PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Slav OOC

Pages : 1 2 [3]

OMG PONIES
2011-12-31, 07:30 AM
Anyway, nice flashback Ponies.

"Thank you" is all about I have time to post. IC coming Tuesday.

Jzadek
2011-12-31, 10:35 AM
Swordgeo, that is some really good stuff. Long, yes, but awesome also. I read every bit of it.

Swordgeo
2011-12-31, 02:11 PM
Swordgeo, that is some really good stuff. Long, yes, but awesome also. I read every bit of it.

Thank you, that means a lot to me. I thought I might as well post some personal stuff, and remembering Luci's post with the rain, I though of the fire, and what Terrial would think about that.

Maybe Terrial should change his favored enemy to "anyone with 'super' powers"

hpboy111
2011-12-31, 02:38 PM
Well, if by "super" powers you mean magic, you shoul take a look at the Occult Slayer prestige class, it's either in Complete Warrior or Complete Arcane, forget which, but it might be what you're looking for as far as an anti-magic class goes.

thedarkstone
2011-12-31, 04:41 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...obligatory plot twist, or some such. :smallbiggrin:

Jzadek
2011-12-31, 04:42 PM
Agh, I think I deserve a medal for resisting the urge to read those...

Also, Star Trek reference = win.

Finally, happy new year, my friends.

thedarkstone
2011-12-31, 04:46 PM
Thank you, and happy new year to you and all of the rest of my wonderful players!

Swordgeo
2011-12-31, 05:03 PM
Well, if by "super" powers you mean magic, you shoul take a look at the Occult Slayer prestige class, it's either in Complete Warrior or Complete Arcane, forget which, but it might be what you're looking for as far as an anti-magic class goes.

I looked at it a long time ago, and it's not what I'm looking for. Terrial doesn't really plan to be a mage-slayer or anything like that, and he doesn't hate them all as a whole.

Terrial has always hated brutes though, and just about all of them. They destroyed his home, no matter how disfunctional, and they've always been creatures he could fight back against.

Plus the fact that the lot of them are stupid, ugly and evil(most of 'em) paired with Terrial's racist tendencies make that a match made in heaven too.

Gotta kill 'em all, Pokemon!

Happy New Year everybody!

thedarkstone
2011-12-31, 05:07 PM
For Samuel's Eyes Only
Samuel knows enough that he can list specific spells of up to 5th level that have the effects Millen inquired into.

Jzadek
2012-01-01, 06:40 PM
I hate to ask this, but as I'm going away for the next two days and won't be on, would it be possible to wait for Tarn before actually going after Zill? I don't mind missing talking to Millen about it, but if it does turn out to be Zill who's Wither's, I'd like to be there when we confront her.

thedarkstone
2012-01-02, 06:29 PM
I hate to ask this, but as I'm going away for the next two days and won't be on, would it be possible to wait for Tarn before actually going after Zill? I don't mind missing talking to Millen about it, but if it does turn out to be Zill who's Wither's, I'd like to be there when we confront her.
You won't need to worry about that... :smallbiggrin:

Jzadek
2012-01-03, 05:47 PM
I've returned to a pretty much empty thread, it seems. Apparently I didn't need to make the request.

But Darkstone, that's ominous...

thedarkstone
2012-01-03, 05:52 PM
We were waiting on you, sirrah! Also, I have three potential opportunities here. Or more. So, it all depends on what I decide fits the plot the best. I'm thinking A, but B could make matters interesting. And C would just be mean.

Jzadek
2012-01-03, 06:00 PM
We were waiting on you, sirrah! Also, I have three potential opportunities here. Or more. So, it all depends on what I decide fits the plot the best. I'm thinking A, but B could make matters interesting. And C would just be mean.

I like the one that isn't mean, funnily enough.

thedarkstone
2012-01-03, 06:13 PM
Riiiiiight. So, I'll go with Option A or B. this is going to get oh so much more fun... :smallbiggrin:

Jzadek
2012-01-03, 06:16 PM
Hopefully that's the nice kind of fun, rather than the Withers-is-angry-Nerull kind of fun. :smallwink:

Swordgeo
2012-01-03, 06:22 PM
Hopefully that's the nice kind of fun, rather than the Withers-is-angry-Nerull kind of fun. :smallwink:

Heh. Aye, me too. I vote for C as well, just to put that out there.

Jzadek
2012-01-03, 06:36 PM
But C is the mean one! Asking a DM for the one he himself says is mean is asking for doom! :smalltongue:

Swordgeo
2012-01-03, 06:46 PM
But C is the mean one! Asking a DM for the one he himself says is mean is asking for doom! :smalltongue:

...so naive...

Doom is fun. I always pick the most horrible option. You have no idea. I'm the anti-metagamer when I D&D. I'll just put it at that before I start typing pages of elaboration.

c...C...C...C...C...chant with me!...C...C!

The Big Orc
2012-01-03, 11:51 PM
I am down for A or C, I think that matters are already interesting enough for now and that interesting materials should be saved for latter.

thedarkstone
2012-01-04, 12:23 AM
...I am just saying, you guys really, really don't want C. If you force me to send C at you, you won't like the consequences.

thedarkstone
2012-01-04, 05:49 PM
Hell, you don't want B, either. Well damn, I'll just roll up 1d3 and see which we end up with.

[roll0]

Jzadek
2012-01-04, 07:34 PM
Hey, A, eh?

(I apologise, that was awful.)

thedarkstone
2012-01-04, 07:39 PM
Ha ha! Indeed. My plan is A; good one, making a pun off of it. So, I should have the result up, oh, ten minutes or so.

Jzadek
2012-01-04, 09:26 PM
Milo is one cruel halfling! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Because making awful jokes seems to be something I'm doing today...

You might even say.... *Puts on sunglasses*
He's a harsh-ling!

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I beg forgiveness.

The Big Orc
2012-01-04, 09:45 PM
Cruel? No. Jerk? Maybe :smallbiggrin:

Jzadek
2012-01-04, 09:47 PM
Cruel? No. Jerk? Maybe :smallbiggrin:

That works better, probably. Cruel is closer to Moloch.

Swordgeo
2012-01-05, 12:23 AM
You might even say.... *Puts on sunglasses*
He's a harsh-ling!

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

:smallbiggrin: Oh man, that is not cool! Seriously.
Whew...never heard that one before. I call em 'arflings meself.

Jzadek
2012-01-09, 10:18 PM
So, we seem to have ground to a halt.

thedarkstone
2012-01-09, 10:32 PM
GRAH. If I've fallen behind, someone PM me. I kept forgetting I was next in line for posting. I'll get that done and the time skip up as soon as possible.

Jzadek
2012-01-09, 11:03 PM
Ah, sorry. I thought that you might have been waiting for other people.

thedarkstone
2012-01-09, 11:06 PM
Ah, sorry. I thought that you might have been waiting for other people.
I thought I might have been too, which was why it took me so long to realize I wasn't. xD

Jzadek
2012-01-09, 11:13 PM
Well, to be fair to you Samuel's not posted yet, nor has Oskar and Arvan, though those last two are to be expected.

So, you had something planned with Toska, didn't you? When'll he be coming in?

OMG PONIES
2012-01-12, 01:57 PM
Is interest waning in our beloved campaign? Three days without a post...Luci is waiting for Withers' responses to Tarn's questions. She'll Sense the crap out of his Motive the entire time, naturally.

