PDA

View Full Version : Cool build ideas.

Snowbluff
2011-11-28, 06:36 PM
I have a campaign in 2 hours, but I am DMing one right now and don't have time to research a new build right now.

Anyone have any cool build ideas that i can use? Preferably in psi or Arcane (I haven't done much with those before).

hex0
2011-11-28, 06:48 PM
What levels and sources?

If anything, I'd suggest playing a Neraph Trickster Spellthief.

Snowbluff
2011-11-28, 06:52 PM
All completes and most 3.5 material in general.

Other news, wtf is a Neraph Trickster?

Flickerdart
2011-11-28, 06:56 PM
Whirling Frenzy Spirit Lion Barbarian 1/Scout 4/Ranger 15 is very straightforward to build (the only feats you care about are Extra Rage, Improved Skirmish and Swift Hunter, after that grab whatever) while being quite versatile (you have tons of skill points to complement your combat abilities, and are decent with a random bow you pick up if need be). If you want to be complicated about it, take the same build for the first few levels, then dip into whatever arcane casting class you feel like (if your only good mental stat is Wisdom, Unseelie Dark Hunter works) and then head into Unseen Seer, and watch your awesome damage get even more awesome while practically free spells pour into your lap like gold.

@^: neraphs are outsiders from the Planar Handbook and Trickster Spellthief is a variant from some Dragon.

Shade Kerrin
2011-11-28, 06:58 PM
Draw heavily from Frostburn, and make a Cyromancer.
On a more serious note....actually, that would work there, too.

kardar233
2011-11-28, 07:06 PM
Neraph is a +0 LA Outsider with no racial adjustments who flat-foots an enemy the first time they charge. As an Outsider, they get all Martial Weapon proficiencies and some really nice Alter Self and Polymorph forms.

Trickster Spellthief is a Spellthief ACF from some Dragon Magazine that gives better spellcasting progression IIRC.

For an interesting build, try the WarBardLock:

Warlock6/Bard1/(Harmonious Knight Paladin of Whatever/Unarmed Swordsage)2/Hellfire Warlock3/Legacy Champion8

Dragon #358 is required for this build (Eldritch Claws) and Dragon #355 is useful for Beast Strike.

It's really feat-starved, as you'll be blowing all your feats on Inspire Courage optimization, Dragonfire Inspiration, (Improved) Rapidstrike, Eldritch Claws, Beast Strike, SUS, Snowflake Wardance and similar.

However, done right you should be able to get ~40d6 damage per hit, 9 times a round. It also buffs your allies with your ~14d6 Dragonfire Inspiration, you've got a couple of Greater Invocations as well as Bard spells, and if you use the Paladin levels you're pretty much CHA-SAD.

Plus you can role-play as Richard. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g)

Snowbluff
2011-11-28, 07:13 PM
Neraph is a +0 LA Outsider with no racial adjustments who flat-foots an enemy the first time they charge. As an Outsider, they get all Martial Weapon proficiencies and some really nice Alter Self and Polymorph forms.

Trickster Spellthief is a Spellthief ACF from some Dragon Magazine that gives better spellcasting progression IIRC.

For an interesting build, try the WarBardLock:

Warlock6/Bard1/(Harmonious Knight Paladin of Whatever/Unarmed Swordsage)2/Hellfire Warlock3/Legacy Champion8

Dragon #358 is required for this build (Eldritch Claws) and Dragon #355 is useful for Beast Strike.

It's really feat-starved, as you'll be blowing all your feats on Inspire Courage optimization, Dragonfire Inspiration, (Improved) Rapidstrike, Eldritch Claws, Beast Strike, SUS, Snowflake Wardance and similar.

However, done right you should be able to get ~40d6 damage per hit, 9 times a round. It also buffs your allies with your ~14d6 Dragonfire Inspiration, you've got a couple of Greater Invocations as well as Bard spells, and if you use the Paladin levels you're pretty much CHA-SAD.

Plus you can role-play as Richard. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g)

Ooooooh I haven't done warlock yet! Gotta try this!

PS: Rich is awesome! Love LFG

EDIT: Can someone give me the rules or a source for Eldritch Claws?

kardar233
2011-11-28, 07:48 PM
Eldritch Claws is Dragon #358.

"As a free action, you may form your Eldritch Claws. While your eldritch claws exist you may make up to two claw attacks as natural weapons. You are automatically proficient with your Eldritch Claws. On a successful attack with an Eldritch Claw you deal your normal amount of unarmed strike damage plus your Eldritch Blast damage.

And while I'm at it, here's Beast Strike from Dragon #355.

Requires Unarmed Strike, Claw Attacks. "When you make an unarmed strike or grapple check to deal damage, you may add your claw or slam damage to your unarmed strike or grapple damage."

Make 4 Unarmed Strikes at UAS damage x2 + Eldritch Blast damage, then make 5 Claw attacks at UAS damage + Eldritch Blast damage.

Snowbluff
2011-11-28, 10:25 PM
Eldritch Claws is Dragon #358.

And while I'm at it, here's Beast Strike from Dragon #355.

Make 4 Unarmed Strikes at UAS damage x2 + Eldritch Blast damage, then make 5 Claw attacks at UAS damage + Eldritch Blast damage.

Way cool! :smallbiggrin: