PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Grandpre Academy - Group 2, part 2 (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 11:02 AM
Seen previously ... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145454)

The heroes make their way east for about 10 minutes, ridding their new wolf mounts into a small road bordered by a thick forest. Ashe is the first to spot a small wolf coming their way as he reach the top of a slope. At first, the wolf froze and nearly bolted into the forest, but changed it mind and sprint toward the heroes at high speed.

As it come closer, Ashe Ace and Bolerum recognize that wolf, which isnt a wolf but an elven druid maiden in animal form. As she come closer, she revert to her true self, becoming the beautyful elven woman the heroes met earlyer.

"Melora be praised, it is you. When I spotted the wolves I thought you were some more goblins."

You all can hear some releif in her voice. As you look closer, you immediatly notice that she look tired, if not exausted. It is also eviddent that she have seen battle since you splitted up with her sooner today.

"We need your help again. Some orcs are after the farmers, they are in full flight being me. Tell me the path forward is clear and you arent fleeing some enemies yourself. I've heard horn in that direction, ", says the druid pointing north-west, in the general direction where you fought the goblins.
"I think they can communicate or something as they all appear to get closer to us each time the horns are blown."

I started a new thread since our last was kinda big now. Link is in the first row to refer if need be.

Leewei
2011-11-28, 11:33 AM
Bolerum

"It looks like we're all in luck! Except the goblins ..."

Gillric
2011-11-28, 12:08 PM
The north-west should be clear, the horns you heard in that direction was us setting a trap for some goblins. Other than the group behind you, there is a group to the south-east as well. Let us get back to the farmers and see what assistance we can provide.

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 12:43 PM
DM
The elven maiden nod to Ashe and shapeshift in her wolf form.
The group move forward again, with the druid keeping pace with the wolf without any trouble. It take only a few minutes before you come into sight of the group of farmers.

As you see them, they appear completly exausted. Most of them are on the cart pulled by two horses, but a few still walk going as fast as they can, which isnt really fast. You note that there is a few more injured mens in the cart, including the seasonned fighter that was helping Lei Grall sooner. You also note that everyone is quite dirty, including the horse and cart. They surely found a spot on the road where they encountered mud holes and had to work hard to make it past these.

As they spot you, a few people appear happy and releived, but most of the people morale is so low that most people stay silent with grim faces.

An other thing that strike Ace Ashe and Bolerum, is the fact that Baldric, Eliael and Tam arent with the group of farmers.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-28, 01:08 PM
Marius

Marius spurs his mount beside the cart, and hands off the reigns to another member of the party. Swinging up onto the wagon, he looks through the wounded, doing what he can for them. "Who has been in charge of your defenses during the fighting?" He asks of any of the concious wounded.

[Spoiler][[roll0]. If I need to make multiples, let me know how many. Trying to ease the pain of the wounded and get any of them that can still fight back on their feet./spoiler]

Leewei
2011-11-28, 01:22 PM
Bolerum

"Where are the others who were to be defending you?"

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 01:22 PM
DM
With a quick glace, Marius knows threating the wounded will take time and start to work immediatly.
One of the injured, the only man wearing some sort of armor and carrying a longsword, reply to the warlord.
"Their friend Eliael led us to battle at the bridge to clear us a path. Lost a few mens there, but we managed well enough. Since then, we have been fleeing and didnt encounter any resistance, but Lei told us we are being chased by even more orcs. Eliael and his two friends decided to buy us more time by slowing down the orcs and set up an ambush or something. We kept moving onward to not loose time and they left me in charge in case we needed to defend ourselves again."
Marius can see that the man apear to have a nasty wond on the left leg. It have been crudely bandaged. The man probably can walk on it if need be, but he is keeping his strenght right now. You also all can sense in his voice that he doesnt think much of they chances if they do encounter something hostile again.

Nice roll!. I ask only one roll.
You will be busy taking care of the wounded for some time. You still can talk, but you cannot really do anything else (or you'd stop helping the wounded).

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 01:39 PM
DM
Lei Grall look at Bolerum, her face a bit grim and complete the soldier word to awnser Bolerum quesiton more precisely.

"When you splitted up with us, we moved on the road up to the bridge.... but it was guarde by a group of orcs. We had to defeat them. As Jack just said, we managed well enough, but one of the orc fled into the wood. By the time I could track it down and locate him, he had licked up with an large band of orcs. I ran back ot the group and spurred them onward without any delay. I stayed back to see what the orcs would do and when they decided to track us down."
The elf take a short pause and drink a bit of water and continues,
"At least, most of them are heavyly armored and slow. We manage to keep up and build up some diatance for some time, but our pacing slowed down with time and the orc started to gain on us. Eliael, Baldric and Tam decided to try and slow them down. They succeeded for sure as the enemies havent caught up with us yet, but they didnt stop them completly. "
The elven face show sign of concern as she add,
"I dont know what happened to them, I simply hope they managed to strike and flee. I know that some of the orcs are missing and a couples are injured now. I didnt see any sign of them being captured. At least, it did delay the orcs, and a with the injuries, their group appear to be slower."

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-28, 02:08 PM
Ace
The Vistani tips his hat when the wolf sembles. Miss Grall, a pleasure to see you hale and hearty. After they follow her to the farmers, Ace immediately notices the absence of their companions. Bolerum asks the question before he does, and he listens intently to Lei's explanation. Tam and Baldric are masters of healing magic, and Eliael of defensive dweomers. And he wields Greenbane. I must have faith that they are alive and well. He turns to the farmers. We will not abandon you again! If it takes my last breath, I will see that you all reach the gates of Bord-Eau! he shouts, trying to raise the spirits of their charges. He turns to Ashe. We should see if we can redistribute the gear with the wolves and speed this caravan up, eh? Any extra gear can go in my Bag of Holding, for expediency's sake, he says.

Diplomacy, to inspire the farmers: [roll0]

What sort of check would it be to effectively rearrange the gear/switch out mounts to increase the group's overland speed?

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 02:33 PM
DM
Ace words appear to reassure most of the farmers and raise morale. This, coupled with Marius work in the cart is starting to pay up. The burden for the horse being lessened, they appear releived and to be able to pick up some speed. Even the farmers, now seeing hope are speeding up a little.

For the reorganisation of the burdens, I was tempted to say common sense, but to truely mesure it (as it is a really good idea), I'd say nature as is a measure of natural creature capacities (mounts and humans). If someone would want to aid the primary roll (note that failing the aid other give -1), they could roll an heal check (to evaluate the physical shape of the different people/animals).

So if anyone want to try Ace suggestion, tell you are rolling for it and throw the dices.
Also, if you guys wanna be helpers, tell ASAP (could be before someone tell he want be the primary roll on it) , as when I give the roll result, it will be too late to help :) (I'll try to let you guys have time though)

NOTE : Marius cannot help in this, as he is busy healing people still, but his skill roll reduced the nature check DC already (As more people will be in shape to walk = less burden to organise).

It might start to be a bit eviddent, but you guys are kinda resuming your previous skill challenge (thought it changed a bit - you did earn 2 more successes by eliminating two threats (lizardfolks and one group of hunters)).

EDIT : Ace speach did raise the people morale making them a bit more vigorous (giving them a bit of speed and dιtermination). He earned a success.
Also, Marius Skill check earned a success (almost forgot ) as the burden will be lessened on the cart horse (a few more people able to walk)

Success : 8
Failure : 1
I am not telling you how many success are needed BTW :smallcool:

Leewei
2011-11-28, 03:09 PM
Bolerum

Seeing the urgency of the situation, Bol pitches in with brawn instead of brains, pulling and shoving wagons through the mud when they get stuck, manhandling barrels and even shouldering a yoke.Athletics: [roll0]

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 03:29 PM
DM
The paladin unmount and start helping everyone around, using his physical attributes to keep thing moving forward when needed. At first he was only thinking about the cart, but it becomes quickly evvident that he can do much more, sometimes carrying a child, or helping someone who fell into some mud of is having trouble walking. Still, his effort helps and minimise the caravan halts.

Ace start to walk around offering to carry people stuff to lighten them up.

Damn, you guys roll high.
Ok, Bolerum skill is a succeess. This make you busy for now (like Marius is)

NOTE : Ace grant a +2 bonus for nature check to redistribute burdens.

Success : 9

Gillric
2011-11-28, 03:37 PM
Quickly checking the animals, Ashe begins to redistribute the load.

Nature: [roll0]

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 03:45 PM
DM
Ashe goes around the beast first to check their state and evalute their strenght. He orde rpeople around, placing the slowest and more injured ξn the cart, and placing the one in better shape on the wolves. He also establish a rotation between the people to have people relax alternativly and help everyone regain their breath a bit and make them go even faster.

I dindt not wait to see if Monique wanted to help Ashe, as it is evident with that roll that he doesnt need anyone help :smalleek:
Damm, the dice god like you all.

Success : 10

Only missing Monique skill use.

You guys all can also roll an endurance check in advance, as I will require a group check after monique skill roll. You can do it in OOC if you want

NotScaryBats
2011-11-28, 04:51 PM
Monique lets the people who are more familiar with the situation take charge.

As the farmers begin to make good progress, she decided to try to help herself. Being no good at physical labor, she attempts to lead a prayer for the soldiers who lost their lives at the bridge, and for hope for the future, and a safe journey to Bord-eau

[roll0] endurance check
[roll1] religion check

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 06:44 PM
DM
With the conserted effort, the group pace increase slowly for the first 15 minutes hour. Ace keep encouraging people, while Ashe maintain a good balance between the beast and make sure the most tired have some time to relax riding the wolves. Marius finish healing the injured and get down to give an hand to Bolerum who keep working hard to make sure the convoy keep moving. Monique start a song of mourning for the lost ones that is quite appreaciated among the farmers, easying a little of their worries for the soul of their lost ones.

They finialy get out of the dense forest about 25 minutes after the heroes found the refugees. From that point, they are in some cultivated hills. In about 10 minutes they can see some burned down farms and reach it after about 5 minutes. One of the farmers say,
"That's Nick farm. I hope he made it alright to Bord-Eau.

Not wasting a moment, the take the path going south, toward Bord-Eau. At that point, everyone start to feel the burden of exaustion starting loom over their head. The group start to slow down and the heroes work harder to compensate.

The group cross an other small forest in about 20 more minutes and comes by a river. The heroes start to feel the effect of their own effort with their aching muscles. Ashe and Monique have trouble keeping up, but the rest of the heroes give them also an hand and they manage to find some needed rest.
At this point, the main path continues south, but there is a path that fork west along the river that isnt on the map. One of the farmers say,
"Oi, this way bring closer to the nort' gate quicker. I Kno' it, use it often."

Lei who have been scouting for most of the time, coming back and forth between the farmers group and the enemies run toward the group, drawing their attention. To the horizon, atop an hill about 10 minutes behind the group, you can spot some orc scout. The orc pull out his horn and blow an other hunt call. The replies are the usual, but you happyly notice that the other group are quite far, even the south one that probably had trouble with the river since thye last called. Still, this releif is cut short by the rest of the orc start to appear atop the hill.

A few seoncds later Lei Grall reach the group and revert to her elf appearance.
"Dont stop, go forward, we are getting closer to the city. We must not give up now."

Monique Religion check doesnt grant a Success, but it give a +2 bonus on the next check to affect the farmers morale(diplomacy/Bluff/intimidate)
The group endurance check is a success, granting an other success (3/5 passed it).

Success : 11

Anyone can try a skill check right now.

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-28, 06:51 PM
Ace
Go, go! Don't give up now! We are nearly there; if those orcs want to catch us, they'll have to work for it! shouts Ace, rallying the farmers. Don't make our friends efforts in vain! We cannot let the bastards win!

Diplomacy, incl. +2 from Monique: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-28, 07:00 PM
Marius

Looking behind, Marius grimaces. "I think we should form a rear guard and sortie with the greenskins to give the rest time to escape. Maybe Ace should stay with the wagon to give them magical support should things go badly.. Marius is grim, but stern.

How far from safety are we and how far behind are the orc?

Leewei
2011-11-28, 07:05 PM
Bolerum

"On your way, good farmer folk!" Bolerum encourages, "The raiders won't show you any mercy. That's as well, though - once you're safe, they'll be the ones crying out for it!"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Dekkah
2011-11-28, 07:54 PM
DM
Ace take the lead and start to encourage everyone else, while Bolerum the rear with everyone else. Their words stir up the group that start south-west along the river. The road is quite flat and dry, which helps a lot. Still at one point, a large mudhole block the path, but everyone put all they strenght and they pass it quickly. After about 15 minutes the group reach the main road again that runs west. At this point, they can see the top of one of the wall tower. This bring even more hope the the farmers that increase their pace with even more encouragements from the heroes.
The group can still see the enemies after them but they appear to loose ground. After a couple more intense minutes, the group can finaly see the north gate. At that point the orcs finaly give up chase and turn tail as the group of refugees reach the road going south toward the gate and a dozen soldiers pour out of the gate to go help the humans.
The leader of the soldiers order him mens to help you all and bring everyone inside. After a couple minutes, you all cross the gate. After a few minutes ot regain your breath, the milicia sergeant come to see you.
"Are you ok? From what I gathered, you guys helped these... wait I know you. You are one of the mens that helps us clean the street and defend the wall when this all started right?"
The soldier look at Ace.
"Glad to see you are alright. Captain Brasseur was looking for you this morning and ask us if we had seen you come back. I'll tell him you are back in the city."

Many of the farmers comes to see you to thank you, before they leave with a group of soldier for some of the temporary camps that have been made in the city.

Ace earn the last success.
Skill challenge completled, you all gain 150 XP. This bring you to 3400 XP.

You made it to town. What do you guys do?

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-28, 08:25 PM
Ace
The Vistani breathes a heavy sigh of relief. Lady's blessed pull, that was damned close! He takes off his hat and begins fanning himself, bent over in exhaustion. When the militiaman approaches him, he nods. Indeed I was. Thank you; you can tell Captain Brasseur that I will be back at the inn resting. We've had a long day, and I've many wounds to nurse, he replies, before dismissing the man, unless someone else wants to say something to him. As the farmers approach, he returns their things to them from his bag of holding. A little girl skips up to him and he smiles, withdrawing her stuffed bear and bending down. She quickly snatches it up, mutters a 'yankou before dashing off to join her parents.

Ace grins a sort of melancholy smile, then rises, taking in a big breath and exhaling. As he pauses for air, finally in the safety of the city in quiet, he lets out a cackle. I smell worse than Gruumsh's armpit! I just realized I haven't had a chance to properly wash my clothes since we raided the tomb! He smiles at his friends. I need to go clean up and rest; I am completely worn out, and there are some people in the city I need to speak to this evening, so I'd best get moving. With that, his tips his hat and dashes off as best he can towards the inn, for sleep and a well-earned bath and clothes cleaning.

Ace is going to take an extended rest before he goes to speak with William and Zorana. He needs to recuperate a bit, and he also needs to clean himself up; he prides himself on presentability, and he is currently in no condition for official meetings.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-28, 08:56 PM
Marius

"Well met, soldier, glad of your assistance. I thought we would have to go toe to green toe with those greenskins. Do you have time for a drink? I'd like to learn about the local situation...more than I already know from being in the woods with greenies."

Marius lets the soldier recommend a bar. If the soldier insists that he cannot leave his post, Marius will find off-duty soldiers to talk with.

Trying to see what the tactical situation is.

Leewei
2011-11-28, 09:16 PM
Bolerum

Looking back at the retreating orcs, the paladin briefly looks like a ravenous man contemplating a skewer of mutton. He then shrugs and follows the others into town.

"Should the walls need another defender, I'm your man," he informs the sergeant.

Gillric
2011-11-28, 10:38 PM
Having reached the safety of the walls, Ashe's shoulders visibly relax. It has been a long and tiring few days since he left the city in search of the other adventurer's of which only Ace remains and he is glad to be back in the city. Wait up Ace, I think I will accompany you to the Inn, I could use a good nights sleep in a real bed.

NotScaryBats
2011-11-28, 10:44 PM
Monique contemplates the town. There was no inkling of information about the Chest, and now she's been helping villagers for days. She slips off and heads to see if there is anywhere that sells magical rituals. Some of those items they found had no owner, and with a little elbow grease, Monique thought she could squeeze some residuum out of them.

Dunno if I can, but I'd like to grab the enchant / disenchant magic item ritual(s)

Away from books so I dunno how much they cost or if a level 3 character can learn them.

Gillric
2011-11-29, 08:49 AM
When they reach the Inn, Ashe quickly approaches the man behind the bar. What can I get for a hot meal? After making his selection of a meal, I'll be at that table over there when it's ready. He says, nodding to a table in the corner of the common room. With that, he heads over to take a seat, pausing to listen to the threads of gossip passing through the room.

Streetwise: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-29, 09:01 AM
Ace
Ace tips his hat to the innkeeper as he proceeds up the stairs to get cleaned. Once he is done meticulously caring for his clothing and his own cleanliness, he crawls into his bed for some well-deserved sleep.

OOC: Since a lot of the characters aren't spent enough to need an extended rest right now, you guys are welcome to keep RPing and doing other things while Ace sleeps.

Dekkah
2011-11-29, 09:50 AM
DM
Ace and Ashe return to their inn, while Marius talk a little with the soldiers. Being on duty, they dont have time to go for a drink for now. The warlord is told to head to the Green boat tavern, where most of the sodlier of this district head to drink after their shift if he really want to chat with them later.

Marius would require a streetwise check. Diplomacy could be usefull if he goes see someone in particular (not sure you have anyone of that nature you know yet though).

Monique heads out to do some shopping while Bolerum check if he can do something to help out.

