PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Charisma +Y to X?

Chained Birds
2011-11-27, 11:18 PM
Hello guys, can you help me out?

I've made a charisma focused Paladin for a PF game and have been wondering if there are any PF only, whether 3rd party or not, Feats/Prestiges/Class Features/Items/etc. that allow me to put my high charisma into other things like HP, AC, and anything else besides Saves (covered with 2nd lvl of Paladin).
I know of a few 3.5 ways to do it but I'm not delving into those due to this being a PF only game.

So, any ideas?

grarrrg
2011-11-28, 12:13 AM
The spoiler block is a repost from something I thought up a while ago.
You can skip over it and I'll summarize.

We shall call him "Chasad"
Side A: Oracle 6, Agent of the Grave 1, Oracle+9, Agent-Grave +4
Side B: Antipaladin 4+, Summoner (Synthesist) 11+

Start as a Chaotic Evil Human, if doing Point-Buy, put an 18 into CHA (20 after racials). Feel free to dump your Dex score to 7.
Your stat priorities are CHA/Int/Con&Str&Wis/___/___/Dex

As Oracle take the Lore Mystery, pick up the Sidestep and Mental Acuity Revelations. Sidestep replaces Dex with Cha for AC and Ref-saves. Human lets us use our Favored Class to add spells to our list.
Agent of the Grave lets you use your Cha score for HP for ALL following levels. Agent of the Grave 5 lets you add ANY necromancy spells to your Class List (# based on Int mod, hence why it's our 2nd best stat).

Antipaladin 4 gives Cha to all saves, a 2/day Smite Good (Cha-to-hit), Negative Energy Channel and Aura of Cowardice:
Quote:
all enemies within 10 feet to take a –4 penalty on saving throws against fear effects. Creatures that are normally immune to fear lose that immunity while within 10 feet of an antipaladin with this ability
Summoner (Synthesist) 11 lets us wear our Eidolon. Take the Frightful Presence ability, it makes all opponents within 30 Shaken if they fail a saving throw, the DC of which is partially based on our CHA mod. Note that FRIGHTful Presence is a Fear effect, thus benefiting from our Antipaladin Aura. I also recommend taking the Biped base for a few reasons, the primary of which is its low Dex score (we have no use for Dex). We might as well take the Undead Appearance for flavor reasons.
This is only 15 levels, feel free to take the remaining 5 in some combination of Antipaladin or Summoner (recommending Summoner)

End results
Bab 16 (17 if 8 levels of Antipaladin)
HD 4d10+16d8 (6 levels have Con/hp, 14 levels have CHA/hp) PLUS the Eidolon-form HP on top of that.
19th level Oracle casting (caster level 24 for purposes of # of undead)
CHA-to-AC (replacing Dex)
CHA-to-All Saves
CHA-to-Ref Save (replacing Dex)
And in addition you have all the benefits of the Eidolon (Str, Natural Armor, whatever Evolutions you please).
Anyone with in 30 feet must make a 18+CHA Will save or be Shaken (or worse), anyone within 10 feet must do so with a -4 to their save.
You can fight, cast, or sit back and let your Undead Minions kill everything!

Paladin already gets Cha-to-Saves, and Cha-to-Hit (Smite Evil, limited uses)

1 level dip in Oracle can get you Cha-to-AC (replaces Dex).

Cha-to-HP is currently only available to Evil (Agent of the Grave PrC).

Gunslinger Mysterious Stranger archetype can get Cha-to-Damage with Firearm attacks.

deuxhero
2011-11-28, 12:32 AM
Holy Gun lets you use Smite a theoretically infinite number of times a day with a firearm (you crit on or kill a CR appropriate foe and regain all the grit that powers it).

Paul H
2011-11-28, 04:51 AM
Hi

As Grarrg already said. Specifically:

Oracle with Lore Mystery lets you use Cha instaead of Int for knowledge checks, and Cha for AC & reflex save instead of Dex. (Armour then grants max Cha bonus instead of max dex). These are two seperate Revelations, so you'll need the Extra Revelation feat to have them both.

There is a Human Trait that allows you extra spells known (but at at least one level less than max spell level - eg. Orison at 1st lvl)

Don't forget you still have to take a Curse.

Thanks
Paul H
Edit: Don't forget that Cha also affects Paladin's Lay on Hands (and Channel Energy), plus grants Deflection mod to AC against victims of it's Smite ability. (As well as to hit). Oh, plus it's spells are Cha based.
Lastly, if it helps, Synthesists (Summoner archetype) can modify physical stats & AC amongst other things (Darkvision, etc). Helps with allocating stats. (Str 16 Dex 12 Con 15, +4 Nat AC, Darkvision popular choice), but you get no bonus for armour. (Magic items still work)

Chained Birds
2011-11-28, 06:31 AM
Thanks guys!

Though my current Pally is a goody good, I can at least benefit from the Oracle dip to get awesome AC. And I wondered what the PF Anti-Paladin build looked like. I might use the build in an evil game one day.

NamelessNPC
2011-11-28, 10:09 PM
Weapon trickery (link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/super-genius-games/combat-feats/weapon-trickery-combat)) gets you cha to hit.

grarrrg
2011-11-28, 10:23 PM
Thanks guys!

Though my current Pally is a goody good, I can at least benefit from the Oracle dip to get awesome AC. And I wondered what the PF Anti-Paladin build looked like. I might use the build in an evil game one day.

The build I presented was a Gestalt build (i.e. extremely-overpowered-Cha-based-goodness)

For a regular build you'll have to sacrifice something (9th spells/Cha-to-Saves/Cha-to-HP/etc...)
The best overall build would be along the lines of Oracle 18/(Anti)Paladin 2.

Oracle 13/Antipaladin 2/Agent of the Grave 5 retains most of the Cha-to-X but loses 9th level spells.

For beatstick goodness go with Oracle 1/(Anti)Paladin 3or4/Summoner (Synthesist) 15or16. You don't get Cha to HP, but with the Eidolon-Bonus-HP you won't need it.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-28, 11:02 PM
Weapon trickery (link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/super-genius-games/combat-feats/weapon-trickery-combat)) gets you cha to hit.
Which is third party.
Pathfinder is already third party d20, but I know at least one DM who wouldn't let it fly.

NamelessNPC
2011-11-28, 11:56 PM
I know, but the OP said it was ok