PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Scout ideas?

Bobbunny
2011-11-28, 06:05 PM
PHB only stuff, unless you think you has a decent idea equipment wise.

With 20 DEX, I am barely ahead with the Drow Ranger in our party as the sneak thief person. I am currently doing a dual-wield type, although I do also use a short bow and a spear. Plan to add on to those later.

Basically, any ideas for me? Things like tips, ideas, maybe personal thoughts?

TroubleBrewing
2011-11-28, 06:14 PM
What do you want to do?

FMArthur
2011-11-28, 06:14 PM
Playing a Scout with just the PHB must be unimaginably difficult. You have my sympathies. :smalltongue:

You'll need to find out a way to Pounce or otherwise move and full attack to really benefit from your TWF style as a Scout. It's sort of difficult just in the PHB. Since you have Complete Adventurer I was about to suggest Dual Strike, which is still one of the poorer options for that... but after a closer read it turns out it's completely useless for this as well. Sorry I couldn't help. It's been a while for me...

Lateral
2011-11-28, 06:35 PM
You're playing a Scout, but Core is all that's allowed? :smallconfused:

I... kind of can't give any advice. There's enough support to build a decent Scout, but the tools you need are in another castle. (Scouts are very difficult to make decent without the support in Complete Scoundrel, and impossible to make decent without the support in Complete Adventurer. For obvious reasons.)

Bobbunny
2011-11-28, 07:01 PM
Playing a Scout with just the PHB must be unimaginably difficult. You have my sympathies. :smalltongue:

You'll need to find out a way to Pounce or otherwise move and full attack to really benefit from your TWF style as a Scout. It's sort of difficult just in the PHB. Since you have Complete Adventurer I was about to suggest Dual Strike, which is still one of the poorer options for that... but after a closer read it turns out it's completely useless for this as well. Sorry I couldn't help. It's been a while for me...

I think I can score travel devotion via magic item. So that's some good news.

I thank those who gave pity. The reason I'm ahead is because I am one of the few people who are good at combat.