Humffrey discussed with Lei Grall a bit and salute Bolerum.

"There is a few things I need to check in town for now. Let's meet up later at their Inn."
The dwarf point the sorcerer and avenger walking down the street, then join up with Lei Grall and head east, toward the market district.

I assume here that you all know where Ashe and Ace Inn is.

Ace and Ashe get what they need at their usual Inn.
"It is nice to see you two again. I'll have a room ready. The lunch today will be some chesse and bread. You'll have to forgive our meager portion, but with what happened with the food storage, we have to cut down a little.", say the Innkeeper.
With the Innkeeper words about lunch, Ace and Ashe realise that it is only about noon right now. With their share of action and exertion, it feels as if it have been a full day. Still, Ace take a deserved bath to relax a bit and heads to bed. He have a little bit of trouble finding sleep, but end up snoring quickly enough.

Ace get to sleep around 2 PM.
Ashe streetwise will come in private message soon.

Meanwhile, Monique heads to the market district. She does find a ritual shop. When she ask about these rituals, she realise that she have trouble understanding them and will need a bit more time to study and strenghten her own knowledges.

Monique isnt high level enough for Enchant/transfert/Disenchant magic items yet.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-29, 10:30 AM
Marius

Marius thanks the soldier, and heads off to the Green Boat Tavern to get the lay of the land. Once there he chats up with the off-duty soldiers, and tries to uncover any information about the state of the city and its defenses. He also tries to find out who is in charge of the defenses.

[roll0] (yay for a skill I am not good at).

Dekkah
2011-11-29, 11:03 AM
DM
Marius find the Green Boat tavern easyly. He spend most of the afternoon drinking and chatting there.

Note for everyone, when you guys have done what you wanted to, tell me (In OOC if you dont have any reason to post an action IC).
When everyone is done, I'll fastforward up when you all meet up (around 8PM - when Ace wake up ) for dinner.

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 09:31 AM
DM
July 13, 1500, Evening :

Ace and Ashe woke up a little after dinner time. The sun is about to dissapear to the west as they walk downstairs.

They spot their new allies sitting at a table waiting for them. Talking and drinking a little while waiting for them. To their surprise, Lei Grall is among the group. As they reach the table, Humffrey finish his story,
"...head to toe coverred in some stinky green slime. That was so disgusting that my partner could not hold it up and fled the scene. Oh you woke up finaly eh? Hope you had a nice nap ."

The dwarf wink at the two heroes.

"Alright, lets talk some more serious matters. What do you guys plan to do now?"

Gillric
2011-11-30, 09:49 AM
Looking at Humfrey with a strange expression, Ashe replies. A nice nap? Ashe shakes his head, It may have provided me with the rest I needed but it was not nice. My sleep was plagued by the strangest dream. I was in a temple and witnessed the torture and massacre of an elven paladin upon an altar. I stood there, ignored completly by a Bane priest who sacrificed the poor elf and I could almost feel the man's pain as if I were the one being tortured.

It must have been the temple we just cleared of undead. The sacrifice was being performed on the obsidian altar and the tample was in much better repair, even the statue of Bane was whole.

The priest of Bane continued desecrating the paladin's corpse and I could perceive the elven soul being sucked into the altar. The scene continued, with the dark god's priest completly ignoring me. Suddenly, it felf as if I was being watched so I whirled around and in front of me stood the Paladin's ghost. It was almost as if he was trying to gauge my reaction to all this and finaly he spoke,

"Well met Ashe. I am Sel'than Natura, paladin of the war path, protector of Dol Dorn."

He bowed slightly to at this point.

"I extend my gratitude to you and your friends for freeing me and all these other poor souls from this abominable place. And yet, I am about to ask even more of you. I am stuck here, between this world and the next one, unable to move on to the afterlife. I am pretty sure of the reason for this. You see, while I was alive, I was on a life quest."

He came closer and sat on the floor beside me.

"I don’t really know how long it has been, but a long time ago. I believe the human calender year was 383, when the elven king Ilthaden Moonsong of Yarten was attacked on its way back from a diplomatic event. I was there in charge of its protection with Fastin Sourvine. That fight was planned and the enemies were too numerous. We failed and the king was assassinated. I was left for dead, depleted of my family heirloom, like everyone else, but I did survive, by Dol Dorn's will no doubt.

I was the one to bring back the news of the attack and the deatrh of our king. After that failure, and the loss of our family gear, we and the Sourvine family lost our positions as the realm's protectors and guards of the king. I took it upon myself to restore my family's name. For that, I needed my family hierloom, which possessed the strength of all my ancestors. So I started to look for them. My research took time and after a few years, I finaly managed to locate one of them, or so I thought. I came here, to this very temple, but the man I faced, one of the same ones that attacked us before, was simply too powerful and I was defeated. After that, he used me for his foul rituals to his dark god, Bane, and my soul has been caught, with all the others here for all this time."

He looked sad and still tormented by all this as he recalled it.

"But now you freed us all, but only I remain. To me, it must mean that my life quest isnt completed, my task in this world. I don’t know what happened to my family, but I doubt they restored our name in its rightful place. Also, I can barely sense my god's presence anymore. But as I look at you, I can sense Dol Dorn's blessing upon you, I can hear his voice through you, if only barely. I cannot do anything while caught here... But you can. So I ask you, who has the same faith as I do within your heart, the blessing of the war god: Would you continue my life quest, to restore my family name and honnor?"

I replied with a "yes".

"Very well then, I then grant you the name Natura and all my own titles. You should be recogninsed as such and respected such, Ashe Natura."

The elf rose and placed his hand over my forehead.

"Let your training begin."

From there, everything was weird. It felt as if years were passing and that I received some training. I'm not sure if he was teaching me or I was simply reliving his life. Nothing was crystal clear, but I realised that I knew a lot of his life and his god, which I had never heard of before anywhere. Still one, thing was certain, I am still myself, the same person, in control of my life, but with a new goal, a new desire.

As I awoke, I felt a bit dizzy, still unsure of all of this. My old divine allegence is still there, but now I feel another calling, a voice calling in my very soul that I have never heard before. The voice appears to be very far, as if it is muffled by something, but I can hear it.

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-30, 10:16 AM
Ace
As Ashe finishes his long story, Ace gives him a grin. Well, it seems we've yet another task to complete! I will be happy to help you, but I think Bord-Eau needs us more right now. You can resist the Knight's call, right?

Leewei
2011-11-30, 10:21 AM
Bolerum

Looking over Ashe approvingly, Bolerum states, "A paladin's life-quest? Heady stuff! Perhaps the task may be combined in some way with the raiders? They appear to be after something."

Gillric
2011-11-30, 10:49 AM
Looking first to Bolerum, It is certainly possible that this may infact relate directly to the war we fight now. I am not familiar with any of the names that the knight made mention of. Turning now to Ace, Yes, it is something I want to do, but there is no compulsion that will force me to perform the quest.

History on the names in the dream: [roll0]

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 10:54 AM
DM
The elven maiden knowing that people will look at her because of her race reply immediatly,
"I dont know anything about that story. I am not even from the elven kingdom, so I cant really help you there."

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-30, 10:56 AM
Marius

"Besides enjoying destruction, the greenskins were after food supplies. Maybe it's tactical to destroy this city, but maybe they have suffered the same bad year as most farmers. A bad growing season means wild things grow less as well, which means wildlife doesn't thrive. Even if the greenskins are perfectly nomadic hunter/gatherers, they would be suffering food shortages, and if they have real farmers among their numbers, then even more so. They haven't attacked here since the food raid, and even when the soldiers left the walls to sortie forth, they didn't bother making an attack. The first rule of siege warfare is to take advantage of such opportunities, and they didn't, which leads me to believe they do not want the city itself."

Marius muses into his mug, unsure exactly of what to do. Civilian life was very different than military life. Had he been inactive this long in the military, some colonel would have given him new orders by now.

"Seems we have a few options. Do as Ashe's Knight commands, and restore his heirlooms and family honor; Go out into the wilds to try to track down and rescue the men that stayed behind to guard the wagon train's escape, or find the source of the greenskin's attacks. I think that finding the men that stayed behind is the proper thing to do, though to be honest, the appearances of a siege may be all that is keeping the lower classes here from rioting. It is them that will bear the brunt of food shortages, not the nobility."

Gillric
2011-11-30, 11:05 AM
Yes, those would appear to be our major options. I do have some more information that I gathered before I headed off to rest. This is purely gossip but it may prove useful.

A thieves guild has been forming in the port district, apparently they are only acting in that district. Many people are attribuating most of the crimes around to them, but I get the feeling that this is mostly bad mouthing from the people. I am sure that some of it is their doing, but some of it feels like exxageration. Some people even say that they are in league with the goblins.

Two months ago, an emissary from Torres came to Bord-Eau to negotiate and buy food for the capital city. He negotiated a lot with the city and even some with the merchants. He managed to buy a bit, but not enough for his tastes and apparently he stayed here and was still trying. Some rumors says that he defended the north-east gate by himself and some respect among the commoners for him is starting to grow.

The Krom-Dac dwarves are allies with the goblins is another rumour. Most of the enemies were using weaponry made by one of the Krom-Dac dwarf family. I have also did seen the mark. The alliance part is mostly based on assumptions because of the weapons more than on actual facts and real knowledge.

Word is already on the street about the stolen food. Most people say that the city's supplies are now so low that the city wont hold long with what is left. The initial panic has been replaced by a simple grimness now.

Bord-Eau refused many times in the past to form an alliance with Torres. They always cliamed they didn't need their protection and prefered not to be governed and to owe them taxes. The people in the city are starting to complain about this and would prefer to have the suppoer of Torres. Fingres are pointed at the city council right now, claiming it is their fault.

Yesterday, the boats were grounded and ordered to stay in dock. No boat can leave until further notice. No reason has been given for this.

Rumors about Ace and his allies who defended the north district are also cirulating among the populace.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-30, 11:15 AM
Marius

"Our dear druid friend here works for the Emissary, a nice gentleman, Sir Whitehand. It seems we can focus within the city, or without, but trying both at one time would be futile. It seems to me that unless there is food loaded on those ships that was somehow secreted away, there is no point in focusing inside the city to solve the imminent problem of starvation. We must break the siege, and find a way to get foodstuffs into the city."

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-30, 11:22 AM
Ace
I've a number of appointments to keep this evening. First, William Brasseur, the head of the city guard. Next, a friend of mine named Zorana is going to give me an update on a matter I asked her to investigate. If any of you would like to come with me to visit Brasseur, feel free.

Gillric
2011-11-30, 11:23 AM
Nodding at what Marius says, Yes, getting food into the city is of the utmost importance but where would we even be able to get the food? The enemy has been destorying and looting all the farms for miles.

The question of the ships is an interesting one though. It strikes me that they may be attempting to prevent someone from escaping the city. If we can capture that individual it may provide us with the information that will enable us to be of greater help to the city.

Turning to Ace, My current sources of information are unreliable at best, I would gladly accompany you as I may be able to find out more information.

Leewei
2011-11-30, 11:33 AM
Bolerum

"Seems to me the raiders must have their own supply line to get their takings back home. Taking out their supply would weaken the raiders next season and relieve the oncoming famine. Also, we'd get to fight!"

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 11:40 AM
DM
Lei Grall join the discussion,
"In fact Marius, I think we can do more than one option. I am actually going to look for Eliael, Baldric and Tam. I owe them that much. I was planning to go alone, to scout the area and locate where they are first, and then either help them escape or come get help to go free them. Humffrey did convince me to bring him along, for extra security and possibly more chances to be able to free them right way when I find where they are."
You all notice that she keep the fact that they could well be death, trying to stay positive. Humffrey add,
"I am more at ease outside the city anyway and she would need the help. I dont think we should all go. Not to insult anyone, but most of you guys arent really discrete when it comes to scouting. I'd need one fo the wolves we've got though, so I can keep up with her and flee if need be."
The elf then continue her reasoning,
"If.... when we locate them, I'll have you informed so you can help us free them if can't by ourselves. This way, you guys can help the city with the food. As you mentionned, food is the real problem right now.
I know nothing about food within the city, but I know the enemy bring what they took into the Green forest. I didnt scout in it, but I have seen them bring some there, and Sir Whitehand got informed me that it is where they brought what they took in the city two days ago. They look like they are setting their camp there."

Gillric
2011-11-30, 11:42 AM
Taken aback by the brash outburst from Bolerum, Eager to fight are you? One should never rush blindly into a fight if one can avoid it. We should do everything in our power to garuntee the outcome of the fight before we engage in it.

This plan is not without risk to you Lei Grall and Humfrey, are you sure you wish to do this? If you are it would allow us to learn what we can and to know where we are going before we set out.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-30, 11:47 AM
Marius

"Lady Grall, you said you escorted a load of foodstuff out of the city and toward Torres? Did you meet any greenskins on the way? How badly occupied is that route?"

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 11:48 AM
DM
The elf nod,
"I already decided to take that path. I'll search for them, not for the food though. If they tracks lead me to some food, 'Ill also let you know, but you shouldnt count on me for that until I found out what happened to your-our three friends. I am actually ready to go right now."

Gillric
2011-11-30, 11:51 AM
Clearly you are resolved to go then. Good luck and safe journey. Turning to the others. There is no point in setting forth from the city until they manage to send word to us. Let us see what we can learn and what assistance we can provide here in the meantime.

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 12:05 PM
DM
The elf nod to Marius,
"It was months ago, but the road was clear enough. We did see some goblin in the Black Marsh once on the way here, but they didnt dare attack us and fled."

To Ashe she reply,
"Alright, I'll keep you informed. I'll use magic to communicate with sir Whitehand, who will relay it to you here, or I'll come myself when I come back."

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-30, 12:42 PM
Ace
Ace nods to Lei's proposal. Thank you, Miss Grall. Baldric is one of my oldest friends, and Tam and Eliael are good men. I would come with you, but I fear I would only slow you down. Plus, I think my talents are best used here, in the city. It will ease my mind to know that you and Humffrey are on the case. When she and Humffrey leave, Ace shakes their hands and then he turns towards the door, wincing a bit as a partially healed sword wound in his side protests being stretched. Alright, I'm off to pay Brasseur a visit. Anyone care to join me?

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 12:43 PM
DM
You all eat the very light dinner served by the Inn. Lei Grall stand and nod to you,
"May Melora protect you all. Are you coming Humffrey?"
The dwarf follows her,
"Take care guys, I'll see you later."

When you all are done, Ace lead the group to the district militia headquarters.
One there, the front desk soldier recognise the sorcerer and bow to him,
"Nice to see you again. The captain is expecting you." He extend his arm, pointing William's office door, which is open.

As you reach the captain office, the scarred man look up,
"So you're finaly back. And from what I've heard, you've done even more good deeds for the city."
Ace can see that the man look in better shape that the last time he saw him. He still look tired, but not exausted and injured anymore.
"So, what happened to you? I can see you've made some new allies, but where are the others?"

NotScaryBats
2011-11-30, 04:54 PM
Monique tries to put some things together, using new knowledge of the ancient Elven paladin. Perhaps some clues towards the Chest would be forthcoming?

[spoiler]roll history check trying to see what those names mean, where that temple could be, erc

"Well, 'ello, there ser. Sorry ta jus' barge in 'ere. D'you know anything 'bout the troubles in th' ports - what with the new guild an' th' ships being dry docked - or is there someone else I can ask?"

Dekkah
2011-11-30, 07:02 PM
DM
The militia captain look turn toward the young bard. He tilt his head and reply,
"Well met miss....? As for the boat being held up, the order comes from me, well the initial idea was mine and it have been accepted by my commander. Since you seem to be with Ace, I,ll give you the real reason."
The captain look at Ace for confirmation that he trust these people m then keep going on.
"It seems there is some thieves in the city allied with the goblins. We think that some of the food is still in the city and to make sure that it isnt shipped away, we are keeping the ship until we find it."

I assume that Ace would approve.

Shadow_Elf
2011-11-30, 08:41 PM
Ace
In response to Brasseur's question, Ace begins to explain. Well met, captain. Eliael, Baldric and Tam are unfortunately... missing in action. We left them with a group of farmers heading towards the city, while we branched off to make a stand against a group of lizardfolk. We destroyed them, but a goblin escaped; we followed him to another group, which we split up and eradicated. We were slowed in rejoining them by a group of giants and some troll-bloods; were it not for Marius and Monique, here, I am quite sure we'd all be dead from that battle. By the time we caught up with the farmers, my friends had made a noble stand of their own; we don't know their fate, but they slowed the orcs enough for the farmers to escape, saving countless lives. Our friends Lei Grall and Humffrey have left the city in search of our companions. Ace refuses to mention the possibility that his friends are dead. When Monique broaches the topic of the ships, Ace interjects after Brasseur's response. Do you mean the thieves' guild that has run in the city for some time, or this a new force? Because I am... inclined to trust the established thieves. They may have a dishonest line of work, but they love this city very much. Tam trusted... trusts them too. Could you perhaps set those ships to fishing? That might help alleviate some of the food shortage.

NotScaryBats
2011-11-30, 08:59 PM
"I am a master illusionist. If you have suspicion of who precisely is in league with the goblins, I could assume the guise of a goblin and make contact."

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-30, 09:37 PM
Marius

"It seems to me that the easiest method of finding out the information we seek is to capture some goblins and orc, until we find one that knows something. Interrogation is part of war, and I think we need to gather as much information about the enemy force as possible. One goblin will lead us to another, who will eventually lead us to the rats in this city." The warlord smiles grimly. "Besides, when has killing a goblin ever been a bad idea? I don't suppose any of you speak giant or goblin?"

