PDA

View Full Version : Cohort for a RKV

NOhara24
2011-11-28, 11:21 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice on a potential cohort for an RKV that I'm currently playing. But, some info on the party first.

Myself: Paladin/Crusader/RKV . Beatstick/Meat Shield.

Cleric/Sovereign Speaker - Primary Divine Caster/DPS.

Druid/Planar Shepard - Secondary Divine Caster/Attempts melee occasionally.

Monk/I-Monk - Meat shield. Often flanks with Rogue.

Rogue/Invisible Blade - Skill Monkey, etc.

I'm currently thinking that a Sorcerer as a cohort would make a good addition to the party. We're lacking an Arcane caster, and a sorcerer that's always 2 levels behind me would still remain effective, and yet wouldn't ever overshadow the party. I was thinking about using the Mailman build. Thoughts/suggestions?

Jheska
2011-11-28, 12:19 PM
What your party is missing is your classic 5th wheel! Optimise yourself a bard, have them be great at inspire courage to make all the other players (and you) far better at melee. Throw in dragonfire inspiration and even the monk will have respectable damage (when IC actually lets him hit).

Later levels he can go into sublime chord and be the sorcerer you were thinking about, with added IC goodness. He can skillmonkey too on whatever skills the rogue is missing.

Heck, have him go into bardblade and get yourself a martial initiator buddy, in white raven there are all kinds of ways to help your party of melee fighters be even better at everything they do.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-28, 12:25 PM
Agreed on bardblade or bardsader.