Taking 10 on Sense Motive as necessary for a result of 17.

hpboy111
2012-01-12, 05:03 PM
I am still quite interested and have been keeping an eye on it the whole time I haven't posted. I'm sorry but I've been focused on other, more important things recently, namely midterms. Toska is still watching as well and waiting for his time to enter. I will have Samuel go to sleep and get up soon, I'm sorry that I haven't been able to do anything before now.

Jzadek
2012-01-13, 11:30 AM
Is interest waning in our beloved campaign? Three days without a post...Luci is waiting for Withers' responses to Tarn's questions. She'll Sense the crap out of his Motive the entire time, naturally.

I seriously hope not. This is the best campaign I've ever played in.

To get this moving, why not have a good old conversation about character? I'm interested in how Tarn and Luci's friendship is shaping up; there's some good interaction there.I've also enjoyed Terrial and Milo's bonding, but I can't really comment on that. Samuel's also very cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing him opening up to everybody. I kind of see Tarn becoming his mentor figure, though it would be different than usual given Samuel is equal to him in power. Liam's also becoming a definite part of the group, which is nice. Hopefully, he'll survive this, but as an NPC I fear somewhat for the poor guy's safety.

OMG PONIES
2012-01-13, 01:38 PM
I'm interested in how Tarn and Luci's friendship is shaping up; there's some good interaction there.

Aye, as am I. The way I see it, men have done much worse to Luci after knowing her far less, so she's not going to hold a grudge against Tarn. She's very anti-Moloch (but mainly because the things he's said about Asmodeus haven't started to click for her yet), so right now she's trying to help Tarn without him (and thus, Moloch) knowing it. Once we get a cleric in the party, it should get even better. Of course, as Luci learns more about her connection to Asmodeus, she's begrudgingly want Moloch around for information, so we'll develop some nice tension there: which is more important to her, knowing about her past or preserving the life of her friend? I still haven't decided whether Luci is going to lean good or evil as the campaign goes on.

I've also enjoyed Terrial and Milo's bonding, but I can't really comment on that.

I like the "black sheep gotta stick together" vibe the two of them have set up. I see them sitting back in the shadows and rolling their eyes at each other as the rest of our characters have a sing-along or something equally corny.

Samuel's also very cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing him opening up to everybody.

Yeah, as a player I'm seeing all this juicy backstory bubbling up, but Luci as a character knows almost zilch about it. Once she learns more about Asmodeus' interest in her and Samuel's connections to that world, it should get interesting.

Liam's also becoming a definite part of the group, which is nice. Hopefully, he'll survive this, but as an NPC I fear somewhat for the poor guy's safety.

...says the only one to zap him with an eldritch blast so far. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Just read the below in our DM's signature, so it seems like he's away for about two weeks...

A NOTE: I'm currently trying to learn a drum set solo for an event on the 28th, so I'll be here a lot less. Those of you I haven't posted for recently, I apologize, but it may be a little lot longer. I have 17 days to learn a piece. Miracle required.

With that in mind, perhaps we should put a pin in interrogating Withers and just have some more IC interactions...breakfast, perhaps?

thedarkstone
2012-01-13, 03:58 PM
I won't be away, per se. I'll just be on less. :smalltongue: It was a fluke that the day after that I had no time to get on because of auditions for Footloose and going to the store and Mother being a computer thief. (By the way, I got two minor, named roles, which I am more than happy with)

So, I can absolutely continue anything, I just wanted to let everyone know I also might be a little bit more stressed out than normal, too. But, I'm still here! For the most part.

Swordgeo
2012-01-15, 12:38 PM
I like the "black sheep gotta stick together" vibe the two of them have set up. I see them sitting back in the shadows and rolling their eyes at each other as the rest of our characters have a sing-along or something equally corny.

Heh. Well, I don't know about Milo, but Terrial was rather serious. I do see Terrial rolling his eyes as the group is doing something corny...he's one of my characters that actually wouldn't partake.

Sorry for my non-posting, I've been distracted and forgetful. I think that might be afflicting all of us. Hopefully if enough of us post, everyone else will get into gear and post themselves. I surely hope nothing bad happens to us.

P.S. Terrial is surely going to have a flashback dream...I'm just not sure what kind. But I have an idea.

The Big Orc
2012-01-15, 06:05 PM
Hmmm, Milo probably wouldn't sit back and roll his eyes while others sing, he'd probably be leading the singing, and running around dancing. All the while picking pockets... I mean doing cartwheels :P

Jzadek
2012-01-16, 09:51 AM
How long did we have last night not doing anything? If we had long enough, I might have Tarn have had created a few spells in that time.

Yeesh, those weren't pleasant tenses to play with.

Anyway, assuming that he didn't get to create any new spells:

Cantrips
Mage Hand
Touch of Fatigue

1st Level
Silent Image
Colour Spray
Grease

2nd Level
Invisibility
Animalistic Power (Seekers Song, if possible)

I've taken Touch of Fatigue twice. That isn't a typo, I've just noticed the text "A fatigued character becomes exhausted by doing something else that would normally cause fatigue."

Exhausted means -6 to strength and dexterity, as well as half speed. If that isn't a cantrip worth taking twice, I don't know what it.

thedarkstone
2012-01-19, 09:57 PM
Players! Need I beat you into submission? I'm awaiting other people to post, so that Jzadek's character is not the only one being acknowledged.

OMG PONIES
2012-01-20, 12:49 AM
I'm awaiting Withers' response to Tarn. If need be, I could post superfluous conversation in the meantime...

hpboy111
2012-01-20, 07:27 AM
Midterms finish today. I will post later today, and there will be much celebration at home. Sorry that's it's taken so long but I really needed good grades on these.

thedarkstone
2012-01-20, 11:29 AM
I'm awaiting Withers' response to Tarn. If need be, I could post superfluous conversation in the meantime...
Ah, all right then. That makes sense. Next time, please tell me? :smallbiggrin:

Midterms finish today. I will post later today, and there will be much celebration at home. Sorry that's it's taken so long but I really needed good grades on these.
That is understandable; I had finals yesterday and the day before, so I get where that is coming from. Good luck (slightly retroactively)!

I'll make a Withers post, but then I expect you all to start being active again (unless you're HP, in which case you've already notified me of why you can't). :smallamused:

Jzadek
2012-01-20, 06:10 PM
Holy... You made things much, much more interesting!

thedarkstone
2012-01-20, 06:26 PM
Holy... You made things much, much more interesting!
*takes a bow*

I try.

Jzadek
2012-01-20, 06:32 PM
And succeed! When I logged on and saw that...
I'm typing a response now, but it may be a while - it's quite long.

thedarkstone
2012-01-20, 06:35 PM
And succeed! When I logged on and saw that...
I'm typing a response now, but it may be a while - it's quite long.
I thought it would make matters more interesting.

Jzadek
2012-01-20, 07:06 PM
Post is up! Thank you so much for that, you gave me a lot to work with.

thedarkstone
2012-01-20, 07:18 PM
Post is up! Thank you so much for that, you gave me a lot to work with.
Oh, no problem. As for how much you discern with that... You can tell that she has taken over his mind, and it reeks of devilish power. Possession, likely, but you cannot tell.