Leewei
2011-11-30, 09:54 PM
Bolerum

Chagrined, the human looks at Ashe. "You are right to think that I am eager for battle. Kord's sacred violence burns in my veins. Each day I live brings me a step closer to an unnatural death by old age or illness. Adventurers such as we are better suited to action than to ... city matters." He obviously isn't thrilled with the less straightforward variety of adventure.

He then volunteers to Marius, "I speak the language of the big folk."

Gillric
2011-12-01, 08:52 AM
If there is still food stashed somewheres within the city, liberating it would do much to enable the city to hold out against the goblins and their allies. We would be able to take a more measured approach and not be as reckless.

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 08:57 AM
DM
William face show sadness as he learn of Eliael, Baldric and Tam fate.
"Pelor's Sun, I hope they made it ok."
When it comes to the thieves subject, a suspicious and unsure look appear on the captain,
"I am not sure it is the thieves guild directly, but it wouldnt be out of their line of work. Even if they are not in league with the goblins, their records are not really clean you know."
The captain shurg at Ace boat idea.
"I can suggest it to my commander, but I am not sure it is a good idea. These ship captain wont want to relinquish they boat and if we let them out of the docks, what will stop them from simply fleeing."

To Monique proposition, he nods,
"I'll keep that in mind miss, but we do not have any idea whom is behind this right now."

The man nod to Marius,
"Of course slaying these pest is a good thing, that is why I offer 2 GP for their left ears. We also manage to cature some, but we have not yet been lucky. Even the one that appears to been some sort of leader didnt knew much about all this. Their mission was to get the food and not kill the people, at least as much as possible. We think their goal is to starve us. The more people to feed, to quicker we will start to feel the siege effects of starvation.

An other thing that we learned is how they got here. Well it is still unclear, but from what we understand about their vague description, they have been sent here by some magician via magic. I know nothing about magic, but it would appear that some sort of magical circle sent the goblins troops right into some ruins in the forest.

Other than that, we didnt learn much."

Captain Brasseur look at Ashe hopefully,
"It would sure help, but we have no clues as where it could be, if still in here. We passed the words that we offer some reward for the stolen food, but no one came to us."

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-01, 09:02 AM
Marius

"Siege tactics are only useful if you want to capture a city, if you just want to burn it down, you don't need to play the waiting game, or steal food supplies. The question we have to ask ourselves is who benefits from this city starving. I wonder what sort of political pressure has been put on the city lately. A political enemy would be the most likely candidate for this kind of pressure, as it seems clear the goblins didn't come halfway across the world to plunder some food."

Gillric
2011-12-01, 09:09 AM
A magic circle you say? Ashe ponders this for a moment. I wonder if we could use it to travel in the opposite direction?

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 09:54 AM
DM
William look impressed by Marius reasoning,
"I didnt get your name, but your reasoning does make some sense. I know some of our leaders are taking this possibility into account. As for political enemy, we dont really have any that have declared itself openly. But with the food sortage around the country, we did had people from everywhere come here to negociate food. We ruffled many feathers lately with our strong position as far as I know. Many suspect the Krom-Dac dwarves to have played into this as most of weapons the enemies use is marked by one of their smith. Also, they werent too happy with the price being raise for the food we does trade with them. Torres also negociated a lot with use for food, and they still are... well were up to the attack."

As AShe ask more about the magical circle, all that William reply is a "I have no idea" sign.

Gillric
2011-12-01, 10:03 AM
Ashe

Turning to Ace, You say Tam trusted this Thieve's Guild, do you know who his contacts were? It may be a way for us to find out if there is still food stashed in the city.

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 10:11 AM
DM
The militia captain appear intrigued by Ashe question and look at Ace awaiting his answer.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-01, 11:17 AM
Ace
When Brasseur sort of dismisses Ace's suggestion, he elaborates. But people are starving, captain. Just take the ships; put a squad of trusted guards on the ship, some experienced fishermen and the boats' crews, impound their captains and their cargo, and use them. It won't be popular among the merchants in port, but it could save lives. Among the Vistani, we are never afraid to take one man's wealth to better the caravan. You must do what is helpful, not what is popular. He shrugs. Anyway, just a suggestions.

When Ashe asks about his contacts in the Thieves, he replies quickly. Yes. I am going to meet with one tonight; I'm not sure where, but I'm certain I'll find her. Bord-Eau is not a big town, they must know we're back. He adjusts his hat. It would probably be best if I meet with them alone. Before we left, Eliael provoked them and got them really angry. I just barely managed to salvage things; I don't want to risk them overreacting if I bring friends. He turns to Captain Brasseur. They are determined to clear their name of this brutal theft, captain. I am quite sure they will use all their power to reveal who is behind this secondary theft.

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 11:42 AM
DM
"As I said, I'll suggest it to the council, as the idea is a good one. But I am not sure they'll act on it and will seize the boats. It is the best that I can do."

The captain appear unconvinced of Ace assesment of the thieves, but still reply with neutrality.
"We will see with whatever proof they can bring about the goblins situation, but you know it doesnt really change what they do in this district for a living."

Gillric
2011-12-01, 12:01 PM
Ashe

Other than this possible stash of food, are there any other matters in which we may be able to assist the city until our friends return with word? Ashe asks the Captain.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-01, 12:01 PM
Marius

"Sorry for my rudeness, Captain, my name is Marius, former Captain of the army, until my squad was killed off by greenskins and there were no ready replacements."

Geography is not my strong suit, how far away are these dwarves? I would recommend we pay them a visit, as well as investigate the magic circle, and find a way to use it to our advantage, or disable it. There are an awful lot of goblins here already, I'd hate to leave a portal open for them to use to bring in reinforcements."

Gillric
2011-12-01, 12:09 PM
Ashe

Just because they goblins use weapons smithed by the dwarves is no proof of an alliance. There are many ways to acquire weapons that can place no ill intent upon the dwarves. For all we know, they raided the dwarves before coming here.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-01, 12:16 PM
Marius

"Which is why I suggested we visit them, not obliterate them."

Gillric
2011-12-01, 12:31 PM
Ashe

And while we are off talking to dwarves, who will be here to deal with the very present issues of starvation and the goblin horde?

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 12:52 PM
DM
The captain nod to Ashe,
"To answer you bluntly sir elf, we have thing relativly in control within the city now. I heard we got some news from the fields and Grandpre by some druid. Grandpre is also surrounded and cut from everyone else right now and most of the farms are bieng sacked and the farmers try to take refuge into the cities or band toggether to protect themselves.

The only place we dont already have news of is Fort-Du-Col. We received no news form them and none of our messenger came back from there yet, which can be normal since it takes about 2 days to get there pushing your horse to the max, 3 at normal pace.

What we really need is to get back the food that was stolen and to get an idea why, where, and what the enemies are doing right now. From what I got told, the enemies are somewhere in the Green Forest, but we simply dont know more that that. Also, the fact that so many clans and even races work toggether kinda imply some sort of strong ruler among their rank does worry us. I doubt the city council will dare send our soldiers there, but we have been told to look for mercenaries.... or heroes, for that job."

As Marius introduce himself, the captain shake his hand,
"Well met Marius. As I dont reemmber ever seeing you before,I guess you worked from an other city. It is always good to have strong leadership in these kind of situation."

William pull out a map from his papers and shows it to the warlord.

World Map
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3347/terresdelouestanglais.jpg

"Krom-Dac is there, on the other side of the Neak Peaks pass (Monts du col), somewhere within the Black Marshes (Les Marais Noir). Most of the enemies also comes form the Black Marshes, that coupled with the weaponry, it is why most people are pointing finger their way. I am not saying it is the truth.... but it does look that way.

I have no idea where this portal was, but the goblins who told us about it mentionned they ended up within the Green Forest (La Foret Verte). If you seek the portal, it would be a good place to search.... unless you meant the original portal, which should be in the Black Marshes, at least we assumed so."

The man listen at Ashe and Marius discussion and step in to cut some tensions.

"I might preach for my own country here, but I think we would benefit way more if you could help us here. Going to Krom-Dac would take days, that is if the Fort-Du-Col is even still safe and that you can go throught it. Beside, we only have supposition here, and as Ashe said, they might not be responsible at all in this and it would have been a lost of time.

If you want to help us, getting us some food or intelligence about the enemy would be most useful."

Leewei
2011-12-01, 01:01 PM
Bolerum

Upon hearing the captain's plea to recapture the food supplies, a slow, predatory grin spreads across the armored man's face. "Here is a task worthy of us," he states.

Gillric
2011-12-01, 01:12 PM
Ashe

Suddenly Ashe remembers something they had found with some of the foes they had slain. Does anyone still have the copy of what was on that map when we first found it? The view of a portion of the forest? Maybe that location has something to do with where the circle comes out on this end?

NotScaryBats
2011-12-01, 01:16 PM
"Perhaps we should venture into the Green Forest and attempt an assassination of the leadership? Portal magic is beyond me, but I may be able ta destroy the portal itself, stymying goblin reinforcements.

"This is, 'course, after everyone is back in fighting condition an' has wrapped up their tasks in the city."

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 01:18 PM
DM
Ashe realise that he is the one who copied it and pull the copy out of his how backpack.

Map of the unseen lands when originaly found (Post 1156)
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2440/unseenlandsmap.jpg

Note that this was in the first OOC post.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-01, 02:02 PM
"Ah ha!" Monique cries when she sees the map, "I heard about that city - Magdebourg. Long time ago there was this evil tyrant an 'e ruled the area from there. I betcha there would be the place the circle is -- or at least it's worth a check out."

Dekkah
2011-12-01, 02:11 PM
DM
William look at the map with interest, but apparently doesnt not recognise anything on it as he tried to refer it to his country map. He finally up and say,
"I guess this is somewhere in the forest, if your map is exact. These are hand made anyway, and mine doesnt have enough details to efficiently locate this."

Gillric
2011-12-02, 09:26 AM
Ashe

At Monique'e exclamation, If that city is old enough to be in ruins it would definitly fit. The good Captain here has said that the goblins circle on this end is in some ruins.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-02, 10:04 AM
Marius

"What about these druid stones. Seems to me if we are looking for a stone circle, druid stones makes sense. They have mysterious powers over nature, and travelling from one place to another sounds like ancient primal magic to me. That said, I lift a blade for a living, not sling a spell."

Dekkah
2011-12-02, 10:28 AM
DM
Seeing that the group is talking more among themselves than to him, the captain tell the heroes,
"I was happy to get news of you and to see that you are still helping us with the goblins. Unless you guys have something else to tell me or ask, I have some buisness to attend to, relying your fshing idea."

Being dismissed, you leave the captain office and continue your discussion outside.

Note that you can keep talking among yourselves, but the captasin doesnt hear you anymore.

If you had more quesitons for him, keep asking though, I simply assumed that you are done.

Gillric
2011-12-02, 02:39 PM
Ashe

Well, it looks like we will be making an expedition to the forest after Ace returns. In the meantime we should collect what supplies we need. If no one objects I will attempt to sell that battleaxe and amulet of protection we have. Is there anything else you can think of that we need to do before we leave town?

NotScaryBats
2011-12-02, 09:05 PM
Monique

"I'm all for hurrying, but don'cha think we should set out in daylight? Creepy ruins of an ancient, evil tyrant? Goblins an' the like?

I dun know 'bout you, but I don't have dark vision. Is that what those fancy goggles'f yours do?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-02, 09:24 PM
Marius

"I think we should find a magical way of speaking and understanding goblin. Never know when it could come in handy, especially to interrogate someone."

Dekkah
2011-12-04, 08:53 AM
DM
The heroes heads out to the market district and hit the shops as Ace head to meet with his thieves friends.

When the group is done, they return to the inn, around mid afternoon to find Ace already there waiting at a table.

Ok, Ashe can sell the items for 20 % of their value (standard)

you cannot find gem of colloquy with the goblin language for sale anywhere, but you do find a magician shop owner who can make one, but he ask a little bit more than the standard price (580 GP ineasted of 520).

Ace is done, so we can resume roleplay with his about what he learned and what you'll guys do.

Gillric
2011-12-04, 04:05 PM
Ashe

Realizing that they had forgotten about the bounty completely in their haste, Ashe collects the pouch of ears and returns to the Militia Captain's headquarters to exchange them for the gold.

19 left ears = 38 GP for the group loot

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-04, 04:23 PM
Ace
Good evening, my friends. Our work this night is not yet done; I met Julian, a friend of Tam's, though I had been hoping to find Zorana, a closer friend of mine. He directed me to this address; we had to speak in innuendo to avoid allowing others in the room to understand, but I believe he intended to tell me I ought to bring you all with me when we go to investigate. I've no idea if we're going to be meeting Zorana or a horde of angry ne'erdowells, so we should be prepared for anything.

Dekkah
2011-12-05, 09:02 AM
DM
The heroes get ready and heads out toward the oldest district. As they walk in the city, they notice that the citizens mood changed from panic to some hint of despair since the intial assault. Peoples does their buisness, but without any hint of passion.

You have n trouble finding the Dove street in the old district. Looking at the houses numbers, you establish that you need to go toward the sea to reach number 101. You walk for a good 10 minutes when you finaly ends up in front of number 101. To you surprise, the building is half destroyed, having suffered from fire surely quite some time ago.

As you are about to investigate, Ashe spot an small humanoid form watching the group from a side alley. He realise that the shadow is apparently trying to get their attention when it make some oise loud enough for everyone to look at his way. At that point, the shadowy person make a beaconing sign and walk around the corner into a small alley parrallel to the Dove street.

Did a bit of fastforward to save some time, hope you guys dont mind.

What do you guys do.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-05, 12:30 PM
Marius

The warlord looks after the shadowy figure. "So, is that your contact, or are we going to have to kill some people?"

Leewei
2011-12-05, 02:32 PM
Bolerum

The armored man leaves his greatsword sheathed and advances cautiously after the small figure.

Gillric
2011-12-05, 04:06 PM
Ashe

Ashe follows the others while keeping an eye on his surroundings

Perception: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-05, 05:24 PM
Ace
He shakes his head. That certainly isn't Zorana, but it is probably one of Julian's other agents. Lets follow him; Julian wouldn't lead us into a trap, but that doesn't mean there isn't one, so be wary. Ace leads the way after the figure who beckoned them.

Dekkah
2011-12-05, 07:24 PM
DM
The group set out after the cloaked human. As they turn the corner, they can spot him leaning against a bulding halfway into the alley. The group move closer and a woman voice talk to Ace,
"So you are back in town buddy, nice to see you safe and sound."
The girl drop her hood and you all can see a very young woman, 16 years old maximum. Her features arent exactly humans and you recognize her to be a razorclaw shifter, but still, she is quite nice to look at.
"What happened to Tam and the others? And more to the point, who are these and can we really trust them?"
Her eyes keep darting at each heroes waryly as if she was expecting them to jump at her.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-05, 10:27 PM
Ace
The Vistani grins. Ah, Zorana! I didn't recognize you in all of this gloom. Its good to see you, he says, bowing and removing his hat. He rights himself. Tam, Eliael and Baldric are... missing in action. They were last seen making a stand against a group of orcs, with the intention of slowing them down. Some druidic friends of ours are looking for them outside the city walls. He turns to his friends. I would have come alone, but Julian implied I had best bring allies, so here they are. They have all saved my life personally at least once, so naturally I trust them. Meet Ashe, Bolerum, Marius and Monique, he explains, introducing his companions each in turn.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-06, 03:09 AM
Monique

"Oi, nice ta meetcha!" Monique says warmly. She was glad to see someone about her age. And these men were a little smelly. Hopefully, this girl would prove to be someone they could count on, not another enemy.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-06, 03:15 AM
Marius

Marius says nothing, and keeps his eyes open for trouble.

Gillric
2011-12-06, 09:57 AM
Ashe

Ashe, unsurprised by the fact that the person they are meeting continues to keep an eye on their surroundings.

Dekkah
2011-12-06, 10:11 AM
DM
While Zorana appear to still be wary about Ace new allies, she nods to them,
"Nice to meet you too Monique. I guess it can't be worst than the stupid eladrin."
She walks gracefully toward the group and keep her voice low as she speaks.
"You did well, I did ask Julian to ask for your friends as well. You sure remember the man that we were watching when you left two days ago. Well after watching him for some time, we decided to interrogate him yesterday. With a bit of convincing, he told us that he was named Brammeur and was working here for some time. His job was mostly to hire mercenaries to for merchants, to escort their ware or protect their storage buildings. A few weeks ago, a man approach him for buisness. He doesnt know his name, only call him 'Green'. I do beleive him on that point."
The tone in the young girl voice imply that she beleive in the information because they probably extracted it by force.
"That man asked Brammeur to provide many services. He wanted many mercenaries and also asked for some discret people to watch over stuff for him. We managed to get an address out of him, where he beleive that this 'Green' is. It is a storage building around here. You actually passed by it on Dove street.
We have been watching it for some time now and we do beleive there is people inside. We can see some by the upper windows from time to time, and we did see some guards by the doors, but no sign of the man named 'Green' coming out or inside. Calios thnks he spotted him a few hours ago in a side alley close by. He lost him quickly and Sofia beleive he entered the sewers. From that point, we started to watch the sewers entry, and did spot a couple of mens move inside them."
Zorana hesitate a bit to continue, looking at the people she doesnt know,
"I am happy you are here now. While me and my associates arent really fighters, you look solid enough to possibly do something about these mens. From what I gathered the last few days, I think that this man did steal some of the city food and keep it in that building."
She pause at that point, apparently awaiting your opinion on the idea.

