PDA

View Full Version : Building Artificer/Fleshwarper Help, or SCIENCE!!!

ExtravagantEvil
2011-11-27, 11:31 PM
Hello Playground :smallsmile:,
I've had this character idea in my head for awhile, and want to know how Optimal it would really be, and how I could make it work.
For the longest time I've been enamoured with Fleshwarper. The Fluff and the silliness of it make me want to play a character with this class for a while, playing up the Mad Scientest that it essentially advertises.
So I came up with an idea of an Artificer/Fleshwarper to play up this insane Mad Scientest idea.
What's the easiest way to get Artificer to Qualify for Fleshwarper, and how Optimized can we make a build for it?

I can tell looking at minimal synergy of this being a very Low Op Build, for what it's worth.
I know I'll have to intermix Wizard to get Summon Familiar and for Int synergy, but what can I do to fill in those Heal Ranks without fretting over Cleric and dealing with Wis. And most importantly, how to get Graft Flesh as soon as possible, so at level 9 Preferably should I be getting Graft Flesh somehow.

Coidzor
2011-11-28, 12:01 AM
IIRC, there is a suggested adaptation to allow Fleshwarper to be qualified for by the Artificer's Homunculus. So you'd just need Heal as a class skill.

Be a hordeficer and with that your homunculus or possibly multiple homunculi of yours will be more tentacle-y. For that to really work you'd need to be able to graft to them as well, so between the Improved Homunculus feat from Magic of Eberron and grafts and the fleshwarper's class feature improvements there's a fair bit of synergy possible depending upon how that adaptation goes.

And really, you want it to be adapted.

And, preferably, fixed so that Graft Flesh doesn't cost more skill points than the class itself.

ExtravagantEvil
2011-11-28, 12:06 AM
And, preferably, fixed so that Graft Flesh doesn't cost more skill points than the class itself.

It does always weird me out how the feat costs more Ranks in Heal than the PrC, so I'd probably argue that front to the DM, and he'd probably agree.