And now, I do dishes, then reply.

thedarkstone
2012-01-20, 09:19 PM
Essentially, we have some heavy foreshadowing this post. And this makes it even more interesting. Ah, but I love this campaign...

Also, for those of you others with enemies, you'll have your expository episodes. Oh, yes, you'll have your time with foes, all right. *giggles maniacally* :smallbiggrin:

OMG PONIES
2012-01-20, 11:08 PM
Ah, all right then. That makes sense. Next time, please tell me? :smallbiggrin:

Ah, but I did, most noble DM.

Will post IC ASAP, maybe tomorrow but maybe not until Monday. Travelling out of town for a funeral.

Jzadek
2012-01-21, 07:33 AM
Oh dear! Are you okay?

OMG PONIES
2012-01-21, 07:54 AM
Oh dear! Are you okay?

But of course; it's not my funeral. :smallamused: In all seriousness, it was my wife's great-aunt. It's tougher for her mother than it is for us.

Jzadek
2012-01-21, 09:07 AM
Ponies, I'm glad to hear you're okay, but still, I'm sorry for your loss, and for the loss of your wife's mother. If you can't post, don't worry about it.

Oh, no problem. As for how much you discern with that... You can tell that she has taken over his mind, and it reeks of devilish power. Possession, likely, but you cannot tell.

This is interesting... When combined with this:

"As for my allies...let's just say I have friends now that you would be wise to fear. Their power is the reason I'm even able to chat with you right now, through the body of this poor unfortunate fool."

I think we might be fighting devils sooner than we thought.

EDIT: I've started to type up a reply, but I've got to go somewhere for a while. I'll finish it later tonight.

I'm so glad this game's picked up steam again. Soon, we shall be off, hopefully meet the final member of our team, and find and confront this circus...

OMG PONIES
2012-01-21, 10:24 AM
Sorry, is Luci present for the Tarn/Zill conversation? I thought she was, but then Tarn told Moko to go get her...

Jzadek
2012-01-21, 04:50 PM
Sorry, is Luci present for the Tarn/Zill conversation? I thought she was, but then Tarn told Moko to go get her...

Oh, I hadn't realised she was. That's changeable, we can say she is, I'm sure. My bad.

thedarkstone
2012-01-21, 04:56 PM
Ah, but I did, most noble DM.

Will post IC ASAP, maybe tomorrow but maybe not until Monday. Travelling out of town for a funeral.
Ah...well, erm...

Well, I suppose I was waiting for the others to say something. However, I shouldn't have. :smallamused: You should have poked me sooner, though. :smallbiggrin:

Also, support goes out to you! Deaths in the family always suck. If that sounded insincere, it wasn't, trust me! Take the spirit of what I meant, less so the words, to heart!

Jzadek
2012-01-21, 08:53 PM
Ah...well, erm...

Well, I suppose I was waiting for the others to say something. However, I shouldn't have. :smallamused: You should have poked me sooner, though. :smallbiggrin:

Also, support goes out to you! Deaths in the family always suck. If that sounded insincere, it wasn't, trust me! Take the spirit of what I meant, less so the words, to heart!

He said it far better than I did. I think I owe you an apology - looking back at my post, I look very insensitive, mixing it in with game chatter. That was only because I'd already written that when I'd read your post, and appearing to trivialise it was not my intention. Sorry.

OMG PONIES
2012-01-21, 09:49 PM
No need to walk on eggshells; there was no offense or insensitivity.

Jzadek
2012-01-21, 10:56 PM
Okay, good to know. It's hard to communicate that sort of thing over the internet, I'm never sure if I seem like I'm being insincere.

hpboy111
2012-01-22, 08:11 AM
My sympathies go out to you and your family as well.

Jzadek
2012-01-26, 07:13 PM
Hello? Is there anyone there?

thedarkstone
2012-01-26, 07:25 PM
Hello? Is there anyone there?
Sorry, I've been trying to figure out how to respond; I also have to finish writing three poems for a scholarship by the end of the month. So...I'm a bit crammed.

thedarkstone
2012-01-26, 07:54 PM
All right, so, now that the post is posted, you are given a choice; seek out your friend, or stay true to the mission. Millen will not begrudge you either way. He understands the need to seek out ones closest friends and family and return them to safety; after all, that is why he hired you.

However, Liam has given you the opportunity. The party can split; part of you seeking out Verona, part of you seeking out Saul. Liam has several allies he can call upon that can (maybe) fill the needed party slots (or some of them) for either group. So, do you leave Saul to possible doom, or rescue him and leave the party with NPC help?

If you choose leaving him to (almost) certain doom, then nothing else is necessary.

If you choose a daring rescue, then at the top of the posts (upon party split) denote which group you are a member of centered and in bold. The groups can be named by you, the players.

hpboy111
2012-01-26, 08:47 PM
I am always here, waiting patiently for responses.

OMG PONIES
2012-01-27, 07:13 AM
I also have to finish writing three poems for a scholarship by the end of the month. So...I'm a bit crammed.

Intrigued to read them, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

thedarkstone
2012-01-27, 09:17 AM
Here's three of them.

A Nameless Poem

Eternity sleeps as Darkness calls
With its clarion call of hate.
Beneath the surface evil crawls,
Bane of all of fate.

Hope is swallowed by that side,
Always and forever.
It is best to try to run and hide
From the King of the land of Never.

Just then, the trumpet of the Light
Calls out its tempestuous song.
Holy heroes arrive to fight
Against the doers of wrong.

The two sides look upon each other,
Neither sure of their power
But then, Light King cries to his brother,
“Do not but sit there and glower!”

At that, Light King orders a strike
And the men gladly deliver.
A man charges with a pike
To become a human quiver.

“You have erred, brother mine,”
Calls laughing the King of Never.
He then cries out a command trine,
“Kill them, crush them, sever!”

The two sides warred an endless time,
Neither gaining on the other.
The fighting seemed nearly sublime,
Though it be brother con brother.

But then, the side of Dark
Fell to a mighty blow.
The King of Light peered at his mark,
Fallen quite far below.

And then Light King meets his demise
Like his endarkened brother.
And peers with slowly closing eyes
The figure of another.

“Eternity,” a cry of pain,
“Why strike me down now so?”
A gentle sigh, a sound quite plain,
Came from the being, slow.

“Not Light nor Dark stand against time,”
Speaks the being nigh,
“Both fight, both die; such is your crime,
And now, right there, you lie.”

The King of Light breathes out just then,
His final breath of life.
Thus, it is shown clear again;
There is meaningless strife.

But even so, there is one thing
Which stops all wars of might.
Time eternal reigns the king,
Changing our wrongs to right.

~~~

Concrete Shadows

Ephemeral, fleeting, and yet, somehow,
Everlasting, everpresent. Shadows
Of a long forgotten past in which we
Lived and loved and lose. Both elusive and
Illusive, images at the edge of
Our vision; sometimes taunting and sometimes
Tormenting, yet we cling to them all the
Same. For in the end, all we truly have
In life is the shadowy remnants of
Our past. Some cling to their mental image
Of what once was, some toss it aside as
If it were naught. Yet always the umbra
Remains of import, remains secreted
Away, still held within the unconscious,
Occasionally to resurface. Each
And every moment, new shadows are
Cast, are etched into the mind, are brought back
Up by our conscious thoughts. Every day,
We make and receive new ones. Memories.