Gillric
2011-12-06, 11:12 AM
Ashe

Finally speaking, Ashe greets the young girl. Thank you for meeting us. If these people have stolen food stashed in this building we should see what we can do to change that fact.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-06, 12:43 PM
Marius

"So are we going in the front door, sneaking around, or trying the diplomatic approach?" Marius asked, interested now that there was a distinct enemy to fight.

Gillric
2011-12-06, 12:47 PM
Ashe

Taking a look at his allies in heavy armor, I don't think the sneaking around idea would work too well for our friends here in heavy armor. So regardless if we try to be diplomatic or not, at least some of us are going in the front door.

Dekkah
2011-12-06, 01:27 PM
DM
As the group start to discuss strategy, Zorana give Ace a small smile and say,
"Come with me then, 'Ill show you that place."
You walk for a minute when Zorana stop and look around to be sure you are alone. Seing no one in the vincinity, she says, hurry, climb on that building there.
Every hurry up on the 10 feet high building roof. When there, she guide up up even higher, on the second part of the building a good 20 feet high. From there, you can see most of the other roofs, as not many exceed this hieght.
You also, spot an other young woman crouched at one corner of the flat roof, watching the treet below.
Talking very softly, she says,
"Come, but keep quiet."
Once you all reach the other girl position, Zorana point a building and whisper.
"It is that building. Anything happened Sofia?"
The other girl shake her head in denial.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6729/citystorage.jpg

The building is the one where you cannot see the grid on it.
The brown squares are 10 feet high roof.
The grey squares are 20 feet high roofs.
The black holes with grates are manhole leading to the sewers.
The blue lines are doors.
The yellow lines are windows on the ground level (5 feet high)
The Green lines are some kind of windows 15 feet high or the ground. They doesnt have glass, but are simply covered by some planks that can be pushed out to let some air enter the building. Most of them are held slightly open by a small shaft of wood, letting you see partially inside. You cannot see much, beside that there is some light inside, and some people pass in front of them from time to time.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1457/windowl.jpg
REddish brown is the wall.
Brown is the plank and the shaft holding it open.
The black is part of the windows hole you can see.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-06, 03:18 PM
Monique

Monique whispers quietly, "So, did'ja call 'im Green cuz he was a goblin, or what? It's a weird name for a fella, I mean."

Dekkah
2011-12-06, 03:22 PM
DM
Zorana shake her head,
"No, he is human. Tall and thin, with blond hair and deep blue eyes. No idea why he is called Green. From what I understand, it is the name he gave Brammeur when they first met."

NotScaryBats
2011-12-06, 08:54 PM
Monique

"You sure? Tch, it'd be so much easier 'f it turned out ta be a goblin in disguise or something.

"Anyways, wanna try an sneak in through the sewer or talk our way through the doors?"

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-06, 09:10 PM
Ace
Monique; you once mentioned you were a master illusionist. Do you think you and I could try and talk our way into that warehouse? If things go sour, we've got magic to defend us until our companions can arrive.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-06, 09:57 PM
Monique

"Yeah, but should I try an look like Green, or do you know another member of the group? I s'pose we could kidnap one'a them, then I could snatch 'is or 'er face...?

"Whatcha think? Green or a minion or what?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-06, 10:17 PM
Marius

"I say we break down the front door and ask questions after busting some skulls." Marius said, clearly annoyed at the delay.

Leewei
2011-12-06, 11:02 PM
Bolerum

The Kord-ite perks up at the mention of the direct tactic. He leans back, preparing to slam his plated shoulder into the door. One last time, he looks to his companions to be assured of their preparedness.

Dekkah
2011-12-07, 09:14 AM
DM
Sofia was about to say something, when Marius mention busrting throught the main door. She close her mount for a second and decide to speak anyway.
"Girl, if you need to see someone of their gang for your disguise, we know where they enter and exit the sewers. You see the building there, there is a grate leading down behind it (-C36). That is where they go in and out. If you are patient, you should be able to see someone leave.

As for the sewers, I did some scouting down there using an entry point over there (AC50), but I didnt dare go near the building itself. I know this area (Magenta lines), it goes like that. I am sure these connect (green line), as I can see these two manholes (N-1 and P34), but I dont know if there is other side passages anywhere in there (on the green line). I also didnt find any other sewer that could lead to these two entries. (A-3 and -C36), even while exploring sewer more to the north.

I am pretty sure these two front doors are locked. But I did see some guard get in there, using the double doors. They knock three times and say some password. That is where I am unsure of what I heard... I could not proprely hear it. It is either 'Beleive' or 'Releive'.

We also did check out the ground level window. It is partialy blocked, but it look like some sort of living quarters."

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6729/citystorage.jpg
Magenta line is the sewer that Sofia explored.
Green line is what she can guess for sure.
Yellow circle is where many mens got in and out.
The red dot is where she entered safely in the sewer.

Gillric
2011-12-07, 09:45 AM
Ashe

I think some form of subterfuge is called for here.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-07, 06:04 PM
Monique

"How's this for a compromise? We stake out the manhole they come in 'n outta, you two get ta jump the firs' guy who comes out, rough 'im up a bit, an' the four of us," here, she indicates Ashe, Ace, his contact and herself, "we all get our answers, come up wit' a story, an' infiltrate the place. Whaddya think?"

Leewei
2011-12-07, 06:09 PM
Bolerum

The big man shrugs, then heads off with his fellows to the sewer hole.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-08, 12:56 AM
Ace
We don't want to risk Zorana's identity being known to our foes. I would suggest that once we have our answers, you and I enter alone, with you in the guise of the man or woman we apprehended. We bluff our way into more answers, and if things go sour, we have a contingency. He turns to his other companions. Atheltic types as you are, you could situate yourselves on the roof opposite and, if things degenerate inside, come busting in through the wooden planks blocking the holes in the wall. Zorana and Sofia can keep lookout outside, and an ear to the goings on in the warehouse. Does this sound like an acceptable plan?

Gillric
2011-12-08, 08:29 AM
Ashe

Looks like I am going to get a chance to try out my new amulet sooner rather than later. Lets get ourselves a captive. Ashe moves to the back of the building to climb down out of sight of the main building.

Dekkah
2011-12-08, 09:45 AM
DM
Zorana nod,
"It suit me well enough. My allies and I will keep watch around the place and try to warn you if something might disrupt your plan. I have 3 more mens keeping watch around here right now, comme 'Ill introduce them to you and see if they learned more."

The group of heroes climb down into the street and goes around the block. You meet two mens and a dragonborn. None of them have anything new to report to you. As Zorana introduce you to the dragonborn she add,
"If you have trouble getting answer from your prisonners, tell me. Carlor here have a knack to have question answered."
The dragonborn makes what would probably be a small smile for someone of his race.

When your round is done, Zorana split the group in two and position you so you can see her allies and be able to go to either the front door or the sewer access so you can intercept people coming out of either place. The wait isnt very long, as two mens get out of the sewer five minutes later. Carlor signal you and you all start moving after the mens.

When they are far enough form the warehouse, and in a empty alley, you guys rush at them. You have no trouble knocking them down. You bring the mens back to an isolated alley that Zorana found out close by.

You then wake up the man and start to question him. He instantly try to bargain for his life.
"Look, 'Ill tell you everything I know, but you have to swear you'll let me go, alive and free."

Leewei
2011-12-08, 11:44 AM
Bolerum

Smiling affably at the new prisoner, Bolerum explains, "As my friend might say, the lady smiles on you today! Unlike your fellows, you may yet live to draw breath. We'll be interviewing one or two others before destroying your operation. Tell us everything you know - who you're working for, the number and placement of the guards and other hazards, passwords and so on. Also, your best guess about what is kept where inside. Once we're finished dealing with your less fortunate companions, you can go free."

"That is, unless you lie or dissemble. Then, I'm sure we can find someone who would be happy to gut you like a pig and make your innards into sausage, or strew them about before you like holiday ornaments."

Intimidation: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Dekkah
2011-12-08, 02:02 PM
DM
The man look at Bolerum and keep his gaze looked with the paladin for a few seconds, absobing the hero words.
The man finaly nod and say,
"Alright, I trust you word on this, that you'll let me free when our brought this down, I can live with that. Here is what I know.

I have been recruited in Fenris city two months ago. I am sure it isnt his real name, but the man asked us to call him 'Green'. We did some work for him there, that I am quite sure was meant to be some sort of test. I was chosen with many others to come here with 'Green' to prepare and execute some task.

We spent the last month securing this area, getting familiar with the streets of the city. We all this was for some bigger plan, but the details were kept secret until 5 days ago. The boss told us we would hit a couple of the city food storage. He took us in groups to give us our instructions. He always does that, I think it is so we dont know what the others will be doing or something. I knew there would be some diversion, but that is about it.

The night of the theft, when the bells rang, we knew it was our cue and we did our job. We cleaned the food storage and brought the food in a warehouse not far from here."
The man give you the indications confirming the place to be the warehouse you are planning to attack.
"Since then, we are on stand by. I dont know what he plan to do with the food, but i guess he will tell us soon enough."
The man shrug and pause for a second, thinking a little, then add,
"Now for your other question, I dont know exactly how many people there is inside the warehouse, but my guess would be at least a dozen people, probably more, in the warehouse : usuallytwo guard by the main door, two more at the office door, three guarding the sewer access and the rest are scattered in the warehouse, with the few mages and rangers atop the crates usually. I also know 'Green' is there right now, as I just spoke with him. He sent me check out his contact the the Fil d'Or inn to get the lastest informations and rumors."
Zorana cut in with a smile,
"Good luck with that, Brammeur had to leave town for some appointment..."
The prisonner appear unconcerned by the contact fate and give a small laugh.
"I never liked that man anyway. Now if you plan to simply burst in and ask them to surrender, you'll be dissapointed. We are being well paid and most of the mens are faithful to 'Green'. Even I would have fought you had I been in there to defend the place.... I am cooperating with you because I value my life and freedom... Anyway, I hope you know what you are doing, these mens wont give you second chances and wont hesitate to eliminate you."
Scratching his beard, the man give you some logistic information,
"The high building is an open warehouse. Crates are pilled everywhere. I can't give you a pattern as it isnt very organised in there, kinda randomly pilled up.

The lower building is some office with some bedrom.

There is a second exit under the warehouse, leading to the sewers, the one I used. The access is locked, and you need a password to get it open : 'Barrel'. Lead to a small room with a ladder to get into the main building.

I know the main doors also are locked at all time and require some password, but I dont know it, never used that way to get in.
The man finish with,
"Now for what is inside, well it should be food. That is unless they changed the crates contents while I was doing something else in the city. This is all I know, Now it is up to you to keep your words paladin."

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-08, 02:23 PM
Ace
The sorcerer laughs. Took the words right out f my mouth, my friend! That information is plenty helpful, thanks; you've my word that you will go free when we're done here. Now, Monique; ask our friend here what you need to perfect your spell. Meanwhile, let's separate his colleague and see if we can get the password to the front door too, eh? If no one objects, Ace will separate their other captive and then slap him awake to start the second interrogation.

Dekkah
2011-12-08, 03:12 PM
DM
Zorana stop Ace,
"Stay here, I'll bring this one away instead. We dont really need him for now and I guess 'Ill have to guard him if you guys go in that warehouse. I'll watching him with Carlor."
Zorana gag the prisonner telling him,
"You appear honest enough, but just in case eh?"
The man doesnt even resist. She walk him up to Carlor, who is still watching and she force the man to hide behind some broken crate in the alley, so the other prisonner doesnt see him.

Ace slap the othe rprisonner twice, waking him up roughly. He doesnt even waste a second and threathen the disoriented man right away. The man try to resist at first,
"I can't speak!! 'Green' will kill me! I ca..."
Ace cut him short, telling him that he will torture the man and kill him like he did to his friend if he refuse to tell him everything he want to know. Ace tone of voice is so concinving that even his friends are taken aback and even though they knows it is an act, they cant help but fell a chill runing down their spine with the effective beleivable threath.

The man wet himself and tell everything he knows. You learn nothing more than what the other man told you, as this man knows even less because he have been recruited in Villenoire a month ago. He does however confirm that the other man was telling the truth. This man doesnt know the main door password, as it is mostly only the mercenaries acting as guards hired in this city that use these doors.

Lol, rolled a 29 on your Intimidate...

Oh well, what is your next move? :).

Leewei
2011-12-08, 05:35 PM
Bolerum

Once the interrogations are finished, Bolerum speaks with his companions. "If we're to use subterfuge, I'd suggest luring Green into the area below the windows, then signaling Marius and me."

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-08, 11:37 PM
Ace
Alright, secure this one. I'll deal with him when we're done here, says Ace, motioning over to Zorana. Once the prisoner is gone, he turns to his companions. Alright, this is my idea. Monique disguises herself as the smart one, and I pose as one of Brammeur's men, coming to give a report to Green. We meet with him, take his measure, and then decide on a course of action. If we can insinuate ourselves into his organization and bring the Watch down on him at just the right time, that'd be ideal. Minimal bloodshed, that way.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-09, 03:52 AM
Monique

Brandishing her wand and making a show out of casting her illusion, Monique suddenly becomes a perfect replica of 'the smart one.'

"Look convincing 'nuff?" She says cockily, doing her best to imitate the mercenary's voice. Unfortunately, her chain mail remains unaltered by the 'spell.'

To see through my disguise requires an insight check vs my bluff +5, so I have a +19 net bonus to my roll.

Gillric
2011-12-09, 08:38 AM
Ashe

I think it will fool them Ashe responds. That is very effective magic, how do you do it?

Dekkah
2011-12-09, 09:50 AM
DM
Once monique ends her spell, her body completly changed to match the man in front of her. The man look astonished. Since her clothing remained the same, she ask the man coat and pants. He isnt to please about this, by give them none the less.
Once she is dressed up as the man, she look like him, as even her armor is nearly completly covered by the coat.

Monique, read your spell again, not only the armor doesnt change, but the rest of your equipement. That is why you had to take the one of the man.

I let you discuss the details for now, when you are in agreement, tell me what you do exactly.

Note for monique : The man name you impersonate is Mark Dorn.

NotScaryBats
2011-12-09, 08:21 PM
Monique

"Oh, uh, it's a little knack -- something I picked up on the way -- a gal's gotta be prepared, right?" Monique answers Ashe evasively.

"Well, Ace? Shall we?" 'Mark' says casually, appearing quite at ease all of a sudden.

She intends to go in through the sewer entrance with Ace.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-09, 08:48 PM
Ace
Ace nods. Yes, lets. Make sure you know the other man's name too, for completeness' sake. Our story is that you found me en route to the Fils D'Or. You led me back to warehouse to deliver my report, while your companion went to go see if Brammer had anything to add to what I was sent to say. I am not going to make up a name for myself; too risky, if they know I stood the wall the night of the raid. Instead, I'll just frame my actions in a different light, make it clear to them that I work for Brammer. Any additions, or are we set to go?

NotScaryBats
2011-12-10, 03:20 PM
Monique

"I think I'm ready. What signal works for you? Just a shout for help acceptable?"

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-10, 03:30 PM
Ace
He nods. Yes, that should do. I would light the roof afire as a signal, except that I think my first spell should be aimed at a foe, rather than the furniture. Plus, I wouldn't want to risk burning all the precious food in this warehouse. So yes, a simple call for help, should particularly loudly, should be enough to call our companions in. Before they leave, he turns back to Zorana. Remember, dear, to alert the Watch; I want them at our backs if this goes south, to secure the food.

Dekkah
2011-12-10, 04:28 PM
DM
Zorana face turn sour.
"Warn the watch... me? They hate us, and the feeling is relativly mutual. Even they dont know me and I'd prefer to keep like that. Can't you deal without them? Beside, arent you afraid that the guard might be implicated? I mean, pulling this kind of stunt leaving relativly no tracks ..."
Zorana shut up, shake her head and let out a resignated sigh,
"Ok, if you think it is best, I'll go hint the guards here... we arent in my district anyway, so I guess there is little harm for me in hinting them about this place. I'll buld up some story to draw them here."

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-10, 04:34 PM
Ace
No, no, you're right. Guards in this district might be involved, and that could make things worse. But I trust Captain Brasseur. He draws out a spare Ace of Spaces playing card and writes down a note to Brasseur. He hands it to her. If you could have a runner you trust deliver this to Captain Brasseur, I think that would be best. He might respond more slowly than the local guards, but its safer. He pauses for a moment. You should make sure the runner is not clearly a member of your Guild; Brasseur doesn't entirely trust you guys, though I do. They could tell him I paid them to deliver the card to his address.

Note:
We think we've found the food thieves. We're going to see if we can shut them down ourselves, but we may need backup. Would appreciate it if you'd come down to [insert warehouse address here] with a squad or two of guards in case we don't succeed on our own.

-Ace

Leewei
2011-12-11, 08:47 PM
Bolerum

The paladin shrugs and shimmies up the wall of a nearby building.

Armor in versatile mode (AC20, no penalties and move 6). Athletics to climb up: [roll0]

Position -C16. If one of the North windows gets broken or he is otherwise alerted, Bol takes a running jump through either the broken window, or else the window directly South of his position if the windows are somehow intact.

Dekkah
2011-12-15, 01:49 PM
DM
The heroes finaly come to an agreement and set their plan int motion.
Bolerum move onto the building roof , just north of the warehouse, he have little trouble getting into position and wait patiently, listening for Ace or Monique voice.

Bolerum Map :
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6660/citylh.jpg

Meanwhile, Monique and Ace goes first, followed just out of their torch light in case these would meet some other people. An horrible smeel comes from the dirty water flowing slowly down there. On eahc side, there is a small ledge where you can walk. The sewer itself it barely 5 feet high, making you have to crouch a little. There is some planks here and there to let you go over the water, mostly at crossroads.

