jzadek
2011-12-29, 09:32 PM
Not feeling well, eh? Oh dear, you have come down with the curse...

Swordgeo
2011-12-29, 11:39 PM
Not feeling well, eh? Oh dear, you have come down with the curse...

If Mandy is a curse then I suppose so. Girl's got teeth and she bit up my arms pretty good. Not that I didn't have it comin'.

And I had some gastro-intestinal problems(which I'm sure all of you wanted to know) but it's gone now.

Me arms be hertin'

Swordgeo
2011-12-30, 07:20 PM
Really?! Geez. That ain't right.

Anyway, nice flashback Ponies.

thedarkstone
2011-12-30, 07:21 PM
Replying to yourself, now, are you?

Swordgeo
2011-12-30, 07:22 PM
Aye. No action all day? I had to. There was no other option.

hpboy111
2011-12-30, 08:18 PM
Have a flashback incoming, I'm just editing it in.

thedarkstone
2011-12-30, 08:20 PM
Interestiiing...

hpboy111
2011-12-30, 09:07 PM
The flashback is up, I hope you all enjoy it.

Swordgeo
2011-12-30, 10:16 PM
I can respect that. Quite good indeed.

hpboy111
2011-12-30, 10:22 PM
Thank you glad you enjoyed. By the way guys, when it comes to big literary pieces like that flashback I just made, please, criticism is greatly appreciated. I enjoy writing but I don't have many people to read and comment on my works so suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated if you have anything to say.

thedarkstone
2011-12-30, 10:37 PM
I've got no criticism for it. If I wanted to rip into it, I might find something, but really, it's perfectly fine.

Jzadek
2011-12-30, 11:17 PM
Cool, new stuff. I'll check it out in a moment.

Since Ponies isn't going to be here for a while, I'm considering changing Tarn's question to Luci to just diving straight into telling them about Withers.

EDIT: Doesn't matter, Samuel's given me a chance to do that anyway. I'll update next I have a chance.

EDIT 2: Nice stuff! Samuel's a really cool character. I love this party...

hpboy111
2011-12-30, 11:50 PM
Thanks, glad you like him.

Swordgeo
2011-12-31, 12:41 AM
Heh. Sorry at he length of that guys. Maybe I should put a spoiler on a great chunk in the middle there. I didn't realise.

The Big Orc
2011-12-31, 12:41 AM
Gah! I missed 1 night of checking and ALL OF THIS HAPPENS! Lolz, well I hope you don't mind that Milo stayed hidden because it lets him get in on a bit of the action. I mean, if he had walked the same way Terrial had, then he'd probably have been seen when Tarn and bowled him over.

Swordgeo
2011-12-31, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I was gonna wait for you, cause I though you were gonna post, but I saw Tarn running away and I thought "He can't just run off!" So I asked darkestone if bowling into Tarn was cool and he loved the idea, so I went with it.

The Big Orc
2011-12-31, 12:46 AM
It was actually pretty sweet. Stop a mad devil/mage/I-am-not-completely-sure-what from taking over the world by accidentally bumping into him? That is just the way to do it.

Swordgeo
2011-12-31, 12:49 AM
Thank 'ee. Did what I thought was right(besides, I failed miserably, so I might as well play it off right?)

Realise now there are plently of typos in what I wrote their. I fixed what I could find, and a grammarical mistake here and there, but I'm a somewhat fast typer, and my mind wanders sometimes...and I never preview my work.

Oh well, it shouldn't be too horrible, and if it is, let me know would you?