~~~

The Other Side

You know, kid, it's rather odd
To have a condition like mine.
I mean, who else do you know
With another person in their brain?

Exactly. No one, except crazy people,
But you aren't crazy, or so I think,
And it doesn't matter if I am
Because I'm the other personality.

Sharing a body with you is odd,
And I know you're asleep and can't
Hear me right now, but still,
I felt like it needed to be said.

I hope I get my own body someday
So I don't have to deal with your
Happy-go-lucky attitude. To tell the truth,
Though, I think I'd miss you.

Seriously, I'm not joking here.
Your optimism tempers my realism.
You keep me sane, oddly enough,
Seeing as how we share the same brain.

You draw your power from the Light;
I'm the opposite, Darkness is my friend,
And, in the event of our separation,
My sole companion. Which isn't ideal.

So, kid, don't lose faith in Light;
Don't let them steal away your hope.
And, whatever you do, stay away from
Guys like me.

OMG PONIES
2012-01-27, 01:28 PM
I just now realized: writing in the third-person present tense is annoying. I've already had to do a few edits here and there for tense agreement; anyone take issue with me switching to third-person past tense? I see some others are using it too.

...Both elusive and
Illusive, images at the edge of
Our vision; sometimes taunting and sometimes
Tormenting, yet we cling to them all the
Same...

My favorite bit out of all three. But then again, I'm a sucker for wordplay; I'm definitely not homophonophobic.

Jzadek
2012-01-27, 05:46 PM
@ Thedarkstone - That's some really great stuff! I wish I could do poetry, but I really can't. I'll leave it to the pros. Concrete Shadows was the best one, I think, as Ponies said, the wordplay was clever, and I like the quality of it's rhythm.

On the subject of Tarn's choice - I'm stuck, and not just for in-game reasons. I think it would be really fun to hunt down Zill, and I'd like to stay true to Tarn's character, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to leave some of the others behind, and really don't want to end up making this game all about Tarn, which would be very easy to do if I went after Zill. Anyone got any advice/preferences for which path to choose?

hpboy111
2012-01-27, 08:04 PM
Well written, a good read. I like them, thanks for sharing.

And to Jzadek, is Tarn the kind of guy who fulfill's previous obligations regardless of circumstances? Is he the kind of guy who would rush to a friends aid regardless of potential peril? Now ask those same questions about you. Does Tarn want to wait until he knows what the others will be doing maybe? I really don't know how to help you make this descision. Samuel will pursue te course that draws him closer to his goals, sticking with you is one way to do that, and if he discovers Zill has devil allies, he has a reason for chasing Zill. So I can assure you, he's following YOU whichever path you might choose.

Jzadek
2012-01-27, 10:54 PM
Well, I'll have to think about it - would anyone particularly mind if we pursued Zill/Pursued the circus?

Also, thedarkstone - I've just noticed that tomorrow is your drum solo. Good luck!

thedarkstone
2012-01-28, 03:36 PM
Well, I'll have to think about it - would anyone particularly mind if we pursued Zill/Pursued the circus?

Also, thedarkstone - I've just noticed that tomorrow is your drum solo. Good luck!
Thanks; I had to drop the event due to not knowing the full solo yet. I'll be learning it still, but there isn't as much pressure to learn it since there is no time limit.

Also, thanks everyone for the compliments on my poetry! Submitting those and a few others, still with only their concepts as working titles, but as soon as I finish, I'll send them to Knox. Hopefully, I get a good amount of money towards college for this. If you'd like, when I come up with titles for the next three, I can post them up.

All right, so how is this group-thing going down? Either way, I'm good; however, Millen will be more than slightly upset with you if ALL of you go after Zill, and Ishmael won't help you if you're not going after the circus. So...choices, choices.

As an aside, I went to the D&D Experience today. Playtested 5th edition with Swordgeo. It was amazing. Can't say anything about the system (NDA and all) but I absolutely loved it. The group was awesome, and our adventure was hilarious and wonderful.

Jzadek
2012-01-28, 06:58 PM
What I would give to live in the States...
So, no gameplay details, but how does it rate compared to 3.5 (are you allowed to speak about that, at least?) Does it live up to it's claim to unite us all again?

thedarkstone
2012-01-28, 06:59 PM
What I would give to live in the States...
So, no gameplay details, but how does it rate compared to 3.5 (are you allowed to speak about that, at least?) Does it live up to it's claim to unite us all again?
I believe it lives up to its claims in all ways.

Jzadek
2012-01-31, 08:19 PM
Tarn's image at the end is his once per day Gnomish ability for Prestidigation.

OMG PONIES
2012-01-31, 10:12 PM
Darn it, Jzadek! You shouldn't be able to consistently get a grown man so choked up!

thedarkstone
2012-02-02, 07:30 AM
All right, expect a post from me tonight. Also, expect to wrap up the Millen residence stuff by tomorrow.

Jzadek
2012-02-03, 06:01 PM
It'll be nice to get out on the road, start adventuring, possibly meet Toska.

thedarkstone
2012-02-03, 06:18 PM
It'll be nice to get out on the road, start adventuring, possibly meet Toska.
I'm working on the post. School has been interfering with my posting activity lately. However, this weekend I should have a good amount of time.

Jzadek
2012-02-05, 10:40 PM
So, does anyone want to post? I'm out of the room at the moment, so...

Jzadek
2012-02-14, 01:24 AM
It's been a full week now since anyone has posted. This isn't about to die, is it?

hpboy111
2012-02-14, 06:00 AM
I REALLY hope not. But you and I seem to be the only ones who still have a close eye on the thread so...

OMG PONIES
2012-02-14, 07:37 AM
Still here as well, just don't have anything else to say before heading out. I guess Luci could go to town and start gathering information on the location of the circus, but it seemed kind of roundabout when we have a tracker in the party.

Jzadek
2012-02-14, 08:05 AM
Hmm. Shall we give it a couple of days, then PM thedarkstone and Swordgeo then? I'm not expecting Harnel and the Anarresti, but I'm surprised that they've not been active for a while.

The Big Orc
2012-02-14, 10:39 AM
I am still here, hope this doesn't die. Was looking forward to learning more about all of your characters.

Jzadek
2012-02-14, 11:41 AM
Me too. See, we have basically everyone here that's expected to be, and we've all posted recently. The only people we need to post now are Swordgeo, and, unfortunately, the DM, without whom this game can't survive at all.

thedarkstone
2012-02-14, 01:01 PM
I'm still here, just trying to figure out how to get you all to the next stage of the adventure. Have no fear! I plan on running this to its successful conclusion.

I've also been terribly busy because I'm trying to put together a poetry book to publish, practicing for Footloose, and I've been trying to meet minimum social standards for maintaining interpersonal relations.

But, I'm working on balancing my time. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas to pitch at me, go ahead and PM them to me. Swordgeo I have been yelling at to post, and he'll get to it, probably tonight.

Jzadek
2012-02-15, 04:59 PM
Ah, good to know it's just busy-ness and not the end.

Swordgeo
2012-02-18, 02:26 PM
Heh. And he said that everyone was yelling at me to post.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. First it was distractions from a chaotic life where epople won't leave me alone, followed by procrastination. I've been thinking about other campaigns. Ones going on at the moment, some in the past, and some I wish to start. Either way, here I be, so I'll check out the IC and see what's going on.

Party splitting opportunity, eh? That's only ever happened to me once in my whole D&D career.