Monique lead the group with Mark instructions with ease and immediatly spot the secret passage doorway where it should be. After a quick inspection, she find no traps and push it open. As expected, il spin easyly over it middle axe revealing a 10 feet corridor ending on a wooden door.
Ace and Monique enter the corridor, while Ashe and Marius rush to position on each side of the secret door.

Ashe and Marius Map :
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9883/cityssewers.jpg
The yellow dots are the sewer acces.
The blue square is the sewer access you used to enter.
The red Line is the path you took to get to the secret access.

When they both enter the small corridor, they notice that the door have some peephole, blocked by some plank right now. When the heroes are ready, Monique knock on the door. A few second later, a voice, muffled by the door says,
"Password?"

Monique give them man tha password Mark gave her. The peehole open up, anda pair of eyes lock gaze with Monique, still disguised as Mark. The peephole shut and you can hear the door being unlocked.
The door open up realing a small room. The man tell Monique,
"Close the secret passage fools and get inside."
As Monique enter, the man ask,
"Dammit Mark, you know the boss hate it when you bring some stranger here... who's this?"

Marius and Ashe, do you want to do something special?

Bolerum I expect you stay alert outside, you can see Sofia and Zorana on other roofs.
Ace and Monique, some PM will come your way soon (with more details).... continued for them in this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225870)

Dekkah
2011-12-16, 10:56 AM
DM
Sewers :
Ace start to reply as he close the secret passage.
You can clearly hear the beggining of his reply.
"Ace of Spades, at your service. I was on my way here to deliver Brammer's latest report, when I ran into Mark and his companion, who were on their way ..."
Bu as the wall finaly is completly shut down, it becomes harder to hear Ace muffled voice, even more so to understand him. After a few more seconds, you cant even hear him anymore.

Ok, now you are still in the sewers, and the secret dor/wall is closed now.

What do you do?

Dekkah
2011-12-19, 10:10 AM
DM
Sewers :
In the sewers, Marius still cant hear a thing as the minutes pass, and AShe can hear a few muffled sound from time to time, but cannot hear anything clearly.

Outside :
Outside, Bolerum notice that Sofia attention have been caught by something happening in front of the building. She make a few hand signals to Zorana, which reply to her something by hands as well and Sofia move quickly to get down of the building.

Leewei
2011-12-19, 10:25 AM
Bolerum

The paladin moves and takes a look at the front of the building.

Dekkah
2011-12-19, 10:39 AM
DM
Outside :
Bolerum move west a little, the the edge of the building he is on and look over the lower part of the building. At first he sees nothing, then a young boy, probably less than 10 years olds appears, probably coming from one of the two front door. He keep walking inot the street, heading west in the alley in the same direction Sofia appearently went.

Gillric
2011-12-19, 11:58 AM
Ashe

Ashe listens intently in an attempt to make out what is being said.

Dekkah
2011-12-19, 12:14 PM
DM
Sewers :
Ashe put his ear onto the secret passage door and listen.

Info sent in PM

Gillric
2011-12-19, 01:53 PM
Ashe

Marius, we won't be able to hear a signal from here. Do you want to try to get into the hallway or just open this panel enough to hear through?

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-19, 06:18 PM
Marius

"If we go in, we'll risk our companion's safety...even just opening the panel does that, but it seems to be our only chance."

Gillric
2011-12-20, 11:43 AM
Ashe

Nodding to Marius, Ashe attempts to ease the panel open just enough to allow them to hear what is going on inside.

Stealth: [roll0], not sure what else to roll here

Dekkah
2011-12-20, 12:27 PM
DM
Ashe push the secret door slightly open. The door pivot a little, leaving a crack of about an inch. At that point, Ashe keen ears start to hear the conversation of the mens in the room and Marius manage to also understand it partially, getting a few words : Moron, king, kind and heart.
Suddenly, you can hear someone yell form afar and you manage to pick up a few of the words,"Boss,............back"
You both are sure it isnt Ace nor Monique that yelled that.

What do you guys wanna do?
Ashe : PM incoming.

Map :
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9117/cityssewer.jpg

Gillric
2011-12-21, 08:20 AM
Ashe

Ashe whispers to Marius, At least one of them wants to knife "Mark", we will have to be careful to make sure he doesn't get the chance.

Dekkah
2011-12-21, 08:35 AM
DM
The two heroes wait patiently for about 10 minutes, listening to the card game from their position in the sewer.
Ashe is the first to hear that someone is getting down a ladder to you left. Right behind him, a second person is getting down as someone say loudly enough for you to hear,
"Juss bringin him out."
As this is being said, you both can hear that the door lock is being unlocked.

What do you guys do?

NOTE : I didnt wait for Marius reply, mainly because of his last post saying he prefer not risk making trouble for those inside... so I am guessing he would simply listen since you guys can hear people inside right now... feel free to correct me if I was wrong Tiger.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-21, 11:08 AM
Ace
As he sees the gentlemen from earlier, Ace smiles. He reaches the bottom of the ladder and tips his hat. Evening, gentlemen. I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot earlier, 'twas not my intention. However, we are now coworkers, and so I want no ill will between us. He walks over to look at the card game, taking a position from which he cannot see anyone's hand. So, has the boss let his guards take a taste of the food? The inns I've been staying at are all serving junk, and I'd give two weeks' pay to crack one of those crates, haha!

Gillric
2011-12-21, 11:20 AM
Ashe

Hearing Ace returning, Ashe gently eases the door closed and steps back out of sight.

Dekkah
2011-12-21, 11:33 AM
DM
As Ashe close his own door, he sees that the inner door is being opened, as light start to fill the corridor. Becasue fo that, they still can hear what is being said inside.

"It's ok mate. No ill feeling. So yer be working with us eh? Dont worry, we are being fed alright."

In the room, behind Ace, the man who started to open the door stop with it partially opened.
"Sorry sir Ace of Spades, but I was told to 'scort you out. Th'boss was pissed last time I did't do this right away."

Map incoming in PM Ace.... if you need it

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-21, 05:42 PM
Marius

"That fool has some luck." Marius mutters under his breath, sword at the ready.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-21, 07:52 PM
Ace
He smiles, pats the one closest to him on the back comradely and turns towards the exit. We should play sometime. I am rather fond of card games, he says, thanking the man who's seeing him out and closing the hall door behind him. He moves to the stone panel and turns it, passing through into the sewer halls. Gentlemen, you are currently in the presence of Mr. Green's newest employee. Probably his last hire ever, too, if I have my way, he whispers with a knowing smirk. I should get topside and speak with Zorana. Perhaps Brasseur and his men are here; Monique is still inside, stuck with the trappings of being 'Mark', so I'd rather lower the boom on them tonight before she gets into trouble, if we can.

Dekkah
2011-12-21, 08:42 PM
DM
When Ace walk out, the door is closed behind him.
Ace end up with Ashe and Marius, walking in the sewers.

What do you guys wanna do?
Ace look like he will go out,... does Ashe and Marius follow?

Note, you wont have any trouble finding zorona outside (she is on the top of a building overlooking the sewer entry/exit point.

Gillric
2011-12-22, 09:37 AM
Ashe

Once Ace joins them and the door is shut, The sooner we can get her out of there the better. I overheard one of the guards saying they wanted to "stick a knife in Mark's back".

Leewei
2011-12-22, 06:54 PM
Bolerum

On his nearby perch, Bolerum ponders the building and its sudden signs of activity.

"Kord, you are indeed stoic. Were you any other god, I might ask you for some sign or portent to direct me. Charging heedless into battle might cost my companions dear. How might you advise me to proceed, tree-juggler?"

A moment later, the man lifts his head and eyes his new sword. "Of course!" he says loudly. "Subtle deeds are for those who lack your might. As one who reveres you, I shall not seek your divine counsel. I instead beg you for your STRENGTH!"

He then begins to laugh as he vaults the street, greatsword in hand, slamming his armored form into the window aside the warehouse!

Armor in standard (AC21) mode. Athletics [roll0] with a running start to leap into the window bordering B16.

MBA vs the window: [roll1] with greatsword.

Free Action: Berserker's Fury to gain +2 to all damage rolls UEE.

Leewei
2011-12-22, 06:58 PM
Bolerum

Crashing to the floor, the paladin cries out, "Gluttons! Hoarders! Thieves! If any among you cowards are ready to die, COME AT ME!"

Intimidate: [roll0]

Dekkah
2011-12-22, 07:50 PM
DM
Ace, Ashe and Marius walk out of the sewer and spot Zorana on the roof across the street. As they cross the street to get to her, they hear loud steps to the west. As they look, they see Bolerum soar throught the air and in one sweep break the windows and crash right throught the now open window, at which point the heroes loose sight of him.

Map :
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6248/cityw.jpg

Ok, this is where Ace, Ashe and Marius are... Bolerum ran and jump the red line.... and did manage his jump inside the building... fun times ahead. Note that the window there is now open.

Bolerum, I'll send you a PM soon with explanation. We will go in rounds from here.... this will start tommorow only though. not much time right now.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-22, 08:48 PM
Marius

"Okay, I admit it may not have been a smart move at this point, but you can't deny it had style." He looks at the others. "So, burst through the windows as well, or back to the sewer?"

Dekkah
2011-12-23, 10:30 AM
DM
From the roof close by, you can hear Zorana mutters,"Damn..."
It is Ace turn, but Marius and Ashe can piost in advance.... as I doubt your turn will affect each others).
Initiave :
Round : Surprise
Ace(+7)..…………..: 27 <-----------------Active player
Green (+7).........: 23 (Surprised)
HM (+5)............: 23 (Surprised)
Marius(+5).........: 19
Ashe(+8) ........ : 14
HGB (+6)...........: 12 (Surprised)
Bolerum (+3).…….: 12
HaS (+4)...........: 11 (Surprised)
HW (+4)............: 11 (Surprised)
HGM (+0)...........: 11 (Surprised)
Monique(+1).......: 10 (Surprised)

Monsters status :
???

Players Status

(?) Bolerum: 41/41, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 12/12

(A37) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(A38) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

(??) Monique : 32/34, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/8

(-A37) Marius : 32/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/7

Map :
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6248/cityw.jpg
The red line is the path Bolerum used (ran adn jumped).
The redish btron squares are 10 Feet high buldings.
The grey squares are 20 feet high buildings.
The green marks are 15 High windows blocked with planks (except for B16 one that Bolerum bursted).

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-23, 04:13 PM
Marius
Marius runs towards the building, getting as close as he can.

Not sure how close I can get with a run.

Dekkah
2011-12-27, 08:27 AM
DM
The heroes rush toward the warehouse.

Ok,to save some time, I've assumed your surprise round for you (so you can play in the first round). If you would have done something else completly, 'I dont mind to retcon it.

So I applied a run for everyone and we are in the first round now (full set of actions.

It is Ace turn.

Initiave :
Round : 1
Green (+7).........: 23
HM (+5)............: 23
HGB (+6)...........: 12
HaS (+4)...........: 11
HW (+4)............: 11
HGM (+0)...........: 11
Monique(+1).......: 10

Monsters status :
???

Players Status

(?) Bolerum: 41/41, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 12/12

(B29) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(A29) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

(??) Monique : 32/34, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/8

(B30) Marius : 32/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/7

Map :
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/8217/cityc.jpg
The redish brown squares are 10 Feet high buldings.
The green marks are 15 High windows blocked with planks
The red squares are 15 ' high open windows.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-29, 12:04 AM
Marius

Marius continues his run, trying to reach the area below the shattered window, and prepare to climb up it.

Shadow_Elf
2011-12-29, 02:38 AM
Ace
The Vistani sorcerer's jaw drops as he catches wind of Bolerum's charge. Of all the pig-headed... alright, I think I can still salvage this. Ashe, I will need your divine bladework; Marius, I think Bolerum might require your tactical knowledge and sword arm up above. As we near the window, I'll cast a spell to speed you up and give you a stairway of cards to ascend with; Ashe and I will proceed to the doors. I'll bluff us into the office, and we'll try to subdue Green as quickly as possible. Then, perhaps, Monique will be able to mimic him and stop the fighting before we're overwhelmed; there are a great deal of mercenaries in there, suggest Ace, adjusting his hat and preparing his spell.

Two Move Actions: Double Run to N23

Next turn, I'll move forward and ready an action to Sirocco Marius up to the window when he moves into the correct square, allowing him to vault up into the warehouse and continue his turn inside. Ashe should be able to roughly keep pace with Ace by running, just make sure he stops doing that before we reach the front doors. If you guys have a better plan than the one Ace laid out, feel free to throw it in.

Dekkah
2011-12-29, 08:35 AM
DM
Not stoping a second, Ace goes around the corner south while Marius run toward the broken window.
Ok, double run for both Ace and Marius

Marius, you dont really tell me the coordinates, but witha speed of 5, you'd end up just under the broken window.

It is Ashe turn.

Initiave :
Ace(+7)..…………..: 27
Ashe(+8) ........ : 14 <-----------------Active player

Monsters status :
???

Players Status

(N23) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6
Grant CA and -5 to attack USNT (Run)

(A29) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

(B16) Marius : 32/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/7

Map :
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3849/cityg.jpg
Blue squares are the doors

Dekkah
2011-12-30, 08:55 AM
DM
Ashe sprint into the alley, going around the south side of the building.
The heroes can hear that some combat and yelling is being done inside.

Since Ace should had known where was the broken window, I guess he would have gone 16 squares in that direction instead of around the bulding (Ending in B12) , so he can do the plan and use Sirroco on him and Marius.
Anyway, from where he is, he will be able to use his flight to get on the 10 feet high roof to cut short distance. Climbing down that roof without falling is an easy 5 climb DC (which is kinda a sure shot with his luck skill thing anyway).

I did have Ashe go south around the building as it is the shortest path for him.

If this isnt what you wanted (deduced this with you different posts), correct me (you have time since since there is still Bolerum and Monique that need to take their turn.)

It is Bolerum turn.

Initiave :
Bolerum (+3).…….: 12 <-----------------Active player

Monsters status :
???

Players Status

(B12) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(N21) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

(B16) Marius : 32/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/7

Map :
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3014/cityy.jpg

Dekkah
2011-12-30, 10:30 AM
DM
Ace adn Marius can hear Bolerum shout ,"Take me alive? Come now, are you men or are you poachers?"
This is followed by some loud noise as his something crashed down.
A few seconds later, you can hear a lot of light of impact inside, as if someone whad thrown a handful of pebble on a metal rooftop.

It is Monique Turn.

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-03, 03:16 AM
Ace
The Vistani whips his prepared enchantment into the air, granting he and Marius an airborne pathway and a boost of speed. Ace uses his flight to soar over the low roof of Green's office, climbing down from the 10 foot height with relative ease to reach the door. He knocks. Mr. Green? Its The Ace of Spades. I was just heading out to find my new inn room when I heard the commotion and rushed back to the warehouse. If everything all right, sir? he asks.

Standard Action: Sorcerous Sirocco, fly to G6
Move Action: Climb Down to I6
Minor Action: Knock on door

Athletics: [roll0], calling odds.

Dekkah
2012-01-09, 10:44 AM
DM
Ace fly high to get over the building, while Marius fly inside the open window.
Ace knock on the door getting no awnser, but he can hear the combat is raging inside the warehouse.

Marius, A PM will be sent to you with information soon (I'll play the enemies turn before sending it to you.

It is Marius turn.
Initiave :
Round : 2
Marius(+5).........: 19 <-----------------Active player

Monsters status :
???

Players Status

(I6) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(N21) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3014/cityy.jpg

Dekkah
2012-01-09, 08:25 PM
DM
Ashe hurries along the warehouse and end up in sight of the doors and Ashe knocking onto one of them.

Ashe double move to M7

It is Bolerum turn.
Initiave :
Round : 2

Monsters status :
???

Players Status

(M7) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1290/citybv.jpg

Dekkah
2012-01-10, 10:12 AM
DM
Ace and Ashe can both hear the raging battle inside the warehouse. They ear once more sound as if hail have been falling onto a metal roof.
Someone inside yell some hard to understand orders that you manage to half understand.
"Focus your ........................armored ones you .........!"

It is Monique turn.

Dekkah
2012-01-11, 09:10 AM
DM
The double doors of the warehouse open up revealing the rest of the party battling the theives.

Monique shift outside and let her arcane magic sooth her wounds and slide her out of arms way. She then release a loud note of music, that blast toward the thieves leader. He is taken by surprise and cannot defend himself against the power of the magic and his head snap back as if he had been give an uppercut. The magic slide him toward Bolerum who sees an opening. The paladin swing hus great weapon upward, hitting the man ribcage hard. A flicker of magic errupt from the weapon and soar up to Green's eyes and make him blink repeativly.

Bolerum, Marius and Moniques comes from this thread, post 51 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12511902#post12511902)

Monique Open the double doors.
Monique heal herself (HSV (8) + CHA (4)) = 12 HP
Monique Blunder hit Green with AP . (Gain 4 Temp HP because of Marius)
Give Bolrum a free attack +5 (So an attack at +13, 1D10+6) = 19 VS AC (MISS)
Since Bolerum did a roll OOC before my IC reply, I'll take his : 24 VS AC = HIT (Activate daily weapon = -2 to Hit (SAve ends)

It is Ace turn.

NOTE : HM2 is burried under a pile of fallen crates (struggling to get out of it).
Edit : Added 4 HP to Bolerum, since he should had received 4 TEMP HP before getting (forgot about them).

