PDA

View Full Version : Good feats for a spirit shaman

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-28, 10:40 PM
Level 14.

I am not interested in self-buffing and wading into melee. I'll be depending on spells in combat.

I also have great knowledge and social skills (thanks to 3 levels of human paragon) and Use Magic Device. I am a suave spirit shaman with a formal education.

deuxhero
2011-11-28, 10:57 PM
Isn't there some semi-obscure feat that makes you SAD instead of MAD?

gbprime
2011-11-29, 12:34 AM
Isn't there some semi-obscure feat that makes you SAD instead of MAD?

Yup. Dynamic Priest, from Dragonlance: Age of Mortals. It's technically 3rd party.

It takes your Spellcasting score and moves it from WIS to CHA, but only for spells available, not for spellcasting DC. But since a Spirit Shaman is CHA for spell DC already, it's perfect.

Allanimal
2011-11-29, 12:45 AM
My SS has gone the summoning route, and as such has taken Spontaneous Summoner, Spell Focus: Conjuration, and Augment Summmoning.

Umbranar
2011-11-29, 06:18 AM
Got a summoner Spirit Shaman level 12

Feats: Spell Focus conj, Augment Summoning, Rapid Spell, Improved Initiative and Spontanious Summoner (im a human)

Couldnt get the kick ass summon feats because of restrictions in our group.

If you think about blasting or controlling...battlefield control is possible blasting is pretty much not done with druid spells until high levels.

Darrin
2011-11-29, 07:54 AM
Spirit shamans cast from the druid list, so I'd probably start with Extend Spell and Sculpt Spell. Extended creeping cold does 21d6 damage over 6 rounds. Sculpted entangle, path of frost, and drifts of the shalm are also nifty. And since both are +1 level metamagics, if I have room for it I like to grab Midnight Metamagic to get a couple free Extends or Sculpts per day.

Cieyrin
2011-11-29, 01:33 PM
It should be noted that Player's Guide to Eberron specifically states that Spirit Shamans can take the druid initiate feats without jumping through Spontaneous Summoner, so all those goodies are up for grabs.

Human Paragon 3
2011-11-29, 04:28 PM
Not into summoning, really, too much book-keeping. Any other suggestions for metamagic feats to leverage my spell power (battlefield control and save or X is good). I am considering taking a slew of item creation feats for cheap goods, too. Do you think it would be worth it to craft a rod of Maximize?

Cieyrin
2011-11-29, 04:59 PM
Not into summoning, really, too much book-keeping. Any other suggestions for metamagic feats to leverage my spell power (battlefield control and save or X is good). I am considering taking a slew of item creation feats for cheap goods, too. Do you think it would be worth it to craft a rod of Maximize?

Metamagic rods are definitely handy, though I do believe you need the metamagic feat to make the equivalent rod, so there is that to think about.

Some of the Reserve feats work fairly well for Spirit Shamans, like Fiery Burst. The druid list has a fair diversity in terms of elements, so which ever you pursue will probably work reasonably well, though I'd probably pick up Energy Substitution to really leverage it, as well as considering Born of Three Thunders.