PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy: Malal

Beelzebub1111
2011-11-29, 05:04 PM
I know that there are no stats for Malal or what his demons, this is just a general discussion/question of what his demons would look like or a general idea for a stat-line. For the game's final mission(before the player's ascension if they wish to do so) I'm planning a 7 way free-for-all on the planet Malice between chaos cultists of each of the chaos gods, the imperial guard, Ork Freebootaz who are after the Acolytes for revenge/a good fight/lootin', and the dwindiling Malalite forces who have, in a last ditch effort, have summoned the Sons of Malice forth from the warp along with Daemons and such things.

I want to give my Acolytes a chance to use all their skills and talents that they've built up for an epic confrontation of Good vs Neutral vs Evil vs Evil vs Evil vs Evil vs EVIL!

Selrahc
2011-11-29, 06:39 PM
(before the player's ascension if they wish to do so)

Ascension as in to Black Crusade Daemonhood, or Ascension to DH:Ascension?

Malal's daemons are predators of daemonkind. I'd imagine they would mostly be powerful and individualistic. Powerful because any daemon that is part of the Malal faction would have to be strong to avoid being preyed on by other daemons. Individualistic, because unlike the other gods Malal doesn't really have a theme that he imposes on his followers.

Long story short, make up some monsters.

In general, they'd have some specific anti-daemon traits. Ignoring Daemonic unnatural toughness, and causing extra damage to chaotic foes.

Beelzebub1111
2011-11-30, 05:10 AM
Ascension to DH:Ascension.

Interesting. So you think there would be individual Horror-killers, Bloodletter-killers, Daemonette-killers, and so on? Or just general strength? It's just that, I'm pretty bad at making up stuff like this.

The Glyphstone
2011-11-30, 08:22 AM
Go further than that - have no two Malal demons alike at all, at least in appearance. You can cut corners and reuse stat-blocks, but every one of them should be visually unique.

As for their 'jobs', individualize that too. A 'daemonette-hunter' might take the approach of being a seducer so seductive they can lure daemonettes and beat them at their own game, another might be almost Khornate and confront them in pure physical might. Just be as varied as possible in their appearances and attitudes (and since you're running for Acolytes, you only need a handful of total demons for them to fight anyways).

Beelzebub1111
2011-11-30, 02:41 PM
Ooh! I had a better thought! Malal Daemons are Daemons of other gods who have been tortured and converted to fight their kin!

The Glyphstone
2011-11-30, 03:05 PM
Maybe some of them are. But not all of them, because, y'know, that whole individuality thing.

Shoot Da Moon
2011-12-03, 03:59 PM
If memory serves, it fits Malal to have his daemons to be highly individualistic, but incredibly tough, getting in the way of the other Chaos Gods' plans and have their powers powered by their own life force.

The idea is, Malal is both Justice and Revenge. The power of one and the tendency of the Chaos God to fork each other and their own selves over.

Beelzebub1111
2011-12-03, 08:33 PM
Great ideas all around, so what do you think about the finale in general?

Selrahc
2011-12-04, 04:53 AM
Great ideas all around, so what do you think about the finale in general?

Personally, I'd lose the Orks. You've already got a *lot* going on. I don't think the Orks will add much, while also making things less cohesive. Nurgle followers can fill the niche of orks quite well actually, if you're looking for some comic relief. The jolly Nurgle follower who revels in their diseases is quite a good one for keeping things light.

Maybe the Orks are a major part of the Campaign, and need to stick around for the finale. But just from what you've said I think a rumble between the squabbling Chaos gods and the Imperium is thematically cleaner.