PDA

View Full Version : [PF] First time character in pathfinder 2.0 this time more fleshed out

Master Thrower
2011-11-28, 06:08 PM
Ok for those of you helped with my last character, I have looked more into pathfinder, and read the handbook on 3.5 to pathfinder.

So this time I have a more fleshed out idea i'd like some help with.

I'd like to play a human paladin, starting around level 5 and headed towards level 15.

My idea was to play a character with reach using either a spiked chain, or use a glaive and armor spikes. If I do use a glaive and armor spikes, how exactly does that combo work? Do I upgrade my armor spikes as I will be using them?

Anyways the build

Human Paladin 10 (All favored class points going towards health)

Base Stats
Str-18 (17 Base 8th level point)
Dex-12
Con-16
Wis-10
Int-10
Cha-18- (15 base, 4th level point, human bonus)

traits- Dangerously Curious (UMD is always a class skill +1 on the check)
Reactionary- +2 Initiative

Feats-
Human- EWP (Spiked chain) Or Step up?
1- power attack
3-Combat Reflexes
5. Standstill?
7. Lunge
9 ?

My weapon bond will be weapon. Apart from that I don't mind considering paladin arch-types .

Anyways all suggestions would be great, Pathfinder Srd only, preferably pathfinder core rule based .Thanks

rollforeigninit
2011-11-29, 10:11 PM
Just checking that you are aware that Spiked Chain no longer provides reach. It floored me but it makes taking other weapons more worthwhile.

There's a good paladin guide or 2 out there that have more ideas but the SC is no longer the be all & end all of weapons for a CR build.

Out of curiosity, are you going for an off-archetype paladin build?

Master Thrower
2011-11-29, 10:18 PM
Just checking that you are aware that Spiked Chain no longer provides reach. It floored me but it makes taking other weapons more worthwhile.

There's a good paladin guide or 2 out there that have more ideas but the SC is no longer the be all & end all of weapons for a CR build.

Out of curiosity, are you going for an off-archetype paladin build?

Oh.. Well I fail, I just assumed they kept the reach

Zeborazor
2011-11-29, 10:19 PM
You also get an additional attribute point at level 4, I'm almost certain. Otherwise it's hard to go wrong with paladin. Smite evil is so mean in PF as long as you have a decent Cha.

NamelessNPC
2011-11-29, 10:49 PM
You also get an additional attribute point at level 4, I'm almost certain. Otherwise it's hard to go wrong with paladin. Smite evil is so mean in PF as long as you have a decent Cha.

No, that hasn't changed

Zeborazor
2011-11-29, 11:00 PM
No, that hasn't changed

Wait, what?

Just to document: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement

Hiro Protagonest
2011-11-29, 11:03 PM
Wait, what?

Just to document: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement

...No, you only get one attribute point at 4th level. :smallconfused:

Zeborazor
2011-11-29, 11:08 PM
Ignore me, I'm an idiot. I only saw the 8th level attribute point in the build above. I thought he skipped the 4th level bump. /sigh

NamelessNPC
2011-11-29, 11:17 PM
Oh, I thought you meant you get 2 atribute points at lvl 4

Blyte
2011-11-30, 12:01 AM
been considering this guy since I read the "viable monks" thread...

Level 10 Human Monk --Master of Many Styles--

(using your same stat array, but from here on pump wis)
Str-16
Dex-18
Con-12
Wis-18
Int-10
Cha-10

Human Bonus Feat
1 Dodge

Level Advancement Feats
1 Crane Style 1
3 Mobility
5 Crane Style 2
7 Side Step
9 Snake Style 3

Monk Bonus Feats
1 Snake Style 1
2 Snake Style 2
6 Panther Style 1
10 Panther Style 2

Items:
bracers of armor
+str/dex/wis items
amulet of natural armor
monk's robe
+brass knuckles

by combining these styles you are VERY hard to hit, and you make people pay for even trying to hit you. toe to toe with any one melee, you are nigh unbeatable. with any group of melee, you get to treat them like the 3 stooges.

level 11+ you might want crane 3, panther 3, scorpion style, jaw breaker, step up...

Larpus
2011-11-30, 07:46 AM
Oh.. Well I fail, I just assumed they kept the reach
Sadly no, so it's pretty useless now.

So your options are either scrap EWP and grab something else or apply it to Whips, which have the added bonus of allowing Trip and Disarm from far away, but your damage output will most probably suffer as the Scorpion Whip is as damaging as a Dagger.

Anyway, Stand Still doesn't sound like that great of a feat honestly, I'd rather have Selective Channeling so I can heal only my party but not the bad guys when it's needed.