EDIT: Hee hee. I'm a little sleep deprived and am still recovering from some exhausting partying, so maybe my post was a bit odd. Me thinks Terrial might've gotten high from something. What do y'all think?

thedarkstone
2012-02-18, 09:00 PM
All right, when Civ V ISN'T stealing my soul, I'll post. AKA tomorrow. Or later tonight.

hpboy111
2012-02-19, 09:33 PM
I'll let Toska know he's up, I'm seeing him tomorrow for a real life session.

thedarkstone
2012-02-19, 09:34 PM
Thank you kindly. I hope that we can actually meet up with the circus in the next week or so. :smallbiggrin:

Swordgeo
2012-02-19, 10:21 PM
For those of you who read Plot Development Spoiler #2

Asmodeus? Is he taking an interest in the group? Why would he do such a thing? "On their way"? Is there a trap in store for our adventurers? Perhaps. Perhaps you misread it. Either way, things just got more interesting.

...sigh. Massive soul-crushing disapproval stuffed sigh. Then a normal sigh again.

thedarkstone
2012-02-19, 10:27 PM
Ahem. Spoiler.

thedarkstone
2012-02-23, 04:03 PM
Ahem. Anyone alive out there?

hpboy111
2012-02-23, 05:17 PM
Yep. I told Toska to post, he may have forgotten about it, unfortunately I'm not in the ideal position to talk to him right now. I'll try facebooking him, see what happens.

OMG PONIES
2012-02-24, 12:57 PM
Sorry, still here...just didn't want to hog the spotlight.

Jzadek
2012-02-27, 07:35 PM
Just to say, I'm still here, I've just not posted because I'm still not sure what to say. If I don't get anything in, don't wait for me, I may find the inspiration strikes when some more developments take place.

In other news, I've started recruiting for a new game based around a mage's college (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12802014#post12802014). Since I've enjoyed playing with you guys so much here, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it.

thedarkstone
2012-02-27, 08:08 PM
Toska is getting a PM. :smallsigh:

Swordgeo
2012-03-05, 05:59 PM
Knock knock, anyone around?

Any OOTS readers among us, what do you guys think of our most recent comics?

hpboy111
2012-03-05, 06:29 PM
I'm here, I feel sorry for V. Huge burden to bear.

OMG PONIES
2012-03-05, 06:30 PM
Still around. I was waiting for Toska to post, but I'll stop waiting since this game needs a firm kick in the rear to get back up and running. I love this group too much to let it peter out.

And I've been loving the past two OOTS; finally V realizes the consequence of his her V's actions :smalltongue:.

The Big Orc
2012-03-05, 06:43 PM
I am still here

Wow, those past two oots, I mean, we should have expected the familicide spell to come into play, but I wouldn't have thought that would have happened, I expected a large portion of all dragons to be dead due to cross breeding not a human family to be eradicated.

OMG PONIES
2012-03-05, 07:15 PM
Posted IC to stir the pot. Darkstone, should we send some PMs to the other players? I know Jzadek's still active; I just joined the game he's DMing :smalltongue:. Maybe we need to hit the recruitment threads, too, if it seems some of our party have dropped off. I've also got two groups of really active players in two other campaigns I could mine for players if we needed to fill out the ranks.

Jzadek
2012-03-05, 08:10 PM
Yay! There is life in this thread!

OOTS just gets better and better. I have honestly no idea where Rich is taking this, but I know it will be somewhere awesome. The whole Familicide arc is just story-telling at it's best. I've never seen the drunk-on-power thing done so well, and I love how it's affected V.

Hpboy, d'you think you'd be able to get in touch with Toska soon?

hpboy111
2012-03-05, 08:42 PM
I have, he's working on it but he's in some deep trouble with grades so he's having trouble getting on.

thedarkstone
2012-03-05, 09:16 PM
One, Ponies, wonderful post. Two, I may have to change Toska's meeting spot to later on, if he is unavailable, and have this be some random NPC cleric instead.

Three, I'm not giving up on you guys. Not by a long shot.

OMG PONIES
2012-03-05, 09:23 PM
Three good things to hear. Glad you liked my post; I was afraid that the brevity of this flashback would cause it to be less immersive than my other ones.

Jzadek
2012-03-14, 07:11 PM
Okay, hopefully that'll galvanise things. Hpboy, get Toska to get his holy half-elven behind over here. We need to meet Brazius DeTotorro.

OMG PONIES
2012-03-14, 07:41 PM
I'm just glad to see another person making IC posts!

hpboy111
2012-03-14, 09:01 PM
Consider it done. Even if I must drag his behind through hot coals to get him over here.

thedarkstone
2012-03-22, 06:23 AM
My friends, I make my glorious and triumphant return! Footloose was a great success, and I've learned I have quite the talent for singing. Not anything I could go into as a field, but much more so than I had once thought.

So, if Toska doesn't post by tomorrow night, I'll write up a response soon and hold it until 8:00 EST (Indiana time), when it will go up. So, there's the deadline. For reference, at the time I make this post, it is 7:23 am. So, in 37 hours from this moment, assuming Toska does not post, I will make my own post.

OMG PONIES
2012-03-22, 04:59 PM
Our mighty DM makes his furious return!

Jzadek
2012-03-24, 06:30 PM
NOOOOOOO! What an awful bluff check.

thedarkstone
2012-03-24, 06:36 PM
Ha, this makes things much better.

hpboy111
2012-03-25, 05:35 PM
Excellent, wecome back, I'll be posting soon.

OMG PONIES
2012-04-04, 12:28 PM
Everyone still here? I'm waiting on others to post in the IC.

thedarkstone
2012-04-05, 07:53 PM
HP said he'd be posting soon, so I've been waiting on him.

Halae
2012-04-16, 04:27 PM
*is suddenly back*

Hey guys, miss me? I'm here to tell you that I'm going to cathc up on the game and decide whether or not that i want to keep playing the character i had before, seeing as it's been so long. just telling you that you'll be seeing more of me.

OMG PONIES
2012-04-16, 08:46 PM
Harnel is back! Luci has a friend again!

Jzadek
2012-04-18, 06:38 PM
Somebody post! Please! This game is too good to lose.

thedarkstone
2012-04-24, 06:52 PM
All right, so, I just wanted to let you know, Jzadek, that you rolled 12d0 for your second roll. Also, you fail at identifying the spell.

OMG PONIES
2012-04-25, 06:11 AM
Would a d0 just be a ball?

Jzadek
2012-04-25, 04:09 PM
All right, so, I just wanted to let you know, Jzadek, that you rolled 12d0 for your second roll. Also, you fail at identifying the spell.

And somehow got seventeen. I think the forum's maths is a bit awry.

Anyhoo, sorry about that. Let's try that again...

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2012-04-25, 07:09 PM
And somehow got seventeen. I think the forum's maths is a bit awry.

Au contraire, mon freir. On a d0, the only side is assumed to be a 1. So you rolled 12 1s and then added 5, for a total of 17. The forum's basic arithmetic prowess is unparalleled.

thedarkstone
2012-04-25, 07:58 PM
Ponies is right on that.
EDIT: Except it is "frère".

