PDA

View Full Version : RP matters, I don't know what to do with my character.

Pilo
2011-11-29, 11:35 AM
I am currently playing a Cadwallon game
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadwallon_%28role-playing_game%29).
In this world elfs are cursed. The elf mothers die when they give birth.
We are looking for a half-born elf child whom mother is still half alive.

I am playing a young CG half-elf sorcerer(protean bloodline)/ oracle(voice curse) with a level of bard and my stats are 8,18,14,18,10,24.

My god is a sleeping dragon under the city of Cadwallon and he doesn't know he is sleeping but there is fat chance that i can wake him anyway.

I have been raised by a druid group then given to a mercenary school. A few time ago i have been hired, with some other people by a rich elf who want to understand why the mother isn't dead yet.
So we join a caravan to go were she was captured by slavers before being bought by the quest giver, and we are looking for her child.

The matter is i have very few clues of how to play such a character. My character think he has a great destiny, he has been chosen by a god and given a lot of power for that.

But last time, i don't know what to do with my character. The world is at war, there are 3 powerful factions an LG (religious fanatics), a TN(Liberty fanatics) and an Evil one (attempting to set an end to this world), and I am a free thinker.

May you give me some hints please?

Yora
2011-11-29, 11:45 AM
To be frank, you put yourself a great deal of drama on your plate. I think it's a better idea to come up with a less complicated backstory and putting more thought into what kind of person you want that character to be.

Also, everything depends a lot on what kind of group the character is and what these people are doing in the game.

Pilo
2011-11-29, 12:15 PM
Well, my party have:

- A CN old goblin who can sell anything/anyone for a short term benefit
- A probably humanoid CN rogue/alchemist who can do the same but want to help people.
- A CB wolfen (kind of always hybrid large werewolf form) warrior who has the vow of poverty but explain his feelings/points of view by violence and then let our the bad guys leave when they are defeated.

And i can't change my character.

At first i want to lead people to pray my divine entity but my DM warn me that it is not an option so i have to figure out how to play my character an other way.

Jornophelanthas
2011-11-29, 12:33 PM
I have 2 suggestions:

1. You could always use your alignment (CG) as a guideline for playing your character. Apparently, chaotic alignments are not supported in any of the major factions, so you could try to rally people to defend their own interests by telling them to "do what's right". This does not guarantee that any of these people will agree with each other what's "the right thing to do", so they will never be a faction of their own. But you could rally small communities of people to defend their own interests and way of life against the larger forces.
It doesn't need to work. But your character should believe he/she can make a difference this way.

2. Also, you're the only Good character in the party. You could use that to find motivation within every single adventure. For example, your character is the one most likely to care about the well-being of the elf mother and child. Play that up.
You could develop this specific attitude to a general belief that your "great destiny" is to make the world a better place by performing one good deed at a time, and to inspire people to do more good in doing so.

Pilo
2011-11-30, 01:49 PM
Thanks.

At first i thought i will ask people to join my faith then help them. But you are right, I have to help them then ask them if they want to do a difference in this world.