Initiave :
Round : 3
HM2 (+5)............: 23
HM1 (+5)............: 23

Monsters status :
(K10) - Green ........: -2 to Attack rolls (Save Ends)
(J11) - HM1.......: Divine challenge (Bolerum)
(C18) - HM2........: Prone, Buried (Superior Cover - work both ways) and Restrained (Save ends both)
(I10) - HGB1......:
(H17) - HGB2......:
(C13) - HaS1......: 10 Feet high
(L16) - HaS2......: 10 Feet High
(G13) - HaS3......:
(G14) - HaS4......:
(J14) - HaS5......: 10 Feet High
(J12) - HGM1......:
(I9) - HGM2......:
(E13) - HGM4.......: Dead
(K10) - HW1.......: Dead

Players Status

(K11) Bolerum: 40/41, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 11/12

(K7) Monique : 31/34, TEMP HP = 4, Healing surges : 6/8

(J10) Marius : 21/32, TEMP HP = 4, Healing surges : 7/7

Map :
]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7366/citybolmon.jpg
The dark brown boxes (like F17) are crates pilled up to 5 feet high (require a Dc 5 climb check to move onto)
The light brown boxed (Like F18) are crates pilled 10 Feet high (require a Dc 10 climb check - unless you are on a dark brown box, which is DC 5)
HM are human wearing some chainmail and carry swords
HW are humans with a quarterstaff
HGM are humans with clubs and daggers
HGB are humans with mace and daggers
HaS are haflings with slings
The black square in H18 is a trap door leading to a basement (you see a ladder in it).

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-11, 11:47 PM
Ace
The Vistani sorcerer tips his hat as the doors open. Cheers, he says amicably with a grin. I apologize, Mr. Green, but I am going to have to prematurely terminate my contract in a violent manner. It has been a pleasure working for you for the last five minutes, he offers with a laugh, weaving the magic of his Bloodbond into his words. A card soars out of his hand towards Green. Take him alive, my friends! Brasseur will want to have a word or twelve with him, I suspect. Oh, and if you could all just back towards the door to give me a clear shot... he adds as an afterthought.

Move Action: Move to J6
Minor Action: Evil Eye of the Vistani @ Mr. Green
Standard Action: Chaos Bolt @ Mr. Green

Evil Eye vs. Green: [roll0] vs. Will
Hit: He grants me combat advantage and cannot move closer to me until the end of my next turn.

Chaos Bolt vs. Green: [roll1] [+2 if eye hits] vs. Will
Hit: [roll2] psychic damage, on even it bounces, standard evens/odds bonus.

Bounce @ Borris: [roll3] vs. Will
Hit: [roll4] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HaS3: [roll5] vs. Will
Hit: [roll6] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HaS4: [roll7] vs. Will
Hit: [roll8] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ Garret: [roll9] vs. Will
Hit: [roll10] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HGB2: [roll11] vs. Will
Hit: [roll12] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ Leaf: [roll13] vs. Will
Hit: [roll14] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HaS5: [roll15] vs. Will
Hit: [roll16] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HGM1: [roll17] vs. Will
Hit: [roll18] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HM1: [roll19] vs. Will
Hit: [roll20] psychic damage, on even it bounces.

Bounce @ HGM2: [roll21] vs. Will
Hit: [roll22] psychic damage.

Dekkah
2012-01-12, 09:40 AM
DM
Green shake his head once more and look at Bolerum with promise of death in his eyes.
"You'll pay for that la..."
His sentence is cut short by Ace gaze attack, making the enemy leader turn his attention toward the sorcerer, just in time to see the card charged with chaotic energy aimed for him. It hit him squarely in the face making the man nose bleed. The card rebound toward one of the fighter who was looking at Ace rather than the projctile. The card hit the unsuspecting man then continues its course toward the halfling, who take a step to the right reflexivly, but the chaotic card suddenly change direction and still hit him, ending its course in is back, tearing his coat and shows some roasted flesh.

Green doesnt appear too surprised by Ace betrayal and appear to evalutate the situation. He suddenly turn his attention to the less armored and flanked warlord and feint high, but lunge low with a double thrust of his weapons. With great precision, both weapon hit Marius belly and sink deeply on each side of his navel. In one swift movement, Green twist his weapon and force them on each side as he pull them out, doing extra damage. Marius scream half a second before darkness claim him and he fall to the ground.
Not wasting a second, the vicious leader use his low stance to push Marius away with his foot and move along to Marius last position.
"Slingers, drop that mage. Borris, Hans, get those damn door closed! Jean, keep that paladin occupied!"

Deeper in the warehouse, the man struggling under the fallen crate finaly manage get free.

Marius blood flow quickly from the two deep wounds he just received. It is quite evvident that he wont survive long at this rate.

The fighter in front of Bolerum swing with all his might at Bolerum and manage a solid hit onto his chest, knocking the wind from his lungs.
Ace EOV hit Green (First attack this round = Odd = free save roll - I think)
Ace Chaotic orb hit Green, bloody him and rebound.
Hit Borris (Yeah low will) and reround
Would hit HaS3, who force a reroll (26 VS Will), still hit, bloody him, but does not rebound.

Green :
Standard : Two-Weapon rend on Marius (2 Attacks)
Longsword (-2 (Bolerum magic weapon), +2 (CA- Flank) : 31 VS AC, 15 damages
Shortsword (-2 (Bolerum magic weapon), +2 (CA- Flank) : 29 VS AC, 10 damages
Effect : Since both attack hit, deal 8 additionnal damages
Combat advantage bonus : 6 Damages (Drop Marius to -14)
Minor : Slide Marius corpse to I11 (Using Bolerum idea :)).
Move : Shift to J10
End of turn Save VS -2 to hit = 7 (failed)

HM2 :
End of turn : Save VS Buried = 20 (FREE!!!!)

Marius :
End of turn : Save VS Death = 7 (Failed #1)

HM1 :
Standard : Press the advantage on Bolerum, 26 VS AC, 13 damages and push 1 (Forfeit) and Bolerum is Dazed (Save Ends)

It is Ashe turn.

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(J10) - Green ........: Bloodied, -2 to Attack rolls (Save Ends), Cannot move closer and Grant CA to Ace UENT (Ace)
(C18) - HM2........: Prone
(I10) - HGB1......:
(H17) - HGB2......:
(G13) - HaS3......: Bloodied,
(G14) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......:
(I9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

(K11) Bolerum: 27/41, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 11/12
Dazed (Save Ends)

(I11) Marius : -14/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 7/7
Prone
Dying
Bloodied
Failed Death Saves : 1

(J6) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

Map :
]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7366/citybolmon.jpg
The dark brown boxes (like F17) are crates pilled up to 5 feet high (require a Dc 5 climb check to move onto)
The light brown boxed (Like F18) are crates pilled 10 Feet high (require a Dc 10 climb check - unless you are on a dark brown box, which is DC 5)
The black square in H18 is a trap door leading to a basement (you see a ladder in it).

Gillric
2012-01-12, 10:33 AM
Ashe

Somebody get Marius back on his feet, I'll see if I can keep Green busy. Ashe focuses in on Green and then steps forward to strike at him.

Minor: Oath on Green
Move: to K9
Standard: Sequestering Strike on Green
[roll0] or [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] and teleport Green to N5 and Ashe to M5

Ashe's Status:
HP37/37 Bloodied 18 Healing Surge 9 (0 used /7)
AC 20 Fort 13 Reflex 17 Will 17 Speed 7

THP 0

EFFECTS

OATH TARGET Green

ACTION POINTS 1

At-Will Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Focused Fury

Enounter Powers
Oath of Enmity
Righteous Pursuit
Elven Accuracy
Rictus Grin
Sequestering Strike
Abjure Undead (Channel Divinity)
Divine Guidance (Channel Divinity)

Action Point
Second Wind

Daily Powers
Argent Mantle

Item Powers
Cannith Goggles
Enduring Spirit Vestments Cloth Armor

Dekkah
2012-01-12, 11:26 AM
DM
The leader look at the elf as he comes near him.
"Bring it on fearrie."
He smiles as Ashe rise his weapon high, lowering his own stance and bringing his weapon high to block. He realise to late that Ashe feinted and he cannot move fast enough to get out of his reach. He take a solid hit onto his left leg. As the sword connect, both fighter vanish with a light poping sound adn appear outside.
"What the....??"
Wincing in pain, and apparently worried, Green scan the area trying to brew a new plan.
Inside the building, one of the man rush at the door, close it and brace himself. He look at the fighter beside him and tell him,
"Come on Hans, hurry up!"

The man who came from the basement a few second sooner, move around the crates and charge the dizzy paladin, but miss completly as his weapon get tangles into some crates.
AShe hit Green.

HGB1 :
Move : Move to J9
Standard : Close one fo the door and lean against to to heldf it shut and get cover from those outisde.

HGB2 :
Move : Move to K16
Standard : Charge Bolerum at K13 (+1 (Charge), +2 (CA- Dazed)) : 9 VS AC (Miss)

It is Bolerum turn.

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(N5) - Green ........: Bloodied, -2 to Attack rolls (Save Ends), Cannot move closer and Grant CA to Ace UENT (Ace)
(J9) - HGB1......:
(K13) - HGB2......:
(G13) - HaS3......: Bloodied,
(G14) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......:
(I9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Dazed (Save Ends)

Prone
Dying
Bloodied

(J6) Ace : 32/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(M5) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Leewei
2012-01-12, 11:31 AM
Bolerum

Reeling from the attack, the paladin rallies and strikes back at his attacker.

Standard Action: Righteous Smite on HM1: Cha vs AC [roll0] for [roll1] damage; on a hit, Bolerum and allies within 5 gain 6THP.

End turn save to end Dazed: [roll2]

Dekkah
2012-01-12, 12:05 PM
DM
Gasping for air, Bolerum attack lack strenght and the man block it with ease.

With the door closed, most of the rangers lost sight of the mage. Still, the two on the ground move around the crate and find an angle and let fly their bullet, with the support of the other halfling on the top of the crates close by. Two of them find their marks while the other hit the closed door.
The other two slingers, having no other reall target try to hit the paladin again. As before, they doesnt really affect the man.

The club weilder beside Bolerum try to hit him, but the attack is repelled by the heavy armor.

Meanwhile, the other man rush at the door and seal it shut, cutting the group of heroes in two, apparently not caring much for their isolated leader.
"Quick, someone should put the beam in place!!"

Green shake his head cursing his bad luck.

Bolerum miss HM1
Bolerum Save Vs Dazed.

HaS1 :
Standard : Sling Bolerum, 17 VS AC (Miss)

HaS2 :
Standard : Sling Ace (-2 (Cover)), 17 VS AC, 3 Damages

HaS3 :
Move : Move to K16
Standard : Sling Ace (-2 (Cover)), 9 VS AC (Miss)

HaS4 :
Move : Move to K15
Standard : Sling Ace (-2 (Cover)), 15 VS AC, 3 damages

HaS5 :
Standard : Sling Bolerum, 11 VS AC (Miss)

HGM1 :
Standard : Club at Bolerum, 18 VS AC (Miss)

HGM2 :
Move : Move to L9
Standard : Close the door and lean against it.

At this point, Those outside doesnt see inside anymore...

It is Bolerum turn.

Note : I am not planinng to split the thread again, unless something major happen that would be better not known by one of the two groups.

Initiave :
Monique(+1).......: 10 <-----------------Active player

Monsters status :
(N5) - Green ........: Bloodied, -2 to Attack rolls (Save Ends), Cannot move closer and Grant CA to Ace UENT (Ace)
(J9) - HGB1......:
(K13) - HGB2......:
(K16) - HaS3......: Bloodied,
(K15) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Prone
Dying
Bloodied

(J6) Ace : 26/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(M5) Ashe : 37/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Gillric
2012-01-12, 01:20 PM
Ashe

They haven't got the beam in place, we may be able to force the door. Ashe calls out.

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-12, 04:56 PM
Ace
We could go in through the office... suggests Ace, turning to face Mr. Green. Provided we've got his key. Which I don't suppose you're just going to hand over, eh? He looks at Monique. You've got to get in there and help Marius; I could try picking the lock, but that might take too long. None of us are likely strong enough to force the doors open; so, how do you want to go about this?

Dekkah
2012-01-12, 05:02 PM
DM
Green look at Ace and say seriously,
"Let me go and the key is yours. Or you can let your friend die too, your choice."

Note that we still are on rounds, so Green wont reply more before he take his turn ;). (to keep the timing rule logical).

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-12, 05:30 PM
Ace
Very well; toss me the key, and I promise to let you go free, agrees Ace, reaching out with his open hand.

Bluff, to mask the oddly specific wording of Ace's reply (if I get the keys, I will stop attacking him but I can't speak for Ashe :smallbiggrin:): [roll0]

NotScaryBats
2012-01-12, 05:58 PM
Monique

Monique is surprised at the swift turn of events, and then a door is slammed shut in her face. She moves closer and takes stock of the situation. If she can, she will use her healing magic on her fallen ally. But, the door is in the way. She tries to peek inside.

Move: shift to J8
Free: perception check [roll0]
If I can, I will Majestic Word through the door, but I don't think I need to shift him anywhere. If that works, I will attack Green.

If that doesn't work, I would like to break the door to prevent this from happening some more. I don't recall the rules for that off the top of my head, but I would like to use Staggering Note (4 thunder dmg and push two) to sort of blow it off it's hinges.

If that doesn't work I will just open the door, then heal.

If one of the two guys attacks me on their turns, I will activate my armor's daily power to redirect the attack to the other one, so guy A will attack guy B.

Attack roll: [roll1] v W
On hit, 4 thunder dmg and push two squares. If I hit Green, I will push him to P3 and grant Ashe an MBA.
If I hit the door (and get to push it) I want it to fly through HGM2 to K 10.

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-12, 11:39 PM
Ace
He withdraws his hand. Ah, it seems your key is no longer needed, sir. My colleague has found another method of lending magical aid to our companion. So, rather than have you pass me the key, I shall pass you this instead. His hand reappears holding a card. The card begins to pulse, glowing a wide array of different colours in succession. With a murmured prayer to Avandra, Ace lets it fly.

Standard Action: 1D - Chromatic Orb @ Green

[OOC: Rest of turn depends on how this goes...]

vs. Green: [roll0] vs. Reflex

Hit: [roll1] damage, see below for effect.
Miss: [roll2] damage, see below for effect.

Effects: Evens/odds bonus, plus one of the following:
Effect # [roll3] is triggered.
1. Yellow: Radiant damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
2. Red: Fire damage, and each creature adjacent to the target takes fire damage equal to your Dexterity modifier (3, sorry Ashe if this happens).
3. Green: Poison damage, and ongoing 5 poison damage (save ends).
4. Turquoise: Lightning damage, and you slide the target a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier (3, to K6 if this drops him unconscious, otherwise no slide).
5. Blue: Cold damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).
6. Violet: Psychic damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to AC (save ends).

Dekkah
2012-01-13, 08:51 AM
DM
Monique walk up to the door and let out a huigh pitched note. The power of the magic isnt enough to braek the door, nor force it open against the enemy push, but the impact does still surprise the man behind and force a few inches back. Without waiting, Monique put her own weight against it and wedge her foot against it, managing to hold it slightly open, enough to see inside the room. She them weave her magic to heal the severe wounds from Marius, who slowly open his own eyes, blinking a few time.

Seeing this, Green knows Ace offer sure ended, not that he really trusted it. He turn his attetion to Ace, knowing what is to come, but knowing isnt everything and he cannot dodge the power magic orb. The burst of fire is just too much for him to sustain and he fall to the ground unconcious. Ashe who was beside suffer some collateral damage, but nothing very important.

Inside, the fighter who finaly manage to get out from under the fallen crate stand up and move toward the door.
"I'll go help ya lock it guys, hold ... tha boss is down!! Hurry and close it dammit!"

Monique door attack doesnt kill the man behind (neat idea BTW), but let the door open a few inches. Note that this situation give you line of sight and effect into the room, but it does grant superior cover (-5 to attack). To know what you can see, you make a line from one of your corner and trace it between the two door.... if it pass into a swquare, you can see that square to target.
Monique heal Marius 12 HP.

Ace attack hit and drop Green, also does 3 fire damage to Ashe.
Ace still have a move and minor (tell me ASAP what you want to do with them plase (not sure if you have an AP and would want to use it.... I doubt it would change HM2 action anyway, that is why I played him so it would be Marius turn. (at worst, we retcon).

Green :
End of turn : SAve VS -2 to hit = 14 (SAved)

HM2 :
Move : Stand up
Standard : Move to H13

It is Marius turn

Initiave :
Round : 4

Monsters status :
(N5) - Green ........: Bloodied, Unconcious, prone
(H13) - HM2........: Prone
(J9) - HGB1......:
(K13) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

(J8) Monique : 31/34, TEMP HP = 4, Healing surges : 6/8

(I11) Marius : 12/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/7
Prone
Bloodied

(M5) Ashe : 34/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7366/citybolmon.jpg

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-13, 02:38 PM
Marius

Slowly standing up Marius speaks slowly and deliberatly. "Now I am angry. I will give you murderous bunch of thieves one chance. Give up, or be killed.". To put strength to his words, he picks up his sword.

Move: stand from prone
Standard: pick up weapon
Minor: Inspiring Word (second use) on self healing [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-01-13, 02:54 PM
DM
Marius takes a few moments to take his breath. While Marius treath does appear to make some of the enemies reconsider their option, none appear ready to yeld yet.