[roll0] (Gaggle of Clerics)
[roll1] (Philosopher Cleric/Scholar person)

OMG PONIES
2012-06-25, 04:56 PM
I keep checking back in this thread, hoping for signs of life...anyone else around?

thedarkstone
2012-06-28, 09:10 PM
Still here, got temporarily kerscuffled. I've been waiting on our halfling friend and some of the others to post.

Jzadek
2012-06-30, 02:25 PM
I'm here, and ready to play if life returns.

thedarkstone
2012-07-16, 02:27 AM
Apologies for the late response. I wish to inject life into this. All those willing to return, say some form of yes in this OOC. I'll see if I can attract new interest to replace those lost, if possible.

I'm not going to make excuses as for why I've been away. I just don't want to let this gem be lost, considering what a stellar group we had. I took you all for granted, and now that I've realized what it truly is that I have here, it may be too late.

I'm sorry, everyone, for the lack of attention this group has been getting from me. I'd like you to know that I'm bringing it back into focus. This is receiving the closest to my full attention I can give it at this time.

Assuming you're still on board.

OMG PONIES
2012-07-16, 06:43 AM
Some form of yes! For heaven's sake, some form of YES!

thedarkstone
2012-07-16, 03:21 PM
Some form of yes! For heaven's sake, some form of YES!

Well, glad to know someone's excited. xD

Swordgeo
2012-07-23, 07:38 PM
I suppose I'm good to continue. If we do lose a lot of our group, seeing as we had a lot of odd character-specific relationships that might strain things with the disappearance of the folks...

...sorry if I don't make sense, I'm distracted right now. Point is, if we're down enough people we could restart a whole new "campaign" within, well, the exact same world. Essentially retconning everything that has happened so far. If Darky doesn't want to do different plot twists, then us originals will have an advantage, but only for the intro, which is a very pittily and short-lasting one.

Just a suggestion.

Also, I kinda don't wanna play Terrial anymore. He is the only character I MADE to be a stock character, so as to not hog any spotlight from you fine roleplayers. Then Darky told me not to make him a stock character...but Terrial IS a stock character, so I just can't develop him.
Long story short, if we continue, I want to have him killed. If we restart, Imma make someone else, dig?

As a sidenote, I was gonna start calling Thedarkstone the uh...N-word from now on, but I'm 80% sure that's against forum rules. So as to not incur that BS and avoid racist accusations, I won't. :smallbiggrin:

Jzadek
2013-06-04, 11:42 AM
It's been a long time, almost a year now, but I was thinking about this game recently and realized that there's only two months until this OOC thread goes away. This is still the best game I've ever been in, and I don't want to lose it, even though I suspect I already have.

So I wanted to ask you all - are you still there? Have we all moved on, or would there be a chance to maybe start this game up again?

hpboy111
2013-06-04, 04:19 PM
Oh my gosh, IT'S ALIVE! It's been quite a while. I'm still around, and yeah, I agree, this was a lot of fun. It was also the very first PbP that I ever participated in. I enjoyed both the game and my fellow players. Even if this game doesn't pick up again, I'd love to play something with you guys again.

Jzadek
2013-06-04, 06:08 PM
Hey, I got a reply!

Yeah, I'd agree with that, even if not this game, another with the same people would be great.

OMG PONIES
2013-06-04, 08:49 PM
It's been a long time, almost a year now, but I was thinking about this game recently and realized that there's only two months until this OOC thread goes away. This is still the best game I've ever been in, and I don't want to lose it, even though I suspect I already have.

So I wanted to ask you all - are you still there? Have we all moved on, or would there be a chance to maybe start this game up again?

Hey, I got a reply!

Yeah, I'd agree with that, even if not this game, another with the same people would be great.

Oh heavens yes! :biggrin:

I loved my character, the game, and all of y'all. Let's do this like nudist Buddhists with a lack of jurisprudence!

Jzadek
2013-06-04, 08:52 PM
Ponies! Good to see you! That's you and HPboy now, it's looking good for our hopes of putting this back together again.

Halae
2013-06-04, 09:50 PM
I'd rather reboot than pick up where we left off, but I'll go for it.

Jzadek
2013-06-04, 09:56 PM
Hey! More folks! Good to see you, Harnel.

Personally, I'd rather keep going, given a little time to catch up, but that's just me. I feel like we sort of built up a nice dynamic together and an interesting story was developing. What are everyone's thoughts? Perhaps a flashforward in time might be a good compromise - that way, we keep what we had, but can sort of be 'restarting' in a way too? I don't know, just throwing out thoughts.

Halae
2013-06-04, 10:25 PM
Between the fact that I lost track of the game at some point and my shet got wiped due to age, I'd actually rather play a different character.

The Big Orc
2013-06-05, 12:04 AM
Howdy, I would be in, if we picked up were we left off I will need to attempt to recreate my character (even a year latter, I have a pretty good idea of how to recreate my little halfling rogue/troublemaker)
However, I would prefer to reboot than pick up as well just because of the length of time since the game was last active

Jzadek
2013-06-05, 05:54 AM
Good to see you again, TheBigOrc.

The Big Orc
2013-06-05, 11:18 AM
Good to see you as well

OMG PONIES
2013-06-06, 04:03 PM
Look at us, getting a real party together here!

Between the fact that I lost track of the game at some point and my shet got wiped due to age, I'd actually rather play a different character.

I'd have to redo Luci's sheet, but I don't want to play another character. I've tried to revive Luci for a few other PbPs, but they never really got off the ground. I still want to use flashbacks as a character development device, because I thought it was really cool when everyone else started getting into it. What do you all think?

Jzadek
2013-06-06, 07:49 PM
So we are :smallwink:. I agree I loved the flashbacks, they were pretty great. I've actually go Tarn's sheet kicking around, too.

But unfortunately, this is all academic until our DM gets back to us.

The Big Orc
2013-06-06, 10:27 PM
Until our dm gets back or we get a new dm, it would be nice to get darkstone back but he may be unavailable

Halae
2013-06-06, 10:53 PM
Flashbacks as a character development device still sound pretty great to me

thedarkstone
2013-06-12, 02:42 PM
Look at us, getting a real party together here!

I'd have to redo Luci's sheet, but I don't want to play another character. I've tried to revive Luci for a few other PbPs, but they never really got off the ground. I still want to use flashbacks as a character development device, because I thought it was really cool when everyone else started getting into it. What do you all think?

Sorry about one of those. ^^;;

Also, I loved this and was sorry to have seen it go. I would love to continue, if anyone wanted to. I have long thought how I would continue this, if I was able to.

Personally, I would prefer to continue; I can work new characters into the existing narrative, if that's any concern.

I have somewhat spotty internet currently. I may be getting a new desktop from my father, though, so we'll see how that goes.

OMG PONIES
2013-06-12, 05:08 PM
Our DM is back too? Whoo boy, the band is back together!

Jzadek
2013-06-12, 06:04 PM
Yay! Darkstone, great to have you back! We're all reunited.

I've said it before, I'd really like to continue with our characters in some way. I've been reading over the IC thread to get a re-handle on everything, and I really like Tarn and the dynamic a lot of us had together. I wouldn't want to lose that, though obviously if people were switching out I wouldn't mind changing it.

thedarkstone
2013-06-13, 07:48 PM
Yay! Darkstone, great to have you back! We're all reunited.

I've said it before, I'd really like to continue with our characters in some way. I've been reading over the IC thread to get a re-handle on everything, and I really like Tarn and the dynamic a lot of us had together. I wouldn't want to lose that, though obviously if people were switching out I wouldn't mind changing it.

