PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to abuse Warforged traits as a Warmage?

deuxhero
2011-11-28, 07:52 PM
While this is mostly because I can think of at least one really cool example for inspiration

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090515014725/batenkaitos/images/thumb/c/c5/Guillo.jpg/176px-Guillo.jpg

I'd love to know if there is a way make a Warforged Warmage work as a Warforged instead of "inferior anything without a cha penalty" Warmage.

I don't need super optimized, but able to compete and at least some Warforged Warmage exclusive trick.

Also: What book is Sanctified One from?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-28, 08:24 PM
Use the Bastard and Bloodlines (3.0) and Third Party to booth, feat Lost tradition to change the casting to Int based? (that would also help to make Warmage Edge marginally more useful.)

I got nothing exclusive to Warforged though.

I think the Sanctified ones are from Complete Champion.

deuxhero
2011-11-28, 08:27 PM
Not sure a construct can have a bloodline. Yes nothing RAW against it, but RAI and RAMS...

A reply to a cross post on BG has mentioned cloud kill over yourself, but thought that was about it.

Rubik
2011-11-28, 08:30 PM
Is there any spell that gives you a breath weapon that you can take? Warforged make awesome dragonborns. Give him the (heart) version, and take metabreath and metamagic feats and boost the heck out of both breath weapons.

Not sure a construct can have a bloodline. Yes nothing RAW against it, but RAI and RAMS...

A reply to a cross post on BG has mentioned cloud kill over yourself, but thought that was about it.Just say that some outsider/elemental/whatever blood polluted the creation forge while it was making you. Or maybe someone used Abyssal wood in your construction or something.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-28, 08:30 PM
The creator used some type of rare blood as a regent in the creation of the Warforged? Still that is a general feat not a bloodline as the title of the source-book might imply.

Kenneth
2011-11-28, 08:39 PM
I am not seeing the big deal here myself..

so you get a -2 cha penalty. that is not that big of an issue at 1st level and by the time you need a +1 modifer higher.. well magical items are there even with a 14 Cha starting out you are looking at like a mid 20s CHa score by level 20.

unless what you are really meaning is

I'd love to know if there is a way make a Warforged Warmage work as a Warforged instead of "inferior to anything without an 18 cha " Warmage.

in addition you get the cool goodies that being a warfogred gets so you can have a lower str and con than normal and do not forget the other nice warforged things.. like you don't have to eat or breathe or ya know.. any of that kind of stuff.