The man battling Bolerum lower his stance, but not to attack, but to clear the corpse of his fallen ally and use the momentum of his pull to spin a complete circle and take its place. In a good offensive position, he slash his weapon from the ground high and manage to pass the paladin defense and slice open the heroright arm. Not stopping his movement, he let the blade slide along the arm and end up slamming his sword pummel into Bolerum's face, dazing him. He then speaks to his allies fighting Bolerum,
"Get to the door, I'll hold this one."
Marius heal himself 17 HP

HM1 :
Minor : Silde K10 corpse to J10
Move : Shift to K10
Standard : Press the advantage (Recharged!) on Bolerum (+2 (CA - Flank)), 23 VS AC, 14 damages, and the target is pushed 1 square (Forfeit) and dazed (save ends)

It is Ashe turn

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(K10) - HM1.......: Divine challenge (Bolerum)
(J9) - HGB1......:
(K13) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......:
(K9) - HGM2......:
(J10) - HW1.......: Dead

Players Status

(K11) Bolerum: 13/41, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 11/12
Bloodied
Dazed (save ends)

(I11) Marius : 29/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/7

(M5) Ashe : 34/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-13, 03:03 PM
Ace
Having dropped Green, Ace moves over and scans the man's unconscious body for the key to the office door. Sorry Ashe, I don't have as much control over that spell as it looks, he says as he passes his elven friend.

Move Action: Move to M6
Minor Action: Search Green for his office key and retrieve it.

Gillric
2012-01-15, 04:42 PM
Ashe

With Green now unconscious, Ashe moves over to attempt to force open the doors.

Move: to K8
Standard: Attempt to force the door open
Athletics: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-01-16, 10:01 AM
DM
Ace move to search the enemy leader corpse and retreive some key from his pocket.

Meanwhile, Ashe move to help Monioque with the door. He slam his shoulder onto it and the human behind cannot retain the door anymore. He have to either let it go or get crushed against the crate. He wisely decide to let it go.

Cursing, the mace weilder who was holding the other door try to hit Ashe, but he cannot reach him while hlding the door.

His peer behind the dazed paladin does quite better and his mace land a hard blow behind Bolerum head. The paladins knees nearly give up, but the tough human maange to keep concious.

Ace retraive the key.

Ashe open the door (the one in front of him - Between K8-K9)
Oath Borris

HGB 1 :
Standard : Mace at Ashe, 9 VS AC (Miss) and shift 1 (Forfeit)

HGB2 :
Standard : Mace at Bolerum (+2 (CA - Flank)), 26 VS AC (CRIT!), 9 damages and shift 1 to K13
Move : Move to I16

Note : The door in front of Monique is still closed. But since the man is fighting, he have a penatly with the opposed atheltic check if someone try to force it open.

It is Bolerum turn.

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(J9) - HGB1......: Oath of Enmity (Ashe)
(I16) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

(K11) Bolerum: 4/41, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 11/12
Bloodied
Dazed (save ends)

(M6) Ace : 26/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

(K8) Ashe : 34/37, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

Map :
]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Leewei
2012-01-16, 10:14 AM
Bolerum

The injured paladin smiles ferociously at his attackers, then swings his greatsword at a nearby enemy.

Standar Action: Valiant Strike [roll0] vs AC on HGB2 for [roll1] Thunder damage.

End Turn: Save to end daze: [roll2]

Dekkah
2012-01-16, 10:51 AM
DM
Bolerum whirl around, swing his mighty greasword and cutting off the surprised human head behind him.

One of the man beside the door yell,
"Slingers, kill that elf, we need to get that door closed!"

The halflings on the crate direct their attacks onto the elf, while the the ones on the ground shot at Bolerum who block their line of sight. They all miss their mark and a worried look apear on their face.

The fighter in front of Ace does his best to club him, but Ashe block the blow with his forarm, deflecting it harmlessly.

Bolerum hit and kill HGM2
Bolerum fail his save VS Dazed

Has 1 :
Standard : Sling at Ashe (-2 (Cover)), 15 VS AC (Miss)

Has 2 :
Standard : Sling at Ashe (-2 (Cover)), 9 VS AC (Miss)

Has 3 :
Standard : Sling at Bolerum (+2 (CA - Dazed)), 11 VS AC (Miss)

Has 4 :
Standard : Sling at Bolerum (+2 (CA - Dazed)), 11 VS AC (Miss)

Has 5 :
Standard : Sling at Ashe (-2 (Cover)), 16 VS AC (Miss)

HGM2 :
Standard : Club at Ashe, 13 VS AC (Miss)

Note : The door in front of Monique is still closed. But since the man is fighting, he have a penatly with the opposed atheltic check if someone try to force it open.

It is Monique turn.

Initiave :
Monique(+1).......: 10 <-----------------Active player

Monsters status :
(I16) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(J12) - HGM1......: Dead
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Bloodied
Dazed (save ends)

Map :
]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7366/citybolmon.jpg

NotScaryBats
2012-01-16, 02:30 PM
"Ain't much, but it's the best I can do, Bol. Clear your head!"

A ray of radiant light emits from Monique's wand, allowing Bolerum another chance to shake of the mace's dazing after effects.
Move to K7
Song of the New Dawn on HM1
[roll0] v R (I subtracted 2 for cover granted by the enemy in front of him. If I am misremembering that rule, add two to my result)
On hit [roll1] radiant dmg
Effect all allies adj to enemy make a save, rolling twice and using the higher result

Leewei
2012-01-16, 02:38 PM
Bolerum fights with renewed vigor!Save1: [roll0]
Save2: [roll1]

Edit: Dazed status gone. Thanks much!

Dekkah
2012-01-16, 02:42 PM
DM
Monique step back and weave her wand. The attack miss her target completly, but some of the magic fall over Bolerum and help him clear his head.

Monique Miiss HM1.
Bolerum save VS Dazed.

It is Ace turn.

Initiave :
Round : 5

Monsters status :
(I16) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Bloodied

Map :
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-16, 04:45 PM
Ace
The sorcerer moves into line with his allies, and then draws a card. I think its time I put those slingers on ice, he jokes, tossing the card into the fray.

Move Action: To K6
Standard Action: 3E - Diamond Flush, AB1 @ K15, 1 square up

On hit: [roll0] cold damage and the target is slowed UEMNT.

vs. HaS5: [roll1] vs. Fortitude
vs. HaS2: [roll2] vs. Fortitude
vs. HaS3: [roll3] vs. Fortitude
vs. HaS4: [roll4] vs. Fortitude

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-16, 05:46 PM
Ace
Well, that didn't go as well as I'd hoped... thinks Ace, drawing another card and launching it.

Free Action: Spend Action Point!
Standard Action: 1E - Mists of Disarray, AB1 @ K15, 1 square up

Hit: [roll0] psychic damage.

vs. Hs5: [roll1] vs. Will
Hit: Regardless of result, push off boxes into I13. Halfling Saving throw to avoid falling: [roll2]. Falling damage if knocked off: [roll3].

vs. Hs2: [roll4] vs. Will
Hit: On even, slide to L15. Saving Throw to avoid falling: [roll5]. Falling damage if knocked off: [roll6]

vs. Hs4: [roll7] vs. Will
Hit: On even, slide to K13.

vs. Hs4: [roll8] vs. Will
Hit: On even, slide to K12.

Dekkah
2012-01-17, 08:59 AM
DM
Ace first card explode in a miriad of ice shard. The slingers reveice a lot of them, but they lack real power except for one shard that peirced right throught the left eye of one of the halfling, killing him instantly. Ace second card exploded in mist and was more effective, killing the two halfling on the crate and droping them onto the floor. One of them fall right over the sole surviving enemy, who manage to dodge it at the last moment.

The fighter in the middle of the room look around and drop his weapon in surrender rising his hand.
"Screw that, the guards doesnt pay me enough to die. You guys take whatever you want."

Ace first attack hit HaS3 and kill it, miss the others.
Ace second attack hit HaS5 and Has2 (Kill them) but miss HaS4 (you had to roll against it, I assume it was a mistake- copy and paste - so I took the first one).
I gave HaS4 a save (rolled 12 = saved) not to get knocked prone from the falling ally.

HM2 : Surrender.

It is Marius turn.

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(H13) - HM2........: , Disarmed, Surrender
(I16) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS2......: Dead
(K16) - HaS3......: Dead
(K15) - HaS4......:
(I13) - HaS5......: Dead
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Bloodied

(K6) Ace : 26/32 , TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/6

Map :
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7366/citybolmon.jpg

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-17, 11:42 AM
Marius

"At least one of you is intelligent enough to avert death. Let's get that door fully open now." Marius steps forward, grinning at the man holding the closed part of the door. Twirling his blade, he strikes at the man, hoping to distract him and give his allies an opening.

Move: shift to I10

Standard: Viper's Strike on HGB1
[roll0]
[roll1]

Effect: If target moves before SOMNT, he provokes an Opportunity Attack from Ashe

Dekkah
2012-01-17, 11:55 AM
DM
Marius slash open the back of the man shoulder, drawing some blood.

The man fighting with Bolerum look around the battlefield, then to his ally who surrendered. Looking back at Marius with a disgusted look on his face, he drop his longsword to the floor and say,
"You have no idea the trouble you thieves are puting yourself into. The guard will hunt you down for this."
The man rise his hands where the heroes can see them.

Marius hit and Bloody HGB1

It is Ashe turn.

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(J9) - HGB1......: Bloodied, Oath of Enmity (Ashe), If HGB1 shift, he provoke Oa form Ashe USNT (Marius)
(I16) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Bloodied

(I10) Marius : 29/32, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 6/7

Map :
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Gillric
2012-01-17, 04:04 PM
Ashe

Seeing his foes beginning to surrender. Throw down your weapons!

Readied Action: If my oath target does not surrender, Ashe will use Rictus Grin on him (Borris)
[roll0] (not sure if I get my oath bonus or not but if I do) [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] damage and until the end of your my turn, any enemy adjacent to me takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls.

Dekkah
2012-01-17, 06:18 PM
DM
The mace fighter seeing his gang defeated try to bolt away rather to surrender, but Ashe was ready for him. He slash hard as the man turn around and hit him. The man do survive the attack, but as he try to move away, Ashe whirl around, using the momentum to strike once more, while Marius poke his own sword at the man gut. Both attack hit, killing the man before he even took his second step.
The other mace weilder in the room doesnt wait for the heroes to get to him and flee, climbing down into the basement and out of sight of everyone.
Ashe readied action is triggered and hit.
HGB1
Move :Move and trigger an OA from Ashe and Marius (Both hit and kill HGB1)

HGB2 :
Move + Standard : double move into the basement.

It is Bolerum turn.

Initiave :

Monsters status :
(J9) - HGB1......: Dead
(??) - HGB2......:
(K15) - HaS4......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Bloodied

Map :
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Leewei
2012-01-17, 06:41 PM
Bolerum

"Guards? We'll see for how long, pillagers!"

Bolerum withdraws, then rushes off, slamming into a pile of crates.

Move: Shift to K12.
Minor: Revert armor to versatile mode (AC20, no maneuver penalties and Speed 6).
Standard: Charge to J17, Bull Rushing the pile of crates into the trap door.
Athletics to jump over dead halflings: [roll0] (only 10' is needed since he has enough movement to go through one square, but 15' would look cooler)
Bull Rush: [roll1]

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-17, 09:14 PM
Ace
The guard? asks Ace incredulously, laughing at his opponents. I think you've got this backwards, sirs. We work for the guard. You lot are guarding stolen goods for a criminal.

Dekkah
2012-01-18, 11:14 AM
DM
Bolerum move away, climbing over a few crates then charge the crates over the trap door and make them fall onto the hole. You all can hear a loud crashing sound as the pile crumble down. From his new position, Bolerum can see the bottom of the hole 10 feet down, where the crates fell and broke the ladder in half and making it hard to get down now. The man was not there anymore when it all crashed down.

The two mens who surrender look at each other at Ace proclamation, shaking their head in denial.
"You dont have to try to fool us, we already surrendered. Take wathever you want. It is not my problem anymore, the city officials will deal with you."

The club weilder in front of Ashe, having seen him slay his ally, simply drop his weapon and surrender.

The halfling on the ground, look around for options and decide to climb up onto the crates and jump out from the middle window. His partner to the north does the same and jump form the windows beisde him, trying to flee.

Bolerum succeed in making the crates fall, but the man was not bellow it, and there isnt enough crates to fill the hole up. would had worked if the guy was under it.

HGM2 Surernder.

HaS1, flee from C12 window
HaS4 flee from M15 window.

At this point, we stop playing initiative and you win the encounter. You can play whenever you want.

Do you guys let the one that fled go or do you try to stop them? If so, tell me where you go to try and get them (which one you try to stop - they fled in 3 different directions).

You all gain 250 XP..... bringing you up to 3700.

You might want to start looking for your next level (it will be soon, since you only need 50 more XPs).

Monsters status :
(K10) - HM1.......: Divine challenge (Bolerum)Disarmed, Surrender
(J9) - HGB1......: Dead
(??) - HGB2......: Disarmed, Surrender
(??) - HaS1......: 10 Feet high
(??) - HaS4......:
(K9) - HGM2......:

Players Status

Bloodied

Map :
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Leewei
2012-01-18, 11:36 AM
Bolerum

As his rage subsides, Bolerum limps ruefully back to his companions. "I have an apology to make and an explanation to give," he says, "But not in front of the likes of these." He glares at the defeated enemy.

Take a Short Rest if possible. Expend three Healing Surges to regain 30hp.

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-18, 12:27 PM
Ace
As the men reply, Ace shakes his head. Captain Brasseur should be here any moment. He will sort this out.

As Bolerum limps over, Ace wheels on him, his eyes burning with magic. Them we can deal with when Brasseur arrives. You, on the other hand, do not have that luxury. Had someone died in that battle, Bolerum, I would kill you where you stand right now. Fortunately for you, our friends all still breathe, thank the Lady's push. What you did was pigheaded, selfish and absolutely despicable. Forcing all of us to risk our lives coming to your aid, charging in irresponsibly without knowing anything about your foe, these are signs of either pride or supreme stupidity. Probably both. The magic in his eyes dies down a bit. Make yourself useful and drag Green in here so we can watch him while the guard gets here. I am going to speak with Zorana; hopefully our mission is still salvageable. With that, Ace storms out if the warehouse and heads to find Zorana.

Leewei
2012-01-18, 12:43 PM
Bolerum

The paladin briefly meets Ace's gaze, with a similar light showing in his eyes. He quietly sets his jaw and retrieves Green's unconscious form.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-18, 12:54 PM
Marius

Ignoring the squabbles, Marius moves to the office, and conducts a search for any papers or things that might be useful. "you might want to search and tie up our freinds here, and search the bodies as well. They may be simple guards but they may have something on them.

With a look of intrique. On his face, Marius leaves the office and goes to look at some of the toppled crates. Any that are open, he investigates the contents. Satisfied with what he finds, he returns to the office to continue his search.

Dekkah
2012-01-18, 01:14 PM
DM
Ace and Bolerum both walk out of the building. When they get in sight fo the main alley, they notice a few people further to the west looking your way. They are talking among themselves and apparently look at the unconcious man and probably at the halfling corpse in the street. The slingner apparently didnt survive his jump from the 15 feet high window.

You also notice that Sofia isnt on the roof anymore.

As Ace is about to walk to the east, he is stop but a soft wistle behind him. He spot Zorana between the building behind him , holding an unconcious halfling. She signal him to come closer.
"I have a gift for you. This little bugger nearly fell on me as he jumped out. Ok, you seem to have managed this quite well."

Before anyone could reply to this, Zorana attention is drawn to the other alley, where Sofia just came into running.
"What happened here... Wow!"

Zorana rise an eyebrow and ask,
"Where did you run off to?"

"A boy knocked to the door and gave something to that man about ten minutes ago. I chased the boy and qeusitonned him. He had a letter for someone named "Green Dagger". His story appear legit. We should not talk here anyway, some seen some people heading to get the guard, probably for what happened here."

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-18, 01:26 PM
Ace
Agreed. I am worried that perhaps Bolerum maybe acted too precipitously; this Mr. Green may not have been the villain we thought he was. Is Brasseur on his way?

Dekkah
2012-01-18, 01:33 PM
DM
Marius inspect the crate and confirm that they are really filled with food.
He then enter the first room, which is quite devoit of anything beside a small table with chair, a firepit and a crate that probably have been droped there by someone when the fight started.
He moves to the door leading to the next room. He sees that the furniture have been stacked in front of the windows, probably to block it. A rag have been rolled up and droped at the back of the room. In a corner, you can see an open chest. There is also a stack of plank is piled up on the south wall that probably were acting as floor over an open hole in the middle of the room. Over the hole, you see a small contraption with pulleys and ropes to help lower the crates into the tunnel bellow.

Map :
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7366/citybolmon.jpg

Dekkah
2012-01-18, 01:38 PM
DM
Outside, Zorana reply with a shrug to Ace.
"I doubt it. Even running, I am not sure I would had made it to his barrack myself. I trust my messenger didnt loose time, but I did not ask him to run as if wolves were after him."
She looks around nervously,
"I know the guards in this disctrict are not known for their speed to react, but I doubt Brasseur will be here before them. In any case, I'd prefer to be far from here when either comes."

Just to be clear. it have been about half an hour since you chose and started the plan.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-18, 01:41 PM
Marius

Paying little heed to the hole, except to avoid it, Marius heads for the chest, and tries to open it. If it is locked, he will try to pry it open, or just batter the lock to smithereens.

Dekkah
2012-01-18, 01:49 PM
DM
Marius walks up to the open chest. Inside, there is a few more pulleys and a two whole ropes. He cannot see anything else.

it was an Open chest :).

Leewei
2012-01-18, 02:13 PM
Bolerum

Once he has unceremoniously dumped Green, Bolerum moves to the opening in the floor, then kneels and begins to rest. His greatsword is held ready to his side.