Good to be back. I was actually informed about this by my close personal friend (one might say best friend), Swordgeo, who I'm rooming with. Most of the time.

Anywho, yeah, I may have also copy-pasted and downloaded the entirety of the IC thread so that I could hold onto it, whether or not it was ever continued. Never done that with a thread before.

Jzadek
2013-06-13, 09:34 PM
Well, with any luck we'll be able to use that. Talking of Swordgeo, is he planning on joining us too, when we get this up and running?

Also, when do you all think we'll be able to get something up and running?

thedarkstone
2013-06-13, 10:37 PM
Well, with any luck we'll be able to use that. Talking of Swordgeo, is he planning on joining us too, when we get this up and running?

Also, when do you all think we'll be able to get something up and running?

He might be joining us, though I'm not fully sure.

As for when we can get something up and running, that depends on when everyone is ready.

As an aside, I'd like to get everyone's times of availablility on the average week; you know, so we have somewhat of an idea how free people are. Just timeframes per day, in EST if you could. For reference, it is currently 11:38 EST. If you also know of specific days you won't be available, that would be lovely to know as well. I don't need specifics, just generally this day you won't be around, won't be here til that evening, and so on.

I'd love general time estimates for the average week, though. If you can't, just morning, day, evening, and night estimates in your own timezone is entirely fine as well. It'll make it easier to know whether or not to skip anyone so I don't sit here twiddling my thumbs because I don't want anyone left behind.

Halae
2013-06-14, 02:39 AM
GMT -7 here. Mountain time. Typically, I wake up at 1-2 AM and go to bed at around 5-8 PM. I'm unemployed, so available all day.

OMG PONIES
2013-06-14, 06:06 AM
EST. I usually wake up around 6 or 7 and check all my threads. Sometimes (rarely these days) I get a chance to post from work, but it's usually 6-10 AM and 8-10 PM that I'm poking around the threads. Saturday mornings I'm on, but I'm usually AFK all day Sundays.

Jzadek
2013-06-14, 07:54 AM
GMT+0 here, and am generally active from about 12:00 pm to 2:00 am. I don't have any consistent commitments, though am currently searching for employment so that may change. This would also be the time to note that I'm away for a week or so starting this Tuesday, so sorry about that, I know it's inconvenient.

The Big Orc
2013-06-14, 02:07 PM
PST here, my schedule is pretty erratic but I work till about 8pm EST and all other time slots get filled/stay empty depending on what there is to do

Also, to confirm, are we continuing with the old story? Do I need to remake Milo? And could you post character creation information

Jzadek
2013-06-26, 12:50 PM
Are you all still there?

OMG PONIES
2013-06-26, 05:09 PM
Are you all still there?

Still here and ready to start--just don't know if we're rebooting, picking up where we left off, or doing something new.

The Big Orc
2013-06-27, 12:26 AM
yeah im kinda waiting for some kind of direction

Halae
2013-06-27, 01:12 AM
I was waiting too. I mentioned what I wanted, after all.

Jzadek
2013-07-04, 07:13 PM
It's been about a week - thedarkstone, are you there and still up for continuing?

OMG PONIES
2013-07-20, 07:01 AM
Hey folks, are we still planning on continuing? Pretty please?

thedarkstone
2013-07-21, 12:13 PM
It's been about a week - thedarkstone, are you there and still up for continuing?

Hey folks, are we still planning on continuing? Pretty please?

So, as it turns out, the computer I most often use can't handle these forums (something in the coding); but, on the brighter side, I'm getting a laptop soon. So, as soon as I actually get the laptop, I can re-begin. Or continue. Or whatever we decide.

OMG PONIES
2013-07-25, 12:51 PM
So, as it turns out, the computer I most often use can't handle these forums (something in the coding); but, on the brighter side, I'm getting a laptop soon. So, as soon as I actually get the laptop, I can re-begin. Or continue. Or whatever we decide.

Here's hoping for fast shipping!

OMG PONIES
2013-08-09, 10:52 AM
Any luck on that laptop yet, darkstone? Also, Jzadek, were you still interested in joining that game that I PMd you about?

Jzadek
2013-08-09, 11:20 AM
Oh yeah, definitely! Sorry about the rather dramatic delay, I had to reformat my computer, I've literally just come back on. I won't be long now.

OMG PONIES
2013-08-14, 01:33 PM
*crickets* So, gang, how's everyone else doing?

OMG PONIES
2013-08-26, 04:40 PM
Buehler? Buehler? Anyone?

EDIT: As much as it pains me, I'm removing this thread from my subscriptions. Please, please let me know if we get this back up and running.

thedarkstone
2013-08-29, 12:45 AM
Any luck on that laptop yet, darkstone? Also, Jzadek, were you still interested in joining that game that I PMd you about?

Sorry, I was buying a used laptop from a friend and he ended up not upgrading and kept his old one, so I'm still computerless for the most part.

OMG PONIES
2013-12-16, 01:54 PM
Given our DM's recent PM, it looks like we may be back in the saddle! Is everyone still around?

Halae
2013-12-16, 02:14 PM
I am, yes. I'll need build a new character, but I'm here all the same.

The Big Orc
2013-12-16, 04:12 PM
I am in the same state as Halae. However I am going to be busy the next couple of weeks so I would prefer to start after the new year

thedarkstone
2013-12-24, 09:03 PM
My laptop is in, and my schedule will be lightened to 24 hours per week (freeing up 16 hours) starting January. So, we'll be starting then. I'll be timeskipping, in the interest of getting the group back together and on track.

OMG PONIES
2013-12-25, 07:25 AM
My laptop is in, and my schedule will be lightened to 24 hours per week (freeing up 16 hours) starting January. So, we'll be starting then. I'll be timeskipping, in the interest of getting the group back together and on track.

This is the best Christmas present ever, and my first nephew was born last weekend. #priorities

Halae
2013-12-25, 08:56 AM
Good to hear it! I'll be ready to play soonish. I'm always capable of quickly whipping up a character.

Jzadek
2013-12-30, 08:56 AM
This is the best Christmas present ever, and my first nephew was born last weekend. #priorities

Hey, congratulations! That's awesome.

Anyway, I've still got Tarn kicking about in the hope that this would start up again. Just say the word and we can get on it.

thedarkstone
2013-12-30, 02:03 PM
Okay, everyone post their character sheet once again; those who don't have a character currently, say so, and I'll try to remember the method I used for chargen.

OMG PONIES
2013-12-30, 02:04 PM
Okay, everyone post their character sheet once again; those who don't have a character currently, say so, and I'll try to remember the method I used for chargen.

Definitely lost Luci's sheet somewhere in my transition from coyotecode to Mythweavers for charsheets. I remember her basics, though, so you tell me the specifics and I can have her remade lickety-split.

The Big Orc
2013-12-30, 06:21 PM
I have lost my character sheet as well

Halae
2013-12-30, 11:51 PM
Lost here.

