PDA

View Full Version : So, one year older, and starting a new decade

Starwulf
2011-11-28, 03:04 AM
Well, I officially turned 30 as of 3 hours ago. Kinda been dreading this for the last few months, and I'm not really sure why. I guess it's just because 30 is the first stepping stone towards middle age, and I still feel like I haven't done enough in my life. I know that's not true though, even though I haven't done anything spectacular, I have raised two beautiful little girls(8 and 3), and have a loving wife. It's still hard to shake though, that feeling that my life is passing my by eyes all too quickly.

I guess it's partially the knowledge that I can't even be considered a young adult anymore. Like the world is saying "Hey you, give up on all things you did when you were younger, it's time to be a real man". Which is annoying, because I have no intention of ever really giving up on my favorite things, no matter how old I get.

Anyways, I'm 30 today! To anyone else who has turned 30 this year, I hope it's treated you well thus far and continues to do so as the months pass. Before ya know it, we'll be 40.

KuReshtin
2011-11-28, 05:29 AM
Well, happy 30th, brother. It's not the end of the world.

one of the good things about turning 30 is that you can now officially start looking disapprovingly at those pesky youngsters and shake your head at their antics, while you can still partake in said antics yourself because you 'did those things before most of those kids were even potty trained'.

Also, they should get off your lawn!

Kneenibble
2011-11-28, 10:26 AM
Just look at it this way: I'll bet you're getting laid more regularly than a man half your age.

Happy Birthday, Herr Starwulf.

The Succubus
2011-11-28, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the Brotherhood of the 30 Year Olds. You'll find zimmerframes on the right side and sexy care nurses on the left.

arguskos
2011-11-28, 11:03 AM
Well, happy 30th, brother. It's not the end of the world.

one of the good things about turning 30 is that you can now officially start looking disapprovingly at those pesky youngsters and shake your head at their antics, while you can still partake in said antics yourself because you 'did those things before most of those kids were even potty trained'.

Also, they should get off your lawn!
I do that anyways, and I'm only 23. :smalltongue:

And I've actually chased kids off my lawn with a cane before. Stupid kids, skateboarding on my driveway and messing up my yard. :smallyuk:

Just look at it this way: I'll bet you're getting laid more regularly than a man half your age.
Knibbs, I damn well hope so. :smalleek:

Haruki-kun
2011-11-28, 11:15 AM
"Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional."

Sadly, I can't remember whose quote it is, but still. Happy Birthday, Starwulf.