Dekkah
2012-01-18, 03:17 PM
DM
Bolerum kneel and start to rest and keep an eye into the room below. From his vantage point, he can see most of the room, including the open door leading to the sewers.

Here is an image of what you see since you never really saw it before.
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9117/cityssewer.jpg
You are above the hole (yellow square is the hole itself).
The ladder lay broken under the crates that you made fall in.

Gillric
2012-01-19, 08:31 AM
Ashe

With all the commotion of the battle ending and everyone rushing around and people yelling at each other, Ashe steps back and takes a moment to collect himself. When the action begins to slow again he steps over to Ace and places a hand on his shoulder, I agree with you completely as far as Bolerum's actions go but this is not the time or the place. Try to collect yourself before the guard arrives. Ashe then moves amongst the captives and begins to secure them using some rope. After he has finished trusing up the captives he takes a look around, not seeing Marius he calls out, Marius, where did you get to?

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-19, 08:47 AM
Marius

Walking out from the office/bedroom area, Marius seems unconcerned. "There isn't anything of interest to us in there at the moment. I think I have a few subjects to speak to Mr. Green about once we interrogate him, though."

Dekkah
2012-01-19, 09:28 AM
DM
Once Ashe finish securing the prisoners, he search the bodies of the enemies, including the prisoners. He found a little bit of money scattered among the gang members. Also, the mage did had some magical wand. The live prisoners have some money on them, but nothing else of real value.
When Ashe search "green" body and gear, he find that his shortsword probably is magical. Also, he find some letter on him with some note written on the front side

Bord-Eau
86 Dove street
Deliver to Green Dagger.
Fee already paid for.

When Ashe open the letter, he can read its content easyly as it is written in the common tongue, but made with a different handwritting.

Crocodile, Men, Rattle, Odd, Myself, two
Befoul, Promise, Gore, three
Formation, Origin, Off, Dinner, one
Bruise, Stone, Woman, Remedy, five
Last, Before, four
Failure, Envy, Never, Ram, Italic, Snake, one
Also, there is a wax seal stamped on the lower right corner of the letter.
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1981/waxsealforgreen.jpg
This is what the seal look like
As he finishing searching Green body, Ashe keen eyes spot some tattoo on the man left shoulder.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1719/tatooongreen.jpg
This is what Green tattoo look like.

Remembering the food bounty and without really searching the place, Ashe estimate that there is at least 700 pounds of food.

Ok, here is the loot.
On Green :
Duelist Short Sword +1apon Level 3+
Lvl 3 +1 680 gp
Weapon: Light Blade
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, or +1d8 damage per plus if
you have combat advantage
Power (Daily): Minor Action. You have combat advantage
against the next creature you attack with this weapon on
this turn.
Longsword
35 GP
10 SP
12 CP
Letter
1 Potion of healing (Heroic Tier)

On other corpses :
Various weapons, armours and basic equipment (Worth nothing).
Magic wand +1
Lvl 1 +1 360 gp
Implement (Wand)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus
32 GP
65 SP
35 cP
1 gems (45 GP)

On the 3 live prisoners :
20 GP
25 SP
12 CP

In the warehouse
812 pounds of food.

NOTE : The city offer a reward for food returned to them.

Gillric
2012-01-19, 03:25 PM
Ashe

Surveying his findings, Not a bad collection of loot, and I'm sure the good Captain will be happy to see all this food. Can anyone make use of this short sword or this wand?

Gillric
2012-01-20, 11:11 AM
Ashe

Seeing that noone was willing to make a claim on either item, Into Ace's Bag of holding for now then.

Dekkah
2012-01-20, 11:31 AM
DM
Looking at Ace for a few more moments to see if he have anything else to add, Zorana nod to him and speak.
"You seem to have things well in hand here. As I said, I dont want to linger here and wait for the city guard to show up. I wont wait to see if they accept the fact that our group didnt had anything to do with this, and I doubt they would simply drop their other 'cases' against us. At least, now the words can spread that we were not part of this."
You can see that Zorana care for her reputation, at least with the people of the city.
She look around and tell Sofia,
"Go tell the others that we head back to our place. I'll go get our prisoner."
Turning back to Ace,
"Come and see us later at the usual place. As for Mark, I can keep him or free him as you told him, your call."
Zorana and Sofia both leave, going into the alley, leaving the halfling for Ace to add to their own prisoners.

With the prisoners all tied up toggether, the heroes can take some time to finaly relax and talk among themselves.

Ok, at this point you can takea short rest.
I know Monique didnt reply yet, but thing should move on (I prefer to move than to stall ).

You can assume that Monique sing giving +4 to your healing which each surge you spend.

If you want to interrogate Green (or someone else) roleplay . Green can be woken up after the short rest (a few slap to the face will do the trick - aka make him spend his healing surge to regain 1/4 his HPS)

What do you do?

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 11:40 AM
Marius

With Green safely bound, Marius wastes no time trying to rouse him. A few slaps and a splash of water should stir him. After he wakes, Marius puts him to the question.

"I don't appreciate being stabbed in the chest, good sir." Marius takes off his gloves and tucks them behind his sword. "I am a little harder to kill than that, but I do not believe you are. You'll answer my questions like a good little captive, now. The first is what are you doing sitting on a warehouse of food in a starving city?"

[roll0]

Dekkah
2012-01-20, 11:54 AM
DM
The man wake up and shake his head to clear his vision. As Marius start to speak, the man stay silent and keep a relax facade. But as Marius finish speaking, the man confidence disappeared. Something in Marius word or attitude had him shaken. He reply to the question slowly, weighting his words,
"I am keeping watch. Awaiting orders."

One of the mercenaries whom surrendered add,
"See, I told you so. We are waiting for orders from the city guards. You are in so much trouble right now you morons."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 12:18 PM
Marius

"I wasn't speaking to you, and I would take more care around people who could slit your throats with nobody being the wiser. I promised to let you live, I never said for how long." Rounding on Green again, he continues. "Who are you working for, and who are you taking orders from? Bear in mind I might already know...a little mouse could have told me exactly what was going on, though it'll be so much easier if I hear it from you, it'd give me reason to keep you alive. I might feel a little sympathy for these poor fools you've tricked into dying for you, but I feel none for someone who stabbed me through the chest...no, I'd make his death very...very...painful, unless he was useful to me and cooperated."

Leewei
2012-01-20, 12:20 PM
Bolerum

Ignoring the prattle from their captive, the paladin focuses his gaze on Green. "Smuggling food during a siege isn't guard business," he states.Insight: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-20, 12:21 PM
Ace
The sorcerer nods. I'll meet up with you later. Thanks for your help, Zorana. Give my regards to the Guild. He tips his hat an then laboriously carries the Halfling over to be added to the other prisoners. As Marius wakes up Green, Ace broods on the sidelines, leaning on the wall and waiting until his talents are needed.

Dekkah
2012-01-20, 12:31 PM
DM
Green lock his gaze with Bolerum's, apparently trying to gauge the paladin soul.
"True. That is one of the reason why we hired mercenaries to do this work. You appear to think you work for the good side here, who are you working for exactly?"

Leewei
2012-01-20, 12:45 PM
Bolerum

The paladin returns his attention to the hole in the floor. "You'll meet 'em soon enough," he replies to Green.

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-20, 12:57 PM
Ace
No sense in being coy now. We were contracted by Captain William Brasseur to find out where a large quantity of food, carried underground during the siege, had been stashed. We found you here in this warehouse, and my companion and I entered to assess the situation. I wanted to report directly to Brasseur, but this noble servant of Kord had a better solution, he says, his voice dripping sarcasm as he refers to Bolerum's "plan".

Leewei
2012-01-20, 01:02 PM
Bolerum

The paladin bristles for an instant, then relaxes slightly and sighs.

"Peace, brother. I entered the warehouse because I thought you'd been discovered and were in danger. Those inside started knocking around crates but moments after you'd entered."

Dekkah
2012-01-20, 01:27 PM
DM
Green eyes leave Bolerum and scan the group of heroes.
With Ace reply, the man frown.
"Captain Brasseur you say, that is the dock area captain right? "
The man appear to think a little, taking care of what he says, but still realising that he should speak to contempt Marius.
"I work directly under the militia leader, General Ulbert. If that Brasseur is who I think he is, it is no wonder he doesnt know nor understand what is happening here."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 02:13 PM
Marius

"So the militia is wanting to feed wererats in the sewers when people in the city are starving? Well, obviously we are in the wrong, I would hate to have sewer rats starve when good law-abiding people can."

Dekkah
2012-01-20, 02:22 PM
DM
Green shrug at Marius,
"People are not starving yet. This is only a temporary measure while we establish...", the man stop, then look at Marius imposing glare and finish his sentence,"... who's in league with the goblins."
He then shrug,
"As for the ratmens, we knew they live under the city. I simply enrolled them to help move the food in case of emergency. They should not touch nor keep any of that food. I have mens down there to ensure that."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 02:34 PM
Marius

"Well, since this food is intended for the people of the city, I say we open the warehouse and give it to them. That's your intention after all this anyway, right? Fend off starvation of the city by having a food reserve? Well, people can house that in their homes just as well as here. Bolerum, help me open the door and start moving this stuff out to the street. Ace, Monique, Ashe, see to it that it gets distributed without much fuss or fighting." Marius moves towards the large doors.

Leewei
2012-01-20, 02:38 PM
Bolerum

The paladin nods curtly, then starts shoving crates outside.

Dekkah
2012-01-20, 02:40 PM
DM
"I am in no position to stop you, but I doubt it will please the general. That food was to be used when it will be really needed. As I said before, no one is starving yet. You will be the one to answer for that choice of action."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 02:47 PM
Marius

Stopping before opening the doors, Marius turns back to Green. "It does occur to me that you may be right, we may be on a fool's errand for someone that wasn't properly informed of a plan, or perhaps had no right to, but it also occurs to me that this warehouse is fairly empty, compared to what it could hold...and that a sewer network would be a nice way of moving food out of the city. To be honest, my orders come from a guard captain, so I could care less what happens here, I just don't like being toyed with...by a supposedly ignorant captain, or by a defeated foe." Moving over to the others in a hushed voice, he asks:

"Thoughts?"

Gillric
2012-01-20, 02:47 PM
Ashe

Just moving these crates out into the street to be "distributed" is a bad idea. That will lead to mass panic and only provide a small portion of the city with any supplies. I think this General will need to be contacted along with other leaders in the city to assess the validity of this mans claims before we do anything else rash today. As Ashe says the word Rash he looks directly at Bolerum.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 02:52 PM
Marius

"I was trying to get him riled up with the crates, but he clearly is a mercenary who doesn't care. He probably knows nothing."

Leewei
2012-01-20, 02:55 PM
Bolerum

Pointedly ignoring Ashe, Bole states "Green is probably just a tool, himself. The captain can take the food and give us our reward. We can let him know about Green's claim about that general as well. At least one of 'em got away, or else is trapped below, so best get our ally here before the crap rain starts to fall."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-20, 03:00 PM
Marius

"I agree with Bole...we sit and wait for our allies to show up. If the other guard shows up, which they likely will, we explain the situation, wait calmly for the others to show up, and see what happens."

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-21, 12:58 AM
Ace
The Vistani nods. Agreed. We wait here for Brasseur and the General to arrive, and this will be sorted out once and for all.

Dekkah
2012-01-21, 11:31 AM
DM
The heroes don't have to wait for long, as a few minutes later, a bunch of loud step can be heard approaching the warehouse. A group of 10 soldiers comes into sight and look at the gruesome scenery. Weapon in hands they spread out in defensive formation in front of the door. A man, obviously the leader of that patroll speaks.
"What the hell happened here? Explain yourself citizens!"

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-21, 12:03 PM
Ace
The sorcerer moves to the front and tips his hat to the patrol. Good evening, gentlemen. It seems there has been quite a misunderstanding here, which we are waiting to have cleared up. My companions and I are mercenaries contracted by Captain William Brasseur to find food that went missing during the siege secreted away in the city. Those you see tied up are mercenaries in the employ, apparently, of General Ulbert to keep this secured food safe. Now, since the general did not tell the captain of his plan, our two companies ended up at cross-purposes. Until our employers within the guard can arrive to fix things, we are waiting here for them.

Dekkah
2012-01-21, 01:51 PM
DM
Green is about to add something, but his eyes dart to Marius, and he decide to keep silent.
The soldier leader scan the room, looking suspiciously at the prisoners,,
"General Ulbert? I guess you mean Commander Ulbert, the head of the militia? You say these mercenaries works for him?"
He then look more carefully at the heroes themselves and add,
"And you work for Captain Brasseur, from the dock district? Why are you in this district then? This isnt the dock district, Captain Brasseur have no jurisdiction here."
The way he says Brasseur name leave little doubts in your minds that he knows and doesnt like the man. The lieutenant look at you suspiciously, not even trying to hide that he doesnt buy your story.
He apparently notice the crates, as if they just appeared and realise something from what you said.
"What is in those crates, is it food? Karl, take a look."
One of the soldier break formation and heads toward the crates.

Gillric
2012-01-21, 02:04 PM
Ashe

Ashe steps in front of the man seeking to investigate the crates. I think we will wait for both Captain Brasseur and Commander Ulbert before anyone touches anything.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-21, 02:07 PM
Marius

"Seems like we have found a third faction in this fight.". Marius mutters to the others. "This will end badly. If green tells the truth, then we have killed lawfully employed guardsmen, even mercenary guardsmen. If he lies then we have still allowed a captain to expand his influence beyond his district. A very troubling matter."

Gillric
2012-01-21, 02:12 PM
Ashe

I think this needs to go right to the top. The highest ranking official in the city. Why don't we get him or her here as well.

Dekkah
2012-01-21, 02:36 PM
DM
The man moving toward the crate stop, frozen in his tracks. The soldier leader eyes narrows and he says, nearly yelling in anger,
"Step aside elf! You are in our district here and you'll cooperate or will be arrested, forcefully if required."
The man keep his gaze locked with Ashe for a few second and you can see him takea deep breath to calm himself. He still look quite pissed, but add with an even tone.
"I am not gonna wait for anyone to do my job. William Brasseur have no reason to come here, and as I just said, have no autority here. As for our Commander, he have a lot on his plate and I am sure he wont come to this place to please you. Karl, check those crates."
Karl look at Ashe waryly and wait a few seconds to see if he moves aside.
One of the man behind the lieutenant, get closer to the man and whisper something in the leader ear, which make the man face show some surprised, but still keep his pissed face.

Note : The lieutemant doesnt seem to have notice nor heard Marius whispered comment (he was busy speaking to Ashe).

Gillric
2012-01-21, 02:52 PM
Ashe

Standing firmly in place, Ashe puts his hand to the hilt of his blade. Threatening me are you? Now that would not be a wise thing to do. With his hand casually on his sword hilt, Ashe spreads his feet and braces himself for what is to come. And I never said anything about this commander of yours. I mean to have this taken to the top of the pecking order in this city.

Oath on the Leader

Shadow_Elf
2012-01-21, 03:59 PM
Ace
Gentlemen, there is no need to escalate this. Captain Brasseur is merely coming to vet our story and verify for you, the commander, and whoever else decides to show up that we are who we claim. We never said Brasseur had any jurisdiction here; we were asked to search the city for the stolen food. That we found the food here was merely coincidence. To my knowledge, Brasseur has no motive to expand his influence over additional districts. He stands ahead of his allies, raising his hands nonthreateningly. Don't let your dislike of Brasseur cloud your judgment. Once everyone is here, we will sort this out.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-01-21, 06:04 PM
DM
Karl take two step backward, barely able to hide his own fear of the agressive elf.
As Ashe threathen and put his divine focus onto the lieutenant, his eye widen in surprise and outrage as he instinctivly take a battle stance. The soldier around tighthen their grip on their weapon, ready to obey their leader orders.

As the man open his mouth and is about to take a step forward, Ace step in front of Ashe and seak to him, drawing his attention. The man apparently have trouble keeping his focus onto Ace words, his blood boiling, but he do stay put and listen up to the end. The is a short pause and takes a few short breath, trying to calm himself and finaly say,
"Alright, you'll get your wishes."
As he look around and see Karl unease, he tells him,
"Karl, go get Captain Beaudoin. Tell him what happened here."
Spoting a few curious citizens gathering closeby, he tell his mens.
"Secure the area and scatter these citizens."
The man then sheet his weapon as he look at Ashe and say, "Know that threatning an officer of law is passible of 2 nights in jail."
He then walk up to your prisoners and stop in front of one of the mercenaries apparently wanting someone else description of the events.
"You, tell me what happened here."
The man answer the lieutenant question.
"I have been hired by the city guard to watch this warehouse a week ago. At first, it was empty, but then, on the night the goblins attacked, soldiers brought these crates of food here. We have been watching them since then, but then these mens attacked us. That one, bursted throught the windows there followed by him, that one turned against us and the two others came inside from the front door. They killed a few of our mens and droped our employer there."
He indicated the silent Green. The soldier then look down as he continues,
"After that, I knew we were overpowered. I- I'm sorry to say that we surrendered, but we could not had won. "
The man keep silent for a few second, apparently a bit ashamed, but then look up to the militia lieutenant,
"I hope you punish them as you should and have them..."
"I dont want your opinion on how I should deal with these. You are not part of the militia. You may have been hired for that task as you say, but you arent part of the militia and have no say on how we deal with these mens."
The man shut up, suprised of the outburst.

I am stoping there for now to give you some time to reply/interrupt or add stuff/talk among yourselves/ use some skills or the like.

If you guys dont do anything before monday, I'll move onward.