OMG PONIES
2013-12-31, 06:46 AM
For some reason, I'm starting to remember how much I liked the show Lost. :smalltongue:

thedarkstone
2013-12-31, 11:33 AM
Character List
{table="head"]Character|Player|Race|Class
Luci Talbot (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=12232)|OMG Ponies (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=45281)|Changeling|Rogue/Warlock
Arvan Gatson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348387)|Harnel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=53529)|Human|Warblade
Milo Tealeaf (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348426)|The Big Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=30678)|Halfling|Rogue
Samuel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348390)|hpboy111 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=63833)|Human|Sorceror
Tarn Merrick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348602)|Jzabek (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=63668)|Gnome|Wizard (Illusionist)
Oskar the Kind (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348659)|The Anarresti (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=51057)|Dwarf|Barbarian
Terrial "Twigshooter" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12285143&postcount=124)|Swordgeo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=60403)|Elf|Ranger/Fighter
Brazius Detotorro (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=349782)|Toska Moriarty (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=58289)|Half-Elf|Cleric
Liam of the Trees (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348386)|thedarkstone (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=64153)|Shifter|Druid[/table]

This is the OOC thread for my 3rd level D&D 3.5 campaign. It's a tentative title for the adventure (which may turn into a series of adventures), but I think it fits.

EDIT: I hear it's standard procedure for each player to have a certain color for dialogue. Might I suggest selecting it now?

So, that tells at least some of it. It was 40-something point buy, if I remember right. I don't remember the exact number. Ponies, I do remember that you were using a certain changeling feat (or more than one?) from one of the Eberron errata.

OMG PONIES
2013-12-31, 01:25 PM
So, that tells at least some of it. It was 40-something point buy, if I remember right. I don't remember the exact number. Ponies, I do remember that you were using a certain changeling feat (or more than one?) from one of the Eberron errata.

Yep, I had taken Persona Immersion from Races of Eberron.

thedarkstone
2014-01-01, 12:56 AM
Yep, I had taken Persona Immersion from Races of Eberron.

That's the one I was thinking of. Also, happy New Year everyone!

thedarkstone
2014-01-03, 08:34 PM
Update: We're understaffed in my department, so I'm still working 40 hour weeks. I'm going to do my best to keep you guys up to date.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was 40 pt point buy. So, that plus half of the normal 3rd level gold.

thedarkstone
2014-01-15, 07:51 PM
Update: I am still up for this, regardless of time constraints. If everyone could make/remake their character via the previously posted method, that would be lovely. As soon as I have everyone's characters, hopefully no later than next Friday, I'll continue with a time skip.

The Big Orc
2014-01-15, 08:48 PM
Im sorry but it looks like im not going to be able to commit the time to this. Hope it goes well for the rest of you!

OMG PONIES
2014-01-15, 10:03 PM
Update: I am still up for this, regardless of time constraints. If everyone could make/remake their character via the previously posted method, that would be lovely. As soon as I have everyone's characters, hopefully no later than next Friday, I'll continue with a time skip.

I'll get right on it! Any idea where we were on XP? And was HP max at first, rolled thereafter.

thedarkstone
2014-01-15, 10:12 PM
I'll get right on it! Any idea where we were on XP?

Not sure, but Tarn still exists from before, so we could look at his total to get an idea.

Jzadek
2014-01-16, 04:30 AM
Im sorry but it looks like im not going to be able to commit the time to this. Hope it goes well for the rest of you!

:smallfrown:

OMG PONIES
2014-01-16, 09:08 AM
:smallfrown:

Seconded. In other news, I have no life so I'm reverse engineering my character sheet from the rolls I've made in the IC thread. It was quite helpful for piecing together my feats and skills, but I'm left with a question. Darkstone, did you allow flaws (or maybe one)? From this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12405483&postcount=158), Luci was attacking at a -2. However, I'm at a +0 on my sheet currently with an 8 STR; the only thing I could think that would have contributed -2 was the Noncombatant flaw (http://dndsrd.net/unearthedFlaws.html). Can I take that and add a feat? Can't remember if we did it that way before...

EDIT: And here she is (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764581)! I just need confirmation on:

How we did HP
Where we are in terms of XP
If we had allowed one or more flaws

thedarkstone
2014-01-16, 01:16 PM
Seconded. In other news, I have no life so I'm reverse engineering my character sheet from the rolls I've made in the IC thread. It was quite helpful for piecing together my feats and skills, but I'm left with a question. Darkstone, did you allow flaws (or maybe one)? From this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12405483&postcount=158), Luci was attacking at a -2. However, I'm at a +0 on my sheet currently with an 8 STR; the only thing I could think that would have contributed -2 was the Noncombatant flaw (http://dndsrd.net/unearthedFlaws.html). Can I take that and add a feat? Can't remember if we did it that way before...

EDIT: And here she is (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764581)! I just need confirmation on:

How we did HP
Where we are in terms of XP
If we had allowed one or more flaws

I think I allowed flaws., and if I recall correctly, max HP. Or maybe average? I'll check after work today.

OMG PONIES
2014-01-16, 01:48 PM
I think I allowed flaws., and if I recall correctly, max HP. Or maybe average? I'll check after work today.

Like plural? Because if you allow 2 I've got my entire build planned through level 20.

thedarkstone
2014-01-16, 11:13 PM
Like plural? Because if you allow 2 I've got my entire build planned through level 20.

Sure? I'll allow plural.

EDIT: As in two, though.

OMG PONIES
2014-01-17, 08:55 AM
Sure? I'll allow plural.

EDIT: As in two, though.

Sounds good, I've selected a second flaw and corresponding feat. Still waiting for confirmation on XP and HP. Any idea when we might get this started up again?

thedarkstone
2014-01-21, 11:05 PM
I can start as soon as I have Halae's sheet, hopefully.

OMG PONIES
2014-01-21, 11:10 PM
Yes, so pumped! I've beentrying to play Luci in a few different games since ours went "off air," but this one is where she feels right. Glad to be back!

thedarkstone
2014-01-21, 11:31 PM
Yes, so pumped! I've beentrying to play Luci in a few different games since ours went "off air," but this one is where she feels right. Glad to be back!

Me too! I'm really excited to continue the story. I had so many ideas, and still do.

Jzadek
2014-01-22, 08:55 AM
Add me to the super-excited list. I've not enjoyed playing with any character more than Tarn or with any group more than you guys.

OMG PONIES
2014-01-22, 03:55 PM
Any word on a sheet from Halae? Or perhaps starting up in the meantime?

Jzadek
2014-02-01, 08:19 AM
It's been about a week now, I think we should think about starting now. Halae can always join again during.

thedarkstone
2014-02-01, 01:28 PM
It's been about a week now, I think we should think about starting now. Halae can always join again during.

True. I have the next three days off. I'll start it up today.

Jzadek
2014-02-01, 02:56 PM
It's happening! :smallbiggrin:

thedarkstone
2014-02-02, 01:51 AM
Posted in the IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224128&page=8).

Jzadek
2014-02-02, 07:21 AM
Awesome. I've updated too!

OMG PONIES
2014-02-10, 10:39 PM
Testing...testing...is this thing on?

Jzadek
2014-02-18, 04:33 PM
I'm here! Just waiting for the DM to move us along.

OMG PONIES
2014-02-18, 04:45 PM
Me too--any other players around? If not, darkstone, are you down w/ running a campaign w/ 2 PCs? Because I'm sure Jzadek and I would be okay with it.

OMG PONIES
2014-03-13, 12:15 PM
I hate to do this again, but I'm removing this game from my subscribed threads. If we are rebooting this, please let me know immediately. You've got a player for life if we can get this back off the ground.